PDA

View Full Version : Question

MetaKraken
5th November 2009, 03:02 PM
Does Wipeout 2097 have pilots? If so, can someone show me their logos?

Task
5th November 2009, 04:16 PM
No.
It doesn't even have AI pilots, just slow-moving pilons on the track. 8 )

MetaKraken
5th November 2009, 08:22 PM
No.
It doesn't even have AI pilots, just slow-moving pilons on the track. 8 )

So Wipeout 3 does'nt have pilots also (including the Special Edition one0?

Task
6th November 2009, 09:27 AM
Correct.
Only WO1 and Fusion have them IIRC. And QR. That almost counts.

Additionally, I would suggest breaking yourself of the "always reply with quote" habit that you've picked up somewhere. 8 )

DawnFireDragoon
6th November 2009, 09:44 AM
don't you prefer that it doesn't have them. i much prefer the idea of getting in the vehicle 'myself' and piloting it. :D

the character design in fusion was terrible...what was with the cyborgs? weird.

AG-wolf
6th November 2009, 11:52 AM
the character design in fusion was great :D It felt like a return to the more atmospheric approach of the fist game... i can appreciate that a lot of people just dont reall like fusion in general- i got it on release back in the day, and I still wasn't a "Seasoned Veteran" with the Wipeout series, so its differences didn't really stand out so much to me...

DawnFireDragoon
6th November 2009, 05:39 PM
see, that's the thing, i'd been playing the games since the first one and fusion seemed like they just tried to change things too much. i still play it, but it's so odd feeling, handling wise, buggy and full of weird choices for the series.

As for the pilots, we'll have to agree to disagree on that subject. :D

Mnemonic
19th June 2010, 06:55 AM
I for myself don´t see the need or the sense of pilots in the Wipeout series. I only thought, while playin Fusion: hey, i thought i am the pilot here! Instead i had to choose one of many ugly drawn comical images. Real Bad! Stuff like this has to be made by a good design team to let it fit into the rest of the game.

Anyway, another question: Anyone got the NTSC- and the PAL Version of Wipeout XL? How great ist the speed difference from 50 to 60 htz? i always wondered, but never got the opportunity to get a NTSC Wipeout.

JABBERJAW
19th June 2010, 06:01 PM
xl is smoother, 2097 is floatier, better times can be got on xl, but the speed shows faster on 2097, brake tap on blue pads (with piranha) for speed increase on XL, with 2097 you can tap back and forth up to around 400 and speed up faster, after that it is only on the blue pads. It is easier to go from playing 2097 to XL than vice versa

Mnemonic
21st June 2010, 01:56 PM
Ah, thanks for the info. I wondered, cause Wipeout is an european game. So i thought its naturally made for 50 htz. I´ll give it a try, if i ever found an NTSC Wipeout. Maybe some day...