PDA

View Full Version : Most to rage quit against you?

Koleax
21st October 2009, 02:51 AM
I just had four, count 'em, four people rage quit against me in a Rapier Eliminator match on Metropia, probably the combination of my best track, class, and mode. It was too easy. I'm undefeated in AP Eliminators with 6 or more opponents, but that one is generally easy. Metropia and I have this thing going on ever since we spent a couple hours straight in photo mode together. I'll spare you the intimate details, but she was beautiful.

This is my proudest achievement so far in Wipeout. I remember all three people either quitting or disconnecting in a 4-player AP Eliminator, but I know for certain they all raged this time. I completely waylaid them and I didn't even have a quake. They knew I was impossible to beat. It would have been over in less than a minute anyways if they stayed, but that would have been too painful for them. It's a hell of a lot of fun, when you get over the initial annoyance.

My next goal is five rage quits, which I know is doable and six is realistic. I don't know if I'll get the hallowed seven some day, but where would we be without ideals, eh?

IH8YOU
21st October 2009, 03:43 AM
I once DNF'd an entire room on Sebenco Reverse (all 7 of them) - and set a world record, to boot.

And no - it wasn't a room full of Noobs, and no, nobody quit the race. (amazingly)

I did however, get accused of cheating post-race - and the room cleared out like it got plague.

Still - getting 4 to rage-quit is very impressive. :nod

KIGO1987
21st October 2009, 05:13 AM
Ive quite a few races online, after experiencing the most cuntyiest of all lag situations, it was so bad, the ship wasnt accelerating like it should at phantom speed, the controls where marshmallow, and there where more Vista Pads problems than the actually crappy OS itself.

I rage quit because i dont want to break another controller, so i think ahead, of what possibly might happen. Exit the game, have a Red Bull, check my email and mobile for incoming messages. and return back when to the PS3 to check and return my messages there as well, all good:)

Vartazian
21st October 2009, 07:06 AM
I take pride in my Ability to make people rage quit. Since some of them are regulars on this site I wont mention them.

Rage Quitters are Scum. They cant even take their loss. I respect a player who can take a good humbling, I know I had to when I started. Kyonshi, Boo4Ever and a few others are all great racers who look at losing and winning as a improvement cycle. I highly respect these racers.

ProblemSolver
21st October 2009, 08:10 AM
I think I raged today for the first time. A few minutes ago I had some tough races with
Vartazian, we battled for the first place on VK Rev. as suddently someone showed up
slowly moving on the middle of the track bringing me to a complete stand-still. I wrote
him a 'nice' PN shortly thereafter, he replyed; "if you didn't noticed, its totally a contact
racing game" Holy crap, he was parking in the middle of the track.
His level was quite low level and he obviously didn't knew anyone on the server.

Some low-birds think they can join any server and ruin the current game. Why isn't there
at least a level restriction?

Koleax
21st October 2009, 09:25 AM
IH8YOU, that's a really great story. If you count the players that cleared out after the previous Eliminator, which I dominated, then it'd be six for me, but they at least have some plausible deniability. Maybe dinner was ready or something. :) But still, you can sorta tell. Like when one guy is dominating and I need a round or two to warm up, and then I'm dominating that guy, the rest see that they have no hope, lol.

Connavar
21st October 2009, 09:39 AM
First, DNF and Rage quit are 2 different things, usually when playing against
novice players, if you're like 15 seconds or even 1 lap ahead, then many of them
will quit, but just a DNF, and this is very frequent, I'm sure it happened to many
of us.

Rage quit is usually against other good players, and sometimes I caused it and
I perfectly understood why, example, I won't mention the name, but on Vineta
rev, I had missiled a very good player who was 2nd, then picked up a rocket and
because my missile had stopped him, I managed to offer him 3 whole rockets,
he exploded and disconnected just afterwards...

I wouldn't disconnect for such a matter, however if there is a bug in the game,
like infinite respawn (happened on seb. rev), or yeah being stuck behind
someone (AFK), now that is VERY annoying, and I might just quit the race.

OBH
21st October 2009, 09:57 AM
I rage quit from time to time, though only if its gone 3am, im bloody tired, not paying 100% attention, and am just embaressing myself with my drowzy racing lines :)

I'll DNF if an almighty crash happens. I remember z1 bumbing off on sol 2 bridge, just for oolproo to do the same as i respawned, then someone i dont know dropped a bomb infront of me and killed me. No point finishing a race after 2 respawns and a death in about 5 seconds. Though thats not strictly true...... anything can happen in wipEout.

I just use it as ample coffee / skinning up time :+

Dark_Phantom_89
21st October 2009, 11:09 AM
I've had 3 people rage quit on me in a single race after winning around 5 times in a row. And of course, the usual "omg ur cheating" messages soon followed...

Kurlija
21st October 2009, 12:42 PM
I've never kept count of rage quitters, but I'll do so from now on. :)

I only rage quit once, against Elois. It wasn't even because he was beating me (which he was, utterly), it was because I ran off the track on *Metropia*...4 times in a row. *facepalm*

yeldar2097
21st October 2009, 12:44 PM
I've only managed to rage-quit 2 people I think but I think they wanted a private game (this was pre-fury)...

The only 'cheater' messages I have ever received were from wormwoodmoridin - he now quits whenever I enter the same room as him... :g

OBH
21st October 2009, 12:46 PM
Slightly off topic, but one thing that cracks me up more than rage quitting, is if you win multiple games in row and the whole room changes to the same ship as you :g

djKyoto
21st October 2009, 01:15 PM
OBH used to rage quit against me all the time before he got really good.

:g

Task
21st October 2009, 01:24 PM
Slightly off topic, but one thing that cracks me up more than rage quitting, is if you win multiple games in row and the whole room changes to the same ship as you :g
8 D
Is it the ship? Is it the ship? Is it the ship? It's gotta be the ship!
It's not the ship.

Cyberio
21st October 2009, 01:50 PM
Hey, i played with you yesterday.

Yes, it's horrible when many people quit at a same competition, in the most, the Tournaments, often in the 1.10 version of wipeout hd. I start with 8 contenders and i finish with 3.
Now with online levels they don't quit so often, i finish the tournaments with all or 90% of all the contenders.

OBH
21st October 2009, 02:40 PM
OBH used to rage quit against me all the time before he got really good :g
What is it with you guys in that part of the world ey? KIGO's got selective hearing and now your just flat out lying :g

Lightlord
21st October 2009, 02:50 PM
Heh clearing out whole rooms of people isn't as hard as people think, if you keep wining every race people don't like and quit. But the downside to this is that is harder to host because people will avoid your room at all costs which makes it frustrating waiting for even a single person to join lol.

Koleax
21st October 2009, 04:09 PM
Hey, Cyberio. Yeah, I remember our Zone Battles. Not many people do Zone Battle, but I always enjoy it, so if you're ever looking for another player, you can add me to your list.

Vartazian
21st October 2009, 05:22 PM
Dont forget to Add me too Cy. Me you and Koleax can all take chunks out of eachother ;)

@ProblemSolver. Was that the race where I pinned the brake and elimed you with the quake? or was that another Vin K.

I hate parkers, they are worse then Rage Quitters. Many a time Ive lost a 5 second lead due to being stopped DEAD in a hairpin.

IDReaper
21st October 2009, 06:39 PM
I maybe have gotten two in the past, probably not over I'm not sure. Doesn't happen much with me as the easiest solution is to shoot at me TT.

Darkdrium777
21st October 2009, 07:12 PM
8 D
Is it the ship? Is it the ship? Is it the ship? It's gotta be the ship!
It's not the ship.So true xD
I remember people switching to Goteki45 and then losing more than they did with Assegai hahaha :lol
I on the contrary hope that nobody rage quits against me, I really don't want anyone to get this frustrated because of me :)
I also rage quit one and a half times, I think I said it before, the real time was when I fell through the track because of all the ships pushing me, and the other half was against Expitarius where I lost a race because of a ship I had just fired upon that didn't ghost; I did finish the race but quit immediately after and turned off the PS3. Not really a rage quit per se, but I was still quite furious.

Asayyeah
21st October 2009, 07:27 PM
:mad: i will rage quit that thread :mad:

Byeee
:bat

leungbok
21st October 2009, 08:20 PM
Why isn't there
at least a level restriction?

Because in that case you will never have the honour to race with Wotan, Yeldar or Eloïs ;)
Seriously, fortunately there's no level restrictions. How could new comers (like obh, wotan, eric7dm...) had improved their skills to a top level if they never raced the fastest pilots when they began ?

yeldar2097
21st October 2009, 08:41 PM
That's why we have invite only :g

If you don't want to race with people that aren't at your level you can just choose invite/friends only :P

now if only it actually worked (all the time).... :lol

I remember racing against the best pilots when I was just starting to place WOHD, really nice feeling to race someone who you recognise just from seeing them on the leaderboard. I was like: :eek oO :hyper whenever I saw one of them. Even to lose by DNF was no problem, I just felt like "Wow! I want to be like him when I grow up!" :P

/offtopic

Order of preference:

Rage quit > racing backwards > parking in the middle of the track > parking in the middle of the track shooting people.

DawnFireDragoon
21st October 2009, 08:47 PM
Because in that case you will never have the honour to race with Wotan, Yeldar or Eloïs ;)
Seriously, fortunately there's no level restrictions. How could new comers (like obh, wotan, eric7dm...) had improved their skills to a top level if they never raced the fastest pilots when they began ?

also, the wipeout online community isn't really big enough for this feature. if you started dividing people based on skill levels it would take ages to find games, especially as HD is not a new game and it's online presence will be less and less over the coming year. it's a good idea, but implimenting it, would perhaps, be a mistake.

OBH
21st October 2009, 09:02 PM
How could new comers (like obh, wotan, eric7dm...) had improved their skills to a top level if they never raced the fastest pilots when they began ?
newcomer? :) im a wiper of old!!! :g (tho a WZ baby)

ahh i miss early woHD. leungok & assayyeah - my ultimate villains! fast AND french :p

KGB
21st October 2009, 09:05 PM
Just a thought, they may not be quitting through rage because your all so good, maybe the fact that you think you are so good, they don't want to race you. Just a thought. :D

KIGO1987
21st October 2009, 09:13 PM
When you think about it, what is worse,

A damaged ego?/ or

A damaged $90 DS3 Controller?

I think the controller is the higher priority here.

newcomer? :) im a wiper of old!!! :g (tho a WZ baby)

ahh i miss early woHD. leungok & assayyeah - my ultimate villains! fast AND french :p

Its only one "s" on asayyeah Haydn. LOL.

leungbok
21st October 2009, 09:13 PM
@kgb, lol, you found a clue here, mate !! :lol
@haydn, hey, do you thought about "pietro" (son of magneto in X-men comics) ? :hyper
@kigo, Yeah one "s" suppressed at Assayyeah and one "b" added for me :lol

SaturnReturn
21st October 2009, 09:14 PM
I just felt like "Wow! I want to be like him when I grow up!" :P

I can safely say you've achieved 50% of this ambition.;)

AG-wolf
21st October 2009, 09:19 PM
I rage quit once in a while, but only when I'm doing exceptionally bad... and I'm talking like going sailing off the track around a turn because someone dumped a mine or shot me right at the apex (offline race, but watch lap 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceaIYT5PSCw ), or hitting a f*cking LAMP-POST in Vineta K or Ubermall, or getting missile missile rocket quake plasma rocket quake in the span of one lap. It's only when there's some inexplicable cluster-f*ck, and even then it depends on my mood at the time.

I can appreciate the people who stick through to the end, but I have no patience to hobble in at 8th place when I could have done infinitely better. A lot of times, if I happen to quit when I'm racing against good players like Chaos80, Boo4ever, etc, I'll usually hop right back into the lobby when the race is done

KIGO1987
21st October 2009, 09:33 PM
That lamposts on the left side of the reverse track of Ubermall is definitely an ultimate bitch. That would rank high on my cunty-o-meter. I guess thats the only good thing about not having enable voicechat inside WOHD, my profanity is extremely high in moments like that in the game. LOL :)

yeldar2097
21st October 2009, 09:58 PM
I can safely say you've achieved 50% of this ambition.;)
Ok now I'm lost....

@OBH: Does that make me one of those pesky unwanted newcomers (****ing hate them...;) )? I'ma give you a slap for that one :P

Aeroracer
21st October 2009, 10:10 PM
i never rage quit..its embarrasing and it's rude too..its better to lose and be polite than to quit and run midway..but i do understand some players who do quit as wipeout can be as kigo puts it "very cunty sometimes :P"

i am guilty of doing so bad in a race i will come last so i park up on the side to nip off to get a quick cup of tea and come back for next race..but i only do that if i am thirsty..thats not bad ..is it...:nod

SaturnReturn
21st October 2009, 10:32 PM
That's not just bad, it's wrong. There is simply no way you can make a proper cup of tea in between races. I'm shocked and appalled. :(

KIGO1987
21st October 2009, 10:32 PM
I quit because the lag factor has become so bad, there is delay when the ship turns, and thats enough to put anybody in the shits. I never had this amount of trouble when i first had WOHD this time last year. Could be due to the fact of having 100 users in my friends list could be the factor. Under a month left and this bastard ISP contract is over. No more bullshit 256k connection. Problem is on my exchange there are only a few ADSL2+ providers, and those ones (Including Telstra Bigwank, and iprimus stingy) have stingy packages which are at stupid prices. Seriously Kevin Rudd was spose to fix this **** back when he got into government when he got voted in back in 2007, with the Australia wide Super Speed Optic Cable internet infrastructure plan, useless Queensland cu nt he is. Its says TPG is still setting up the infrastructure on my exchange, when they are finished with the pondering around crap, then ill sign up with them, considering everything goes smoothly.

Koleax
21st October 2009, 10:40 PM
Just a thought, they may not be quitting through rage because your all so good, maybe the fact that you think you are so good, they don't want to race you. Just a thought. :D
How would they know? I didn't message them and they couldn't have possibly heard my self-congratulating exclamatory outbursts. :)

I should note that I really don't want people to rage quit, in case it's not obvious. But when all four people do it in a five-player eliminator, you can't let that bother you... you must bask in its glory.

Aeroracer
21st October 2009, 11:35 PM
@ saturn...your right my tea i make between races does come up really too weak and i spill it as i run up the stairs so not to miss the next race.

i need to get my prioritys right..

1 Tea
2 wipeouthd:nod

OBH
22nd October 2009, 12:37 AM
Its only one "s" on asayyeah Haydn. LOL.

Theres also only one "b" in "nitpicking b*stard" :beer

djKyoto
22nd October 2009, 12:44 AM
What is it with you guys in that part of the world ey? KIGO's got selective hearing and now your just flat out lying :g

Now now, that was the past. Don't let it get to you. :D

ProblemSolver
22nd October 2009, 01:14 AM
... @ProblemSolver. Was that the race where I pinned the brake and elimed you with the quake? or was that another Vin K. ...
It was another VK.

Nice quake action, yeah. Well, it was in this race that I've found out that
the Weapon Hint lags somewhat behind. I just saw the item a few meters
before start / finish. As I saw it, I saw you slowing down while I was pulling
the brakes hard. Too late ... booom!. Good work. :+

... Seriously, fortunately there's no level restrictions. How could new comers (like obh, wotan, eric7dm...) had improved their skills to a top level if they never raced the fastest pilots when they began ?
When the level-system would had been thought off much better.

WOHD's level function is virtually ever increasing and it takes ages to catch
up -- if you want to. The problem with the level-system is that it has a strong
dependens on memory (on the time past).

Here is a level-system that works and is easy;

start level is 0 for everyone
global level up only if players of the highest level (+/- 2) play together for a
certain amount of time, like for about 50 races
local level up depends on position after a race; winning, for example, three
times (kind of a Hysterese) against a higher level player will increase ones
level a certain amount, which may also depend on the players' level ranked in
lower positions, similar with loosing (level decreasing)

Point two takes care of the progress of the community and point three
assures fast level-up and that players of a similar level (+/- 2) are also
similar in strength.

This level-system is implemented in Metal Gear Online and it works quite
well.

Given this level-system it's easy to host a game with a level restriction,
like for example; you can join only if your level lies within the range of
HL-x < HL < HL+x (HL := host's level) were x is given by the host.

Seriously, fortunately there's no level restrictions. ...
They would level up fast. Within one or two days they can reach the level
of the highest player if they win almost every race on lower levels.

Easy.

Aeroracer
22nd October 2009, 01:16 AM
to be honest i think out of all sites and forums on the net this is the nicest one..everyone is so nice to each other...

but then many members are stoned and high or pissed...but its good thing as relaxed people live longer...i like red wine myself.

KIGO1987
22nd October 2009, 02:26 AM
kyoto doesnt drink (think he is a mormon), ace is the one thats always stoned and Arch is always Cranky, he is cranky at me for something i dont know, have a look at MrSmadSmartAlex's page, wtf?? Some turd is spreading bullshit rumors around.

@kgb, lol, you found a clue here, mate !! :lol
@haydn, hey, do you thought about "pietro" (son of magneto in X-men comics) ? :hyper
@kigo, Yeah one "s" suppressed at Assayyeah and one "b" added for me :lol

leungbok where did your name tag come from anyway? never could figure that one out.

Vartazian
22nd October 2009, 03:30 AM
Roniboy (or however you spell it) joined my game to day.

First turn I got mines laid them and he ran into them.

He quit about 2 seconds after that.

I laughed pretty hard.

KIGO1987
22nd October 2009, 03:53 AM
You sure you don't live in Toronto Vartazian? There is another Mike in Canada who is a Wipeout fanatic and has similar characteristic like you:P

Vartazian
22nd October 2009, 03:55 AM
Im Very certain. Im in BC Canada ;)

KIGO1987
22nd October 2009, 04:46 AM
British Columbia it is. I guess you could be FBJs long lost twin though.:P

Vartazian
22nd October 2009, 05:11 AM
Ive already challened FBJ. I wana beat him too. Finally put Pirapac in his place.

KIGO1987
22nd October 2009, 05:19 AM
You've raced Mike on WOHD? I thought that guy only likes Wipeout Pulse.

Pihrapac doesn't race online for some reason i dont know why, if you wish to talk to him, best place is on WipeoutArena, Wipeoutzone's sister website, its a French website where they all congregate.

Vartazian
22nd October 2009, 05:36 AM
No Id just like to throttle that little coward. He thinks hes better then me and he wont even race me.

Regardless im off track.

DERAILING OVER.

leungbok
22nd October 2009, 08:00 AM
Pirahpac already beats you at numerous occasion under one of his other accounts !
You called him coward ! And what about flamming someone in a place where he can't answer anymore (and when he lives thousands of km from your conuntry) ? :-

And IMO, he's definitely better than you ! he's better than me too but i have no problems with that :lol

Vartazian
22nd October 2009, 08:05 AM
I really dont wana Derail this thread but Whatever. I guess Pirahpac is technically raging against me. For those who dont want any drama just skip this post.

Look Leung getting him to do your dirty work is

A: Childish

and

B: Stupid.

Personally I dont know or care when his ban is lifted. Also. He beat me MAAAYBE once online. He seems to act very childish while attacking my youtube page calling me gay and the like (Go ahead and remove it Pirahpac I got it Screenshotted.) Also Cowardly isnt the person who calls him out. its the person who refuses to accept the challenge. I know you have his back and I cant change that but please do tell your friend to act more mature.

Also tell him ill be waiting online to turn him to scrap ;)

For anyone else who is interested in the "Kind" things Pirahpac said to me on my youtube channel heres a link to the screenshot =) http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/Vartazian/PirahpacLol.jpg

leungbok
22nd October 2009, 08:20 AM
I don't need him (or anybody) to tell me what to say. i always do it at my will.
You want to make him upset ? For what i know, he REALLY don't care about online races (for him it's totally random and means nothing about real piloting skills), so beat all his TT/SL phantom records and i swear you'll have his interest and his respect ! You already have it for your TT on mod rev, but he'll beats it one day !

And thanks for the link, you made my day :lol

Vartazian
22nd October 2009, 08:24 AM
Good to see that Leungbok I respect that in you.

The thing that bugs me is that he thinks, that I think that I'm the Best Canadian Pilot which is far from the truth. I know im not the best Canadian pilot, and I never claimed to be. There are many other Canadian pilots who are much faster then me. I never saw FBJ race but I Knew he was fast as well as the Legendary DD777. He attacked me on those grounds and I responded.

As for your post leung. I try my hardest to beat the TT/SL records. again Never claimed to be profesional with those either.

Now lets end this before Lance or Infoxy gets angry at us? ;)

PS: If you could Tell Pirahpac to stop posting on my youtube, that would be nice.

KGB
22nd October 2009, 08:34 AM
How would they know? I didn't message them and they couldn't have possibly heard my self-congratulating exclamatory outbursts. :)

I should note that I really don't want people to rage quit, in case it's not obvious. But when all four people do it in a five-player eliminator, you can't let that bother you... you must bask in its glory.

It must be very lonely at the top, sitting on that throne, all alone. :g

leungbok
22nd October 2009, 08:44 AM
PS: If you could Tell Pirahpac to stop posting on my youtube, that would be nice.

If you don't call him coward again, i'm sure he'll not visit your page ;)
@Kgb, looool, you definitely stand in my book with Kigo and Blackwiggle :clap

breadhead
22nd October 2009, 08:59 AM
I never rage quit. If I did I'd only finish half my races and I think my "ranking" would go into negative numbers.

OBH
22nd October 2009, 11:04 AM
Oh great!! Didnt realise till last night that if you quit a room once the race is over (i.e in the results / podium screen) it still counts as a loss.

not a biggie, but still annoying.

abukii
22nd October 2009, 03:07 PM
I dont rage quit in multiplayer. The thing with me is, especially playing in over seas servers, is Ill get one or two non-laggy/ vista game then it sets in. I usually leave and either join another [local] server or just exit out of MP and play some SP. Kinda stinks and I apologize to anyone Ive affected by doing so.

Asayyeah
22nd October 2009, 04:59 PM
It must be very lonely at the top, sitting on that throne, all alone. :g
Splendid :clap

Darkdrium777
22nd October 2009, 05:59 PM
the Legendary DD777Probably not all that legendary anymore... :|
It's been too long since I've last played seriously.

mic-dk
22nd October 2009, 07:16 PM
All proper legends happened a long time ago, in a country far, far away :nod

Aeroracer
22nd October 2009, 07:23 PM
i have had many players quit in my races...but as their are many other players in the same race i wouldnt really no why they quit or who had angered them....generally i stick to racing and dont get personal with other players..If they are better than me i except it..well kinda...i just send them emails asking for tips to be as good as them..kinda like skill tax..:)

KIGO1987
22nd October 2009, 09:33 PM
Pirahpac already beats you at numerous occasion under one of his other accounts ! l

What are Pih's other accounts?

leungbok
22nd October 2009, 09:44 PM
Chiryu007 and Wormwoodmoridin ! :lol

I don't know if he wants to reveal that ! So ask him via arena or psn ;)

KIGO1987
22nd October 2009, 09:59 PM
Chiryu007 was a frenchie, Wormwoodmoridin was an Irishman.

I might send a PM to him over the PSN or at Arena, best thing to do, since as of today i have now discovered that there are bullshit artists here on wipeoutzone making up bullshit and spreading it to Archman and MrSmadSmartAlex :mad:

Not talking about you Leungbok im talking about Ace-Flo.

yeldar2097
22nd October 2009, 10:30 PM
Ok Leung you won't answer that which is fine by me :+

but do you happen to know how many he has??? I think I know 3-4 but I'm not sure....

I discovered him almost every time on Moa Therma --> "Who is this guy then? Ahhh He's ahead of me!!!!! oO :dizzy WTF? the shortcut BR??? 3x without respawn?!............hang on.....check trophies....ohhhhh, it's pirhapac :D"

/life story

Back on topic: Pirhapac doesn't rage-quit :+

Question for the other Rage-Haters - If you get a(n urgent) phonecall, which is best: Quit, pause or just leave it running? ...or get a handsfree kit hooked up just in case?

blackwiggle
22nd October 2009, 10:34 PM
Might as well use your Sony PS3 headset for that as you sure as hell won't be using it for wipeout.

I think one of Piraphaics aliases is Ace3cube or something similar .

Darkdrium777
22nd October 2009, 10:35 PM
:lol

That was perfectly timed blackwiggle :D

yeldar2097
22nd October 2009, 10:42 PM
No I don't think Ace3cube is him -he's been asking me (and others i think) for help etc....although i guess he could be fooling me :(

@bw's headset comment: brilliant. + rep :+

KIGO1987
22nd October 2009, 10:42 PM
Might as well use your Sony PS3 headset for that as you sure as hell won't be using it for wipeout.

I think one of Piraphaics aliases is Ace3cube or something similar .

Ive bought the Sony headset a few months ago now, IH8YOU suggested for me to buy one, have, used it, worked good, that was for 30seconds, until the stupid lame bandwidth caused it to cut out.

blackwiggle
22nd October 2009, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=yeldar2097;155182]No I don't think Ace3cube is him -he's been asking me (and others i think) for help etc....although i guess he could be fooling me :(

I was racing a few French players yesterday [ Ace3cube was one] and I could see by my friends alert that Piraphaic kept logging in & out, that's what made me think "what's he up to now"?

I'll have to look on my players met list from yesterday,but I'm sure it was Pira in a few of these races,maybe not Ace3cube.

Just like you can spot somebody by their gait ,most seasoned HD players can spot another known racer by the way they play, even if they are using a alias.

Plus the results were a very similar mixed bag to those that usually occur when racing against him.

Dag12c
9th November 2009, 08:42 AM
hahaha never rage quit.. i just start going round the track backwards collect some **** n start shooting :P

eLhabib
9th November 2009, 09:40 AM
oh yeah I'm sure people love you for that...

leungbok
9th November 2009, 10:33 AM
Lol, true El !

nipsen
9th November 2009, 01:07 PM
hahaha never rage quit.. i just start going round the track backwards collect some **** n start shooting :P
lol. I thought about just quitting once. A metropia reverse run, basic 8 player rapier race. Two people knew how to race that track, but they made a few mistakes, so I passed them (cleanly). Then one of them managed to boost up 2 seconds, and plant himself on my wing, and crash me stuck on the side. Whatever, just bad luck. So next lap, I pass them again. And once again - a two-three second lead, smack on the shield and into the side of the track. What the..? Not cool. Also was ahead of me on one lap, but registered a +4 second pass. So I blew him up. Five times. For three races until he quit. :/

ACE-FLO
9th November 2009, 02:56 PM

it's called "pulling a Haxorger" ... you aint him are you?

yeldar2097
9th November 2009, 07:07 PM

I'm not going to have a go at you but I will say that it is possibly the most irritating/hateful things that you could do during a race.
One of the best pilots around used to do this back when he first started. I still haven't forgiven him for it.
Rage quit > Racing backwards > Racing backwards whilst shooting > Parking in the middle of the track > parking in the middle of the track and shooting.

NX-01
9th November 2009, 07:17 PM
Rage quit once. I got slammed off Sol 2 twice, lap 1 & then lap 4 in the same spot, same player. He was on headset and laughed about it. :mad: I quit the race & took a moment to compose myself. I rejoin (I believe he was host) on Metropia (rev) and I was losing again (5 pl) he was 3rd & then I quaked him on the last lap just before the finish and he was eliminated & he finished last. Ohh!!!! That felt so good. :hyper: He then left the race babbling on his headset. :D

TorquedSoul
10th November 2009, 04:03 PM
I dont rage quit. I usually just unload a stream of profanity at my monitor. Lately most of that profanity has been directed at Vartazian.

BTW, Vartazian ... you dont always hit your target.

Vartazian
10th November 2009, 04:15 PM
BTW, Vartazian ... you dont always hit your target.

Shhhh! Dont let people know that! Or else they might make fun of me!

Elois Also told me he hasn't screamed at his TV in ages until he raced me. Thats a compliment from probably one of the best pilots ever...

He still beat me lots though.. *cries* :)

ACE-FLO
10th November 2009, 04:34 PM
erm... What is rage quitting? how is it different from quitting? and erm... why exactly do pilots quit races again? it's not like you can cheat in hd fury, like some did in Pulse now is it? Drivers of F1 cars don't quit coz they're pissed at the next guy, do they? ... i just don't get it!!

I'm a bloody noob at hd fury, had the game a week and haven't quit a race. though i've seen people quit my races, and i get that message up 'you are the last... please quit' nonsense...

I take it that rage quitters/quitters don't like to lose and only play ball when they feel confident of taking a win? am I wrong here? someone please enlighten me further, thank you in advance.

Vartazian
10th November 2009, 04:43 PM
A rage quitter is a pilot who Quits the moment they think hope is lost sometimes forcing you Leave since you are the last racer or they ar ethe only competition or are sore losers.

Rage quitters dont always leave either... Sometimes they park on the ttrack or turn around and blast you after you lap them.

Yeldar has a nice flow chart to describe rage quitters. ask him! :)

ACE-FLO
10th November 2009, 04:56 PM
Cheers Var, much appreciated buddy. I'm kinda chuffed that i've had pilots quit my races, a nice complement for now - but not once I learn this game adequately enough to not find it amusing anymore... ;)

SaturnReturn
10th November 2009, 05:50 PM
It might not be a compliment. It could just be frustration. Like this-->:mad:

If I ever rage quit (or sometimes just come to a halt on the track and let myself ghost until the next one) then there's about a 30% chance it was because lag was destroying me on the first lap every time; about a 50% chance that I got rammed off about 3 or 4 times in a row, and; about 20% chance that it was something else, in which case yeldar was to blame, by default. :lol If I just keep getting beaten because someone is doing better, I won't quit the game - at least not mid-race. But I might stop after a race and basically give up for the night if I just plain suck. Kind of a meh-quit.

On the other hand they might just quit because they really need to pee and are really struggling to hold it, like this -->:mad:

If I know anything about Vart's style of play, then Elois was probably just screaming at the woman to get her to stop shouting, "Bomb! Bomb! Bomb!" :P

ACE-FLO
10th November 2009, 06:08 PM
buggerz... there goes my confidence :D

SaturnReturn
10th November 2009, 06:31 PM
(You were probably only joking, but just in case)

Well, if you're doing well against them, then it doesn't matter if they quit or not, or why they quit etc. You're still doing well against them. You don't do well against people solely off the back of lag, ever. So don't be discouraged.

leungbok
10th November 2009, 06:38 PM
though i've seen people quit my races, and i get that message up 'you are the last... please quit' nonsense...
Lol, in a few weeks try to race again those guys, and i'm sure you'll make them "rage quitters" ! :lol And if you have a message like "cheater" = It's a win !! ;)
No possible cheats on HD !

MrSmadSmartAlex
10th November 2009, 06:51 PM
Shame on anybody who intentionally quits mid-race for any reason.:naughty
Why would somebody play online if they're scared of losing? It's pathetic, like a little kid's tantrum.:lol
To me, quitters are as low as cheaters. All who've quitted on me on Pulse have been added to my now extensive Quitters List (i.e. people I will never race again, and have no respect for). You should all start your own Lists for HD too.:lol

I'm also a little disappointed that SL left that feature in HD after Pulse, where if you're the last player in (due to quitters), you have to quit too, rather than finish the "race" for a win.

I think my record for Pulse is 4 quitters in one race btw.;)

kaori
11th November 2009, 01:14 AM
You should all start your own Lists for HD too.:lol

You're right, but I can't, because I'm not able to read nicknames on my 14" screen SD !

ACE-FLO
11th November 2009, 01:39 AM
@Leungbok, and SaturnReturn, thank you my friends, my confidence is back and i'm inspired to keep on, keeping on.

@ my close Pulser pal and a top notch geezer, known to us all as MrSmadSmartAlex, i'm missing you in online races, please get a PS3 and hd fury, i know you don't like it, I didn't either at first, too bouncy... but it really has grown fast on me, and i love it. You will too, I promise! Just think, loadsa online rooms, healthy competition, the Pulse tracks (which you own) and Pure tracks too, to boot, and a whole new world full of maniac pilots... You know it makes perfect sense! Leap already, :) oh and yes, you're perfectly pitched on the point about having a quitters list! in total agreement here!

SaturnReturn
11th November 2009, 09:09 PM
Shame on anybody who intentionally quits mid-race for any reason.:naughty
Why would somebody play online if they're scared of losing? It's pathetic, like a little kid's tantrum.:lol
To me, quitters are as low as cheaters. All who've quitted on me on Pulse have been added to my now extensive Quitters List (i.e. people I will never race again, and have no respect for). You should all start your own Lists for HD too.:lol

These are very strong words. As someone who has already confessed to 'rage quitting' in the past, I feel the need to defend myself and others. To start with, I think if you had this approach in HD then you wouldn't have many people left to race. I suspect the vast majority of people who play HD have quit at some point or other, for whatever reason, even if it's only once in a year. That's the kind of statistic I am talking about here as well, just to qualify/quantify it a bit. Does this really make me or them a horrible person worthy of being compared to cheaters; being called low, pathetic, or a little kid? I feel it's just a little too harsh.

I don't think someone who hasn't experienced the frustration of all manner of dodgy lag effects and glitches that HD has to offer (and the way they have largely only became more frequent over the last year) should really judge so harshly. Fine if that's how it works in Pulse, but this isn't Pulse. I've played Pulse online and it's nowhere near as bad as HD can be. I even played in Team Link with you guys once or twice. I was mostly there to try something new, lend support to a small but dedicated group and 'meet' new people. I lost a hell of a lot, but I still joined in. I knew full well that I was going to lose too, having barely played that game and not even knowing the names of the tracks. So I'm definitely not afraid to lose. Neither do I think I'm pathetic, and I certainly don't feel any shame for taking a timeout when the problems with the game escalate to a level where it's virtually impossible to play, especially when I know how much better things used to be.

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th November 2009, 10:52 PM
OK, maybe I did put it too harshly. I probably should have just said it's extremely unsporting and irritating for me. No, I don't think they're horrible people or anything - I just don't think that sort of stuff belongs online, which is what I meant by the cheaters comparison (I have no problem at all with people cheating on games offline, but think it's wrong to bring it online, including record tables).
I can understand your frustration if HD runs badly online (I've suffered many ridiculous online glitches on Pulse too;)), but try to understand my frustration after being quitted on over 500 times - seriously, that many times. I very very rarely get to finish a race online these days.
I guess my point is: it's only a minute or so to wait for somebody to finish a race, so IMO it's really not cool to force them to stop playing as well, when you could just leave when the race is over. It kind of takes all the fun out of playing online for me.
Anyway, sorry if I caused offence (it wasn't my intention). It's just something that bothers me (and would do in any form of competition, not just WO or other games), but perhaps I'm the only one bothered by it, so I'll keep it to myself (and my List) next time.:)

Koleax
11th November 2009, 11:01 PM
Cheaters should be banned. Do you really think a rage-quitter should be banned?

Edit: Just saw your new post.

SaturnReturn
11th November 2009, 11:03 PM
No problems. I can entirely understand the frustration when there are only two players and one quits. I do agree that it's very inconsiderate. It happened to me on HD the other night. I suppose in that situation with only two players then it becomes fairly obvious that it's not going to be horrendous lag that is the issue, as you rarely get massive problems in a 2 player online game. Even HD can handle things up to that point (just about ;)).
Anyway, please don't be discouraged from expressing your feelings on it just because I've also expressed mine. As I said, they were just very strong words applied quite broadly, in such a way as they applied to me and I suspect a fair few others. So I thought I'd defend my POV. That's all. No hard feelings? :)

P.S. There are those who do something that annoys me more actually. Those who actively attempt to ruin the race for others by blocking them, racing backwards, hiding and shooting at them etc. That is definitely the point where I think it just gets childish.

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th November 2009, 11:15 PM
Sure, no hard feelings mate(it is still only a game, no matter if it's occasionally frustrating).;)
Yeah, I was talking about when there's only you and them, and they quit, ending the race. I guess it doesn't really matter so much if it's a full room (rare in Pulse:lol), although I still don't exactly "approve" of it.

@Koleax - Do I think they deserve to be banned from the PSN? I guess no, not like a cheater does. But, like a cheater, I personally don't want to race them, because I don't want to start a race where the result is already determined (i.e. I lose or they quit).;)

Vartazian
12th November 2009, 12:51 AM
Rage Quitters are Just Below Cheaters on Vartazian's Official "Scum o Tron" Scale.

I hold pretty much no respect for any rage quitters, And those who do I often lose respect for Instantaneously. I know a Ex-Friend of mine rage Quitted all the time, I told him to grow a pair and actually race me even after he gets eliminated and he just laughed and Called me a noob. (Might I add this is after I beat him a good 10 times? He Rage quitted 4 of the races)

Not even Worthy to be called pilots in my opinion. quitting AFTER a race is finished is a different story... Mid race makes you a Pile of dirt beneath my shoe.

Koleax
12th November 2009, 03:06 AM
Do you think they should be banned, Vartazian?

I wonder if people who consider rage-quitters as bad as cheaters also think that college drop-outs are as bad as plagiarists.

Vartazian
12th November 2009, 05:52 AM
I dont think they should be banned. I just think they are scum.

Dark_Phantom_89
12th November 2009, 08:04 AM
I was so close to rage quitting the other night, but resisted. Race after race (around 5 in a row) I was rammed into walls and off of the track, hit with missile after quake after bomb after rocket after god knows what else. Needless to say I was angry and didn't finish above 5th

leungbok
12th November 2009, 08:37 AM
Rage Quitters are Just Below Cheaters on Vartazian's Official "Scum o Tron" Scale.
Oh really ? And you never rage quit yourself ? ;)

Vartazian
12th November 2009, 08:45 AM
I actually Never Rage Quit. NEVER. I have more integrity then that. when I first started maybe once or twice. But now I finish the race regardless. I freaking HATE my disconnects from my crappy internet. People call it rage quitting and that bugs me to no end.

Infact I respect faster pilots then me since they give me a good challenge. I love getting slapped around by Yeldar or Elois.

skuddington
12th November 2009, 10:28 AM
I hate rage quitters, only because they are so widespread, that when i have to quit a race for a legitimate reason, i get accused of rage quitting. i generally try and explain why i had to quit when people do this, but i cant complete every race i play, and as a result of this, some people are gonna write me off as some sort of cretin. At the end of the day, theres nothing you can do about it, so you just have to put up with rage quitters, and accept the fact that occasionally, someone else is gonna accuse you of it.

leungbok
12th November 2009, 11:09 AM
Infact I respect faster pilots then me since they give me a good challenge

And the other pilots, you don't ?

NX-01
12th November 2009, 03:52 PM
I freaking HATE my disconnects from my crappy internet. People call it rage quitting and that bugs me to no end.

Vartazian, I truly understand your view on bad/intermittent internet connection. I was in a few races with you last night and when I see online ranking of 50 or higher I get intimidated and think I can't hang with these guys. (It's true) I say "What the hell, I might learn something new" but, when your connection handicaps you from the start, it really manifest into all around rage and ya throw the @#$@%& controller and go get another cool one. :beer I feel ya pain. :+

SaturnReturn
12th November 2009, 05:56 PM
@Vartazian - Some qualification of these statements would be good. You refer to a 'rage quitter' as if it's a specific type of person. Is a 'rage-quitter' someone who does this often? Is it anyone who has ever done it ever? Is it someone who does it because they lose? etc.

As a further general point. Sometimes you have to quit a game because the host restarts too quickly. A person could easily be all annoyed and find that they can't quit from the menu because the host keeps restarting the race as soon as they get back to the lobby. It happens. Not often, but it happens.

Vartazian
12th November 2009, 06:35 PM
And the other pilots, you don't ?

@Leung Your Jumping to Conclusions. I never said that. I respect the new pilots as well. infact many of my friends are indeed slower then me. and they are the ones I have the most fun with because its fun.

@Saturn - When I say "In a Race" I mean usually after the first 10 seconds of a race (If the person leaves the line) because during that 10 seconds ramming happens People get shot off the line, bombs, etc. Thats rage quitting. People leaving because of a crap host is completely different. I dont hold anything against people who leave right away because of a quick host change. but when its clearly because they arent performing well then I start to think they aren't worth my time.

As for the whole "First time" thing, Ill cut a little slack. But as in my story with the fast racer that indeed rage quits whenever he gets eliminated or when Im over 5 seconds ahead.He is indeed a Scumbag.

@NX01 - Yes it is very annoying when the connection explodes and other racers call you out on it. I was in a race with another person (As much as I want to say his name and call him out - I wont.) and it was the 5th Lap of Amph Rev. I had a Turbo Loaded and was about 3 seconds ahead of this guy right before the short cut - Boom, "The Network Cable isnt connected" so just to let the guy know I didnt quit intentionally I sent the message "Argh F***ing internet! :(" I get the message back saying "lolololol you quit, Noob" Needless to say the exchange after that was not one of my high moments. But the thing was, Why would I quit if I was winning?

yeldar2097
12th November 2009, 08:09 PM
I love getting slapped around by Yeldar or Elois.

I don't recall ever slapping you - it's usually you trying to slap me as much as possible whilst i'm trying to drift around the track peacefully (either in front of or behind you) ;)

eLhabib
12th November 2009, 11:10 PM
:+ classy, Yeldar!

il_mago_di_Doz
12th November 2009, 11:23 PM
I just wanted to say one thing.... many Internet connections sucks (at least here in Italy :-), plus, wohd often freezes, plus, it happens that someone has to go away in real life... suddenly. I never rage-quit, and I think that most of the people that do disconnet have their reasons. To every awesome pilot in this forum: don't be so egocentric to think that everyone is rage-quitting because of you :D. Sometimes it happens, other it doesn't :D

Vartazian
12th November 2009, 11:41 PM
I realize now that it was indeed pirahpac who called me the noob for having my net die while I was beating him on Amph....

of course it all makes sense now. He will take any reason he can claim a win over me... Thats a compliment in itself! :D

erich123
13th November 2009, 03:05 PM
You are the reason to my rage:mad:
Just noticed you beaten my time at metropia,singelrace:+.
A hard time to beat:eek.
But l'll do my best to take 1 place back.
Maybe we meet out there some day on metropia:D
Have a great weekend pilot:+

SaturnReturn
13th November 2009, 06:03 PM
I realize now that it was indeed pirahpac who called me the noob for having my net die while I was beating him on Amph....

of course it all makes sense now. He will take any reason he can claim a win over me... Thats a compliment in itself! :D

In high society 'tis considered bad form to besmirch a man's name when he has not the ability to defend his self, either by virtue of absence or misfortune.

I'm just sayin' blud, mans better know his side ov da story would be 'nuff different, innit!

Which one of those suits me better? I can't decide.:lol

Vartazian
13th November 2009, 06:49 PM
Talking to him on WOA is impossible. No point trying to talk to him. I'll let
him make a fool of himself on my YouTube profile though :)

SaturnReturn
13th November 2009, 06:53 PM
It's slightly more possible than talking to him here though, as was my point.;)

I'm just saying, I know he feels his side of the story is different and he can't present that here, whereas everyone can see your side here, which is why it would be considered bad form bringing it up. It's not a forum thing, but more of a life thing.

Lance
13th November 2009, 06:57 PM
On some forums, there's a rule against it, as there is on another forum I participate in.

leungbok
13th November 2009, 08:36 PM
I realize now that it was indeed pirahpac who called me the noob for having my net die while I was beating him on Amph...

He called you noob first ? It's disappointing from him ! :(

Koleax
14th November 2009, 05:32 AM
I like slapping yeldar around. ;)