PDA

View Full Version : Name your own Wipeout tracks!

MetaKraken
19th October 2009, 11:03 PM
You know, if there is another Wiepout game, they should add new tracks that are never seen in all other Wipeout series, so let us name out own tracks with its own locations and descriptions!

Kyonshi
20th October 2009, 02:04 AM
Vesta Field

A space track built into a giant tubular structure, hermetically sealed to simulate gravity, orbiting over the giant asteroid Vesta. Its located in the asteroid belt, between Mars and Jupiter.

Another asteroid entered collision with Vesta and produced a huge crater. The track would pass into the depths of the crater, which is 460km wide. Then, after cruising in the desolated canyon, the track would soar vertically into Vesta's orbit, through the asteroid field the impact created, twisting in loopings and unforgiving chicanes. Hi-energetic repulsers are built to push away incoming chunks of rock too close to the track, and you'd see some of those in action while racing. Vesta is very bright, and is as large as Arizona.

Super Collider

Part of this ultra-fast track is built into the now obsolete Large Hadron Collider. The track banks sideways (like Moa Therma) to enter the Collider in a straight course, where 80% of the surface is spreaded with Speed Pads. Useless to say its a powerful acceleration area, where pilots are fighting against each other at the same speed than Zen Zone. Then the track evacuates the Collider for normal cruise speed, to a more demanding part for navigation. The scenery is composed of green fields and valleys and mountainous landscape in the Alps.

El Morro Drive

Havana is now free from US economic embargo since a long time. The city developed and improved so much with the new funds filling the treasury than the city officials decided to build a track for the upcoming FX-500 series.

The track have everything to please locals as well as tourists. It flies through famous locations and points of interest, starting beside the El Morro Forteress at the tip of Havana Bay, goes through the industrial port area, then over the Old Havana to finally pass in front of the modern part and El Malecón Avenue, which runs beside the seawall built along the northern shore of Havana and where spectators gather to witness the most intense battle for finish line. This portion is suspended over the Carribean Sea, shining under the mid-day sun. FX-500 officials already classify El Morro Drive as being the most beautifully constructed track since Vineta K and Übermall.

El Morro Drive is considered to be an easy track, accentuated toward high-speed battles through a mildly difficult course.

Darkdrium777
20th October 2009, 02:22 AM
The LHC track just flashed Kinetica (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09H2RiY78mw&hl=fr) in my mind with the huge speed boost strips, the constant rumble in the controller, the incredible speed, and everything that goes with it.
I would like to see that.

I had some ideas in the past of new tracks but can't remember any. :( I'll be sure to post them when/if I do.

DawnFireDragoon
20th October 2009, 03:00 AM
Aurora Dive

a winding track that builds up to a massive drop, almost completely vertical, beside a huge waterfall, perhaps niagra falls....or maybe a more rainforesty type one. kinda like Valparaiso, with the Altima VII drop, but much longer, more intense, with that amazing waterfall imagery beside you/surrounding you....then after the bottom and a huge banked hairpin, you climb back up through various turns, rocks and vegetation.

and a night version of that track....lit up beautifully with track lighting (see the real world night time singapore formula one race) unique lighting in the waterfall or lights shining on the water, with an aurora overhead in the night sky too. but tasteful lighting, not too bright shiny neony stuff.

i think in the next game rather than forwad and reverse, it should be day / night, something new for the series and potentially amazing.

Koleax
20th October 2009, 03:52 AM
Super Collider

Part of this ultra-fast track is built into the now obsolete Large Hadron Collider. ... The scenery is composed of green fields and valleys and mountainous landscape in the Alps
I was just thinking a couple days ago that I hope to never see an oval track in a Wipeout game, but that sounds like a really cool idea! Except, the LHC is underground, quite narrow for an AG ship, and about six times as long as a typical HD track. Perhaps the track could be above ground part of the way and go underground into the collider for a section, where it'd be dark, tight, fast, and very dangerous.

It also makes me think about what kind of technology they would have, given the LHC's obsolescence. I mean with anti-gravity technology you're probably not far away from opening a wormhole or warping space and time in some other way. Some current tracks split into two paths at some point and rejoin later, mainly Corridon 12 but also AP and Ubermall. Maybe this could be achieved in future tracks with a sort of interdimensional element, perhaps with a pickup or hitting a unique pad like the ones on the moon in Fusion. Instead of turning or jumping on to another track conventionally, you would go through a portal in spacetime and suddenly be in a very different locale. The changes could be quite dramatic, like going from a winter setting to a summer one and back. Maybe you could actually combine previous tracks in creative ways. Sebenco to Vineta K would be so crazy. Maybe the construction of the track wouldn't even have to be different, just the year or season.

I'm having idea overload. I'm especially thinking about Zone mode and how passing through a portal might look. Too much... sensation!

Kyonshi
20th October 2009, 05:04 PM
@Koleax

If you read again my description of Super Collider track, i'm mentioning its only a part of the track that goes into the LHC :) It would precisely drop down for the complete distance between the surface to the LHC part underground. Sections of it are actually large enough to fit 3 AG ships side to side. Maybe my knowledge of the LHC is erroneous, but that's what i've seen from it on the web. Here's a picture that illustrate what i'm talking about.

As for the usage of the LHC in 23rd century, i'd say this technology would still be in use, but not on Earth. Maybe new super colliders would be built in outer-space instead, to save space and prevent any major cataclyms produced my misfunction.

Darkdrium777
20th October 2009, 05:32 PM
Actually only one ship would fit in there. They really are that big.
I forget the exact dimensions, but they're close to 20 meters long by almost ten wide I think.

mdhay
20th October 2009, 05:56 PM
Stratus 4.:g

MetaKraken
20th October 2009, 08:23 PM
Volcannus

In an isolated island, with volcanic activities.

Makana is back once again, with a fiery scenery awaiting elite pilots to tackle the volcanic island. As racers venture through an actively volcanic track, they will discover the core of Volcannus with dangerous lava cascades underneath it and exiting the deadly volcano will encounter streams of lava venturing throughout the jungle and back in paradise. The heat is always on.

Koleax
20th October 2009, 09:41 PM
If you read again my description of Super Collider track, i'm mentioning its only a part of the track that goes into the LHC :)
Oh you're right, sorry. Something about the word "evacuate" tripped me up. Not part of my vocabulary. :)

As for the usage of the LHC in 23rd century, i'd say this technology would still be in use, but not on Earth. Maybe new super colliders would be built in outer-space instead, to save space and prevent any major cataclyms produced my misfunction.
Definitely in space, if only because they'd be so ridiculously huge. I don't remember exactly but the kind Michio Kaku talks about that would have the capability to create wormholes would be larger than planetary scale. That's assuming his superstring theory is right, which it may not be after all.

The plasma bolt in HD already has a warping wormhole-like effect. When I first played it I kept expecting to be crushed or even transported by the collapsing bubble. It would be interesting to have a weapon that would suddenly send a player to an alternate course, forcing them to negotiate new turns unexpectedly.

blackwiggle
23rd October 2009, 12:15 AM
KOLEAX

There has been a oval tracks in wipeout.

They were originally only on the Japanese version of the first wipeout,it then got put in as a unlockable prototype tracks in the PAL version Wipeout 3 SE.

They are called LS105/qp02 and LS106/qp73 and are the only prototype tracks fully rendered ,they also have their own craft [only available on these tracks,all stats at 10] that you could probably consider prototypes of what have become zone craft.

A very short video LV105/gp01 which runs anti clockwise,I think this might of been from the original Japanese version hence the different track name.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWKj6ot6lik

MetaKraken
23rd October 2009, 12:45 AM
Here are two more tracks of my own:

Paladus Subway:

Skycraper buldings, filled with numerous civilian ships driving through and animated billboards attached to buildings, ranging from FEISAR to Icaras (including Tigron and Van-Uber), plus featuring a run-down deccomissioned subway that are filled with wrecked train tracks (but has animated billboards below)

Setting palce in the FX350 racing comes Paladus Subway, the name right after the subway was permanently condemned and decommisioned filled with wrecked trains and cracked walls. However, right after exiting a large abandoned subway, leads into a luxurious futuristic city of New York, filled with large buildings and all animated billboards from different FX racing team. This track has a lot of speed with few, but treacherous corners, and that is where the FX racing expers step in.

Berradus G

Welcome to MIRAGE's latest track, Berradus G. Taking place in a city of Dubai, comes with many surprises; rotating apartment buildings, amusement parks, elegant buildings, and its own MIRAGE HQ. With lots of straight curves, including twistable curves and loop-de-loops. MIRAGE's latest track has received overwhelmingly positive reviews for major twist and turns, giving the FX racing pilot to race around everyday.

F.E.I.S.A.R
6th November 2009, 01:23 AM
I happen to have some ideas.
Marina Bay Street Circuit
Yes,this IS the same track from the same country(Singapore!)that hosted the First ever Formula One Night Race,but with weapon pads!
Background Story:
Year 2200.With the obseletisation of Formula One and other racing sports,and the rising popularity of AG-Racing, the Singapore government decided to make history again,by Fixing weapon and speed pads onto normal roads!(Since Singapore is not so advanced,I'll just say that normal roads still exist)

Thomson Road Grand Prix Circuit
Same as above,but this circuit is in a (kinda) dense forest.
Background Story:
Following the modification of the Marina Bay Street Circuit, the Government decided to also modify the old circuit.After a 227 year gap in history(last GP held in 1973),the circuit,known for its treacherous turns,will be a race venue again!This is the Home Circuit of Team Singa

The government also decided to form an AG-Racing Team named Team Singa(a mascot of courtesy in singapore).Yes,the nation that has "always" been an unknown quantity need not rely on Harimau(Malaysia,neighbouring country) anymore!
Stats I may post on Imagine a new WipEout team.... thread,with another non-related,but still SGP's(Singapore's) team from an Alternate Reality(details on Imagine a new WipEout team.... thread)

MetaKraken
23rd November 2009, 05:02 PM
Can't be Wipeout with a little post-apocalyptic tracks, right?

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd November 2009, 07:18 PM
Name: Pandemonium

1) This track starts with a small straight which leads into a mag-strip narrow left-right-left-right-left chicane followed by a widened straight which is covered in speed and weapon pads.

2) After that, it's a big drop (Barrel Roll is advised) which instantly leads into a u-turn (like in Modesto Heights.)

3) The next section of the track is an uphill struggle with more speed and weapon pads which leads into a very narrow passageway (think Anulpha Pass bridge narrow.)

4) Straight after that, there's a gap (another BR opportunity) which splits the track in two. Think of the split as a really overstretched oval-like shape which then leads into a sharp left/right turn (depending on which route you took.)

5) Next it's a rather sharp right-hander which leads onto another bridge (this one is much wider.)

6) The track is straight for a while before ending in a sharp left turn and back to the start line.

I appreciate that this description is a little vague, so I drew a up a quick track layout in Paint. The drawing isn't great as I did it in 5 minutes, but I hope you get an understanding of the track plan from it.

siriusbee
24th November 2009, 11:47 AM
Excitebike 2097 (that's my suggestion for the name of the track)

Xpand
16th July 2010, 05:00 PM
Well, here's mine:
Atlantica:
Situated in the shores of Portugal and orientated from east to west (Ag ships start the race facing east), it's the home track for the Protonic racing team.
Finishing date: 2175
Lenght: N/A

Special Characterisics:

Hawk's Leap: A small jump that goes over the Charon tunnel.
Charon Tunnel: The longest of two tunnels on the track. It leads to the Phoenix Jump.
Phoenix Jump: A large jump over a section of the race track that is situated on the southeast of the track.
Neptune Split: A two-way split on the track right after phoenix jump that will lead to the Hydrus resort hotel and bypasses the Neptune Boulder.
Hydrus Turn: A suspended curve over a cliff that passes in front of Hydrus resort hotel.
Gemini Bridge: A section of the track that is suspended over the starting grid.

Track design:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=203&pictureid=2302
Track colors:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=203&pictureid=2303

Kyonshi
16th July 2010, 09:01 PM
Can't be Wipeout with a little post-apocalyptic tracks, right?

I remember Spilskinanke taking place in what would be California, after the area suffered a huge catastrophic earthquake that heavily shifted the land, giving birth to the split track that is Spilskinanke.

At least that's a start! :D I also would like to see a post-apocalyptic track, set in urban area.

MetaKraken
18th August 2010, 02:34 AM
Just wanted to remember this thread of mine a thing to remember :):

Motus EX:

After a 13.5 magnitude of earthquake rumbled through Haiti, it has caused catastrophic damages, with collapsed buildings, streets ripped open by rifts, flash floods streaming down the roads, you name it. But to the FX racing teams, it's all about the thrill of excitement, not just the races. The FX350 tackles the nearly destroyed city, with many hidden dangers that lies in wait for the unsuspecting racers.

RiPPeRZz
1st September 2010, 06:09 PM
It would be awesome if they did a track around planets (as mentioned in this thread) :D! They really do need to add more tracks though, almost every track in WipEout HD and Fury are recycled from previous games :(

nexekho
1st September 2010, 06:23 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/296j7th.png

Who wants a go at naming this track and/or making a story behind it? It's going to be the example circuit included with my project.

You start on the top after the split and facing the banked curve. The slight weave gives you a bit of momentum to go around the bank, then it's under the starting point through a section of high-tech greenhouse like a tunnel of fishtanks full of plants. Then, over a small jump. A split, three-ways. The middle way is the hardest but the shortest, going for a half-loop then a twist that doesn't leave much time to prepare for the dual split. The left and right weave around and line you up better for the dual split, though these paths are longer.

SaturnReturn
1st September 2010, 06:24 PM
@RiPPeRZz : Almost? Which ones aren't?

EDIT: I found an answer for myself. Although there aren't really any new tracks, the reverse versions of the Pure tracks wouldn't previously have been playable. So in some ways they are new, but at the same time not really.;)

jesse9705
15th September 2010, 06:57 AM
Here are my current circuts i made

Panthara turns
This track is very primitive made from only rock and the magney laser tech which keeps them from certain doom from falling off track when they do the laser automaticly tethers the ship and lifts them back on track
you can see the track at this link here:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs606.snc4/58621_114605065263098_100001408159731_117253_21056 00_n.jpg

Blue speedway
This track has the latest tech so upon falling off you will be teleported back on track so just hope it dont fail this track is very hard to survive in terms of quakes get hit and your off
you can see the track at this link here:http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs345.ash2/62577_114606725262932_100001408159731_117289_81470 33_n.jpg

i made these tracks using paint if you want to know its not easy takes 2 days per track so ive worked on both daily finished them today
do not post the files on the forum for these pics they take up to much data
anyone interested in making a big track with me i can do some of the graphics and main image frame design
well thats all