PDA

View Full Version : Farking rescue ships

Slacker
15th October 2009, 09:22 PM
I have raced Spilskinanke for the twentieth time and I still haven't managed to get better than a bronze. And it's the farking rescue ship's fault. Put one toe outside the track and you're instantly Wuss Wagon'd. I can't count how many times I've entered the stepped section of the course after the pit lane, tried to cut on the inside, and get snatched up, costing me 4 seconds each time and blowing almost all of my races. So I have one question: Can you hit the wuss wagon with a plasma bolt?

Task
15th October 2009, 10:24 PM
8 D

No.

Asayyeah
16th October 2009, 08:19 AM
Lmao ! what a great idea you have :D
if you get in trouble with Spil here's a pretty bad quality video but good racing lines through that difficult track : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQC5O0s7ZPw

AG-wolf
16th October 2009, 04:16 PM
practice practice practice.

the track boundaries in mid-air are finicky- you have to kind of get a feel for where they are in their invisible space, and eventually you'll know how much you can cut the corner. Wait til the first part of that broken track makes you stop dead even though you didn't hit a thing, htat's great :D

Slacker
16th October 2009, 05:08 PM
Well, I beat it, no thanks to the darn rescue ships, and now I get to do it all over again in challenge II...

Thanks for the help, I've already beaten the game though. I've got H1N1, so I have nothing to do but sit at home and play WipEout.:D I'm currently trying to see if I can beat XL in one day.

I've managed to hit one of the wuss wagons hovering in the air on Phenitia Park.

Slacker
29th October 2009, 11:23 PM
Alright, I belive I have the hang of Spilskinanke, what with my Pirhana + Phantom class arcade lap time record of...

31.80 seconds!

How do I post a record on the tables? Do I have to beat the current top time (like I'll be able to do that) in order to get my time submitted?

Task
30th October 2009, 01:15 AM
You want to enter some times in the tables?
Good man!
Okay, first step is to go to the main site.
Click on "My WipeoutZone" (top-right corner), either log in or go to the Join WipeoutZone page. Note that this log-in has nothing to do with your forum account here, it's completely seperate.
Once you've logged in you'll be at the "My Records" page, from there you select the version you're entering times for and you get with the manual entry!

You might want to have a look at the relevant records page first, get familiar with the way it appears. There's a lot of details in those pages if you're really looking. The mousover text, the full names, the formatted times.

Register correctly, enter good times, and then you can see your name in lights! Or at least on the record tables. You know, it's pretty cool. Well, some of us think so. 8 )

Slacker
12th November 2009, 11:51 PM
Posted! 10th on the Spil tables, and just set a 33.6 on Vostok, so that puts me at 7th on Vostok.

Not bad for a D-Pad user, eh?

Task
13th November 2009, 03:25 AM
Definitely a good start!
You should try chasing after George Matthews' times. He's a solid d-padder as well IIRC. He's hella fast, I had a heck of a time catching him on W3O.

Slacker
16th November 2009, 07:56 PM
Odd. I can't access the tables. I can view my own records, but whenever I try to view the actual table it pops up the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I tried accessing it on other computers and got the same results. I think the tables might be down, could you check them yourself to see if it's only me?

Edit: It's the database problem, isn't it?

SaturnReturn
16th November 2009, 08:20 PM
I think so. Asayyeah reported it also in this thread. I expect it will be fixed soon enough.:)

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=158363#post158363

Slacker
19th November 2009, 11:47 PM
They're up and running, good thing too, I just now set a time of 32.7 on Vostok. Hmm. George Matthews? He's gonna take a while to beat.:P