PDA

View Full Version : My ps3 says im ProblemSolver

OBH
13th October 2009, 01:23 PM
:blarg:blarg:blarg
Very strange problem i have here!! Been happening a while now, but in lobbies as well as in races it says on my screen that im ProblemSovler! :eek

Dont understand it at all, thought it was just my screen till KBG said he thought it was him!!

Anyone have this problem, or something similar? Dont understand it at all, PS isnt even on my friends list.

djKyoto
13th October 2009, 01:27 PM
Secret Indentity!

OBH
13th October 2009, 01:32 PM
Im waiting for when it says theres 2 ProblemSolvers ina single race :) Flying 2 ships, 1 controler per hand :g

mic-dk
13th October 2009, 01:35 PM
Oh man. Haven't we seen this before? As a prelude to accounts not being able to connect anymore?

Darkdrium777
13th October 2009, 01:36 PM
No...

But it is still weird... :eek

KIGO1987
13th October 2009, 01:41 PM
I guess thats what happens to your PS3 Haydn when you upset some Jewish people over the PSN.

OBH
13th October 2009, 01:42 PM
I uppsetted no one! :) ive told you this! Leave me alone!! :g:g:g

KIGO1987
13th October 2009, 01:49 PM
Leave me alone! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc&feature=PlayList&p=A2C58CDFF32FA25C&index=0&playnext=1)

mic-dk
13th October 2009, 01:54 PM
@DD777 - are you sure?

I seem to remember random overtakings of someone elses PSN ID in the the game and the poor man was locked out thereafter. 'User already logged in' or something.

But if ProblemSolver can log on, then it's something new :)

Darkdrium777
13th October 2009, 02:41 PM
No I'm not sure, I don't remember anyone mentioning as such though.
If it's that particular problem returning again, IMO WipEout HD doesn't deserve our attention any longer. Enough with the bugs already. :|

ProblemSolver
13th October 2009, 02:46 PM
lol

Got a PN from KIGO about why I've changed my national flag, yesterday.
Well, I didn't. Perhaps I should charge SL for distributing my name around. xD

leungbok
13th October 2009, 03:08 PM
I remember 2 kanar in an avalon event :eek

Lance
13th October 2009, 03:11 PM
For creating Avalon, Kanar desErves two selves online. :)

mic-dk
13th October 2009, 03:12 PM
All your ProblemSolver are belong to us...
(well, somebody had to :) )

I'm 99% sure I have seen this in the early days of HD. On 2-3 occasions my on-screen name would change to someone more or less random, but I cannot find the relevant posts to back my claim. I'll keep searching.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6145
(allthough then, the names were correct in the lobby)

leungbok
13th October 2009, 03:13 PM
Sure, Lance ! ^^

Darkdrium777
13th October 2009, 03:58 PM
Found itCorrect, although it didn't say if it was related to the locked out accounts problem... Let's hope it isn't.
Or I might crack my skull from facepalming so hard. >.<

Seriously that stuff is supposed to be fixed, I really don't want it to come back again. It's pretty much the cherry on the cake if it does.

IH8YOU
13th October 2009, 04:35 PM
Obh did you and PS both return defective ps3s for repair? Next - have eithef one of you gameshared?

lunar
13th October 2009, 04:47 PM
Good ideas and there could be an explanation on the user side, but the chances seem remote. I think it`s particularly strange or coincidental that two WZ members confuse identities.... A conspiracy theory, but maybe some behind the scenes work by SL. Weird stuff, I wonder if PS has become something like Connavar`s "bot" ;) Or of course it could also be a fault in the Matrix.....

IH8YOU
13th October 2009, 04:55 PM
Well OBH my thought was if you and PS both returned a defective PS3 odds arent out of realm that you two exchanged PS3s. They dont return YOUR ps 99% of the time but exchange for a rebuilt unit. Your data was wiped out, but the hsrdware MAC address snd serial # likely remained intact. WOHD servers remember 'Your MAC address' and think PS is OBH. Could be all the brain damage speski g here, so dont trust me on this. PS dont you have a launvh 60gb - ? Most all of those are dropping dead, u exchsnge it yet? OBH i seem to remember u having a problem too, didnt u?

KIGO1987
13th October 2009, 05:23 PM
I remember 2 kanar in an avalon event :eek

I remember that well there was two of me in that room, and i had no idea what you guys where talking about.

KGB
13th October 2009, 05:59 PM
lol

Got a PN from KIGO about why I've changed my national flag, yesterday.
Well, I didn't. Perhaps I should charge SL for distributing my name around. xD

I think that was me PS, not KIGO unless ........ WTF! Nooooooo

Yesterday the same person was hosting two different rooms which I hadn't seen before.

KIGO1987
13th October 2009, 06:33 PM
I dont remember messaging PS anytime recently,

Some other bastard out there must of stole my ID Tag, someone is going to die.

OBH
13th October 2009, 06:39 PM
Chances that i have PS's old ps3 is slim to none. Though any other rational explanation eludes me.

Might frop a post on the official ps3 forums to see whats what, then again i probably wont be bothered :)

jimsin
14th October 2009, 12:44 AM
I have a theory that in setting such absurdly impossible Zone times, Problem Solver has somehow ripped apart the fabric of space and time - pretty soon everybody will be Problem Solver ... it'll be like Being John Malkovich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur3CQE8xB3c) but faster!

blackwiggle
14th October 2009, 01:59 AM
This problem has happened before .

I think the way we fixed it with NZ-Lion coming up as KIGO was to just have another race with them both in the room.

I've seen host names on the board and they haven't been in the race ,and it's stayed like that for a while,it eventually goes back to normal.

But by the same token this sort of occurrence was the precursor of the previous problem some had with not being able to use their original PSNID's with HD.

There is scheduled PSN maintenance on 14th for 4 hours so it might be fixed next time you log in.

KGB
14th October 2009, 08:47 AM
...... pretty soon everybody will be Problem Solver ... it'll be like Being John Malkovich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur3CQE8xB3c) but faster!

Or Spartacus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8h_v_our_Q&feature=related) with less Crucifixion.

afatsuoM
14th October 2009, 09:01 AM
Hey PS, wouldn't it be cool if you could charge people to "be you" for a day? Maybe 10 euro's per person per day. I would pay for it if the Zone skills were included. :+ :D

KIGO1987
14th October 2009, 09:30 AM
I wonder how much my tag would go for, probably alot, wondering what they'll use it for is something else.

blackwiggle
14th October 2009, 10:51 AM
Maybe if DR PHIL's Tourettes Syndrome online class needed an alias via logged on through a PS3.

Sorry I couldn't help it.:P

ProblemSolver
14th October 2009, 06:42 PM
@KGB1971: True. :)

... Your data was wiped out, but the hsrdware MAC address snd serial # likely remained intact. WOHD servers remember 'Your MAC address' ...
I don't think so. They may perhaps tinker around with your IP address, like
they did with version < 2.0, i.e. it wasn't possible to play online with two
PS3s using the same IP. But now it's possible, though a LAN feature would
be cool.

@afatsuoM: xD

Darkdrium777
14th October 2009, 09:20 PM
ProblemSolver is now CausingProblems :g

I just hope this doesn't spread, or else we'll be all confused about who is racing who. :?

"Oh hey look, eLhabib is hosting a game.
*Race ends*
-MOTHER****ING CHEATER GTFO OF MY GAME YOU NOOB
-Nope, turns out it's WormwoodMoridin in disguise :lol"

KIGO1987
14th October 2009, 09:26 PM
I should start something with that Irishman WormwoodMoridin on the Jap account that i created yesterday, call him a cheatshithead and i hope that he eats bullshit:turd:banzai, lol,

I hope there are no other Kigo's out there.:P

Aeroracer
15th October 2009, 12:30 AM
only wierd crap i see online is my ships i set my race records in have changed since leaderboard fix..it says i fly triakis on one track egx on another..never used them...weirrrrdd stuff..:eek

Darkdrium777
15th October 2009, 12:46 AM
Hey isn't the fact that the master server isn't in the best shape the possible cause of this problem?

Aeroracer
15th October 2009, 12:52 AM
probally...but at least my times are updated so i am happy:)

OBH
16th October 2009, 10:06 AM
ProblemSolver is now CausingProblems :g

Shame we dont have signatures here, that lines a classic :g

Connavar
16th October 2009, 10:32 AM
ProblemCreator :)

ProblemSolver
16th October 2009, 12:43 PM
ProblemSolver is now CausingProblems ...
Which keeps me in business. :g

OBH
16th October 2009, 05:09 PM
To truley live up to your name i expect you to solve my problem :)

jimsin
18th October 2009, 03:24 PM
@KGB - "I'm Problem Solver!" lol, tres amusant!

ProblemSolver
18th October 2009, 05:41 PM
@KGB - "I'm Problem Solver!" lol, tres amusant!
Was this the line in the text chat the day it happend? xD

Spece2goin
23rd October 2009, 11:19 PM
ProblemSoIver
ProblemSolver

i don't know what it does with the game font...

ProblemSolver
24th October 2009, 01:44 AM
What you mean?

Darkdrium777
24th October 2009, 01:56 AM
If someone was attempting to impersonate you by using a capital i instead of a lowercase L.
I doubt this is the case though.

ProblemSolver
24th October 2009, 02:37 AM
Interesting.

In general, is it allowed (by Sony, TOS) to register a similar name like this? Well, it might
be possible but what if someone starts to abuse it? I think this has happend before. How
does Sony handle such a situation?