PDA

View Full Version : Someone please fix the CHAT PROBLEM!!!

Ronibhoy
13th October 2009, 02:32 AM
Its impossible to hear what my friends or anyone is saying and they cant make out what am saying either because of the laggy crackly muffled speech. Please sort it out cos its been over a year you lazy people:mad:

Lance
13th October 2009, 03:10 AM
Antagonising the people you want something from generally doesn't get you what you want.

Ronibhoy
13th October 2009, 03:21 AM
not antagonising m8. soz. just v frustrating trying to communicate with people. its nearly impossible. Can it b fixed ? thx for replying anyway:P

IH8YOU
13th October 2009, 03:24 AM
i --- I I I I d d Do on on on on t n n n n n n eeeee pro bbblem ww wwith v vvv voice cchat.

Wwwh at at a r r r rr e you on n n n ab bb bout? :g

Darkdrium777
13th October 2009, 03:26 AM
Antagonising the people you want something from generally doesn't get you what you want.Seriously?
What has "asking nicely" for the past year got us?

Past events don't matter much again do they, let alone the fact that it's been one full year minus a few days that the voice chat not working was a known issue.

Lance
13th October 2009, 03:26 AM
Calling the developers lazy when in fact they work their asses off is most definitely antagonising.

So are you professional game developers who know everything about it, how it works, who's skiving off, who's actually doing anything, what it really takes to do it, has time to do it, etc.? I'm guessing you're not. Asking nicely? lol

ProblemSolver
13th October 2009, 03:27 AM
@Ronibhoy: Someone? xD Well man, there are a lot of problems around WipEout HD.
We're quite happy that SL has finally fixed the leaderboard. The chat problem is known
quite well and for a very long time over here, but dunno if SL is going to fix that anytime
soon. I don't think so coz there are some bugs in the game who are even worser than
the chat problem, i.e. the game freezes on some occasions esp. while playing online.
My take on the chat is; make it functional or remove it altogether.

PS: Nice introduction. rofl Welcome on board!

Edit: @IH8YOU: lol Pretty close. xD

Ronibhoy
13th October 2009, 03:28 AM
i --- I I I I d d Do on on on on t n n n n n n eeeee pro bbblem ww wwith v vvv voice cchat.

Wwwh at at a r r r rr e you on n n n ab bb bout? :g

lol thats exactly wot its like. Heeellllpppp mmmmEEE

ProblemSolver: Thanks man. I dont mind freezin once a nite but it would b good to laugh n talk during a race like every other online game out there:eek

Im asking nicely. im begging you actually.Pretty please:D

Darkdrium777
13th October 2009, 03:41 AM
Asking nicely? lolYeah, asking nicely (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5274). lol

Stop trying to pretend you have a case. It's really been one year minus one day from launch.

ProblemSolver
13th October 2009, 03:43 AM
Its impossible to hear what my friends or anyone is saying ...
Btw; Are you really sure you wanna know what they are saying (to you)? xD

Lance
13th October 2009, 03:55 AM
hmmm.... It's been almost eight years since the U.S.-Iraq war started. Neither asking nor demanding nor fighting has ended it. Perhaps there are factors that can not yet be overcome. That is in fact extremely common in all sorts of problems, even seemingly simple ones. I don't know what the cause of the chat problem is, but if it were simple and feasible, it would already be done. The developers have received nice requests, angry demands, and probably even threats, and yet the problem remains unsolved. Precisely how do angry demands, and antagonising people help to solve the problem? Clearly they do not. So, does it just make you feel good to say angry crap? I'm guessing it does, but it isn't going to solve the problem. Pretty much a waste of energy when something even more pleasurable could be done.

Darkdrium777
13th October 2009, 04:10 AM
Asking nicely as I've pointed earlier also didn't help. That was also a waste of energy.

Hey guys: let's not waste any more energy and not report bugs anymore so that developers don't know what to work on. Great idea isn't it?

The fact is, we are currently living in an era where patches made to games are common, and even though making these patches and getting them through certification processes is work, it is "feasible" as you say, as countless developers are doing so with a significantly shorter turn-around time than Sony Liverpool in regards to the broken voice chat feature that has been this way since day one. I think it's not wrong to say "they're certainly taking their sweet time getting there" even if you assume they take three months of vacation off every year like teachers at schools.
Sure, they've worked on other stuff, and yeah this will explain the delay. Calling them lazy is not what I would personally say, but you have to admit it's been a very long while.

I guess my point is this guy right here is not so wrong in being a little frustrated with the issue as you previously made it out to be. Just like the people angry at the US-Iraq war are not wrong when they are angry about it.

Kyonshi
13th October 2009, 04:27 AM
Lance, with all respect due to you... come on!!!! :)

Making a relation between a mid-eastern war and WipEout chat problem is kinda way out of proportions. Of course there can be similarities in the difficulty of managing and solving problems of some nature or another, but there's a goddam difference between an ultra-complex, never-ending war like US vs Iraq or Palestinians vs Israel opposed to the WipEout chat issue.

This said, before anyone jumps on me, of course im not a game developer and im not fully aware of what a chat problem is caused in programming a game. Im not saying im a Jack-of-all-trades. Im not saying SL employees are working with their heads up their asses. My guess is this: they've been working non-stop to develop Fury during all this time, along with trying to solve the freezing issue. And speaking of that, that's a WAY MORE urgent issue to solve than voice chat problem, cuz frankly, now we have right to be unhappy about that; it actually keeps us from playing, its refraining us to continue and enjoy the game for what WE PAID. Voice chat problem cannot stop me or anyone from playing WipEout, that is.

What i want to say is that chat problem couldn't really be that hard to solve, isnt it? I mean, with this generation of gamers and consoles, online gaming is well implanted but demands consequently, among some parameters, good communication capabilities between virtual team-mates. SL could look at other game studios what they've done to solve similar problem? Is it a problem of poor data-transfer issue? Servers being to weak or basic to support hi-quality voice chat feature?

Whatever the answer is, SL is morally responsible to keep its large fanbase and consummers aware of the whereabouts and how they're managing the problem. I guess that since some people like Ronibhoy are reacting this way, along with DD777's input, SL haven't been telling much about that since a full year. ;)

Koleax
13th October 2009, 06:38 AM
Not having voice chat is very cool. I'm really happy that SL is not supporting it. It's another one of those things where it seems like they know me and exactly what I want.

Hearing the other players would ruin the game. It's not like an FPS where you have breaks in the action and can exchange banter. This game requires your absolutely calm attention every millisecond. You flinch and it'll cost you something significant.

I know you've been slowly making a name for yourself in Flash Eliminator, Ronibhoy. No doubt you want to boast how good you are after a quake triple kill. I do it anyway and I don't have a mic, something on the order of "yeah, eat it, PEPEDA! Eat that plasma bolt!" But I know it would just lower the standard of the game for him, if he actually heard me. Likewise, I really do not want to hear you and your opinions while in-game, no matter what they are.

Wipeout is a very nonverbal and spatially oriented game. It has transcendent beauty and as such shoud be naturally protected from interference by whatever schmoe happens to log on. It makes me feel privileged to play against others who understand this. We're all sharing something extraordinary and we're not opening our big mouths to ruin it for each other.

Few people would be able to understand each other anyway. It's not uncommon for me to be in an 8-player race where everyone is from a different country, or where I'm probably the only one who can speak English. That makes the above sentiment feel all the more naturally edifying.

Finally, it's nice that we have this community, where we can talk and get to know each other away from the game. It's much more fun to talk about Wipeout, while not actually playing it, so that when we do go to play it, we can all stay quiet and let everyone enjoy it.

Vartazian
13th October 2009, 07:49 AM
Id like to see me and elhabib in a room with voice chat.

That or Me, Kyoto and OBH. That would be GREAT.

Sterist
13th October 2009, 08:30 AM
i agree, make it work or scrap it, at this point.

KIGO1987
13th October 2009, 08:57 AM
Ive been in an XMB voice chat room with IH8YOU and Motorsagmannen before with a whole bunch additions as well, it was awesome, the stuff been talked about was epically funny:lol Shame my useless cunty connection can't hold it longer than five or so minutes so much of a shame tbh, then again the conversation was in 3 different timezones, US, EU and AU. I would love to play Wipeout with my bluetooth headset, and people actually hearing what other people said, as well as me talking as well:)

abukii
13th October 2009, 11:49 AM
It actually seems like it works for some and doesnt for others. I was in a game not too long ago and my opponents were chatting up a storm, even addressing me-- problem was, my voice lagged or couldnt even be heard. Nothing a PSN message didnt fix though. So yea, Im in agreement with Sterist: Keep it or scrap it. Heres a question that will most likely answer this thread though-- Does the BD version advertise voice chat support??

eLhabib
13th October 2009, 12:30 PM
Id like to see me and elhabib in a room with voice chat.

Why is that? Not that I wouldn't want to talk to you, but it seems like you have a specific reason in mind?

Ronibhoy
13th October 2009, 03:38 PM
All i asked for was the chat to be sorted cos i paid for the game with voice chat. so why dont yous just scrap it and charge less money for the game which would b fairer.
And to koleax. Imagine blowing your friend up and driving past laughing.thats wot online gamings about. Not my fault you got no one on your friends list.
Dont join my room if you dont like losing big rank 60+.
---
sign my petition guys pls:+

ProblemSolver
13th October 2009, 04:39 PM
... Dont join my room if you dont like losing big rank 60+.
Just for your informtion; your rank means almost nothing for most people over
here. There are enough players on this board with a level of about 20 - 54+
who will blow the hell out of whatever comes next. ;)

IH8YOU
13th October 2009, 04:46 PM
I would play a lot more if voice chat worked again. Now I race 5 minutes and spend 50 laughing about it with my buds via chat room. Its sad, but awesome, though it really does kill track time. :-).

Psn chat rooms have made my phone a paperweight , 5 way convo with pics for free, or crap signal that I pay for.

ProblemSolver
13th October 2009, 04:52 PM
In-game XMB cross voice-chat incoming...?

Darkdrium777
13th October 2009, 05:12 PM
Supposed to. Sometime in the future. Only Nostradamus knows when.

Kyonshi
13th October 2009, 10:05 PM
Ronibhoy, i'd advise you to settle down and not tickle the top dogs here ;) Or else the racetrack is gonna be your graveyard for a long time :robot This said, i wouldn't mind giving you a little ass-kicking session all-around, wadda ya say? :banzai:+

...just kidding dude, no offense :D

Koleax
13th October 2009, 11:32 PM
All i asked for was the chat to be sorted cos i paid for the game with voice chat. so why dont yous just scrap it and charge less money for the game which would b fairer.
It already is rather cheap, especially the Fury expansion, probably because they did not invest the time and money for things like voice chat. So there you have it.

And to koleax. Imagine blowing your friend up and driving past laughing.thats wot online gamings about.
Not this game, IMHO. Other games, sure. I really enjoy playing classics like Marathon: Durandal, the first FPS ever to feature voice chat, against friends on XBL, laughing all the way. I don't prefer it with Wipeout.

Dont join my room if you dont like losing big rank 60+.
I have left your rooms precisely because of your attempts to talk. I don't want the soundtrack remixed with your lyrics.

Otherwise, bring it. Those Flash Eliminators on Talon's Junction with you, PEPEDA, and me in the top three were interesting. It seemed like you were playing better because you weren't talking. Next time, Rapier class, eh?

Darkdrium777
14th October 2009, 01:29 AM
So there you have it.That's far from any valid reason whatsoever that could potentially convince a jury if you were defending against a claim of false advertising.

Sorry, WipEout HD was sold for 20$ with voice chat clearly touted as functional, yet it never has been.

It still isn't today, there's every reason to demand it now.
And honestly, we don't care whether you like voice chat or not. Objectively, refer to the second sentence in my post. There's your problem, and it requires a fix.
If you have a problem with voice chat, mute people, or if this option isn't available, then you can come and ask for it to be implemented.
Perhaps if you ask now, whenever voice chat is fixed (IF!) you will also get your mute option.

Koleax
14th October 2009, 03:28 AM
Well I never saw it advertised in any way, much less with voice chat, but I'll take your word for it. Let me add that I'm approaching this from an XBL perspective, where voice chat is system level and, if it does not work in-game, can always be implemented by starting a party while in-game. I honestly do not know how it functions with the PS3, but I have the impression now that this is not possible.

Darkdrium777, maybe you should file court papers with Sony and SL, if you're that upset about it. I wish you the best of luck, since it's already a crime this game didn't cost two or three times as much.

Darkdrium777
14th October 2009, 05:28 AM
To be honest, I'm not upset, I just have stopped caring about reporting bugs and problems because SL have been silent for so long.
Right now I've just told you why your argument about the price of the game allows it to have features it's supposed to come with not working does not hold the water, and also the fact that your personal opinion about voice chat in this game is not the biggest factor in consideration if a developer is actually reading this. It still has to be fixed regardless.

And about the advertisement, it was previewed in various media sites that voice chat was supported and you could press the L1 button to talk to another player. Now obviously pressing the button works, but actually talking and the other guy hearing you doesn't.
Also, it's in the controls of the game. That makes it pretty clear that it's supposed to be there but isn't, which is *sigh* another thing wrong... :|

Lance
14th October 2009, 06:59 AM
"I've just told you." repeat repeat
What your 'just telling' means to someone else is "what you say is meaningless and wrong because it disagrees with what I think, and what I think is not an opinion, it is a fact". Has it ever occurred to you just how tactless, how sanctimonious, how arrogant, and non-objective your statements of 'fact' seem to other people? Are you so wrapped up in your own mind that you cannot understand how other people can react angrily to your statements, your inability to consider that your analysis of a set of circumstances could possibly be wrong, your dismissal of anything they have to say that does not agree with your statements? This is not a matter of English being your second language, and thus causing you to miss the nuances of the language, it is a matter of your attitude, your lack of respect for anyone's opinion but your own. You like to think that you are objectively analysing circumstances, but when one does this from one's own point of view, one's own principles, one's own tastes, desires, values, then analysis can not be objective. It is my personal opinion that complete objectivity is not possible for any human, and that therefore it is wrong for any of us to behave as though our analyses were absolute facts. Your insensitivity and incivility to Koleax and to every other person who disagrees with you, as evidenced dozens of times here in these forums, has angered me to the point where I say these things to you in public, and am willing to let any consequences to me for this saying to occur. Based on my past experience of your reactions, one of these consequences is highly likely to be a long statement which amounts to stating how right you are. I wish I could see humour in that, but at the moment, I find that I cannot.

Lance
14th October 2009, 07:21 AM
@Lance: You want humour? Okay here's some, of a sarcastic variety> Infoxicated is just going to }sarcasm alert} lOve this.

Darkdrium777
14th October 2009, 12:58 PM
The game was sold with voice chat supported but non functional. FACT
It requires fixing. FACT
The fact that Koleax doesn't want voice chat in WipEout HD should have no precedence over the fact that other people want voice chat included. FACT

Who is being arrogant here?

My response seems rather in line with Koleax saying: "They shouldn't fix voice chat because I don't like it in a game like WipEout HD. Also it's ok that voice chat isn't working because the game was rather cheap."

Would you please read what other people say? :)

Thank you.

kanar
14th October 2009, 01:22 PM
Darkdrium777 This user is on your Ignore List. FACT

KIGO1987
14th October 2009, 01:23 PM
I reckon the poll for having Voice chat feature fixed (Y) or (N) should be created,

I would like to see that voice chat feature to be fixed in WOHD, as well as a friendly fire option in the online lobby, fact is all of SL resources atm is detecated for the project for 2010, WOHD 3D, so gettings items like voice chat fixed fairly soon, would be fairly hard, unless there is a petition or something, like the new guy created. Someone create a poll and ill be happy to vote yes in it.

Darkdrium777
14th October 2009, 04:02 PM
Yes I believe this can also be the reason why they are silent still. They are working on 3D. Although I will not be able to use it when it comes out, it still is a better advancement than fixing voice chat, and I support the innovation. :+
I also believe we should have a poll as well, and not a debate over who's preferences matter over the others... Have everyone vote Yes or No for voice chat in WipEout HD. Then Studio Liverpool can evaluate if it is worth fixing based on the statistics.

Darkdrium777 This user is on your Ignore List. FACT:lol yet you had to click to see what I was saying, and then bothered to reply to it. Are you ignoring me or not? :D
btw: congratulations on figuring out how to put someone on ignore. Here's your "Coal Trophy" for your PSN profile xD

ProblemSolver
14th October 2009, 04:34 PM
I reckon the poll for having Voice chat feature fixed (Y) or (N) should be created, ...
There should be three options; Yes / No / Whatever.

mic-dk
14th October 2009, 05:22 PM
I'm one of a (almost) silent minority that really don't want chat fixed unless it includes a mute option.

I really, really don't need some kid halfway around the world shouting his childish profanities across my livingroom.

We got text chat for that...

(no, I don't mind profanities as such - they're very useful at times. Just keep the shouting out of WO and enjoy the music)

Kyonshi
14th October 2009, 05:34 PM
I really dont see what so much arrogant in DD777 replies. Its more than obvious that SL failed in game developement as well as marketing and advertising regarding the voice chat feature. That's the basic and that's only what he tries to illustrate.

Like i said, it may not be something keeping the game from working well, but if you advertise something that you can't offer, what else can it be than the FACT that its a huge mistake to do in marketing, whatever the field of competence or the type of company you're working in. Put aside that our analysis of the real undergoings at SL maybe wrong or whatever else, the point remains.

SL is working on WipEout 3D for 2010? Fine! Great! Im glad they're still developing! But giving this as an excuse to say they're too much busy right now to care about the voice chat is irrelevant. They had one full year to think about it and they didn't fixed it. It is not being rude, arrogant, bitchy or else, its the truth. If they really dont have time to invest in finding where the problem occurs, fine! Just remove it from the game, refresh and patch it online. But leaving it there, remaining broken, just sounds to me like "Oh well, that's no big deal, the game still runs without it, and we couldn't fix it since that all that time. Lets develop something better and people will forget about it.", just like M$ likes to proceed... Now that's just MY thoughts, not fact :)

Golgofier
14th October 2009, 08:04 PM
I'm also happy voice chat is broken in WO. Dont fix it, please.
I can see the point of VC in games where you play in teams, usually fps, but mostly it's just incredibly annoying in my experience. Who needs some f*cking 12 year old screaming in your ear that your a cheater when you beat them for the 6th time in a row (this happened to me just 30min ago but I got a msg instead of verbal abuse).

Chat rooms ftw though! Almost always very entertaining :D

Darkdrium777
14th October 2009, 09:06 PM
I really dont see what so much arrogant in DD777 replies.I think the problem is that I said: "Hey Koleax, your opinion is as irrelevant as you think Ronibhoy's is irrelevant."
Because like you said the fact is: Wipeout was sold with voice chat for 20$. It's supposed to work right? That's not being "arrogant." You can look everywhere in every domain, and if something doesn't do what it's supposed to do, somewhere someone faces the consequences for the lie. Now I don't want that to happen to SL (because WipEout HD is still ridiculously awesome without voice chat), but it's just a point being made.
But excuse me if doing so provokes everyone. I'll just let other people tell each other that their opinion is irrelevant.
Huh Lance? You yourself told me: "Stop doing that when you're having a discussion." Notice how not once since then, I had done it again? But now you expect that after the long discussion we had about this, I won't tell the same thing to someone else? What's the point of the lesson then?
Like I said, I'll just let other people tear each other up from now on. It seems that's the way people like it here anyways.

Koleax
14th October 2009, 11:48 PM
I don't think Ronibhoy's opinion is irrelevant. It was relevant enough for me to respond to, wasn't it? On the same note, you responded to mine, so by this as well as your own admission, it seems like you think my opinions are as relevant.

You seem to think that, because I don't share an opinion, I think it's irrelevant. No, I don't share Ronibhoy's opinion, or ostensibly yours, which is that, when you bought Wipeout HD, you got something less than what you paid for. Or maybe, you don't consider it opinion, but a matter of objective truth that you received something less than what you paid for. If so, and my experience contradicts that, I could see how that would vex you.

Tell me what you think. How about I pay you $20 for your copy of Wipeout? You get your money back and I pay a price closer to what I think the game is worth.

Darkdrium777
15th October 2009, 12:19 AM
No. First you'd have to pay me 30$ (HD Fury), and then I never said I felt robbed and wanted to be reimbursed because voice chat is not working. I'm just working on principles I've seen applied elsewhere in other sectors in the world. :) Principle which is in regards to false advertising... I still think WipEout HD is worth plenty of money sans voice chat.
But yeah, you were saying that you didn't want voice chat in WipEout HD regardless if Ronib found it fun or not (so kind of like screw him, I don't like it.) I may be trying to understand to much. That would be a flaw of me, it's not the first time where I over-react on things that appear benign to others (I can count about three or four times, perhaps more).
Anyway like I said, I won't meddle again, because someone here seems to have some kind of personal problem with me, someone which I had a high esteem of because of his incredible involvement in the community. That's sad, but not your fault. I wish I could explain myself but it is impossible too, so that's that.

Aeroracer
15th October 2009, 12:26 AM
couldnt care about voice chat.who wants to listen to some whiney dikhead making noise on the mic saying crap like "yooooo man you my bitch..ssooooo owned":turd you just want to kick them in the balls:+ .if i wanna listen to crap i can watch the shopping channel:)
if you wanna voice chat goto ps3 room that works..well sometimes :)

as for reducing the price of wohd cos chat dont work ...i agree take 2 pence off the price and i will be happy:P

pigmak
16th October 2009, 12:27 PM
I cannot even get my mic to pop up...I do not care about voice chat in game....I want it in the lobbies....I would like to talk about what game mode or track we want to play...would keep me in that particular game longer....

Lance
18th October 2009, 06:25 PM
He reacted the way I said he would. Not realising that the problem is not fact, but tact. Clearly he did not actually understand what was written. Psychological blind spot.

Rapier Racer
18th October 2009, 07:00 PM
Someone said a few pages back voice chat is more or less universal across XBL as if that was a good thing. Let me tell you, whoever made the decision at Microsoft to give every prepubescent little idiot and teenager that buys their console a headset in the box deserves to be shot.

All this amounts to is a load of stupid noises coming down the line, also some people seem to think its fun to place the headset next to their sound system to give me a little taste of the utter crap music they happen to have in their collection, non stop for the duration of the game I was playing.

This was a long time ago tho not used my 360 for such a long time now but I imagine its more or less still the same. I can do without that in Wipeout HD, manually having to mute every moron that gets on my nerves could end up being a most notorious task. Fix it by all means as long as I can universally mute everyone, prefer to hear my soundtrack and not say be accused of cheating every so often by some bad looser, thank you.

Darkdrium777
18th October 2009, 08:28 PM
Lance, I have asked you to remove one line from your a post of yours because it was way out of line, yet you have failed to do so.
Come back and talk about being tactful when you don't insinuate that your opinion about people's motivations is correct and the only truth, and go ahead and DELETE posts of those people when they reply to your insinuations.
Additionally, come back and talk about being tactful when you've apologized to everyone in this thread before your post where you question the fact that we've asked nicely for voice chat to be fixed in the past. Thanks for insinuating that we're all lying bastards.
For the record: my motivation in replying to Koleax was saying the same thing you told me, yet I am wrong in doing that to him, but you are not in doing that to me. Hypocrisy, but I'm starting to get used to that from you.

That is all.