PDA

View Full Version : Server Down (Possible Leaderboard fix?)

Rezatron
8th October 2009, 09:18 AM
Unable to go online as of around 8:30 GMT. It seems like some "maintenance" is scheduled today (according to this post (http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=218&message.id=1031#M1031)).

Hopefully when back up the leaderboards will be working properly again.

blackwiggle
8th October 2009, 09:31 AM
PLEASE be correct.

Osama & Djkyoto are about to set new records in the world cup.

Don't know if it will be in times on the course,more like times eliminated each other during a race.

A new record for "Comeback King" badges might be set in one tournament between these two. :D:pirate:cowboy

brainbeat
8th October 2009, 11:23 AM
I cant even start the game when signed in to psn just loads a black screen, i have to turn ps3 on not log in then start wipeout, if i try and connect to woservers when i then signed in it hangs on connecting (wont respond to pressing o for cancel either) hopefully back up in 10 mins

ProblemSolver
8th October 2009, 11:36 AM
Will this answer the question stated over here; Non-working leaderboards [please fix it!] (http://WipeoutZone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6849)?
Hopefully!

mic-dk
8th October 2009, 11:41 AM
<GrumpyOldManMode>
Your optimism is quite heartwarming.

Since there has been no mention of any fix, anywhere, I remain more than sceptical that this will be fixed anytime soon...
</GrumpyOldManMode>

breadhead
8th October 2009, 11:56 AM
Oh man I hope this is why I can't get the game to load up. Just hangs on the black screen.

Off to check if it works offline!

Mietepiet
8th October 2009, 12:09 PM
The PSN version of wipeout is all black
The Blu-ray can't be bought (none of my websites sell it)

IS THERE LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS BLACK HOLE?

brainbeat
8th October 2009, 12:09 PM
i reckon the update isnt for the leaderboard myself but more for the bluray version thats coming out on the 16th october, hopefully they are sorting it out but with no confirmation anywhere, I dont expect anything

Rezatron
8th October 2009, 12:12 PM
I expect everything :+

ProblemSolver
8th October 2009, 12:15 PM
IS THERE LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS BLACK HOLE?
Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is just a fast approaching train. xD

Mietepiet
8th October 2009, 12:22 PM
I hope this train brings some fresh leaderboard updates, and some blu-rays :P

XBARNSTERX
8th October 2009, 12:45 PM
lol @ problemsolver:D

Lets not get our hopes up guys:cowboy

Dark_Phantom_89
8th October 2009, 12:46 PM
I really hope its a leaderboard fix, but I highly doubt it. As previously mentioned, it's probably to make way for the blu-ray release.

Sel The Don
8th October 2009, 01:03 PM
ARGH!!!

I wanted to try and beat my score on Detonator! I can't even boot the game up! I really hope that this gets sorted soon.

brainbeat
8th October 2009, 01:05 PM
just sign out of psn when at black screen to get to menu, then u can log in but cant connect to online

[edit: post at 01:15 PM]
Its back up now guys

ProblemSolver
8th October 2009, 01:24 PM
!!!HOLY FUKKIN SH!T -- DA LEADERBOARD IS FIXED!!!

Even the glitched 'records' on AP ZONE are gone!
All my ZONE records are updated!

Yesssssss...!

Edit: Everyone, check your records!

OBH
8th October 2009, 01:27 PM
sweeeeeeet! need to get online when i can, find out if some on my single player times are actually right!

brainbeat
8th October 2009, 01:28 PM
leaderboard fixed i think

Mietepiet
8th October 2009, 01:40 PM
SWEET I've seen the light :D

@PS: good to see you back on AP's 1st page :+

yeldar2097
8th October 2009, 01:42 PM
please tell me you guys aren't taking the piss...

sod it, even if you are: :hyper

:g

ProblemSolver
8th October 2009, 01:45 PM
@PS: good to see you back on AP's 1st page :+
Now I'm going for seruginnzi on AP. Zone 130+ incoming ... mark my words.

Mietepiet
8th October 2009, 01:47 PM
I'll check again in 1/2 hour ;). Good Luck

amplificated
8th October 2009, 01:55 PM
Thank you Studio Liverpool! :D

blackwiggle
8th October 2009, 02:08 PM
What the....It's fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjLATAUwao

XBARNSTERX
8th October 2009, 02:20 PM
Ahh morris dancing, one of englands greatest traditions:P

Thanks SL,Sony for the leaderboard fix .
SL and TT has its purpose back:+

Someone needs to set some times , see if we dont have to wait another few months:eek

Lance
8th October 2009, 02:24 PM
<GrumpyOldManMode>
Your optimism is quite heartwarming.

Since there has been no mention of any fix, anywhere, I remain more than sceptical that this will be fixed anytime soon...
</GrumpyOldManMode>

LOL
Indeed it is. :D

Zone 130+ incoming ... mark my words.

Words marked. :)

JJPAP
8th October 2009, 02:25 PM
Bloody GREAT, SL :+ :D

blackwiggle
8th October 2009, 02:27 PM
Lance must of known something otherwise he would not of locked the previous thread down.;)

Serendipity Lance?

Or Prophesy?

Either way,it all ended up fine in the end.:D

shapealot
8th October 2009, 02:28 PM
lol great vid :)

i checked most of my times an they all seem correct a lot of glitched times removed though it seems a few remain on SL, people ive never heard of with WRs :eek

big thanx to studio liverpool for the fix and to problemsolver of course. ive got a feelin theres gona be an overload of new records today :P

Lance
8th October 2009, 02:34 PM
Blackwiggle: It's just one of those seeming coincidences that happily occur many times in life. I've seen them happen a lot.

brainbeat
8th October 2009, 02:35 PM
i have got a couple of stats not uploaded still, but generally happy, says i never played moa therma reverse sl on rapier but i have 2 times and a ghost. some of my single races havent updated so im holding out for a patch my end i think, i got a couple of glitched times on my personal so i reckon that may be causing issue.

ProblemSolver
8th October 2009, 02:39 PM
I'll check again in 1/2 hour ;). Good Luck

There it is. :) Zone 134 on AP.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3842/wohd20091008162446.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3842/wohd20091008162446.jpg)

Some more perfect laps and everything should be fine.

Mietepiet
8th October 2009, 02:43 PM
Nice work man :+:+:+:+

blackwiggle
8th October 2009, 02:50 PM
Blackwiggle: It's just one of those seeming coincidences that happily occur many times in life. I've seen them happen a lot.

I've had many myself.

Unfortunately ,as most prophetic we could both be ,it never seems to end in a cash windfall.

It's like we were wedded to the family of George Costanza from Seinfeld.

A hapless fate.:eek

Reezy
8th October 2009, 03:09 PM
Exciting news :D

billychanxtr33m
8th October 2009, 03:43 PM
holy :rock !!!111

just in time for my fall break too :beer

ps
i think problem solver's zone runs cure cancer, science should look into this

yeldar2097
8th October 2009, 05:07 PM
My WO is dead again, same as before: signing out works to get past the black screen still

SaturnReturn
8th October 2009, 05:40 PM
Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is just a fast approaching train. xD
Can that be true? Surely not.:?

Anyways, I'm glad that the times are being fixed. They were just getting far too messed up. More importantly it shows the game is still being supported on some level. Hurrahxorz. Can I do that? Can I xorz hurrah? Maybe not - uberhurrahxorz!:)

invernomuto
8th October 2009, 05:44 PM
My WO is dead again, same as before: signing out works to get past the black screen still

same here... at first it wouldn't launch at all. Then it launched if I signed off first, then again it launched also after signin on, but it still can't connect to the server :eek

Mietepiet
8th October 2009, 05:47 PM
and working again :)

edit: except for the online part :(

Woopzilla
8th October 2009, 05:57 PM
Since the boards were back up and working I decided to do some speedlaps to beat some friend's records :P... by the time I was finished they've been took down again. :S

I've got an ugly entry for Ubermall on Phantom now with 'PLAYER' as the name... hopefully that will correct itself.

ProblemSolver
8th October 2009, 06:05 PM
Can that be true? Surely not.:?
It can be true. Why not?

@Woopzilla: PLAYER means; not yet uploaded.

Dark_Phantom_89
8th October 2009, 06:18 PM
Wow, please be true! Can't wait to get online now! :hyper

Woopzilla
8th October 2009, 06:20 PM
@Woopzilla: PLAYER means; not yet uploaded.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. :) Not had Wipeout long, so I hadn't seen that before... I think I've yet to play with fully working boards. :blarg

KGB
8th October 2009, 09:08 PM
just had a quick look and couldn't get online, though I could see that my personal records were still wrong. Are everyone else's personal records unchanged as well?

Rezatron
8th October 2009, 09:23 PM
Someone post in here when online is back up. Easier to check here than turning my PS3 on and off.

mic-dk
8th October 2009, 09:25 PM
Ah, my bleak world view wins again. Good thing I'm working all night, so I won't spend my time trying, trying, trying to get it online.

I will allow for a small amount of optimism though... :D

brainbeat
8th October 2009, 10:36 PM
My personal records are still screwif im hoping that theyll patch it for our end too, because you are screwed if you have 5 best times that are glitched, will it ever post your legit ones if they dont beat your best because it says its a 30 second race ect lol.

Golgofier
9th October 2009, 07:34 AM
Still cant get online. Aaarrrgh :pirate

blackwiggle
9th October 2009, 09:41 AM
Same here .
I was just talking to AnErare on the PSN and he said that he was warned that some big change in the PSN was in process.

That might explain why when I tried to get into the PStore I kept getting an error message saying that it wasn't available in my area,I can get into it now though.

So I'm not sure if this is a PSN problem or the SL wipeout servers.

Anybody tried any other online games in the last hour or so?

brainbeat
9th October 2009, 10:45 AM
I can see a souple of people of ps home and playing r2 and codwow, not tried myself. Just checked official forum there was a thread said psn/store down, but someone replied at 10.22 uk time that the store is back up, im just hoping its not an epic fail

djKyoto
9th October 2009, 10:59 AM
Tried online about 10 minutes ago, didn't connect.

Paul Tweedle
9th October 2009, 01:19 PM
Yes, sorry the Wipeout HD server is currently down. We're working on it please be patient.

yeldar2097
9th October 2009, 01:26 PM
:g
Good to know; the good people at SL are in fact alive :+
And they're fixing things :hyper

Cheers for the info Paul :)

brainbeat
9th October 2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the info

ProblemSolver
9th October 2009, 01:36 PM
Oh, they're alive. pfeww!

tug_14
9th October 2009, 01:43 PM
patient ? sure we'll be and be already ... do we have an other choice ? :)

glad to see u here Paul ....

Darkdrium777
9th October 2009, 01:43 PM
Bwoop.Bwoop.....Bwoop.Bwoop.....Bwoop.Bwoop.....

WE HAVE A PULSE!

We can expect full remission from the coma anytime in the next few weeks.

ProblemSolver
9th October 2009, 01:50 PM
They are defreezing. Don't overpace! xD

leungbok
9th October 2009, 01:53 PM
Yes, sorry the Wipeout HD server is currently down. We're working on it please be patient.
Cool !! We are not orphans at all ! ;)

Darkdrium777
9th October 2009, 02:25 PM
They are defreezing. Don't overpace! xDI need a .025% Adrenalin injection, STAT!

Lance
9th October 2009, 02:59 PM
patient ? sure we'll be and be already ... do we have an other choice ? :)

Well, yeah, actually. :D Two others, pretty much. Either do something else altogether, or storm the offices of SL and demand instant gratification, whether it can be delivered or not. Choice is everywhere! :g

IH8YOU
9th October 2009, 03:18 PM
This broken server bit is forcing me to face my problem.

I need my fix! :cold

OBH
9th October 2009, 03:29 PM
Try some TT instead :g tedious as sin at first, though massively rewarding when you start getting good.

Koleax
9th October 2009, 03:35 PM
This broken server bit is forcing me to face my problem.

I need my fix! :cold

Diagnosis is that you don't like offline play very much. Treatment begins with three zone modes and a couple of speed lap sessions.

Trust me I'm a doctor. :+

Lance
9th October 2009, 03:38 PM
Psychiatrist/psychologist?

OBH
9th October 2009, 03:56 PM
The Tweedle-meister is online! :)
*awaits an informative post from the SL man himself* :g

edit:
but alas, is left dissappointed.....

blackwiggle
9th October 2009, 11:41 PM
Paul Tweedle and other SL staff fixing the HD server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc

Kyonshi
10th October 2009, 12:30 AM
This WipEout's server maintenance session again confirm me the awful and fatal truth...

I a total useless, wasted and irrecoverable WipEout junkie :paperbag :+

Maybe i should use the "free" and "spare" time to eat more vegetables.

phaeton_pl
10th October 2009, 06:37 AM
I have a lot of patience but if they don't fix the leaderboards it will end up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs&feature=related
:blarg

Rezatron
10th October 2009, 07:25 AM
Being the weekend, I don't expect the servers to be back up until early next week (coinciding with the retail release).

Hold tight you maniacs, it's going to be alright! :bomb :hyper

djKyoto
10th October 2009, 08:01 AM
I do hope they're up for the WWC match planned tomorrow.

blackwiggle
10th October 2009, 09:05 AM
Maybe a new power supply for the server.

http://revver.com/video/162258/1617946_026/

Rezatron
10th October 2009, 09:22 AM
Already been attempted, failed experiment:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6907/ratinacomputer.jpg

blackwiggle
10th October 2009, 10:49 AM
This is the longest the server has ever been down.

I know that with the upcoming Disc version of the game you can't use the saved game progress from the downloaded version.

I'm just wondering if that they have suddenly now found that there could possibly be online conflicts between the two versions,and are now trying frantically to produce a fix at server level before the Disc's leave the shops and all hell breaks lose.

Just a theory ,and I hope I'm wrong as quick fixes to these problems have not been a strong point for the game. :dizzy

brainbeat
10th October 2009, 11:44 AM
I've just managed to connect to servers

JJohnEames
10th October 2009, 11:49 AM
So have i. My times updated and the records look fixed :D I just hope its done for good now. Thanls SL :rock

Dark_Phantom_89
10th October 2009, 11:55 AM
Excellent work SL! :D

Rezatron
10th October 2009, 12:40 PM
The top glitched Multiplayer Modesto Venom times are still up though (i'm sure others too).

Also I think a new bug has popped up: when hosting a room I picked a fury track and the standard dialog box appeared asking me to kick some players out except there was no "yes/no" boxes so I had to quit the game! Maybe a one shot glitch?

EDIT: down again? Can't connect as of around 9 AM EST.

brainbeat
10th October 2009, 01:08 PM
its broke again, whats going on, oh well i got work in 2 so thats me for the day, gonna play wipeout 3se tonight instead lol. black screen on start up again

Mietepiet
10th October 2009, 01:10 PM
LIVERPOOL...LIVERPOOL... we have a problem :(

stunsty99
10th October 2009, 01:11 PM
Aww... I keep getting network error or the connecting screen still :(

z1r0rEi
10th October 2009, 01:27 PM
I connected to WO online, it worked, record tables, were workin , up to date,i was checkin my records, 2 minutes later, it broke again,got dc, this was about 15 minutes ago, at 2.12pm,:brickwall

JJohnEames
10th October 2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah the game isn't even loading for me now. Just a blank screen :?

SaturnReturn
10th October 2009, 02:31 PM
Is that only online? Can you still load it up if you're not signed in to the PSN?

Amorbis
10th October 2009, 02:42 PM
JJ I've got the same issue, I asked around to cross check and Andybob has it too. The 'Sony Computer Entertainment Presents' screen loads fine, but nothing after that. Just a black screen.

Seems odd that we aren't even able to play some Speed Laps.

blackwiggle
10th October 2009, 02:43 PM
We need more power at the SL servers ,stuff the mice,bring on the turbo Hamsters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3jzlyNIpc&feature=related

Amorbis .
If you disconnect from the internet can you still play.

I hope this is not a virus of some sort. OUCH ! if it is.

blackwiggle
10th October 2009, 02:48 PM
It's back up and working now

Seems some of the single race times of dubious merit are still up.
Take a look at Moa Therma Phantom for instance ...10 sec faster than WOTAN's using Mirage...I don't think so

stunsty99
10th October 2009, 02:52 PM
Haha! That hamster is awsome! And yes server is back online.

blackwiggle
10th October 2009, 03:02 PM
Have a look at this other Hamster video.
Notice the speed clock at the top,and this Hamster holds the current record with barrel rolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRH50fvHWA&NR=1

If only Yeldar ,Leungbok & Piraphaic were Hamsters :D

KIGO1987
10th October 2009, 03:16 PM
Funny video,

But **** me, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll,

Pause,

barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll,

Im getting ****ing tired of all this ****ing barrel roll ****, next Wipeout better not have barrel rolls in it, its completely ****ed the element of the game. I rather have two speed classes above phantom like Zen and Supersonic rather than all this barrel roll ****.

Where did the idea of barrel rolls come from, and its not from that SNES game.

blackwiggle
10th October 2009, 03:25 PM
Be careful of what you say ,you might not mean to say it.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xMGNKI_gpQ

You rely on BR's as much as anybody does online.

Probably from a drinking contest down the pub.

Colin ,Paul, Zico ...after a few Pints and a curry designed it on the back of a beer coaster.

It wer brilliant idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaqQ_pazxxw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B12WBTFLK0Q&feature=related

KIGO1987
10th October 2009, 03:36 PM
Lol,

With Pure and Pulse you actually concentrated in driving your ship, in WOHD, you are more interested in doing barrel rolls and eating cheese then more barrel rolls, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll e^99999999999999999999999999999999999

OBH
10th October 2009, 03:45 PM
my sl and tt times half half updated, but single race and mp hasnt

KIGO1987
10th October 2009, 03:47 PM
You've stolen Kanar's avatar OBH:P

Rezatron
10th October 2009, 03:48 PM
Lol,

With Pure and Pulse you actually concentrated in driving your ship, in WOHD, you are more interested in doing barrel rolls and eating cheese then more barrel rolls, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll e^99999999999999999999999999999999999

Eating cheese? I sense some jealously over our barrel rolling French pilot overloads. :g

9 Barrel Rolls in a Lap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuVw54NvT8w)

Anyway, what do barrel rolls have to do with the server? Hopefully it'll stay up for good now.

Darkdrium777
10th October 2009, 03:50 PM
The server was busy barrel rolling, that's why it was offline.

KIGO1987
10th October 2009, 03:51 PM
Eating cheese? I sense some jealously over our barrel rolling French pilot overloads. :g

9 Barrel Rolls in a Lap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuVw54NvT8w)

Anyway, what do barrel rolls have to do with the server? Hopefully it'll stay up for good now.

I was going to say Marmite munchers, the French arent the only ones Lol,

doing barrel rolls and eating cheese then more barrel rolls, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll, barrel roll e^99999999999999999999999999999999999

OBH
10th October 2009, 03:56 PM
You've stolen Kanar's avatar OBH:P

It was inevitable after using icaras so much lately :p

blackwiggle
10th October 2009, 03:56 PM
I sense Lance stepping in and barrel rolling Kigo :D

KIGO1987
10th October 2009, 03:58 PM
Im 13timezones ahead, that should be enough space:paperbag

Lance
10th October 2009, 06:01 PM
I sense a lot of boring crap being done by using up effort that could be put into something more positive and/or entertaining. The non-moderators among you can skip over all this stuff, but the mods have to read it all. This has a tendency to make mods respond in a negative way, negative, as in deletions of so-called content and of .... other things. <{thinly veiled threat :g ]

Darkdrium777
10th October 2009, 07:37 PM
Im 13timezones ahead, that should be enough space:paperbagThe hammer has a very long handle. :g

crawdad62
10th October 2009, 08:29 PM
Ooooo that's not so thinly veiled. :P

Lance
10th October 2009, 09:36 PM
GMT is a wondrous thing. :)

Uh... have we gone offtopic yet? :eek

Koleax
11th October 2009, 05:19 AM
Uh... have we gone offtopic yet? :eek
I don't know, but after reading this thread, I decided to turn off BRs tonight to see what it would be like, except I did it against oolproo and he acted like I stepped on his cat.

Some of my times still aren't updating.

djKyoto
11th October 2009, 07:15 AM
Watch out Koleax, redundant quoting!

KIGO1987
11th October 2009, 09:00 AM
^^^^
You have received an infraction at WipeoutZone Forum

You have received one infraction point for unnecessary quotation :P

- All the best, :g

:lol

Just watch out for those kind of simple mistakes Koleax, i do accidental quoting sometimes i dont quote anymore.

leungbok
11th October 2009, 09:27 AM
You sure it's an infraction ?
It's ok with the forum rules if we quote only a part of a previous post, even if it's the one just above, no ? :?:

KGB
11th October 2009, 09:38 AM
Good to see the times fixed again, shame my personal records are still wrong. There must be something they can do to fix this as well.

Well done to Problemsolver who I think may have had a big part to play in this. :+

blackwiggle
11th October 2009, 11:54 AM
I'm glad they got rid of the really obvious Zone glitch gotten times,but there still remains a few dubious ones ,can you really clear 100+ zones with only 29 perfect laps?
I'm not sure of the maths ,the score isn't that high ,it's on the 2nd or 3rd page of the AP forward Zone records,actually there is more than one like that on that track.

I've got to go through all my records to see if they updated and so I can copy them to Connavars site.

I'll write down any times that I come across during the process that I think might be improbable [questionable], and post them to see what others think.

brainbeat
11th October 2009, 12:34 PM
welll im not too good at zone, not played much but when i got to 75 i had no more than 25 perfect laps, dont know if helps

blackwiggle
11th October 2009, 01:03 PM
Problemsolver knows the formula so he will be able to tell for sure,they might be legit for all I know,it's just getting to zone 100+ ???

Usually you start banging into things big time once you get to and passed 75

brainbeat
11th October 2009, 01:18 PM
or after zone 60 for me lol

Mietepiet
11th October 2009, 01:22 PM
It could be possible. For every perfect zone (not lap) you get 10 shield, so basically with 10 perfect zones you could reach zone 100, if other zones are only 1% damage.

ProblemSolver
11th October 2009, 02:11 PM
They (SL) left some scores on the board that are theoretically possible.

Theoretically, one can reach zone 100 without doing any perfect zone at all. Initially the
shield starts at 100 points and if you are going to hit the wall each zone by taking a one
point damage only, then you will enter zone 100 with zero shield. One could go as far as
zone 100.9 if the shield was set to zero at zone 99.9.

Anyways, I don't consider his / her score (100+/29) as a legit one. If one can reach zone
100 then (s)he should be able to do 65 - 70 perfect zones, at worst, on Anunlpha Pass.

Lance
11th October 2009, 02:44 PM
You sure it's an infraction ?
It's ok with the forum rules if we quote only a part of a previous post, even if it's the one just above, no ? :?:

The infraction-giving page just says "unnecessary quotation". Rob wrote that page, which expands the rule a bit, while I wrote the section about quotation in the guidelines.

Often, as in this case, even partial quotation is completely unnecessary, since what was being referred to was entirely clear.

The partial quotation bit applies to big posts that address a lot of different issues, where it would not be clear what the next poster was talking about. Kinda obvious in most shorter posts.

Sometimes what I like to do is just copy and paste one little part of a sentence, put it in quotes, and comment on that.

The idea of the whole unnecessary quotation thing is to respect all the members by not wasting their time. The more quotes there are, the bigger and more difficult to read the page gets. And who wants to read again the same thing they already just read a few seconds ago.

blackwiggle
11th October 2009, 02:44 PM
That's what I was thinking.

Probably did 29 perfect laps then decided to activate the glitch to make it look more legit.

At least 95%+ of the messed up leaderboard times are fixed now :D

I think there are still a [very] few in the single race section,somebody beating Wotans time by 10sec on Moa forward Phantom is the most obvious one at first look through,but for the most part I think we can now consider this problem a thing of the past.

YAY!

Reezy
11th October 2009, 03:07 PM
Single race records still have a few zone battle times in them.

Constrictor
11th October 2009, 03:09 PM
For the time being the leaderboard fix is just partial (for me). MP times seems to update ok. SL/TT records (Being bored I did some offline records during the server outage Friday & Saturday) do not show up in the leaderboard. And online 'rank' is stuck local is improving as it should. Leaderboard doesn't reflect local gain.

Lance
11th October 2009, 03:10 PM
@blackwiggle: Someone beating Wotan by 10 seconds!!? :eek
I dislike using the word impossible, but I'm tempted.

Skvall
11th October 2009, 03:12 PM
:D Nice! I always thought they would fix it before the bluray release and Im glad I was right. :)

blackwiggle
11th October 2009, 11:05 PM
Although the leader boards have been fixed ,I think it will be a few days before things fully stabilize.

A lot of people would of heard of the eminent leader board fix so they have suddenly flooded back online again to see their relevant positions,sending their previously unsent data to the server in the process, so you have all these times coming in from people that have not logged on for quite a while.

If you add all the new TT & SL times that would of been set by all those waiting for the server to come back online.

Plus the huge amount of people on the online boards once it did finally go back up.

That could be a considerable amount of new data being downloaded to the server in a short space of time

Mietepiet
12th October 2009, 06:28 AM
How much data is one record? 1kb

They must use these servers then:
anitqueted IBM server

blackwiggle
12th October 2009, 07:37 AM
Yeah but it takes a while to burn them all to floppy disc for archiving.:D

Constrictor
12th October 2009, 07:49 AM
I thought of Hollerith cards, shipped by snailmail or transferred by smoke signal (IPv4) :eek

KIGO1987
12th October 2009, 09:07 AM
Yeah but it takes a while to burn them all to floppy disc for archiving.:D

is that the 3.5 or 5inch ones?

Lance
12th October 2009, 05:28 PM
5 ¼ inch

I don't think there was a 5 inch. The old IBMs, Commodores, Tandys, etc. used 5 ¼ inch before the little hardcase 3.5s existed.

ProblemSolver
12th October 2009, 06:49 PM
... Well done to Problemsolver who I think may have had a big part to play in this. :+
:)

I also want to mention Darkdrium777 who hasn't missed any chance to rise his opinion.

I would had been gone even further if they weren't about to fix the problem within the next
weeks. I had the idea to write an entire article about the inability of game developer studios
to maintain 'lag free' gaming, leaderboards etc. -- with special emphasis on WipEout HD,
which should had been distributed on serveral known gaming websites. I mean what's the
deal of playing online if games are laggy, leaderboards are not updating and known glitches
aren't removed? Is this the price to pay for playing free of charge on PSN? Hopefully not.
I sometimes get the feeling that many dev studios don't care as much about the netcode
as for example the graphics. I can live with one or even two tracks less if the netcode would
work like a charm in return. But unfortunately, since the netcode doesn't produce any fancy
graphics it might always be of lower in priority than the graphics itself, which is odd.

However, I still believe that the problem was somehow related to Sony, but as a customer
I don't (have to) care. What was the problem, anyway? And why has it took so long?

DeepMix
12th October 2009, 08:07 PM
i dont know but i think i lost several records :( i wonder why if ive never used any glitch oh well i will have to practice and set the records again, i was worried why i wasnt able to connect but after i read what paul said i was glad lol

Rezatron
13th October 2009, 03:43 AM
I did a hardcore 3 hour TT/SL session on Ubermall Reverse today and non of those records are updated... :mad:

Also a bunch of my MP times from the past 2 days on Sol2 rev, Uber rev, and Moa haven't updated. :-

novide
13th October 2009, 07:33 AM
all my records updated until last thursday, but new records not...

leungbok
13th October 2009, 07:42 AM
Before the big issue on the leaderboards, the records tooks sometimes one day or two before updating, so wait a little before complaining, guys ;)

Constrictor
13th October 2009, 11:49 AM
There's nothing wrong complaining. It worked - somehow. And the so called fix is imo not really a fix to date. Start complaining again! The sooner the better.

Maybe they did some kind of records snapshot last week and handcrafted the leaderboard. For some it's again more than 4 or 5 days that anything updated. And the most remarkable indicator that something is f*d-up is the frozen online-rank (we had that before).

Err, maybe it's only an old-school fsck the servers are performing *sic*

Effedieffe
13th October 2009, 01:16 PM
Even if it is true that the records take one day or two before updating I don't understand the reason... maybe they update by hand? :eek

ProblemSolver
14th October 2009, 05:26 PM
I wanna put something in perspective.

From the PS Blog;

Birdie94jb: In one of your previous chats you said you were keen on
stopping cheaters on the online mode, how do you intend to do this?

TravisMcIntosh-NaughtyDog: We've already implemented a bunch of
anti-cheat detection stuff, ways of detecting a lag pedal, etc. Mainly
though, as with any online game, the only way to stop cheating is eternal
viligence. So we play constantly, watch message boards, and try and react
to cheats as they come. ...

Reference (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/uncharted-2-among-thieves-out-now-live-chat-with-naughty-dog-today-at-2pm-pt/)

Says everything.

mic-dk
14th October 2009, 05:27 PM
WTH is a lag pedal?

brainbeat
14th October 2009, 05:33 PM
i presume he means a lag switch, they probably turn it on with foot on like a drum pedal, used in fps, when u see someone freeze and then u die, u been lagswitched, theres no way to fix it either because if switch is before router then ps3 /360 doesnt notice a voltage drop, i read an article somewhere about it because i thought myself there were detectable.

Golgofier
14th October 2009, 08:15 PM
WTH is a lag pedal?

Just wondered that myself. Feel really old sometimes having to look up all this new youth techno-slang! Thanks for the explanation though, brainbeat :)

Koleax
14th October 2009, 11:03 PM
I once had a boss at work who made his own lag pedal and used it on an FPS with his 360. He was promptly banned.

He was fired too, although not for that.

PS, what perspective should I have after reading that? That SL is actually eternally vigilant, playing the game constantly, and reading message boards, or that they are so unlike Naughty Dog? It seems like they might be somewhere in between, but I've never played Uncharted, so I don't know how to compare.

IH8YOU
14th October 2009, 11:25 PM
WTH is a lag pedal?

I'm not sure to be honest - but I'm pretty sure the entire country of Spain uses one. :blarg

Just kidding, my Spanish friends - I know it's your international dial-up connection at fault - your country really should invest in DSL. :D

Seriously though - never understood why I get lag nearly 100% of the time against Spanish players - but hardly ever experience it with Aussies, Kiwis and Asian competitors.

ProblemSolver
15th October 2009, 12:39 AM
... PS, what perspective should I have after reading that? ...
Substract 'Uncharted2', 'lag switch', etc. from my last post.

The perspective is on how other companies treat certain things. I love how they
communicate with their fan-base / customers.

ProblemSolver
15th October 2009, 02:14 PM
The leaderboard is fully functional again. All records updated.

Rezatron
15th October 2009, 03:15 PM
and updating very quickly to boot :+

Aeroracer
16th October 2009, 01:14 AM
cool..cos i got lots of new personal best records to load onto board:dizzy

Constrictor
16th October 2009, 06:47 AM
Fixed it is. As far as I am qualified to judge. My records did update quite fast.

Though, I did feel something (positively) odd: MP online phantom is or feels more like phantom offline. It's a little (little) bit faster than the weeks and months before. Maybe some of you remember those times shortly after the 1.30 (?) update when MP phantom races felt like rapier - speedwise - with lots of latency issues. Anyone?

And then there was something I thought was extinct. Yesterday, I found vista pads again. I'd pass this deja-vu. :blarg For at least 2 months I never had any clash w/ these pads (an active pad that doesn't release the extra). It happened multiple times even in different races w/ different hosts.

Vartazian
16th October 2009, 06:51 AM
Indeed the Dreaded Vista Pad has returned.

amplificated
16th October 2009, 07:56 AM
I've had a few in the last month or so; I don't think this update has caused them to occur more often.

jimsin
20th October 2009, 03:15 AM
Sorry to drag this back up again ... but are the leaderboards definitely fixed?

Just trying to get back into Wipeout - had a bit of a frustrating night - racing a ghost that turned out not to be the ghost of my best time. Did some online races and noticed that my online rank hadn't been updated since at least the previous evening - attempted to do some Time Trials of Modesto Heights and noticed also that the times I had set the previous evening weren't showing on the leaderboard.

I'd been so relieved to hear that the leaderboard problem was fixed - but certainly it doesn't seem to be for me. Is it just me, or is it happening to others?

blackwiggle
20th October 2009, 05:44 AM
I'm starting to think it is a regional thing.

Your records might be saved to whatever regional server you are connected through and then all those records are batch updated to the SL ones,say maybe 3 or 4 times a week.
Seems a bit ad hoc whatever the updating process is.

And yes I have noticed the dreaded Vista Pads making a reappearance.

The main offending tracks for me are Metropia forward ,the first weapon pad on the right going up the hill and Ubermall forward ,again the first pads and the one on the right where the track splits.
This usually happens on the first lap.

breadhead
20th October 2009, 09:26 AM
I've started getting Vista pads too, which is odd because I have never had them before!
I thought everyone was making them up before :(

shapealot
20th October 2009, 10:00 AM
whats a vista pad?

i think all of my records have updated but yesterday i beat a few online times which havnt updated so i dont know what my fastest lap was to enter them in connavars site. i didnt know it bunched your single race and online times together only showing total speed pads hits and not youre fastest lap, which is a pain in the ass

i only live 10 mins away from studio liverpool it would be quicker for me to write them down on a bit of paper, drive down there and hand them over personally :P

breadhead
20th October 2009, 10:57 AM
Vista pads are when you go over a glowing weapons pad and it makes the noise of picking up a weapon. But you don't get a weapon.

amplificated
20th October 2009, 11:18 AM
The leaderboards are still a bit weird for me too. Some tracks update very quickly, others haven't updated in days.

shapealot
21st October 2009, 10:01 AM
thanx breadhead :+ i did have a strange one last night, picked up a boost pressed square to use only to have the nose of the ship to glow light blue and make a weird sound ive never heard before

chboing
21st October 2009, 03:19 PM
i thought vista pad were never glowing weapon pads ? ....

novide
30th October 2009, 09:34 AM
a few records not updating since last saturday - have someone the same problem?

ProblemSolver
30th October 2009, 10:42 AM
Same over here. Have set some new records, but none got updated within
the last few day. But who cares, we good ads instead! :+

invernomuto
5th November 2009, 05:15 PM
But who cares, we good ads instead! :+

LOL :lol

"Why don't you watch this cool Ad while you wait for the leaderboards to update? And by the way, the leaderboard is brought to you by [insert big sponsor name here]!"

Koleax
5th November 2009, 10:10 PM
Some of mine are not updating after several days as well.

Whatever seems to have messed up the MP Venom Moa leaderboard may be messing up some other Venom MP boards as well. Check them out.

novide
6th November 2009, 08:59 AM
all my new records have not been updated since 2 weeks...

Golgofier
6th November 2009, 03:43 PM
Records not updating, vista pads, occasional severe lag (players disappear mid-game, then reappear) and a new one: quakes that wont fire!?
Happened yesterday during WWC match several times - I pick up a quake, fire it and hear the quake sound but it wont deploy. I held on to one for an entire lap until it finally went off :+

But hey, I totally agree with PS - we got commercials so who can complain!

Constrictor
6th November 2009, 04:15 PM
Those quakes not firing. Yeah, it happend to me, too. But only in eliminator since the 2.10 patch. I was only able to 'fire the sound' multiple times but not the wave itself. I thought of $max_num_quake = 2

ProblemSolver
6th November 2009, 04:23 PM
Ehm ... you know that the amount of quakes depend on how many ads were displayed
in total before the race? So if 8 players are going for a race and only 2 got an ad, then
there will be only 2 quakes in the game. :g

infoxicated
6th November 2009, 04:26 PM
In fairness to Microsoft and the Vista pads, perhaps this should be called the Apple Quicktime patch?

After all, Quicktime has stuff running the background that you never actually asked for, too. :)

Lance
6th November 2009, 05:00 PM
hmmm....

Ad Pads

QjonPL
6th November 2009, 05:14 PM
I had the same problem as Golgofier several times in past few days - only in Eliminator.
Even more, today something new has happened to me - in Eliminator on AP I've picked up a Quake, used it and... a Missile fired up o.O
(Yes, I'm 100% sure I picked up Quake ;p )

Golgofier
6th November 2009, 07:04 PM
I got the quake cock-up in regular MP-races, don't do much eliminator.

SaturnReturn
6th November 2009, 07:16 PM
and a new one: quakes that wont fire!?
Happened yesterday during WWC match several times - I pick up a quake, fire it and hear the quake sound but it wont deploy. I held on to one for an entire lap until it finally went off :+

This has happened to me too, in a normal MP race. I hit square and just got a sound, no visual. Hit square again and same again, sound, no visual. Just as I was about to hit it again it went off. Only one hit ericd7m though unfortunately.:P Eric also mentioned that he was hit with a quake earlier in the race but it had no effect on him.

I've also had a zone ship appear online in the place of a player who left the game but remained on the starting grid. It flashes between bright green and normal zone ship colours. It looks small compared to normal ships too. It happened before this patch once before though.

On top of this I've had trails of ships flash in front of me from nowhere, missiles appearing and bouncing around in front of me from nowhere, and yeldar appearing on the overpass on Anulpha in front of me from nowhere. Although that one turned out not to be a glitch, just yeldar.:mad: Then there are the occasions where I almost only get one weapon the whole time. First it was shield. Recently I've been getting rockets all the time. I was tricked into playing an eliminator match the other day and got zero quakes but hundreds of rockets. (Possibly not even an exaggeration if I count the three rockets at a time as the game was looong.)

Despite all this, I'm surprised that the record tables have stopped working again. Once again I'm thankful I have Connavar's site and a laptop so I can easily enter (rare) personal best times as I get them. I can't 'thumbs up' that site enough.:+:+:+

Lance
6th November 2009, 07:33 PM
Good save in getting back on topic there at the end. :D

yeldar2097
6th November 2009, 07:37 PM
Haha yeah I loved that move onto the overpass, sweet as a nut. Those were some great races...need to practice summore, tis clear.

I've had the funky weapon thing with missiles before. Sound of missile followed by "where the?!" :g

record tables = fail atm :(

Lance
6th November 2009, 07:42 PM
Is the server still down? I see that this thread was started on October 8.

yeldar2097
6th November 2009, 07:43 PM
well it's not down but the leaderboards are no longer updating (again) since the release of 2.10-ish.