PDA

View Full Version : Finally 18!

Wamdue
5th December 2002, 06:59 AM
had my 18th birthday yesterday, got a tattoo ( a chinese dragon all over the shoulder :D )

I gotta post pics of this one, im so proud of it hehehe

infoxicated
5th December 2002, 08:22 AM
Yowzer!

Happy birday man :)

Roger
5th December 2002, 10:05 AM
Congrats! (fira försiktigt!)

Hey, you can never grow too old to play WipEout, but what is the (still hypothetical) age limit for piloting an AG craft? Considering the races are held on a closed circuit, maybe 15-16 is enough, the older you get, the longer your reaction time.

xEik
5th December 2002, 12:59 PM
Lance's reply is just a question of time. :P He is 'the Senior Wiper'
He still does better than many other in the NTSC tables though. Twenty-two years of practice can never compare to his more than fifty. ;)

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Wamdue
5th December 2002, 01:16 PM
http://www.newelement.org/andreas/dragon.jpg

the tattoo! :D

and thanks for the congrats :)

infoxicated
5th December 2002, 01:19 PM
Did it hurt?

It looks like it hurts!

Nice artwork too - did you do it yourself!!? ;)

Lance
5th December 2002, 01:52 PM
nice tat, Wam!

i say that the only birthdays that matter are the ones that give you extra legal privileges, like drinking alcohol, and getting your official unrestricted driver's license, but congrats on the 18 in any case. hm... well, come to think of it, any birthday would be good if one had rich parents who gave one a Ferrari 575!

xeik, you are so right about the 'only a matter of time'

Roger, of course you were joking by implying that Wam has passed the age of suitability or skill, but naturally i must defend the rights of such ancient pilots as Wamdue and myself. i'm 59, and i'm still improving my times. of course, i only started playing videogames a bit over 2 and a half years ago. so this may be why i've seen only improvement instead of decline. it's still fun to play this game at any age, and that's the important thing.
[and it's fun to make you teens, 20-somethings, and 30-somethings really work to beat me]

no matter how many birthdays Wipeout has, the great games of the series never get old, they are still a demanding test of excellence

Mano
5th December 2002, 02:07 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!, nice tattoo Wamdue, i see the skin is still irritated, like if the dragon were "on fire". Here in peru, at 18 youre officially and adult (not that it prevents younger pepople from buying liquor btw :P), so congratulations "young man".

Wamdue
5th December 2002, 02:12 PM
thanks :) yeah that pic was taken yesterday, when the tattoo was just done.

the lines did hurt, and the filling and shading, hurted even more.

got my gf4 working now too , it boosted my 3d performance 200% :D

auslander
5th December 2002, 03:23 PM
Ah congrats and happy birthday! ^_^

sweet tat man, i've lately been wanting one and yours might be the one that pushes me into it ^_~

aus!

infoxicated
5th December 2002, 03:33 PM
Yeah - me too... I've been putting it off for ages, but it's the first picture I've seen of Andreas that I haven't been scared of! ;) :lol: :P

Might try and get one during the xmas holidays or something... :)

auslander
5th December 2002, 03:41 PM
Yeah Infox, but the question is of what?

^_~ a plan view of a feisar ship circa 2097?

an arial tetsuo logo?

the DR angryman?

so many choices! ;D

aus!

infoxicated
5th December 2002, 03:52 PM
That's been part of the problem - I could never decide what to get... the little AG systems guy is too blocky... and be realistic, can you really imagine walking into a tat parlour and asking for that... might just as well get a nike swoosh stuck beside it for cheezyness!

I did fancy an immobius strip - you know, like a never-ending circle thang... or one of those mad triangles that looks like all the sides are wrong. Older gamers with a sharp memory will have seen the thing I'm on about on the holding screen for Jet Set Willy.

I could never make my mind up about what I want, but it is something I want to do - and I want something that'll be kind of timeless, you know, something that will mean the same thing in 20 years... albeit a little blurred and saggy!

Hmmm - that should be the 2nd anniversary competition - design a tat for Foxy and he'll go and get it done. Winner gets a framed & signed render of a Wipeout ship and will be safe in the knowledge that they have caused pain and suffering!! :D

Wamdue
5th December 2002, 04:14 PM
hahaha , well, I thought about a tdr logo or an ag-ship, but.. it felt kinda wrong, sure Im a fan of wipeout.. but what about when im like 30-40 , I wouldnt want a tdr-logo or agship on my shoulder then, and Im fascinated by asian dragons. I think they look really sweet.

just dont get a 'tribal', I think those are uninspired and boring.

DJ Techno
5th December 2002, 05:10 PM
happy 18th birth day Wamdue, welcome to the party! :P

Anastasia
5th December 2002, 06:34 PM
Hey, Wam, Happy Birthday! And, wow, that's some tattoo. I think you are so brave. It looks really cool. No wonder you are so chuffed with it. Getting a tattoo is something I've been umming and ahhing about but, like infox, what to have? I'd want something small and discreet and timeless. Hey, you first fox, then I'll think about it :)

Ana :D

infoxicated
5th December 2002, 06:44 PM
Hmmm - wish I hadn't said now - if someone comes up with a cool design I'll have to go for it! ;)

DJ Techno
5th December 2002, 06:49 PM
Any body with some good pics for Infox? :P

Wamdue
5th December 2002, 06:58 PM
I think ive seen one when hes drinking beer either last summer or the summer before that, i think it was from the hotelroom he used when he was at e3 :)

DJ Techno
5th December 2002, 07:00 PM
lol, that's going to look great on his arm or back!
well from a person who already 18, and about to turn 19.
How does it feel? to be 18.

Wamdue
5th December 2002, 08:13 PM
oops!

thought you wrote "anyone with some good pics OF infox" , the pic when hes drinking beer would make a funny tattoo tho :D

xEik
5th December 2002, 08:49 PM
I fancied about having a black european winged dragon all over my back with its tail twisted along one of my arms. Maybe a gargoyle would be ok. But when I think what would I look like with that when I reach 50 (if I do) the idea becomes less interesting. :(

In fact, yesterday I decoloured my hair. It's cool when you are in your twenties but seeing some male in his fifties do that isn't that good looking.

PERFECTION IS ONLY REACHED THROUGH PERFECTION !

DJ Techno
5th December 2002, 08:50 PM
sorry I did, I changed it from a different word that didn't make sense.
Infox, do you have a picture of when you were in that state at the hotel.

xEik
5th December 2002, 08:55 PM
I want a picture of Rob's new hairstyle (Fliss®)

Synthetic Consciousness
6th December 2002, 01:01 AM
Happy birthday, Wamdue! :D Nice tattoo. 8)

[In:fox]

I can draw Celtic knotwork, and I also dabble in Shodo (Japanese calligraphy). Maybe a kanji you'd like me to paint for you? (Arial Tetsuo's name in kanji, and a knotworked version of her pilot symbol, perhaps? :P ) I'll have to beat my scanner to get it in, though...my scanner doesn't like me. :-?

Dragon
6th December 2002, 01:45 AM
Happy Birthday, man i can't wait till i'm 16 next year i'm gonna get both a car and motercycle license, and save up for the Y2K Sport Bike, its got a JET ENGINE! Price tag: $185,000
Top Speed EST: 237Mph. hey DJT we can have a street race with that :D Well, Happy Birthday and Congerats to be 18 :) I'll prolly be 18 by the time i'm in 12th grade which is 2 years away, i can't wait!

Wamdue
6th December 2002, 06:25 AM

in sweden, you need to be 18 to get a drivers license / drink alcohol

Wiseman
6th December 2002, 06:41 AM
Happy (belated) Birthday, Wamdue! :)

Glad you're enjoying your gifts from others and to yourself (I think that makes sense).

Yeah, infox is right on the tattoo thing, you better be sure it's something you'll like a loooooooong time from now. Although you *can* have them taken off.... you wouldn't want to (and you think getting one hurts).

AmigoJack
6th December 2002, 03:13 PM
congrats from me too.

nice dragon you own now. ever thought about the F7200 logo on skin? :)

auslander
6th December 2002, 03:48 PM
in sweden, you need to be 18 to get a drivers license / drink alcohol

Yikes! Who came up with that combination! :D be sure to play it safe, only pick one or the other :)

Synthetic Consciousnes: wow, if you do, i might just have to steal it for my own tat ;D

aus!

Remember kids, piloting your Car isn't like flying an agship. Bouncing off guardrails is *not* the preferred way to go through corners faster.

Synthetic Consciousness
6th December 2002, 05:31 PM
[Remeber kids, piloting your Car isn't like flying an agship. Bouncing off guardrails is *not* the preferred way to go through corners faster.]

How about scraping? :lol:

Dragon
6th December 2002, 07:27 PM
lol, Driving School is in Session :D

jmoid
7th December 2002, 12:34 PM
happy birthday mate!

(better late than never :) )

ans that's a nice tat. i'd like a tat but can't decide what to have done either, i fancied something to do with wipeout but the designs change constantly so it's hard to know what to have.

Wamdue
7th December 2002, 01:45 PM
thanks jmoid :)

xEik
7th December 2002, 05:30 PM
This leads me to think ... How old were you when you first played WipEout? Eleven?

stin
7th December 2002, 07:40 PM
Hey warmdue! sorry if I offended you I actually thought you were older than 18! :o
and lastly the tattoo you got on Thats is so cool! and alot of GUTS!

I not got one yet but still searching for the right one so I can keep it for the rest of my life!(golf reasons)

stin :D

Wamdue
7th December 2002, 10:37 PM
hehe, im not offended at all , most ppl who are reading what i write on the internet think im older than I am :wink: