PDA

View Full Version : CoLD SToRAGE HD Fury? Who's with me? Hey Tim!

AG-wolf
22nd September 2009, 12:06 PM
First off, I dunno how many others bought the initial CoLD SToRAGE HD album from Tim's website, but I did and I loved it...
purchase links:

http://www.icecubes.org.uk/store/
http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/cold-storage-hd

My only complaint was this:
"Coming back to Wipeout on Wipeout Pure was just great, and the response to my track "Onyx" gave me such renewed confidence. In fact, I’m currently working on CoLD SToRAGE HD, a 7-track album specifically written for people to use with Wipeout HD. It’s not official or endorsed, but I think people will enjoy listening to some fresh CoLD SToRAGE while they pilot on their PS3." The final album only had 6 tracks, not 7 :/

At any rate, I'd love to see another batch of music to accompany the Fury update. I can't speak for everyone, but I have personally loved all of Tim's work for and inspired-by the series... I think it actually makes the Wipeout games what they are. Granted the series has chosen very good songs from great artists out there, but I always find myself falling back to Doh T, Messij, Hakapik Murder, KinKong, Onyx, Beseitigen, etc and as a matter of fact, my exclusive WOHD playlist is nothing but CoLD SToRAGE- I genuinely can't listen to anything else while I play because it screws up my racing :P

Is anyone else here that much of a fan? Tim's been busy on that new game he was working with, so I'd imagine he's probably recuperating, but if you guys feel the same way I do- then speak up! :D I know you peruse the forums once in a while Tim, feel free to drop a note and let us (me? lol) know how likely this might be to materialize ;)

mdhay
22nd September 2009, 12:44 PM
I'd like to be able to buy it retail - wise first.:p

yeldar2097
22nd September 2009, 01:04 PM
CoLD SToRAGE = Wipeout

I'd love to see more tracks, they make my WO experience complete :)

Amorbis
22nd September 2009, 10:37 PM
I'm a fan, all the work he's done is superb. I can't decide which is my favourite though, I like the oldies from WipEout 1 such as Cairodrome and Cardinal Dance but Pure has Onyx! The soundscape of WipEout wouldn't be the same without Cold Storage's beats.

Not to say that the other artists aren't good, WipEout as a series has helped shape my taste in music a lot :).

AG-wolf
23rd September 2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, my music interests would be much different if it weren't for Wipeout, among a few other games :P

If you liked Onyx, Tim's album Android Child has an interesting remix on it:
http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/android-child

Darkdrium777
24th September 2009, 08:34 PM
Thank you AG-Wolf. That remix is awesome. :)

DawnFireDragoon
24th September 2009, 10:44 PM
Signed.

I love Cold Storage and think Wipeout needs Tim back, not just for a one off track, like Pure either (even though that one track was amazing!!!), they should get a few tracks in whatever Studio Liverpool work on next.

more tracks for Fury would be awesome. I'd buy it without hesitation.

cold storage is wipeout.

Darkdrium777
25th September 2009, 03:36 AM
That remix is still awesome.
\o\
/o/
\o/

:g

(Who has been listening to it and other music all evening? I have.) :paperbag

jed_tb
25th September 2009, 08:16 AM
i managed to locate my old saturn 2097 disk and ripped the tracks off of it for hd. awesome music - most defaintly is wipeout.

AG-wolf
25th September 2009, 10:51 AM
Jed gets bonus CoolPoints for that remark. Tim's 2097/XL soundtrack is really under appreciated since the PSX version of the game was most prominent but only had Canada and Body in Motion. Being the Saturn fan that I am, I was very pleasantly surprised when I first got my hands on an import copy of the game back in the day, only to find out the entire soundtrack was CoLD SToRAGE.

jed_tb
25th September 2009, 11:19 AM
yeh all the tracks are cold storage on the saturn version and its brilliant. i actually dont like the tracks on the ps version (shock horror) as compared to CS they dont stand up as well.

i love Messij Received , forgotten just how much that tune really sums up wipeout, until i played it last night.

AG-wolf
25th September 2009, 07:18 PM
Messij 2005 - New Science Mix (http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/track/messij-2005-new-science-mix)

Lance
25th September 2009, 08:30 PM
Love it! Outstanding track.

DawnFireDragoon
25th September 2009, 08:54 PM
agreed, great remix.

i'm also liking the new stuff from gravity crash too.

abukii
25th September 2009, 09:15 PM
Ill third that...excellent mix.

stin
25th September 2009, 09:15 PM
Messij 2005 - New Science Mix (http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/track/messij-2005-new-science-mix)

You know, that music, is now a pretty more pacer than the original Messij!

Honestly, it`s so different and honestly, I do actually love it!

stevie:eek

Lance
25th September 2009, 09:23 PM
It has a lot of energy in light and delicate, but propulsive high-frequencies.

stin
25th September 2009, 09:26 PM
Lance!, you are so right!, that the way I listened to it then! and now, I`m listening the original version!, honestly, soo different!

stevie:pc

Darkdrium777
25th September 2009, 09:50 PM
Fury-iezed mix of Cold Comfort. That would be awesome, along with Sebenco Climb.

Frances_Penfold
26th September 2009, 07:46 AM
Thanks for this threat, and especially the links to the alternate versions of Onyx and Messij :)

I think I will load some monies into PayPal this weekend and buy some of these tracks for my WipEout play lists..

stever
28th September 2009, 07:36 AM
I'd happilly pay for for new cold storage tracks for Fury. To me WipEout and CoLD SToRAGE are synonyms

Connavar
28th September 2009, 02:27 PM
Wow, the Android Child album is awesome!!

Darkdrium777
29th September 2009, 10:36 PM
Beseitigen = MASSACRE!

:D

FatScarf
4th October 2009, 08:28 PM
Am I the only person who listens to Tim's Shadow of the Beast 2 and 3 soundtracks while playing Wipeout? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WSe1v77dXY