PDA

View Full Version : Non-working leaderboards [please fix it!]

ProblemSolver
18th September 2009, 01:12 PM
I wrote the following comment on the EU Playstation Blog entry
'WipEout HD Fury Coming To Blu-ray (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/09/17/wipeout-hd-fury-coming-to-blu-ray/)'.

@Joey Payne:

I have to make serious complain about WipEout HD Fury.

Since for over two month most leaderboards (records) aren't updating anymore.
Why? We at WipeoutZone.com (the core WipEout community) follow a deep
competition which is based on a working leaderboard. You wouldn't believe it,
but a non-working leaderboard diminishes the enthusiasm of a lot of WipEout
racing fans and essentially turns down the competition.

Additionally, some leaderboards contain (known) glitched 'records'. And there
are also some 'records' on the board which can't be broken anymore since they
are the result of the so-called boost-select-boost trick (prior to version 2.0).

I (we) wanna know if STUDIO Liverpool is working on a solution and whether we
can expect any results soon?

Thanks in advance.

/PS

I hope my question isn't left unanswered.

shapealot
18th September 2009, 02:11 PM
id be happy if they just let us know that were doing something about it. i used to do SL/TT everyday now i only really race online because i have a hoard of records not updated. like you said the motivation to put in the hard work isnt as strong anymore knowing your times wont be on the official leaderboards. i think you'll all agree its nice to see your name up there with the best :rock

fingers crossed

Constrictor
18th September 2009, 02:49 PM
ACK! I added my 2 cents.

Danterich
18th September 2009, 03:20 PM
no new record uploading since almost 3 weeks( as i wrote in the bug thread)
Today i updated my PS3 FW to 3.01 and still no updating even though sync attempts entering the records menu!!!
Please SL fix this a.s.a.p.

lunar
18th September 2009, 03:52 PM
Good work PS and Constrictor. Fully signed! Let`s hope we hear something before the Blu Ray release if nothing else. If people are going to be sold the game as having a leaderboards feature (which is standard in all racing games nowadays) then the leaderboards ought to work, or at least there should be some communication as to what is happening, imho.

leungbok
18th September 2009, 04:19 PM
Additionally, some leaderboards contain (known) glitched 'records'. And there
are also some 'records' on the board which can't be broken anymore since they
are the result of the so-called boost-select-boost trick (prior to version 2.0)..

I love how here people never listen those who are experts on speedlaps when they say that BSB RECORDS CAN BE BROKEN (example : my 20.15 anulpha phantom was beaten by Ak-furtif without bsb :rolleyes:)
It really becomes boring to read all those complaints.

Darkdrium777
18th September 2009, 04:26 PM
If people are going to be sold the game as having a leaderboards feature (which is standard in all racing games nowadays) then the leaderboards ought to workThere should also be something about voice chat... Honestly it's a legit case if you say you got tricked by the advertising as them saying the game had voice chat, but really it doesn't (or does so terribly, I personally can't even use the thing as it doesn't work.)

ericd7
18th September 2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks to ask them to solve the boards problems :)

But people who use bsb spend time to perform this trick.
It's not an easy way as a glitch, they deserve their ranks!
I mean it should be rude to delete their times :?
So i would like Studio Liverpool to allow it back without the 3 seconds delay (which make it still available btw but harder to perform)

We can also see it as a way to perform much better time even after good lines on the tracks.
Personnaly i mean it adds fun :) (and i'm not good with that trick)

JJPAP
18th September 2009, 05:34 PM
Please don´t turn this thread into a thread about voice-chat or BSB :?
What PS´s saying is very important to all of us:
THE (lack of) UPDATING OF THE LEADERBOARDS!
Indeed, what´s going on in the moment is very strange: Some PB´s update straight away and some don´t (own experience). (Just to clarify: I´m talking ´bout "Multiplayer"; I understand it´s the same **** regarding other parts of the game).
I´ve got hope, though. As far as I remember, we had the same problem when HD was released. It took time, but finally our PB´s were updated.
I have fate in SL considering this as the biggest problem at the moment :)

marsko
18th September 2009, 06:04 PM
Even though ill never get a record time in anything, specially Wipeout, its annoying as hell the leaderboards not working. Im so tired of looking at my records and only seeing times from when i first got the game.
The worst thing about the whole farce, is that SL dont even bother to try to fix the problem, and dosent seem to care much about the wipeout fans.

2cent from a noob

RedScar
18th September 2009, 06:18 PM
Signed by RedScar

There is only one excuse I will accept for this, and thats SL are to busy making out next DLC

OBH
18th September 2009, 06:51 PM
I have to be honest, even though i prefer connavar and co's site a thousand million times more, the broken leaderboard has detered me massively from playing.

shallow in some ways yes, but hey ho.

I agree with PS totally :) please fix it.

leungbok
18th September 2009, 06:59 PM
While Connavar's site is working, i can live without the official's leaderboards. My ego don't needs that the wide world sees my races time, i only care about real wipeout's fans ! :banzai

Rezatron
18th September 2009, 06:59 PM
I'm entering my times on Connavar's site regardless of whether or not those times get updated. But yes, i've slowed down my TT/SL play due to this problem since I don't want alot of my records to be "lost" so to speak. Hopefully when this gets sorted all these lagging times will be accounted for!

I record all my times in a notebook before entering them in Connovar's site and i've noticed that Multiplayer Talon's Junction (all speeds) is updating fine (perhaps we can start a list?). Most others are not, i've got about 50 multiplayer records that need to be entered. The thing is you can see these MP times in your personal records but it won't give your best lap, only speed pads which makes entering those times half baked.

mic-dk
18th September 2009, 07:29 PM
I really want to update my entries on Connavars site, but I can't tell the difference between Single Player and Multiplayer races in the "Personal" tab (which seems to contain the latest records)

I fully sign the need to kickstart the update process!

JJPAP
18th September 2009, 07:37 PM
I'm entering my times on Connavar's site regardless of whether or not those times get updated.

I know what you mean; I´m doing exactly the same, hoping the problem will be solved.
BUT, although I definately trust the honest people of WO-zone, I imagine uproars in the future if it´s not possible to cross-check the records with a working SL-leaderboard.
AND: Wipers dedicating a lot of time playing WO and bettering their records deserve to get their PB´s recognized: aka They show up on the SL-leaderboards.

Wotan
18th September 2009, 07:54 PM
We must be patient . I'm sure SL will fix this problem later . The most important is to keep our motivation on beating our scores again and again . Leaderboards are just a "bonus" .

ProblemSolver
18th September 2009, 07:55 PM
What bothers me the most is that those guys and gals at SL are able to pull
the hell out of the PS3 but aren't able to maintain a leaderboard server. If
they can't maintain it, they should skew it altogether. What's the problem?
I'm fine if we could update our records to a public leaderboard server straight
out of the game. Would be cool if our records could be transmitted to
Connavar's 'Website for Global Rankings (http://wipeout-rankings.mooo.com/)', just for example.

I love how here people never listen those who are experts on speedlaps when they say that BSB RECORDS CAN BE BROKEN (example : my 20.15 anulpha phantom was beaten by Ak-furtif without bsb :rolleyes:)
It really becomes boring to read all those complaints.
And I love how people never pay attention to written English and claim to
know better. I wrote; "... there are also some 'records' on the board which
can't be broken anymore ...". Can you see the difference? kthx

leungbok
18th September 2009, 07:56 PM
@ Pbs, All can be broken !!
Sure Wotan !!

Darkdrium777
18th September 2009, 08:29 PM
You got a reply on the PlayStation European blog ProblemSolver. It appears your concern is being "communicated" to Sony Liverpool.

If only it was the same for every "concern."

Rezatron
18th September 2009, 08:44 PM
I really want to update my entries on Connavars site, but I can't tell the difference between Single Player and Multiplayer races in the "Personal" tab (which seems to contain the latest records)

It's a moot point, even if you knew which were the SR and MP times you still won't know the 'best lap' needed for entering MP times as this screen only shows the number of speed pads hit in a race.

karsten_beoulve
18th September 2009, 09:04 PM
personally i've seen all my laps updating in the leaderboards.... with no interruption in the last weeks too...

in any case i hope SL fix it for everybody.

ProblemSolver
18th September 2009, 09:20 PM
@leungbok: Yeah like the 2000+ zone 'record' on Anulpha Pass. There might be
a day where I'm able to do 2000 zones, in theory. xD leungbok, you seem to be
one of the best Speed Lapper around, aren't you? So I'll give you (or anyone
who is interested) four weeks to prove me wrong, to prove that all these BSB
records can be beaten without BSB or any derivatives thereof. Four weeks are
not enough? Well, then tell me how many weeks you need? But keep it a 1-digit
figure.

@DD777: Yeah let us wait a bit more. :guitar

@karsten_beoulve: The leaderboard partially updates, but it doesn't update as
a whole. Some track are fine others are not.

karsten_beoulve
18th September 2009, 09:23 PM
oh, now i undertstand, guess i was TTing in the right tracks then :)

leungbok
19th September 2009, 06:34 AM
@leungbok: Yeah like the 2000+ zone 'record' on Anulpha Pass. There might be
a day where I'm able to do 2000 zones, in theory. xD leungbok, you seem to be
one of the best Speed Lapper around, aren't you? So I'll give you (or anyone
who is interested) four weeks to prove me wrong, to prove that all these BSB
records can be beaten without BSB or any derivatives thereof. Four weeks are
not enough? Well, then tell me how many weeks you need? But keep it a 1-digit
figure.

No four weeks are not enough, simply because i can't play atm (too much work). But i'll have more time after christmas, and i'll give a try on bsb races. But it's possible too that guys like Pirahpac, Eric7dm, Ak-furtif or Xbarnsternx already beats those times. Kanar too is one of the best speedlapers and he can be trusted when he says that the gain for bsb is 15/20 hundreths. I don't know any top pilot who did a really perfect lap on any track, and we find new stuffs practically everyday, new brs, better lines or boost locations...

Frances_Penfold
19th September 2009, 06:49 AM
Hope that this gets resolved in the not-too-distant future-- really frustrating for WOHD to support online leaderboards but then not have them actually updated :frown:

Really I am generally really pleased with Sony's support of the Wipeout franchise-- the exceptions being (1) the leaderboard issues; and (2) failure to release DLC to North America. I am guessing that both issues are partly out of Studio Liverpool's control.

AppleJack
19th September 2009, 08:27 AM
Hopefully the developers will have the leaderboard situation resolved soon. It is kind of annoying to see personal bests on the leaderboards that I've long since beaten still up there.

For now I'll still play as I love the game and still have some things to try to accomplish without working leaderboards (finishing campaigns, Zone Zeus, Zico, etc).

XBARNSTERX
19th September 2009, 08:27 AM
Its true that bsb times are beatable. i've beat a good few of my personal bests since fury with the new ships, and a few with with hd icaras on the lower classes.. As for the top phantom times, myself personally i wont be able to better them, but the pilots that made them are certainly more than capable.

As for the leaderboards, i think its only a question of time before they are fixing. Be patient:beer

leungbok
19th September 2009, 08:52 AM
Hopefully the developers will have the leaderboard situation resolved soon. It is kind of annoying to see personal bests on the leaderboards that I've long since beaten still up there.

For now I'll still play as I love the game and still have some things to try to accomplish without working leaderboards (finishing campaigns, Zone Zeus, Zico, etc).

Yes, off course if a leaderboard exists, it must works perfectly. But it's not a major motivation for me. I just want to do the best lap or race possible, that's all (i know it's the same for at least Wotan & Pirahpac), no matters the rank.
As an example i'm not satisfied with my phantom laptime on talon junction reverse despite it's a rank 1. I didn't perform all i wanted to on this attempt. At the opposite i'm very satisfied of my phantom laptime on talon forward, even if i was beaten, because i did the lap i wanted to do on this track. As for moa reverse, i succeeded on the huge shortcut, but i don't like it, so i invalidated my lap, i prefer my laptime with a boost/br on the magstrip, it was more fun and more in control !
I enjoy TT and speedlaps sessions for the speed feelings, just because wipeout is about that ! And you, what do you think guys ? Leaderboard's not the main feature in the game, no ?
Leaderboards can be a usefull clue on which times can be possible to achieve, but that's all 8)

Constrictor
19th September 2009, 12:35 PM
IMO the Leaderboard is one specific problem currently used to pinpoint the more general annoyance of WO: Lack of communication by developers and/or publishers. Is it 'yes, we're aware of this <problem/bug> and we're going to fix it' or 'Hey, this is our proposal to <issue/community building effort> we think might help' or 'Plz give feedback on <whatever>'. Other developers (mostly 3rd party?) are really responsive on issues and eager to know what the community has in mind. Examples for me are SoldnerX w/ a dedicated forum (I play that) and I think Fat Princess (I do not play that) w/ a dev-blog.

And I'm totally aware that I (we) do not own a support contract on WipEout to get things fixed in 72 hours. On the other hand it would be so easy with so less effort to get really value out of us - for free.

lunar
19th September 2009, 03:45 PM
Connavar`s site is for hardcore players, it is awesome for the most enthusiastic players, but it does not replace the in-game leaderboard that we are used to seeing in this generation of games. A lot of more "casual" players wouldn`t want to enter their results manually onto an external site. They wouldn`t be interested in that, but they would expect and enjoy to see their worldwide ranking if that feature is offered. That`s possibly the strongest reason why the leaderboards should work if they are going to exist at all. As PS says, if you can`t make them work then ditch them.

At the moment I`m playing car racing games and will be perfectly happy with any ranking at all, and I would expect the games` leaderboard features to work, but I would never ever enter my times on external site. I like to see my ranking but I don`t care that much. This doesn`t mean I should just say "hey ho whatever" if the leaderboards in these games are broken (which they are not) and that the developers shouldn`t have to bother if the leaderboards (an offered feature of the game) don`t work.

I don`t share the optimism of those who think something will be done. There have been constant leaderboard issues since the launch of Pulse, and they became much worse with the launch of HD a year ago now. After a while I think we probably have to let go of the idea that anything will be done, for whatever reason. Just how long can anyone keep believing a fix will happen for the various issues when there is no evidence it will happen?

KGB
19th September 2009, 06:44 PM
I agree with Lunar that this may not happen. I'm not sure why they will suddenly take notice of Problemsolver's message on that other forum when plenty of SL members have been viewing the threads/posts on here for months. They seem to post something when they are going to fix it, i.e the BR's, the stuttering, the accounts being screwed. This has been going on for months and no mention or acknowledgement has been given yet.

Maybe by posting on an outside forum where a lot more people visit may put some pressure on them to fix it, so I hope Problemsolver's post gets them to at least confirm that it is an issue rather than this reticence of theirs.

I agree that the Global leaderboards need to be scraped if there is no fix and the personal ones need to be sorted properly, as at the moment they are screwed as well. Soon I will have five bogus times on my own personal best so I will not be able to see what my proper time is. :?

ProblemSolver
19th September 2009, 10:15 PM
Its true that bsb times are beatable. ...
The best argument would be to actually beat these BSB times, and the discussion
would be over, don't you think? Well, but what happens if two or three of these
times can't be beaten at all?

My type of argument for removing BSB times is a community one. Imagine,
someone gets WipEout on BD and becomes very good at Speed Lap but doesn't
know anything about BSB. At a given point, after he has found 'the' ideal
line or whatsoever, he may wonder why those guys in the top3 have a sudden
'increase' in their times of about three tenth of a second. He may later
realize that they had used a trick which can't be used any longer. I wouldn't
be very pleased to hear that. And it's pretty useless to hunt for a record
which isn't based on the same rules.

Look, my ZONE records are for real. I don't need any tricks. I can repeat and
improve my records any time. If I had used any tricks I would always vote to
remove the given record EVEN IF I THINK I CAN BEAT THE GIVEN RECORD
WITHOUT USING THE TRICK. That's what I call fairness.

Anyways, I hope SL will have a proper solution. Last but not least, I'm not
against BSB etc., it's cool to do such tricks. ;) But if it comes to the
leaderboard then fairness should have the highest priority.

... After a while I think we probably have to let go of the idea that anything will be done, for whatever reason. Just how long can anyone keep believing a fix will happen for the various issues when there is no evidence it will happen?
We don't need any evidence. It's simple; SL claims to have a high profile
Q&A process. If this is true, then they have to admit that a part of the
game (the leaderboard) isn't working as expected and that they are going to
fix it. That's it. And fixing the leaderboard isn't any rocket science.

... Maybe by posting on an outside forum where a lot more people visit may put some pressure on them to fix it, so I hope Problemsolver's post gets them to at least confirm that it is an issue rather than this reticence of theirs.
I wanted to have this thread up before, but I just waited for Sony's
announcement of 'WipEout HD Fury Coming To Blu-ray'. Contrary to our
message-board each comment on the Playstation Blog is read by an official
Sony employee. And if someone makes a serious complain about a product he
bought from Sony (WipEout HD Fury in this case) then it's good business to
give an answer to it.

XBARNSTERX
19th September 2009, 11:58 PM
've beat a good few of my personal bests since fury with the new ships, and a few with with hd icaras on the lower classes.

argument over.

I do agree with what you say PS, that its a trick not everyone knows or will ever know about. The records should be scraped and refreshed, i've said this in the bsb threads.
Zone scores are seriously messed up because there is no way of bettering them , so i see your anger against those ridiculously scores.

As Leungbok said the top speed lappers know the times can be beaten, because they have done so. This is where the clash of views are and that cant be helped.

Anyway i hope that if there isnt a fix/wipe then they should be taken out of the game and speed lap sessions should be merely used as practice for yourself(which is what they are anyway) but saying that without the boards people will never know what time are/ can be achieved , bsb free or not.

Reezy
20th September 2009, 12:12 AM
Can I get a clarification regarding BSB times. Are they beatable with the current system of delayed BSB, or without using any BSB whatsoever? ie. if the reset boost option was removed completely, would all speed lap records still be capable of being beaten? Would any?

OBH
20th September 2009, 12:55 AM
depends on the track. vk and ub are 2 examples.
its importance does get overstated in ways though, times are still being beat.

leungbok
20th September 2009, 07:28 AM
My type of argument for removing BSB times is a community one. Imagine,
someone gets WipEout on BD and becomes very good at Speed Lap but doesn't
know anything about BSB. At a given point, after he has found 'the' ideal
line or whatsoever, he may wonder why those guys in the top3 have a sudden
'increase' in their times of about three tenth of a second. He may later
realize that they had used a trick which can't be used any longer. I wouldn't
be very pleased to hear that. And it's pretty useless to hunt for a record
which isn't based on the same rules.

Look, my ZONE records are for real. I don't need any tricks. I can repeat and
improve my records any time. If I had used any tricks I would always vote to
remove the given record EVEN IF I THINK I CAN BEAT THE GIVEN RECORD
WITHOUT USING THE TRICK. That's what I call fairness.

Fairness ??? I don't see the problem if a player keeps his tricks for himself and don't share with anybody. In all sports, aces have their little secrets (particular training...). Ingenuity makes part of the skills of the bests !!

This is for my opinion about that !!

Second point :
Pirahpac (the inventor of bsb) and i, SHARED FROM THE BEGINNING THE DISCOVERY OF BSB (and lot of other tricks :rolleyes: ) !!! So if a newcomer very good at speedlaps appears and is unable to find this place or at least to type "WIPEOUT HD speedlaps" on youtube, i can't help him !! lol.

Now people wants to know everything without searching by themselves, or succeed in things without efforts.
It sucks IMO ! How can people be proud of their achievements if they always count on others and never realises anything by themselves ? :blarg

And look, all our speedlap records are for real too !! I'll never vote for removing records obtained with skills, even if less good pilots can't perform some tricks (fortunately :rolleyes:), they have to train hard or give up ! A top ten world ranking deserves efforts, that's all !!

Problemsolver, That's great if you can beat your zone records anytime ! :clap
I'm unable to do it on tt/sl. I know i can improve my pb, but it may takes hours or weeks.
Can you improve too your speedlap records that easily ? You were recently working on tech de ra, no ? Atm, you must be close to 21.00, there's no bsb problems to solve there !
Just in case and for fairness, here's a link with a last lap on tdr, i used the same technique for my rank 2 ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXAwRo-KK5Y

superpj1
20th September 2009, 12:22 PM
@ Pbs, All can be broken !!
Sure Wotan !!

all records on all speedclasses (including venom) can be beaten without bsb :?: are you sure ?

leungbok
20th September 2009, 01:03 PM
I'm sure for phantom class. I don't know for the others, it's possible that bsb was used on more tracks than in phantom. But there's also more br opportunities (like shapealot on tdr reverse-venom or phaeton on anulpha venom) so it can maybe compensates. Boost/br at the start of a lap are really easier on low speedclasses than in phantom, so there's hope i believe. Maybe a specialist on lower speedclasses will gives his opinion (Xbarn, ;), what do you think ?) !

Rezatron
20th September 2009, 01:33 PM
I just set the #2 world record on Multiplayer Ubermall Flash (1.51.xx). I just needed to write that in this thread :p... it better update!

XBARNSTERX
20th September 2009, 03:00 PM
Yes they all can be beaten.
Jf messaged me saying he'd beaten his anulpha venom record without bsb. Anulpha reverse can certainly be bettered, a possible 8 brs on that track but tricky to do.
Metropia reverse on venom and flash can be beaten, possible 6brs on that track,
Ubermall has been beaten on venom,flash.and rapier.
Vineta k i'm not sure about , i havent gave that a try yet. Sames goes for vineta k reverse.
Akfurtif earned top spot on phantom on that track which shows it can be done on phantom.(vineta k forward)
Moas been beaten,
metropia forward can be beaten,
ubermall reverse on venom and flash has bean beaten

Think thats it , they can be beaten. I've said yet again:?

This threads gone of topic slightly

ProblemSolver
20th September 2009, 03:10 PM
Fairness ??? I don't see the problem if a player keeps his tricks for himself and don't share with anybody.

You got me wrong. I meant, like I have written, fairness in the sense that
everyone plays under the same rules. So there are times on the leaderboard
which do not comply to the current rules of the game. And it isn't of any
interest whether 'you' can break these BSB times or not.

Problemsolver, That's great if you can beat your zone records anytime ! :clap
I'm unable to do it on tt/sl. I know i can improve my pb, but it may takes hours or weeks.
Can you improve too your speedlap records that easily ? You were recently working on tech de ra, no ? Atm, you must be close to 21.00, there's no bsb problems to solve there !
Watch Connavar's page. ;) I'm down to 21:55 with Feisar, and I can do a 21:45.
Sure, I can do better using Icaras and or Harimau, but I don't want to. My one
and only issue is pulling all those barrel rolls. I did only two on TDR for
my current record. I simply haven't spent 300h+ into Speed Lap to be quick
enough on the barrel rolls. I'm still questioned how you pull the one over the
little crest (within the downhill section) on TDR? Are you using the analog
stick or not? Likewise with Talon's Junction Reverse, where I did a 21:96 on
Feisar with only one BR. If I could pull the second one more consistently then
this should be enough for rank 1 (21.72 your time). So I'm not a Speed Lap
guys just yet, but I can be fast, and I lack only the BR-thing to essentially
catch some of you guys up there. :) I think you did 2 BRs on TJ Rev. and 3 or
4 in TDR. One BRs more on TDR and I will even get your time (21.01) riding
a Feisar. :P So teach me how to do the one over the little crest. I tried virtually
everything like nose up/down, sideshift + nose up/down, ..., but nothing.
I guess, I'm simply not fast enough doing the BR-LRL/RLR sequence.

yeldar2097
20th September 2009, 03:40 PM
The BR you're talking about is impossible...unless you're leungbok ;)

My success rate - 0% :lol

Back on track: This thread is SO necessary :+

What I don't understand is why some tracks update almost instantly and some don't update at all....

RobCoxy
20th September 2009, 03:51 PM
The BR you're talking about is impossible...unless you're leungbok

My success rate - 0%

Most of the BR's some of you pull off are bloody impossible! ;)

And Rezatron, I was SOOOO close to getting a 1:49 on MP Ubermall Flash earlier in the week, but i went and fell off the track which lost me around 3 seconds :(! BTW, i dont think that track's board updates... :?

ProblemSolver
20th September 2009, 04:01 PM
@yeldar2097: 0%? lol
Does he use another input device? Doesn't sound like a DS3 judging
from the video. But what ever he uses, he is about three times faster
pulling the rolls than I do. xD

... What I don't understand is why some tracks update almost instantly and some don't update at all....
You may perhaps get a trophy solving this puzzle.

yeldar2097
20th September 2009, 04:18 PM
I think leungBRbok uses pad and motion for pitch(am i right?).
He's just REALLY REALLY fast with his fingers. Like, REALLY fast.

ProblemSolver
20th September 2009, 04:24 PM
Didn't he played Pulse as crazy as HD? xD Was a good training for the
BRs, I guess. No?

XBARNSTERX
20th September 2009, 05:18 PM
@Rezatron, ubermall updates so your ok.
metropia, chenghou, sebenco, anulpha dont , both forward and reverse.
the reverse of the fury tracks dont update.
And two of the pure four dont update, think syncopia and pro tozo. if not pro tozo then its mallavo

leungbok
20th September 2009, 05:24 PM
Yes yeldar, i use the directional pad (i play the old school way since the first wipeout) and motion control (pitch only) at 100%, and yes it's a ds3. For the sound i don't know, maybe the triggers (lot of sideshifts^^) or my cam sound.
Pbs, for my talon's junction reverse i only performed one br for my 21.72. I can do an other br but this one is hard, i work on it to improve this time some day.

ProblemSolver
20th September 2009, 06:50 PM
One BR seem more appropriate when considering your time on TJ Rev., right. I
can do three BRs on TJ Rev.; one when going into the loop, one when going out
of the loop down the straight using the boost, and one out of last corner (never
saw anyone performing this one). But I currently don't know whether the second
one is worth a thing. The first two are easy, even I can do it! xD Only the last
one is a bit more difficult but nothing against the one on TDR. A 21:5x should be
possible for me on a Feisar using the first BR (with boost) and the third one out
of last corner. But tell me, how man BRs have you done for your current record
(21:01) on TDR?

@SL: Please fix the leaderboard, ASAP! (on topic again xD)

superpj1
20th September 2009, 07:06 PM
And two of the pure four dont update, think syncopia and pro tozo. if not pro tozo then its mallavo

Maybe some tracks update or not according to the number of entries they have (too many entries = update failure) ? Or other explanation, maybe the records are not updated when the server is overloaded. Maybe they need faster servers.

leungbok
20th September 2009, 08:38 PM
One BR seem more appropriate when considering your time on TJ Rev., right. I
can do three BRs on TJ Rev.; one when going into the loop, one when going out
of the loop down the straight using the boost, and one out of last corner (never
saw anyone performing this one). But I currently don't know whether the second
one is worth a thing. The first two are easy, even I can do it! xD Only the last
one is a bit more difficult but nothing against the one on TDR. A 21:5x should be
possible for me on a Feisar using the first BR (with boost) and the third one out
of last corner. But tell me, how man BRs have you done for your current record
(21:01) on TDR?

@SL: Please fix the leaderboard, ASAP! (on topic again xD)

4 br are possible on talon's rev : first one using the boost at the begining (nose up and turn while br-ing - hard to control but cool to do when you don't touch the wall). And the 3 other br you're talking about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6bNFt2E6zc ;))

I did the same brs as on my video for tech de ra (my ghost is 21.01) = 4 (another one is possible to perform at the end to crush the 21.00 barrier, but hard to do because of the last chicane).

Lance
20th September 2009, 09:36 PM
The piloting techniques should be discussed in some other thread, preferably one about piloting techniques. ;)

karsten_beoulve
21st September 2009, 06:43 AM
I just set the #2 world record on Multiplayer Ubermall Flash (1.51.xx). I just needed to write that in this thread :p... it better update!

i was in that race! there was no chance to catch you! :clap
i ended 3rd IIRC with my best time too

novide
22nd September 2009, 07:19 AM
I hope SL will fix it soon. I am not so fast, but the leaderboard is a good
motivation for me, to become better...

ProblemSolver
22nd September 2009, 03:14 PM
Thx that some of you guys made also a post about this topic on the PS Blog.

We will keep them on their toes!

G-Hob
22nd September 2009, 06:56 PM
Is it normal for the top 10 times on a track to be the obvious result of glitches where no speed pads were hit and the total time is less than a nimute for a 4-lap race?

I noticed that on one track last night.

yeldar2097
22nd September 2009, 07:00 PM
No, lots of the single race times are messed. Pretty much all of them in fact.
There are a couple of speed lap/time trial times that are buggered but nowhere near
as many. All the rest (AFAIK) is fine except for the obvious Anulpha Pass zone scores...

All I can say is: thank **** for Connavar's site.

ProblemSolver
23rd September 2009, 06:37 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the leaderboard issue is 'out of hand' of SL, in
the same vein as the account problem last time around;

... we believe we have a fix for the problem with logging in with certain accounts.

We know this one has been going on for a long time and apologise for that, but it has involved quite a lot of work by many people some of whom from outside of Studio Liverpool. A real team effort. ...

blackwiggle
23rd September 2009, 08:22 AM
It's not just the leader boards not updating.

If you check your personal records you will find that not all times are being kept on your console.

For instance,say you had 4 progressively better times for TT or SL on one particular track at say Phantom speed.
Those four different times should be kept on the console in personal records,if you go back a day or so later and look at the times you will possibly find only 1 or 2 of those time still recorded,the others would of disappeared, and it will be almost certain that the event times on your console that show this happening to them are the ones that are not updating with the online records.

superpj1
24th September 2009, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the leaderboard issue is 'out of hand' of SL
I hope you're wrong but it's impossible to know without any communication from SL :( still no reply from the PSN Blog (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/09/17/wipeout-hd-fury-coming-to-blu-ray/comment-page-2/#comment-25257) ...

jimsin
24th September 2009, 07:25 PM
Just chipping in my opinion here.

I'm always raving on to everybody about how Wipeout HD/Fury is the best racing game EVER. Giving it 10/10 ratings etc - but everything hinges on the competetive aspect. I spent about two hours last night trying to shave 3/10ths of a second from one of my SL times - there's just no point if the records don't update.

I also find the wall of silence on the subject really upsetting. If there's a fix in place, then that's great - I'll look forward to it.

If there's never likely to be one, then I think I've probably reached a point with Wipeout where there's no point in continuing to play.

In either case I think it's only fair to be informed one way or the other.

Am really pleased to see more of a fuss being kicked up about this, and sincerely hope that somebody can find it within themselves to provide a definitive answer shortly. I think we all deserve one.

ProblemSolver
24th September 2009, 08:51 PM
I think we should give him, Joey Payne from the PS Blog, a bit more time to
respond. But one and a half week should be enough, so I will write another
entry on the PS Blog if there isn't any answer on Monday the 28th of September.

DrMannevond
24th September 2009, 10:10 PM
This is kinda off topic, but on the playstation blog presentation of the BD-version it says "28 reversible tracks". Shouldn't that be 12 reversible tracks and four zone-only tracks? (Or are they actually adding a shitload of new tracks? Me thinks not.) Only mentioning it here cause I can't be bothered to register at the playstation-blog to moan about it.:D

On-topic : :mad::mad: FIX IT! How hard can it be to get a few numbers from my PS3 to your servers? I've lost count of how many PB's I've set and never seen again! Also - is it so god damned hard to say "We're working on it"?, or if you're not "Sorry, but can't be bothered due to "insert lame excuse involving either money or Sony or both"."
Playing wipeout HD nowadays is like playing BF2 a few years back. Every patch would fix a few problems and create a bunch of new ones. (But at least they kept people up to date on their progress!)
And finally, a (pre-emptive) disclaimer : WipEout HD is still the best damn game on the PS3, that's why I get so pissed every time there's something wrong with it:D

blackwiggle
25th September 2009, 10:27 AM
Well Paul Tweedle, the current SL man in charge who visits this forum hasn't visited here since 14th of August, which I presume was a cursory look at what was being said about FURY 3 weeks after it's release [SL WO staff went on holiday straight after FURY went live].

Even though just before going on holiday he did mention that they will look at fixing the records problems on their return,I find this a rather long absence and it has me worried that this records problem might end up being perpetual,if true to previous form he would of at least given [posted] some inkling on the current state of the fix from their end.

I might ask another forum member here to shoot off a email to their SL contact and see what the current state of staffing is on the Wipeout front ,any further work on the Wipeout series might of been put on ice for all we know.

KIGO1987
25th September 2009, 10:43 AM
There always the other 3 SL empoyees here on this forum you could try contacting as well.

JJPAP
25th September 2009, 10:57 AM
Ubermall updates ...
Metropia, Chenghou, Sebenco, Anulpha don´t, both forward and reverse.
the reverse of the fury tracks don´t update.

So 12 tracks don´t update, right?
The rest do?

(I´m asking, ´cause I have to do some rankings based on Conna´s site before a Team Nordic-tourny - quite hard if it´s impossible to see your PB on these 12 tracks ..... thinking, thinking, thinking ...)

XBARNSTERX
25th September 2009, 01:39 PM
Its twelve race tracks that don't update yes. Plus two of the zone tracks:blarg

tug_14
25th September 2009, 04:51 PM
well, ide like ton known if S.Liverpool said something about this F.....g update and why it doesn't work ?
How database is working ? and how is it updating ? Who host the database server ?
and WHY S.Liverpool say nothing since few weeks ( except Blue ray news )

will have to wait release of blue ray version to get some answer or solution about this ?

COLIN , where are u ?

Effedieffe
25th September 2009, 05:05 PM
It seems that they have a chronic issue regarding leaderboards, last year they reset all Pulse rankings to eradicate erranous times (see here (http://www.wipeout-game.com/html/content/Article?contentID=129)).
I don't understand how people able to create amazing worlds and physics simulations crash with simple math operations, it's like a scientist unable to do 1+1! :dizzy

Dark_Phantom_89
25th September 2009, 05:22 PM

You're joking!? I've just got a Global Rank of 5th on Tech De Ra Reverse, Venom, and now I'll never see it on the leaderboards? :(

Lance
25th September 2009, 06:43 PM
COLIN , where are u ?

Colin is not involved in this; it's the responsibility of Paul Tweedle and possibly a few others.

Darkdrium777
25th September 2009, 06:52 PM
Well where are the others? It's been like two weeks now (Not counting the two months before ProblemSolver posted on the PS Blog) and we have no reply or even information if the problem is acknowledged (and worked on or not.)

If SL abandons their game for a reason or another, well I'm gonna do just the same. :/
I pretty much stopped playing WipEout HD now... There's only one small step left. Step that I will probably make whenever Uncharted 2 or Borderlands come out.

blackwiggle
25th September 2009, 07:45 PM
I'm the same.
Apart from four races on the 13th I haven't played wipeout for nearly 2 months

Aeroracer
26th September 2009, 01:55 AM
Studio Liverpool...............Please fix leaderboards I have fast times but they wont appear:nod:nod:nod

Frances_Penfold
26th September 2009, 07:35 AM
It's a damn shame that WOHD leaderboards aren't being maintained :(

I think though that this showcases the problems with "official" leaderboards that are created by publishers/developers. They NEVER work in the long term because they are (1) prone to cheating; (2) aren't updated regularly; and (3) inevitably taken down. Game publishers aren't particularly motivated to keep leaderboards running because it doesn't affect their financial bottom line.

That's what's great about the WOZ time trial boards-- as well as boards maintained by enthusiasts for other video games. I guess my question for y'all is, why not record their your times here on the website?

mic-dk
26th September 2009, 08:31 AM
I happily use Connavars fine site, only I mainly play MP online and there's no way to distinguish between Single Race and MP records in the 'Personal' tab. The Personal tab seems to record at least some of my PBs, but I don't know if they're all there.

sh1kamaru-
26th September 2009, 10:44 AM
Well where are the others? It's been like two weeks now (Not counting the two months before ProblemSolver posted on the PS Blog) and we have no reply or even information if the problem is acknowledged (and worked on or not.)

If SL abandons their game for a reason or another, well I'm gonna do just the same. :/
I pretty much stopped playing WipEout HD now... There's only one small step left. Step that I will probably make whenever Uncharted 2 or Borderlands come out.

Same here :(

It's been 3 weeks now since I work very far from home so I don't have much time to play, but also to care about my family and do everything I can't do during the week, but I see nothing has changed since my departure I'm feeling disappointed :(

I thought about taking my ps3 with me to be able to play more, but from what I see I don't think I will, I have much better to do, like contributing in some open source projects, it may not work as expected sometimes too, but at least I can see why and send a patch if I'm able to solve the issue...

@Frances_Penfold : There's a major issue with those community leaderboards : they're based on the official leaderboard. Apart from that you have no way to prove your score is genuine. I made a proposal to be able to link a picture to a time (not necessarily hosted on the website itself, could just be an additional field in the records table in the database) but I got no reply for this. Some people may put fake records on the website and you'll have no way to see if it's fake or not.

That will happen sooner or later, it has happened on scorehero.com for the song Through the fire and flames from guitar hero 3, but as people could link pictures and/or videos to prove they've really achieved their score, it was easy to identify the cheaters and remove their scores from the leaderboard.

I won't make yet another wipeout leaderboard site, I wouldn't have time to maintain it and it would sound like reinventing the wheel to me

leungbok
26th September 2009, 01:36 PM
Some records on the official leaderboards are also bugged ones (SR, moa TT/phantom ...) so they're not more legitimate than those on Connavar's site.
Off course some can enters fake times. But we have the possibility of picturesand videos, or for TT/SL uploading some ghosts on El habib's website (at least when they aren't bugged :rolleyes:).
But i usually trust those who enters times on Connavar's site :)

blackwiggle
26th September 2009, 03:56 PM
It's mainly people from here and Wipeout Arena that use Connavars site.

For the most part they are all diehard Wipeout players who know how pointless it would be to put in incorrect times,as most people know each other and what general skill level each is at.

So I think his sites records would be the most realistic by a large margin.

Matt_XIII_67
26th September 2009, 09:23 PM
Connavar's site is excellent but there are too many missing records since the ingame leaderboard is down. Currently I'm n°1 of the overall zone ranking but I'm sure it's not my real position because some players (including some very good ones) don't update their records.
I really hope it'll be fixed soon.

Darkdrium777
27th September 2009, 03:49 AM
meh.

How about an update?

Amorbis
27th September 2009, 03:23 PM
I got the synchronising records message today when I viewed my times, the first time I've seen it in over a month. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but it's best to let everyone know. For all I know it's just a red herring :(.

In the time the leaderboards haven't updated I've improved on all of my times, very annoying indeed.

yeldar2097
27th September 2009, 03:39 PM
Probably a false alarm amorb, I get that message EVERY time I check my records and EVERY time I return from the records to the main menu.

The game is taunting me, I can feel it. "Synchronising Records" my arse :P

Reezy
27th September 2009, 05:25 PM
I went online for first time in a while yesterday and got the update 2.0 notice again.
This was before even the main menu had loaded, and I only get sychornisingnow whenever I have offline records to update (as it should be).

Darkdrium777
28th September 2009, 01:03 PM
[Portal Turret Voice]Are you still here?[/Portal Turret Voice]

The silence is deafening...

Dark_Phantom_89
28th September 2009, 10:30 PM
Any idea if the leaderboards update at all? My old records from tracks are there, but my new ones aren't. Will the leaderboards eventually update and include them in a few weeks time, for example?

Rezatron
28th September 2009, 11:02 PM
Refer below for what's updating and not.

Aeroracer
29th September 2009, 12:13 AM
cant someone email the programmers who visit this site nd ask them to fix the leaderboard..im sure they would do it if asked...kindly:)

ProblemSolver
29th September 2009, 01:38 AM
Better not, because I think there are already some persons here that do
PN-bomb the SL guys. xD And from the perspective of an SL guy it becomes
annoying to get 'hundreds' of PNs only because (s)he is working for that
company. It's better do complain out in the public as long as possible. If
you like, write an entry in the PS Blog, since you can be assured that this
entry will be read by someone working for Sony.

Darkdrium777
29th September 2009, 01:54 AM
Woo, and then nothing will happen.

:+ Customer Care :+

ProblemSolver
29th September 2009, 02:28 AM
Could be true, but I don't think so. It depends on how you ask. It's much more
difficult (for Sony, for the Product Manager, i.e. Joey Payne) to neglect an
entry when this entry is written in a more seriouse way.

Joey Payne wrote;

... Honestly, i dont know the answer to this, so i have asked some of the
fantastic guys at Studio Liverpool to help me

Should have an answer for you soon ...
The important thing for me is whether he is true to his words or not.

And if SL fails to solve the issue, for whatever reason, then this thread is
the documentation of their inability to do so. That's it.

Darkdrium777
29th September 2009, 02:55 AM
How soon is soon anyways?
Two weeks? Three weeks? One other month? Two months?
We're nearing two weeks, and a critical game feature advertised as supported is still not working (Not counting the months before you posted on the blog either), and again we have strictly no information on whether it will be fixed or not. Now that wouldn't be the first time (Voice chat... enough said) but it would be the first time something working was broken and never fixed.
I personally don't care so much about the leaderboards but this situation is the perfect illustration of the issue I had highlighted some time ago in a very long thread I had made.

The issue is that there is little to no communication from Sony/Sony Liverpool to the fans and the media about one of the oldest franchises ever on the PlayStation family of consoles. Not only is WipeOut one of the oldest, it is also one of the greatest, and to have it treated in such a way by the corporate staff is simply mind numbing.

I think it's a fair question to ask: "Why can't you talk to us more?"

Now I've been over at the Borderlands forums for a while, and holy **** do they have the wheel spinning. There are news articles and gameplay footage from a **** ton of sources being posted on the forums every other day, the devs are numerous and registered on the forums (The president of Gearbox Software is posting FFS, the president!), and the creative director has a twitter account and is answering questions of the fans today the whole day!
Worst (or best, depends on the point of view) of all, Borderlands is a fresh new IP. It's not an established franchise, it's brand new, and look at the buzz!
Just think about comparing this with the situation for WipEout HD... You'll immediately understand there is no comparison.

So, again I ask: "Why the silence? Why the secrecy? Why not getting the word out to more media outlets?"

I understand that Borderlands is a significantly larger game than WipEout HD, but really this game needs a big boost and I feel now more than ever that it's quietly being shoved aside and into the cemetery.

Frances_Penfold
29th September 2009, 04:57 AM
Are we really comparing PR tactics of a relatively small, multi-platform, third party developer (Gearbox) with those of a first party developer that is managed by a multinational corporation (Studio Liverpool)? That doesn't seem realistic. As far as first party developers go, Studio Liverpool seems remarkably open and communicative-- much more so than Nintendo internal studios, for example.

I strongly suspect that fixing the leaderboards is at least somewhat outside of what Studio Liverpool has control over-- just like I am sure that SL would have wanted DLC for Pulse released in North America.

Darkdrium777
29th September 2009, 03:56 PM
My point still stands that the communication from Sony (Not saying Sony Liverpool specifically, it's not their fault like I said in that other thread) regarding one of the oldest and best franchise on their platform is virtually zero.
If you want, I can compare to Guerrila and Killzone 2, Naughty Dog and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Insomniac and Rachet and Clank Future: a Crack in Time... All first party developers (Or comparable to first parties in the case of Naughty Dog and Insomniac) working exclusively with Sony.
Comparing with who or what doesn't change the fact that this issue has been in place for two months, and almost two weeks out from ProblemSolver's post on the PlayStation Blog we still don't even have the faintest of ideas if this will ever be solved or not.
Is it outside of Sony Liverpool's control? Yeah probably. It still has to be fixed, no matter if you have got to go and see God up in the heavens before you can even attempt fixing it or not.

KGB
29th September 2009, 04:25 PM
Well I couldn't resist and have put my name on there as well. Probably won't do any good but it's better than doing nothing.

Rezatron
30th September 2009, 11:16 PM
Just got the #1 MP time on Anulpha Pass Rapier (1.39.51). I needed to announce this somewhere as my girl doesn't seem to care but I know you guys do... or not. ;)

Here's hoping all these times in limbo will update when/if this gets sorted!

IH8YOU
1st October 2009, 04:24 AM
DD777 - FYI the voice chat DID work in the 1.XX days - I know, I used it back then!

So that's two things broken and not fixed.

Factor in the return of (although MUCH less frequent) mini freezes - and we've got 3.

Fury makes 4 things. (okay, so maybe I'm in the far minority with that last statement).

I don't demand any answers that would violate their NDA, TOS or otherwise jeopardize their employment - but at the same time - if I adopted the communication scheme of SL/Sony - I'd have been out of a job long ago myself.

blackwiggle
1st October 2009, 08:05 AM
Is the Wipeout crew that developed FURY still in place?

Are any further progress of Wipeout HD/FURY under development?

Colin Berry has not be in charge of any Wipeout project since the initial release of HD.

Paul Tweedle took over this post in April this year,[that's when he joined this forum]
Paul has not visited this forum since the 14th of August.

I think we have been left to rot IMHO.

leungbok
1st October 2009, 08:34 AM
We can imagine they're still on hollydays, now that Fury is released and the brd ready to hit the stores. I'm still confident that all the issues online will be fixed soon. Good things about wipeout Hd are coming, a blue-ray on shops means more players online (and 3 or 4 new bling brigade threads here ;)), wipeout hd in 3D seems to be confirmed and a new dlc seems totally possible with new modes and 8 tracks, HD contents should equals the psp's games.
This thread needed some optimism i think :P

karsten_beoulve
1st October 2009, 09:33 AM
i too, think that everything will get fixed by the BR-disc release...

also beside new tracks i hope they'll bring back the 2 missing teams, van uber and tigron :)

lunar
1st October 2009, 09:43 AM
It seems that they have a chronic issue regarding leaderboards, last year they reset all Pulse rankings to eradicate erranous times (see here (http://www.wipeout-game.com/html/content/Article?contentID=129)).
I don't understand how people able to create amazing worlds and physics simulations crash with simple math operations, it's like a scientist unable to do 1+1! :dizzy

Totally agree, it`s all a mystery. Personally I would sacrifice some eye candy for working leaderboards, I think most people would, but the developers don`t seem to agree.

I think you`re right though, Leungbok, the thread did need some optimism and a reason for us to believe. I`m not sure you`re right, but we might as well believe as not, for now ;) I hope Karsten is right and I prefer not to believe that Sony will think it is ok to release the game on Blu Ray with the leaderboards as glitched/broken/non-functioning as they are.

leungbok
1st October 2009, 11:11 AM
There's a lot of "maybe" in my post, lol. But i suppose it should be more motivating for sony to work on fan's will, when those are confident, than when they are always complaining ! I react like that myself, i hate to disappoint guys when they trust me ;)

OBH
1st October 2009, 12:11 PM
Ive not mentioned it yet, but the leaderboard is only 1 of a few really annoying problems.

Not just the online leaderboard, but my own personal times are not correctly recorded (multiplayer times in particular).
I cannot select the Mirage Zone ship, it simply wont let me use it, it defaults back to the standard woHD mirage ship every time.
IMO i think the speed pads for Fury tracks have a smaller area needed to hit in order to activate them.

XBARNSTERX
1st October 2009, 12:24 PM
I noticed that about the pads. HD ones you could clip them , whilse the fury ones you have to be more precise as well as the fact they seem smaller and look a bit different.

There is no point releasing blue ray of a game with non working boards IMO. I certainly wont be buying it anyway, even if i'd never played the game.

Maybe a wipe will come with the release ?

OBH
1st October 2009, 12:53 PM
Im glad im not the only one who felt the fury speed pads were smaller :) though thats probably down to not being able to clip it as you said, take AP as a prime example, im CERTAIN ive got the weapon pad leading onto the bridge without actually touching it :g

Im also confused as to how people update multiplayer times on Connavars site - the leaderboard clearly doesnt update, but i cant even check my times in the records screen as they simply dont update. Apparently ive never raced any of the Fury tracks even once online, which is just total rubbish :)

KGB
1st October 2009, 01:02 PM
All my fastest race times still come up in the personal race records, which can be a bit of a problem if you race offline a lot, as both your multiplayer and single race offline race times are in the same table. As I never race the AI it's easy to tell for me, could be a problem to tell the difference otherwise.

OBH
1st October 2009, 01:14 PM
Single player and multiplayer times appear in same table! oh bollocks.

yeldar2097
1st October 2009, 01:29 PM
i write down my time if i think it's a pb (only if it's a non-updating track of course)..although i too noticed the single/mp races are in the same table :)

good thing i don't race offline :P

OBH
1st October 2009, 01:34 PM
Thinking about it, most my offline times must have come in split screen. They (surprisingly) count as well.

JJPAP
1st October 2009, 01:39 PM
Im also confused as to how people update multiplayer times on Connavars site

Use pen and paper! Very sci-fi (at least 2097+) aka The New Pink :D

yeldar2097
1st October 2009, 01:41 PM
how the hell can you get a decent time in splitscreen? unless your tv is 200m across it's impossible to see anything at all. not to mention the j..E-r..k-Y..N-e.Ss :g

OBH
1st October 2009, 01:48 PM
skills pay the bills :)

Darkdrium777
1st October 2009, 02:41 PM
DD777 - FYI the voice chat DID work in the 1.XX days - I know, I used it back then!Heh, it never worked for me. Whenever I attempted to talk to someone they couldn't hear me, and I might have heard hardly two seconds of someone else talking, that's it. :/ Yeah, back in the 25th of September too.
Compared to the implementation of Resistance Fall of Man regardless of whether it worked for you at one point or another, or not, the voice chat in HD is pretty sub par still...

Now if we're going to make a list (though there are other threads for that)
-Fury tracks 5.1 sound issues (I'm not deaf FFS)
-Smaller pads (feels weird)
-Input lag (heeeelll yeah!) and no-response to inputs (Try when there is loads of action, coolio)

Also: LEADERBOARDS pl0x

OBH
1st October 2009, 03:23 PM
no one else had problems with selecting mirage zone battle ship?

yeldar2097
1st October 2009, 03:27 PM
they don't want you after you ditched them for "Fatman Scoop" AKA Auricom :g

OBH
1st October 2009, 03:29 PM
im just spreading the love around :D

leungbok
1st October 2009, 03:32 PM
they don't want you after you ditched them for "Fatman Scoop" AKA Auricom :g

Haydn, didn't you received a letter of dismissal signed by Mani Zayed ? :D

OBH
1st October 2009, 04:43 PM
Nah! Me and Mani are tight! :g I have dinner with his family and everything! :D

QjonPL
1st October 2009, 05:12 PM
no one else had problems with selecting mirage zone battle ship?

I have the same problem with Goteki 45 - when (online) I choose Zone Battle skin, I always end with standard nonFury skin :/

Lance
1st October 2009, 08:46 PM
ahem... leaderboards? Anyone? Anyone?
I believe there is already a more generalised problem mentioning thread elsewhere. Maybe two.

karsten_beoulve
2nd October 2009, 12:27 PM
there's voices that the leaderboards are working now.... can anyone check? i'm at work for many hours from now

novide
2nd October 2009, 12:43 PM
nothing changed...

invernomuto
2nd October 2009, 01:41 PM
looks like *new* times get correctly updated on the global leaderboards, but I need to verify this myself (tonight, I hope/guess)...

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd October 2009, 03:13 PM
nothing changed...

Same here, it's been a week and still no update...

brummpahh
2nd October 2009, 08:32 PM
For those, who understand german language, that's
what i wrote in the german ps3 blog:

"Besonders gut gefällt mir, daß seit Fury das Leaderboard,
spricht die offline/online Bestzeiten und Rankings NICHT
upgedated werden. Von offizieller Seite ist zu diesem
Thema nichts zu hören. Prima, so kann jeder seine
Leistungen schön für sich behalten.
Weiter so, wir Wipeout Fans sind begeistert ! "

I'm pi**ed and angry, SL, Sony or to whom this
may concern. Fix it. :(

Koleax
3rd October 2009, 04:43 AM
Just as long as everyone knows I am not ranked 148,000th in my Venom Anulpha Pass TT.

blackwiggle
3rd October 2009, 08:18 AM
Glad to see your improving ,keep practicing :P

amplificated
3rd October 2009, 08:55 AM
I'd just like to throw my considerably light weight into the subject in case any SL representatives get around to perusing the site. It's pretty annoying not having the leaderboards update.

done. :P

Mietepiet
3rd October 2009, 09:14 AM
looks like *new* times get correctly updated on the global leaderboards, but I need to verify this myself (tonight, I hope/guess)...

Got some new records, but still !%#*@ nothing.

jimsin
3rd October 2009, 10:54 AM
The broken leaderboards are forgiveable - the complete silence on whether anything will be done to fix them isn't :(

Koleax
3rd October 2009, 06:20 PM
I'm starting to get the same problem with Connaver's site. It'll take most of my times, but not my Venom Sebenco (R) TT for some reason.

Rezatron
3rd October 2009, 06:50 PM
Koleax, please check the records you added today for Multiplayer Venom Moa Therma and Ubermall (#1 and #2 times...?). I'm sure you have entered them in error.

On Moa, you beat Yeldar's time by 6 seconds (and his best lap by 6 seconds). The Ubermall time is believable except the best lap time stands out... (I would check the Ubermall time myself on the leaderboards but I can't get to my PS3 ATM). Be careful as there isn't alot of checking going on, it's up to you.

Koleax
3rd October 2009, 08:09 PM
That claim came sooner than I expected! Much sooner. I imagined people paid closer attention to the TTs and SLs.

You can verify both times on the game's server, when you have a chance.

If you still doubt it, the Ubermall time is the very same I used to beat seanywauny, so you can ask him.

As for Moa Therma, I guess all I can say is that yeldar isn't as good as you thought he was. ;) The best lap time should make it clear that I was lucky and had either two or three boosts on one lap. Honestly, I thought that'd be more believable, since that time is globally ranked something like 35th, whereas Ubermall is 15th. You guys must just not race on Venom much.

leungbok
3rd October 2009, 09:07 PM
How many br on your entire race and per lap, Koleax ?

Rezatron
4th October 2009, 02:40 AM
You can verify both times on the game's server, when you have a chance.

Yeah I did, good job on those times. You're a really good pilot (I played you a few times). The Moa times stood out on Connavar's site but it turns out alot of similar times exist on the official leaderboards and his site is simply out of date.

The problem with his site is 99% of players only enter their own times. Once in a while someone (chboing?) spends a ridiculous amount of time and enters all the other records :eek I think this was last done on 7-31-09.

blackwiggle
4th October 2009, 03:09 AM
Sorry but online times are stuffed now,well online play is basically stuffed ATM.

I've never had so many weird occurrences regarding online times since HD came out.

Ok,I'm not the fastest Phantom pilot but by the same token I can hold my own with the fastest and I know when something is amiss.

4 times today I have had races and even if I was to account for lag something is definitely wrong.

For instance what just happened a few moments ago,I'm racing Phantom A/P reverse,I'm in pole position at the start,nobody overtakes me and yet before I go to make the first right bend I am 15.7 seconds behind ! WTF !!!

I'm no slouch when it comes to this track,and I was never headed nor hindered during the 5 laps and I had at least 3 turbos and did at least 8 BR's during the 5 laps.

Yet this invisible racer gets 1st place and a time 15 sec faster than mine,which I suspect will be at least 5-6 sec faster than any TT time ever achieved by Piraphaic or Leungbok.

I've had 3 other races like this today and quite a few last night,each time this has happened there has been at least two racers from the USA in the field ,strangely they seldom seem to be seen on the online board when back in the lobby,or at least one of them has disappeared from the field.

Other times I have joined a room,get on the board and nothing happens,I have to quit the game as things have frozen [it won't let me quit the race,no buttons are working] or it says I'm leading the race when the race hasn't even started.

I'm suspecting that the various servers are now so out of whack with each other that all online game play is about to come to a calamitous halt.

Something is seriously wrong,as such all online [multiplayer race ] times that are coming up as new world records by more than .50 sec should be considered extremely dubious and highly unlikely to be even remotely correct.

Koleax
4th October 2009, 03:39 AM
I can't say I've ever had that experience, blackwiggle. I was just racing yeldar on a bunch of phantom races and I tried to look out for anything unusual, intentional or otherwise, but I kept pace with him enough to see that he's an excellent racer.

How many br on your entire race and per lap, Koleax ?

Ubermall? Probably 3 per lap on average. Boosting over the hills through the two buildings is the big shortcut, as everyone must know. On Moa it was once during the whole race, while boosting over the last turn. You can have a lot of turbos on Moa on not let a single one go to waste and throw you into a wall.

You're good too, Rezatron. I remember you were the only real competition in one of the tournaments I've raced so far.

blackwiggle
4th October 2009, 04:38 AM
The whole HD/FURY online has gone weird.

Even "Players Met" is stuffed.

I'm not sure if this is the game or some 3.01 update problem.

Next time you first sign in have a look at the last few people on your players met list before you start the game up,then start up HD/FURY and just go into the lobby,don't join any games yet,now take a look at your Players met list again,got a few new additions even though you haven't met/raced anybody new yet?

If not,join a race and then check the names you just played against the ones on players met,I guarantee you you will either have additional ones or at least some different ones from the people you just played against.

I mean I just checked mine out and I have Yelder as one of the last 3 people I have played,I haven't raced Yelder in at least 4-5 MONTHS.:dizzy

Online is stuffed ,and in more than one way.

leungbok
4th October 2009, 07:47 AM
Ubermall? Probably 3 per lap on average. Boosting over the hills through the two buildings is the big shortcut, as everyone must know. On Moa it was once during the whole race, while boosting over the last turn. You can have a lot of turbos on Moa on not let a single one go to waste and throw you into a wall

Your ubermall race time is totally feasible, congrats !
But for moa, a 6 seconds difference with Yeldar with only one br per race (so no shortcut, i suppose) is really very stunning. Yeldar is one of the best pilots and is able on mp race to perform many shortcuts and brs like in tt. Beating him by one tenth is a feat, by 6 seconds is :eek:eek:eek
I'm curious to know the amount of br Yeldar made on his second rank, if he remembers.

yeldar2097
4th October 2009, 12:11 PM
Always 1-2 per lap + shortcutBR if i have a turbo. i think it was 6-7...

leungbok
4th October 2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks Yeldar, i thought about something like that ;)
So, an already very speed race !!
@ Koleax : I don't want to seems harsh or be the eternal bad mood guy, but to be frank, i don't believe in your multiplayer venom on moa forward. For several reasons :
- Lots of glitched races already exists on the official boards.
- Ag-System is a great ship but not the best choice to break records (mostly at venom speed)
- 1 br only for the entire race, you didn't put all the chances at your side to break a record. (2 br at least are possible to perform if you have boosts at the correct moment, and one per lap is possible without boost).
- 6 seconds is too much IMHO. I'm not sure that even with 10 boosts if it could be possible to beat, Yeldar's time with 3 seconds. And at venom speed, only 3 laps so few weapon-pads.
- Mostly, you beat Yeldar by 6 seconds only on 1 lap :eek:eek:eek , not 2 seconds per lap (already hard to believe).

The point is that i don't doubt about your skills and also i'm sure you didn't made an intentional fake record. But lot of people here are already upset and discouraged by the broken official leaderboards, so let's not enter glitched times on Connavar's website ;)

However if you can prove with a video a close racetime to your moa's, i'll sincerely appologize !

Darkdrium777
4th October 2009, 05:35 PM
If I'm guessing correctly, the problematic time is a multiplayer race time?
If so, checking that it is a glitched time or not is easy. If it says under Speed Pads the number 0, it is glitched. So please delete it if that is the case.

Also,
"Earth calling Sony Liverpool. Earth calling Sony Liverpool. Sony Liverpool, please respond."

Please.

leungbok
4th October 2009, 05:47 PM
Well not now, mate. I checked that this afternoon and in multiplayer times it shows now the fastest lap (or maybe there's an option to look at the amount of speedpads like before, but i didn't find it).

Darkdrium777
4th October 2009, 06:16 PM
It will show on his "Personal" page under the "Single Race" category, as for some dumb reason this page combines both single race times against the AI and the multiplayer race times.

KGB
4th October 2009, 06:17 PM
Lol it sticks out like a sore thumb Leungbok ;)

Removed link, wasn't working

Unless he had some major respawn good fortune it's got to be wrong.

leungbok
4th October 2009, 06:59 PM
Lol, mate !
Yes, i think about something like that, only Koleax knows !:robot

NeilSmith
4th October 2009, 08:05 PM
To be honest, the issue with the leader-boards has made me quit playing Wipeout which is a big shame. When people are unable to upload their records the whole point of striving to be the best kinda disappears. I haven't touched the game in several months but before I quit I managed to get my Transcendence trophy so at least I'm happy about that achievement :) Hopefully SL will fix some of the game-breaking issues with Wipeout HD and release another DLC pack, that would bring me back to the game again.

Koleax
4th October 2009, 09:07 PM
It will show on his "Personal" page under the "Single Race" category, as for some dumb reason this page combines both single race times against the AI and the multiplayer race times.
I just checked and did not see any multiplayer races recorded on my "Personal" page. It's all "single race" times back from when I was doing the campaign.

My Multiplayer Venom Moa time is ranked 31st. Yeldar's, which is the same time ranked on Connavar's site, is ranked 47th. It's a pretty even gradient from his time to mine and onward.

You guys are hung up about my lap time, so I'd advise reading the online leaderboards sitting down. The fastest lap time I saw was more than 12 seconds faster, but I think it's feasible with five or six turbos. The fastest lap times primarily use AG-Systems followed by Feisar.

leungbok
4th October 2009, 09:26 PM
There are many glitched times on multiplayer boards. on the top and also below.
IMO the best overall wipeout hd pilot is still Wotan998, Yeldar is 2nd atm.
If you want to have a better view at how he races, you'll find many videos on this site, some of Yeldar, some of Pirahpac (only phantom class) and even some from me, maybe it can helps to judge how fast it's possible to be on various tracks with all difficulties (br, shortcuts...)
Show us a video of your racing skills and no doubts will remains !
i'm always interested to see someone new able to beat Yeldar, i thought i knew all the pilots able to do that !
A laptime of 17.99 is faster of 15 seconds (lol) than the rank 1 speedlap (33.46) = it's simply impossible without glitch, respawn or bug of timer.

Darkdrium777
4th October 2009, 09:32 PM
I just checked and did not see any multiplayer races recorded on my "Personal" page. It's all "single race" times back from when I was doing the campaign.No it isn't. Try taking a picture of that table and posting it here.
The method you described for achieving that time makes it impossible for you to have done it. 1BR? No.
Also, your "best lap" on that race is 29.xx Speed Lap record is 33.xx Who do you think you are trying to kid? You can't base yourself on glitched times saying "Oh mine is less glitched so I guess it's all right."

Koleax
4th October 2009, 10:02 PM
No it isn't. Try taking a picture of that table and posting it here.
Sure thing.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/000_0175.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/000_0176.jpg

The method you described for achieving that time makes it impossible for you to have done it. 1BR? No.
Also, your "best lap" on that race is 29.xx Speed Lap record is 33.xx Who do you think you are trying to kid?

Yeah... Seriously? I don't know how long you've been playing this game, but while doing a Speed Lap you're limited to one turbo pickup per lap, whereas in a multiplayer race you can have many turbos per lap. That comparison looks just about right.

I could have gone a lot faster!

Darkdrium777
4th October 2009, 10:13 PM
I don't know how long you've been playing this gameAbout five years. Thanks for the info! ;) :+

But on a serious note, thanks for the pictures. I personally have myself glitched times on that page due to the Spectator mode, and they show 0 speed pads, and are much faster than what is theoretically possible. Some of these times are actually recorded on the online multiplayer race leaderboard, to my unfortunate displeasure. That is why I was wondering about the pictures.
You would have needed a lot of turbos though, it is possible to get very lucky. However the times you were referring to earlier are definitely glitched, so I would be cautious about using them as an argument.
1.45 is definitely possible in Time Trial, with one turbo per lap. If you got more, than perhaps it is possible (But again the thing that remains is you said you BR once, whereas this 1.45 is using all the BR and shortcuts). The margin is still rather high between you and second place (yeldar) so that is why it looks very odd. You should make a video like leungbok suggested. :)

Koleax
4th October 2009, 10:25 PM
Well, I could go into my hypothesis that AG-Systems reaches top speed much sooner, so that when you get the first turbo on the first corner you can use it more efficiently to max out until the next turbo, max and speed pads to the next turbo, all before the second turn, and how BRs don't get you much anyway especially on Moa, etc., but I'm more interested in hearing from the guy who started this thread.

ProblemSolver is ranked 5th, with a total time of 1.37.11 and a best lap of 17.28, incidentally the fastest best lap overall, using Feisar. Maybe he can settle some nerves here with a few words.

Darkdrium777
4th October 2009, 10:35 PM
Except that time is impossible ;) That much is certain. There is not enough weapon pads on a racing line to give enough turbos to divide the Speed Lap world record by two. Your fastest lap is also a stretch of the imagination, you would have needed to get one turbo on every pad for it to even make sense... In Speed Lap I just tried, resetting my boost so it would be in time with the next weapon pad on the racing line. I still come up at around 3x.xx, with my ghost who uses the shortcut and the BR (34.xx) right behind me. I would have to use a stop watch to be certain, but even then I'm pretty sure it would turn out to around 30. And to get that every lap, or nearly the same amount of turbos every lap? You said you didn't use the shortcut, and only one BR, so that implies a big lot of turbos, and by a lot, it's like almost every weapon pad from what I can test right here in Speed Lap.

One question: did you at any time use the spectator option on Moa Therma forward at Venom class?

leungbok
4th October 2009, 10:57 PM
@ Koleax

2 example of fast races on moa therma :
Phantom class (and still far from 17.XX)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yivHNXTxlUM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdCkwmqpnh4

Koleax
4th October 2009, 11:09 PM
Except that time is impossible ;) That much is certain. There is not enough weapon pads on a racing line to give enough turbos to divide the Speed Lap world record by two.
Look, if you're going to talk about mathematical certainty, you could at least do it better than a third grader (no offense to any third graders here). I did not divide the Speed Lap record by two. I beat it by a few seconds using advantages not available in Speed Lap. This is not controversial, much less impossible.

Your fastest lap is also a stretch of the imagination, you would have needed to get one turbo on every pad for it to even make sense... In Speed Lap I just tried...
In what? Really, this is a joke you guys play on new guys with good multiplayer times, right?

It's too predictable for you to say, "that damned Koleax, getting lucky with all those turbos!" You have to go this roundabout way of getting me to explain how to play the game.

One question: did you at any time use the spectator option on Moa Therma forward at Venom class?

I don't remember. It's possible, since I distinctly remember watching CheekyGirl waiting motionless on the final turn until turbo-ing just as the racer behind her approached and thinking, "man, that was cheeky!" but I thought it was on Flash.

Lance
4th October 2009, 11:15 PM
It sure would be nice if this discussion of that time had something to do with the failure of the leaderboards to update, and also would not turn into yet another pissed-off argument between members.

Darkdrium777
4th October 2009, 11:20 PM
Look, if you're going to talk about mathematical certainty, you could at least do it better than a third graderNice, I like the way you speak to me :clap Okay, so I was unclear and talking about ProblemSolver's time which you refer to. 17 seconds is approximately half of 33 seconds which is the world record in speed lap. You can't base yourself on that, it is obvious that it is glitched and impossible to obtain realistically, even at Phantom class with all the barrel rolls and shortcuts.

And no, it isn't a joke on the new guy. It isn't a joke at all in fact. Fake times are very serious matter. You may have unknowingly entered a glitched time into Connavar's site, compromising the integrity of it. It's probably not intentional, but it still is a serious matter.

Also, I am trying to tell you how to play? No, all I said was according to the experience I have of the game, obtaining a time four seconds ahead of the Speed Lap record (which is basically perfection until it is beaten) is simply mind boggling, especially in a multiplayer race where anything goes. Had the game just come out, I would have said that there is probably a trick, but you obviously didn't use any except one BR (Or you omitted to say so) so again the doubt remains.

Lastly, if you ever used spectator mode, this is probably the problem and it glitched out again, entering a fake time on the online board. It's a known bug of the system.

leungbok
4th October 2009, 11:21 PM
Sure Lance, but you can admit that we stay cool when a newcomer comes to explain us the game ;)
Back on topic : I was not that much annoyed by the broken leaderboards because i trusted all the members here to be honest with their records on Connavar's site ! I think now it urges to be fixed :?

Lance
4th October 2009, 11:36 PM
Again someone claims that greatness that they can't duplicate is impossible until they duplicate it themselves?

Back to the thread topic, please, gentlemen.

If you wish to continue discussion of that 'impossible' time, take it to an already available appropriate thread or if there isn't one start one.
And keep it civilised.

note: When I said that continued discussion of that time should be taken to a different thread, that is what I meant. No more posts in this thread continuing this. And I said nothing about moving the already existing comments, but only the discussion. Thread is briefly closed until the message is understood and abided by. I may consider creating a new thread from these posts when I have more time than I have right at the moment, but on the other hand why should the admin and the mods have to do all the work to clean up and reorganise a mess created by people who ignored the forum rules?

ProblemSolver
6th October 2009, 10:29 AM
Deathly silence....

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2643/anigfhsfhg.jpg

Honestly, is it so difficult to write something like Colin did one year ago? ...

We know there has been an issue with the tables not updating very quickly and that currently they are displaying very few records and it may appear they have been wiped.

I can assure you that the tables have not been wiped and the records have not been lost.

There is an issue with overload and we are working on it currently and fingers crossed the tables will be working better than ever within the next few days. ...

cheers Col

... Is it? Please tell me!

ProblemSolver
6th October 2009, 01:43 PM
You wanna know the reason why there isn't any support?! Well, someone went over
to STUDIO Liverpool and made the following recordings (http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1180/anisl.gif).

DrMannevond
6th October 2009, 06:16 PM
Well, I did see this on the norwegian psn-forum today about WipEout HD:
-----------------------
Vedlikehold:

Dato: 08/10/2009

Starttid: 10:30
Endtid: 12:30
------------------------------------

Translation :

Maintenance:
Date: October 8, 2009 (Thursday)
Start time : 10:30 (Norwegian time is GMT+1)
End time : 12:30

Fingers crossed that this has to do with the leaderboards. I can't really think of anything else that needs maintenance right now.

Mietepiet
6th October 2009, 06:27 PM
This was posted today on Problemsolvers PS3 Blog post:
------
Posted on 6 October, 2009 at 5:01 pm by Joey Payne
Hi ProblemSolver,

I am sorry that you have been left waiting for an answer to a very fair question

I have been out of the office for a couple of weeks,returning only today, I will continue talking to Studio Liverpool to try and find a satisfactory answer for you and the WipEout community

Thanks for you patience
-------

Do we still have hope?

ProblemSolver
6th October 2009, 06:31 PM
We have! The path is clear....

@Dr: You have a link?

blackwiggle
6th October 2009, 11:38 PM
There might still be a Studio Liverpool but I'm starting to doubt that there is still a wipeout section within it.

I'm starting to think that SCE wishes we would just all go away and is willing to let the game die.
Maybe not the European arm.

It would certainly appear that's what the US arm of SCE way of thinking is,what with it's total disregard for the fans,total lack of promotion [even at E3 where it was seemingly hidden away near the toilet doors],and the none release of different versions over the years ,DLC and the "State Farm" ad debacle.
All the E3 thunder and advertising budget went to INFAMOUS,gee that title lasted what,2 months if that, never to be heard or spoken of again,I'm not even sure it sold all that well.

It would seem that games with high replay value are to be shunned ,and that their business model priority is to churn out a continual stream of mindless,repetitive and boring shooters.

Maybe if SL made a shooter based on the murderous rampage of disgruntled wipeout fans through the offices of SCEA I might have my interest perked ,possibly that idea should be posted at the blog site.

End of rant

For now.

Aeroracer
7th October 2009, 01:40 AM
yes..strange that wipeout never took off in the states like in europe..americans do play it but not too many..bit like ridge race was loved by japan mostly..but the americans who do play it realise its good..so its just it may not appeal to them ititially..for me it was the play your own songs that got me started..if it never had that i would never of picked up pad..Mmmmmmmm oppsss

OFF TOPIC
OFF TOPIC....:dizzy

Sl Pleassssssssseeee fix leaderboards and remove all the dud error times too..if thats whats happening on thursday..please also turn off ship colision dammage online or fix it cos its over the top and totally un:)fun;)fied

IH8YOU
7th October 2009, 03:01 AM
Blackwiggle - where can I pre-order this first person shooter? :+

But - let's not restrict it to SCEA - we need to have an expansion pack - SCEE, SCEI and SCEAu. I can see another Wild 9 in the makes. :g

ProblemSolver
7th October 2009, 03:07 AM
Well actually, IH8YOU, it's an RL shooter. You already have one copy for free. xD

Darkdrium777
7th October 2009, 03:10 AM
I am in with the first person shooter tbh.
It needs the Lancer, the Flak Cannon, the Auger as available weapons.

(Gears of War, Unreal Tournament and Resistance Fall of Man)

And while the time on Connavar's site remains an issue and requires a place for discussion, the main question here is:

WHATS UP WITH THE LEADERBOARDS?!

ProblemSolver
7th October 2009, 03:12 AM
ROFL xD

Koleax
7th October 2009, 03:34 AM
Could it just be that, this is the kind of service we can expect as long as PSN is free? I don't play any other online games for the PS3, but I remember hearing about general connectivity and server problems for all sorts of games, most infamously Killzone 2 on its release weekend.

Were these issues for other games resolved? Has a precedent been set or is this without precedent? Do we have any reason to think there won't be long term support for online play?

I've had an Xbox Live gold subscription for under a year, mostly for some old school shooters and Ridge Racer 6 (hey Jasmin_Jade, I think I raced against you once or twice), but the best game in the world right now is Wipeout HD and I'd gladly pay a $4/mo subscription for continued support.

Things must be difficult for Studio Liverpool. They make a stellar game on the only console powerful enough to support it, but are limited by PSN's business model. If this is the prime reason, then I feel very badly for them. I am curious if anyone has any more info regarding that relationship.

Darkdrium777
7th October 2009, 03:37 AM
I'm certain the issue for Killzone 2 was fixed, I did not have troubles when I got the game and played online. Similarly, FAT Princess was also fixed apparently, so was LittleBig Planet, etc.
It seems that because WipEout is not as popular (IM WONDERING WHY HAHAHA) they allow this ''I'm not paying attention to you'' game to take place.

ProblemSolver
7th October 2009, 07:38 AM
@Koleax: Money won't change anything within this regard. They (Sony and / or M$)
would get the money and the same problem still occurs, I promise!

The only thing that works is having some clever people on board who actually know
what they are doing and who care about their work.

JJPAP
7th October 2009, 07:52 AM
Well, I´m not Doc, but here´s the LINK (http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=218&message.id=1031#M1031), PS

@Dr: You have a link?

DrMannevond
7th October 2009, 01:56 PM
Oi! I was going to post that! But that is the correct link, so nevermind:)

Lance
7th October 2009, 07:04 PM
Some of you either just don't care or you don't learn from your experience.

[Awaits the firestorm of hatred from those who don't care if anyone can ever actually find what they're looking for in the forum, and who feel that they should be able to write anything they want anytime they want anywhere they want and **** everybody else and thEir needs and desires.]