PDA

View Full Version : freedom of speech

Feisar
3rd December 2002, 10:03 PM
hmm, ok someone deleted my reply on Fluke, the device and a post i made about scamming and didnt notify me.

I find these actions very rude and obnoctious.

xEik
3rd December 2002, 10:55 PM
I suppose it was Lance since he's the one who has been bearing the load of erasing the messages spammers are lately posting. Being he known as a sensible person I'm sure he had a good reason.
In fact 95% of your posts since you registered have 0 interest and are out of place.
And if you are trying to sound smart writing adjectives like obnoxious at least spellcheck.
I know this is entering flaming realm but I won't be sitting there just watching how some people drive this site every day nearer to closure.

PRACTICE LED TO PERFECTION

Lance
3rd December 2002, 11:36 PM
i deleted the post because it was pointless babble, and consequently your posting it in the first place was rude and obnoxious. i've already had discussions in private with you and some others about what constitutes good posting. i also said that i had explained this sort of thing frequently enough and in such detail that i no longer feel the need to waste my time on giving further explanations that continue to be ignored or simply forgotten. we should think before we post, think about whether we're actually saying anything informative or entertaining to anyone but ourselves. to do otherwise would be self-centred and boring to the other members. if i let that stuff pass, this board would be like the Fusion board that so many of you who post there complain about. indeed your complaints there are about exactly the same kind of posts that i delete here. the kind that have always insured that the Fusion board is far less good than it could be. i suspect that it is only Sony's desire to keep interest in Fusion high no matter what the quality of the board [only the money made from sales matters to them] that keeps the moderator of their board from deleting 90 percent of the posts, most of which are just chatroom-style blather. in a chatroom, only the people who are there at the time and whom you are talking directly to will see what you say. a board is not a chatroom, the comments stay up for all to see for a long time. everybody gets to see the dreck, it does not get forgotten quickly. the accusation by a 14 year-old that a 12 year-old is carrying a Teletubbies doll with him everywhere is not something i care to see for very long, much less as a long-term archive. but there the comment sits on the Fusion board. no doubt it was enjoyed by the people in their early teens for the few moments it took to make and read the comment, but i suspect that most members of the wipeoutzone would not find that entertaining. so whenever i see posts that arise from a similar outlook on internet interaction, i delete them. i don't delete all of them, probably, but many. i try not to be completely ruthless, but when i said i was going to delete a lot of these empty posts, i was not kidding

Feisar
4th December 2002, 12:32 AM
by the looks of it, free speech only runs as deep as the paper its written on here. This board no longer has a place for me, i almost broke my 100, my first 100 without a dismissing.
The world is far too large, and far too sophisticated for the "likes" of me; i had a good run, but for every run, there must be a rest.
Goodbye everyone, i hope and wish you all the best of luck.

you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

Lance
4th December 2002, 01:39 AM
you give up on yourself way too easily. why no reasoned defense of your position? why no citing of facts and precedents and ethics and public rights versus private rights? why no exposition on situations where the freedom of one person results in the loss of it for another? never made it to 100 posts anywhere before? has this sort of thing happened to you a lot? why?

it's very easy to make an idle charge, then walk away without proving it. it makes one look like the injured party, and saves one's ego from the possibility of being shown to be in the wrong by actual discussion. i could be the one who's wrong, but if i am, you're certainly not going to correct my error by simply disappearing into the distance. that would simply result in your having left a place where you wanted to be.

of all the people on this videogame forum, Josh, you have been the one who most wants to start topics about your personal life and international politics. well, this is a golden opportunity for you to have a serious discussion about the impingement of one person's freedom on that of another, and just how the American Constitutional guarantee of expressing public political opinions without being jailed applies to a private internet forum. does it apply? or does it not? how so? how many factors really come into what can or should or shall be said here? and is it really my call? or Robert's? or yours? or dispersed generally amongst the members? give me some feedback here

Mano
4th December 2002, 05:14 AM
I hope you still read the forum, and i suspect you still do so, i may not know you ( i have only read a few posts from you) but im sure youre not the kind of person who walks away leaving everything behind without a true reason.
From experience i can tell you that when young we usually take things very personal and very into feelings, im not telling you logic, analisis and experience should be over or under this, but when young *i* used to let my feelings drive me, when they should have been *part* of my learning, i have been here very very so very little time, but enough to see that here are experienced persons, regardless of their points of view, ideology, philosophy, etc. i think you will find that most persons in this forum (usual posters mostly) will be understanding and not close minded, in time you will see that we all are very different yet we all share a lot of similarities, and you must not see that as something that isolates or alienates, but something to add to ourselves, the moment you see that, you will see that everyday, every second, you are a better; also you will be better at giving and sharing (especially in quality), as well as receiving.
Freedom of speech is not only a right, i think its also a responsability, because everything you do has a reaction on everyone that you contact; come on Feisar dont let pride blind you from learning, dont ever let ANYTHING stop you.