PDA

View Full Version : The Speed Lap Challenge

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

brainbeat
8th December 2009, 11:04 PM
nice :)

KGB
9th December 2009, 10:12 AM
Just got 31.69 - 2BR - 9SP. Gave up entirely on the BRs in the tunnel and concentrated on the start. I was using the hump on the start/finish line to get height at first but then I started to use the Nose up - balls out - boost/BR style a bit farther down the track which seemed to work a bit better for me. Still can't get a double on that lip either.

Dark_Phantom_89
9th December 2009, 12:26 PM
I managed a 32.72 - very frustrating challenge this week, I'll admit. Nice work KGB :+

amplificated
9th December 2009, 05:31 PM
31.42, still just 2 br's. could actually see a fair bit of improvement with a better start and boost now

Dark_Phantom_89
14th December 2009, 06:47 PM
Another tricky one this week, but thanks to all who contributed. For the next two weeks it's up to you guys what criteria gets chosen, as I'm letting you make the decision for the Christmas and New Year weeks.

EDIT: The previous threads I set up were closed, so please state the criteria you'd like to use for both weeks in the thread that Lance set up here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7082

After reaching the image limit with the Hall of Fame list, I created a thread showing the results from every week as a reference: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7081

The criteria for this week are as follows: SPEED LAP/UBERMALL (FORWARD)/RAPIER/AG-SYSTEMS

Lance
14th December 2009, 07:55 PM
The votes should all be kept in one place to make it easier for you to count, DP, and to eliminate accidental double voting. I suggest the thread I set up for you. :D

Dark_Phantom_89
14th December 2009, 07:57 PM
Edited my last message to reflect what Lance said. Please state the criteria you'd like to use in his thread.

KGB
15th December 2009, 10:24 AM
Leader boards have updated on this track. WTF!

22.24 - 8 pads - 3 BRs - AG fury.

The time was beaten by an Icaras so won't be up, hopefully I will beat it with the ag systems.

amplificated
15th December 2009, 10:37 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing which method is fastest on this track, there are so many and I think the fastest times are real fast... bbs, gonna check this out :P

/looking at yeldar for vids :paperbag

KGB
15th December 2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah there are loads. For the SL I did boost/BR, then BR over the small shortcut, went right at the split, boost out of the building and BR. If you time it right you can land early and get another out side the building, probably slower though. Is it possible to get a BR over the crest of the hill at the end on rapier? If so I can't get it.

amplificated
15th December 2009, 12:35 PM
Just got 22.02; just 0.01 behind my Icaras time, which could easily be beaten...

As far as I know, you can't br at the top of the last hill on rapier. I've tried but I'm fairly certain you can't get enough air. I'd like to be proven wrong, but we'll see :P

My method is similar to yours KGB, though I don't know what you mean by "boost out of the building"... do you actually go in the building/on the ledge that you can ride on for a moment? Anyway, I don't do that, I barrel roll, wait a bit, hold the nose down, boost, hit the pavement where you do the last br which gives you enough force to do a decent shortcut (sorta shortcut, you skip the corner anyway and go nearly up to the double sp's) and another br, then ride it out.

No idea how the top time is 0.80 in front of this, I can see a few tenths of a second, but not that!

KGB
15th December 2009, 12:51 PM
I meant after the brow of the little hump, then hit boost and BR out the building, landing somewhere around the corner leading up to Double SP. I was trying to do something similar amplificated myself with varying results, couldn't nail it properly. I do think I'm loosing a lot of time on the chicane, still not sure which is the best line through there.

amplificated
15th December 2009, 12:56 PM
I still am yet to perfect that last corner too... with my approach I think hitting the speed pads then sideshifting right for a tighter line would be the best way, possibly. Just trying to minimise the line I'm taking. It really is very hard to avoid noticeably slowing down on this corner though

AG-wolf
15th December 2009, 03:07 PM
22.90, 6SP, 2 or 3 BR, Fury

oh my god I can't wait til I'm using my normal controller again, I hate the D-Pad on the DS3 so much

Dark_Phantom_89
15th December 2009, 04:14 PM
22.74 so far from me, 8 SP's 3 BR's. Maybe I should start taking the right split to see if it's marginally quicker...

phaeton_pl
15th December 2009, 05:43 PM
21.95 / 6 pads / 4 BR's / FURY

I think 21.50 is possible for me but I'm busy doing some other "project" at the moment :)

Wait for Yeldar, he will come up with some sub 20.00 / 10 BR's stuff :D

PSMuF
15th December 2009, 07:24 PM
I'm up to 23.07 / 7 speed pads / 3BRs / AG-fury
I know I can get under those 23 seconds, but session is going from bad to worse from here, I'll try again later.
Oh, that and I'm officially hating those plants.

AG-wolf
15th December 2009, 07:28 PM
phaeton- if it's anything like the "project" I was doing this morning, you're not gonna get very far :P

yeldar2097
15th December 2009, 07:50 PM
21.36 for the moment. 8pads, 6 BRs

Dark_Phantom_89
16th December 2009, 09:24 AM
How'd you manage 6BR's yeldar? :eek

amplificated
16th December 2009, 12:22 PM
21.83 with 3 BR's; 8 sp's... banged into the wall on the final corner thingy :(

I saw a spot in one of phaeton's videos where he boosts early for a BR on the straight, but I don't know if that's faster (feel free to tell us! :P)... of the few attempts I made at it, it's definitely harder. Doing that I can see a 5 BR lap, and I'm thinking it's possible to maybe get a double BR off the first corner, though that would be very hard as well. Can't see any others... unless Yeldar can do the one on the peak of the last hill :P

XBARNSTERX
16th December 2009, 12:34 PM
The top time has only 4 brs. Two at the start an two at the hills. I'll have a go in ag systems , see what i come up with:P

amplificated
16th December 2009, 01:21 PM
I keep on forgetting that I start a lap with a BR! :( So I'm probably doing an approximation of your attempt barnster, and I'm still 0.61 behind. /wrists

XBARNSTERX
16th December 2009, 01:37 PM
Just got a .45, 8 pds, 4 brs.
Yeah Amp mate you should be boosting from start line with a quick roll before the corner then another over it. I learned a lot about pitch control doing this myself. Motion pitch :rock
At the shortcut if you right shift after the first roll it should throw you onto the double pads with another roll. This is where most time is gained i think:+

PSMuF
16th December 2009, 01:38 PM
Got it down to 22.80, 8 speed pads, 4 BRs, and one wall, using AG-fury of course. Cana ctually get a 5th BR on the side railing on the jump, but it doesn't seem really useful seeing that you boost at that point anyway.

amplificated
16th December 2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm doing barnster; I'm finding the BR itself to be easy as well now, and I've just started getting close to pulling off the shortcut every time I try with the pitch down-up-boost-br method... so I think from here I can shave a bit more time off, but I don't know how much exactly. I'll give it another try tomorrow, see if I can get a top 10 perhaps :P

When I first got my 22.02 time I hadn't exactly mastered Ubermall's corners just yet and didn't realise where I was going wrong. I had a lot to make for in terms of just getting it all right I guess!

I don't quite think I've mastered pitching yet, especially for tight moves, but I'm capable of using it. I'm getting there :P

yeldar2097
16th December 2009, 05:48 PM
Motion pitching is impossible, anyone who uses it is a mentalist :dizzy

...Yes that's you phaeton, barnster and leungbok!
I wonder if it's a coincidence that they are all BR kings? I think not :g

So 6BRs isn't the fastest? Hmm, will have to try 4 some time :)

phaeton_pl
16th December 2009, 06:07 PM
Did you tried "Ubermall REV method" ? :)

yeldar2097
16th December 2009, 06:31 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

XBARNSTERX
16th December 2009, 07:30 PM
Lets not forget Shapealot, he introduced me to the motion pitch. Have him to thank for the crazy BRs i can do. Plus some crazy frenchies for showing me where they are. Pheaton and Yeldar too, cheers guys:rock

shapealot
18th December 2009, 01:57 PM
thanx barnster :P motion pitch is the way forward :rock

yeldar2097
18th December 2009, 05:43 PM
...it's also impossible :D

Kudos to those who use it, you're all mentalists ;)

AG-wolf
18th December 2009, 06:09 PM
I'd try motion pitching if the D-Pad on the DS3 didn't have so much travel/play. It's so hard to do BRs with the DS3 controller :/

brainbeat
19th December 2009, 12:55 AM
hello there, bit busy being a chef, still managed a fair few sessions

21.92 8 speedpads 3 brs :P

yeldar2097
19th December 2009, 12:39 PM
Not really worth mentioning but anyway: 21.31 - 8 Pads - 4 BRs
.05 = win :lol

AG-wolf
19th December 2009, 06:40 PM
update
22.38 5sp 4br fury

Rezatron
20th December 2009, 08:23 AM
62 laps: 21.78 - 8 SP - 4 BR ("non-perfect" lap)

Could be better but my patience is running low these days.

KGB
21st December 2009, 06:04 PM
Not had a lot of time this week, think my best time was 22.11 with Fury ship.

Dark_Phantom_89
21st December 2009, 09:36 PM
Another great week has come to a close - again, thanks to all who participated :)

Last week, I set up a thread whereby I let you guys choose the criteria for the upcoming 2 weeks to celebrate Christmas and the New Year. The Christmas votes have been counted, and the result (by a large majority) was so:

SPEED LAP/MOA THERMA (REVERSE)/PHANTOM/ICARUS

Thanks again for the responses guys :)

You guys can also choose the criteria for next week, so carry on voting in this thread :

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7082

yeldar2097
22nd December 2009, 01:23 PM
Sweet, phantom ^_^

Defs giving this one a try later (shh saturn, shh :P)

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd December 2009, 09:51 AM
Ok, I'll get the ball rolling on this one.

23.47 so far, 1 BR - room for improvement as I hit the wall after doing the BR

yeldar2097
23rd December 2009, 01:40 PM
Quick question: Since the current top times (shared by 3 people o_O) were done using Icara, does that mean they are leading this weeks comp by default?
Bit confused really...

stin
23rd December 2009, 02:05 PM
I decided to go for it.

My scores are atm 23.22 no BR and speed pad is 9

stevie:)

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd December 2009, 02:16 PM
Quick question: Since the current top times (shared by 3 people o_O) were done using Icara, does that mean they are leading this weeks comp by default?
Bit confused really...

No it doesn't. I'm hoping that people will be honest (though i'm sure you guys will be) and try the speed lap again

AG-wolf
23rd December 2009, 02:35 PM
I'm hoping that people will be honest and try the speed lap again

This is what I expect out of all the normal WOzone crew... i love the fact that all of us respect and appreciate the games enough that we don't have to lie about our times... even when we suck compared to half the other people here -_-;;;

23.42, 8SP, 1 or 2 BR, can't remember, Fury
(hopefully this is subject to improve lol :P I hit the wall a number of times and lost momentum around a few key turns)

KGB
23rd December 2009, 03:59 PM
23.03 - 0 BR - FURY

Am I right in thinking the record is miles faster than this? What's going on :paperbag Still a lot of fun though.

EDIT: Hmm, not sure what I think of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bn953QVaZU) as a speed lap, I would put it in the same bracket as the glitch on Talons Junction. Skillful indeed but ugly as sin.

Rezatron
23rd December 2009, 04:13 PM
23.03 - 0 BR - FURY

Am I right in thinking the record is miles faster than this? What's going on :paperbag Still a lot of fun though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wvGERd6aKI

Last half of the video... kind of glitchy, no?

edit: yeah KGB you beat me to the link.

stin
23rd December 2009, 04:25 PM
That is a big glitch to me!

That is not the way I play it. If they want to play that way?, then I`m not bother to play it at all. Because, that is just ruined it everything.

These tracks are designed to play properly, not over it!

So, what are the ruling here?, stick to track or no rules at all? So I know where I`m standing.:)

stevie:pizza

Rezatron
23rd December 2009, 04:30 PM
If you use this technique just mention it along with your time. Personally I won't be using it for this challenge although when I get around to doing serious phantom SLs I will be forced to! (probably) :brickwall

kanar
23rd December 2009, 05:04 PM
yeah ak went too far on that one, we discussed a lot about that stuff on the arena. our conclusion was; well of course it can't be accepted as a fair shortcut. be assured guys that no one of us at the arena or here will ever use that glitch. as i said ak went too far on that one, but please guys remember he's one of the best speed lapper on earth. on topic now lol, dark_phantom i'll try to get close of my pb tonight, want to participate on this one lol

amplificated
23rd December 2009, 05:09 PM
Woah! Huge shortcut!

That has been my boost location for the lower speed classes but I've never seen a boost that big, or the possibility of skipping 3/4 of the magstrip!

That said, I haven't played much on phantom, need to get around to this week's challenge when I get time. (had about 6 laps and got 23.XX so far, can do better)

I don't know if that's just the best shortcut in the game or something so hard to pull off it has to be classed as a glitch...

@ rezatron:
I don't think the boost itself is a problem, leungbok's boost is okay - akfurtif's on the other hand is taking it to new levels :P
The reason it always looks sort-of glitchy is because the magstrip is running sideways, and the ship tries to land belly to the water, but the magstrip allows it to be put back on track if it's done right.

kanar
23rd December 2009, 05:34 PM
akfurtif's on the other hand is taking it to new levels :P

errrr mate as I said, we're a lot to think ak went too far on that one, cos' we believe it requires more skills to pull off a beautiful boost-BR===> falling to the speed pads before the mag than just trying to reset 3/4 of the track with a weird jump to the left. A lot of pilots had the opportunity to do that, but never fell into the dark side lol. And again, I'm not saying Akfurtif is a cheater. We just believe he went too far this time. As some other top phantom pilots, on some particular tracks. So please guys, keep in mind the ranking on Connavar website; http://wipeout.gamerstats.net/

amplificated
23rd December 2009, 06:26 PM
It may or may not be just as difficult to pull off as a good boost-br onto the triple sp's, all I was saying is that it certainly is a different level than the straightforward method. I don't think it's something you set out to do... and that's something I may also be wrong about. It's a mystery.

And unless he's jumping over the section that respawns you, I don't see him glitching either... I'd venture to say it looks almost legit as a method. He barely clips the roof on the exit

Just because it's harder to do something doesn't mean it's more legit... However that's as far as I'm willing to take it. If the general consensus among the "wipeout elite" is that it shouldn't be used, that's fine, and I won't use it (if I get the skills to use it in the first place)...

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd December 2009, 07:13 PM
I've known about this infamous shortcut for a while, and personally I won't be using it. I feel that this shortcut is verging on glitchy and unfair

EDIT: Up to 23.35, 1 BR, 8 SP's now

kanar
23rd December 2009, 11:06 PM
(gah after 200 laps...........) 22.81, 1 br, 7 speed pads, fury ship. Damn 1 o'clock, need to go to bed.

amplificated
24th December 2009, 05:23 AM
managed a quick 15 lap session earlier, 23.19, 1 BR w/ Icaras Fury

bumped into a couple of walls and had a bad start, but I pulled off a semi-decent boost-br onto the magstrip which saved the lap from mediocrity, lol... will try again on the weekend if I can

AG-wolf
24th December 2009, 08:03 AM
hey hey hey, you guys are complaining about that, but Arnaud's "flying" in 2097 and the Porto Kora Hotel shortcut are acceptable? I sense some kind of double-standard here lol :P

kanar
24th December 2009, 09:22 AM
well I dunno for 2097 and Arnaud's shortcut, I can imagine it's requiring a lot of training, but I know I had for example 3 or 4 times the occasion last night to land at the end of the track, and seriously that stuff doesn't require skills at all. Everyone who's practicing a little at phantom speed can do that, sadly. That's why we're finding that unfair. Well that was my 2 cents, a last time, I promise... Now it's up to you guys, I am not a wipeout referee & I'm not considering myself as an elite at all. But I'm a great fan of this game, & I think skipping with a weird jump half of the track is not cool.

stin
24th December 2009, 10:01 AM
Ag, that was past tense then and this HD we are talking about here supposedly far better physics then 2097`s physics! , and you tell me, this is fair?

Honestly, to me it is not! maybe that my say.

If you guys want to do that way, then that`s fine with me.

I just move on.

stevie

Dark_Phantom_89
24th December 2009, 10:03 AM
Just to clarify, I don't think that it is fair to use this shortcut. Please do not use it guys - many thanks.

phaeton_pl
24th December 2009, 10:14 AM
Hey guys, this was discussed a long way ago and it's over.

AkFurtif made an unbelieveable time on Moa and he was requested by other pilots to make a video, so he did. I don't think it's possible any more and I don't think anyone is using it. End of story.

Back on topic:

I'm struggling with this week's challenge :(
No time to be posted yet...

AG-wolf
24th December 2009, 02:11 PM
but I know I had for example 3 or 4 times the occasion last night to land at the end of the track, and seriously that stuff doesn't require skills at all. Everyone who's practicing a little at phantom speed can do that, sadly. I tried it for an hour and I couldn't get it once.... maybe I'm retarded lol :P

this HD we are talking about here supposedly far better physics then 2097`s physics!That's just a matter of opinion... I still think 2097/XL had the best game engine of any game in the series, WO3 second.

I'm not really trying to start any kind of argument here, so I hope nobody get's defensive- I just found it kind of ironic that there was such a backlash to what was seemingly a simple little shortcut. It's nowhere near to the degree of some of the other shortcuts people have used in the other Wipeout games (and it's especially insignificant compared to the things people do in other non-Wipeout games for sake of getting low times). I personally don't think it's any different than the shortcut on Chenghou reverse or the one in the Amphiseum (fwd/rev? not sure which) that actually has a trophy for accomplishing. But DP89 sets the ground rules for these challenges, so it's kind of a moot point I guess :P

kanar
24th December 2009, 02:21 PM
I tried it for an hour and I couldn't get it once.... maybe I'm retarded lol :P

no mate lol, sorry I didn't mean that. I've about 7000 laps on moa Rev (like on every tracks except the fury ones -yet- lol, yeah I'm a freak:blarg), that's why I'm saying it would be easier -for me- to skip the loop rather than landing properly on the triple speed pad on the mag, and improve my PB. Lots of good points in your post btw, AG-wolf. But this "shortcut" gives you a 3/4 secs advantage compared to the first regular time : :dizzy compared to the other shortcuts found in HD, it's really huge... Too much track skipping for me.

yeldar2097
24th December 2009, 09:24 PM
22.52 - 9 Pads - 1BR - Icaras HD (The real Icaras :P)

Still a couple of tenths to grab then I'll be at my limit for sure. Phew! Hard work this!

:)

kanar
25th December 2009, 01:10 AM
superb time mate!

Mietepiet
25th December 2009, 08:59 AM
Hey Guys,
Merry x-mas to you all!!
Just came back from holliday and missed part of the discussion, which one is not legel?
- bypass of the whole loop
- bypass of part of the loop like in the vid posted earlier

gonna have a session right now

amplificated
25th December 2009, 09:07 AM
I *think* the complete magstrip bypass is illegal, but the boost-br onto the strip without bypassing anything is legal.

If I'm wrong I'd like to know, because I've used the method shown in leungbok's video (linked to by Rezatron) for the time I posted; and it's the method I've used on this track for the previous speed classes and I never assumed it was a glitch...

Dark_Phantom_89
25th December 2009, 09:42 AM
Merry Christmas everyone :)

To avoid any future conflicts, can we agree not to bypass any of the magstrip?

brainbeat
25th December 2009, 10:28 AM
23.08 1br all speedpads, (short term memory problem) hd icarus

thanks darkphantom to clarify, I struggle to get line needed on phantom,

the br is at beginning, u can also do a dolphin br on final straight, i did 1st time i tried it but found it quite hard i think you have to do it early as possible, may be ok 4 tt

Mietepiet
25th December 2009, 10:40 AM
23.57 - 11pads - 0br

Damn BR's

yeldar2097
25th December 2009, 10:49 AM
So for future reference, this is illegal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wvGERd6aKI

...in which case ignore my 22.52, I'll do another

Wotan
25th December 2009, 01:23 PM
22.72 , 0 BR - 10 pads with icaras HD

I will try the time trial too

tug_14
25th December 2009, 02:50 PM
23"01 0 br ( french touch :) ) 9sp

XBARNSTERX
25th December 2009, 02:52 PM
No BRs :turd

Rezatron
25th December 2009, 07:36 PM
22.97 - 10 SP - 0 BR - Fury

Will try to improve upon.

phaeton_pl
26th December 2009, 12:44 PM
23.04 - 9 SP - 0 BR's - Fury

I will try to improve :)

AG-wolf
26th December 2009, 02:17 PM
23.27 8sp 1br fury

XBARNSTERX
26th December 2009, 03:47 PM
Is the BR start allowed? Seen as we can't do this tracks shortcut. Every track has a shortcut, i don't see why we can't use the method leungboks video shows. The boost deserves a BR:nod

Dark_Phantom_89
26th December 2009, 05:11 PM
BR's at the start are allowed, it's just the magstrip bypass that isn't

KGB
26th December 2009, 06:00 PM
I thought you could BR and land at the pads but not bypass the loop.

phaeton_pl
26th December 2009, 07:19 PM
@XBARNSTERX

There is another shortcut possible ---> old leungbok's video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zud_N-OsiW4)

Also a sideshift BR onto the magstrip :nod

Dark_Phantom_89
28th December 2009, 06:18 PM
This week has come to a close, and what a week - it's great to see new competitors emerging and everyone finding some time to participate, what with Avalon and all - so a big thanks for doing so :)

You guys also voted for the criteria to be used this week to celebrate the New Year. There were lots of tracks with a single vote, but one that just clinched it with two. So here's this weeks criteria, as chosen by you:

SPEED LAP/ANULPHA PASS (REVERSE)/PHANTOM/ICARAS

yeldar2097
28th December 2009, 11:09 PM
Best I can do so far is 20.30...

brainbeat
29th December 2009, 12:23 AM
20.83 8 speedpads 5brs

ive managed same time twice, the other was 11 speedpads, im convinced a later boost and missing 1 or 2 of the three speedpads is better

SaturnReturn
29th December 2009, 01:00 AM
I was doing a few tracks on speed lap earlier and entered this week's speed lap challenge without realising it.:g

20.48 - 13 pads - 5 BRs - Icaras HD

Rezatron
29th December 2009, 01:19 AM
Haven't tried yet, is it faster to boost-BR after the twisty section at start or boost-BR after the narrow section?

yeldar2097
29th December 2009, 07:38 AM
At the start.

Biggest problem is the nose-down-up-boost-BR at the start. Took me 30 laps to do it even once last night :(

Any tips?

leungbok
29th December 2009, 08:52 AM
You must think about a "wave" when you nose-down/up, don't do the input too fast, it must be fluid and pitch control must be on and used at the same time than the stick/pad ;)

amplificated
29th December 2009, 12:12 PM
I've noticed I can feel that wave thing when I do it right as well. It's still somehow really hard to do though! Especially at fast speeds...

I'll try have a go at this later tonight, see how badly I fail. Damn you Phantom! :paperbag

Is there a double-BR opportunity just as you're entering the first tunnel? I think I've seen it done, if there's a double on the last corner I guess there's 7 possible BR's then... guess I've got something to work on :P

yeldar2097
29th December 2009, 01:23 PM
Entering the first tunnel yes, it's in my APR TT video on youtube. Not sure about the last corner, I know it can be done at slower speeds but I haven't tried at phantom yet.

Mmmm like a wave. wavey wavey :)
At which point during the wave should I use my boosty? If not I could try leungbok's special booboostBRBR at the start, I think that may be even faster (even if it is impossible for normal people ;)) :nod

leungbok
29th December 2009, 01:37 PM
i will upload a video soon, ugly laps but interesting
tricks (maybe some questions will find their answer ;))

amplificated
29th December 2009, 02:48 PM
Ah sorry Yeldar, I typed that post, and then checked YT for the vid. Possibly should have reversed that, but oh well :paperbag

brainbeat
29th December 2009, 04:51 PM
I call it a dolphin br, u have to boost as soon as you see your nose rising and keep pitching up while you lrl or rlr, like leungbok said its gotta be perfect flow, i have also managed the double on last corner, but just not managed to get it all in one nice lap, not tried boosting earlier, that may explain why everyone has more speedpads lol, ive been jumping over them (diagonal3) or just landing on last 1.

leungbok
29th December 2009, 10:58 PM
hope it can helps :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMqn7_3Ic3o&feature=channel

yeldar2097
30th December 2009, 07:41 AM
o_O

ohhhhhh...now I get it... :g

Now I just need to put my PS3 back together ;)

I love the double at the end :+
You think it's faster than a single with good lines?

leungbok
30th December 2009, 08:05 AM
It must be faster, you cut the corner more ! But not easy to perform the respawn is close, lol.

Dark_Phantom_89
30th December 2009, 09:48 AM
Leungbok, you should enter the challenge - your times are amazing :+

leungbok
30th December 2009, 10:32 AM
Then you can consider the 20.34 of my vid as my current time on the challenge ;)

KGB
30th December 2009, 11:01 AM
Quickest time so far is 20.79 with 6 BRs! - FURY

Managed the one at the start easily but the struggled for a while on the 3rd and 4th then did it once and got the PB. My lines were all over the place when I did get them so hopefully would improve with a bit more practice.

yeldar2097
30th December 2009, 10:56 PM
Finally I can do the BR at the start :g

Leungbok always knows how to demonstrate Mini-ET-Alien-BRs :+

19.91 - 12 Pads - 6 BRs - Icarus (HD)

leungbok
31st December 2009, 10:38 AM
20.23 = 6 BRs, some mistakes, no bsb. I'll try to catch you yeldar ! It'll be damn hard, grrr ! ;)

yeldar2097
31st December 2009, 01:22 PM
BSB isn't even possible any more is it?? (except for Pih's sneaky BSB from the video perhaps....?)

I was so frustrated last night, I got 20.06 (same as my old record) but I missed EVERY pad on the last turn...:(

Ah the joys of speed lap :lol

leungbok
31st December 2009, 02:19 PM
No, bsb isn't possible since fury release. Pih's trick is not a bsb, it's more a twisted boost/br. Another stuff i can't perform, like his boost/br-br on sol 2 :bomb

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd January 2010, 09:27 AM
I can only manage 21.07 with 5 BR's. I can get the 6th one but can't seem to chain it all together in one lap

amplificated
2nd January 2010, 10:31 AM
I've only got 20.91 I think it is; while I haven't had that much of an effort compared to usual, it's still pretty tough to get faster, although I think I missed an easy BR on my best run and a couple of pads... must've done pretty well elsewhere on the track :P

brainbeat
2nd January 2010, 08:18 PM
I thought i had an idea but realised it was impossible,

best time 20.49 icarus hd 5 brs,
why is it that it feels more stable than fury at phantom,

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd January 2010, 08:52 AM
Hi guys, just to let you know that I will be away until Thursday evening as I'm staying with a mate of mine in London for a few days. The challenge will still go on, and I'll update the leaderboard when I get back.

This weeks challenge finishes on Monday, 7.15pm GMT.

Seeing as I won't be here to announce the next one, I'll do it now:

SPEED LAP/THE AMPHISEUM (REVERSE)/RAPIER/PIRANHA

Thanks guys

blackwiggle
4th January 2010, 07:55 PM
28.66 10 speed pads 2 br's
I told a couple of mates to try the Amphesium SL + TT who both promptly beat my time.:paperbag

yeldar2097
4th January 2010, 08:15 PM
26.95 - 10 pads - 3 BRs

amplificated
5th January 2010, 02:31 AM
27.71, 10 pads, 3 br's, fury ship

could fix it up a little, but I think I need to learn that double br before the magstrip...

yeldar2097
5th January 2010, 11:03 AM
It's good if you do it but I've never managed to mix it in with a decent lap - requires far too much concentration :P

amplificated
5th January 2010, 11:27 AM
Actually I thought you did the double there for your time for some reason, looked again and it said 3 br's.

seems like that "some fixing up" is a little more than "some" :(

brainbeat
5th January 2010, 09:13 PM
new time 27.34 7 brs 9 speedpads xD
btw the 3xbr at beggining if u could do consistent you are probably looking at new tt wr, i easily got a 1.56 without the brs but diffrent route, no window shortcut

KGB
7th January 2010, 05:25 PM
Didn't have a lot of time last week, so I have tried a bit harder to find the time this week.

27.93 - 3 BRs - HD ship. Did have a previous best with 4 BRs but beat it with this. Out of interest what line is everyone using for the hairpin. Stay out wide then turn in or stay on the same line as the SP and drift out wide the other side of the corner. Can't decide which is best.

yeldar2097
7th January 2010, 05:37 PM
I sideshift right on the single pad just before the pin, then turn in early and end up in line with the double pads after the hairpin :)

KGB
7th January 2010, 05:48 PM
Well that must be the best way then. cheers. :+ I had visions of you sideshifting all over the place.

Rezatron
7th January 2010, 08:28 PM
27.54 - 9 SP - 3 BR - Fury Fish

Will try to improve upon. This time is missing the speed pad after the first BR opportunity and the BR before the mag strip. I did that BR a few times but need to practice it more. Thinking this will gain me around 0.3s...?

yeldar2097
7th January 2010, 08:51 PM
Should do yeah, all depends how you take it though. I just go for a tasty little right sideshift to get enough air :P

Yeah KGB I don't sideshift as much as some people. Forgot to mention the SS at the apex of the hairpin though, that's an important one :D

brainbeat
7th January 2010, 08:58 PM
sorry i lied, i didn't get 7 brs on my best run i just got 5 i think, im uploading a video with the 7 though, its not beat my time though because wasnt the best lap

amphisium reverse 7 brs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEin3MrPYwM)

i must of beat the 7x by just boostin at start, its a hard turn though.

amplificated
8th January 2010, 03:43 AM
Nice video brainbeat, I just had a session and couldn't pull that kind of start off at all...

still, 27.38, just behind you with 3 BR's :P

I also can't pull off the double at the magstrip, which is really really frustrating! It seems to be the key for really opening up my time now. I could only shave maybe up to .2-.3 I think further with my current method with 3 br's, at the most.

brainbeat
8th January 2010, 04:10 AM
Don't boost till u start to drop then keep you nose down, u should bounce then, works 1 in 8 laps for me lol,

amplificated
8th January 2010, 05:12 AM
whenever I managed to bounce I couldn't do a BR out of it, or it was so out of line it wasn't worth doing anything with :paperbag

any hints on how to do the double br at the mag though? I never seem to have enough room to do the second, doesn't matter if I land on the near or far side of the track.

brainbeat
8th January 2010, 10:31 AM
the double br is a bit easier for me if im more on the lefthandside than the middle, just gotta pitch up a little,

yeldar2097
8th January 2010, 10:52 AM
Hmm, nice BRs although I think it may be faster to just boost over the line normally and then BR off the first speed pad - less bounce, more speed :)

amplificated
8th January 2010, 11:37 AM
br's off the first speed pad now? fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..!

brainbeat
8th January 2010, 11:41 AM
yeah i only managed that a few times yelda i usaully miss the 2nd speed pad when i try, can get the br easily enough but only if i vear tio the right

Dark_Phantom_89
8th January 2010, 03:08 PM
Cheers for continuing the challenge while I was away guys. Everything is fully updated now.

yeldar2097
8th January 2010, 06:16 PM
Well I haven't incorporated the 1st BR into a lap yet, only managed it once. Definately worth a bit of time though :)

DeepMix
8th January 2010, 10:15 PM
i suppose the challenge is still on right? i saw this thread yesterday so today after 99 laps i have the world record :) its my first world record :'( im afraid it wont last long time but still it was hard but finally i made it.

And my record is:

0.26.93 - piranha fury - 10 speed pads - 5 brs

:D

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1676/dsc00025y.th.jpg (http://img46.imageshack.us/i/dsc00025y.jpg/)

brainbeat
8th January 2010, 10:54 PM
congratulations nice time

KGB
8th January 2010, 11:58 PM
Well done DeepMix.

New time of 27.75 - 10 sp - Fury.

Rezatron
9th January 2010, 03:36 AM
new time: 27.00 even - 9 SP - 4 BR - Fury

I can only pull of the first BR while on the right side of the track so i'm missing a speed pad. Did the double BR on the mag maybe twice in 64 laps but it was terribly executed.

Mietepiet
9th January 2010, 12:51 PM
27.84 - 7pads - 3br

Nice to see all them fish in the top 10 :)

I'm having big trouble with the first long right-hander. I hit the apex at the start and end, I ss at the start and on the sp at exit, but most of the times this results in missing the double sp, because the ss's are to close to eachother. anybody got any tips?

btw I also give up that sp for the 1st br

Rezatron
9th January 2010, 09:01 PM
i suppose the challenge is still on right? i saw this thread yesterday so today after 99 laps i have the world record :) its my first world record :'( im afraid it wont last long time but still it was hard but finally i made it.

And my record is:

0.26.93 - piranha fury - 10 speed pads - 5 brs

:D

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1676/dsc00025y.th.jpg (http://img46.imageshack.us/i/dsc00025y.jpg/)

Hey Deep, nice time, but the scavenger Leungbok beat it (26.79) using Icaras. :bat

He reads this thread, does not participate, and trys to beat all the times using the classic SL ship. :sonar Meh, kinda smart I guess as you don't "waste" your time using an "inferior" ship.

leungbok
10th January 2010, 06:07 AM
Yeah, off course i read this thread, i already posted in it (i even made some videos to show methods like chengou venom) !
When i see the impressive times that you guys are able to perform with any ship, i think "hey, nice !! Let's see if i can catch up with icaras !" (particularly when i used to own the record ;)). But i don't insist if i don't improve. i stay focused on phantom.
I'd participate more at dark-phantom's challenge if i had more time but learning all the crazy br that you guys are pulling from venom to phantom is too long, lol.
Also, i was doing speedlaps longtime before this challenge be created, i'll not stop now just because i don't participate at the challenge. The deepmix and yeldar's times are awesome with piranha and they lead the challenge atm !!
If someone is able to beat those times with other ships on the world ranking is another matter !
And to finish, nothing prevents deepmix or anyone to crush my time using icaras once the challenge will be finished (for info, 5 BRs same method as my phantom video)
;)

hmmm, and what's the point of your post, rezatron ? Does it means that it's forbidden to beat records made with "inferiors" ships (as you said) ? Or is it unfair or easy to beat these times using icaras ? Do the records achieved during the challenge are taboo ? :eek

Mietepiet
10th January 2010, 07:42 AM
I totally agree with Leungbok. imo this thread is about improving skill, having fun and using the full range of the game eg every ship/speedclass/track.

Dark_Phantom_89
10th January 2010, 10:03 AM
I'm certain that I'm missing something here as my current time is nowhere near you guys

yeldar2097
10th January 2010, 11:59 AM
And to finish, nothing prevents deepmix or anyone to crush my time using icaras

Or Piranha? :P

:lol

5BRs eh? Hmm I can only do 3...I'll see if I can find some BRbok magic powers somewhere :P

Mietepiet
10th January 2010, 12:11 PM
Got a new time:

27.64 - 6pads - 4br

yeldar2097
10th January 2010, 03:01 PM
26.91 - 8 Pads - 3BRs

I think I'm reaching my limit with 3BRs, need to get some others :nod

Edit: 26.77 - 8 Pads - 4BRs

leungbok
10th January 2010, 03:14 PM
ouch ! i'm safe only because of the 2 more brs IMO.
Bah i did the lap i wanted to, if you beat the record it'll be yours !
It's highly possible, grrr ! ;)

ha ha, nice yeldar ! damn you, how dare you do that with an inferior ship ? :D

Rezatron
10th January 2010, 04:07 PM
long post did not, and don't want to read

Just a consistent trend I have observed :sonar, that's all, do whatever you want. :+

leungbok
10th January 2010, 05:43 PM
I can do whatever i want ? cool, thanks ! ;)
I remember you on connavar's website saying that you'll crush all the tt/sl records (something like "i'm coming"). I answered you something like "good luck, then", lol.
You totally fit with the good spirit that used to be on this thread reza :lol

Rezatron
10th January 2010, 06:07 PM
You have misinterpreted my words (I assume English is not your first language). I looked again, and wrote on Connavar's site months ago "i'm coming up!" after a big jump in points within a short period, that's all. I never said I will crush records (?), I don't have the time nor ability :P You are reading things that aren't there and making assumptions. Move along...

Now to lighten the mood:
http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/1/3/9/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg
http://www.global-changes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Internet_argument.jpg

:lol

Dark_Phantom_89
10th January 2010, 06:27 PM
28.07 from me, 3BR's, 8SP's.

Where are people getting this elusive 4th BR from?

leungbok
10th January 2010, 06:30 PM
I looked again, and wrote on Connavar's site months ago "i'm coming up!" after a big jump in points within a short period, that's all. I never said I will crush records (?), I don't have the time nor ability :P You are reading things that aren't there and making assumptions. Move along...

oops, sorry i made the asumption that you would count on the rankings after saying "i'm coming up" :redface:

Btw, nice photo ! Is it you with your daughter/little sister ? ;)

@Dark_phantom, sideshifts, pitch control helps ! ;)

KGB
10th January 2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah I opened that photo up with a three year old sat next to me, nice one!:P

DeepMix
10th January 2010, 09:41 PM
28.07 from me, 3BR's, 8SP's.

Where are people getting this elusive 4th BR from?

1 br at the first SP, 2 br on the curve before the magnetic field, 1 br at the shortcut and the last br on the final part of the track :)

PD : Seems im #3 now lol ill try to get a better time later :)

KGB
11th January 2010, 12:22 PM
Final time is 27.61 - 9sp - 3BR - HD ship

brainbeat
11th January 2010, 03:23 PM
my best this week 27.34 7 brs fury, did 99 laps to get 0.02 better

i actually find it easier to do 3brs at beggining than boost on line i either slow down too much to take corner or dont turn and hit wall, lol

Mietepiet
11th January 2010, 06:04 PM
my final is: 27.46 - 6pads - 5br

Dark_Phantom_89
11th January 2010, 06:17 PM
Brilliant times this week everyone, keep up the good work - the sheer skill of each competitor really shows :)

The criteria for this week are as follows: SPEED LAP/TECH DE RA (FORWARD)/FLASH/ASSEGAI

Good luck everyone :)

brainbeat
11th January 2010, 07:58 PM
27.86 11 speedpads 4 brs
Are the lips advantageous on this track?
theres a double br on the long lefthander before straight, but im not sure if better because i think you miss speedpad, just take tight and right ss early, its one of them sebenco 1s. i didnt do it on my best time,

yeldar2097
11th January 2010, 08:19 PM
27.04 - 8 Pads - 4BRs

kanar
11th January 2010, 10:19 PM
ah ah yeldar, 8 speed pads, & still 27:04??? :mr-t you're amazing mate. I've tried for the first time flash speed class tonight, so here's my time; 27:61, fury assegai (what? had to let my Icaras at the garage grrr), 11 speed pads (4 BRs). Big thanks Dark_phantom for this great competition, even if I'm finding flash reeeallly slow, was great fun to try it.

But,

The main reason of my quick participation in your challenge (I'll probably won't try to lower that time, sorry mate I've to go back in phantom class to prepare feb. event, + the fact my hyperhidrosis is back, destroying my hands little by little) is that crap :

Hey Deep, nice time, but the scavenger Leungbok beat it (26.79) using Icaras. :bat
He reads this thread, does not participate, and trys to beat all thetimes using the classic SL ship. :sonar Meh, kinda smart I guess as you don't "waste" your time using an "inferior" ship.

Who the f**k are you to talk like that to one of the best pilot in the world? Let me say you I've already reported your s**t to the mods, using the little sign near the post number. I suggest you to post that kind of stuff somewhere else, cos' personnal attacks are not tolerated here. And about your pics; internet arguments? scavenger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scavenger#As_a_human_behaviour) is really not a good adjective to describe Leungbok. So I suggest you to apologise quickly and try to be polite next time you're posting here. I remember I pm'ed you in december, offering you to host with us the tournament, you didn't even bother to reply me. Now I see what kind of guy you are. :+ great stuff, team nawty can be proud of you.

SaturnReturn
11th January 2010, 11:15 PM
It looked like leungbok and Rezatron were both poking as much fun as each other and I dismissed it as banter hoping it would disappear. I'm not really interested in who started it or any of that either.

Having said that, Rezatron, if you (or anyone else) has issues with other pilots then please take them up in PMs rather than disrupting threads. Same goes for anyone else who wants to pick up on anything personal aimed at them - please do it in PMs, while still without insults.

P.S. If anyone does feel personally offended, victimised or attacked in any way that is unresolvable in friendly PMs, then the best thing to do would just be to report the offensive post or message. It's much easier to handle things if the proper methods are used.

Thanks

AG-wolf
11th January 2010, 11:41 PM
lololol drama

aside from that, how the hell are you guys getting these times?! o_O I haven't gotten below 29.56 yet... Flash is so slow and twitchy, I can't do it right... Ive also been busy without an opportunity to play, plus my left hand is messed up, so that might be part of it -_-

AG-wolf
12th January 2010, 12:08 AM
28.72 - 8sp - 4br - fury

I think my hand is messed up BECAUSE of Wipeout... i just noticed the way I do barrel rolls is really harsh on my wrist/palm somehow, and it even hurts all the way up my arm... I need to go to a doctor to get this looked at soon.

blackwiggle
12th January 2010, 12:38 AM
I get that when I have to play a game that uses the L2R2 triggers,that's why I changed the air brakes to L1R1.

Have yet to give this weeks SL & TT a go,I'll edit when I get a decent time.
Which might be a while looking at this weeks track & craft.

leungbok
12th January 2010, 06:37 AM
Are the lips advantageous on this track?

Usually when you use the lips to perform BRs, you slow down when you climb the lip, it can sometimes be compensated by the extra boost given by the BR, but i'm sure that your line has to be as close as the best one to make it advantageous (and it works only on venom/flash, i think not in rapier and i'm sure not in phantom). As an example on tech de ra reverse it can be advantageous because when you climb the lips of the left side you also cut the turn so your line is very good. To make it advantageous on tdr fwd, you have to use the lips on the inside of the turn. If you have the choice, the BRs on the track are faster than the lip's BRs IMO ;)

KGB
12th January 2010, 09:10 AM
Just for my peace of mind, where are you getting the BR's?

I'm doing them over the first corner, off the first hill, off the second hump and then boost and BR down the hill. Trouble is I'm finding the one off the second hump really hard to do. Is this where everyone else is doing them and if so how do I the hump one all the time.

27.85 - 4 BR - 9 pads - FURY

Dark_Phantom_89
12th January 2010, 10:51 AM
I haven't beaten my PB yet so I'll have another crack at it this evening.

I'm doing the same BR's as you KGB. I can do 6 BR's, but I think that 2 of them actually slow me down.

yeldar2097
12th January 2010, 10:54 AM
Just for my peace of mind, where are you getting the BR's?

I'm doing them over the first corner, off the first hill, off the second hump and then boost and BR down the hill. Trouble is I'm finding the one off the second hump really hard to do. Is this where everyone else is doing them and if so how do I the hump one all the time.

Same BRs as me :nod

There is one lip BR that is advantageous but it's a pain in the arse and will give max .1s i think...there's probably more than just that one but I can't really be arsed with lip BRs, too difficult to get into a nice lap.

amplificated
12th January 2010, 05:03 PM
I currently have 27.59, 4 br's, 9 sp's

I have the same br's as kgb in that attempt, but I tried to go for the lip br and failed :(

Right after the lip br on the left, you can use the speed to help you just clip another lip on the right for another br, which would also help a bit.

The damn br's though are almost as bad as Amphiseum's! I could only get the one at the bottom of the tunnel a few times, and I also kept stuffing up the one at the start.

Lance
12th January 2010, 05:04 PM
Eric, are you drawing with that hand?

AG-wolf
12th January 2010, 05:11 PM
no, thankfully lol but I use it just as much as my right anyway for other stuff, so it still sucks :/

Dark_Phantom_89
12th January 2010, 06:14 PM
The damn br's though are almost as bad as Amphiseum's! I could only get the one at the bottom of the tunnel a few times, and I also kept stuffing up the one at the start.

I frequently mess up the one at the start too and have only succeeded at the "right lip" BR rarely.

leungbok
12th January 2010, 07:43 PM
I did an attempt with assegai fury :)
27.45 4 BRs (same as Kgb and Yeldar), 10 sp1587

KGB
13th January 2010, 07:41 PM
Proving very difficult this week. I managed to get to within .07 of my time with 3 BRs. If I could do this one at the bottom of the hill with a lot more regularity then I'm sure I could get at least .3 off my time.

Mietepiet
13th January 2010, 08:18 PM
I never really raced the fury tracks before, but now I'm gonna like them more and more. These corners are so hard to learn and you can win/lose a lot.

so far: 27.87 - 9pads - 4br

@kgb: try it on venom, that worked big time for me

kaori
13th January 2010, 09:01 PM
28.56 for me 11 pads, 3 brs.

Dark_Phantom_89
14th January 2010, 05:20 PM
:eek Look at the time difference between KGB, brainbeat and Mietepiet - very close this week.

28.66, 4BR's, Fury Assegai

brainbeat
15th January 2010, 12:24 AM
new time 27.49 9 speedpads 4 brs

KGB
15th January 2010, 11:43 AM
After about 100 laps since I got my personal best I finally managed to beat my time by....... wait for it.... wait for it...... 00.01! New time is now 27.84. Brilliant :paperbag.

brainbeat
15th January 2010, 01:11 PM
lol I was like that myself, but figured out i was losing time on my boostbr, i managed to shave .30 just here. ss on speedpad and dont boost straight away like i was but a bit later and keep it tight to the right, aim at metal girder thats on lip.
By the time you get there you slot neatly on track.

Dark_Phantom_89
15th January 2010, 02:09 PM
After about 100 laps since I got my personal best I finally managed to beat my time by....... wait for it.... wait for it...... 00.01! New time is now 27.84. Brilliant :paperbag.

Lol, it's an improvement nonetheless ;)

Mietepiet
15th January 2010, 06:17 PM
I've improved to 27:80, which is very close to my limit I think.

But I'll check brainbeat's boost method tomorrow :P

KGB
15th January 2010, 06:28 PM
I've been boosting as soon as i hit the right hand side sp and doing what you do brainbeat - keeping it tight to the right. It's still the BR at the bottom of the hill that is messing up any chance of a good lap time. Every time I am ahead of my ghost by a decent margin I fail, when I'm behind it, I do it! obviously :brickwall.

brainbeat
15th January 2010, 07:02 PM
i think the best advice is to not let go off pitch untill you have landed br, i find i hold down on dpad, while doing a br, Im pretty decent at sf2 lol

Mietepiet
16th January 2010, 08:51 AM
I tested brainbeat's method@ boostpoint, equalled 27.80 with it, but I think landing on the sp is faster, also gives u a natural angle into the left-hander.

For that br over the little bumb. I get my angle right while in air (sp 2 left sp) and only start pitching up on the 1st sp.

edit: 27.72 - 10pads - 4br - fury

Dark_Phantom_89
18th January 2010, 07:49 PM
Quite a tricky one this week, at least for me it was ;)

Thanks to all who participated, your names will live on forever in the Hall of Fame thread.

Speaking of tricky, I know that the forward version of this track caused a few problems, so I felt it was time to take a risk and try out the reverse version, albeit on a lower speed class this time. So, I present this weeks challenge:

SPEED LAP/MODESTO HEIGHTS (REVERSE)/VENOM/EG-X

KGB
18th January 2010, 11:17 PM
First up. 28.60 - 1BR - FURY

I did this the slow way I think. Turbo at the start, then boost straight away and get the BR before the mag strip.

I was also trying Boost BR at the start then after the mag boost down to the 2 SPs. This will be faster obviously, but I decided to give the poor sods in the bridge a break as I have probably hit all of them (pictures to prove it as well :P). Hope I can improve on that.

brainbeat
18th January 2010, 11:50 PM
poor sods more like really massive people, are they the future upper glass lol living in 2 dimensions, yeah im still doing before magstrip but later than i was doing,
the bridge did my head in lol,

27.93 3 brs fury 21? speedpads

I managed to get a double br up hill

amplificated
19th January 2010, 06:39 AM
Took me a while longer than I would've liked to beat my old time and I don't like the method I'm using but I can't seem to find a way that's faster. NFI how brainbeat got more than 1 BR, either...

28.16, 24 pads, 1 BR, Fury eg-x.

and lol at that bridge, it's in the most frustrating spot ever - would be able to get some very good use out of that turbo if it weren't for its unfortunate placement.

KGB
19th January 2010, 08:26 AM
A double up the hill!! I didn't think that was possible, how do you do that brainbeat?

I have a 28.31 with two BRs, managed one at the bottom of the hill :)

leungbok
19th January 2010, 08:32 AM
there's an old Xbarnsternx's video showing that, kgb ! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1eKQeXzOc8

KGB
19th January 2010, 08:53 AM
Cheers mate :). I always thought the fastest excepted method was boosting under the bridge, but I have just watched a phantom vid by Amorbis and the one by Barnster both doing it the same way as I did. I think the only video I've seen of this track before was by the Pacman which must of been just after FURY came out.

As for the BRs, I might be able to pull that one off at the bottom of the hill. My SS/pitch/BR skills are a bit hit and miss. :redface:

leungbok
19th January 2010, 09:34 AM
Boost/br at the start is a good idea too ! ;)

Dark_Phantom_89
19th January 2010, 09:44 AM
Using the bridge BR method, I only got 29.16, 17SP's, 2BR's.

How are you guys getting these times :eek

yeldar2097
19th January 2010, 11:09 AM
fastest method i know is 5BRs but I can only do 2...

This track is impossible below phantom, the BRs are way too hard. I decided that just now, and what I say is gospel...honest :nod
:g

leungbok
19th January 2010, 05:07 PM
7 are possible in fact ! ;)
but the most i ever succeeded in one lap was 4.
Start with boost/br, boost/br before the magstrip - if you succeed the start with boost/br and if you keep your nose up, it's sometimes possible (but very hard) to fly over the magstrip bump and then you have enough speed to try an other br while entering in the long left hander - a double br at the tunnel exit (Xbarn's video) and the last one at the last left turn (with sideshift, same location as in phantom) and if you succeed this one you can double it ! :)

DeepMix
19th January 2010, 07:12 PM
i can only make 29.XX with 3 brs on the uphill :( i used the fury egx, i need to try the hd

edited: i got 28.22 with the HD EG-X 19 Speed Laps & 2 Brs

i can upload my ghost data if anyone wants it ( and if is permitted) mine is ntsc though

AG-wolf
22nd January 2010, 03:47 PM
29.25 18sp 2br Fury

you guys are insane, for the record :P

EDIT: updated time...you're all still insane lol

Mietepiet
23rd January 2010, 09:56 AM
finally managed a 28.87 - 19 pads - 2br - fury

took me around 500 laps to get a decent line, which is still not fast enough :(

Dark_Phantom_89
25th January 2010, 06:35 PM
Wow, 20 weeks - thanks for keeping the challenge alive guys :)

A frustrating challenge this week (at least for me it was,) but thanks to all who participated. Your names will be added to the Hall of Fame thread.

This weeks challenge is: SPEED LAP/SOL 2 (REVERSE)/PHANTOM/QIREX

Good luck everybody

brainbeat
25th January 2010, 09:04 PM
19.93 6 speedpads 3 brs fury

AG-wolf
26th January 2010, 01:14 AM
FINALLY! My favorite team on one of my favorite tracks! :D Sol 2 fwd is a bit easier, but I don't care... I won't be pulling my hair out like the previous challenge... I can't wait to give this a go

old time deleted and that was on lap 92 lol :P
I made a video recording my regular path around the track... can anyone offer some kind of insight/hints on how to take that first corner? I know most of my other problems are just taking tighter corners and not hitting the wall all the time... I stick to them like glue >_<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPlpokW0cy4

leungbok
26th January 2010, 07:08 AM
:eek Where do you use your turbo ?
About the start, try to boost a little earlier (not exactly on the line), it will be easier to control your line and to perform the BR ! ;)

KGB
26th January 2010, 08:34 AM
Never a big fan of the SL when it's got a tricky start, the BR at the start is a hard one. Haven't beat my record yet, but with qirex its 20.3x I think. 3 BR - FURY.

Your record says only 2 BRs AG wolf, is that a mistake or true. Three easy ones at least on this track. I noticed on your vid you weren't using your boost anywhere. Do you boost down the track after the S's at the start? Nice last lap though. :g

AG-wolf
26th January 2010, 11:10 AM
I can only get 2 easy BRs, where is the third?

and I wasn't using my boost because I usually use it at the crest of the last hill; but since I was chasing my own ghost, it was pointless to use the boost if I wasn't in front of my ghost at that point in the first place.

KGB
26th January 2010, 11:24 AM
I could be wrong but I think the fastest method is, after the S's boost at the SP down the track and BR, then up to the tight hair pin BR there and then at the crest of the last hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubsIJTiiCU&feature=related found this.

brainbeat
26th January 2010, 11:24 AM
you can boost down the hill near start and br then take the left hander apex pitch up br and ss round corner,
my start was like yours agwolf but a bit earlier and no br,

like video above but br at 13 secs in too,

AG-wolf
26th January 2010, 11:41 AM
gotcha, awesome Ill try that later this week then... I actually have classwork I should be doing today :P Thanks... I used to boost at that early part of the track, but it never seemed to be much faster for me; guess I just need to spend more time with it.

new new new new new updated time:
19.78 4br 6sp fury and i could have done better but i scraped the wall like at the last 10 feet before the finish line >____< my hand hurts so much right now lol

edit 2: What, do i need to post a pic because I don't normally get decent times like this or something? :P lol

leungbok
26th January 2010, 05:55 PM
19.46 4 br, 6sp fury ship

KGB
26th January 2010, 07:32 PM
Good times Leungbok and AG Wolf, I'm struggling with this my self, it seems a real fight trying to get this ship round the track at the moment. I'd really like to beat my personal best in it but I'm about .5 down still. Getting there slowly

Dark_Phantom_89
27th January 2010, 09:23 AM
20.37 so far without the corner BR. I found it was actually slowing me down. Maybe I'm not taking the angle right...

-----------------------

Pictures are purely optional AG-wolf.

My apologies for not updating your time - I didn't notice your edited post :paperbag

Sorted it now - great time :)

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to double post - go easy on me mods ;)

AG-wolf
30th January 2010, 03:21 AM
on the off-chance I don't get an opportunity to work any harder at my time, I'll post my incremental improvement for now:
19.71 4br 6sp fury

Mietepiet
30th January 2010, 09:17 AM
20.26 - 5pads - 3br - fury

sub 20 should be well in reach, since I haven't used a boost @ start. hope 2 have some time 2 improve.

yeldar2097
30th January 2010, 11:25 AM
lol, I just noticed the tags in this thread :lol

@DP86: With the BR on the corner you can get around fine in most ships without having to pay too much attention to the line you take: Just make sure you keep airbraking left when you're actually doing the LRL/RLR thingy. I think with Qirex you should be fine just so long as you are middle-right-ish when you enter the corner.

AG-wolf
30th January 2010, 02:40 PM
I actually find it easier to approach no further left than the middle of the course as you go up the ramp at the corner... it helps you orient your ship left without hitting the inside wall, so that when you land, the boost from the BR takes you straight through the rest of the turn without hitting anything.. but of course everyone has their own technique lol XD

yeldar2097
30th January 2010, 03:53 PM
Fair enough, I don't really know...harimau+ doesn't really take any effort at all and that's what I'm used to. Self-driving ships ftw :P

Edit: Actually you may be right there, just check one of my old qirex vids and it seems I didn't really approach from the right at all.

My bad :paperbag

brainbeat
1st February 2010, 11:49 AM
my new pb 19.69 5 speedpads 3brs, (just a boost start no br there ever for me)

AG-wolf
1st February 2010, 12:57 PM
D: Do you guys play without hitting the walls at all or something? :P Awesome, only 3brs! I have like 4 or 5 hours to try and beat that now XD

brainbeat
1st February 2010, 01:49 PM
lol, i was for the first 50 laps, just got lucky, Theres quite a bit of time that i scraped off at the beggining by ss into the s corner, if done right you dont need to do any airbraking.

Out of curiosity when you do the boost br into the lap do you boostbr half way down the straight or do you boost br near the last speedpad?
I only managed to br when doing mega early but never took corner sweet when i managed it.

AG-wolf
1st February 2010, 03:02 PM
As I approach the starting grid, with the 8 launch pads, I start nosing down... I fire the turbo just as I hit the launch position furthest from the start/finish line and immediately pull back/nose up. The track makes a very slight incline RIGHT before the turn starts, and it puts you just high enough off the track to do a BR if you're quick enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZYcx0Ga2s

if you wait just a tiny bit later to fire the turbo, you can utilize more of its speed in the next lap, but sometimes you risk overshooting the right wall of the turn

AG-wolf
1st February 2010, 03:48 PM
19.51 6sp 4br Fury

Dark_Phantom_89
1st February 2010, 04:49 PM
Argh I beat my time but in the Time Trial Challenge, so it doesn't count :(

KGB
1st February 2010, 06:07 PM
Don't think I ever posted my time.

20.28 - 5sp - 3BRs - FURY.

Not a good week, one of my favorite tracks but least favorite ships, then I didn't feel like playing much due to the news about SL.

leungbok
1st February 2010, 06:22 PM
Kgb, mate, i think that we must do the opposite, and play that wonderfull game as we never did (if real life allows that off course ^^) ! :)
On topic : nice time ag-wolf ;)

KGB
1st February 2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah, chin up and all that :D. I'll do this weeks more, I'm waiting with bated breath to see what it is.

Dark_Phantom_89
1st February 2010, 06:56 PM
Another week has come to a close, and what a week it was with the Studio Liverpool shock :( Once again, the speed lappers names will be added to the Hall of Fame thread.

This weeks criteria are as follows: SPEED LAP/SEBENCO CLIMB (REVERSE)/FLASH/AURICOM

No need to wait with bated breath soon KGB, in a couple of weeks the choice will be with you guys just as it was during Christmas and the New Year.

KGB
1st February 2010, 07:18 PM
Nice :D

Mietepiet
1st February 2010, 08:59 PM
27.68 - 8pads - 7br - fury

brainbeat
2nd February 2010, 12:37 AM
Cheers wolf sorry had to go work:( so just read your reply.
I wish i knew that br 10 hrs ago lol.

btw if anyones interested lol i have an idea involving magnets mice in powerwheel and remotecontrol.:twisted

AG-wolf
2nd February 2010, 01:09 AM
I'm dumbfounded... I actually can't do this week's challenge.

Flash is literally just too slow

.__.

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd February 2010, 07:02 AM
I'm in that position too AG. My time is around a second slower than Mietepiet's. And as for 7BR's, I can only do 6, 2 of which actually slow me down.

Mietepiet
2nd February 2010, 07:06 AM
Did a 100 lap session on sol2 yesterday, trying for that br at start, but i've never ended in front of my ghost. Anyway Thanx AG-wolf for that vid, will try it agai in the future.

KGB
2nd February 2010, 08:42 AM
27.76 - 9SP - 5 or 6 BRs - fury

I got a Boost/BR at the start once but haven't tried it a lot. Lots of sideshifting needed to get any BRs on this track.

yeldar2097
2nd February 2010, 10:10 AM
Should be around 11 useful BRs by my reckoning :)

amplificated
2nd February 2010, 10:10 AM
Out of the 6 BR's I know, you don't have to sideshift to do any of them :o

Of course it makes one or two of them easier and faster though...

I reckon going for the nose down/up-br for a BR at the start would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much trouble for its worth on this track. I might be wrong, but I think I'd need a video to be convinced :P

might have a go with the Auricom later

edit:
11 BR's!? :(

I think I'd need a video to be convinced :P

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd February 2010, 10:15 AM
11BR's? I'm guessing they are the special leungbok types that nobody else is skilled enough to get? ;)

yeldar2097
2nd February 2010, 10:22 AM
No, thankfully not. They aren't actally all that taxing, cept the boostBR at the start - tis hard to control.

....There's really hard BRs and then there's impossible, stupid, highly unfair, BR-maniac (you know who you are ;) ) BRs

where are you people boosting btw?

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd February 2010, 10:27 AM
I'm boosting right after the start and getting two (sometimes three if I'm lucky) BR's going into the tunnel. My time is way off of the other guys though.

yeldar2097
2nd February 2010, 10:30 AM
Oh there's 3 going into the tunnel? In that case I meant 12 ;)

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd February 2010, 10:33 AM
:eek I thought 3BR's in the tunnel was part of the 11BR's!

leungbok
2nd February 2010, 10:53 AM
In that case I meant 12 ;)
12 BR always deserves a vid, yeye !! ;)

yeldar2097
2nd February 2010, 11:15 AM
You'll have to wait til June for that....my racing suit is being washed at the moment ^_^

KGB
2nd February 2010, 11:32 AM
Out of the 6 BR's I know, you don't have to sideshift to do any of them :o

Probably need to change my line then, i don't seem to have enough speed to get them on the line I want to take so I have to SS across to get the height. Failure on my behalf no doubt. Not going to even try and get any more than 7 on here, 12 is a ridiculous amount IMO. I'm starting to hate them. My thumb's wrecked from trying 21 on the TT

yeldar2097
2nd February 2010, 11:46 AM
well I think my current pb is 7-8. would be nice to get 12 in one good lap though :P

amplificated
2nd February 2010, 12:13 PM
Just try pitching up a bit KGB, that should be enough for the BR's on the hill after the straight out of the tunnel, the one you can pull off right after it, and the one going down the hill around the bend; but stay left for that last one.

brainbeat
2nd February 2010, 12:30 PM
I think i got 27.50 last night, but will have to check, oh and i cant make the 2nd to last br like that amplificated, i have to go on rhs then left ss to get that 1,

amplificated
2nd February 2010, 02:01 PM
this is the one where you're going down the hill after the bend yeah? Usually I stay on the left until about halfway down, then ss right and BR

Different methods ey? :P

My earlier attempt was with the Icaras 'cause I forgot which ship I was supposed to use, so my time is invalid, but I got 27.49 I think with my method, with room for improvement.

KGB
3rd February 2010, 09:56 AM
New time. 27.16 - 6 pads - 7Brs - Fury. Still sideshifting to get 3 of them, just cant seem to get the pitch right and I have to take my thumb off accelerate to get round the last corner :redface::paperbag.

yeldar2097
3rd February 2010, 10:12 AM
Doesn't make all that much difference as far as I know...I sideshift the ones going down the hill sometimes, it just depends on what line you have taken duringthe previous BR/corner...maybe? :lol

leungbok
3rd February 2010, 08:20 PM
Nice lap time, kgb ! :)

Mietepiet
6th February 2010, 07:37 AM
I got a question about the left-hander after the uphill straight.
Is if possible to land the 2nd br on or near the speedpads, so
the boost kicks in on the straight?
I'm landing it now just before the corner, ending most of the
time in the right-side wall

brainbeat
6th February 2010, 10:10 AM
I think its possible, i think if you were to do 1st br on right hand side, you could probably land on it, not my favourite track prefer forward. I will try later though,
i managed to get a br by hitting mountain on left side on the final left turn, but was in a practice lap.

phaeton_pl
6th February 2010, 11:03 AM
I got 27.61 with few BR's. These days i race mostly Phantom and i can't find myself on lower speed classes :(

Different methods? I tried to boost on the straight before last corner.
Boost right after the left turn with pitch up. You can land a BR on the top of the hill and pull off the second one into the last corner. You can also fly over the hill. I think my best with this method was 28.06 or something. The whole session was no more than 20-25 laps, i don't have patience anymore.

P.S. Can we try AnooBpha Pass Forward / Rapier next week :)
or Moa Therma Forward /Rapier

KGB
6th February 2010, 05:22 PM
I start in the middle of the crest then SS over to the left. I think I have the left air break on straight after the 2nd BR and I might of taken my thumb off the X button here as well.

Dark_Phantom_89
6th February 2010, 06:01 PM
I can't get the BR to land directly on the speed pads - I have to sideshift onto them