PDA

View Full Version : The Speed Lap Challenge

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

yeldar2097
7th November 2009, 11:46 PM
Hello laydeez! Nice job :+

Edit: I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but according to the ranking site the current WR is xx.72... :(

great time all the same :+

Rezatron
7th November 2009, 11:55 PM
Here's a snap depicting my rage:

Goodnight gents, time to get smashed :beer

KGB
8th November 2009, 12:03 AM
Good stuff Rezatron, I wish someone would tell me what that star means?

brainbeat
8th November 2009, 12:06 AM
just a perfect lap kjb, and very good time, take it you got 3 brs then

KGB
8th November 2009, 12:15 AM
Really? It's never made any sense to me, I'm sure I've had perfect laps before but it never came up with a star. I really should of worked it out by now.

leungbok
8th November 2009, 06:38 AM
star = perfect lap ;)

Rezatron
8th November 2009, 06:51 AM
Hello laydeez! Nice job :+

Edit: I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but according to the ranking site the current WR is xx.72... :(

great time all the same :+

Really? I see 21.88 in the game (frozen) leaderboards and the ranking site :?:

I just did 21.76 in a Feisar+, mildly **** faced may I add :clap Room for improve when i'm straight.

leungbok
8th November 2009, 07:09 AM
Really? I see 21.88 in the game (frozen) leaderboards and the ranking site :?:
I just didn't tried yet to upload it ;)
I'll do it today, hoping it will really upload :rolleyes:

Rezatron
8th November 2009, 07:13 AM
OK I will beat that time tomorrow when I wake up and am 100% ;)

XBARNSTERX
8th November 2009, 08:24 AM
Erm, i've got a .68 . think thats the current record:D

leungbok
8th November 2009, 09:27 AM
was ! ;)

Dark_Phantom_89
8th November 2009, 09:59 AM
Great time and nice pic Rezatron! :clap

Mietepiet
8th November 2009, 11:49 AM
Whow, amazing times being post atm :clap

I just managed a 22.95. just giving the heat back to DP89.

Dark_Phantom_89
8th November 2009, 11:57 AM
Not again Mietepiet - I can never beat you! Nice time though :D

amplificated
8th November 2009, 03:39 PM
Last minute attempt yielded 22.25. 2 BR's, 11 speed pads, HD Triakis.

I was getting pretty annoyed, my previous time (22.46) was something I was really unhappy with, and I beat my ghost consistently for a full 99 lap session until the last corner with the BR. Didn't take me long after that to finally beat it, and get something I can look forward to beating with a ship I like now :P

Dark_Phantom_89
8th November 2009, 05:57 PM
Whow, amazing times being post atm :clap

I just managed a 22.95. just giving the heat back to DP89.

Didn't realise it, but I finally won our rivalry this week, with a 22.93! Still, doesn't change the fact that you've beat me every other week Mietepiet :D

Nice work amplificated!

Dark_Phantom_89
8th November 2009, 06:06 PM
Some fantastic Speed Lapping this week guys, particularly as the challenge proved to be rather difficult this week - well done to all who competed, and a particular congratulations to Rezatron's joint world record time :clap All times from this week will be added to the Hall of Fame.

This week's criteria are as follows: SPEED LAP/TALON'S JUNCTION (REVERSE)/VENOM/GOTEKI 45

The Time Trial Challenge will begin next week, but I would like to get some opinions from you guys - would you like the criteria for Time Trials to be the same as the Speed Lap week or different?

yeldar2097
8th November 2009, 06:49 PM
Same criteria and mandatory participation in the SL challenge (as mentioned in earlier posts) :+
Can we start now? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :P (eager beaver over here)

Gonna have a crack now, will edit this post with time :g

Mietepiet
8th November 2009, 07:47 PM
Great work DP89, and all others :+

brainbeat
8th November 2009, 07:50 PM
great work everyone,
I have just done 50 laps the best i time i got was

0.34.00 10 Speedlaps 1 BR Goteki fury

KGB
8th November 2009, 08:10 PM
You should keep the TT the same speed, track and ship as the SL. It would be too complicated any other way. I also agree on the SL being obligatory to enter the TT side of things. Can we hope for a Phantom one at some point. :D It's where my heart lies.

Rezatron
8th November 2009, 10:15 PM
great work everyone,
I have just done 50 laps the best i time i got was

0.34.00 10 Speedlaps 1 BR Goteki fury

Early run, only 13 laps :P : 33.99 - 10 pads - 1BR - Goteki+

I'm convinced i'm missing something on this track... does everyone boost at the loop?

yeldar2097
8th November 2009, 10:48 PM
Yes, I boost at the loop, checking out a possible alternative though...
I got 33.3x I think... will have a check in a sec (teehee)

Rezatron
8th November 2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah I think you can boost and BR towards the end of the lap (last turn), not sure if possible at this speed.

12 more laps: 23.95 - 10 pads - 1BR - Goteki+

Don't see room for much improvement here... :brickwall

edit: nevermind, 33.69 now

amplificated
9th November 2009, 04:50 AM
Just had a a 50 lap session and got 0.02 of a second behind both Rez and my Icaras time... I think I can improve on that, so we'll see how we go.

I don't think I've even used the Fury Goteki before this; at least it isn't like adjusting to the Triakis xD

//current time:
33.71, 10 speed pads, 1 BR, Fury Goteki

XBARNSTERX
9th November 2009, 05:34 AM
was ! ;)

lol:P

Whats the current record now then mate?

I used hd icaras for mine, i believe it to be faster round this track for some reason.
I tried and tried in icaras+ and couldnt beat my pb, then found it surprisingly easier with the other ship:mad:

Rezatron hows 10 extra seconds better lol.

For the br at the start its best to pitch up down an up for the height, better than just down up IMO :D

@Rezatron...I meant the post you made for this weeks challenge sorry, you put 23 instead of 33 thats all lol. Sorry for the confusion.:)

33.30, 10pds, 2brs, goteki+

Rezatron
9th November 2009, 05:34 AM
I just found that it's possible to do a BR from the turbo boost at the start of the race (i'm sure this is known to many). It's very difficult to pull off (at least for me) and when I get it I totally mess up the first corner...

Barnster: it's 21.62 (referring to Modesto Rapier SL)

leungbok
9th November 2009, 06:50 AM
You must boost a little before the end/start line to take the first turn easier while BR-ing ;)

amplificated
9th November 2009, 06:56 AM
Do you guys have any tips on how to consistently do the boost-br? I can only do it, based on my attempt just now, about 1 in every 25 laps.

Somehow I got a new time in the same session; 33.66. Don't know how I got an ok boost at the start while failing to boost-BR...

XBARNSTERX
9th November 2009, 07:15 AM
Do you mean at the start mate?

Leungbok mate i've just managed to beat yet another bsb time,
vineta k rev venom, and i missed a br too :D

leungbok
9th November 2009, 07:31 AM
Oh nice ! :clap
Was bsb really advantageous on vineta k reverse ?

XBARNSTERX
9th November 2009, 07:32 AM
Not really but bsbsb was :D

Dark_Phantom_89
9th November 2009, 08:19 AM
34.48, 1 BR, 10SP's for me so far. Will see if it changes over the week

EDIT: 34.14 now

amplificated
9th November 2009, 08:22 AM
Do you mean at the start mate?

Indeed I do

It just seems almost random whether or not it allows me to gain height... I don't have the right timing for it or something.

phaeton_pl
9th November 2009, 06:07 PM
I just got a quick session: 10 x speed lap, 2 x time trial

SL: 33.52 10SP's, 2BR's

TT: 1.46.80 30SP's, 3BR's

both with Fury Goteki.

Boost BR is advantageous here but must be perfectly timed. Works well on all speed classes :)

EDIT: 3 BR's in TT, 1 per lap, sorry :D

KGB
9th November 2009, 06:43 PM
Not tried TT yet, I thought it started next week.

My time is rubbish at the moment, can't remember what it is. Where are you getting 6 BRs at phaeton_pl? On SL I can get one at the loop and if I'm lucky one at the start line, but I must be missing something yet again if you can get 6 in TT.

Dark_Phantom_89
9th November 2009, 06:46 PM
TT starts next week, you are correct KGB.

I'm also interested in the 2BR's. I can't even attempt the one at the start - it just looks impossible to me. Is there a possible 3rd BR?

yeldar2097
9th November 2009, 06:58 PM
Depends on your boost location ;)

Actually phaeton is a bit of a BR fiend so maybe he's found a sneaky one somewhere :)

Mietepiet
9th November 2009, 07:22 PM
My time so far is an 34.69 - 10pads - 1br - goteki+

I can also use a little help on that 2nd br, been trying that br leungbok does in his phantom sl video, but that one looks impossible for me on this class :(

yeldar2097
9th November 2009, 07:34 PM
Wanna vid?

Mietepiet
9th November 2009, 07:54 PM
You know I like vid's, don't ya?
And I know you like to record one, soo.. .yes please!

yeldar2097
9th November 2009, 08:22 PM
33.04 - 10 Pads - 2BRs - G45+ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7VRHpyp7N4)

Things to do differently (apart improving lines because that's always possible):
Boost slightly earlier and pitch up so that you 'skip' more of the mag loop.
Left Sideshift on the last pad (my fingers got in a muddle :lol)

KGB
9th November 2009, 08:25 PM
Depends on your boost location ;)

Hmmm? When I was trying various places to boost I thought that you may be able to use it just before the left-hander before the loop - missing a bit of the corner - BR - landing and using the speed to BR again into the loop, Obviously didn't do it, but it's the thought that counts isn't it. :D

I think I'm a second down on this which is hard to take as it's only on venom. I've often wondered why I was about 5 seconds down on the phantom times, it's all becoming very clear that I wouldn't know a decent line if it was painted on the track, or if the first thought to cross my mind is true, you're all cheating. :P

yeldar2097
9th November 2009, 08:36 PM
Link now up in previous post.

Haha, that's exactly the boost method I tried to do yesterday KGB (I failed but it's defs there somewhere) :D
Great minds eh?

If anyone can ID the song in my video I'll give you a cookie, I'm desperate to know what it is :)

leungbok
9th November 2009, 09:34 PM
Kgb and Yeldar, i tried too to boost before the loop (in the chicane) and even with a little shortcut+a BR using the boost + a 2nd BR hiting the pad and landing on the loop it seems slower than a simple boost/BR in the loop :eek
Maybe a BR at the end could be advantageous, but not easy at venom speed !
Nice vid as usual Yeldar ;)

phaeton_pl
9th November 2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry for a mistake, i only did 3 BR's in my TT :)

I use the same method as you guys. In a loop I boost a bit later with nose up. Boost after the loop isn't advantageous as you loose too much time in the loop.

Hey, is it venom speed class? Video says flash...

yeldar2097
9th November 2009, 11:44 PM
Sorry, my mistake...will change it. Thanks for pointing it out phaeton :)

Rezatron
10th November 2009, 03:35 AM
My first lap with a boost BR I got 33.37 (10SP - 2BR - Goteki+). Only did 12 laps this time round. Gonna have a proper (marathon?) session later this week and won't stop playing until I kiss the apex out of the boost BR on the first corner. :+

amplificated
10th November 2009, 07:12 AM
Saw your post and realised I had to beat your time, Rezatron...

64 laps, only managed about 6 boost-BR's on the start line, 3 which went into the wall and the other 2 I somehow stuffed up by not BR'ing going into the loop (which never happened except for those 2 attempts), and every time I said I was going to give it a rest after this lap, I managed to do a damn boost-BR at the start line that made me keep going. And then I finally sort-of nailed the last one :P

33.16, 10 pads, 2 BR's, fury goteki

Could improve a little bit, but I think, unless you beat this time, I'm going to give it a rest for a bit :P

Dark_Phantom_89
10th November 2009, 10:03 AM
Nice work amplificated, very impressive time :)

Mietepiet
10th November 2009, 03:23 PM
I just stole an inch from DP89

34.13 - 9 pads:( - 1br - fury

Gonna try now for that boost-br @ the start

Dark_Phantom_89
10th November 2009, 07:01 PM
Another interesting rivalry this week Mietepiet ;)

brainbeat
11th November 2009, 03:00 AM
new time 0.32.94 10 speedpads 2brs and loads of sideshifts,
cant see me getting much more off this, maybe .20 at the most,
i found it easier wen i did a lap in icarus so had a decent ghost to follow, i can almost keep up with it too but gets away at boost.

Dark_Phantom_89
11th November 2009, 08:20 AM
Do you mean 33.94 brainbeat, or 32.94?

amplificated
11th November 2009, 11:14 AM
Brainbeat's pretty good, I'd imagine he meant 32. Which has made me want to beat 33 now. Currently on 33.07...

brainbeat
11th November 2009, 01:10 PM
thats no typo :) ill upload a pic if i dont improve

KGB
11th November 2009, 03:03 PM
Got 33.76 - 2 BR - 10 SP - Fury.

I think I can do better, we will see. Had a go at time trial in preparation for next week with same ship, speed and track managed to get somewhere near the top ten as it stands. Looking forward to the start of it, it can only improve my skills.

Dark_Phantom_89
11th November 2009, 05:14 PM
I can't do the boost BR - it's just impossible for me.

brainbeat - excellent time, just thought I'd check it because only a handful of pilots can beat yeldar ;)

brainbeat
11th November 2009, 11:09 PM
a tip for boostbr, imagine its a dolphin jumping out of water, pitch down then up and boost as soon as crafts nose is up, i get everytime now, i did struggle though untill i figured out the timing, Thanks rezatron for the tip didnt know was possible to force craft of flat track

Rezatron
12th November 2009, 02:27 AM
Did a quick run yesterday: 33.22 (10SP - 2BR - Goteki+), can improve, some bad lines on that one.

I better get my ass in gear, y'all haven't heard the last from me this week ;)

For some reason I find getting a good place in Speed Lap Venom much more difficult than Flash or Rapier. Perhaps more attempts have been put into Venom compared to the Flash and Rapier classes...

brainbeat
12th November 2009, 02:49 AM
new time 32.67 8 speedpads 2 brs, im onto something

Rezatron
12th November 2009, 02:50 AM
only 8 speed pads? what are you up to? :eek

brainbeat
12th November 2009, 03:16 AM
lol, ffs why youtube why, its like it wants to mock me, i should really check them afterwards, thought because i was in edit mode it was suppose to run like that, gonna have to find a 3gp cutter then ill upload to megaupload or sendspace

amplificated
12th November 2009, 03:37 AM
LOL

You make the worst videos ever - didn't you submit that upside-down video for TDR(R)?

This one is getting 1.5 frames per second so you can't tell what you're doing, and you left about 30 seconds worth of video there that you didn't want anyone to see.

sorry to sound harsh, it's just funny

Rezatron
12th November 2009, 04:00 AM
Whatever Brainbeat has found (would love a good video) he's breaking all/most of the speed lap and TT (I think) WRs! :clap

amplificated
12th November 2009, 04:03 AM
Oh yeah, I got caught up with the video...

awesome time, brainbeat! :P

brainbeat
12th November 2009, 05:36 AM
well ive managed to split it and i reuploaded an avi conversion, low and behold youtube flips it upside down, gonna retry one more time cos i think there encoder is glitchy, if not ill upload to a host site tommorow, its still low res but u can get the idea from the video, it plays smooth on my end, just looks very small lol, oh and it wont work on tt

even metacafe messes it up http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4K38PGXS

amplificated
12th November 2009, 06:57 AM
It's still pretty hard to see what's going on, but it seems that's some crazy **** right there.

I'm guessing that's something that will be patched in a future update... but still, interesting find!

Dark_Phantom_89
12th November 2009, 07:55 AM
Maybe try recording it upside down - then youtube will flip it the right way lol

leungbok
12th November 2009, 08:35 AM
@Brainbeat and the other pilots on this thread !
Hmmf, so this glitch is usefull at venom speed ! :(
I know that problem since month (and other top pilots too).
There's other glitches on this game, i know atm 7 races where it's advantageous !
I'll not give you the corrupted tracks (yes Sat i use "corrupted" intentionaly), i don't want some members or guys that comes on the forum could use them, like lot did with the anulpha zone glitch !!
I can name 2 : moa reverse and sol2 forward where it's obvious. An average pilot (no need to name him you just have to look at the official boards) beat with more than one second the sol2 experts like Pirahpac and Phaeton and that on all speedclass :eek, is he uberskilled ? :rolleyes:. This glitch as all the others (like moa r, like talon r...) is random, so NO SKILLS INVOLVED in it, and a BIG FRUSTRATION for pilots that loves sl/tt contests.
just look at this old thread i created one year ago and i hope you'll understand how using glitch can totally wipe the interest on the game :
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5527
2 things annoys me on that :
First : a lot of people here where totally upset about the bsb, but not a word on glitches like the moa's one :rolleyes:
Second : Instead of trying to correct ONLY the bsb tricks (they fail it still works) i'd REALLY REALLY REALLY prefer SL corrected those issues of no respawn and no collisions at various places in the game.
SL did a great game with wohd, but it seems that we have a beta version of it. I suppose sony oblige their studio to release the game at a precise date without time to fix all the still remaining bugs. I prefer believing that, but who may be the responsible, it's a SHAME, really ! :(
Lot of people plays less online because of adds, but now if all glitches are used to play offline, i know several hardcore gamers that will simply stops playing wipeout hd !

KGB
12th November 2009, 08:46 AM
True leungbok, I looked at this before and wasn't happy with it, it's not a new shortcut it's a ugly looking glitch that's got no place in a speed lap challenge or in HD for that matter. Nothing personal against Brainbeat and he did well to find it, but the time can't stand IMHO. Sorry. Others may disagree.

leungbok
12th November 2009, 09:33 AM
About that, i already beat some WR with various glitches to see what the advantage could be ! But to be sure the time will not be recorded, you must quit the game WITHOUT FINISHING your speedlap session, you must press the ps button of the ds3 to quit the game. That way a new pb will not be saved and will never appears on the leaderboards. All my pb are clean with that method :)
I didn't have to erase my save anymore ;)

Rezatron
12th November 2009, 10:04 AM
well ive managed to split it and i reuploaded an avi conversion, low and behold youtube flips it upside down, gonna retry one more time cos i think there encoder is glitchy, if not ill upload to a host site tommorow, its still low res but u can get the idea from the video, it plays smooth on my end, just looks very small lol, oh and it wont work on tt

even metacafe messes it up http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4K38PGXS

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/14852/original/125184296390.jpg

The lip BRs on Tech De Ra reverse were bad enough IMO, this takes it to a whole new level. I agree it most definitely goes against the spirit of the speed lap challenge and the game in general. Studio Liverpool needs to clean up all the walls in the game, this just shouldn't be possible in the first place.

Props on finding it though! :mr-t

Dark_Phantom_89
12th November 2009, 12:10 PM
Hmm, an interesting concept. Be honest brainbeat, did you use the glitch? I haven't seen the video and can't download it because it is now unavailable

brainbeat
12th November 2009, 12:23 PM
sorry i didnt think it would be deemed glitchy i thought it was more in the style of wipeout 2097, yeah i boosted into bump then boost in air, i apologize and wont do again,

Dark_Phantom_89
12th November 2009, 12:39 PM
Thank you for being honest brainbeat, I appreciate that :)

However, I'll have to put your time back to its original, as there have been some disputes about it

Rezatron
12th November 2009, 12:43 PM
I think he did a 32.9x "legit" lap though right bb?

brainbeat
12th November 2009, 12:43 PM
understood I can see i have pissed people off

brainbeat
12th November 2009, 01:06 PM
yeah 32.94 was legit rez, i went to bed on an upper this morning,

KGB
12th November 2009, 01:11 PM
You haven't pissed me off mate, so don't worry. It's not your fault that it is possible to do. Thanks for understanding our concern about it. :+

leungbok
12th November 2009, 01:17 PM
You haven't pissed me off too, don't care ;) I just prefer to prevent, before some guys with no concern about leaderboards could see and use those glitches ! I know that here most people are fair pilots ! :)

brainbeat
12th November 2009, 01:39 PM
i honestly thought it was intentionaly there by developers when i did it last night, my bro played wipeout 2097 and would cut a corner out by flying thru wall on talons reach, didnt know there was stuff like that on other track and for the record i only found out about bsb a month ago, only done it on vk but i think i now beat them by doing the technique yelda did,
Is the bump the glitch or the cut corner, because using bump u could bsb over start line that was how it started, is bsb a glitch then or just frowned upon?

amplificated
12th November 2009, 02:19 PM
The cut corner... plus bsb is something that's not really something that's supposed to be done in the first place

leungbok
12th November 2009, 03:06 PM
Is the bump the glitch or the cut corner ?

Both, there's an invisible structure on the left wall and normally we shouldn't pass across a wall ! = glitches
Bsb's not a glitch, maybe we can call it an exploit !

kaori
12th November 2009, 04:38 PM
No, I think it's not a glitch, it just an invisible structure.

Don't forget, the game takes place in 2206, invisible components will be common at these future times.

leungbok
12th November 2009, 06:15 PM
Hummm, yeye = 32.24, 8sp G45 :rolleyes:

Dark_Phantom_89
12th November 2009, 07:09 PM
I assume that your time is not glitched leungbok?

leungbok
12th November 2009, 07:19 PM
No mine is still 32.73 with 10 sp 2 brs and icaras. Yeye aka Yeldar owns 32.24 !

yeldar2097
12th November 2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah that time is a glitched time (hence I only declared my 33.04), was done by accident and I'm an idiot for not force-quitting the game :(
yeldar --> fail
I'll figure out a way to beat it properly...at least I hope I will :(

If not I'll contact SL and tell them to remove it. I'll send them come chocolate as an extra incentive.

SaturnReturn
12th November 2009, 08:03 PM
If you send me some chocolate then I'll give it a go myself. ;) No guarantees though.

leungbok
12th November 2009, 08:24 PM
I'll figure out a way to beat it properly...at least I hope I will :(.
If you succeed in a 3rd Br at the last left turn (like on my phantom vid) it's possible to beat that time i think (hope).

shapealot
13th November 2009, 06:01 PM
32.94 G45+ 2BRs i dont think i can go any faster with this ship

leungbok
13th November 2009, 06:19 PM
Already a very nice time !! :clap

Rezatron
13th November 2009, 07:01 PM
Looks we have a tie for 1st this week ATM! I'll give this one more go on the weekend.

shapealot
13th November 2009, 07:33 PM
thanx leungbok. my icaras+ ghost is .48 seconds in front, im doin the exact same line so it just goes to show how much difference a ship can make

phaeton_pl
13th November 2009, 10:47 PM
ok, i got 33.01 - 10 SP 2BR's Goteki+

it wasn't the best lap i could imagine

oh i forgot, i found 4'th Barrel Roll :D (actually its a double at the end, succeeded once)
will post a video if i have a chance to record it.

brainbeat
14th November 2009, 12:25 AM
I think i know where the spot is, i rightshifted instead of leftshifting to keep tight on last corner and lifted in the air to rhside of track, i made the noise and turned halfway round, gonna try it everytime now, on a side note i invested in a usb tv dongle with capture, got a scart splitter too so no more rubbish quality vids, good work phaeton

Mietepiet
14th November 2009, 08:58 AM
First of all, I'm very happy we all agreed on no glitched times in this thread :)
And 2nd, I just mastered the boost br @ start :D

33.66 - 10pads - 2br - G+

Dark_Phantom_89
14th November 2009, 09:30 AM
I'm the only one not to master the boost BR - I really need to try more!

Mietepiet
14th November 2009, 09:53 AM
Watch the nose of your ship, and boost when it's between level and fully up.

I'm kicking it every time now, gonna try on Anulpha Pass right now :)

XBARNSTERX
14th November 2009, 05:25 PM
had another little attempt earlier 33.07, i dont like goteki yulkkk.:paperbag

KGB
14th November 2009, 05:38 PM
Managed to shave a little bit off my time, 33.69.
Roll on next week with the TT.

Dark_Phantom_89
14th November 2009, 05:45 PM
Well I finally managed to do the boost BR, but only managed 33.87 with 10 SP's as a result

Rezatron
16th November 2009, 04:05 PM
Forum back up! The best I managed for last week's challenge was 33.12 (10SP - 2BRs - Goteki+)

Dark_Phantom_89
16th November 2009, 05:06 PM
Another great week with some fantastic times, they're getting closer and closer together. Well done to everybody :)

A reminder - the criteria for this week are as follows: SPEED LAP/VINETA K (FORWARD)/PHANTOM/ASSEGAI

This week also sees the introduction of the Time Trial Challenge (located here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=158336#post158336)

If you wish to participate, please read the rules carefully - you'll need to attempt this challenge first.

Thanks guys :)

yeldar2097
16th November 2009, 06:08 PM
Sweet, phantom ^_^
Gonna get cracking :D

Edit: 17.99 - 8 pads - 7BRs - Assagai+

Dark_Phantom_89
16th November 2009, 06:44 PM
A quick 10 lap session got me an 18.87 in the Fury Assegai, will try for longer later on

SaturnReturn
16th November 2009, 07:56 PM
18.22 - 5 pads :( - some barrel rolls :?: - Fury Assegai

Mietepiet
17th November 2009, 09:18 AM
18:54 - 7 pads - 6 br (yeldar's TT line, missed the last br)

btw: don't you think it's better to have 1 thread with only the leaderboard (SL+TT) and 1 thread for discussion and times?

Dark_Phantom_89
17th November 2009, 10:11 AM
Mietepiet - Eventually I'll make a Hall of Fame thread when I reach my character limit on the first post.

As for the discussion issue, it doesn't bother me, but what does everyone else think?

brainbeat
18th November 2009, 06:18 PM
Hello everyone the best i got so far is
0.18.27 7 brs 6 speedlaps fury
I expect to improve at some point, but i am struggling to get in sync, been battering cod

amplificated
19th November 2009, 04:26 AM
I'm not used to Phantom, and Vineta K is one of my least consistent tracks, so this week is going... to be handy for finally getting some experience on it I suppose.

Atm: 18.52, 4 BR's, Fury Assegai

edit:
just for the sake of correct recording, my best time for TJ< was actually:
Currently on 33.07... - posted on page 8

Dark_Phantom_89
19th November 2009, 08:38 AM
Didn't find anything on Page 8 amplificated :S

amplificated
19th November 2009, 10:17 AM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157880&postcount=305

KGB
19th November 2009, 06:33 PM
A rubbish 18.69 so far. Going old school on this, 4 BR - 6sp - Fury

Dark_Phantom_89
19th November 2009, 06:37 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157880&postcount=305

Sorry about that amplificated, fixed it now

amplificated
20th November 2009, 02:17 AM
I have to admit it wasn't exactly clearly set out to show my time, it's all good :+

AG-wolf
21st November 2009, 03:12 AM
I was all proud of my 18.73 and you guys are b*tching about times at 18.5 :P

18.73, 6 dash plates, 4 barrel rolls, non-Fury.

How are people doing MORE than 4? I can see five MAYBE but that's even pushing it...

EDIT: 18.63, 8 dash plates, 4 barrel rolls, Fury

amplificated
21st November 2009, 06:32 AM
You should check out one of Yeldar's vids on youtube. I didn't realise boosting at the start was advantageous 'til I saw him do it, which gives you 2 BR's right there, and then he can do 2 at the end as well - just before the last speed pad and then another right on it.

But for boosting at the start to be a big help I think you need to nail all the BR's, and those last 2 are pretty hard; or at least I think so anyway. Even the first couple take some adjusting to.

Also, I only bitch about times where there are obvious mistakes I've made in the run or I have absolutely no idea how people like Yeldar have just gotten more than half a second better than my run! It happens less on speed classes that don't start with P at least :P

leungbok
21st November 2009, 08:22 AM
Boost at the start is a Pirahpac's trick ! ;)

amplificated
21st November 2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry, didn't know who owned the patent so just went with what I've seen! :paperbag

leungbok
21st November 2009, 09:06 AM
Guy's banned and he's the one that found the most tricks on HD (Fbj also), just don't want he'd be forgotten that quickly !

XBARNSTERX
21st November 2009, 09:26 AM
Does FBJ not play anymore?
I've heard a bit about this guy but never had the pleasure of a race.

Dark_Phantom_89
21st November 2009, 10:18 AM
I was all proud of my 18.73 and you guys are b*tching about times at 18.5 :P

18.73, 6 dash plates, 4 barrel rolls, non-Fury.

How are people doing MORE than 4? I can see five MAYBE but that's even pushing it...

EDIT: 18.63, 8 dash plates, 4 barrel rolls, Fury

I'm the same position, I keep messing up the BR's!

AG-wolf
21st November 2009, 12:26 PM
I'm not messing up any of them, I can only find 4 to do D:
1) First track break after the sharp left turn in the tunnel
2) second dash plate on left side of undulating straight away between tunnels
3) second track break in second tunnel
4) where the track dips going up the hill after the last tunnel.

I use my boost in conjunction with BR 4 (actually slightly before it), an I could do a 5th in that mix, but that's only if I do the 4th and accidentally don't pull up high enough. I've done a 5th BR a couple times, but it resulted in slower times because of how i hung in the air.

Should I be boosting elsewhere?

SaturnReturn
21st November 2009, 12:54 PM
OBH started a social group for videos a little while back. He handed it over to me, at least for the time being, as he has no regular net access. There is a thread within it for top times and within that is a link to yeldar's vineta k video. Pirahpac did it first, as leungbok said.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=105

Leungbok - Maybe we can use that group to give credit to people who uploaded the videos and/or discovered the methods. It's something I've rarely known but no doubt is more commonly known amongst the French, as it's likely to be a Frenchmen. If pirahpac wants me to add his vids to that group then let me know.

yeldar2097
21st November 2009, 04:45 PM
Good plan, it'd be nice to credit those who worked so hard discover/pioneer/perfect the various methods and tricks we all know and love :+

phaeton_pl
21st November 2009, 05:06 PM
Good idea guys,
i know there is many people who never watched those videos.
I seen them all, many times :)

Theres nothing more relaxing than watching Kingheim's racing lines in his old vids.:nod

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd November 2009, 09:12 AM
Well the best i managed this week was a measly 18.80, don't know what's wrong with me

yeldar2097
23rd November 2009, 02:32 PM
What method did you use (and how many BRs ;))?
Just for reference my fastest TT lap ever on Vin K is 18.12 so I reckon Pirhapac's method is the way forward for both SL and TT :)

What's this week's challenge? :hyper

KGB
23rd November 2009, 03:03 PM
It starts tonight, I'm hoping it will be a nice one without too many BR's. Something like Moa reverse ;). These comps are definitely showing the massive difference in skill. It's good though, I hated Talons junction reverse as I just didn't 'get it' until I did the SL on it, since then I have taken about 4 seconds off my best Phantom time (hasn't updated). So it's not all bad. I'm prepared to take the savage beatings if it makes me faster.

phaeton_pl
23rd November 2009, 03:23 PM
I got few laps on Vineta over the weekend, really painfull session as i hate this track so much. I rage quit at the end...

Looking forward to see good track/ship choice for this week challenge :)

yeldar2097
23rd November 2009, 03:27 PM
WHAT?! It's the best track ever ^_^
lol

Great attitude there KGB - everyone be like KGB :+
s'all in the name of improvement :)

KGB
23rd November 2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah everybody, be like me, you know it makes sense. :turd

yeldar2097
23rd November 2009, 03:54 PM
You know what I mean Kay-Gee-Bee :P

Sincerity and sarcasm are v. hard to tell apart on t'interweb (or so I've found) - I was being sincere.

I wish someone would invent a system besides smileys...

KGB
23rd November 2009, 04:19 PM
:P Yeah I knew, I was was being self-deprecating. I've many fine qualities really which most of you will never attain. SL and TT are not them though. 8)

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd November 2009, 06:18 PM
And so the time has flown by, and it's already time for this weeks challenge. Thank you to all who competed and I like your eagerness yeldar. I also agree with you - be like KGB ;)

This weeks criteria are as follows: SPEED LAP/SOL 2 (FORWARD)/RAPIER/HARIMAU

One that doesn't have a lot of BR's KGB ;)

On a side note, thanks to all who have kept this competition alive over the 10 weeks - I've really enjoyed doing it and will continue to for the foreseeable future as long as you guys want me to :)

KGB
23rd November 2009, 06:36 PM
Great track, I think there are three BRs there, of which I can do two. I'll have to learn to get that shortcut under that wing as I usually go over it. There's a very good clip of the Pacman doing this somewhere. I'll have a look. Found it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoKzuBjsMcY)

Mietepiet
23rd November 2009, 06:41 PM
Another eager beaver out here, gonna try right away :D

edit: 22.48 - 8pads - 2br

tug_14
23rd November 2009, 07:55 PM
well, i think 5 br are possible . Look at Phaeton's video

leungbok
23rd November 2009, 09:29 PM
Well, 6 are possible in fact ! ^^
But one may be considered as lucky if he did more than 2 in one lap, lol.

phaeton_pl
23rd November 2009, 09:43 PM
I think 4 BR's per lap is the best option :+

@ Leungbok - Make sure your camera will be ON :nod

brainbeat
23rd November 2009, 10:29 PM
Was late for work today because of this lol, i ended up having to do extra hrs, never got a final session in lol.
I like sol i do a different route from that piraphac vid only because its quite hard to pull off to be honest. gonna see wat i can do
my best time and unlikely to improve unless i try another way

21.47 7speedpads 2 brs,

I managed to get 21.90 by boosting on first bank of uturn and getting a br then sideshift br down the turn and getting 2brs using a lip instead of boost, could prob equal my best time if i try, wasnt a perfect lap

yeldar2097
24th November 2009, 12:57 AM
20.92 - 7 Pads - 2BRs - Harimau

XBARNSTERX
24th November 2009, 01:31 AM
20.93, 6pds, 3 brs hari+
i've discovered my actual time 20.77 hasnt updated :(

VK 18.23 6brs 7 pds, late post sorry, assegai hd

amplificated
24th November 2009, 10:35 AM
Did some ok laps before, 21.53 atm, can improve later.

I'm guessing W5LX's time is glitched? Pretty far in front of the next best (even Barnster's 20.77), and only 5 speed pads...

Dark_Phantom_89
24th November 2009, 10:37 AM
22.07 so far, 6 Speed Pads :(

KGB
24th November 2009, 10:50 AM
A 21.79 with 3 BRs. The Boost BR at the start is a bit hard, I pulled it off properly about 3 times in god knows how many laps and I still went a bit wide on my best attempt. Still a second down! stupid optimal racing lines :blarg.

Dark_Phantom_89
24th November 2009, 10:52 AM
Ahh yes, the boost BR. I forgot about that :D

amplificated
24th November 2009, 11:05 AM
So did I... and after all that effort on TJ(R) to learn how to actually do it! :redface:

XBARNSTERX
24th November 2009, 11:55 AM
Lol , should be the first thing to look for now mate, Seb revs a good track for it :nod

yeldar2097
24th November 2009, 12:55 PM
Yes W5LX's time is glitched, he's done all the Sol 2 SLs and I've heard he wants to do it on TT as well.

Am I the only one that isn't trying to do the ridiculous BoostBRBR? What's wrong with you people! It's not possible! :g

Mietepiet
24th November 2009, 01:26 PM
Is that Boost-BR at the start possible (and an advantage) on any track and any speedclass?

And that Pirapac method is a real b!%$ch, can't find the correct line and keep on re-spawning.

yeldar2097
24th November 2009, 01:53 PM
This shows some stuff at Venom/Phantom but many of the Techniques can be applied to Rapier: Thanks Phaeton :g (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LLxG_8brEw)

XBARNSTERX
24th November 2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibz0XpIQsBg

20.68, 4 brs , some pads.
Decided to make a vid and managed a new WR.
lol it was like i knew:P

yeldar2097
24th November 2009, 02:46 PM
oO
Looks like we have our work cut out...
Nice one :+

Mietepiet
24th November 2009, 02:47 PM
Good work mate :+:+

XBARNSTERX
24th November 2009, 02:49 PM
Cheers mates:+ Now the TT lol
Yeah as if:P

leungbok
24th November 2009, 02:57 PM
gl mate (for "good lines" ) ;)

Mietepiet
24th November 2009, 05:56 PM
I improved to 21.78 - 6pads - 2or3 br

Banster made me boost under the wing :D

Dark_Phantom_89
24th November 2009, 06:16 PM
That's amazing Barnster, really impressive :+

EDIT: 21.70, 2 BR's, 7 SP's

KGB
24th November 2009, 11:28 PM
21.70, 2 BR's, 7 SP's

SNAP! :P

amplificated
25th November 2009, 08:59 AM
21.45, 7 sp's, 2 br's

I'm finding the boost-BR at before the start line to be pretty tough, but it looks like that's where I'm likely to gain the most time form this point on. Could see it's possible to get about .2 off .45 with better racing lines, but it'd be tough.

I'm not even sure if going under the wing and doing 2 br's is even that beneficial to the time, going over the wing and doing 2 br's is pretty damn close to a good straight boost br from what I can tell.

KGB
25th November 2009, 09:29 AM
I've give over with the boost BR at the start, I can do it, but I can get round faster without it, there's too many wasted laps trying to do it.

21.36 - 2 BRs - 7 pads

Dark_Phantom_89
25th November 2009, 09:42 AM
Not "snap" for long, eh KGB? ;)

KGB
25th November 2009, 09:52 AM
Lots of laps since then :)

yeldar2097
25th November 2009, 11:43 AM
going over the wing and doing 2 br's
...didn't know that was possible...will try it later
This could be the breakthrough I need :g

Dark_Phantom_89
25th November 2009, 01:35 PM
21.60, 2 Br's, 7 SP's. Only way I think I'll improve on that is if I manage the double BR over the wing

Mietepiet
25th November 2009, 05:02 PM
Seems like I can't leave for work, unless my time got crushed by you guys.
Nice times all of you!
Gonna chase my ghost right now :)

phaeton_pl
25th November 2009, 09:47 PM
Finally today I managed a full 99 laps session.

20.85 - 4 BR's - 7 pads - lap 94'th :D

I'm will try to improve it but I'm seriously lacking of time these days :(

EDIT: 5 minutes later - 20.80 :)

XBARNSTERX
26th November 2009, 08:34 AM
Nice time pheaton mate:+

Mietepiet
26th November 2009, 09:54 AM
21.51 - 7pads - 2br

picked up an extra pad, and improved on the boost under the wing. Took me a billion laps.

Dark_Phantom_89
26th November 2009, 09:56 AM
Told you that you'd beat me, eh Mietepiet ;)

Mietepiet
26th November 2009, 10:05 AM
Sorry mate, seems like practice makes perfect :)
But, i'm having a hard time on the TT,
gotta learn the boost over the wing for that.
Will post a time later today.

phaeton_pl
26th November 2009, 05:54 PM
20.72 - 4 BR's - 8 pads :rock

brainbeat
26th November 2009, 06:02 PM
21.35 3brs 7 speedpads

nice time pheaton

AG-wolf
27th November 2009, 11:54 PM
21.86 5SP 2BR Fury

might be able to do better

yeldar2097
27th November 2009, 11:59 PM
20.81 - 8pads - 2BRs - HDarimau

Damn you and your extra BRs! :P

:g

AG-wolf
28th November 2009, 12:09 AM
21.77 7sp 2br fury

I managed to get the BR at the first turn, but I somehow always screw up later in the lap after I pull it off :/

edit: 21.47 6sp 3br fury

Dark_Phantom_89
30th November 2009, 06:16 PM
Nice times everyone - the week seems to fly by!

A reminder: The criteria for this week are as follows: SPEED LAP/SEBENCO CLIMB (FORWARD)/FLASH/FEISAR

In a few weeks, I will be letting you guys choose the criteria for the Christmas and New Year weeks. Think of it as a celebration or something along those lines :)

leungbok
30th November 2009, 06:39 PM
A phantom challenge with icaras fury, maybe ;)

SaturnReturn
30th November 2009, 09:28 PM
As long as it's not chenghou project. I don't want yeldar getting another reason to try and beat me on that track (time trial that is). It's rare I get one over on the little punk. I notice he sneakily beat me on reverse while I wasn't looking, and in furymau too, tsk tsk.:naughty

leungbok
30th November 2009, 09:54 PM
Don't complain about your fellow dutchman, Saturn ! what can i say me, with those dozen of crazy froggies that always pushes me to the bottom ? ;)

yeldar2097
30th November 2009, 10:26 PM
25.21 - 9 Pads - 12BRs - Feisar+

WR :g

SaturnReturn
30th November 2009, 10:30 PM
It's OK Leungbok. It's only pretend complaining. I love him really, just not...

Mr Phlanj
30th November 2009, 10:36 PM
hehe, it's like yeldar put up his WR just to show he's building up to you're record step by step Saturn :D

SaturnReturn
30th November 2009, 11:06 PM
He's already at it I think. :rolleyes: It's not my record though. Elois beat me pretty much straight away. Double :rolleyes: I might get some time to make a comeback over the Christmas hols. I will probably take a whole two weeks off work. :o So I should have some time for this event too. Bring on the Phantom!

brainbeat
1st December 2009, 01:22 AM
12 BRs crikey i only know 8 poss 9, sebenco i like but certainly most challenging to get br line on flash, i think i got 6 when I managed to get 28.14
Congratulations on new wr:+

yeldar2097
1st December 2009, 01:46 AM
It's such a mental challenge this one, there are BRs all over the place and you never quite know what's going to happen :dizzy

Don't worry sat, didn't even try to beat your time...ok maybe just a little ;) . Then I got distracted and started uberRmalling again :g
I'll beat it one day! grrrr :)

leungbok
1st December 2009, 06:11 AM
12 BRs always deserve a video ;)

amplificated
1st December 2009, 07:47 AM
Just had a quick few laps (<10), 28.29 in the fury feisar.

I'm seconding that video request, too :P

Dark_Phantom_89
1st December 2009, 08:55 AM
I'd also like to see a video yeldar to give the rest of us mere mortals a chance ;)

Currently at 28.54, much room for improvement though

KGB
1st December 2009, 09:27 AM
12 BRs???

I was confidant that there were 9, possibly 10 at a push.

28.11 - 10 pads - 7 BRs :paperbag

The sooner we do Moa reverse - venom the better. :P

yeldar2097
1st December 2009, 10:54 AM
Moa Reverse? I bet leungbok knows at least 3BRs on that track...oh wait, he does :g

erg...this video is going to be hard to make, my poor little fingers are still aching from trying to do 44BRs in the time trial :P

Will be up by tonight ^_^

KGB
1st December 2009, 12:45 PM
That wouldn't surprise me about leungbok. let's ban the silly little things then. :P

yeldar2097
1st December 2009, 01:43 PM
If they get banned I will leave and never come back!
Just like Gollum :)
...except he didn't stay away...dammit
:lol

AG-wolf
1st December 2009, 02:45 PM
first attempt at sitting down to do this.. did maybe 20 laps

28.24 4br 9sp Fury

no clue how someone managed 25 seconds, that's retarded

update 27.60 7br 8sp fury Added a pic just for posterity, though I know i haven't been for the other challenges. I guess we can all take each other's word here lol

yeldar2097
1st December 2009, 03:08 PM
It's not a great lap - quite messy... Here are you 12 BRs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd1IcuFf9iE) as requested :g

Enjoy ^_^

leungbok
1st December 2009, 03:15 PM
:eek i didn't know the first double (3rd and 4th BRs) ! Congrats :clap

yeldar2097
1st December 2009, 03:17 PM
They are easier with sideshift but I think it is faster to SS on the pad just before instead (better line I think).
:)

amplificated
1st December 2009, 03:37 PM
... :eek

:eek

:eek

leungbok
1st December 2009, 05:44 PM
Moa Reverse? I bet leungbok knows at least 3BRs on that track...oh wait, he does :g
Four ;)

yeldar2097
1st December 2009, 05:52 PM
See what I mean :P
(are they all in the same lap?)

Dark_Phantom_89
1st December 2009, 06:36 PM
Yeldar, you amaze me :clap

Loved the TS2 Anaconda music as well - that takes me back :)

EDIT: Nice work AG-wolf :D

leungbok
1st December 2009, 07:16 PM
(are they all in the same lap?)
Yup :banzai

Rezatron
1st December 2009, 09:05 PM
7 speed pads
"only" 8 or 9 (I think 9) BRs
FEISAR+

With all these BRs my energy is constantly low, it's really distracting doing a run with the "death imminent" beeping constantly going on and off. :bomb I find myself skipping laps just to get my energy back up :dizzy

phaeton_pl
1st December 2009, 10:21 PM
@ Rezatron - hold L1 to get new boost, absorb, repeat :D

@ Leungbok - those BR's on Moa rev are nice, i also tried different boost location showed on your old video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zud_N-OsiW4), (at around 0:50) there is also one BR onto magstrip without boost,

@ yeldar - , "it was nice competition, but Yeldar came and took it!", you are evil :twisted :+

Maybe we should come up with some special rules next week: no BR's, no boost, cocpit view only, handicap for last week's winner? lol, just kidding

Great time and vid BTW :rock

brainbeat
1st December 2009, 10:47 PM
nice :) didnt know the first 2 doubles, so is it better to boost where u did if u get all 3 at top of hill, 44brs just lol

well cheers 4 heads up i got 3rd place

26.27 11 brs 9 speedpad

yeldar2097
2nd December 2009, 12:44 AM
@Phaeton: I never thought of absorbing my boost to regain energy in SL...good idea (even if it is sacrilege) :+
Sorry for being evil :P
Cockpit only?! Try cockpit only with 12BRs/lap :lol. I tried it earlier, nearly passed out :dizzy
I'll do cockpit only, it's so much fun ^_^

@brainbeat: How do you mean? Like doing more BRs before the boost or do you mean boosting where I did instead of boosting out of the tunnel?

@Rezatron: Play with SFX turned off ;) That's what I do (mainly because my parents like the music but hate the 'WHOOOSH' when I boost/BR :lol)

brainbeat
2nd December 2009, 12:48 AM
i meant instead of boosting out of hill, but ive figured out its better already to boost at midsection

AG-wolf
2nd December 2009, 03:54 AM
EDIT: Nice work AG-wolf :D

thanks, it was fun until people broke 26 seconds lol :P Ill have to try and put more work into it saturday after exam week is over >_<

yeldar2097
2nd December 2009, 10:25 AM
TBH I'm not quite sure how I managed to get 25.21, must have been a lucky lap. Even with 12BRs I can only get 26.xx which is some way off...

I think the place where you will either gain/lose a massive amount is the final hairpin going up the hill and how you land the 6th BR. I noticed in my video that after this corner my ghost was miles ahead of me. will have a look into it. :)

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd December 2009, 12:16 PM
Improved my time to 27.75, some BR's, 9 SP's

brainbeat
2nd December 2009, 02:06 PM
I found 1 more br last night but was lucky and havent tried again, boost same place but try and land on left lip nr speedpad where the track narrows before opening into tunnel,
i got an xtra br then with the br into sharpright tip i flew up the last bit very fast, shame i did it on a bad lap,
I reckon i would of been close yelda if i got the 6th br which i missed, is it possible to do every barrel roll on tt? Do u lose more health or the same on a bad br?:P

yeldar2097
2nd December 2009, 02:31 PM
Same for any BR, doesn't matter if it is successful or not - if you hear the weird noise before a BR, you will lose 15%.

I've done that BR before but the problem is, if you go into the tunnel too fast, it is very hard to get the 11BR because you have too much speed going into the 10th one.

In TT I tried to do 11BRs / lap (because you can't do the one at the start of each lap) but I only managed 11 on my first lap....my fastest lap :lol (If i remeber correctly it was 27.2x, just for reference)

brainbeat
2nd December 2009, 03:23 PM
cool my fastest just then was 27.27 in a tt lap but i ended up getting a 31 at last lap lol. i have been on for hr and hands tired already, been trying the tt only 4.5 secs away so far, im guessing im averaging 9 a lap though on the last 2 laps, but usaully can do 1 or 2 decent laps then i flake.

XBARNSTERX
3rd December 2009, 08:01 AM
Could you not use your boost at the end of the first three laps for quick lap starts? On the last lap use it before the tunnel. I think you can double down the straight before the tunnel. Would this be any quicker or even more consistent at least?

brainbeat
3rd December 2009, 12:50 PM
i tried that m8 but i think lose too much time at that speed, it seemed to work on rapier, certainly easier to be consistent but i think u lose too much on 1st lap, i can get 27.6 at best or 29 boosting at end,

amplificated
3rd December 2009, 01:22 PM
you guys talking speed lap or time trial?

Anyway, I think Yeldar could turn those 12 br's into 13... I'm sucking at all of them so I don't know if it's faster, but anyway: if you approach it from the right angle from the corner just before the straight in the middle, you can do the 2 up there, and if you can tilt up a little from that second BR you can boost and get a 3rd, essentially making the string of BR's on sebenco last nearly the whole track, even though the break between them doesn't exactly last very long missing this BR.

I've been working on these br's and they're nuts... i can't do br2, 4 or 5 very well at all and its making me rage :(

KGB
3rd December 2009, 02:01 PM
27.81 - Fury, for me, it's so hit and miss for me as to whether I get the BRs. There's so many that I've overdosed on them to the point I'm missing the second one at the hump now which is/was impossible. :P

AG-wolf
3rd December 2009, 02:11 PM
I've noticed using a PS1 dual shock is much easier to do BRs than the PS3 controller; the D-pad doesn't have to rock as much to go left to right.. the only down side is Up and Down are less accurate, as you'll sometimes also press Left or Right like if you're trying to bring your nose down in mid-air.

brainbeat
3rd December 2009, 02:18 PM
yeah it can be hit n mess, if you manage to get a good line you dont need to ss for br 2 or 4 which then makes it easier to turn corners, ive tried to learn both lines so if i know im not fast enough to br without can change line, i have done over 250 laps though and have been close to crushing my joypad.
To amplificated, i understand wat your saying i think its similar to 1 i spotted but it means getting double br at hill is harder due to speed, im gonna try and see

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd December 2009, 03:19 PM
I'm finding BR #3 and #4 particularly difficult (ones at the first right hander of the course.) I can't seem to get my speed and angle correct.

yeldar2097
3rd December 2009, 06:01 PM
The key to 3/4 is the right SS on the pad and being way over to the right as you pitch up...i think that's right...:paperbag ??

@barny: Yeah I think boosting at the start could be faster if it was a perfect run. with the current method you can miss a few BRs and still be ok. defs faster on venom though...maybe...can't remember..erg...

:g

brainbeat
3rd December 2009, 10:25 PM
I tried last night the method boosting into lapstart and on 4th lap boosting in normal spot and managed to get 1.54 quite easy wasnt a perfect run but very good one though. i dont think better than 1.50 that way though, i was very close last night to breaking 1.49 i got
then on last lap i just totally screwed up, was feeling pretty sour after that, The first lap was a belter though

tug_14
3rd December 2009, 10:51 PM
why , why , why ,WHHHYYYY !!!
Why there is always a last lap ?!?
why tt cannot stop on lap bzfore this F....ng last lap

:eek :rolleyes:

AG-wolf
3rd December 2009, 11:14 PM
careful, I wouldnt post your TT lap times here... avoid confusion. ...and frustration lol :P

I say we should also have a contest for best snap shot on each speed lap challenge hahaha XD here's a cool one I grabbed in the ice tunnel

brainbeat
3rd December 2009, 11:52 PM
thats one fine picture, the craft looks tiny there

AG-wolf
4th December 2009, 02:15 AM
THe photo mode uses the same graphics camera engine as when you're racing I think, so it kinda skews scale and perspective... I dunno how to explain it.

XBARNSTERX
6th December 2009, 08:19 AM
Quiet week, damn 25 seconds lol:P

brainbeat
6th December 2009, 09:22 PM
lol Bailroll yelda

Rezatron
6th December 2009, 10:01 PM
yes i've added some appropriate tags to this thread :D

Dark_Phantom_89
6th December 2009, 10:14 PM
Loving the tags Rezatron - very suitable :P

amplificated
7th December 2009, 02:10 PM
Finally decided to get back to some SL..

After about a full session of failing BR attempts, I actually went for a shot and it didn't take me long to get 27.65. Could do a little better, did about 8-9 BR's. I'll try fit a few more attempts in soon.

One thing I really suck at though, is that double BR on the first hill - if I somehow do pull it off my lines go awry and it's not even beneficial, so I'm giving that a rest.

Dark_Phantom_89
7th December 2009, 06:15 PM
Quite a tricky one this week with all those barrel rolls to be had. Thanks to all who participated - it's good to see high ranking times going on the Wipeout leaderboards.

Next week I will be setting up some polls whereby you guys will be able to choose the criteria for the Christmas and New Year Challenges, so get your thinking caps on :)

The criteria for this week are as follows: SPEED LAP/CHENGHOU PROJECT (REVERSE)/VENOM/AURICOM

yeldar2097
7th December 2009, 08:48 PM
30.90 - 9(or 10) Pads - 4BRs - Auricom+

29.xx deinately within reach - 7BRs = win :+

KGB
7th December 2009, 10:00 PM
Yeldars house of pain is about right!

I had 20 laps and got 32.22 - 10 sp - 2 BRs - Fury.

brainbeat
7th December 2009, 11:18 PM
gah, i cant do 4 on venom, dont think i played on this track that much i only just noticed the train lol, never noticed it on forward track either.

32.05 10 speedpads 2 brs
best im gonna get on the normal route, turbo after 1st magstrip cutting corner

Is it like sebenco yelda to get the other 2 brs, good fast line and ss, im guessing you did one on right hander before 2nd magstrip and on hill final corner, i can make the noise :P

yeldar2097
7th December 2009, 11:37 PM
Nope, I boost just after 1st mag as well (not in TT though, hint-hint ;) ) but I'm not convinced it's the fastest way...

The 7BRs I would use in my ideal lap so far would be: 2 At the start (you have to kinda land on the left-hand lip for the 2nd), one with boostshortcutthingy, 4 going around the long right-hander. I can't do one after the hairpin but maybe someone else can?

Thusfas I've only managed 4 in one lap but I can do all 7 separately...not that it's of much help :lol

blackwiggle
8th December 2009, 04:48 AM
Only 1 BR but a 33.24 which wasn't too bad considering it's one of my least liked craft.

Rezatron
8th December 2009, 06:26 AM
Meh at this low velocity all the ships feel the same to me more or less.

31.87 - 10SP - 2BR - Auricom+

My actual record is 21.79 in the Icarus. That time is only a few months old so i'm not improving much unless I pull some magic BRs outta my ass. :dizzy

amplificated
8th December 2009, 06:48 AM
21!? ;)

Just got 31.72, Auricom Fury, 2 BR's, 10 sp's. Made a slight mistake at the end, ss'd too early and hit a wall, so other than that and perhaps some imperfect lines I could do better. Haven't played chenghou(R) in ages, surprised I could do this time in 19 laps

Oh and yeah. 7 BR's, Yeldar? What can I say - you never cease to amaze...

phaeton_pl
8th December 2009, 07:34 AM
I got some 31.9x last night with 2 BR's.
I do love BR's but using the lips is a bit too much for me. (I don't mind Yeldars shortcut from his last vid). It's just not the way i play speed lap or time trial.

Good luck to you guys in chasing yeldarbot:+

KGB
8th December 2009, 07:39 AM
Speaking of lip service, it's possible to hit the lip on the right hand side going into the tunnel and BR off that, managed it once so far. It would be easy for you SS/BR experts out there.

yeldar2097
8th December 2009, 07:53 AM
That's exactly how you get 4BRs going around that corner :+.
With a bit of practice 29.xx should be possible. Will try tonight if I can :)

I understand what you mean phaeton. Actually with only 2BRs (one at the start + turboBRshortcut) I managed 30.92 but then I started to experiment a bit with the lip in the tunnel, just for fun :g

KGB
8th December 2009, 08:25 AM
The 7BRs I would use in my ideal lap so far would be: 2 At the start (you have to kinda land on the left-hand lip for the 2nd), one with boostshortcutthingy, 4 going around the long right-hander. I can't do one after the hairpin but maybe someone else can?

I thought you meant the 4th going around the bend, you mean 4 :eek:P

phaeton_pl
8th December 2009, 09:04 AM
...just for fun :g

:nod Yes, thats why I play Wipeout- for FUN FUN FUN FUN :hyper

Maybe i'm just tired with low speeds. Working on phantom speed laps now :)

Ok, i will give this challenge a chance, maybe i can do something new :P

yeldar2097
8th December 2009, 01:27 PM
I thought you meant the 4th going around the bend, you mean 4 :eek:P

Nope, the BRs around the bend are the 4th-7th BRs :dizzy
Only done it twice, but even 3BRs sent me way out in front of my ghost :)

AG-wolf
8th December 2009, 05:24 PM
oh my god, most infuriating challenge ever

Venom is WAY TOO SLOW, and I'm about to punch a baby if I try ANY MORE to get any kind of time below 33 seconds.

I'm out this week.

EDIT: maybe not, but it takes a LOT of patience, and I don't have that :P
32.57 10sp, 2br, fury

ive got a week to iron this out I guess

yeldar2097
8th December 2009, 10:46 PM
New pb demonstrated in video: Click me (or I'll eat you) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6YX5v2Vj_4) :P

Couldn't get the 7th BR working today...it must be avoiding me for some reason :lol