PDA

View Full Version : best FEISAR alternatives?

karsten_beoulve
10th September 2009, 07:37 AM
I'm quite a FEISAR fan, but racing online with it puts you quite at a disadvantage, expecially in non twisty tracks... it's annoying to get taken over on a straight line after you got a big advantage on the preceding turns... :?

So i'm starting to think about other crafts... What are your suggestions? I love FEISAR handling, but i would like to get out of the pack a little faster... you know an early missle can really ruin your race early on...

what are your suggestions?

karsten

PS: i'm by no means an expert player! so i guess piranha is a no-no :donut

MrBrinkles
10th September 2009, 07:47 AM
I had the same, so i switched to Goteki 45. In my opinion it has the same feel, but i guess this is really a personal thing. Goteki 45 isn't much faster then Feisar but it has the best thrust, so as long as you BR and hit all the boost pads you will keep up and may also win ;) I also learned to race with Icaras, didn't take me that long to get used to it, allthough it is different from Feisar ;) I'm trying to get the Elite Campaign Legend trophy so i had to learn to race with Icaras i guess.

Vartazian
10th September 2009, 08:36 AM
If You worried about Weapon Colision.

Goteki 45. You lose that handling boost and its one fo the slower crafts but You can take more time on turns and the thrust will make up for it in turns.

Connavar
10th September 2009, 08:57 AM
Get the FURY FEISAR alternative and the problems are gone!

Seriously on Phantom, FEISAR+ is an awesome ship, I'm using it right now
because I need a good handling (since I forgot the timings a bit) and in fact
it's doing great even on tracks like Anulpha Pass.

About the acceleration ... it's 8/10 I believe => very good.

karsten_beoulve
10th September 2009, 09:05 AM
i do use fury feisar, but so far i mainly race on venom and flash... on rapier only if there's no choice...

Cerium
10th September 2009, 09:16 AM
PS: i'm by no means an expert player! so i guess piranha is a no-no :donut

Blasphemy!!

karsten_beoulve
10th September 2009, 09:25 AM
you're biased! :D

Connavar
10th September 2009, 10:57 AM
Hehe I guessed it more or less, in Venom/Flash/Rapier it's easy:
pick the fastest ships, so that means:
- Icaras
- Piranha / Triakis / Auricom / EG-X
- Harimau (good handling too <= I suggest you try that one)
- Assegai

(Fury ship for Harimau)

karsten_beoulve
10th September 2009, 12:30 PM
thanks, i'll look into harimau and make some tests online; i love handling crafts! :)

yeldar2097
10th September 2009, 12:42 PM
Harimau (Fury Version) is a very good drivers' ship/craft/whatever. Without weapons on it's improved my average time by at least a couple of seconds on every track. Consistent as anything is the Furymau

Whizzer The Hawk
10th September 2009, 12:43 PM
I may sound a bit daft but at faster speeds like Phantom Class it is best to use the 'low handling ships', so you can anticipate the corners and see what's coming. You need something heavy and something that doesn't like to corner to buy some time, but it works! :p

I think Feisar just overturns too much and I consider it as the handicapped ship, or the newb ship. :dizzy I use Icaras. :rock

yeldar2097
10th September 2009, 12:45 PM
TBH you can be just as fast as anyone no matter what ship you use. All comes down to personal preference :nod

Feisar? Noob ship? Try telling that to Wellington. One of the best HD players ever he was... :)

Whizzer The Hawk
10th September 2009, 01:08 PM
As you said it all comes down to personal preference. In my opinion he has made the newb ship into a good example, but it will always be the newb ship. :beer

Aeroracer
10th September 2009, 02:05 PM
Learn to use multiple ships. Thats what i am doing.

Goteki is good if you want to get ahead of the pack at the start to get that all important first weapon pad.

Fiesar for the sebenco climb type tracks..Twisty bendy

AG=good allrounder

Harimu=same as AG but only use if your not gonna hit walls as the thrust is weaker.

But as mentioned Feisar is seriously good in the hands of a expert.
Problems solver has got top20 SL in a fiesar and didnt even do all the BR's but he did use a near perfect racing line with no swinging out on corners.:):nod:nod

ProblemSolver
10th September 2009, 02:24 PM
Seriously on Phantom, FEISAR+ is an awesome ship, I'm using it right now
because I need a good handling (since I forgot the timings a bit) and in fact
it's doing great even on tracks like Anulpha Pass.
I'm riding the Fury-Feisar (FEISAR+) since the release of Fury and I can now tell
that this craft is weaker than the HD-Feisar depite having better stats, which
is odd for a new craft. The improved stats are a bit misleading. Some guy of SL
once said that the improved stats won't make that much of a difference while
racing when compared to the HD crafts. Now I know what he was talking about. In
case of Fury- vs. HD-Feisar it comes down to that the only advatange of the
Fury-Feisar is a slight gain in velocity on straights, but he loses too much
speed while cornering and he is much more heavier (which offsets the gain in
thrust) and as an effect doesn't have the agility of the HD-Feisar!

I did lots of runs on TDK (Speed Lap) with the Fury-Feisar (rank 14 atm), but
after given the HD-Feisar a new go I saw a clear difference when going into and
out of a corner. Further, due to the higher agility you can pull a BR a bit more
easily on difficult spots. I was close doing a BR on the exit of last corner on
TDR, I never got there with the Fury-Feisar. Well, I think I can improve my
time on TDR from 21:69 to 21:5x (with only 2 BRs atm) using the HD-Feisar
without much of a hassle.

I've played the Fury-Feisar to death online, could win lots of races, but
playing agains the pros always put me on a disadvantage using the Fury-Feisar,
because losing too much speed while cornering makes all the difference. And
even if the HD-Feisar isn't as good as some of the other crafts, using it has
made me much more competitive online, lately. And I'm still improving at a
rapid rate.

What bothers me is that the new Fury-Feisar is weaker than the old HD-Feisar
since the Fury-Feisar looks awesome.

And in case you haven't noticed, there is a trend towards the HD-crafts online.
I've seen that some pros switched back to the HD-version as well. And I don't
think they did that because the HD-crafts have better stats or do look any
better. Hence, what I've written may also apply to some other crafts as well.

Edit: Yeah jasmin-jade, I'm close doing 4 BRs which will kick me straight into the
Top3 on TDR. :)

yeldar2097
10th September 2009, 02:33 PM
well in general i've found that the fury ships are more tail heavy than their HD equivalents so they tend to slide a bit more in the corners. I think this may tie in with what PS is saying about corner speeds. The HD versions are on the whole much tighter and retain their speed through corners better than most of the Fury ships but the boosted stats pretty much balance this out.
Still, Fury Harimau = hello ladies.
:D

karsten_beoulve
10th September 2009, 02:43 PM
so HD versions can be better then fury ones? or i misunderstood? i've never tried a HD craft so far, since i got the game less than a week ago, and bought immediatly the fury expansion. and with the fury expansion the carft stats seems so desperatly better...

anyone made a real comparison of the crafts?

ProblemSolver
10th September 2009, 02:57 PM
@karsten_beoulve: Comparing the stats of a Fury-craft versus its HD
counter part says nothing coz they aren't the same craft at all. Up to my
point of view the enhanced stats counter certain drawbacks of the new
Fury-crafts. For example, the enhanced thrust for the Fury-Feisar is needed
to compensate for the increase in weight. However, I don't really know
whether the Fury-Feisar has more weight or not, but it feels like that to say
at least. But in general, the HD-Feisar has an overall better dynamics when
going around the track. Even side-shifting feels different (better, in my
opinion). But keep it mind, what I have written may not apply to all the other
crafts.

Whizzer The Hawk
10th September 2009, 03:20 PM
I know what you absolutely mean with Feisar. When I've used it before I end up turning a corner fairly good, but as I leave the corner the ship exits the corner diagonally not straight because of too much steer inwards. I end up on a crash course into the wall unless I turn the ship back to heading straight down the track than diagonally into the wall.

However with Icaras and it's lack of handling per se...The lack of handling actually helps me around the corner on faster speeds so I exit the corners on a straight path - not into the wall.

About the heavy ship issue. I'm not sure it's really a problem for the bigger ships. I get hit by a missile or rocket with Icaras and I end up flying off the track or sliding off of it without the ability to side-shift back on. When I'm in the lead of my games, I am always put back into last place because Icaras is too fragile and gets pushed around and bashed too much...Well, that's what happens to me. :?

karsten_beoulve
10th September 2009, 03:29 PM
sometimes i get the same "over gripping" problem... i think i'll search for a "tighter" ship maybe...

BTW it's just me, of feisar gets a better candidate as speed grows from venom to phantom?

Whizzer The Hawk
10th September 2009, 04:22 PM
I've found that low handling ships are better as the speed gets faster. Not sure about Feisar...

ProblemSolver
10th September 2009, 04:32 PM
Stated otherwise; more handling leads to a decrease in velocity while
steering too much. Yeah, that's true. One can experience this using
Feisar. Being tight on the controls is key. Oh yes! :nod

Whizzer The Hawk
10th September 2009, 05:14 PM
Either way, I'd need surgery to seperate me from my Icaras. Not to mention the time where I had to unlock all the zone skins for the other ships...Especially with AG Systems, I cannot stand that ship one bit... :brickwall

SaturnReturn
10th September 2009, 05:25 PM
I used to use FEISAR. The handling made me inconsistent because I would always overcompensate when something went wrong. I used Goteki for a long time, but I'm starting to feel no benefit from it at all.

If you prefer ships that handle well, then AG-S should be miles ahead of Goteki as a FEISAR replacement. Thrust is only 10 less, handling is way better. Speed is the same, I think, so based on that shield energy must be slightly lower (?). But shields don't matter too much because you can learn good shield management. But overall, it is the fact that Goteki's speed is no better than AG-S that makes me feel it's pointless to choose it just for the 10% thrust bonus. Online, there will be plenty of times where an AG-S will beat a Goteki off the line of the AG-S user has has a better ping or the AG-S user is maybe just better at timing the starts perfectly. That's all based on HD ships. Not sure about Fury but I think Fury AG-S now has 95% thrust while Goteki stays at 100% so it's possibly even more the case.

Personal preference comes in to it in as much as I don't really like better handling ships. The fact that it's easier to get around a corner means I think about it less, and then they tend to feel twitchy to me too. I still like FEISAR and also have the odd day that's a FEISAR day, but they're rare.

HD Mirage could be worth a try. It feels smooth and has good all round stats. I would suggest trying HD Mirage and AG-S (HD or Fury) and seeing how you get on.

YouAreFubar
10th September 2009, 11:54 PM
Ive raced Feisar in every WipEout game up till HD, and was in the same situation as you and then I stumbled upon HD Harimau. And then Fury came along and made them even better. The handlings still decent enough that you can take pretty much every corner without lifting off the accelerator (as long as youve got the right line) but the rest of the stats are a little better.

diddymal
11th September 2009, 12:52 AM
Harimau is awesome, if your notusing Fury variations try Assegai.

Motorsagmannen
11th September 2009, 03:29 AM
imo the hd harimau is the very best handling ship in the game.
the fury harimau is also an extremely good handler and with its boosted top speed it is now more than ever a viable alternative to replace the feisar.

about the fury versus hd ships i have most experience in the piranha and triakis.
the fury piranha definitely doesnt feel as tight as the hd one and i am quite positive im faster throughout the corners in the hd one. but the fury piranha is without a slight of doubt faster off the start line.
the fury triakis is now a more viable alternative to use seriously online due to its monstrous stats gain
+5 speed
+10 thrust
+10 handling
but it is also the ship i tried diverting the most from its roots, it simply feels to different to be compared properly.

Whizzer The Hawk
11th September 2009, 04:14 AM
One question that strikes me with Icaras vs. Harimau: What is the point in sacrificing speed, for more handling? (And a bit of shield...) Seems a bit absurd if you ask me. At higher speed it's sort of an advantage to have low handling so you don't overdo it.

Motorsagmannen
11th September 2009, 04:28 AM
thats what i like about the harimau, perfect balance.
to me feisar is useless, and the assegai slides out to much in the corners. the harimau has a quite neutral behavior throughout corners and is therefore good at even the higher speeds. the ag-s has a similar handling as the harimau but with lower top speed, therefore i would call it a naturall transition for a feisar-user depending on whats he thinks is more important. speed, or thrust.
i myself beat campaign legend using only harimau and goteki. harimau in no opponents races and goteki in the AI cluttered mayhem. but i guess it just comes down to preference

karsten_beoulve
11th September 2009, 06:30 AM
I've been racing with harimau yesterday, i have to say that i'm quite impressed, i think i really shaved up some time and i've been more competitive online. It's worth a more serious training!

leungbok
11th September 2009, 06:37 AM
i agree, fury's harimau is now a very interesting ship ! :nod

phaeton_pl
11th September 2009, 06:43 AM
After using Icaras for a long time i tried Harimau+ and i beat a lot of my records. Regardles is it Venom or Phantom that ship suits me perfectly. :nod

I checked some stats yesterday and i was surprised with Qirex+. It seems to be well balanced all around. I don't think someone mentioned about Qirex+...

Connavar
11th September 2009, 08:46 AM
LOL I love how people are using the + now, like Harimau+, Feisar+

ProblemSolver
11th September 2009, 10:15 AM
I like. :nod But for some reasons (i.e. to be more clear) I used Fury-Feisar and
HD-Feisar in one of my latest post here.

Lance
11th September 2009, 02:23 PM
Shouldn't it be Harimau F, Feisar F, etc.? :D

Vartazian
13th September 2009, 05:00 AM
I only use HD AG SYS. the new one is crap and I don't like the other ships.