PDA

View Full Version : Mic Isn't Working?

Whizzer The Hawk
9th September 2009, 06:59 PM
Hi there, I've recently just got a new mic today and I've registered it with the PS3 system and everything is working perfectly fine.

However when I go on Wipeout HD Fury Online to attempt to talk to other racers, my mic refuses to work, and the logo that appears which states that I am talking does not appear.

I don't know what's wrong, I've looked at everything on the PS3 menu and can't find anything to make the mic work in-game - when it works on the PS3 menu. :bomb

Darkdrium777
9th September 2009, 07:05 PM
I might look pessimistic, but I never got the microphone to work for more than two seconds in WipEout HD, since September 25th 2008. It works fine in other games though, and even when the icon that indicates I am talking shows up, other people can't hear me.
So yeah, good luck with it. :s

Zoth-Ommog
9th September 2009, 07:05 PM
I suppose you know that there is "push to talk" system in wipeout..? never used it myself though, so i don't really know what else could be causing it.

Whizzer The Hawk
9th September 2009, 07:52 PM
Push to talk button... If you're like me in a phantom race and I push that button and lose control of the ship...I'm in for a massive fender bender. Either that or I smash into the side of the track and explode. :rock

IH8YOU
9th September 2009, 09:05 PM
The Mic / Talk worked fine prior to 1.3 - ever since 1.3 it's been broken.

You ca ca ca nnnnn t t tt t talk but it soss ss sos sss u nnn ndd ndds l ii k ik e th tth is nn n n n now. :-

XBARNSTERX
9th September 2009, 10:20 PM
Lol, yeah thing never work. Unless its someone who lives close to you i've found:)

Whizzer The Hawk
9th September 2009, 10:53 PM
I've noticed that pushing the left stick in opens up the ability to talk when you're in a game room before you start the game...But not when you're actually in the game racing.

It's not fair! You can't hear other players rant and scream at you when you win! :brickwall