PDA

View Full Version : ntsc vs pal

JABBERJAW
7th September 2009, 02:21 PM
OK, I know the games have different ships, BUT, is there actually a speed difference between the games? Just curious as to if the records for both versions are comparable. If they are comparable, would it be possible to combine them?

Task
7th September 2009, 05:56 PM
Yeah, as far as I know they're totally comparable.
Just like the Pulse records, the times are "global".
The only reason for the version seperation is that the craft and tracks available are different by region. That's it.

At the moment, I think the EU tables are all about "Triakis domination" and the NTSC tables are mostly "non-Triakis". So you can use them to seperate your records that way if you want. 8 )

Frances_Penfold
12th September 2009, 02:40 PM
IIRC there is a small difference in the starting grid for a few of the SRs between the PAL and NTSC versions-- anybody else remember this?

But for time trialing, the two games play identically as far as I can discern though I haven't empirically tested ship speeds or anything.

I suppose that keeping the NTSC records separate is useful for informally distinguishing Triakis records from everything else-- though it also means that a number of skilled pilots are excluded from the PAL records, which seem to be the "real" record table. Most hardcore Wipeout pilots living in Canada + the U.S. imported the PAL version of Pure but some did not, and their records are "stuck" on the poorly subscribed NTSC tables.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the two tables combined to create a comprehensive record table for Pure :)

Task
13th September 2009, 04:39 AM
Yeah, the EU version of Sinucit has the starting grid issue.

Not really an issue so much, I wish all the tracks in all the versions started you there!