PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo PSP/ Gran Turismo 5

Pages : [1] 2

KIGO1987
1st September 2009, 08:35 AM
Anybody out there have the intention the purchase both or either of the new Gran Turismo games.

Im pretty hyped up over the release of Gran Turismo PSP which is supposely due to come out on the 1st of October, but i reckon it'll be delayed by a few weeks more.

Either way, ive put a deposit down on a Limited Edition UMD version of the game. Not sure what makes this version so special. I was suggested in the package it gives you a code to allows you to purchase the Bugatti Veyron.

Gran Turismo 5 the PS3 game itself should be due on the shelves not long after the release of Gran Turismo PSP.

Should be awesome.

This is why the Playstation Portable rocks, and still is a great buy. Next thing the PSP should become is a a phone with built in GPS.

archman
1st September 2009, 08:37 AM
I'm definitely buying GTP after some "evaluation" :guitar

KIGO1987
1st September 2009, 08:41 AM
Get it Arch. Ill race you on the PSP again.

Should be interesting, Gran Turismo PSP online, with Ad Hoc.

It'll be Arch, MrSmad, KIGO and another person racing in the room, since it maximum 4players online. ACE should get this game, given that he isnt completely off his head.

designer_79
1st September 2009, 08:51 AM
KIGO , here's your 4th man ... I have preordered as well :D ... GT and WO ftw!! Was pleased to see they actually publish an UMD version, cause the game was hyped together with the new PSP Go, publishing a download only version wouldn't have surprised me at all.

GT :hyper

KIGO1987
1st September 2009, 09:02 AM
Cool, we are all in the green to be the first GT PSP online races.

Frances_Penfold
1st September 2009, 09:09 AM
Gran Turismo PSP online, with Ad Hoc

Ad hoc or infrastructure?

If the former, how are you planning to play online?

KIGO1987
1st September 2009, 09:23 AM
Some sources are suggesting ad-hoc,

Guess we will not know until the game is released.

infoxicated
1st September 2009, 09:34 AM
I dunno... I've yet to play a driving game on the PSP where the controls didn't frustrate me, although I did enjoy Test Drive Unlimited ('stralian developer nod). That analogue stick is just too imprecise and the lack of analogue throttle control just takes it back to the level of playing microswitch games.

For me, it's the driving model and using a wheel that makes GT a good game, as the progression can be a bit soulless aside from that.

I'll need to see it running on a PSP-2000 first before I'd commit to buying it.

KIGO1987
1st September 2009, 09:40 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing how Gran Turismo PSP UMD runs on a PSP-1000, hope it isnt too ****. Since that is what ive got.

archman
1st September 2009, 09:52 AM
Ad hoc or infrastructure?

If the former, how are you planning to play online?

Ever heard of kai or ps3 adhoc party? ;)

For kai: Every hit that comes out, and appears to not have an infrastructure mode, will be opened in the kai arena for sure, in a matter of hours or days after the release.

Gran Turismo Portable [PSP] will NOT be featuring the Infrastructure Mode.

NightArh
1st September 2009, 10:12 AM
I have tried AdHoc Party yesterday... Ehrrr I cant understand what to do there - everything is in Japanese. It is the time to learn this hardcore language :( But software is great!

yeldar2097
1st September 2009, 12:32 PM
Damage = win :D
Made me VVVVVVV happy to see that trailer :hyper

zeeZ
1st September 2009, 02:52 PM
I'm only interested in GT5 because some of my friends want to do a true 24h race I'd like to join. They better (still?) have that mode ;)

lunar
1st September 2009, 04:20 PM
If the PS3 version has rallies and splitscreen races, and if they`re both good, I will almost certainly have to get that. It will definitely be a spectacle of a game, I think. However it also depends on whether PES10 is any good - if it is a return to form I will be on that all winter instead. I am fairly depressed with football games after playing the borefest of FIFA 09 and could do with a good PES this year ;)

I will almost certainly get the PSP Gran Turismo for my old fat PSP, though it`s a shame the game has no infrastructure online racing :( Still, Kai will do the job.

KIGO1987
1st September 2009, 05:36 PM
### POST "2097" ### XD

Do you have a PSP-1000 Lunar?

I really wonder how the new GT game would play on the older PSP consoles with it lesser advance LCD resolution display and less RAM. Shouldnt be too much of a difference i hope.

By the looks of the car list for Gran Turismo PSP, not too many new editions on new cars. I was hoping to see the 2009 Ford Falcon FG FPV F6 Typhoon with the 310kW engine, ad well as the 2009 Holden Commodore HSV W427 with the 7.0 Liter V8 that is also found in the current Corvette.... Maybe they'll be on Gran Turismo 5 instead (They better bloody be).

This Ad-hoc party feature is going to be interesting to use.

Gran Turismo PSP is kinda why i bought the PSP back at its launch. But after half a decade of waiting, this game will be worth the wait.

### POST "2097" ### XD

Lance
1st September 2009, 07:04 PM
How much difference in amount of RAM and number of pixels of screen resolution is there between different models of PSP? }has "suddenly" become too infernally lazy to look it up himself (is distracted by other thoughts, literary, mostly){

lunar
1st September 2009, 07:16 PM
comparison (http://www.pspzine.com/2007/09/11/technical-specification-comparison-psp-vs-psp-slim/) of specs between PSP 1000 and 2000.

I have a 1000 Kigo, yes. I did have a 2000 aswell, but decided to sell one of them, and the 2000 went. The only real advantage to the 2000 was that the screen was brighter. I though motion was more fluid on the 1000 screen. I think it must be possible to pick up 1000s for peanuts now and they are fine if well looked after. Mine is a Japanese 1994 model brick built Wipeout Pure battle machine - it has fried the yanks, smoked the French and occasionally given mild concern to Austrians and is still going strong! ;)

I think your 1000 will be fine for GT PSP, Kigo. They can`t make the performance too demanding for PSP 2000s and if a slim can play GT a fat can do it too, I would think.

KIGO1987
1st September 2009, 07:18 PM
PSP-1000 32MB RAM/333Mhz/4.3" LCD Screen
PSP-2000 64MB RAM/333Mhz/4.3" LCD Screen
PSP-3000 64MB RAM/333Mhz/4.3" LCD Screen (higher refresh rate)
PSP-GO 64MB RAM/480Mhz/3.8" LCD Screen

comparison (http://www.pspzine.com/2007/09/11/technical-specification-comparison-psp-vs-psp-slim/) of specs between PSP 1000 and 2000.

I have a 1000 Kigo, yes. I did have a 2000 aswell, but decided to sell one of them, and the 2000 went. The only real advantage to the 2000 was that the screen was brighter. I though motion was more fluid on the 1000 screen. I think it must be possible to pick up 1000s for peanuts now and they are fine if well looked after. Mine is a Japanese 1994 model brick built Wipeout Pure battle machine - it has fried the yanks, smoked the French and occasionally given mild concern to Austrians and is still going strong! ;)

I think your 1000 will be fine for GT PSP, Kigo. They can`t make the performance too demanding for PSP 2000s and if a slim can play GT a fat can do it too, I would think.

Thats pretty good then, i was seriously considering getting a 3000 series, but now ill think i wont have to now

Lance
1st September 2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the info, gentlemen. Does the 3000 also have a 480 x 272 screen resolution?

I note that it supports ATRAC 3 sound encoding, same as my mini-disc recorder and my 4+2 track Sony mini-disc mixer-recorder [now obsolete like the mini-disc itself, pretty much]. ATRAC 3 always sounded to me as though it were just as good quality as original CDs even though it compressed filesize to about one-fifth the original.

archman
1st September 2009, 09:26 PM
KIGO, incorrect intel there. PSP go is 333 too. That 480MHz is for USB. :)

lunar
1st September 2009, 09:32 PM
Yes Lance the 3000 is also 480x272. I never tried one though. I thought the build quality of the old phat 1000 was better than the 2000. A PSP 1000 can be used as a blunt offensive weapon if you are cornered in an alleyway whereas a PSP2000 would be useless in such a situation.

I think all PSPs will play GT at 333mhz because developers can use the full power these days. I could be wrong on that however. :)

Frances_Penfold
1st September 2009, 09:35 PM
Mine is a Japanese 1994

Wow, an early one. Did you get Kurt Curbain to sign the back? ;)

Ever heard of kai or ps3 adhoc party? ;)

For kai: Every hit that comes out, and appears to not have an infrastructure mode, will be opened in the kai arena for sure, in a matter of hours or days after the release.

Yeah, I figured he was planning to use Kai or adhoc party-- mostly I am curious to know if there will be a significant number of folks playing via these mechanisms such that online matches can be found ;)

Set up of adhoc party is supposedly simple so perhaps it will widely used. And curses to SCEA/SCEE for taking so long to release the damn application outside of Japan :|

lunar
2nd September 2009, 10:46 AM
Wow, an early one. Did you get Kurt Curbain to sign the back? ;)

I think I bought it in 95, so I couldn`t have got Kurt to sign it even if I did bump into him, which was unlikely in Swindon. But it`s the very earliest model. It came with O for select and X for cancel in the firmware (I think it was that way) and I had it like that for years until eventually I put euro firmware on it. I was too scared to flash it with anything but Japanese firmware for a long time.

At the time I remember being worried that it would break easily or the nub fall off but really they are very robust, unless you are Asayyeah who managed to kill a few PSP 1000s, iirc ;)

Anyway it is good to know that GT is finally arriving for all those who bought a PSP 1000 to play it. You can`t accuse those developers of rushing untested product out of the door anyway.

swift killer
2nd September 2009, 02:56 PM
I've actually played a bespoke version of Gran Turismo, I know a well known sportscar driver and he says that its almost essential for Le Mans with the cut backs on testing, the realism is alot more impressive on this version.

Polyphony actually do supply these versions of the game to drivers and teams.

Lance
2nd September 2009, 03:13 PM
I hope they're not using the physics model from GT3-A Spec. My brief experience with it indicated a very unrealistic and insensitive control of the cars, which seemed to have constant heavy understeer, no matter which car I picked. My time on the damaged disk was too limited to fully explore the game, but that was the overwhelming impression I was left with. It was completely unlike the very realistic 'feel' of the original GT handling model.

kaori
2nd September 2009, 03:25 PM
I'll buy Gran Turismo PSP, this game seems to be cool, and multiplayer too.
I heard Ad Hoc party should become available on the US PSStore, it will be best for me (and most part of you), I don't understand Japanese !
Then, maybe I'll take too GT5 on PS3, I like the online mode on GT5 prologue, so GT5 can't be worse.

Harvai
3rd September 2009, 10:23 AM
I've pre-ordered my copy already, seems I get some sort of Enzo Ferrari unlock too. The Special Edition was the same price as the normal one, so I thought why the hell not?

On the Aussie automotive front, I'd be happy with just Bathurst. There were a few in GT4, so there's hope yet. Racing games never show the Aussie cars any love, it's usually the Pontiac GTO/Vauxhall Monaro (Which is really an HSV! /rant)

KIGO1987
3rd September 2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah i made a pre-order at EB too. The sales people there speak ****, i know, cause i use to be one, but i think getting to code for the Ferrari is legit, which is great.

Bathurst is one track, that must, and i emphasize must be included in the next coming Gran Turismo's. Driving up on the mountain truly tests your driving skills around those fast camber corners.

I dont think there is any new Australian cars include there Harvey. Just the AU Falcon V8 Supercar from Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec and the BA Falcon F6 and GT, as well as the Holden old 5.7liter V8 SS Commodore and Monaro. I would really crave to see the new FPV FG Falcon F6 in there. That car would own so many European and American cars.

Lets hope this game does come out on the 1st of October.

infoxicated
3rd September 2009, 12:35 PM
I've never heard any mention of Bathurst being on GT, but its inclusion would be awesome - it's a far better race track than some of the others on there.

lunar
3rd September 2009, 01:14 PM
Agreed about Bathurst. I`ve only played it in Toca World Touring Cars but it was the most thrilling and scariest track in that game. The way it messed with the weight of the car was brilliant.

KIGO1987
3rd September 2009, 08:12 PM
The V8 Supercars Bathurst 1000 is just over a month from now. Always is a great race to watch on tellie on that Sunday in October. Love watching the race when the track is all wet. I remember a few years back a roo got owned by a commodore on the mountain, the front of the car was completely owned. That was probably one of the best instant replays ive ever seen;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yszWnzyg1DM&feature=related

BOOM!

Imagine Bathurst 1000 as one of the Endurance races in Gran Turismo, 161 laps of hell. I would love that. I need to suggest this on Gran Turismo Forum.

But Gran Turismo PSP looks like one of the best PSP titles to purchase since Wipeout Pulse back in November 2007.

lunar
4th September 2009, 09:51 AM
Poor Skippy. A bit like Road Rash 3 with cars. Was that actually shown on air? I`m pretty sure it would be censored in the UK - we can see drivers having their heads smashed in from all angles but showing any injury to an animal is beyond the pale.

On the subject of driving games (I think I will need one for my PS3) is anyone thinking of getting Dirt 2? No split screen :( but the demo was fun and some of the races could be great stuff online.

kaori
4th September 2009, 10:13 AM
Agreed about Bathurst. I`ve only played it in Toca World Touring Cars but it was the most thrilling and scariest track in that game. The way it messed with the weight of the car was brilliant.

I could say the same words :) I loved this track on Toca WTC (and Road America), the cars could fly over the track, this game was very fun, with a great internal view.

KIGO1987
4th September 2009, 10:19 AM
Yeap Lunar, it was on llive air, and even better it was replayed over in slow motion too.

A minute later Ch10 was apologizing non stop for showing that footage. I can imagine alot of little kiddys watching the 1000 and saying, "is the roo ok dad?", lol XD.

Ive started a thread about including the Bathurst track on the GT Forums, most of the responses it pretty positive in seeing this track included in GT5.

Frances_Penfold
4th September 2009, 03:29 PM
Wow, those kangaroos really are the North American / European version of deer.

Convergent evolution FTW... or FTL in this case :eek

KIGO1987
4th September 2009, 05:11 PM
3weeks ago, i missed a Roo that jump out in front of my Subi, on this dirty road i was absolutely hammering it down with a few mates. Would of been nasty if i hit it. I need a roo bar on my car i reckon.

Lance
4th September 2009, 05:42 PM
Perhaps someday, kangaroos will race in GranTurismo.

KIGO1987
4th September 2009, 05:53 PM
Im not sure with Americans. But we dont actually ride roos here in Aus like a horse. Just got to watch out for them on the country roads, and in some places they are pests, so they are culled, and packaged for the Chinese and Japanese to eat.

Anyway, i just received a PM from SCE. Saying the released date for Gran Turismo PSP is official. 1st of October for here, cant wait, this game is going to be the best PSP game that has been released since Pulse.

BTW who here at wz is apart of the GTPlanet forums ???

lunar
5th September 2009, 10:12 AM
I think I might have found my PS3 racer, and this might keep a few going until GT arrives. Supercar Challenge (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/08/28/review-supercar-challenge/), just out yesterday, has a slightly naff name but could be the mutt`s nuts for a sim style racer. The game before, Ferrari Challenge, was a good sim racer but only had Ferraris and this improves on it, apparently. You can also get the demo here (http://www.system3beta.com/) I think. Going to download and try it out today. Hoping for some realistic driving action, no "Grid" style cheez, barrel rolls only when I screw up on corners, and lots and lots of flying Roos. :rock

Harvai
5th September 2009, 11:22 AM
3weeks ago, i missed a Roo that jump out in front of my Subi, on this dirty road i was absolutely hammering it down with a few mates. Would of been nasty if i hit it. I need a roo bar on my car i reckon.

Roo bars ftw! My dad hit a roo just out of Jurien Bay with his Navara, roo came off second best. And I remember the roo incident from Bathurst a few years ago, Jim Richards was the unlucky bugger if I remember correctly. Have you seen the footage of (Craig Lowndes?) having somebody's tire fly through the front windshield, just missing him?

Back on topic, Oct. 1st isn't that far off, HOORAY! Not long to wait at all!

KIGO1987
6th September 2009, 06:08 AM
The road to Jurien Bay is a good one. Good place to flat foot it, given your not doing it during double demerits and without a radar detector. But you have to seriously start to back off before you come by the Pinnacles. Much safer road than bloody old coast road through Mandurah, that road just ****ed. Good thing the Kwinana Freeway/Bunbury Bypass extension is going to open in a few weeks.

Roos are a a nightmare at nightime, sometimes they just come from nowhere. You find that they dont come out when its raining.

Yeah i remember that bathurst when the tire went smash into the windshield, good thing those windows are made extremely strong plastic. ****ing lucky ay.

Ay Harvey where you around Ozzy park yesterday by anychance? See that White 2009 Nissan GT-R? Well i was in it.... No **** XD Godly quick car it is. Going to be a good car in Gran Turismo PSP to fang in.

1st October i cant wait XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Lance
6th September 2009, 04:55 PM
I think the 'roos have probably received sufficient coverage considering that this thread is not a 'roo thread. :D

billychanxtr33m
20th September 2009, 06:47 PM
just saw a rather disturbing article about gt psp
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/granturismo/news.html?sid=6228693&om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;title;5&mode=previews

there is this un-nerving vibe that you wont be able to upgrade your cars in psp. ummm lolwut? maybe im wrong (god i hope im wrong) and you will be able to upgrade but im gonna rant anways: wow 800 cars is nice, but how about 500 cars that i can EFING upgrade? no licence tests are lame, but i can deal with that. turismo is the one and only carpg on the market. its the old story of boy meets car, boy upgrades car, boy finds hot new car and dumps his old car. wash, rinse, repeat = happy. and whats up with this focus on AI drivers? in gt4 AI was just a cop out for endurance races. but seriously, racing your AI online? i dont like the way this is going... at this rate you'll get all 800 cars in your garage and have the AI race for you exclusivly. i mean seriously, why even bother playing? why not just have the game be a series of rendered movies, i mean who actually plays games anymore?

i feel like some old guy babling incoherently about the "good ol days," before all you damn kids and your internets, and your youtubes, and your my faces, and your flying cars! i remember in gt3 when you would race an endurance race... you would be racing one race for like TWO HOURS! but it was all worth it at the end when you got some super sweet ride except you didnt because that damn spinny wheel thing always gave you the lame 30th aniversary camero or something. and the gt2, when you would win some random obscure car and would have to go to every dealership to find out where you could upgrade it. i remember the awesome music in the america section of the dealerships, and the song paranoid by garbage! every time i hear that song i get so pumped because i think im about to play gt2. and the rally racing! there was this rally car with like 5000 horsepower, and a massive wing on the back so you could just fly around the track. that sure made that climbing the mountain course easier, what was it called? sebanco climb i think... what was i talking about? TURN THAT DAMN ELECTRO MUSIC DOWN!!

Lance
20th September 2009, 07:27 PM
I read a preview of GTPSP at Ars Technica, and I remember the little alarm bell ringing in my head when I didn't see any mention of upgrades and tuning.

The anniversary Camaros suck [and I don't mean that in a gOOd way ;) ].

I still never got the RED version of the superhot 500+ horsepower 4WD little Honda del Sol in the orIGIinal GT. Got about 20 black ones trying to get it.

Motorsagmannen
21st September 2009, 01:51 AM
@billy: aaah sweet gt nostalgia. i loved gt2 so much that my gt mode disc is full of dead and unreadable sections (like i can only buy stage two clutch for nissan sunny gtr for instance.) :P
imo it was one of the very best games for the ps1 and without doubt the best driving game. actually only downside was, buy an escudo and your untouchable in every no hp limit race lol.
gt3 was a slight disapointment imo, alot fewer cars, and progression was painstakingly slow.

Harvai
21st September 2009, 09:40 AM
I still never got the RED version of the superhot 500+ horsepower 4WD little Honda del Sol in the orIGIinal GT. Got about 20 black ones trying to get it.

I remember that little demon car. You'd never expect them to get 500 hp from such a tiny car...

The no modifications thing is a bit of a downer. Still, with 800+ cars on offer, you could find one to give you the edge. Probably

Lance
21st September 2009, 02:27 PM
Probably. :g

I still like to play with the mods, though.

KIGO1987
21st September 2009, 09:27 PM
Theres a big chunk missing from this thread.

Lance
21st September 2009, 11:23 PM
I haven't noticed any of it missing.

KIGO1987
21st September 2009, 11:33 PM
Post 42# - 43#

Lance
21st September 2009, 11:38 PM
Since those posts are both still there, would you like to state more clearly what you are talking about?

KIGO1987
21st September 2009, 11:46 PM
between posts 42# AND 43# im sure there was additional content in there, big 2 week void there, maybe im thinking about the other PSP thread, **** it, never mind.

Lance
21st September 2009, 11:48 PM
I think that after I mentioned that it was time to get back on topic, no one could think of anything else ontopic for a bit, so no more posts were made for awhile; everyone had burned out their current thoughts on the subject, hence the long tour to some other country.

um... anyway... about GTPSP... uh....

KIGO1987
21st September 2009, 11:56 PM
No, **** it, here is what i was thinking of, it was on the sister thread;
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6229&page=12

KIGO1987
28th September 2009, 12:20 AM
Just posting it here as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGYx0XxQy0

"Brave the analogue nub" ???!!??, wtf, i like that.

Darkdrium777
28th September 2009, 12:25 AM
Because the analog stick on the PSP sucks.

KIGO1987
28th September 2009, 12:30 AM
On the Go it looks ergonomically ****ed, but on the "1000,2000,3000" it feels fine. Thats how ive been playing Pure and Pulse since. Easier to pull off BRs with the nub too.

------

Here is the Gran Turismo PSP intro scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKzwoCO2rdM&feature=related

rdmx
28th September 2009, 04:16 AM
Wow, I have to say I never expected them to use Noisia for the intro music o.0

Harvai
28th September 2009, 11:11 AM
Only 4 manufacturers per day? What the heck is that!? And only one song looping throughout the race? That drove me nuts in GT2. But hey, that's all minor things. It's bloody Gran Turismo I can play on the go.

Roll on Thursday! (which is Oct.1 over here)

KIGO1987
28th September 2009, 11:17 AM
Thats pretty sweet, wants me to race it right now,

Killer thing about the PSP is playing Pulse with your own music, that is going to be great with Gran Turismo, cant wait. Brilliant.

Harvai
28th September 2009, 11:23 AM
I keep forgetting I get an Enzo Ferrari unlock when I get the game... :D

Wonder if you can make a seperate folder for the GTPSP songs? Time to hunt down some 'driving music' methinks!

KIGO1987
28th September 2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah i get the same as well, so you pre-order the game at Electronic Boutique as well? I wonder if you can start racing the car as soon as you start the game. Kinda ruins to progressive fun of the game, going straight to the powerful cars first, you need to start with the shittier cars first, then progress up to the faster ones, when you have more cash.

I think the way of including you custom soundtrack in Gran Turismo is much like Pulse, add a folder, then drop and drag, and enjoy.

Lance
28th September 2009, 03:05 PM
In GT, I always turned the music off, so I don't care about playing my own selections with it.

What I would miss is the ability to make major changes to the cars performance and appearance [such as the racing bodies in the original game of the series], and being able to have the full choice of new cars any time. And it would be cool to have the old used car lot thing, too; it added something to one's involvement with the game to buy an old one and modify it into something radically faster. Sorta like hotrodding in real life.

KIGO1987
28th September 2009, 03:17 PM
Do you have a PSP Lance? If so, get GT, and join some online races:)

Darkdrium777
28th September 2009, 03:51 PM
Lance's post count is over 9000.
[Had to do it]

He also doesn't have a PSP.

Lance
28th September 2009, 07:49 PM
Correct. He asked me before and I already said I didn't. If I had got one, I would have already made it known. :g

KIGO1987
30th September 2009, 02:10 PM
Gran Turismo is coming out tomorrow, cant wait to go and pick it up tomorrow, looking forward :g

kaori
30th September 2009, 03:40 PM
Play this mini-game : http://eu.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gtpsp/skills/

And win a Mercedes SLR for GT PSP :P

KIGO1987
30th September 2009, 04:18 PM
im on that right now, and it is proving to be an absolute **** to do :mad:

------------

Half an hour later,

I got a great highscore,

I was happy,

I was going to get the Mercedes SLR to my Gran Turismo PSP car collection,

Then i get the most cuntyiest thing to happen,

Server error,

Fist into the keyboard (laptop still kinda works),

No Mercedes SLR for me,

Just a warped keypad on my laptop now,

Good thing with this pre-order ive done, im going to get the Ferrari Enzo free from the start. That car will own the SLR anyday,

So all is good (just not my laptop).

Lance
30th September 2009, 07:40 PM
Who makes your laptop and how likely would they be to replace a keyboard 'accidentally' damaged by a 'fall' which dented the obviously insufficiently well-made hardware?

Darkdrium777
30th September 2009, 09:17 PM
Fist into the keyboard (laptop still kinda works),
No Mercedes SLR for me
Just a warped keypad on my laptop nowJesus :eek

KIGO1987
1st October 2009, 02:32 AM
All good. HDD sounds a tad loud when it spins thats all :g

Who makes your laptop and how likely would they be to replace a keyboard 'accidentally' damaged by a 'fall' which dented the obviously insufficiently well-made hardware?

Cause i say it happen own its own, so the warrenty covers it. Stupid thing should work, then it wouldn't get hit in the first place :D

----

K, nuf of crappy built computer talk,

I just got Gran Turismo then, just poping on the PS website to collect my Ferrari Enzo now,

The packaging for Gran Turismo is sweeeeeeetttt!!!!, plus i got some awesome Bugatti Veyron collectors cars.

Happy Kigo :g:g:g:g

Harvai
1st October 2009, 10:19 AM
GTPSP is freaking awesome! Gonna have to head back to EB tomorrow, my Enzo unlock is nowhere to be found. Doesn't matter much, I can't get to the PS store from my PSP! No Enzo or Veyron till I can get leech someones wireless. And, due to some goddamn server reasons, I can't claim my beautiful SLR Merc!

You're right Kigo, the packaging for the collectors edition, goddamn. All black with a holographic Viper outline on the front. I'll take pictures if people want!

KIGO1987
1st October 2009, 12:04 PM
I think that is a Corvette ZR1 on the Collectors edition cover,

Hey the guys at EB where wrong Harvai, you dont get a Ferrari Enzo with the promotional code :( BUT YOU GET A BUGATTI VEYRON INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My one is a black beast, cant find a track to get it to 400kmh yet though, ive hit 397kmh on the Test course and 395kmh on that French track with the nasty bumpy surface.

Go to the City Harvai, or near some apartment tower, have a search on your PSP for unsecured networks, then borrow it for a few minutes to do update 6.10 and put your promotion code in and get the Bugatti.

Also with the game, go into the option menu, and transfer the game contents (1001mb) onto your memory stick, thats if you got enough space, reason being the loading straight from the UMD, is really, and i do emphazie really slow. So go into the settings and do that, it takes about 15minutes for the PSP to do it.

The game is not the usual type of Gran Turismo, not like the large games, neither the concept and the prologue games, its setup differently, since its on a portable unit. Its a tad different, but its still an action packed Gran Turismo game still.

I find that this game has the Graphics and Tracks dynamics of GT4, and the car handling from GT5 Prologue, still very realistic. I use the nub though, so im not sure how DPAD lovers would handle it,

After passing the first two driving groups, you unlock custom soundtracks for Gran Turismo, it can play straight of the Music directory, or you can make a Gran Turismo directory of your Memory stick, and insert your custom playlist there.

But the amount of content of this game, is incredible, im still amazed that the bloody Nurgburgring got put in there too, and its not downgrade from GT4 either, still got all the bumps and cambers in the corners.

This is the best PSP game ive purchase since Wipeout Pulse in November 2007, im loving this atm, you all should buy it, it no disappointment at all:g

archman
1st October 2009, 05:54 PM
Gran Turismo: I just lost by 18 seconds against an A class AI. 4th place :D:D:D:D:D
Driving Nissan GT Skyline GT-R '01. :) The game seems fine. Quite a "portable" GT, but still cool.
I'm using that "pro" mode. It's quite hard. I'm always last :D. Playing Deep Forest (GT2 :)).
Edit: HAhaahhaahah, I still can't nail some curves, ****ing bitches!!! :lol

This game is hard, and that's good! ;)

KIGO, enjoy! :)

Lance
1st October 2009, 08:30 PM
Is Deep Forest still like it was on the original GT? It was fantastically good in that game.

archman
1st October 2009, 08:54 PM
Yes. Somewhat altered, but still excellent! Also Laguna Seca, very good one. Gonna play this game further. The only crap for now is that daily shop thing...

KIGO1987
2nd October 2009, 01:30 AM
All the tracks are from GT4, with the rendering altered to suit the PSP.

Ive completed all the driving games, good some of them are bitches, but are a good challenge. Racing on the Nurgburgring is only good with the internal view from what ive discovered.

Did you happen to get the Bugatti Veyron Arch?

archman
2nd October 2009, 07:23 AM
Kigo: Never seen that one in the shop. But I got just 200,000cr for now, anyway. :lol

KIGO1987
2nd October 2009, 09:05 AM
I got the Collector edition of Gran Turismo Arch, i got this 12 digit promotional code, which was spose to give me the Ferrari Enzo (from what i was told), but i got the Veyron, i dont know if you can get the Veyron in the shop, hopefully you can, probably cost you 2,000,000 to buy it. and have to wait til day 1000 before you have an opportunity to buy the car. (This Four x10 Manufacture Car Shop ****, is starting to give me this shits tbh).

Hey Arch how does Ad-Hoc party **** work over the internet?

What **** do i need with Vista or XP, to allow me to race somebody:)

Also you use the DPAD or the Nub?

Myself i use the Nub.

archman
2nd October 2009, 02:12 PM
Kigo: I'm using analog, hehe. Feels better. :)
About kai: I've checked the game list yesterday. GT is still not there. It'll be in a few days for sure. I wonder if it'll be crowdy. I hope. :)
Check this for more info: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/
Basically you need a wireless card capable of going into monitor mode. There's a big list of the supported ones ^.
You also need to portforward a 30000 port on your router (or maybe by UPnP?) to make it work.

Oh, I just wanted to comment on the game again. By looking at the physics, this game is almost the same as GT2, or GT1 (I haven't played others), means, IMO not very realistic racing (not in terms of "futuristic" racing like wipeout) cause of all that sluggishness!
It says 100kph on the speedometer??! I'm going 60kph max, even 50 maybe, or am I blind cause of the racing track design or something?
They always have this "real racing simulator" slogan for GT. I always loved GT2, enjoyed it for a big time, but I never thought it was realistic. IMO it is not. It is just too sluggish. A 500hp car responds like a 40hp car. It's not fun. There is no speed sense at all. The game needs one.

Still, this is a good game, and I'll keep playing it. :)

I got the Collector edition of Gran Turismo, i got this 12 digit promotional code, which was spose to give me the Ferrari Enzo (from what i was told), but i got the Veyron...

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Sony-apologizes-fixes-bug-on-Gran-Turismo-PSP-pre-order-bonus-cars/pg/49/aid/134953

Sony for the win! :lol

KIGO1987
3rd October 2009, 01:05 AM
K, there is another way to get the Bugatti Veyron Arch,

Its available in the Car shop on DAY 52. Costs 2,000,000.

Drivin on the Nurgburgring Arch?

That track is killer on the PSP, just as bumpy as it was in GT4.

Got 7minutes around the track with the 2008 Ford Falcon XR8 V8 Supercar.

How far have you gone in the driving challenges Arch?

Harvai
3rd October 2009, 06:51 AM
I'm loving GTPSP. Those people bitching about not having a career mode don't know what they're on about. Same as the license tests. Its simply renamed 'Driving Challenges'. However, I've seen no bonuses for getting all golds, like I have done for the first two sets. Bragging rights, I suppose! :D

The 4-dealership a day thing takes some getting used to, but I quite like it. If there's nothing that grabs my attention, I'll just race some more, get some more funds and check back later. I've already got the DeLorean and the R34 pace car. Something else nice - cars that were awarded as prizes can now be bought. Wonder if the 4 'black' cars are in there somewhere?

archman
3rd October 2009, 08:19 AM
Kigo, I raced just a few Single Races. 15 days maybe. So challenges are actually nice? Gotta try it.
I raced only Deep Forest, Laguna Seca and some rally track (rally is amazing!!!). :)

BARTgai
3rd October 2009, 05:34 PM
Absolutely excellent game! :+ Spent the entire day yesterday playing it. Those reviewers must have been high or something because this game is amazing. I feel the challenges are basically a small campaign, perfect for the PSP.

Now I'm just trying to set up kai to do some online races. :dizzy

archman
3rd October 2009, 09:11 PM
Whaaaaaaat??? There's a kai entry for GT? :)

djKyoto
4th October 2009, 03:44 AM
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/gran-turismo-5-lamborghini-ferrari-larger-9.jpg

http://pic.phyrefile.com/b/bl/blitzr/2009/10/03/Route_246.JPG

:D

archman
4th October 2009, 08:26 AM
Now I'm just trying to set up kai to do some online races. :dizzy

Oh YES, GTP is on kai list! :)

EDIT:

XLINK KAI REPORT: Yes, there is an entry in xlink kai list! There's been about 15 players in while I was checking, but to me, they all had at least 300 of ping, so, it's unplayable. Also, noone answered to my questions, like noone's there. And yeah, seems like GTP Ad-Hoc mode works the same as Dissidia. Some "pre-lobby" ****, where you need to change your SSID in a matter of seconds. For me, I think there'll be no GTP online. Long live the Wipeout Pure mp mode! :)

KIGO, look what was offered to me at a day 13. :P

KIGO1987
4th October 2009, 11:18 AM
Nice nice there Arch.

Day 13, interesting.

Now take that car onto the Nurburgring, its an absolute challenge in the highest order. That car wants to take off into the sky, or it wants to go in the opposite direction than what you steer it, and thats with the R3 Racing tyres on it. That track is great. I love taking any car on it. Ive almost memorized that entire circuit since Gran Turismo 4 back when i bought that in '05. Crazy track. in the third quarter part of the track with the high speed long turns, love it.

BTW Arch, if you want a good drift car, keep an eye out for this one.

Blitz ER34 D1 Spec '04 Nissan Skyline.

Set the Front tires to R3, rears to R1, or less. Turn off all the ESC and TCS ****, and you got yourself a good drift car. Best track to test out your drifting skills is on the Autumn Ring mini. Brilliant it is.

Also you know what ive discovered about Gran Turismo PSP, there is not one night track. No Special Stage Route 5 or anything :( bummer. Game is still cool though.

archman
4th October 2009, 02:15 PM
Hehe, I didn't buy Veyron :lol I had only 200,000 credits XD

The game is amazing, but I don't get this tyre type or anything of this electronics...

KIGO1987
4th October 2009, 08:46 PM
Arch you should steal it then. Its a very good car. Its accelerates in one big surge, and the way it fly through the gears is amazing, no delay at all.

Arch there are a few ways to obtain money quickly in the game. Either buy getting Silver or Gold trophy's in the Driving missions, they give you heaps of cash. Thats how i got up to 3,600,000 in no time (back down to 1,000,000 now). Second is getting the fastest car you have, and taking it on the Test Course and racing against A-Class AI, you get 100,000 per 2 lap race win.

Keep and eye out for the Lamborghini Contach, its a bloody quick car, given its age. It has a lazy drivetrain though, very long gears, and like to swing its tail out alot, but its a good car.

A good priced car is the 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi C-Spec. Has to be the C-Spec, that one has more torque over the standard WRX, its good car on dirt and ice, and quite a nice ride on the Nurgburgring.

Also with the game on some tracks that ive noticed the "Gran Turismo 4" logo on them. Like on the Circuit De La Sarthe 2005 track, after the first chicane on the main straight, have a look in the rear view and you can see the GT4 logos still on there from PS2 GT4. Shows the tracks are just copy and drag from GT4. Which makes this game awesome, all we need now is some DLC planned in the future for this game, and it will become Epic :g

rdmx
5th October 2009, 06:03 AM
Just in case you were wondering, the 4 manufacturers and their cars are randomly generated, there is no preset day in which you can buy from them.

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 07:05 AM
I know, its becoming a tad bullshit, but that is how the game producers designed the game, so im not going to argue with Polyphony digital cause they definitely know there sh,it. Most of the time.

Im still waiting to get the opportunity to buy the 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Rally car. Ive got the Concach, Enzo, Bugatti, Escudo, AU Falcon V8 Supercar, Blitz Skyline, and a few good others, still waiting for Subaru to come back again, i only have bought one of there cars, best to make some more money in the mean time:)

archman
5th October 2009, 07:44 AM
Just in case you were wondering, the 4 manufacturers and their cars are randomly generated, there is no preset day in which you can buy from them.

We've been playing the game. :lol

KIGO, I've tried Nurburgring for the first time yesterday. 8 bloody minutes per lap! :lol That track is amazing, all the background and forest and all... <3

Oh yeah, I bought a Ford GT. It's some 2005 version if I recall correctly. Costed only ~150,000 Cr. :)

KIGO, we should do our personal TT boards somewhere if we get deeper into the game. What do you think? ;)

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 08:00 AM
I dont have a Ford GT that you are thinking of Arch. I have a 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 V8 Supercar (1,200,000:eek). Surprisingly, that car actually goes quicker around the Nurgburgring than the Bugatti Veyron (sup 7minutes), reason being you dont have to break early, and try to steer the Titanic around those bitchy end bends.

Yeah should post our TTs somewhere, maybe we can create another thread for this. I wouldnt mind matching other players Gran Turismo PSP lap and total race times, since you cannot upload them to any site, like that of Wipeout Pulse's (www.wipeout-game.com) ranking website.

What other cars have you got Arch?

BTW added any custom music in yet?

archman
5th October 2009, 08:05 AM
Nah, I play without music. Only SFX. I've been playing GTP for 3hrs max, so I got this three only: Golf IV, Nissan GT Skyline GT-R '01 and Ford GT '05. :)

Harvai
5th October 2009, 08:14 AM
I'm a little bit peeved - can't find Holden in the manufacturers list! FPV is there, but no Holden! Somebody please tell me the Monaro and SS are in there somewhere!

A Ford GT for around 150,000? Must be the new GT40 archman. No way an Aussie Ford would cost that much!
Still bought both FPV's, mind. I've got both Contachs', a Zonda C12S, a (nostripe) Ford GT and the Buick Special, which seems to protest about going round corners. A lot.

Anybody else using the cockpit view? I use it, and its fantastic. You get a little bit more speed sensation as well. I also agree on setting up a GT TT thread. Got a feeling I could match you guys then!

rdmx
5th October 2009, 08:23 AM
I just got the impression from one of kigo's previous posts that he thought the veyron was available on a specific day ;)

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 08:29 AM
You've already seen FPV Harvey? Lucky ****, im still waiting for that to come up so i can purchase an BA Falcon F6 Typhoon. HSV should be there. Ive seen the Pontiac version of the Holden Monaro, maybe get that if you see that Harvey, its pretty much the same car, different badge thats all.

F6 could out do the GT, if you put a decent enough turbo in it, and boost it as high as possible.

I used cockpit view a little bit, i find myself using the roof cam a bit more these days, its better when you do drifting also.

Nah, I play without music. Only SFX. I've been playing GTP for 3hrs max, so I got this three only: Golf IV, Nissan GT Skyline GT-R '01 and Ford GT '05. :)

Keep getting the cars and cash arch, i want to race you online of Gran Turismo some day, whenever this ****ing Kai Ad-hoc bullshit or whatever it is called works :G

Harvai
5th October 2009, 08:34 AM
I might wait for Vauxhall to come around - I don't remember them having 7 cars in GT4. Also bought the Pontiac GTO - drives way better than the FPV GT

archman
5th October 2009, 08:42 AM
A Ford GT for around 150,000? Must be the new GT40 archman. No way an Aussie Ford would cost that much!

Yes, it's a 2005 release, but it says "Ford GT" only. I've seen GT40 :) It was 1,000,000 worth I think!

Anybody else using the cockpit view? I use it, and its fantastic. You get a little bit more speed sensation as well.

I'm using internal, but I've tried the cockpit too and it really rules. Plus, I play on my laptop screen, it's awesome! ^^

I also agree on setting up a GT TT thread. Got a feeling I could match you guys then!

OK, we should create a thread for sure. Should we do it here in Offtopic section?

BTW: Do you guys race on Normal or Professional style? We need to regulate the scores by that point. ;)
BTW2: Can we sell our cars? I mean sell em, not trade em?

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 09:42 AM
I might wait for Vauxhall to come around - I don't remember them having 7 cars in GT4. Also bought the Pontiac GTO - drives way better than the FPV GT

GM/Holden V8s are bigger cc and more powerful Ford 8s. F6 is quicker than the Ford FPV GT actually.

BTW re: I race normal, haven't tried proffesional yet, that would have to be moderated
BTW2 re: I was trying to sell this car i have, but it seems like you cannot.

Yeah we should create this in a new thread,

Hold on i got one better ;)

archman
5th October 2009, 10:53 AM
BTW re2: Yeah, me too, professional is just too much for now. I think that normal is more fun. :)
BTW2 re2: Ok, that sucks. :- What will we do when we fill all these slots? Shrug...

KIGO, you racing internal?

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 02:37 PM
I did for a bit of the start, then to the back view, which happened to be too low to the ground and useless for Nurgburgring runs, now i use the roof cam, gives me the greatest contrast when racing, and is good for drift runs.

Harvai
6th October 2009, 05:32 AM
No Holdens lurking in the Vauxhall line-up. Sigh.

I've started using professional mode - ASM off, TCS set to six. Seems to work well enough, I might do a bit more experimenting later on.

BARTgai
7th October 2009, 12:06 AM
Something I spotted when watching my replays...

Clicky 1 (http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/BARTgai/DMCscrewup1.jpg) 2 (http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/BARTgai/DMCscrewup2.jpg)

(sorry for the crap quality)

Both back wheels are floating a good one to two inches off the ground. Also, if you look at the rim diameters in the second pic, it seems the smaller one is in the back. So essentially, it looks like they got the wheels flipped around.

Ok seriously, how do they not spot something like this? :bomb

djKyoto
7th October 2009, 12:23 AM
It must be going above 88mph, my friend. ;)

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 05:33 AM
You know, the DeLorean Motor Company is actually re-building and re-furbishing old DMC-12s again. I think its somewhere in Texas somewhere, might be close to where TCK lives. I wouldnt mind one of those cars myself, but with an old 911 engine in it, instead of the crappy 2.9 V6 OHV Renault engine that car had.

Anyway:

Who here knows how to convert the Gran Turismo PSP replay's saved on the Memory Stick to a Quicktime or an MP4 file????? Anyone know?

Archman and i are trying to set up a record tables for Gran Turismo. Being able to upload out video replays to Youtube would be great. Anybody know how to do that?

djKyoto
7th October 2009, 05:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZacNDd6vI

Eeeeeee. Still perfer the old one tho. :p

archman
7th October 2009, 06:30 AM
Kigo, I'll try to see that option tonight. Will test the possibilities. :)

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 06:32 AM
^^^^^^

That car is better than sex :D:D:D:D

Ive heard about this Toyota FT-86 car development a few years back. Ive been interested ever since. I don't think it would match the old Toyota AE-86 in lightness and opposite lock driftability, since the boxer engine would have to be in front of the front axel. Unless this car isnt a RWD and is a AWD drivetrain setup like all Subaru's since the mid 1990s.

Ive owned two Subaru's this will be my 3rd one. From this day onwards, im going to work OT and much as i can so when Christmas 2011 comes i can buy one of these cars from 0km mark brand new. I want that car now and bad dammit. Bugger it, ill chuck a couple of drifts in my Liberty now instead XD.

djKyoto
7th October 2009, 08:08 AM
It's still got a Toyota badge/body, so it's a Toyota, not a Subaru ;)

You don't call a Zonda a Merc for have a AMG engine :P

Car will be RWD only. Still it's no original (I've had 2 and they where sweet).

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 08:23 AM
From a few various sources, there will be a couple of variants of this car.

The RWD varient will be badged as a Toyota and the AWD varient will be badged as a Subaru. Its pretty much a Subaru. The engine comes from the base model naturally aspirated Impreza's on the market at the moment that produces 110kW and 196Nm. The FT-A6 probably would have a slightly higher output version of that same motor.

Toyota owns a large share in Subaru these days, hence why this engine for this project comes from a Subaru. Also the reason why Subaru cars have been ****ing ugly since 2000. A high output 100kW Corolla engine could of done the job tbh, since they weigh less.

Im still wondering if this engine is going to be placed front or behind the front axel. Its not going to be as opposite lock drift friendly as the old AE-86 reason being that car had a complete different engine configuration, an carburetor inline4 (1.6liter) over this Flat4 (2.0liter).

Either way. Been a few decades since a fun lightweight rear well car has been on the market since the old RS2000 and the original AE-86. Im buying this car for real when it comes out in 2011 :D Sell one of my kidney's if i have to :D

Harvai
7th October 2009, 10:05 AM
I thought that was a Supra for the first minute. It didn't click until I had a good look at the name - FT-86. "Why would they name a Supr- oh. OH GOD YES"

I've got the '86 Corolla Levin and the Suichi Shinego version (I think that's wrong), but I haven't seen the Sprinter yet. Toyotas' come up that many damn times...

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 10:32 AM
The car has more Fuji Heavy Industries tech in that car than that from Toyota. Shame Perth doesnt have the car show anymore, i wouldnt mind seeing this car for real.

archman
8th October 2009, 07:54 AM
I'm a proud owner of a Camaro LM Racing Car from now on. :) It's a ~600HP beast!
Btw: Are Racing tires "the best"? When do we use Sports or normal ones? Drift? Rally?

KIGO1987
8th October 2009, 12:03 PM
Racing tires are the most grippyest of tires From R1 to R3. R3 are the best and the ones that wear out the quickest, but i dont think that is too much of an issue in GT PSP.

Harvai
9th October 2009, 11:57 AM
I don't think GTPSP has a tire wear function (every pit lane i'me come across has been blocked off) so racing tires will probably come in handy for time trials.

@ archman;
600 hp Camaro? My TVR Speed 12 has 850! :D
This car has always been the most bonkers mad car in past GT's, what with wheelspin still happening in 4th gear. And the noise coming from that huge V12... Its like the Heavy from Team Fortress 2 in automobile form:

"Look at little baby car with small engine! YOU ARE SO TINY! IS FUNNY TO ME!"

archman
9th October 2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah I need something new and lighter, and 650-700HP is enough. ;)

KIGO1987
9th October 2009, 12:15 PM
Just saw the Ferrari F1 racing car from GT5P for sale.

$8,000,000

****!

$6,000,000 short of cash.

Anyway ive been pulling some killer drifts on the Autumn Ring Mini, with the 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX rally car.

Top score ive got in one lap in that car is 10500 points, man that is a drift happy car with the ESC and TCS turnout off. Ive got $500,000 worth of dough after 50 laps of fun on that track in this car. Really loving this game atm, especially with the ability to listen to your own custom music in there.

stin
10th October 2009, 11:15 AM
Looks like I will buy this game!

stevie:)

KIGO1987
12th October 2009, 11:35 AM
Take GT PSP to your golf tournaments when there are rain outs and waiting for people to get the ball out of the bunker :P

BTW looks at this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeiS26OyAnY&feature=player_embedded
Holly ****! New speed limit on the freeway.

Harvai
14th October 2009, 08:40 AM
Goddamn the Veyron is a beast of a car. All that power propelling nearly 2 tonnes with a 4WD drivetrain. And that exhaust note...

KIGO1987
14th October 2009, 08:50 AM
It is a quick car indeed, steers like a bitch though, thats even with the R3 tire set up choice. I used this car in my first ever online race yesterday night.

I was able to successfully to create a Japanese PSN account, i went on the Japanese PSN store, then i downloaded the 6mb Ad-hoc feature, installed it, then logged off an went back to my KIGO1987 account, gave it a try, it hard to figure out how it all work (this link here can help you out http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=114 :))

Essiently the button setup are like Ridge Racer Type4, "X" is back, and "O" is select. But after getting use to that, and understanding the Jap language, this app is pretty awesome, it supports text chat on keyboard, as well as voice chat as well:).

Anyway i did my first ad-hoc party race with Nightark last night, it work surprisingly ok, ping wasnt that bad, i was only racing against one other person, but the FPS did drop to a bad rate, and made the gameplay quite crap indeed. But im happy to say, it does work, and to all who want to online race with me, ill be happy to try it out with you:)

Once you have this app on your PS3, you can also do other online games on the PSP as well with your mates, like GTA LCS, GTA VCS, Monsterhunter, Wipeout Pulse and yes Wipeout Pure.

kanar
14th October 2009, 09:58 AM
well, not a real DLC yet, but a funny minigames stuff here http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtpsp/skills/
If you're good enough, you'll be granted with a Mercedes SLR McLaren 03 Magmarot Red to download through the psn. Would have prefered a Reventon, but hey, that's cool.

EDIT : F**k I'm dumb, the great kaou spotted that AGES ago http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151958&postcount=68 , sorry for the old new gah.

archman
15th October 2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk-QpB7GJjs

Just uploaded some video from my Grand Valley Speedway lap with this awesome car Corvette ZR1 '09. 1500kg but it goes so well. :)

KIGO1987
15th October 2009, 06:29 PM
Arch if i gave you some of my Replays over to you, would you be able to convert them into a quicktime or Mp4 file? I would like to upload some of my races to

archman
16th October 2009, 11:55 AM
I can do it, yes. :)

KIGO1987
16th October 2009, 06:19 PM
Ill send you some over messenger as soon as my head recalibrates to this early start of summer, bloody heat is getting to me right now, so im not going on the PSP or PS3 anytime soon, maybe once race here or there, or whenever someone wants to race me on ad-hoc party on the PS3, Still yet to race with Kanar yet, everything is out of sync atm in my world. Need to bring the rpm now, and find where to **** i put the bloody check for the private healthcare that was spose to be paid a few days ago, bloody heat screws with your head big time.

Ill be back on GT soon guys :)

archman
18th October 2009, 08:03 AM
I had a journey yesterday. I've seen this car in the shop yesterday (first attachment), but as you can see, I was 400,000Cr short :(
So I started a 34 lap race on that amazing track "El ...(something)" and after one hour came out with about 400,000Cr. Oh yes, the damn AI was tailing me for an hour! Check out the second attachment. Ok, afterall I went to buy this Veyron thing. It was 4WD. I want FR. :( It handled so sluggish, and I know that it had a great acceleration, but...I got a better time with Ford GT on Apricot Hill, with a Ford! (Ford is not bad, but hey, Veyron should eat it, no?) :lol
Anyway, I ended up loading the game again and continued racing without Veyron in my collection.
Oh, that third attachment, it's my favourite car for now! :)

stin
18th October 2009, 08:20 AM
Got the game and not even been opened it yet since thursday morning!:eek, due I was just shattered over my golf commitments!

Today, I will prise my precious case extremely careful to prevent scratch on my Xsara car!:mad:

Hopefully I will play my game today but I have alot to do first!

stevie:)

KIGO1987
18th October 2009, 12:15 PM
^^^^ You got two red Citreon's now. The Red Front Wheel Drive Xsara Rally car, and your one too.

I had a journey yesterday. I've seen this car in the shop yesterday (first attachment), but as you can see, I was 400,000Cr short :(
So I started a 34 lap race on that amazing track "El ...(something)" and after one hour came out with about 400,000Cr. Oh yes, the damn AI was tailing me for an hour! Check out the second attachment. Ok, afterall I went to buy this Veyron thing. It was 4WD. I want FR. :( It handled so sluggish, and I know that it had a great acceleration, but...I got a better time with Ford GT on Apricot Hill, with a Ford! (Ford is not bad, but hey, Veyron should eat it, no?) :lol
Anyway, I ended up loading the game again and continued racing without Veyron in my collection.
Oh, that third attachment, it's my favourite car for now! :)

Veyron is a beast of a car, but its a son-of-a-bitch when turning, even though it has like 24" Wheels and its 4WD. I nearly get the same time around the ring in the Ring Taxi (BMW M5) than of the Veyron of over twice the power. That car still steers like a bitch even with the R3 tires set up on the front as well as the rear. The Ford GT isnt a bad car, i dont mind it. I seem to have more fun in the M5 now, driving it without all of the TCS and the ACS ****, and being tail happy around some of the long bends. Good car.

That track is called El-Captian Arch, first came in GT4. One of my favourites, has some of the best cambered corners in the game, a well constructed track, especially the long chicanes on the last part of the track.

Quickest way to earn money in this game is to race on the Test Course. S-Class AI, you get 150,000 every time you come first in each 2lap race. Before you know it, you can buy the Polyphony Digital F1 Car, or the Ferrari one. I wouldnt mind seeing how quick those cars go on the Ring. Would be crazy.

blixabargeld
18th October 2009, 01:46 PM

After about 450 (ingame) days, I've spotted that the manufactures come out by a precise rotation, every time the same. It's pretty annoying, 'cause if you miss a specific car when without money, you'll have to wait fore the entire manufactures rotation.
Anyway is really a classy driving game, even without the career thing. fits perfectly with the handheld format, for a massive solo mode ther's gt5 yet to come.

Oh, and I can't find any good car for rally races, I've got the xsara kit car (fwd, practically useless anywhere than on asphalt) and the renault 5 turbo it's really hard to handle. any suggestions?

KIGO1987
18th October 2009, 02:37 PM
Buy what ive got. Get the 2004 Subaru WRX Rally car. Its the best car to drift with as well. I love that car. Drive it with all the TSC and ASC **** too, the car goes around the corners quite uniformly too as well.

blixabargeld
18th October 2009, 04:22 PM
thanks, could be a good one :D
Is the tcs thing always turned off in rallies? That could be the reason why others than 4wd cars sucks offroad..

Harvai
19th October 2009, 02:09 AM
That track is called El-Captian Arch, first came in GT4. One of my favourites, has some of the best cambered corners in the game, a well constructed track, especially the long chicanes on the last part of the track.

And it still has a invisible start/finish line...

Yeah, its one of my favourites too, Quite a well-put together track.

archman
19th October 2009, 08:04 AM
After about 450 (ingame) days, I've spotted that the manufactures come out by a precise rotation, every time the same. It's pretty annoying, 'cause if you miss a specific car when without money, you'll have to wait fore the entire manufactures rotation.

Yes, the shop really sucks. Carreer mode is not needed at all. It's just that the shop sucks too much. The only big con of the game.

KIGO1987
19th October 2009, 02:10 PM
That shop 4x10 feature is a real bitch. My guess soon as i get the money to buy the F1 car im going to miss buying the car from the shop by one day.

Correct Arch, there is no need for Career mode for this game, its already one of the largest contents portable games on the market. I just go on this game for a 30minutes plus at a time, and ive barely ticked off how many tracks i have S-Class AI completed on. Game should be good in the future when there are addition DL packs that will sell, should be interesting:)

archman
19th October 2009, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah, I want some formula. They're at least 3,000,000Cr worth though. But they should go like hell, eat the pavement. :lol

KIGO1987
19th October 2009, 02:24 PM
There is two of them out there ive seen, yet had nowhere near the money to purchase them. One was the Polyphony Digital F1 Racing car from GT4 which goes for 5,000,000 credits i think. And then there is the Ferrari F1 Racing car from GT5P which goes for 8,000,000. not sure what the differences between these two cars are.

KIGO1987
21st October 2009, 09:23 PM
Accumulated up to 6,260,000 credits now. Not far off the 8,000,000 to get the Ferrari F1 car, but then the Ferrari manufacturer came up in the car shop...... FU-CK!!!! that means when i do have that extra 1,000,000 to get the car im going to have to wait like another 100days for the next cycle to come up again. Guess it gives me incentive to save up even more an buy the Polyphony Digital F1 Car, still bullshit though.

BARTgai
22nd October 2009, 03:16 AM
I agree, the dealership thing could have been thought through better. Like maybe 10 manufacturers a day at least, not a measly 4.

Harvai
23rd October 2009, 11:12 AM
I'm always stuck at sub-1,000,000 cr. I'm distracted from saving by OOH SHINY! I've got about 67 cars right now. All 4 GT-Rs, all 8 Evos, Audi R8 LMS, Toyota 7, a whole bunch to play with.

archman
23rd October 2009, 11:47 AM
Harvai, drop some TT so we can compete. :P Hey, can you get the screenshots of the records table? Cause I can't handle these replays (region **** differencies).

Edit: First TT is up! :)

Harvai
23rd October 2009, 12:37 PM
Oh, damn. That's going to put a large spanner in the works. Sent you off a screenshot, looks alright to me.

archman
23rd October 2009, 12:56 PM
Harvai, the record is up! Thanks! :)
Others (kanar ? :) other guys?), feel free to give your entry too! :)

swift killer
25th October 2009, 11:45 AM
is it me or does the Xanavi Z JGTC handle like crap?

KIGO1987
27th October 2009, 07:01 AM
What kinda car is that? Never heard of it.

Anyway i have accumulated over 9,000,000 credits in the game, and i am still waiting for that bloody Ferrari car dealership to show up, so i can buy the Ferrari F1 race car. Love to see how this car goes around the ring, should be mental around the corners i reckon.

Sorry i missed you a few night back Kaori, can try GT PSP ad-hoc online again if you wish, just PM me, and we can work something out:)

archman
28th October 2009, 12:25 PM
I'm sick of this **** shop thing and ten millions of days earning credits. Pulse style rules, all ships are open. I'm not interested in earning credits like I was ten years back. I just want to put some nice TT or something, with whatever car I like.

KIGO1987
28th October 2009, 12:59 PM
Yes waiting for years for your manufacturer to coming around is bullshit.

archman
28th October 2009, 02:57 PM
Thinking of using the money exploit if some nice formula comes. :lol

archman
29th October 2009, 12:47 PM
Gran Turismo TT table is updated. ;)
Thanks, Harvai! :)

KIGO1987
29th October 2009, 02:02 PM
Have no idea how Arch's TT system is going to work now since he is banned.

Maybe we'll just to Ad-hoc party races on GT instead, bummer tbh.

swift killer
31st October 2009, 09:31 PM
What kinda car is that? Never heard of it.

its the works JGTC Nissan Z (red & silver)

KIGO1987
2nd November 2009, 06:33 PM
So sad to look above on over half of these threads to see nice people banned, such bullshit.

Was on ad-hoc party GT PSP earlier with Kaori, GT PSP is such a bloody flawed online game, utter mess at the best of times, had some good fun though, traded some cars, and had a few fangs sessions in our Subi's :)

Lance
2nd November 2009, 09:01 PM
They were banned for being nOt nice. Their bad behaviour is what caused their loss, and is what is truly sad.

swift killer
3rd November 2009, 02:58 PM
Few things that Polyphony should do is:

1) Not give in to this CRAP about customizing cars to ridiculous levels, i see alot of people who don't know anything about motorsport and cars complain about not being able smother a car in pointless stickers and idiotic mods which serve no function in respect to the cars performance, theres a time and a place for that = Need For Speed, in GT I'd prefer to have mods that go deeper into the aerodynamics of a car, maybe body kits complying to certain racing regulations (eg: SuperGT, DTM, FIAGT)

2) Try to include more F1 cars ( including pre-war ), and real life circuits as well as creating amazing original circuits like El Capitan, I'd also love to see the old road courses ( even the ones which lie partly destroyed, digitally restored to former glory ) like Charade/Clermont Ferrand ( the old road course ), it will enhance the fantasy element of the game, such as "how would a current gen GT car lap round Rouen Les Essarts?". I'd absolutely love to throw a Toyota 7 or a GT40 around those tracks from that era.

3) If Microsoft and EA are going to pull out all the dirtiest marketing tricks in the book then Sony should do the same twice as hard, its the worlds worst kept secret that both Microsoft and EA know their games wont sell as much and arent as good as GT5 so they'll pay people like Gamespot to give bad reviews and publish false press releases, we already know that EA contract with Porsche is being used as ammunition to prevent Polyphony from having one the greatest names in Motorsport (even though they havent designed a new car in 30 years!)

4) Improve the A.I. by miles, i still find its too easy, they should go forth and try to replicate real life drivers' intelligence and driving styles. I also find that the A.I. doesnt actually push the cars anywhere close to the limit, if you look at them theyre not actually following racing line in the sense that they dont push the car on the throttle to the exit apex on the edge of the cars grip as they should be, how ever what i have noticed is that the A.I has started to react to your presence in GT5P and GTPSP but theres still alot of room for improvement.

KIGO1987
4th November 2009, 07:52 AM
Swift Killer, i bought the Polyphony Digital F1 car, it useless to drive with the PSP controls, you need like a steering wheel to control it. You need to mess around with the TCS levels to find what level you are best suited to drive to, insanely fast car though.

Harvai
5th November 2009, 09:41 AM
I'd also like to see more F1 cars, the NTSC version of GT3 had about 6, I think

KIGO1987
5th November 2009, 09:50 AM
I remember those ones, GT4 ones have more give in the suspension over the GT3 ones.

Go onto Gamefaqs and talk to Archman, he can help you making money in the game quick smart ;)

yeldar2097
5th November 2009, 09:39 PM
mmmm 400,000 polys/car :D
yum

kaori
6th January 2010, 06:29 PM
Look the jacket (http://blog.fr.playstation.com/2010/01/06/gt-5-annonce-de-la-couverture-du-jeu/) of Gran Turismo 5 !
English (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/01/06/gt5-cover-announcement/) news too.

DreamyElf
16th June 2010, 08:27 AM
last night in Sony's live conference at E3 2010 GT5, at last, got an official release date!
2 / 11 / 2010!!! :D

GT5 has been in development for almost 5 years and this is not the first time Sony announces a release date only to delay the game further later...
GT5 is ready for at least a year now but Sony, along with Polyphony Digital, decided to polish the title further.
the major reason for the delay appears to be 3D and the Playstation Move.
Sony really wants to promote Playstation Move and they decided to do it with GT5.
another reason for the long delay is the inclusion (along with WRC and the inclusion of damage) of Nascar.
i guess this was a move to sell more copies in USA, since Nascar is not popular outside the states.

personally i would be happy if i have gotten the game a lot earlier and later being offered Nascar as DLC and 3D and Move support with some patches!

anyway i don't know if there are any other GT fans here but let's hope that the game will be AT LAST available at 2/11/10!!! :rock

infoxicated
16th June 2010, 11:36 AM
It's actually further out than I thought it would be - I figured October at the latest.

I just hope Fallout New Vegas and SOCOM 4 don't slip or it'll be a crowded end to the year.

Really looking forward to seeing how this handles, even if I was a bit underwhelmed by the demo.

UB3R~JKP
16th June 2010, 05:29 PM
I LOVE GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pre-ordered my collector's edition today after I heard the news!

138 days!

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 12:40 AM
Dito going to do a pre order on the Gran Turismo 5 Collectors edition package.

For any who do not know what it is, here is a link;
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-gran-turismo-5-collector-s-edition-unveiled-176660.phtml

Here is the video that was displayed during the 2010 E3 convention
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd0fscJeyxg&feature=digest

Gran Turismo 5 rally with Night transition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1OZCwRGFUA&feature=digest

The Nurgburgring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkenSVbJ00s&feature=related

This video speaks for itself;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=746uWpjd85w&feature=digest

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 01:05 AM
Quick questio: What WZ Users have adhoc party + GT PSP 'cause I want to start having track days :D

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 01:11 AM
3 here that i know of;

Kaori
Nightark
Xtriko

Jonathan (kaori) doesnt reply to his PSN message now days, so you pretty much left with me and the Portuguese man nowdays.

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 01:18 AM
Righto, KIGO made a thread if you want to sign up. ;)

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 01:26 AM
Looking at it now.

yeldar2097
22nd June 2010, 12:27 AM
Mmmmmm GT5 Track editor :dizzy

KIGO1987
22nd June 2010, 10:10 AM
What? :hyper

Where abouts?

UB3R~JKP
22nd June 2010, 10:54 AM
Don't forget Stunt tracks and Go~Karting :D :D :D :D

KIGO1987
22nd June 2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, that too :)

I hope the Subaru SVX Alcyone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Alcyone_SVX) makes a return, havent seen it in any Gran Turismo since Gran Turismo 1.

Havent seen any wet weather tracks since GT3 on the Super Special Night track.

That should be interesting with the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue car driving dynamics.

JFthebestJan
22nd June 2010, 05:10 PM

imagine "möhnesee" - "sorpesee"(both awesome bike-routes):D
think of it like "nordschleife", but in a much more pervert version.

or isle of man :hyper

KIGO1987
22nd June 2010, 09:37 PM
Bathurst (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Panorama_Circuit) is a must, but i really doubt the Polyphony Digital team know where and what the track is.

On racing games that do have the track included, it is a really challenging track with heaps of dips and pivot turns on the track. Would be amazing to race this track with the true dynamics of all the car from Gran Turismo.

infoxicated
22nd June 2010, 10:31 PM
Bathurst would indeed be awesome. I loved playing it in Codemasters World Touring Car Championship on the PS1 - I still have that game now. I'm sure I picked up a Bathurst track mod for GTR, too, but then my pc got a bit flakey and I couldn't play it.

JFthebestJan
22nd June 2010, 11:12 PM
yeah, bathurst :rock

with an editor, we should be able to create all tracks of the world, and much more.
we can rebuild all wipeout tracks :)

KIGO1987
24th June 2010, 10:20 PM

I was wonder what you where going about. (http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-weather-track-editor-confirmed/)

Well if Bathurst isnt in the game, ill make it for sure. Along with my favorite fang strip here :g

DreamyElf
8th July 2010, 06:33 PM
here are two new videos:
they include some muscle cars, LM prototypes, nascar damage and wrc cockpit view!:hyper
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tour-trailer-gran-turismo/701523
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/action-trailer-gran-turismo/701521

RedScar
8th July 2010, 06:39 PM
At first I wasn't really going to buy this game since the last time I enjoyed GT was quite some time ago. Now GT5 is setting up to be the best PS3 title to date (minus WOHD) and is forcing me to consider buying a wheel.
I only wish I had a 3D TV (don't we all?)

KIGO1987
8th July 2010, 06:49 PM
A 3D TV. ill love that too.

Get the collectors edition of GT5. That looks pretty sweet as well.

KIGO1987
15th July 2010, 02:31 PM
Went late night shopping with a mate tonight. Pre-Orders of Gran Turismo 5 is now starting. Prices going to $119.95 for the standard edition, no pricing yet on the Collectors edition as of yet, estimates to be $149.95 :eek. Bit of a a bloody large price increase tbh. Better be as good as it has been hyped up as it is.

UB3R~JKP
15th July 2010, 03:54 PM
But that Collector's Edition DOES look good :D

DreamyElf
15th July 2010, 04:00 PM
no way i'm paying those prices even if i love GT so much...
those special and not so limited editions are just there to rip-off the fans, no thx i'll pass!
maybe i'll be interested if the final price is lower...:)

i did the same with gow.
i pre-ordered it for 150 euros, then luckily just before the release date i saw a video on youtube with the unboxing...
i canceled it immediately and bought separately gow collection for 35 euros and gow 3 (after a month) for 30 euros. do the math...
i bought a DFGT wheel with the money i saved! :g
oh and if i wanted so much a pandora's box i can go and buy a real one, not a plastic one.
the place i live here in Greece is full of souvenir shops, i'm sure i can find a pandora's box! :D

KIGO1987
24th July 2010, 05:09 PM
Here is some new news on Gran Turismo 5;

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-head-tracking-underwhelming-but-damage-looking-beautiful/

http://www.gtplanet.net/uk-residents-play-gt5-july-30th-at-playstation-beta/

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-premium-cars-go-beyond-ps3s-capabilities/

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-online-community-features-let-you-track-friends-progress/

http://www.gtplanet.net/wind-effects-in-latest-gt5-demo/

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-nurburgring-gp-circuit-gameplay-videos/

The whole reason why i bought my CECHC02 PS3 back in 2007, just to get this game. Looking pretty cool so far. Wind effects in the game, really next gen material.

ProblemSolver
24th July 2010, 05:17 PM
There is a rumor that GT5 will feature multiple platinum trophies (and I lol'd).
Hopefully they get that right. Trust in Kaz! :)

DreamyElf
25th July 2010, 04:52 PM
nice update kigo :+
yeah GT5 took(still taking) SO long to be made, that's why i waited few years before i buy my ps3...
just make sure to buy a ps3 slim and a wheel before GT5 is being released! ;)

UB3R~JKP
25th July 2010, 05:00 PM
My GT Force is BEGGING to played with GT5, oh well, the awesome Colin McRae (rip) Dirt is great with it, why did the sequel suck balls?

Ace3cube
9th August 2010, 06:25 PM
Gran Turismo 5 > 3 editions
1) Classic (~65€)
2) Collector (~70€)
3) Signature (~180€ O.O lol)

It looks very expensive 180€ ! lol but ... are fingers gonna buy it \o/
Hurry ! November !

Nutcase:259
9th August 2010, 06:42 PM
The Signatures waaaaaay to expensive, but the collectors seems the most reasonable, and the 'apex' book that comes with might actually be of someuse out side of the game :g

Sengoku
9th August 2010, 06:59 PM
I'll be getting GT5 this xmas! Cant wait! With Wipeout its the best racing simulation game ever! :D

MetaKraken
17th August 2010, 06:26 PM
I got Gran Turismo PSP, and I'm totally excited about this game that allows me to transfer cars to GT5 on November 2 :). Oh yeah and GT5P also allows me to transfer my cars as well. I have about 69 of my best cars in GTPSP (since I might need them for online races) and I also have at least 18 cars in GT5P, which totals up to 87 of my cars (but I'll raise it up to 88 when I get the F2007 on GTPSP).

I like the new damage system for GT5, but seeing as how I don't want to wreck any of my good cars, I would set it to off, since most of the players may mistake it for Burnout and start crashing into each other. Overall, I think GT5 would be great :D.

AppleJack
18th August 2010, 06:04 AM
Yep got my collector's edition preordered. When I saw it was coming with a model Nissan GT-R I decided the collector's edition was the one I needed. I have a small collection of die-cast model cars and the GT-R with Gran Turismo livery would fit right in :)

One thing I heard about GT5 that kinda disappointed me is the fact that only a fraction of the cars will have the interior view in the game (about 200 out of the 1000; what they're calling "premium" cars). Forza 3 on the 360 has interior view of every car in that game, and that's close to 500 cars when you count all the DLC packs. I know, I'm probably being too critical, but that kinda disappointed me (though not near enough to keep me from getting the game).

I also don't like the fact they put nascar into the game though I can see why they did it. Like it or not nascar is the main race series in the US and it has a major following. Still, apart from the fact I find it boring to watch guys go 500 miles in a circle, my main issue with nascar (and F1 to a lesser extent) is that to me it's too corporate. Every nascar race with the exception of the Daytona 500 has a corporate sponsor as part of the race name, and when drivers are interviewed they mention sponsors every other word they say.

My only other two wishes for GT5 are:

-Custom soundtrack support. I'd LOVE to have my own music to jam out to while playing GT5. I've got a driving playlist I made for Burnout Paradise all ready to go. Race games were made for custom soundtracks IMO

-A paint/livery editor similar to what's in Forza 3, so I can make the cars in my garage truly my own. One thing about GT that has always annoyed me is the fact you're pretty much stuck with the factory colors, and race mods (in GT1 or GT2) were very limited. Don't need any of the funky lights under the car or any of that junk, just the ability to paint the car whatever color I want, put vinyls, manufacturer decals, tint the windows. Whether one likes or hates the 360, the paint editor in Forza 3 is one thing they got right.

Apologies in advance for the small nascar rant.

Take Care, and to quote a line from Monday Night Combat: "Keep Your Ammo Cold, and Your Bacon Hot!"

DreamyElf
18th August 2010, 07:15 AM
kazunori yamauchi, the producer, told that in GT5 ALL the cars will have in-car cockpit view.
it's just that 200 premium cars will have amazingly in-car details with a lot more polishing.
he said that polishing all 1000 cars it would take ages so he decided to do it in a selection of cars...

i'm just hoping the online is great and penalties are fair(unlike gt5 prologue...)

as for me i'm getting the collector's edition with the sweet apex book.
signature edition is just a rip-off, paying 100 euro more for 1/24 model, a keyring, a wallet, a usb-flash, for a chance to enter a competition you'll never win and finally some cars that will become available as DLC after some months...
better to buy another DFGT than paying those extra 100 euros...

i am HUGE gran turismo fan since day 1 in 1998 but i can't justify the price for that sig edition...

yeldar2097
18th August 2010, 06:46 PM
Japan gets all the good stuff: http://www.techdigest.tv/2010/08/gamescom_2010_g.html

18th August 2010, 06:57 PM
You hear there including a track editor too? Could be incredible, addin in all those tracks that didn't make it, The IGN link seems to have disapeared but google it and it comes up with some promising info :D

Silverstone and Spa here we come!!!!

kaori
18th August 2010, 08:43 PM
Look here ;) http://www.gtplanet.net/early-info-on-gran-turismo-5s-course-maker/

Personnaly, since I saw first Toscana videos, I thought this decor seems to be ideal for track editor.

AppleJack
19th August 2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the info on the cockpit view...one less thing to worry about lol.

mmm....Nurburgring at night...track editor...weather system (I think the last race game I played that had rain was Toca 3 for the PS1)...I may never play another race game again once GT5 comes out (except Wipeout HD of course).

Hopefuilly they'll add themes and other elements to the track editor as part of DLC packs...always good to have more environments to race in.

The apex book will be an interesting read and it should have some good information.

Don't think I bothered with racing online in GT5 Prologue. I generally don't like playing race games online(Wipeout HD being an exception).

DreamyElf
19th August 2010, 06:08 PM
i didn't know there are karts( :hyper) on GT5 until i read this today:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/19/a-garage-full-of-new-gran-turismo-5-features/

about B-Spec i used it only on some long endurance races back on GT4, found it a little boring though(even if i'm a manager type lol), let's see what new additions Kaz has made...:)

november seems far away atm...

kaori
19th August 2010, 06:40 PM
kazunori yamauchi, the producer, told that in GT5 ALL the cars will have in-car cockpit view.
it's just that 200 premium cars will have amazingly in-car details with a lot more polishing.
[...]

I have read the same thing than you, but I'm unable to recover the web page where this is :(
Have you the link ?

infoxicated
19th August 2010, 10:09 PM
So now it has karting. :|

Dammit! Just when I had made my mind up that it was a wait & see purchase they go and announce that. Now I want it day one. And a driving seat. And a 3D telly.

And a raise, so I can afford all that. :dizzy

DreamyElf
20th August 2010, 06:42 AM
I have read the same thing than you, but I'm unable to recover the web page where this is :(
Have you the link ?
i think i found it, here you go kaori :)
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo52/news.html?sid=6266213&mode=previews

edit: here are some preview links :)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-19-gran-turismo-5-preview
and
http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6273983/gran-turismo-5-update-course-maker-driver-management-and-kart-racing/?tag=picks%3Btitle%3B2

kaori
20th August 2010, 06:19 PM
Have you create or copy this sentence ? "it's just that 200 premium cars will have amazingly in-car details with a lot more polishing"

Sengoku
21st August 2010, 10:11 AM
Haha with all the leagues coming into the GT franchise I say they make a Wipeout league someday haha :)

JFthebestJan
21st August 2010, 01:35 PM
course editor confirmed :D

100.post, jey

mikrucio
28th August 2010, 07:50 AM
to be honest im more looking forward to F1 2010 in september
than I am to GT5.

F1 looks AWESOME!

Connavar
30th August 2010, 10:55 AM
Problem with F1: greyish/brownish visuals at 30 fps, no thanks!
GT5 is playing in another league!

30th August 2010, 02:32 PM
Will anyone else buy the crap cars just to do them up to see how fast they can get them to go? thats what i normally did on gt4. Got my supertuned Fiat Panda to something like 175mph :lol. did the Nordschleife in under 8mins too (something like that) i love tuning the cars. its proper race tuning stuff not just changing body panels like crappy need for speed games (although if i could do that too then id be very happy)

Whizawk
1st September 2010, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klp_iHctHec&feature=related

I would of thought other racing game developers would have needed a clean pair of shorts after watching that.

GT5 due to release in Nov 1-4th this year 2010 is an anticipated game. Polyphony wanted to reach the milestone of 1000/k cars and placed a variety of them within different race modes; Standard, Super GT, NASCAR, and Rally. I must say they have really raised the bar with this game, as it looks impressive and looks packed.

There are also rumours of the game being so big that it's on 2 blu-ray discs, but I don't really believe that as the 50gb disc is just about enough for any recent game; non-comparable to the XBOX 360's standard DVD 12gb disc.

I must say there is a dilemma when they choose the platforms to release their games on, as XBOX is a more common console, the developers would sell more of their games on that platform, but that's only if they were money-driven.

Some developers love to mess around with all the extra space on the PS3 blu-ray disc and inclue extras and such, however this is all in good spirit and generosity for the fans; over the more cash made by selling it on the 360.

I'm really hoping to get GT5 when it comes out in November, as it is a must-have for any racing game fanatic.

Chet_BG
4th September 2010, 07:47 AM
My brother is playing the PSP version. I tried it yesterday, but... it just doesn't seem right. It's very slow and you have to slow down even more to take a turn. Not to mention the lack of airbrakes, sideshift and barrel roll :D
No, seriously, I never liked racing games, but I've played GT4 a lot a few years back. But now, after playing Wipeout, I'll never be able to look at another racing game.

someguy789
7th September 2010, 07:09 PM
I'm planning on buying the PS3 version (I've been waiting for it for years now) but I might get LBP2 first

DreamyElf
17th September 2010, 12:07 PM
here is an AMAZING new video!!!
Snow,rain,night effects and more!
enjoy ;)
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/gran-turismo-5-weather-and-special-effects
and an alternative link:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-gran-turismo/704776

still wondering if you'll buy GT5? :P

ps: i received an e-mail from play.com that the game will be released on 5 november instead of 3.
just a delay of 2 more days though, so np.

edit: here's a few more fresh videos :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-gran-turismo/704760
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-gran-turismo/704780
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-gran-turismo/704778

jesse9705
19th September 2010, 01:50 AM
anyone else pre-ordered this awesome game i have and there is 100 cars 6 cars to start with and 20 tracks and a bonus top gear test track in collecters edition
:hyper OMG OMG time to get hyper :clap

traksta1
12th October 2010, 11:01 AM
Due to having an extra £40 in pocket from return of buggy mess that is F1 2010 and being "on the bounce" from the dissapointment of that and probably suffering some serious brain fade too, i have pre-ordered the signature ed. of this game. GT4 was my main reason for getting ps3 (in readiness for gt5 oh so many moons ago, lol) and the only game that i have ever managed to grind out 100% completion of. i am as excited as it is safe for an elder citizen to be!

Oh, and by the way, hello to everyone here on this pretty lively forum for the BEST PS3 ONLINE RACEGAME EVER. WipeoutHD. i am now backing out of the room bowing and scraping in the general direction of the exceptional pilots that post here. you know who you are.

DreamyElf
12th October 2010, 11:32 AM
welcome tracksta :)
be sure to read the forum rules first...

okay, i wanted to make this clear.
i said in an old post of mine that all the cars will have cockpit view.
unfortunately, Kaz Yamauchi, confirmed that only the 200 'premium' cars will have cockpit view...
the rest will be HD scanned and will also look gorgeous but they will not feature cockpit view.
anyway, its better to have 1000 cars than 200 so i'm cool with that.
3 weeks only for GT5...

UB3R~JKP
12th October 2010, 11:57 AM
Can't wait it's gonna rock! :)

We should have a WZ race team me thinks!

kaori
12th October 2010, 06:22 PM
Yes a wipeout team on GT !

The RedBull X1 prototype was built for us :g

( http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Video/Project-X1--The-ultimate-car-on-Gran-Turismo-5-021242903200135 )

Colonel
13th October 2010, 10:38 AM
I've decided I'm going to wait a while before getting GT5. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it and it will be great, but I've only had Wipeout HD for about 4 months and I want to get a few more months out of it before a GT5-enforced break.

So I reckon Chirstmas at the earliest but probably my birthday at the end of Jan. GT5 will be a huge online game for years to come but I'm not so sure about Wipeout HD. Having said that, can't wait to get on the Nurburgring again!

DreamyElf
13th October 2010, 05:19 PM
GT5 has been delayed AGAIN!
more info here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-13-gt5-has-been-delayed-again
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-delay-confirmed-coming-this-holiday-season/

i really hope this is happening for the last time and we'll have the game before christmas...

yeldar2097
13th October 2010, 05:25 PM
Smile if you're surprised -_-

amplificated
13th October 2010, 05:35 PM

:(

13th October 2010, 06:42 PM
it'll all be over by Christmas... :lol

anyone fear that by the time this comes out, alot of the new cars at the start of production will be almost half a decade out of date? :|
is there a cut off point where there like "ok we cant add any more cars?" or is that why they keep delaying because new cars come out that they need to make, which delays the game, which then makes the new cars out of date as new ones come out, and on and on....

if this game ain't the shiz in every conceivable way its gonna be a massive disappointment considering the hype

UB3R~JKP
13th October 2010, 10:17 PM
I don't care anymore GT5, why do you do this?

DeepMix
13th October 2010, 10:19 PM
rage mode [on]

-_- hope the delay worths it, im pretty much sure that is because of the call of duty releasing date they are going to release it later -_-

infoxicated
13th October 2010, 10:23 PM
IMHO This is more of a strategic decision than it is a development one.

Sony know it's is going to sell huge numbers - "a platform validator and a system seller" as they called them internally when I was there. It's more than likely already gone gold and they'll be working on a patch to fix the final things that are showing up in QA, but I reckon this delay is simply one designed to catch the wave of festive season hype and meet demand in style.

Folk with a PS3 will get GT5 to start their holidays off and folk who want them both will get a PS3 and GT5 bundle for xmas day.

There's no point in going after shelf space with Code of Honour or Medal of Duty or whatever the trigger-point-tram-ride FPS of the year is for 2010. HMV have already got windows decked out with camouflage netting for Black Ops like it's the only item they're intending on selling for the next month anyway.

To be fair, nobody launches after November unless they're selling something the public will fall over themselves to get - we got our fingers burnt with WipEout Pulse, launching so late in December 2007 when there was no marketing for it. But for GT5 you bet your ass there'll be marketing and the shelves won't be as crowded with big releases by that point.

DreamyElf
14th October 2010, 09:25 AM
yeah i agree.
this is definitely a marketing move to avoid confrontation with Call of Duty and dominate the christmas sales charts.

anyway, i could moan like a little kid but i won't.
i've waited so long that an extra month or two won't hurt me.
in the end it's just a game, there are more important things to worry about in real life..
i just feel a bit naive that i thought PD would bring it to us on november...
as an old fan of the series i should have known that this would happen again.
GT4 and GT for the psp have been delayed so many times too, history repeats it self...

kaori
28th October 2010, 06:52 PM
X1 Prototype seems to be an extra WipEout XL/2097 ship !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvxMEOO4a_E&feature=player_embedded

MetaKraken
28th October 2010, 07:01 PM
I wonder if that car can compete against other fastest vehicles, like the Buggati Veyron, the SSC Ultimate Aero (IF it's featured in GT5) and GT by Citroen :P?

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th October 2010, 08:15 AM
The X1 Proto kinda reminds me of the Lizard Nightmare of Ridge Racer Type 4 in terms of its looks.
It DOES have back wheels,right?(just asking)

29th October 2010, 11:49 AM
i think it does, its just got wheel covers. hmm seeing as this is adrian neweys design i wonder if some of this is cut and paste from his 2011 redbull f1 design? i mean like the side pods or nose...

Should have let Mark Webber drive "ahh blimey christ mates ive slowly spun into a wall an crashed..."

A-Tomic_Power
30th October 2010, 09:23 AM
I wonder if that car can compete against other fastest vehicles, like the Buggati Veyron, the SSC Ultimate Aero (IF it's featured in GT5) and GT by Citroen :P?

Compete? It would destroy any other car on track due to its lightness and power. Veyron and Ultimate Aero would eventually reach higher top speed but there isn't a straight long enough for them to catch the X1. Well maybe the Volkswagen test track with 9 km long straight which propably isn't in GT5.

xtriko
1st November 2010, 11:36 AM
remember that you can tune the gear box of X1 too... and the X1 standar topspeed is 400kmh but nothing can match that corner speed and breaking power. not to mention that ultra high torque...
anyone for some races on GT5 Prologue? :) there's a new expert event on Eiger Nordwand Reverse with FR cars :D

yeldar2097
1st November 2010, 02:39 PM
Does anyone else this it looks a bit...unnatural?

Just looks weird (even though it's a video game anyway) to see something going round the track like that. Seems very arcady to me.

Will just have to wait to see how it feels for myself I guess :P

xtriko
1st November 2010, 06:02 PM
I bet you will find a way to barrel roll on GT5... ;) lol

SaturnReturn
1st November 2010, 11:34 PM
@yeldar - I personally thought it looked ridiculous in the way it went around the track. It was as if it was a) glued to the track, b) sporting the kind of wobbly polycarbonate shell you get on R/C kit cars, and c) sped up using some weird cheap effect.

amplificated
2nd November 2010, 07:01 AM
I don't know, what can you expect from a car that doesn't exist? You can forgive how it appears glued to the track perhaps due to the fan and much of the car designed to have a lot of downforce even in low speeds, and you'd imagine it's made from light material, so it could appear somewhat flimsy... but anyway, it's literally a dream car. Can't be too hard on it :P

A-Tomic_Power
2nd November 2010, 07:35 AM
Formula 1 cars can also appear to be glued on the track if driven properly and consider that they are restricted in downforce and grip. In videogame however you can't feel cornering and braking Gs which can make the ride very uncomfortable at X1 speeds. If the X1 was real it could come down to who has the most guts to drive it at limit.

traksta1
2nd November 2010, 12:02 PM
Good points A-Tomic. The driver would indeed be having a hard time! The Brabham BT46 of 1979 also had a similar ground sucking fan arrangement as the X1 and, as I remember, was mostly banned for its ability to suck up small mammals, portions of track etc and then gob it all out the back into the faces of competitors at 5000mph!. The "what if" premise that was used to design the X1 has intrigued me for decades. I have no doubt that if such a thing was ever made, piloting probs aside, it would go pretty much as advertised!

F.E.I.S.A.R
2nd November 2010, 12:12 PM
I think that if AG-Racing was a real spectator sport, the pilots would be facing lots of Gs even on Venom(or at least Rapier)

I did go off-topic,so,sorry

2nd November 2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah i too thought the way it went round corners was a bit funky, looks sped up. not 'naturally' quick,

i also found the video a bit erm up its own? i mean its not like its new, theyve just taken a 40 year old technology an stuck it on a red bull f1 car an covered the wheels....

theres a ton more ingenuity to be had than that.

kaori
8th November 2010, 05:40 PM
First ingame video !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wm5ojKNR2M&feature=player_embedded

Faster faster :hyper

ProblemSolver
10th November 2010, 03:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/T3FVT.jpg

Colonel
10th November 2010, 11:03 PM
First ingame video !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wm5ojKNR2M&feature=player_embedded

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony."

Tossers, they delay it for years and won't even let you watch a video of it :mad:

ProblemSolver, wouldn't be surprised, it's destined never to reach us.

DreamyElf
12th November 2010, 04:58 PM
You can find GT5 videos on youtube(search GT5 and select recent uploads) but they'll just spoil your experience imo.
I watched a couple but then i stopped, i'll wait to explore the game myself.

Oh, and btw it's official, the game is out on 24/11/2010! :hyper

UB3R~JKP
16th November 2010, 07:31 PM
THIS JUST GOT INTERESTING:
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132225&page=208
Check out pages upwards from204...

MetaKraken
16th November 2010, 07:41 PM
My parents have pre-ordered me GT5 and I'll be getting it for Xmas :D.

TwitchySpitfire
16th November 2010, 09:30 PM
THIS JUST GOT INTERESTING:
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132225&page=208
Check out pages upwards from204...

That RDK guy is rather suspicious. Many people ask him for more photos, and he clearly states in one instance "I don't have the replay anymore." Do you find that odd Ub3r? You'd think he'd hop on a race and just take more pictures.

It seems he either found a bit-torrent version of the game that is unfinished, and found pictures on google of the Gran-Turismo collectors box and just slapped them onto the web page or he's using a Beta build and has hyped up his own copy of the game.

His pictures are also intriguing, as if they really aren't his. You'd think he would show off anything or everything he could.

xtriko
17th November 2010, 07:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq78uNvd_tw

my very first go on GT5 :) awesome game but... terrible AI... ram kings

UB3R~JKP
17th November 2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah Twaitch, i've been skeptical since day 1 with this guy! Also, if there WAS A LEAK of this game surely more people would have access to THEIR copies also, R and another user Tekken90 are the only users who "apparently" have the game!

ALSO, have a look at that error message again, don't you think the caution symbol looks at a different angle to the rest of the shot...