PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

MEKAGORI
23rd August 2009, 07:15 PM
Other than stats, I mean. Do you just like the look of the ship and team or is there a deeper meaning behind your choice? Maybe it has something to do with the back story?

...or do you just pick whatever feels right?

I used to race Assegai because it seemed pretty balanced without being ugly -cough-Mirage-cough- but after I got more into the game I switched to Goteki 45 when I found out they were from Hawaii.

lol, Silly reason, I know, but I felt obligated to represent my heritage.

I'm starting to lean more towards Qirex though, as I just like the way it looks from behind. :P

DeepMix
23rd August 2009, 07:30 PM
my favorite is the auricom for the way it handles, its fast and good looking..

but in my way for the ultimate loyalty on all teams lol i discovered other really good teams like the piranha (fury & hd) triakis ( fury & hd) , icaras (fury), harimau (fury), qirex (hd)

RedScar
23rd August 2009, 07:58 PM
Handling > Speed in most games for me, but max handling is generally not useful. So AG-S it is. And it also looks reasonable for an AG-S.

MEKAGORI
23rd August 2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I noticed that it looked a lot like the Nx1000 Prototype... would've been cool if that were featured in the game, lol.

sh1kamaru-
23rd August 2009, 09:24 PM
I just liked the design of the HD AG-Sys, I sticked to it, just did the others for the trophies but didn't like them, even for SL I rarely take Icaras.

okam
23rd August 2009, 09:26 PM
I like assegai for the handling, it just "feels right" for me. Might not feel right for others though.

I love the stinging bee (black and yellow Harimau) for it's looks tho, and often use that in Eliminator (allthough the low shield is a little crap at phantom because it's hard to avoid knocked into walls/other ships, but ah well).

stever
23rd August 2009, 09:27 PM
I've always had a soft spot for Qirex since they were by far my favourite in the original WipEout, but since they lost their tank like qualities in the PSP and HD games I've not used them as much. With the Fury updates though they've become an excellent team again (as they seem to have done very well from the new stat bonuses handed out) so I'm back to using them for the Fury campaign.

NightArh
23rd August 2009, 09:57 PM
I should be more patriotic and choose Qirex but I prefered to race in AG~SYS Team. Well handling and responsive ship in Pulse made a choice without me

Yozim
23rd August 2009, 10:06 PM
Well.. i'm pretty noob at this awsome game.. but i have used Assegai because of it's handling and not alway speed at tricky tracks, and I think it is a pretty cool ship too, and used Harimau and Icaras on more speedy tracks.. works perfectly for me :)

yeldar2097
23rd August 2009, 10:20 PM
HD harimau looks like sex and drives like it too :P

would be my team but Greenix banned me after I crashed/defaced his ride :lol

AppleJack
23rd August 2009, 11:04 PM
I used AG-Systems constantly for the longest time until I got the Wipeout Disciple trophy, mostly because I like the look.

Lately I've been using the Harimau for attempting to do some of the campaign events on Elite difficulty

IH8YOU
23rd August 2009, 11:18 PM
I can manage with just about any ship / team for the most part - but my favorites would be (in no particular order)

HD Harimau (If looks were a stat - this one is it.)
HD Qirex (Nothing like setting records in "that ship".)
HD Triakis (If you want to lose with style - that's the only way to go.)
HD Icaras (Yes my soul dies a little each time, but it is almost a requirement for time trials and such.)
HD AG-Systems (I hate it, I think it's ugly, and it's over-powered in acceleration / handling - but for some reason, I do exceptionally well with it especially on Phantom. See also dying soul from Icaras)

HD Auricom (In the end, my heart belongs to HD Auricom - it's my "home team" - and not many people like it. [That's a bonus in my eyes] If you can figure that thing out - it's very rewarding. Granted, winning in an HD Auricom is a LOT harder now that Fury ships are on the block, and side shifts are semi-broken again, but I still love it - aesthetically and functionally.

YouAreFubar
23rd August 2009, 11:45 PM
Ive used and been loyal to Feisar all the way through my WipEout career over the past 10 years. But since HD Harimau, ive found a new team. The handling is still decent enough for the tricky tracks and it has a better top speed. Admittadly its not the best looker for me, I much prefer the look of the Fury Auricom and Goteki ships.

Griffon
23rd August 2009, 11:48 PM
I've been using AG-Sys for a long time due to it's good handling and speed, but as of late, I've been trying out Piranha because it's even faster, and the bad handling actually helps my bad habit of over-steering.

Aeroracer
24th August 2009, 12:47 AM
i love qirex its my favourite but since the ship is so crap at delivering results i dont bother so i use all the other ships instead:dizzy:dizzy

djKyoto
24th August 2009, 01:01 AM
I use AG-S just for their cheerleaders. Mmmmmm. :g

billychanxtr33m
24th August 2009, 01:44 AM
THE LIST :rolleyes:
1. Icaras // everybody loves the fastest ship but that wont stop me from making it my number one. i figure if you are going to skimp on a stat, it might as well be shield. i love the design of the ship, especially the first alternative skin. that red on black with white accents was beautiful, and the blue shield really sealed the deal on making it my favorite looking ship. fury icaras was ok but nothing holds a candle to the hd greatness. :+:+:+:+:+

2. Assegai // my ship of choice in pulse gives it a leg up in hd. it also has popular stats but the ship design is pretty good too. the alternate skins were lame in pulse and hd but the base color scheme is nice. the fury ship looks amazing and is one of the few fury skins i like. after spending more time with hd i find the airbrakes on this ship brake hard and turn sharp not wide, which doesnt really sit well with my play style. still, memory of the asymmetrical cockpit from w03 put assegai over the top. :+:+:+:+:+

3. Auricom // with nice power stats and a good design, auricom bleeds win. the red white and blue, with star in star action is a great look. the fury ship is beautiful and the best looking fury design imo. its also the least popular ship online and nothing feels better than topping a room full of icaras with the one auricom. THE AURICOM WAY!! :+:+:+:+:+

4. Feisar // ok, ive never exactly been president of the feisar fan club.... but fury feisar really won me over. while the hd design was pretty average, the fury skin looks great with black accents. the added stat boost to the speed stat means you wont be run down whenever you have a lead, always a plus. but the real selling point is the handling, not the fact that it has that stat maxed mind you, but the way the air brakes function lets me lightly tap to angle myself perfectly for turns without slowing me down much. feisar is working its way up my list every day. feisar is love. :+:+:+:+:+

5. EG-X // in hd i found eg-x pretty good. the color scheme was nice, and while the design was average from the side, it looked really good from behind. the fury ship took this to a new level with an arrow head like profile that made the ship look and feel very agile. the stats don't really stand out to me but i'd take the eg-x ship for a spin any day. :+:+:+:+

6. Mirage // the balanced stats of the hd ship gave mirage an average feel, but the full on green color scheme and radical bug design make mirage a winner. the fury skin was ok, but it toned down what was so great about the hd ship in the first place. the handling was favorable to my style of driving so mirage gets my vote of approval. :+:+:+:+

7. AG-Systems // this ship has good stats and i mostly like the way it handles. i even like pit viper like snake head design. something just never sat well with me when it came to ag-s strangely. maybe its the popularity of ag-s online in phantom races. maybe its all the white in the color scheme. whatever it is, i just don't trust ag-s. careful friends, ag-s is trying to take over the world. :+:+:+:+

8. Harimau // the hd design was pretty good, and orange is my favorite color... but i could care less about harimau. the fury ship isn't very good looking, and i don't like the way it handles. even though its stats for handling are high, i never got the feel for this ship. harimau is pretty popular online so let the other pilots have it. :+:+:+

9. Goteki 45 // i love the color scheme of hd goteki but the ship design is hit and miss. and there is nothing worse than being in first, perfect lapping, and still getting run down by a ship with higher speed. fury goteki has better speed but looks like a bulldozer, needs more pink! in a parallel universe goteki is my favorite ship, but here i just don't care. :+:+:+

10. Qirex // boring!!!! boring ship design and boring color scheme mean i could care less about qirex. it has balanced stats with a boost to shields which kind of make it a bizarro assegai. the fury skin looks a bit better but i don't remember how the ship handles because it was too busy boring me to sleep. :+:+

11. Piranha // i find your lack of thrust, disturbing... the bad thrust make piranha useless in races. and considering icaras is the big time trial ship, piranha is a ship without a home. i really want to like piranha, the design and color scheme is great. the shame is the fury ship looks blocky and lame, all those curves is what made the hd design great. im sorry i hate you piranha :brickwall :+:+

12. Triakis // i am not a fan of triakis. i don't like the ship design, camo color scheme, or fat ship profile that runs into everything. the WWII plane teeth on the fury ship tried to win me over, but the rest of the ship just looks meh. triakis also mirrors piranha's stats, meaning it has no purpose at all. :+

ive maxed my loyalty for everyone so all the teams have about equal time on them, so i don't think i will change my mind on this list.

AG-wolf
24th August 2009, 02:20 AM
Qirex has been my favorite since XL/2097... I initially picked it because it was the fastest ship (when you first play the game) and because I thought it looked really cool. I eventually got used to its poor handling and became really good with it. I was very disappointed with the stat, handling, and ship-model change in Pure, and it was then that I realized using Qirex in XL set my precedent for a ship/vehicle in ANY racing game...

Fast
Strong
everything else be damned

I use Qirex in HD because I still think it looks f*cking sexy, and even if it can't compete with some of the other ships, I still have fun. But yes, I like fast, heavy, and strong, if it accelerates like molasses or turns like a brick, I don't care... a good enough pilot/driver can compensate. Qirex, Fire Stingray (F-Zero), Wario (Mario Kart), etc.

crawdad62
24th August 2009, 02:42 AM
Started out with Assegai (sort of remembered the name from playing Wipeout on the PS1). Quickly went to Harimau (which is probably still my favorite, at least in HD form). Flirted with Auricom (loved it but for whatever reason stopped using it). Used Mirage to nail Sebenco (but only Sebenco). Finally went from using Harimau most of the time to using Feisar and really haven't deviated since. Every once in awhile I go back to Harimau since I do love the look of the ship.

Haywire_Guy
24th August 2009, 10:26 AM
Back in primary school i used to play as Piranha, (since it could reach tremendouse speed while being able to take a beating) but with HD i switched to Harimau - simply because i am Malaysian xD. Its a decent ship, goes pretty fast quickly, and turns 100 fold better than Piranha.

Cant play much cuz of impending exams tho l|l_l|l.

finngers
24th August 2009, 04:13 PM
I used to use qirex as the second skin (the purple one with a lighter purple then white circle on the front bits)on vanilla hd as it looked top but changed to mirage with fury as I seem to be the only person who thinks the new skin looks cool :paperbag

infoxicated
25th August 2009, 09:34 AM
I tend to use AG-Systems, because I liked the Belmondo connection and the handling suited my style of play in WipEout 3+SE, but I also use Icaras and EG-R / EG-X.

Icaras because of the sheer speed in W3 and because I took some care over the back story for Icaras for WipEout Pulse when it came to bringing them back.

EG-R because I thought it was the best looking ship in Fusion and again in Pulse/HD, because the idea to merge EG-R and Xios was mine and I felt some responsibility to actually use the ship! Plus I sat by Egg when he was working on the EG-X ship and pestered him a lot to make it look "more like the Fusion one", so I owe it to him to play with it. :)

I never use Piranha, Harimau, or Mirage, although I should use Mirage because the team name was my idea, when Colin had originally chosen Mantis. I needed a team to go with the MAGEC back story I'd created and wanted to move the team to fit with that. Colin was too swamped with track design at the time to, quite rightly, shout me down and so Mantis became Mirage and moved from Mexico to the UAE.

At the time I felt that there were too many teams "over that way" (Auricom, Piranha, Mantis) and none in Saudi Arabia region. I feel bad about that one, because the ship had already been designed and the colours already chosen to fit with Mantis, so I probably shouldn't have meddled there. Now I can't use the ship because I feel guilty!

Vartazian
25th August 2009, 09:54 AM
I just liked AG systems. My second choice, which is Assegai just looked like some sort of Space Cruiser, Like a military class Ship.

AG SYS just looks sweet too, handles like a dream.

Haywire_Guy
25th August 2009, 10:47 AM
I tend to use AG-Systems, because I liked the Belmondo connection and the handling suited my style of play in WipEout 3+SE, but I also use Icaras and EG-R / EG-X.

Icaras because of the sheer speed in W3 and because I took some care over the back story for Icaras for WipEout Pulse when it came to bringing them back.

EG-R because I thought it was the best looking ship in Fusion and again in Pulse/HD, because the idea to merge EG-R and Xios was mine and I felt some responsibility to actually use the ship! Plus I sat by Egg when he was working on the EG-X ship and pestered him a lot to make it look "more like the Fusion one", so I owe it to him to play with it. :)

I never use Piranha, Harimau, or Mirage, although I should use Mirage because the team name was my idea, when Colin had originally chosen Mantis. I needed a team to go with the MAGEC back story I'd created and wanted to move the team to fit with that. Colin was too swamped with track design at the time to, quite rightly, shout me down and so Mantis became Mirage and moved from Mexico to the UAE.

At the time I felt that there were too many teams "over that way" (Auricom, Piranha, Mantis) and none in Saudi Arabia region. I feel bad about that one, because the ship had already been designed and the colours already chosen to fit with Mantis, so I probably shouldn't have meddled there. Now I can't use the ship because I feel guilty!

Holy Macaroni were you an employee at Studio Liverpool!!?? My respect for you just multiplied 1000 fold, your place as head administrator has been earned every ounce lol.

On another note you should try Piranha or Harimau sometime, each are the kings of speed an Maneuverability respectively. (Fesiar a shade better at turning tho)

Kyonshi
25th August 2009, 12:30 PM
I'm alternating between Feisar, Harimau and Auricom.

Feisar because i've been a long time pilot, since wipE'ouT'' in fact. I did because i believe that perfect control can make you the fastest on the track.

Then i went on Harimau, just to make some change. I like Harimau's design, it felt perfectly balanced, and i must admit i like the improved top speed and the fact that it almost handles like Feisar.

Finally i've been with Auricom because i wanted to try one of the heavy-weight ships, and i find this one being the best, technically. Even more with the Fury version, i got 90 pts of top speed and shields and 70 pts of handling :D Thrust only improved of .5 pts, but the rest of the specs are perfect for me. I also picked Auricom out of patriotism (its been made by a consortium of US and Canada teams) and because nobody really used it in HD :)

DISRUPTOR
25th August 2009, 02:59 PM
Mirage, no particular reason apart from well balanced and nice looking.
To be honest i dont know any history or story beind the game.

IH8YOU
25th August 2009, 06:57 PM
PS - on the Auricom bit. I never use the red skin out of respect for one of my friends. It sounds dumb - but I feel he "earned" that color (considering he got so damn good with the Auricom) - so I fly with the default or 3rd skin almost exclusively.

I always fly the HD Auricom - and I don't win much anymore, but it's nice to "keep pace" with all the Fur-roid'd ships using the "old one". Retarded, I know, but I feel greater pressure / increased challenge this way.

Lance
25th August 2009, 11:21 PM
Holy Macaroni were you an employee at Studio Liverpool!!?? My respect for you just multiplied 1000 fold, your place as head administrator has been earned every ounce lol.

And he created the WZ befOre he ever worked at SL. He was also the admin of the official Fusion site while working at SL, but the WZ is his own, created and financed by him.

diddymal
26th August 2009, 05:16 AM
I use Assegai or AG-S for the tight tracks with sharp turns, Icarus for the longer easier tracks. If I'm playing a mode like Zone where all ships are equal I choose a totally different team just to mix things up.

Rapier Racer
26th August 2009, 08:04 PM
Assegai since WO3SE (obviously not including Fusion). I like high handling decent speed and see the weaker shields as a challenge. Plus there a large degree of team loyalty for me since I used it so much playing 3SE...you can bet I wasn't a happy boy when Fusion came along.

Also of course, we are the pretty boy team of the anti grave racing league, and by that I mean the ship lol.

Lightlord
26th August 2009, 10:51 PM
Its an interesting question using mirage at the mo mainly for the points i would say piranha for the sheer speed but its acceleration is not good enough at the start but the hd skin does look far better than the fury skin, fat and ugly well done studio liverpool you've managed to make a ship once refined as the ultimate craft in previous wipeouts hideous and repulsive. And will people PLEASE STOP slating the triakis its not a bad ship by any stretch and besides its always taken a bloody update for people to beat some of the times i have set, one of which was on Vineta K rev rapier in a triakis in which people got close but could not beat until a patch update lol!

Handmadelion
31st August 2009, 02:47 AM
Yes I would say there is a reason I choose the ships I do. Some depend on certain tracks, but online you don't often get to change ship for a particular track cause lo and behold the host starts the race. Let alone if you even remember what the icons for the tracks are. I'm trying to memorize them.

But I just like the feel of Piranha, Feisar, my GOT45, and occasional Quirex. I flew Harimau religiously on Pure, and that did not carry over to HD/HD Fury.

robanddee
8th September 2009, 05:27 AM
I have always flown Feisar, right from original PS1 version and have stuck with it in WOHD. However I was having problems with the last Tournament in Meltdown (Elite, Phantom, 8 races) - kept getting knocked off the track or eliminated, tried that Tourny more times than I can remember with no luck. So I switched to AG Systems and beat it on my 2nd try by about 12 points! So now I'm rethinking my allegiance to Feisar...might be switching teams!

sny
8th September 2009, 06:24 AM
There are two reasons why I chose Goteki 45. It was the first ship I picked because I loved the looks, but I failed miserably at piloting it at phantom speed, so I completed Campaign mode in novice using Harimau instead. But as I was browsing these forums looking for helpful tips and tricks to improve my game and I came across the "Wipeout HD videos" thread and saw videos of DD777 and Hellfire piloting Goteki 45-s flawlessly at phantom speed on even the most difficult tracks.

I was like "NO way that that's the same Goteki 45 I can only use as a pinball at phantom speed, bouncing from wall to wall...", so I decided to switch back to Goteki 45 and get the Elite Campaign Legend and Arcade Perfect trophies using only this ship, and ultimately to beat some speed lap times of these two Goteki Gods.

By now I can finally say that I'm getting close... although by far not consistent enough in online races or even speed lap sessions, I managed to clock the fastest Goteki 45 time on some tracks in phantom speed laps. Oh, and I'll take this opportunity to say thank you to both DarkDrium777 and Hellfire_WZ for motivating me to become a better pilot. You might not have known it, but the videos you made (and hopefully keep making) are what keep me coming back to WOHD. :)

O_BR
8th September 2009, 11:20 AM
I flied Qirex colors before because I like the design and the handling style of
the ship. Found out that it's too slow to really go fast. I didn't want to switch
to the obvious fast ship choice so I went for Piranha. You don't see much of
those so that's a bonus for me. ..The Fury Piranha is a lot more nimble
and has better thrust which has made it more popular now.

My contract with Piranha still continues although I do like the new Harimau
design! But wth does "harimau" mean!?

PIRANHA! You know what that means.:guitar

EDIT: Hmm., tigers are cool,..

IH8YOU
8th September 2009, 04:56 PM
Harimau = Tiger

Haywire_Guy
9th September 2009, 06:51 AM
yea Harimau is actually spoken Malay for tiger.

lol on a side note "Mau" by itself means cat in spoken Malay.

Avenger2197
9th September 2009, 12:47 PM
I would have to say that I go with FEISAR more than the other ships, but I find EG-X, and Assegai to be equally fun to pilot. I'm the type of pilot who never really has one ship to use, as i try and usually like them all for their own reasons.

TwIsTeD
9th September 2009, 02:49 PM
The reason is that I was using that team when I registered this site.
Right now I change teams on the fly but if I want to play more seriously I make good track-ship combinations e.g. Feisar-A.G. for Chenghou or Auricom-Piranha for Anulpha.

Lance
9th September 2009, 03:36 PM
yea Harimau is actually spoken Malay for tiger.

Apparently "hari" means 'big-ass giant striped danger', :)

Mateo
9th September 2009, 03:45 PM
I used to race with Ag-Sys in the beginning, because it's my fastest team. But I switched to Feisar, because it's the most beautiful imho.

warhawk813
8th January 2010, 08:17 PM
I started out with Auricom during the first wipeEout because i loved the fact that both pilots were female:nod...and the graphics of the ships. Then i started using Assegai when 3 came out because of the handling, design and graphics of the ship. When Pulse came out... I switched to AG Systems, again because of the design and graphics of the ship. And as HD/Fury came out, I continued using AG Systems for campaign completion and online, I soley use Assagai for Eliminator. It just feels right for me!

TheFrostE
8th January 2010, 08:25 PM
I've been feisar loyal from the start...and although they were definetely broken in XL and wip3out ...there was nothing better than racing wipeout 1 with a feisar ....(sophie de larente) soooo smoooothhhh and i have carried the tradition through wipeout HD

Koleax
8th January 2010, 09:56 PM
After being gone and racing a lot of Zone for a while, I came back and really liked racing with Qirex. It's the ship that feels the most like 2097.

F.E.I.S.A.R
10th January 2010, 12:18 AM
I like FEISAR as I have been playing with that team since 2097/XL.
You might be thinking,Singapore is neighbours with Malaysia.Why not race with Harimau?Well,my loyalty list is as follows
1)FEISAR
2)AG-Systems
3)Harimau

Dan Locke
10th January 2010, 03:16 AM
I use the Auricom or the AG-Systems in the first game, depending on my mood. I tend to favor the Auricom for its speed, though.

In Wipeout XL, I use the Qirex, as it has the driftiest handling, which makes it fun to pilot.

I don't play Wipeout 64 much, but I tend to use the Auricom in that game for its balance of handling and shields. Its super-weapon is pretty good, too.

I usually go with the Auricom in Wipeout 3, although I do use the AG-Systems and Piranha from time to time. I don't like the heavier, floatier ships nearly as much as I do in the other games.

In Wipeout HD, I usually use the Auricom for its speed and stability, but I occasionally switch to the AG-Systems if I need extra agility.

So, yeah, it looks like I tend to favor the Auricom. It always seems to be well-suited to the handling model in each game, and it has good performance. Also, it's American! :cowboy

(sophie de larente)
Hottest character in the game. It needs to be said.

siriusbee
10th January 2010, 06:02 AM

Wot? You *want* it to mean, you mean.

Apparently "hari" means 'big-ass giant striped danger'

It means 'day'. You should use this plane only during the day hours, and not at night.

XpanDrome2097
10th January 2010, 11:16 AM
I don't have a PS3 and WipEout HD/Fury, but during this days I have played this awesome game at my cousin's house :+!
I use Assegai: fast, good thrust, awesome handling and excellent Fury version...the low shield is not a problem for me.
And the second choice is the amazing Goteki 45, expecially the Fury version (the best Fury ship fo me).
Exactly my most used teams in Pulse.

yeldar2097
10th January 2010, 12:05 PM
Harimau (Actually I use Harimau+ but whatever) (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=harimau&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a)

It drives itself.

N00b ship ftw :hyper

Wotan
10th January 2010, 12:15 PM
I made campaign with assegai . Then i saw a couple of video on youtube and i decided to use ag-systems :)

Thanks to him http://www.youtube.com/user/MadPadMan#p/u/32/5xhzhPlqw-A :+

franman
10th January 2010, 07:05 PM
My favourite vehicle is the Mirage. Other than being well balance it has a silly look.

Having two antennas on its head with blue and red beams bouncing up and down there is not other futuristic vehicle in Wipeout looking more silly than that one.

For that reason I just choose that silly mantis vehicle.

Lance
10th January 2010, 08:09 PM
~snip~In Wipeout XL, Wipeout 3, and Wipeout 64, the speed difference between the fast and slow ships is much, much less noticeable due to the narrower, more crowded tracks. I use the Auricom because it has the most balanced stats.~snip~

I disagree; in Wipeout 3, the speed differences are very great and very noticeable. Most of the record times are held by Icaras in all classes and on all tracks. There are few instances where the first four ships have any chance at all, and the records indicate that that it is usually only Assegai that sometimes beats Icaras and only on the tightest tracks like Manortop. Some people complain that this is one of the few failings of WO3, but the game is still my co-favourite with WO2.

IH8YOU
10th January 2010, 09:15 PM
I still love the under-dog ships even now. Most of the smart people who enjoy winning have moved on to Fury ships. Those who wish to set records, fly the nimble + fast, or the massively accelerating machines. But I still consider a #8 or #10 global time using ANY of the ships below to be an EPIC achievement. No matter what the speed class, multiplayer or time trial or SL.

Besides - these ships are pure sexy IMO. Auricom is my home team and a wonderful twin hull. Qirex is my counties evil arch nemesis, with an equally sexy twin hull. Harimau is just clean design, with hints of grace, harmony - that flies exactly the way it looks. And I can't leave out that Aussie beast. On the extremely rare occasion I DO fly Fury - its in a Triakis! Triaki are just so menacing and intimidating to hear behind you, those howling engines... And anyone who's even touched the HD Triakis knows to even be inside the pack takes superhuman skill - and to be beaten by one is humbling if you're flying anything else.

My favorites right now:

HD Auricom Skin 1
HD Qirex Skin 2
HD Harimau Skin 2
HD Triakis Skin 3

Dan Locke
10th January 2010, 09:58 PM
I disagree; in Wipeout 3, the speed differences are very great and very noticeable. Most of the record times are held by Icaras in all classes and on all tracks. There are few instances where the first four ships have any chance at all, and the records indicate that that it is usually only Assegai that sometimes beats Icaras and only on the tightest tracks like Manortop. Some people complain that this is one of the few failings of WO3, but the game is still my co-favourite with WO2.
I should clarify: it feels a lot faster. It's much more exciting to speed through Altima VII in an Auricom than it is in the AG-Systems ship; by contrast, the ship speeds feel much more similar in the later games.

afuroKy
10th January 2010, 11:31 PM
Before Wipeout 3 I didn't really care. Wipeout was a whole new thing.
Then I became a fan of the Auricom ship design.
I didnt play Wipeout Fusion, Pure and Pulse so there might be some teams I don't know.

Now Im back in the Wipeout universe and Auricom have definitely become my favorite. Speed, inertia and a badass design (who said american? :g). I just love Auricom HD skin 2, then Auricom F.

Man my dream car is the Corvette ... there's some kind of link isn't it :)

FEISAR is too serious on the handling, I want speed! Thrust or top speed!
And Assegai ... well, I feel nothing when I play it.

Lance
11th January 2010, 12:36 AM
Icaras feels much the fastest to me as well as actually being much the fastest. It is not very agile, and that just increases the on the edge feeling.

OneAVGNFan
11th January 2010, 01:52 AM
1. Piranha A. because it's a speed demon, great design, some of the best logos, name fits team's speed and because of my nostalgia for it

2. Eg-r and Xios Inter/Eg-x Tech because to me,they seemed to be the otther good teams of Fusion, excellent stats, and impressive Super Weapons (But I always pick Eg-r over Xios). As for the merged Eg-x in HD, they seemed to be one of the most balanced teams, especially for Sebenco Climb or Sol 2 (for me that is).

3. FEISAR because of its handling in tricky turns like that dreadfull curves at Ubermall. Plus, I am still a rookie when it comes to Phantom Class, so I might put Icaras as #3 instead in the future.

Aeroracer
11th January 2010, 03:00 PM
FEISAR cos its small and petite and my fisrt ship i flew

i also like harimu but only cos i played some player from japan who used it and really beat me hard so i used it and found out it was a really good ship

use to like the old ag systems ship but went off the new fury version

Mr Phlanj
11th January 2010, 04:21 PM
its funny how when HD first came out harimau was considerd very underdog because of how stat wise assegai was just better. but i chose harimau for one reason and one reason only, because there dead sexy :D

(tbh the most underdog when it first came out i think was mirage but yeldar and haydn soon sorted that out quick)

edit: just a quick note that i dont have a ps3 and i can't use harimau online in pulse so i use EG-X thanks to Mrs madsmartalex tips on the game.

asdfffdsa
11th January 2010, 07:04 PM
Piranha (vanilla; I don't like the expansion pack version)

1) Poor handling and acceleration makes it very challenging to use in the phantom speed.

2) Always liked the simplistic but unique look of it (but, again, NOT the expansion pack version)

ACE-FLO
11th January 2010, 07:59 PM
Phantom I normally roll with the AG-SYS fury skin, I like angry girls, that's why I chose it! :g

Rapier and below, has to be EG-X fury skin, looks like a painted turd and in my warped imagination - that's a cool work of modern art!!! :rock

OBH
14th January 2010, 09:39 AM
Because Mirage is cooler than you :) That and you still dont see all that many real pro mirage players. Nice to be relatively unique :)

I did try to get good at triakis as it was my pulse ship (and almost a completely forgotten team in HD), but its about as agile as fat people in wellies walking through the snow.

blackwiggle
14th January 2010, 11:11 AM
Between you with that bloody locust of a craft Mirage and Kigo with the Tank Triakis ,it can be a nightmare racing online.
My AG's shields drop to ziltch in no time flat with you two barging your way through.;)

Seasonreaper
14th January 2010, 01:02 PM
Chose Harimau at the start of the game because I liked the look of it and have been playing with it since, although I do occationally use Qirex and Feisar. I'd rather not use a Piranha again since Beat Zico, however ;).

reciprocal.space
15th January 2010, 05:51 PM
I choose my ships the way I choose my women. They have to look good from the back. So piranha, icaras and harimau (fury).

Only joking...cheeky for a first post.

yeldar2097
15th January 2010, 06:49 PM
Teehee, I like this chappy

Welcome to WZ :g

Lance
15th January 2010, 07:35 PM
}waits to see what our female members say{

Koleax
15th January 2010, 08:34 PM
All three of them? :P

Lance
15th January 2010, 09:54 PM
There are more than that.

Cyberio
16th January 2010, 12:29 PM
I recognize that i prefer to use the veteran very first teams: Qirex, Feisar, Ag-Systems and Auricom, which this last team i use more now. Maybe for remember times, but i still love them.

AspenExcel
18th January 2010, 12:58 PM
I tend to go between vehicles because I just start getting bored if I race with one for too long. I started out faithfully using AG-Systems because of it's nice handling, and great acceleration, but I discovered Icaras and really loved it's speed and power and actually got the loyalty up to 100k. Lately, though, I've been racing with Feisar because I love how it handles; I just wish it were faster. :rolleyes:

SolidSnake_gr
21st January 2010, 10:24 AM
i started the game with assegai (i used it in wo pure) but recently i switched to AG systems cause it handles very well and has perfect acceleration.

YoshiXL
22nd January 2010, 03:55 PM
I know my little icon there is an Auricom one, that was my fave in XL but i have to say i fell in love with Goteki 45. Something about the style and colours that just fits right in with me. Don't really have any other real reason for choosing this team other than that haha.

ksc6000
11th March 2010, 08:40 PM
The Goteki 45 feels right to me. It responds exactly the way I want it to. It's just too slow :(

MiguelX69
17th March 2010, 10:39 PM
I like Qirex and AG-Systems. AG is for me the best one, but I also tend to like Qirex for it's sound. For adrenaline call qirex-rd. =D

ACE-FLO
18th March 2010, 02:59 PM
I use AG-S just for their cheerleaders. Mmmmmm. :g

You too? :lol Yeah man, they're well fit. Especially when they sing "What can you get for 10 dollar? Anything you waaan!" :D:rock

il_mago_di_Doz
30th March 2010, 11:04 PM
Assegai hd -> ag-sys hd -> harimau fury -> feisar fury.

I change ship when I notice that I am faster with another team. This only happened three times since I play :lol

WolfKill01
31st March 2010, 12:29 AM
it usually depends on the game. but probably my favorite team in terms of style is a tie between goteki and icaras (wipeout 3 fan here :) ). but i've been flying with triakis alot lately

Kyonshi
31st March 2010, 02:20 AM
I've been a long time disciple of Feisar since wipE'out''. I always said that perfect control brings on the true top speed and ultimately, the victory. And now with Fury Feisar, things just got better than perfect :D

I also flirted a lot with Auricom and Harimau. I always loved the handiful balance of Harimau. I also like the Auricom for the good balance between Top Speed and Shield, without being too heavy like Triakis or Piranha, or too fragile like Icaras. Also, almost nobody likes Auricom and its highly under-rated. But surprising the over-used AG-Systems and Icaras with my Auricom is always a real pleasure. ;)

Dan Locke
31st March 2010, 03:49 AM
I like the Auricom.

Woopzilla
31st March 2010, 09:02 AM
I first started using Piranha for the entire campaign because of how it kicked ass in 2097. ;)

But then I saw how Goteki 45 looked when barrel rolling. At a first glance I thought the rest of the ship was rotating around the cockpit (without the cockpit rotating itself)... that made me switch over. The 2nd colour scheme was the best as well, white with pink/yellow.

After a long time with G45 I started using AG-SYS for a change. I started smashing all my previous records and thought: "No wonder everyone's lost their individuality and only use Icaras/AG-SYS! This ship rocks!" :g I'm now one with the many, many other boring AG-SYS flyers. I used to take pride in being the only G45 HD ship user in an online race and doing well. :lol

But I don't really mean the stuff about individuality... it's just sort of odd flying in a room with everyone being AG-SYS or Icaras. :g

Connavar
31st March 2010, 10:21 AM
Woopzilla, the reason you beat your records was more due to your greater
experience with the game. I don't think it has anything to do with the ship,
unless of course, if you were hitting all the walls with the G-45.

I've seen great performances from top players using about any kind of ships,
maybe not many Triakis, but everything else yes.

Right now I'm using 70ish control ships: Icaras - Goteki - EG-X.

IH8YOU
31st March 2010, 11:17 AM
Connavar - Mission Accepted. April is going to be "Fly a Triaki" month for me. ;)

Woopzilla
31st March 2010, 12:03 PM
Yea, I suppose I have improved a lot... and I only got more serious at improving after switching to a highly regarded ship.

I did hold the Rank 2 for Single Race on Modesto R with a Triakis+ for a while... but since beaten my own record with an Icaras. ;)

Triakis month... sounds good. :+ It reminds me of one game where everyone changed to Feisar. It was funny to see a whole lobby full of them.

Connavar
31st March 2010, 01:13 PM
IH8YOU + Woopzilla: :D

I think it would be super fun to have online races with only 1 type of ship,
like a room full of Icaras, or full of ... Triakis, etc.

I would love an Icaras only room, no more penalty for low shield and low accel,
and there would be many casualties too!

Woopzilla
31st March 2010, 04:33 PM
Maybe it's an idea for a one-time fun event. :D One race all EG-X, next Assegai, etc...

Just tried using Triakis online and have to say I'm so not used to the ship anymore after using AG-SYS. It's a flying brick! :g (but very fast on easy tracks ;))

EDIT: I think I like the handling of the HD Triakis more. ^^

IH8YOU
1st April 2010, 10:34 AM
Those rooms are fun - Vinnymonster hosts "same ship" rooms a lot, and they can be a real hoot - because he randomly asks someone to choose the next ship.

I always choose the ships people DONT want to fly. :lol

KIGO1987
4th April 2010, 10:50 AM
oh yeah, LOL XD

Crazy funny pom :p

F.E.I.S.A.R
4th April 2010, 02:03 PM
I always choose the ships people DONT want to fly. :lol
I saw you online before.You seem to like the Triakis Team.....
I chose Federal European Industries Science And Research as I feel that is my "affinity" team,and my online name is that because of so.

IDReaper
4th April 2010, 02:51 PM
I think that after a long time of playing that I am really more of an 'omni racer'. I have a standard goto when I can get into the feel for the ships with stat extremes which is Mirage. But it isn't used quite enough to be considered my main and I am usually running a new ship every time I make a return to the game. Feeling good with Auricom HD at the moment.

F.E.I.S.A.R
4th April 2010, 03:08 PM
Some ships have a total stat of 33(FEISAR,AG-Systems),32(Mirage)and 31(Piranha,Triakis)

OBH
8th April 2010, 08:24 AM
i didnt know that.
Well, its not going to deter me from my fish :)

funny how earlier this post i was saying i wouldnt be swayed away from mirage.

Connavar
8th April 2010, 10:30 AM
Don't forget about the hidden stats!

OBH
8th April 2010, 02:54 PM
what stats are those?? They're so well hidden i forgot them :)

Dan Locke
8th April 2010, 06:06 PM
They're in the game's code, but they aren't actually displayed. Things like weight distribution and axial stability.

IH8YOU
9th April 2010, 12:21 AM
Sex Appeal makes HD Harimau a sweet ride.

I like lower stats anyhow. Seriously. :eek

yeldar2097
9th April 2010, 01:03 AM
Why does that make me think about the "kill one, marry one, f**k
one" game?

I'd marry Harimau in a heartbeat, she's buff and even after all this time she still does it for me :nod

I'd probably have my with EG-X (excluding her furious and unattractive twin sister), good for a bit of fun from time to time.

I can see Auricom being really cool and muscular with his sunglasses in the corner. He's ruining my game and making me nervous in front of the laydeez, he's gotta go.

Ok what? :g

Chill
9th April 2010, 02:46 AM
I'd also like to mention ANOTHER similarity I have with the Icaras... I had a dream once about the Icaras having a unigue shape, the perfect shape that gives it the most speed among others... and that this shape was called the "Key" to speed... and had a fascination with the Slogan for a while for the Icaras even before the fan art came out of the picture of a half Icaras, half key on Wipeout Pure... I bit of a qawinkadink, wouldn't ya think?! ;)

gordo1974
3rd September 2010, 01:17 PM
Why does that make me think about the "kill one, marry one, f**k
one" game?

I'd marry Harimau in a heartbeat, she's buff and even after all this time she still does it for me :nod

I'd probably have my with EG-X (excluding her furious and unattractive twin sister), good for a bit of fun from time to time.

I can see Auricom being really cool and muscular with his sunglasses in the corner. He's ruining my game and making me nervous in front of the laydeez, he's gotta go.

Ok what? :g

Kill one:
Mirage. For some reason (in Elite Campaign) it was always mirage screwing me up with a bomb or a bump. Hate seeing it's fat ass.
(I do, however, like being in it's fat ass when racing single race, I think that means I'm confused)

Marry one:
Furymau:g
Looks mighty fine, real comfortable to be with, and you wouldn't mind your mates having an oggle

F**k one:
Assegai, small nimble, can get into any position, and a fair amount of mistique behind those blue panels:twisted

Whizawk
3rd September 2010, 01:20 PM
Kill One:
AG-Sissys. I completely hated this ship from the beginning. The the ship gives me a sense of feeling that they're so perfect and nothing can overcome them (because they founded the racing and it's a well balanced ship)

Marry One:
Auricom as I've raced with them from the previous games; the team I'm most used to and familiar with as well.

F**K One:
Err...I have no idea probably EG-X - lol. Because of the elegancy.

Nutcase:259
3rd September 2010, 02:19 PM
EDIT:Change of heart ;)

Seeing as i suck in the majority of the ships i go for Harimau or AG SYS.:g

probably leaning toward Harimau right now.

(Slightly off topic) I Notice a lack of Harimau apreciation group. this shall be sorted:D
And now has been sorted with the founding of the Harimau group :lol

EDIT (again) Also forgot about my dislike for Icarus, that little pink and red 'thing' is everywhere. really annoying how that little ship (read another word begining with s :twisted) can smash you off track.

Aeroracer
3rd September 2010, 06:55 PM
i like all teams apart from mirage who i dont like cos the ship is way to fat and hard to pass on the track.mirage is the HGV of wipeout.should have its own lane on the track :nod

SaturnReturn
3rd September 2010, 07:03 PM
Let's try and expand our vocabularies a bit here. Mirage isn't fat. It is kind of bulbous, but if anything I'm sure that's just some kind of glandular issue.;)

3rd September 2010, 07:06 PM
its certainly an odd one. cause those flappy things are thin, but also quite on the big boned side as they say. on the plus side the cabin or cockpit reminds me of Guy Manuel de Homem Hhristo's (mouthfull) space man helmet :g
the fury ones not as *looks up thesaurus for fat* whalelike? haha

IndoorSnowStorm
4th September 2010, 01:48 AM
My favorites: (I'm always indecisive about the ships other than EG-X)

1. EG-X - Oh my god I absolutely love this thing! It's like Assegai to the extreme! Everything about it is perfect! I just don't like the zone battle skin a lot though.

2. Assegai - The one closest to EG-X, 'nuff said.

3. Auricom - Not many people like it, but it makes me feel good inside when I pull off a win in one online.

4. Mirage - I just love it for it's looks, especially it's third HD skin with the silver.

5. Harimau - Whenever I win a race, I feel like I've saved the planet, and the tiger population.

6. Goteki - In thrust I trust. The other reason I like it is that it is from Hawaii. But if Hawaii is a U.S. State, wouldn't that make it part of Auricom?

7. AG-Systems - It has the perfect combo of stats, but since almost everyone uses it, I don't like it.

8. Triakis - The Fury variation is a real threat on the track, but the HD one is really lacking.

9. Feisar - It's stats are terrible, but the only reason it's this high on the list is because the Fury version looks cool.

10. Pirahna - It has great speed and shield, but you need to keep straight to get a good lead. I want to love this ship, but I can't because I'm strangely attracted to the side of the track.

11. Quirex - My brother likes it, so that means I automatically hate it.

12. Icaras - It's pink. I mean no offense to anyone who likes the color, but it doesn't seem as much as a threat as if it were red or something. Plus it has low shield, and as stated before, I like to eat the walls. I'm kinda jealous of the people who always win with the craft.

Chet_BG
4th September 2010, 08:07 AM
When I first started the game I tried all ships in speed lap and I liked the handling of the heavy ones more. Goteki 45, Auricom and Qirex were my favorites.
1. Goteki felt best and I also liked the look and the color scheme. So I started playing Goteki and not long after that I fell in love with it. I love the thrust. Getting a head start, going for the weapon pads and spamming mines and bombs FTW! :D But it's way too slow... Difficult to keep the lead, difficult to catch up if you're behind. Especially with all the players using Icaras. So I had to try another team.
2. Harimau. I use it at the moment. I'm still just testing it. At first I didn't like the handling. It was too much compared with Goteki. Once I got used to it it's awesome. Good speed and good handling. Probably the best craft in the game, because it's so well balanced. I don't like the color scheme, though. Not that I don't like orange, but the shade they chose sucks. I use the chrome skin. Other than that the design is good. But I miss the thrust. And the awesome feeling of the heavier Goteki. And every time I see a Goteki on the track I'm like "Oooww! That's MY ship!"
So maybe I'll switch back to Goteki soon.
3. Icaras. No, I don't like it. It's overpowered IMO. I often play with a friend of mine and one time we were playing Vineta K. I was using Goteki. I got the lead and went for the weapon pads to spam bombs and mines, but I got a Turbo and I had to save for the end. So he got a missile, hit me and took the lead. After that I got 2 perfect laps and I watched him in front of me hitting every other wall, but I couldn't catch up. I don't know if Goteki's too slow or Icaras too fast, but I don't like it. I like only the third HD skin. The pink with white. Looks like a dart xD

P.S. Respect to all the great players using Goteki 45 at the high level. SaturnReturn, Hellfire, leungbok, Darkdrium77 and woopzilla I think. Thank you for making that awesome team look even more awesome ;)

Challenger #001
6th September 2010, 09:00 PM
I personally don't really get the Furymau. It's too floppy and light for my liking, I prefer ships with a little bit more heaviness to them. Assegai is the main ship I'll use if I need something lightweight mostly because everyone else uses something different.

My preferred ship is the Qirex partially out of loyalty to it - it was the ship I started with and I loved the 2nd and 3rd paint jobs. I flirted with Mirage and Auricom until I learnt about the fluff behind the Cold War (Auri/Qirex) and decided to stick with the devil I knew. Plus, I kinda like the twitchy handling. Gets me out of difficulties quicker. That said, Auricom's not a bad ship on the open tracks. Closed off though it becomes a nightmare.

Personally, I want to see Van-Uber make a come back. Even if it's only an excuse to have the black-hole cannon back. :D

Going with yeldar's posting idea...

Marry: Qirex - The childhood sweetheart who went through a long period of being the bad girl and getting Tigron tattoos, now willing to settle down and be a good bad girl. Hopefully with latex and whips once a month. ;3

F**k: Assegai - There when you need her, and bloody quick as well, able to deal with almost anything you throw at her. And unique as well.

Kill: Icaras - so predictable nowadays, and not that good in my books. The pompous strutting-about Chelsea girl isn't my thing. Reminds me too much of Destiny from Mongrels (obscure TV show reference)

Dark_Phantom_89
6th September 2010, 09:08 PM
Oi, what's all this badmouthing about my baby? She's not fat, just big-boned 8) Anyway, I'll join in with the game:

Marry: Mirage. Ahh, the love of my life in WipEout - 56,000 laps with her and still going strong. She does it for me every time on the track and fits my driving style perfectly - no other ship comes close.

Kill: EG-X. I avoid it like the plague. Horrible handling, horrible design, horrible everything. I steer with it and actually think "is it turning?" Piranha's better at turning it feels like sometimes!

F***: I'd have a nice time with Harimau. If there was any ship that could even come close to tempting me away from my Mirage, it would be this. A very good ship in every respect.

SaturnReturn
6th September 2010, 09:13 PM
Mongrels was hilarious. 10 points for Challenger. :D But I'm on a big Icaras kick at the moment and loving it. So -10 points for Challenger for insulting it by comparing it to Destiny. Back to a nice neutral zero for you.:P (Although maybe a half point for imagination, because comparing an anti-gravity racing craft to an afghan hound puppet sure takes some :o).

Challenger #001
8th September 2010, 08:11 AM
XD Glad I'm not alone in the world. Shame I didn't really get any points. I might have found out what I could do with them. :frown:

How about also Kali = Triakis? Bunch of arrogant psychopathic lunatics who can't fly for toffee.

SaturnReturn
8th September 2010, 07:00 PM
Well I wouldn't go that far. But Triakis is pretty hefty, and does sometimes feel like it's barely getting off the ground.

Points have a monetary value of 0.0001p, and expire as soon as you receive them.:P

Anyway, we should probably continue with the topic now, or I'll get in trouble.;)

Challenger #001
9th September 2010, 10:40 AM
Somewhat on topic - I always meant to ask Rob this but I know he's really busy.

Were the initial four teams based on real life F1 teams?

Auricom are the purists, the ones who want race taken back to its' roots and kept for the sheer thrill of the race. They are Williams F1.

Qirex are the super-successful team that's driven by money to win at all costs, uncluding team orders and cheating. They are Scuderia Ferrari.

AG-Systems are not frontrunners of the sport, given that they have a bit of lack of direction and are too keen to try out more technical advancements than stick with a winning formula. They are the old Lotus F1 and more recently McLaren.

Feisar are a knee-jerk reaction to another team being set up that have good pilots but seem to never get quite the results they get - usually a beginner's choice. They are Sauber.

Thoughts?

13th September 2010, 01:21 PM
I al ways think of AG Systems as the Ferrari of WipEout. my only justification is that they have the same sort of history. IE being in it sinse the begining. and also the lack of direction, IE Ferrari in the 1970's (ish) to about 1994-5

its this thats why i like AG SYS.
and there red, like ferrari, although in old games AG SYS was blue? (however Ferrari ran a blue coloured car too at some stage. in like 1949 or something for Fangio :g)

as for this "including team orders and cheating" Shhhhhhhhhh :lol

Kyonshi
13th September 2010, 05:25 PM
Mirage ain't fat, it's just compact! Auricom is fat, Triakis is fat! :D This said, i always liked Auricom's fatness anyway.

Now here's my three choices!

Marry: Feisar is always the most reliable one for me. When i feel i'm losing consistency with other ships, i go back to Feisar and that's always the best decision i make. Its simply a magic charm, i can't explain the awesomeness of this ship, but what the hell, it works perfectly for me. I also think that the Fury version is the most beautiful design of all. Sleek and perfectly balanced lines.

Kill: Piranha. Holy Mary Mother of God this ship is awful to me. And what the ***ing hell is this Fury design?!? It looks like the layered nose is going to be ripped apart at high speeds. At least the HD version and this cool missile-shaped design. I can fly heavy-weight ships like Auricom, Goteki 45 and Icaras. But Piranha? All my attempts were doomed to failure. Does this ship actually turns or you have to get out and turn it yourself? It doesn't handle like a brick but like a lead ingot!

F***: I would actually have Fury Mirage for an extremely long-term booty call situation. In fact it would be my secret lover. I had a hard time deciding between this and Feisar to marry.:P Hell, i could do a nice threesome with those two... xD

I think this ship is the most technically pro-efficient of the game, making it the best of all. If you think about it actually, it is. The amount of Top Speed and Thrust is very respectable. The 80 Handling is the perfect balance, not to twitchy to keep control and quick enough to navigate through multiple hazards efficiently. Finally, the improved Shield to 90 is a blessing, giving plenty of BR opportunity while preserving a certain durability against weapons.

If i would divorce from Feisar i would probably go with Fury Mirage!:D:+

IndoorSnowStorm
13th September 2010, 11:11 PM
You know, I kinda like the marry, f**k, and kill idea, so here's my new list.

Marry: I am always faithful to EG-X. It was the first ship I've ever used, and I fell in love. She mostly dominates the track, and like a good wife, she never sticks around with the Icaras pansies. She's the tough girl that doesn't get bullied, and can stand up for herself.

F**ck: I would have to go with Auricom. When you lose interest in your lover, you need something to spice up your life, and for me it's Auricom. She always has my back, and when I have a terrible losing streak with my wife EG-X, she pulls me through with a win. She is also very agile and generous when it comes to speed. (Interpret that any way you want, perverts. :g)

Kill: You would think I would kill Icaras, due to my hate towards them, but I would actually love to kill Harimau. Like a feather, it moves pretty fast, but any opposing craft pushes it aside. Then it tries to cover up its lack of quality by saying they're trying to save the tiger population. Sure, it may bring more fans, but it doesn't help you race any better!

I find it pretty sad that I'm treating fictional hovercrafts like real people. I need to get a life. :beer

mikrucio
16th September 2010, 08:00 AM
I chose Icarus because its the fastest and I started doing phantom speed laps with it before i went online(because everyone else was).

It was probably a mistake because i blow up every 3 third race and lose.
But as a priority i still do more speed laps than online races.

Feisargal93
7th October 2010, 07:16 PM
Well, from what I can remember when I was 6 or 7... I remember I looked at all the ship choices in 2097, & I liked the Feisar's look the most. So I just always used it. ^_^' Kinda shallow of me but I WAS only 7 so.. Now I use it not just because I still love the design & my favorite color is blue, but because it feels so comfortable, so natural & perfect to use. I love you Feisar! <3

F.E.I.S.A.R
25th November 2010, 06:59 AM
The M,F,K idea seems like a good way to bring the point across.

Marry:FEISAR HD.Why?I love the 10/10 Handling stat. And I've won some races via taking the inside of turns. I've done this quite a few times on Amphiseum Forward(HD-wise)
Eff:I'd have AG-Systems and Harimau. HD. Their 9/10 handling makes them quite close to FEISAR.And they are from Asia
Kill:I'd kill Triakis.It handles like a bloody log! At least the Piranha is good for something,but having a Speed stat of 9 does not really help me in terms of racing.

Flint Fandango
25th November 2010, 06:22 PM
At the beginning, my favorite ship was Assegai. But I always felt a deep affection for Icaras...

After I experimented with many ships, I´ve to think about my actual choice. Perhaps, a better handling would be more important to me. I´ll think about it!

icarasDragon
25th November 2010, 08:17 PM
Marry: Assegai always felt like it knew me, dart like handling and good speeds always meant the pilot was the only drawback, nice one to compare your skills in 8)

F**ck: Icaras, so.... fast...., my Speed Lapper and Time Trial ship, Icaras gets the job done, and looking good too!

Kill: Auricom, why does the old Muscle car population have to be in W'O"?, unbalances the game I tell ya!, the ship it self looks like it can't handle those stats!:|

A-Tomic_Power
26th November 2010, 09:32 PM
EG-X because I gotta support the home team. I think that it also looks the best from behind due to its angular wings and huge chromed engine nozzle. It's also like Nokia: designed in Finland, made in China.

IndoorSnowStorm
27th November 2010, 05:21 PM
Ya know, I've just given up all hope. I can't decide on my favorite team for my life. One day I will be racing with Mirage, then the next day I'll be racing with AG-Systems, and so on. Every ship has just one little thing that I love so much, except for Qirex. That's the only team I will probably never like. :g

Richochet
27th November 2010, 07:59 PM
EG.X because I'm chinese and the team was a merger between Xios and EG.r

DjM1zw1z
28th November 2010, 07:27 AM
Harimau on faster classes due to its all round stats and it looks like a sexy bitch, on flash and venom, Icaras because the only thing what lets you down there are the shield, on low speeds you need'nt care about handling or thrust.8)

erich123
28th November 2010, 07:47 AM
Feisar,icaras and harimau.
Feisar-phantom
Harimau-Rapier
Icaras-Flash and venom.

F.E.I.S.A.R
28th November 2010, 08:08 AM
I'm thinking which should be why you choose your favourite ship: Nationality,Looks or Stats.
I like FEISAR because the 10/10 handling helps especially in taking tighter turns.I'm Singaporean,but I mainly use FEISAR. Though some times I do use Harimau.

yeldar2097
28th November 2010, 01:03 PM
I'm dutch and Harimau is orange ^_^

Oh wait...I use the silver one.

Now I remember, it's because Fury made it way too good :g

SaturnReturn
28th November 2010, 10:49 PM
I'm Dutch and colourblind, so I use big orange Goteki, or cute orange Icaras, or nimble orange AG-Systems. It's all orange to me, and no-one else can prove otherwise. In your face you bunch of hairy normal-sighted chumps!!! :g

jeegee
29th November 2010, 08:11 PM
I used to be a big Auricom fan in 2097/wip3out/fusion/pure/pulse, but on HD i have been mainly using Pirhana (as it was pre-requesite to get beat Zico ((kudos to Zico))), AG-Systems (its a good all rounder) and Icaras (Fast).

Rennfisch
4th December 2010, 07:40 PM
The first time I was flying piranha was in WO 2097, my boyfriend played on PC. Just a few times, but ist was the beginning of a great love.
Now I was buying my PS3 a few weeks ago and I tested the other ships as well, but the only one I really prefer is my piranha. It has a great shield (very important) and it is very fast. Well, it is controllable like jelly, but it doesn't matter. Because I'm not such a good pilot, I practice a lot and try to get better.

hunterx848
23rd June 2011, 02:19 AM
i use piranha mostly of the look and its futuristic symbol of that fish (seen in pure) with the word "hungry" on it
also with that ship i know how long i had to steer to fly through the tracks without scratching the walls
i dont like the fury edition of that team because its way too clumsy for me... also the symbols on the fury ship are looking like halloween cucurbitas
i didnt really worry about the statistic of the ship when i chose it xD

4tonmantis
23rd June 2011, 12:00 PM
i like the background story for harimau with the tiger repopulating and bio fuel eco friendlyishness, also i dont see alot of harimaus online or at higher ranks in SL on alot of tracks(mostly icaras and some feisars), i kinda take joy in piloting an underrated ship and putting up good times with it...plus the black/yellow skin is my fav hands down, also gotekis all yellow is very nice to:nod

leungbok
23rd June 2011, 01:32 PM
also i dont see alot of harimaus online or at higher ranks in SL on alot of tracks(mostly icaras and some feisars)
Except Yeldar with some SL WR on various tracks ! ;)

Screature
23rd June 2011, 01:33 PM
I've always been a fan of the average racers/vehicles. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Mirage fan! :g

Boycey83
23rd June 2011, 03:26 PM
Harimau just feels perfect. All the ships look swanky as hell, but my favourite will always be the Fury Zone Battle version. It's only weakness is that cause of it's small size and not great shield, it can get seriously bullied by the other ships!

Interlewd
23rd June 2011, 04:14 PM
I don't really have much of a reason for liking AG Systems, other than I like how the ships look and the way they control.

FirstDave
23rd June 2011, 05:18 PM
AG sys for me too. Dunno why really i just seem to get better results with it over the others but in saying that i used a Goteki 45 the other day and it is so different yet the results were pretty much on par with the AG so i reckon most of the time its just a psychological thing with ship preference.

Dave.:D

Medusa
24th June 2011, 05:56 AM
AG SYS for me since:

1 - they've been there since the beginning
2 - Let's Be Friends! Remember when wipEout was more friendliness along with competition
3 - it can fly circles around bombs and pylon AIs

XR_GTR
24th June 2011, 08:14 AM
I currently fly Icaras. It's fast.

And it's funny winning Eliminator events with it. I mean, come on, Plasma Bolts cripple you no matter if you fly Triakis or Icaras, so why delay the inevitable?

trackripper
24th June 2011, 07:14 PM
I used to be loyal to FEISAR in Pure, but ever since I realised their speed just wasn't enough to keep up with competition in HD/Fury, I've switched to Qirex and Assegai for aggressive games like Eliminator and Harimau for calmer races due to the lower shield... Although I do have to admit that the sensitive handling does get a bit much on the more gentle long sweeping corners, so for now, I'm still searching for the ship that does it for me. Was impressed by Goteki 45 and EG-X's ships though, Mirage's too if it wasn't for the hideous design, although the Fury ship is a bit better...

james1976
31st October 2011, 06:25 PM
I like Fiesar the most. Body style and the way it handles. I'm still new to the WipEout series though.

Oryx Crake
31st October 2011, 11:30 PM
Used to be harimau for the speed and agility. (icaras for time trials) nowadays I use Mirage for the stability and how it really isnt bad in anything. mostly for how well it sits on the track though, theres no drama. oh and in tt I sometimes switch to feisar for it's ability to get out of a corner conserving most of the speed it entered with. feisar is all about precision.

Xpand
1st November 2011, 12:19 AM
In other WOs I use Feisar, but in HD I find it uncontrolable and so I use AG-S. You won't see me on-line or breaking my personal records with any other ship...

SoA_Booney
1st November 2011, 12:26 AM
Im a big AG-S fan, just for the chance to get first place early on through its acceleration and then help control the race if i reach the first weapon pad. It looks pretty nice too and for me it handles pretty nicely.
But Icaras for TT and SL for obvious reasons.
And Phantom is normally fiesar or harimau for handling, depending on the track really. (straighter, moa, talons - harimau) (seb,cp,amp - fiesar) xD

Xpand
1st November 2011, 12:39 AM
Sorry for being off topic, but I've seen quite a few people saying FIESAR. It's not Fiesar, it's F-E-I-S-A-R. :nod

james1976
1st November 2011, 01:53 PM
I've never been accused of being a great speller or typist.

MrSmadSmartAlex
1st November 2011, 05:37 PM
I really wanted to use my beloved EG-X like I do on Pulse, but SL must have realised how much it destroys all, and gimped it (or it just doesn't suit the physics of HD, perhaps). :mad:
So I use Qirex Fury for all modes, just because I don't really get on with the feel of any other ships I've tried so far (haven't put the hours in to try everything in the game yet; far too many other games to play! :D).

leungbok
1st November 2011, 05:45 PM
HD EG-X is better than fury version ! ;)

MrSmadSmartAlex
1st November 2011, 07:23 PM
They were both pretty disappointing IMO. But yeah, something wierd's going on with the camera on the EG-X Fury, as with most Fury ships I've tried (especially Icaras), and it makes the handling feel all messed up. Qirex Fury seems fine for some reason, though (I hate the feel of the HD Qirex).

Frailavi
1st November 2011, 09:50 PM
Although I think I race the best with FEISAR Fury and I enjoy racing Harimau Fury the most, I'm still loyal to my Assegai HD skin 3. If only for the reason that I like the panda thing on the back. Keeps me calm after I run into mines and bombs.

Granpire Viking Man
2nd November 2011, 01:42 PM
Originally, I had used EG-X for its great balance of thrust and speed, and when I attained full loyalty and could not get past Phantom Speed Chengou Project, I switched to AG Systems.
Mostly for the handling, since Feisar was, I found, too sensitive, and even when I became accustomed to it, the ship couldn't keep up with the others.

D_1998_BR
2nd November 2011, 08:15 PM
Started with Assegai like most players here,but i recently moved on to EG-X.

It matches my gameplay style for 4 reasons:

1.Starts quickly and gets weapon pads first
2.Quickly achieves it's balanced top speed
3.Not-so-good handling helps me in cornering since I don't crash in the inside wall
4.:turd shield makes it fairly balanced

Barefoot-X
2nd November 2011, 09:52 PM
Because i like the color purple... and that's pretty much it. :rock

FirstDave
3rd November 2011, 06:18 PM
AG-SYS cos i like how it handles and automatically select it.Guess i,m just a creature of habit.:|

Dave.

Hoooof
7th October 2012, 12:14 PM
I like Assegai because of the way she says "Assegai" when you select the ship.

UB3R~JKP
7th October 2012, 03:32 PM
I totally adore everything Feisar...

and Blue and Yellow colour schemes.

scarfrogers
8th October 2012, 10:49 AM
I use Icaras because I like to think I am Icarus from the Greek Myth who has wings made of feathers and wax and gets too close to the sun...especially on Sol 2....

Nosamp
8th October 2012, 12:24 PM
Feisar as I like the colour scheme and icons, plus it's pretty forgiving (good for my skillset!)

dreadofmondays
8th October 2012, 11:12 PM
I love Icaras because it's so nice to fly~.. and also Barnston Burns is fantastic. :>

username
9th October 2012, 01:11 AM
I always use Qirex. I like the handling of the ship - it feels dense and well built.
I can use most other ships, but I refuse to use the Fury style ships, or Mirage as I think they look disgusting.

Dusk118
9th October 2012, 05:54 AM
I chose EG-X because it looks cool. c:

P.S.: I built my skills around it, so I'm damn good at using it, too.

AGSys
9th October 2012, 06:10 AM
I chose Feisar at first purely based on it's handling performance and design, but then I experimented with Qirex which I liked for a bit. But that's when I tried out AG Systems, and I instantly fell in love with every aspect of it. AG Systems for life! Oh and also because my real name's initials are AG. I'd like to think I'm pretty pro at it, I've stuck with it for a long LONG time now; ever since I started playing my first WipEout game in fact which was WipEout 64.

Dimension
11th November 2012, 10:52 PM
I'm using the Fury Qirex at the moment, but I'm edging towards the Icaras after a few tests say it handles some of my fav. courses very nicely. I didn't know about the hidden stat stuff Hellfire_WZ put in his videos so maybe I'll give some of the HD ships a crack again, see what results I can get out of them if they're not really THAT inferior. :)

keg_11
12th November 2012, 06:45 AM
I actually started piloting with AG Systems, and had a likeliness of them, through HD. Before them, I was piloting Triakis (local pride, I guess), but then I tried AG-S due to its easy handling and decent speed. I've tried piloting the other craft, but I've always come back. It's just my style of racing. :)

MyNameIsBom
22nd November 2012, 10:57 AM
I've played all versions of each ship (HD & Fury), I'd say either Fury Goteki, Fury Feisar and HD Qirex seems "right" to me. I have this thing for ships with handling and lightweight.
I don't mind piloting some other ships but they feel odd to pilot somehow, I can't really describe it :/

wynaut
28th November 2012, 08:30 PM
In Wipeout 3 I loved Icaras for its blinding speed and heavy handling, oddly the HD equivalent stat-wise is Piranha which is my least favourite team. I do like Icaras in HD though despite the different stats. My favourite in HD is Feisar because of how responsive its handling is. Despite it being slower than most other teams, I find myself far in first place whenever I pilot one. Feisar also looks awesome in my opinion, especially the second skin on the original HD model. I also like EG-X quite a lot although I'm not sure why because it handles quite differently to Feisar, I guess I just like it somehow :g

Ace3000
29th November 2012, 03:54 AM
I like the handling and speed of AG Systems, also the pretty good shielding. I have used it for WipEout 1 and Pulse, opting for the Fury ship in HD Fury.

AG-SYSTEMS
1st December 2012, 10:35 PM
I prefer the Asian teams. I don't know, they feel like perfect precision machines (Asian-Style 8)).

AG-Systems > Goteki 45 though.

AG-Systems feels full of purity and responsibility. They are the team that personified the sport.

Goteki 45 feels a bit tarnished due to the events in Wip3out. So, I really don't use them.

kadath001
11th December 2012, 01:45 AM
in HD i started with Feisar, easy choise,
once i played a while i started to try the teams, and i choosed A-G Sistems,
i like the handle-speed comb that provides, but on eliminator my choise is Triakis ...always
Goteki 45 seems a good option to close-curves tracks, like Shengou-P due the grear thrust it has

terra-wrists
14th December 2012, 10:01 PM
Icaras phone me. they tell me "you must play the ICARAS for wipeout HD". So I join :D

Aeralys
15th December 2012, 12:06 AM
So I've recently taken favourites with EG-X. Mostly because the dark blue HD ship looks better than all the other ships while driving. Because of this, I've now developed an inability to use ships with a handling greater than 75. I've changed preference from Icaras to Assegai to Qirex to Harimau to EG-X and Goteki.

Based on looks my favourites are dark blue EG-X, blue harimau and chrome qirex HD.

liquid_kit
17th December 2012, 11:04 AM
Icaras for speed performance, otherwise AG-Sys, Feisar....

qazxswplmnko
3rd January 2013, 01:08 AM
Qirex forever. I just love the way it slides, and makes for some awesome looking world record gameplay...

Snake55wildcat
10th January 2013, 08:45 PM
I dont know, before I unlocked my favourite two, I used EG-X (both variants), since I adored the EG-r and Xios vehicles in Fusion, so seeing them return in HD was a great treat (HD was my next wipeout game since Fusion at the time of 2008, never got to try the PSP games until this year) but other than that? Its all Mirage (the HD one moreso) and Harimau (Fury variant moreso) for me.

I also have a liking towards AG-Systems as well (HD variant, but I like the Fury one just as much). I did a 99 speed lap session (legitimatly) on Moa Therma within the first 5 days of owning the game, without even realising it was a trophy requirement!:P

I love how these ships handle, with the Mirage handling with grace, the Harimau biting down the tight corners of the track with the savageness of a tiger (how fitting, considering their goals, and the ship's front looking like a tiger), and the EG-X having a nice balance of the two mentioned, while AG-systems is a pleasant reminder of the Wipeout's past, while still containing great promise as a team that has lasted almost as long as Feisar.

quickbeam
3rd March 2013, 01:24 AM
I've had the game for a few days now and I'm still unsure what my favorite team is. I'm really liking harimau and assegai as well as the occasional ag systems run. I just tried goteki earlier this morning though and beat some of my time trial records very easily. Didn't think I'd be able to handle a tank like goteki on the higher speed classes but due to that massive thrust stat it's probably more forgiving of mistakes than any of the other craft I've tried.

Also, I just got back from Hawaii a couple days ago, so there you go. :D

quickbeam
8th March 2013, 06:08 PM
Ok scratch that. HD qirex all the way :)

AquaAura
31st March 2013, 06:57 PM
Icaras, Goteki, Assegai and occasionally Feisar.

Not much reason at all... I am used to all of them (except Feisar).

aka_dutch
25th April 2013, 01:44 PM
I started with Feisar because I generally like precision handling but as I got used to the speed of the game and the tracks themselves I've been using Auricom and Goteki a lot more. Auricom for speed and because, well, 'murica :rock. Goteki because dat thrust.

quickbeam
18th June 2013, 11:23 PM
Man, I feel like I've flip-flopped all over the place...

Anyway, after my Qirex obsession ended, I took to AG Systems for about a month because it was the only team I could consistently use to pilot on Rapier and Phantom without crashing all over the place. More recently, I have really taken to Mirage HD, which just handles like a DREAM!! So, right now, in order of frequency of use, I fly:

1. Mirage HD
2. AG Systems HD
3. AG Systems Fury
4. Qirex Fury
5. Qirex HD
6. Sporadic usage of Harimau, Assegai, and Auricom

I know I REALLY don't like:

1. Triakis
2. Piranha
3. EGX

I really want to like EGX, but I just can't pilot the damn thing properly. I feel like I'm using airbrakes so heavily in order to navigate the corners that I'm probably losing more speed than I'm gaining with the high speed and thrust combination. Maybe I'll become enlightened or something if I learn to pilot this beast...

AquaAura
19th June 2013, 03:42 PM
Well screw what I said above. Feisar is NOT my ship. I do NOT use it for races, only occasionally Eliminator.

Icaras, Assegai, Goteki 45, Harimau (a bit), eeerrrr... I've yet to actually try EG-X, Mirage (yeah yeah so good isn't it... LOOK AT THE BLOODY THING) and Auricom and such.

Dislike/Hate: Triakis, AG Systems (twitch twitch twitchy twitch.. Although yet to try it fully), Qirex. Qirex refuses to DO A BARREL ROLL. And it's sooooo heavy.

quickbeam
19th June 2013, 08:57 PM
Well screw what I said above. Feisar is NOT my ship. I do NOT use it for races, only occasionally Eliminator.

Icaras, Assegai, Goteki 45, Harimau (a bit), eeerrrr... I've yet to actually try EG-X, Mirage (yeah yeah so good isn't it... LOOK AT THE BLOODY THING) and Auricom and such.

Dislike/Hate: Triakis, AG Systems (twitch twitch twitchy twitch.. Although yet to try it fully), Qirex. Qirex refuses to DO A BARREL ROLL. And it's sooooo heavy.

Hey, Mirage is cute!! It's like a little bug, or a crab.

AquaAura
20th June 2013, 06:52 PM
Isn't it meant to look like a scarab or a mantis or something?

Also I was really talking more about the HD version... Fury one looks alright.

Cipher
21st August 2013, 01:37 AM
Harimau cuz it's sexxyyyyy!!! :D

(that is in fact how i chose my ship and why it still is to this date :D)

Cipher

Knux_Chaotix
21st August 2013, 02:29 AM
I used to use AG-Systems Fury ship, my only real reason for that was because I had pretty much always used AG-S in the previous Wipeput games I had played. I changed it up to my Goteki 45 Fury after I had used it just to grab a Trophy, fell in love with the way it handled and found I kept my track lines far better in it, that and he could take more of a beating from the weapons on the track. I'm an aggressive racer to say the least, I LOVE my weapons and causing chaos whenevr I have the oppertunity, and after I looked more into team Goteki 45's back story, I decided he was the PERFECT ship for me :P

Cipher
21st August 2013, 03:35 AM
^heh, there's ships i haven't even flown once, it's sad actually, you'd think one would test them out at least once :p
maybe i'll do just that, have a fly in all of em ^^

even if i find a better one though, i'll stick to my Harimau :D

Cipher

Snake1405
25th August 2013, 10:24 PM
AG Systems, because it has a dynamic handling, a good acceleration and nice durability ;)

The model and colour is something that I like too :g

marpet0805
29th August 2013, 06:28 PM
Piranha has been my favorite since it appeard in the one of the old WipEout. i like its speed, if i can handle the speed then i can handle the handling too. And i like the way it looks like, it looks like a boat. I am kind of familar to the team Piranha. And i love the speed of sound ;) And its back story means nothing to me.

Feisar was my standard but after i while i was thinking of its look and stats

Trakis looks more like military-ish because of its camouflage but i liked it a bit but its still ok

Icaras...it feels like its piranhas sister or something compared to the stats but the style looks more for girls so its off for me

Ag-Sys was a little bit slow for me but its handling and its acceleration is really damn good

Auricoms style look perfect and good like USA flag, its stats is ok

Qirexs ship is good but i have played 2048 alot so i use qirex most of all for combat events because i get the feeling about that the qirex ship is a fighting ship and not so good at races.

Mirage, i agree. it looks cute. it looks like a bug/scarab to me.

goteki 42. they arent my part at all. i have never liked it. dont ask me why.

harimau its good but for me it reminds me of ag-sys a bit and its stats dosent relly fit me.

soooo. the result of my favorite is piranha. of course ;P And sorry for my really bad english.

Scary_Mary_01
7th September 2013, 03:13 PM
Harimau and AG-Systems for me

T7Task
8th September 2013, 09:08 PM
I would say that i'm fairly new to Wipeout compared to alot of people. My introduction to the wold of Wipeout was Wipeout Pure, have been a fan ever since. That being said, despite their reputation as an unpopular team/ship choice I have always liked Triakis. Something about the ship design just clicked with me and although I have used other teams like Icarus and EG-X (both of which I liked) I always seem to go back to Triakis. I agree that the color scheme is not that great it does go with the teams military connection. I always have and still do like the ships design, Fury Triakis just looks awesome to me and the dynamic theme for the PS3 is cool. So although I enjoy the other teams my loyalty lies with Triakis.