PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit

Fasterova
21st August 2009, 04:47 AM
I think that having the option to pilot your favorite ship from inside the cockpit would be awsome. I love racing games like GT5 and GRID that let you do so. Would be cool to see the inside of the ships like that I think.

designer_79
21st August 2009, 05:53 AM
Graphically that would be totally awesome, with all kinds of displays, indicators, HUD types. There's one problem though, it would narrow the field of view quite a lot (as it does in GT5) which might become a real problem in the fastest speed classes. Playing with interior view in Phantom is already hard enough, now imagine the lower third of the screen cut off with all kind of detailing ... taking the hairpins under this circumstances would be nearly impossible.

Fasterova
21st August 2009, 01:50 PM
Thats a good point designer, I didnt think of that. I still wish we had the option though. I would use it.

Lance
21st August 2009, 01:59 PM
Isn't this already available in WipEout HD/Fury?

Aeroracer
21st August 2009, 02:14 PM
@lance....cockpit view is inside ship but you havee no graphics on the inside of the ship, so it suks bigtime...i said about this in the new wipeout game thread.it would look really cool :)

Lance
21st August 2009, 02:20 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks for info.

Nordschleifer.2200
24th August 2009, 12:05 AM
I don't know why, but i think that the "internal" view is the actual's pilot view. Mabye the ships uses a system similiar to the COFFIN Mk. III used in the Ace Combat 3 figther aircrafts.

Ally
24th August 2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah the in-ship view in Wip3out was incredibly engaging, loved it.

Aeroracer
24th August 2009, 06:58 PM
it is brilliant .i always fly in cockpit view i love doing a Barrel roll cos the screen goes upside down..but would love cockpit graphiics with flashing lights and warning bleeps when stuff happens..:dizzy

Big Pája
29th August 2009, 09:22 AM
I used the cockpit view in Wip3out only once or twice to see how it looks but I never tried to seriously race with it, not even on the lowest speed class. However, I would like it to return in a future WipEout game just for the hell of it.

Tchiko
29th October 2009, 12:30 PM
I think a view inside the cockpit would be amazing but only on a dedicated game with all parameters adapted.
I think to Stunt Car Racer.

MetaKraken
29th October 2009, 04:14 PM
Cockpit would be cool, but whenever you're attacked from out of nowhere, that can be a problem.

Zoth-Ommog
29th October 2009, 06:31 PM
Inside view limits my FOV enough already..

jan709
31st October 2009, 04:23 PM
I would love a cockpit view! with all the detail that is in cockpit allready its just weird there isnt one (yet?)

ZenDJiNN
1st November 2009, 06:22 PM
I was only thinking about this a few days ago. I agree that it would be a great feature to have, and maybe to counter the "Restricted Views" there could be small "Vid Displays" INSIDE the cockpit, which take the feed from an external camera or two situated OUTSIDE on the ship, to show the parts of the track etc that are hard to see when using this mode?

Not sure if this would work, but just having the ability to see what's behind you when in cockpit mode would be very helpful. In fact, thinking about it, having that as an option regardless of what mode you're in would also be cool. :D