PDA

View Full Version : Wip3out television ad?

supersocks
19th August 2009, 08:44 PM
Does anyone remember this?

Involved internal view footage of bouncing on left split section on Stanza Inter, hard turn to Megamall entrance, a bizarre lost-and-found shop (or pawnbroker?) with brains and other crazy stuff, a metallic spinning wip3out logo on black background, all set to (2:30-> section) of Sasha's Feisar (or Icaras?) music track... if my distant memory serves me right.

Then again maybe it was shown only in Finland who knows. At least that was the point I knew I must get this game, don't think I can forget such important moments in my life that easily.

Task
20th August 2009, 02:43 AM
... Wow, that sounds messed up.

I'm gonna place my bet on "it was never on TV and was actually a fevered dream you had after a full day of wipeout and an evening of clubbing and getting wasted".

I could definitely be wrong, but at least my version sounds more likely! 8 D

Chill
3rd September 2009, 06:13 PM
Hahaha... but I have to admit, sound like a pretty wicked dream... ;)

Shows you how connected to the dark side Wipeout 3 seemed to be... you were under the influence my friend...

Electromancer
2nd December 2009, 08:11 AM
I remember seeing the game intro on TV commercials.

JABBERJAW
2nd December 2009, 11:48 AM
We had the commercial over in the states. it played for a little while, but lots of flashing, and most people probably didn't even know what was going on. No explanation of what the game was (kinda like the cd cover now that I think of it :) )

Dexito2097
12th November 2010, 08:01 PM
I remember a very funny magazine ad involving two men both with their pants wet.

The first one had a little pee stain and it said " Wipeout "

The second one was totally soaked in pee and it said " Wipeout XL "

That was funny :D

I also remember another magazine ad involving a hot blonde with the Wipeout Logo on her T-shirt lying on a sofa. Seemed like she just had a seizure or something...

14 hrs of intense gaming later I actually understood her expression. hehe

RJ O'Connell
8th April 2011, 03:16 AM
http://wip3out.tumblr.com/post/4415507273/this-ad-is-pretty-dead-on

This the ad you're talking about?