PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Techno

DJ Techno
22nd November 2002, 07:28 PM
Yesterday, my best friend handed me a cd called The best of Techno from the West. And it was in Japanese, i'm no rocket scientist :-? and don't want to be one :P , but I know when I can and can not understand a word the lyrics are saying.

But what's funny, is that I am to listen to the cd, the beats are so fast, that it kinda remind me of listening to Cold Storage, Photek, and DJ Acucrack all in one.

Have you ever listened to something, the beats are so fast, the rhythem just...., and you couldn't stop listening to it, because it sounds almost the like an artist you've heard before?

AmigoJack
22nd November 2002, 07:48 PM
beats going faster and faster? that came to me ages ago when i heard hardcore for the first times. i did like it... for about a month. after that it was pure noise and ive never wanted to hear it again...

as for the japanese techno - name some artists or give more info

Synthetic Consciousness
23rd November 2002, 01:44 AM
I can't stress Ken Ishii enough. He's probably the best. :D

More good Japanese electronica artists:

Mist, Hiroshi Moriagi, DJ Krush, Kay Nakayama.

Those near game/anime import stores, check out these soundtracks: REZ (Gamers Guide to...), Parasite Eve Remixes, Serial Experiments: lain Cyberia Remixes. 8)

AmigoJack
23rd November 2002, 08:30 AM
ken ishii blasts. first i heard/saw him with EXTRA (video), so buying the album "jelly tones" was a must for me. i also bought the later the "sleeping madness" because of "misprogrammed day" and "game over". the "metal blue america" album is also good, even his first tracks rock ("inner elements", with lots of remixes).

but anything that came with and after "iceblink" didnt feel so good, so i stopped seeking for new stuff from ishii. nevertheless he did a lot of v.good music.

and btw (not japanese): takkyu ishino is also cool (album "throbbing disco cat" or track "polynasia" or "ghost in the shell"). from both artists (ishino and ishii) i have also the "mix up" cd which is also very interesting.

Piranha Advancements
26th November 2002, 05:15 PM
Beats fast? Well..maybe some grindcore,brutal metal,krusty punk and some black metal?

On Jap techno,to me..depends on labels.I just hate anything on VMP or Avex mostly but Ishino's sets are great in the party I went last year.Oh what a wonderful party..took an elborate plan to get her number..got it and realised she's boring as hell..sigh...