PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Lap Badge

jimsin
16th August 2009, 07:03 PM
I've been playing online a lot this week - and can't help noticing something odd about the Fastest Lap badge ... like it usually seems to go to the person who comes last.

Now to start with I figured that this was because the people who fall to the back are racing by themselves, and are thus able to pick up all the speed boosts, take their own lines etc. and get faster times - but today I raced on Sol 2 Reverse - which is my least favourite track ... was racing against people with online rankings in their 40s who just vanished off into the horizon while I was bouncing off the walls - I came dead last on two or three occasions, and still got the fastest lap badge. I am 99.9% certain that I wasn't fastest.

Is this a known error in the game, or do I have I warped space and time so that I can consistantly put in fastest laps despite being slowest?

brummpahh
16th August 2009, 08:43 PM
Hi jimsin,

you are not alone. Me and some mates
remarked the same effect. Maybe some SL
joke on the last one: "don't give up - you can
do the fastest lap", :beer

IH8YOU
16th August 2009, 10:31 PM
It appears to have been broken since the 2.0 update... maybe Studio Liverpool changed it to a "consolation prize" so newcomers have a glimmer of hope when they rank last in a multiplayer race.

Like for that "special kid" in preschool - who couldn't quite grasp the alphabet - but was given a banana sticker just for trying.

jimsin
16th August 2009, 10:36 PM
lol - certainly seems to be the case.

I must admit that I was taking some consolation in it myself for a while, until I realised that there was no way on earth that I could have been fastest. That's when my consolation bubble burst.

Hope nobody reads this while still under the illusion.

SaturnReturn
16th August 2009, 10:43 PM
:( I get that badge all the time. I thought it was because I was doing well. :(

PLazarou
16th August 2009, 11:10 PM
Yep, I have noticed this. First few times I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but then there was one blatant error where the guy I beat was a true novice, and there was absolutely no way he could have done a faster lap than me.

Aeroracer
16th August 2009, 11:44 PM
I think fastest lap badge is awarded to a player who sets a new personal fastest lap during a race. I used to get loads but not so many now as i dont beat my own records as easily...but who knows maybe i am talking out of my bottom...:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

Artieficial
17th August 2009, 12:03 AM
I have noticed that too - it really seems glitchy. :D

jimsin
17th August 2009, 04:26 AM
Ah, maybe you're right Jasmin - that could explain it. There's a description of the badges somewhere in the extras, I guess it would say there - I can't face switching Wipeout back on again to look at the moment though - I've been playing it for too long tonight. :eek