PDA

View Full Version : Track collision talk

Aeroracer
14th August 2009, 02:06 AM
When im racing and for example on ubermall i do the turbo+BR on the hill through the doorway and hit one of the cute little pot plants as i fly past and bounce directly backwards off it and fall backwards in slow motion..

Im no scientist but im sure a massive ship traveling at 800Km/h would demolish any pot plant.:nod:nod

There are many silly little plants and signs on the tracks that appear defy physics and can repel anything.

I would prefer it if they had no collisions and you could go through them like on other racers or even better they blow up when you hit them.

I have no problem with real obstacles that can catch you out such as tunnel edge on VK do for instance, i just think some of the obstacles are questionable:nod

Whats everyone else opinion on these type of obstacles.

What are your opinions

IH8YOU
14th August 2009, 02:11 AM
I believe the Ubermall plants are made by Triakis.

This is why they are indestructible.

I made a badge for what you did - it's called "extreme gardening". :)

Aeroracer
14th August 2009, 02:20 AM
Lol...now you have explained i am happy.:nod:nod i knew there had to be a rational explanation.

Thx for gardening badge.

djKyoto
14th August 2009, 03:54 AM
All I can remember in my head atm in reguards to the thread title is oolpro punting me of Sol 2 beautifully into the wild yonder earlier on.

Kyonshi
14th August 2009, 04:01 AM
One of the most obvious off-track launcher collision is the classical hair-pin on Chenghou. I got my weekly session earlier today as i carefully took the curve, only to be slammed in by a reckless noob and graciously been thrown out of it. Splendid.

:bomb :bomb :bomb :bomb :bomb :bomb :bomb :bomb :bomb :bomb :bomb

darkfaerytales
14th August 2009, 06:49 AM
Im no scientist but im sure a massive ship traveling at 800Km/h would demolish any pot plant.:nod:nod

oh you can bet it

:lol i think this is the most hilarious thing i've heard of the year, after this i want to become your friend:beer

I made a badge for what you did - it's called "extreme gardening". :)
you made my day:p:robot

MEKAGORI
14th August 2009, 08:01 AM

This is why they are indestructible.

lol, And they have bad handling.

Spece2goin
14th August 2009, 11:49 AM
Now we can say that Triakis are just flying pot of flower...

let me guess, Triakis also made lights?

darkfaerytales
14th August 2009, 12:06 PM
you are talking about a certain streetlamp on ubermall reverse :D

mmm a certain one like right after the start grid:p

stever
14th August 2009, 12:11 PM
Destructible scenery in WipEout would be great. For the frequency it would be used though I don't think it's worth the large technical challenge or performance hit involved in implementing it - shame :(

Tsunam49
14th August 2009, 12:17 PM
The only probalem with destructable scenary would be it killing the frame rate imo :( Maybe just passing through it on tiny little things like that. Also i think most construction has been sub contracted out to Triakis!

Aeroracer
14th August 2009, 02:14 PM
should have a shortcut on ubermall where you can fly threw a load on windows and shops causing mayem and destruction. (like in the film, crank):nod

Sven
14th August 2009, 05:01 PM
I sometimes have issues at Metropia (both directions) where I hit some trackside pylon and get catapulted up in the air and lose 8 seconds. Makes me wish they used the force fields like in Pulse.

YouAreFubar
14th August 2009, 06:27 PM
Would certainly explain a few things!

While I can see your point, dectructible scenery would certainly mean a massive performance hit. And I dont think drive thru would be the way to go either. At least this gives you incentive to stick to the track (most of the time anyway).

DividedXZero
14th August 2009, 08:32 PM
should have a shortcut on ubermall where you can fly threw a load on windows and shops causing mayem and destruction. (like in the film, crank):nod

That reminds me of Ridge Racer 7. Where you go through a narrow alley with several store fronts and glass windows. And if you have a level 3 nitro and use it all....all the windows and storefronts explode and shatter behind you as you roar down the alley! A favorite moment in R7 :)

graeble
15th August 2009, 07:11 PM
you can go through atleast one video screen ad in the game. barrel roll through it for a trophy.

all the wipeout tracks have state of the art shield generators that prevent such destruction. it was mainly created for the protection of the audience.

do you realize the amount of damage one race would cause if they didn't install such a safeguard? the rebuilding costs would be enormous! XP

crawdad62
16th August 2009, 02:09 PM
The only probalem with destructable scenary would be it killing the frame rate imo :(

That's the only problem? I think worrying about the other racers weapons is enough. I'd hate to think that the environment would be lethal as well. Yikes!:dizzy

Speaking of Ubermall. I've actually boosted and landed on the building and got stuck. Just sitting there on the roof. Unfortunately it was on a Speed Lap or TT so there wasn't anyone else on the track. It would've been a pretty neat hiding place if it was an Eliminator race.