PDA

View Full Version : The Flying Dutchmen WOWC '09 Schedule

SaturnReturn
9th August 2009, 09:58 PM
Yarr!:pirate

Ahoy maties, 'tis time to hoist the main sail, generally shake ye pirate booty and cast off on a swashbucklin' adventure in search of the ultimate bounty.

We need to start organising matches for the World Cup. I don't see Mad-Ice around a great deal at the moment so thought I would get things rolling as he may well be busy.

Rather than set dates and confirm availability for those dates, I thought I would do it the other way around and generally get some opinions first.

So to all in the team, please state here:
1. The days (and times of day, if you can be so specific) in September you are definitely (or most likely) not available to race.
2. The order of the teams as you would prefer to race them.
3. How you want to decide who are top 4 players are. It will be hard to decide as we are a fairly even bunch. The options are (as far as I see it): A. a tournament, or; B a vote.

It may be the case that availability dictates the team, but we shall see once all responses are in. I will list my response too once I have clarified when my holiday will happen, if it ever does. :rolleyes:

EDIT - 20th August '09
-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggested Dates:

5th is a no-go due to lack of availability
TFD vs Team Italy
5th September
Available:
SaturnReturn, Luxoflux
Unconfirmed:
DjManiac, Cnmth, Connavar
Unavailable:
AnErare, Yeldar2097, Mad-Ice

TFD vs ???
6th September
Available:
SaturnReturn, Yeldar2097, Mad-Ice
Unconfirmed:
Luxoflux, DjManiac, Cnmth, Connavar,
Unavailable:
AnErare

TFD vs Team FrancePOSTPONED
12th September
Available:
AnErare, Luxoflux, SaturnReturn, Mad-Ice, Yeldar2097
Unconfirmed:
DjManiac, Cnmth
Unavailable:

TFD vs Team North America
13th September
Available:
AnErare, SaturnReturn, Yeldar2097, Luxoflux, Connavar
Unconfirmed:
DjManiac, Cnmth,
Unavailable:
Mad-Ice

TFD vs ???
19th September
Available:
AnErare (Evening), Luxoflux, SaturnReturn
Unconfirmed:
Yeldar2097, DjManiac, Cnmth, Connavar
Unavailable:
Mad-Ice

TFD vs Team Italy
20th September
Available:
AnErare (Evening), SaturnReturn, Mad-Ice, Connavar
Unconfirmed:
Yeldar2097, Luxoflux, DjManiac, Cnmth
Unavailable:

TFD vs ???
26th September
Available:
AnErare, SaturnReturn
Unconfirmed:
Yeldar2097, DjManiac, Cnmth, Connavar
Unavailable:
Luxoflux, Mad-Ice

The Flying Dutchmen vs Team France
27th September 2100 GMT+2
Available:
AnErare, SaturnReturn, Mad-Ice, Connavar, Luxoflux, yeldar2097
Unconfirmed:
DjManiac, Cnmth
Unavailable:

kaori
9th August 2009, 10:10 PM
Can you play against France saturday 12th september ? (17.00 or 21.30, GMT +2, same time zone ;) )

Mad-Ice
10th August 2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks Saturn for taking initiative! Indeed I am real busy these last weeks. I will be looking for data that I will be available and for data that I won't be available. At Kaori: I will look into that date too and I will post or edit this post asap.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Connavar
13th August 2009, 01:49 PM
I shouldn't be too busy in September...

About the top 4 players ... I think in any case, we should organize a lot of
tournaments, just to get things going smoothly.

But can the top 4 change with time? Right now I just started getting back into
the game :)

AnErare
13th August 2009, 05:49 PM
I'm up for September 12th.

yeldar2097
14th August 2009, 03:34 PM
as most of you know i'm out so we need to find an 8th member of the team...
i will cheer you on all the way! like this --> :hyper

SaturnReturn
14th August 2009, 05:21 PM
Why are you out? All I've heard so far is you talking about how you shouldn't play because you're inconsistent. Join the club! You win far more than me so get over it. If you're not actually available for genuine reasons then that's fine, but so far I haven't heard any. If you're available, then we need you to play. What would be the point in getting all the records and bringing your rank up like that and then not taking part in an event that is supposed to involve the best players in the world?

AnErare
14th August 2009, 05:45 PM
He sold his ps3.

SaturnReturn
14th August 2009, 06:23 PM
Anyone know why?

yeldar2097
16th August 2009, 10:36 PM
because 'I am Legend' ;)

SaturnReturn
16th August 2009, 10:41 PM
I've seen that film and I'm fairly sure that Will Smith doesn't try to save the world by selling his PS3....fairly sure.

We can replace you with R3BU5ER then.

yeldar2097
16th August 2009, 11:02 PM
you think he doesn't but he did it on the sly. towards the end you can see his PS3 in a box ready to be shipped off to some random who bought it on ebay...
shut up yeldar :P

SaturnReturn
20th August 2009, 05:53 PM
Everyone, I've assigned each match a weekend (pretty arbitrarily apart from France). These are listed in the first post (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143869&postcount=1). Please let me know which dates you can make. If it is dependent on time then tell me which times you can do on that date too. Please give me as full responses as you possibly can at this stage, because telling me you're generally free isn't all that helpful. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but we really need to get this rolling. If you see other team members around online then please let them know this is happening.

yeldar2097
22nd August 2009, 01:56 AM
my parents are trying to force me to get a new ps3 so i might be able to make the reserves if anyone else drops out.
just so you know ;)

SaturnReturn
22nd August 2009, 12:12 PM
Your parents are weird. So far people haven't really confirmed for much so you might be lucky enough to make the team....even if you did only just get a PS3 and are a complete noob.

jan709
22nd August 2009, 03:22 PM
can i maybe get some sort of try out match? just to know if i would be of any use at all against another team?

SaturnReturn
22nd August 2009, 03:44 PM
jan709, I don't know to be honest. We'd have to arrange something with a few players and I'm not getting much feedback at the moment.:?

I'll be on at some time this evening playing with kanar and co in Avalon. Send me a PM on PSN and I'll invite you to a game. Add me as a friend. I'm not sure if I have any spaces on my list but I deleted a few people's second accounts so hopefully I do.

yeldar2097
22nd August 2009, 03:45 PM
bit popular on psn are we sat? no need to boast :P

SaturnReturn
22nd August 2009, 03:49 PM
Well I have to be popular somewhere. It makes up for real life.

Luxoflux
23rd August 2009, 08:29 PM
Im available on the 5th, 12th and 19th. not sure about the sundays and 26th is a no go

SaturnReturn
23rd August 2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks Luxo. I edited the first post to show your availability.

It looks like I'm available all September now as I've given up on my holiday. :(

Oh well, one step closer to having a team available.

AnErare
24th August 2009, 01:26 AM
Oh but that's bad planning :/ Sorry to read that. You're upping the pressure with information like that :>

The weekend of the 5th and 6th I'm in London so those are no option for me. The other weekends are all good. On the 19th and 20th I'm working mornings so I'll be available after 18:30 GMT+2, that should work out.

SaturnReturn
24th August 2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks AnE. I've updated the first page.

I could still go on holiday if my friend gets her @rse into gear, but it's extremely unlikely to happen. The World Cup is really something I've been sticking around for and trying to improve for. It may very likely be my last WipEout experience as this game feels like it's on it's last legs for me. I'm very surprised now when I do actually enjoy it, as you saw last weekend in Avalon. On the other hand, the World Cup might rejuvenate my interest, we shall see. Either way I'd like to be there for as much of it as possible. :)

Vartazian
25th August 2009, 06:41 AM
Please contact us ASAP with times that your team will be able to race.

ShawnFrecle
25th August 2009, 12:35 PM
What about the 18th September Friday for challenge our little Italy :)?

Connavar
27th August 2009, 08:35 AM
Hey guys, actually I prefer to play during the week, but I should be available
during week-ends as well, especially if it's a sunday evening.
I'll confirm the dates shortly.

SaturnReturn
29th August 2009, 05:53 PM
Hey Connavar. I haven't suggested week days because I think it would be even harder to coordinate with a whole 30 days allocated as potential match days. I know I would be at work and therefore couldn't guarantee anything, whereas on weekends I can commit more easily. I suspect the situation may be the same for others too, although some may work weekends as well or instead.

Anyway, it's quite a tough thing to coordinate. We may end up doing all 4 in one weekend at this rate as I haven't even been able to go to other teams yet to suggest dates.

If I can get availability from you, yeldar and Mad-Ice then hopefully I can get something rolling. I don't think DjManiac wants to play as he didn't reply to my message and before when I saw him playing WO and asked if he was back for the world cup I think he said, "Not really", or something similar. Haven't seen cnmth online in ages.

Connavar
29th August 2009, 11:20 PM
Ok, I see, I also work during the week but not during evenings, and I often go
on a trip during weekends, except sunday evening ... I'll try to get ready for
the 5th (by practicing) and hopefully I'll be available :)

yeldar2097
29th August 2009, 11:38 PM
6th yes, 5th no. that's all i know so far.

SaturnReturn
29th August 2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks. First post is updated. Maybe if a couple more could commit to Sunday 6th then at least we could maybe get one match lined up to get the ball rolling.

The 12th and Evening of the 19th could be good too - 3 available for those so far. Just need a couple (1 and at least 1 backup) more to say yes to those and I can arrange them.

Mad-Ice
1st September 2009, 03:00 PM
I am available:

Friday 4th of september
Sunday 6th of september
Monday 7th of september
Tuesday 8th of september

Friday 11th of september
Saturday 12th september
Sunday 13th of september
Monday 14th of september

Friday 18th of september
Sunday 20th of september
Monday 21th of september

Friday 25th of september
Sunday 27th of september
Monday 28th of september

SaturnReturn
1st September 2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks Mad-Ice. First post is updated (only with weekends at the moment - will still try to stick with this for now).

ShawnFrecle
2nd September 2009, 11:04 AM
Hi guys. Just for security, you will know that we can't race (Team Italy) the 5th, how previously posted, right?

yeldar2097
2nd September 2009, 04:29 PM
How about on the 6th?

ShawnFrecle
2nd September 2009, 10:13 PM
Sorry, but we are only 2 or maximum 3 players this week available.

SaturnReturn
2nd September 2009, 10:21 PM
No worries :)

Vartazian
2nd September 2009, 11:25 PM
Saturn so Far I have 3 Confirmed for Sunday the 13th. Thing your could Rastle up a fw dutchmen for that date?

kaori
6th September 2009, 12:53 PM
saturday 12th is okay for France-Flying Dutchmen, start at 21.30 ?

Mad-Ice
6th September 2009, 04:48 PM
Well I have arranged somethings, I just have to be there with all my Fast Flying French Friends. But can we start at 22:00 instead of 21:30? Then all the French have finished their late supper :)

So I am there the 12th on saturday night, aye pirates.

kaori
6th September 2009, 05:31 PM
Okay for 22.00

kaori
8th September 2009, 11:07 AM
Hello, I have asked my mates for this week-end, and too many players won't be present to play 4 vs 4. I propose you to postpone the match (I ask to my team for 19th, 26th and 27th september)

SaturnReturn
10th September 2009, 08:57 PM
Anyone available to face NA on Sunday? Only me and AnErare available at the moment. I've asked Vartazian if NA can play Saturday instead of France and he's going to see but it doesn't look hopeful at the moment. If not I will ask Italy at the last minute. If we can't play another team then we should have a Dutchmen session anyway on Saturday.

yeldar2097
10th September 2009, 10:07 PM
pick me :D

SaturnReturn
10th September 2009, 10:12 PM
I pick....erm, damn there's not anyone left....erm....kid on the end whose name I can't remember...radar? Girldar? Gaydar? Whatever, the ginger one, you're in!

Anyone else? I'll be nice to you, promise.

yeldar2097
10th September 2009, 10:15 PM
wow, I feel so wanted/needed/loved

/epic sarcasm

I'm in! Just so long as you don't **** me again :D

SaturnReturn
10th September 2009, 10:31 PM
That was an accident, my Jolly Roger slipped.

SaturnReturn
11th September 2009, 10:46 PM
Guys, we potentially have a match for Sunday with North America. I am just checking with Vartazian whether they can do Saturday or not. I wanted to try and make it Saturday because I believe Mad-Ice rearranged stuff to make that day but the French unfortunately had to cancel.

What would be a good time to suggest for the match, whether Saturday or Sunday? 2100 GMT+2 (Holland Time)

EDIT: It's definitely Sunday now guys. So is about 2100 GMT+2 good for everyone?

Mad-Ice
12th September 2009, 07:43 PM
Oh, that is too bad, I really wanted to have this race tonight. Better luck next time. Unfortunately I can not be there tomorrow, but we are having enough pirates to race tomorrow. Good luck mates!!

Greetz Mad-Ice

yeldar2097
12th September 2009, 09:32 PM
So Sat what's the final team for tomorrow. what time is that in england? will we practice? what should i bring? do i need to eat beforehand? have i asked enough questions?

SaturnReturn
12th September 2009, 10:46 PM
That's 8PM in England. I don't know the final team. Players available are:
AnErare, SaturnReturn, Yeldar2097, Luxoflux, Connavar

I feel bad asking someone to be backup over another, but at the same time I would like to win against NA because they beat France so it would put us in a good position. Whereas if we lose then we have a really tough opponent against France and they may well field their best team against us. That makes me think about what's our best team. We haven't had a qualifying tournament so all I can do to be objective is look at rankings. International 2 Overall Phantom ranking says.

yeldar2097, SaturnReturn, Connavar, Luxoflux, Mad-Ice, cnmth, DjManiac21, AnErare

International 2 Multiplayer Race Phantom ranking says.

yeldar2097, Luxoflux, SaturnReturn, Mad-Ice, Connavar, cnmth, DjManiac21, AnErare

That doesn't mean everything. I'd put Mad-Ice in the team ahead of myself, and AnErare in the team ahead of DjManiac and cnmth.

So yeah, based entirely on rankings, I'm inclined to say the team should be:
Yeldar2097, Luxoflux, SaturnReturn Connavar, with AnErare as backup.

Then I'd make AnErare first choice against Italy.

EDIT: Checked with AnE and he's OK with that plan. So that's what it is.

yeldar2097
13th September 2009, 01:25 AM
Does that mean I'm expected to do the best? :P

Actually, I have a sneaky plan that may help....:g

Edit: Just to clarify it does not involve shooting Dutchmen

SaturnReturn
13th September 2009, 01:29 AM
It means you're expected to do your best to help the team win, which means getting points and dropping mines on Americans only if it won't hurt Dutchmen. That or we all just race our butts off and hope the Americans get trigger happy and shoot each other.

I'm kind of nervous. I don't ever seem to do too well in these. I hope I don't let the side down.

yeldar2097
13th September 2009, 01:34 AM
Don't worry, if it all goes tits up just have a brew :+

We should be alright, we're better :lol

SaturnReturn
13th September 2009, 01:37 AM
They know how to shoot better while I'm good at getting blown up. It's like a match made in heaven.

Anyway, enough of that. Time to be confident. Let's take 'em for all their worth.....3 points!

yeldar2097
13th September 2009, 01:42 AM
Well you say that but this time I might be shooting back.

Pacifist --> Lose/moral victory/good karma

Angryyeldar --> Win/guilty feelings/apologetic/eternity in hell

Whaddya reckon? :P

SaturnReturn
13th September 2009, 01:47 AM
As long as you shoot the right people there's nothing to feel guilty about. I say go for it.

yeldar2097
13th September 2009, 01:48 AM
So basically not shoot like you do? :P

KIDDING

I'm having to do that a lot tonight...

SaturnReturn
13th September 2009, 02:02 AM
I always check who's in front of me when I shoot. It's not my fault people get all eager to overtake me and boost into the path of my plasmas, rockets, missiles, cannons, leech beams and quakes.......all the time. That's the only way it's ever happened.:nod

Vartazian
13th September 2009, 02:38 AM
Don't worry guys I'll gladdly send your ships to the scrapyard! "Sniper Vart" is on the track!

yeldar2097
13th September 2009, 04:30 PM
Get out of our thread you!

:P

Mad-Ice
14th September 2009, 06:25 PM
You funny guys did an amazing job! Lmao.

SaturnReturn
14th September 2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks Mad-Ice. We'll get over it and take on the French. If we beat them then we potentially will be in the next round. I'd really like to make it out of the group stage. But we have a long way to go yet.

I hope you will be there for the French when we play them. You've been kicking ass online recently - way more than me and you play every day.

We have Italy next weekend - a feisty passionate bunch of romantics they're sure to be. I'm sure they will have a lot of love for shooting Dutchmen, so we have to be en garde, especially as there are a lot of surprise players putting in top performances in these matches. We can't take anything for granted. But still, I am confident after how close we finished against Team America that we will be able to get out first win this coming weekend. :+

Mad-Ice
14th September 2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks Saturn, indeed we have a long way to go! But you never know what might happen. Yes, I have been playing every day for the past week. I have to train myself a little bit, because I did not play HD for almost two months.

I hope I can be there against the French. I am not sure about being able to fight the Italiens though? I will be home late on sunday around 21:00 pirate time! Maybe a little earlier, what I am going to aim for.

yeldar2097
15th September 2009, 02:50 AM
What date is the Italy match? I'm just checking whether I'll be around then...

On reserve of course; AnE is bored of being a cheerleader (and I've always wanted pom-poms :P)

Vartazian
15th September 2009, 03:30 AM
Yeldar Yeldar hes our man If he cant do it no-one can!

Goooooooooo Yeldar!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/Vartazian/911.gif

Mad-Ice
15th September 2009, 03:22 PM
Good one Vartazian! Lmao. At Yeldar it is coming sunday the 20th of september. 21:00.

kaori
15th September 2009, 09:21 PM
We can play saturday 19th september, 21.30 or 22.00 (Paris/Amsterdam timezone)
If you can't, will you be able to play a wednesday or a thursday ?

SaturnReturn
15th September 2009, 09:45 PM
I don't think we'll be able to do the 19th kaori. Mad-Ice and yeldar aren't available. We might need Luxoflux for the Sunday against Italy and if we do he won't be likely to play the Saturday. I think it's one or the other because he has to study at least one of those days. Not sure about Connavar. But Mad-Ice rearranged his plans for last Saturday so I want him to be in the France match. He's not available on Wednesday or Thursday either based on his earlier post.

Based on that, the only date left in September is the 27th. I don't know availability of some players for that yet though. But would it be possible for you?

kaori
16th September 2009, 05:56 AM
Maybe it's possible 27th, (without Wotan and ExpitariuS :?)
And a friday ?

SaturnReturn
16th September 2009, 05:16 PM
:lol Well I wouldn't complain if Wotan and Expi couldn't play, but if we beat you guys we want as even a fight as possible. :) So, I will check with Mad-Ice about Fridays and possibly other weekdays. Perhaps he can make an exception. Will let you know.

Connavar
18th September 2009, 08:22 AM
I hope I can play the game against Italy, I still feel bad about the previous
game and I want to correct this, with a FEISAR ship :)

yeldar2097
18th September 2009, 09:48 AM
If there's a match going down on sunday I can be a sub cos I might now be going away on monday instead...

SaturnReturn
18th September 2009, 06:31 PM
Connavar, you're in. Good on you for going with FEISAR. I fully endorse anyone using anything other than AG-S, but also fully endorse anyone on our team using AG-S. ;) I'm using AG-S next time for my training with it because anything else makes one stand out and creates an easy target for the opposition. It's a sad state of affairs that it's come to that, but there you go. :(

Yeldar, you get backup. I'll let Luxoflux know that he can use the time for valuable studying. I'm sure he'll be an uber-genius by the time our next race comes.:)

AnErare
19th September 2009, 01:43 PM
Alright then!

I'm not really up to par due to different distractions but am sure going to let Hari change that shortly ;)

SaturnReturn
19th September 2009, 01:49 PM
No worries AnE. I'm sure you'll be good to go after a little practice. It's only HD ships btw. So if you were planning to use Furymau then I'm afraid it's a no-go. :( If you're going to use HD harimau then that's cool. It's a funky ship that deserves a place at the World Cup.:rock

In terms of the start time. I hadn't realised that ShawnFrecle had asked if we can do 2200GMT+2. Sorry for missing his message in the Italy thread. Is this time still good for all the Dutchmen? I'd rather keep it earlier but can do it at that time if necessary.

ShawnFrecle
19th September 2009, 04:32 PM
Everything is ready for our match Italy vs You :D. The time is indifferent, 21 or 22, maybe for us better 22.00 but there aren't any problems to race at 21.00. So, you are 4 pilots then? We can race 3 or 4 players, what you need :D

AnErare
19th September 2009, 05:24 PM
No, I'm perfectly aware of the HD cup going without Fury.

If it's a better option for most 22:00 could do but we'd have to get at it without too much hassle otherwise Yeldar must be able to take my place because I have to get up very early on monday.

SaturnReturn
19th September 2009, 06:22 PM
OK guys. I would rather 2100 GMT+2 if we can Shawn. I have to get up early on Monday as well. We have 4 players:

AnErare, SaturnReturn, Mad-Ice, Connavar

yeldar is probably going to be backup if he's around and if we get really desparate.

ShawnFrecle
20th September 2009, 08:36 AM
Ok, so our team can start at 21.00 and you guys at 22.00, only like this we can win the race :D... Just joking! See you tonight at 21.00!

yeldar2097
20th September 2009, 03:37 PM
...and if we get really desparate.

OI! I heard that! :P

Mad-Ice
21st September 2009, 05:13 PM
Congratulations pirates, we did the job. Big up to SaturnReturn who was on a roll! Also a big up to ShawnFrecle for the Italien Team, you rocked dude.

kaori
23rd September 2009, 02:46 PM
Let's go for sunday 27th 21.00

Mad-Ice
27th September 2009, 04:59 PM
Hi guys, at the moment I am having heavy cramps in my stomach. I think I ate something wrong yesterday. I do not know if I am able to race tonight. So if I am not there at 2100 I am lying in bed. Man, the pain right now is too much.

Greetz and good luck if I am not there, Mad-Ice

SaturnReturn
27th September 2009, 05:07 PM
That's bad news Mad-Ice. I will message the guys so we have a backup ready. I hope you recover in time as I know you want to race the French. I'm a bit ill right now too. Maybe we've been sabotaged.:eek

kaori
27th September 2009, 08:15 PM
TFD 77 Yeldar
TFD 77 Luxoflux
FRA 68 kaori
TFD 55 SaturnReturn
FRA 54 kingheim
FRA 52 ericd7m
TFD 39 Connavar (14 last races)
FRA 39 G-Superpilot
TFD 03 AnErare (2 first races)

Total : TFD 251 FRA 213

ericd7
27th September 2009, 08:19 PM
GG flying dutchmen.
See you soon.

SaturnReturn
27th September 2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys. Thanks for the scores kaori. I wonder what would have happened if it weren't for the restart. It could have been a different story - perhaps even a draw or something. It seemed luck was on the Dutchmen's side for once. The first half was very close. Luxoflux went on a rampage in this match. It's cool to see a joint MVP award for Luxo and yeldar. I think they are definitely our 2 best players now. I myself can't keep up on reverse tracks.

Congrats Dutchmen - we're in the semi-finals. I wonder who our opponents will be.

yeldar2097
27th September 2009, 09:15 PM
i nearly quit after the first restart - i won a race and then it didn't count and i came last when we re-ran it. christ i was angry. like so ::bomb

SaturnReturn
27th September 2009, 09:23 PM
LOOL. I wondered what made you so stroppy this time. :P You got to get a hold of that though. Luxoflux is giving up his study time to kick @rse for us, so promptness would be good. I can see how that would be annoying though. I'd be pretty gutted too if that happened. In the end though the restart worked out well for us. And still well done to you and luxo for getting MVP. Do it 2 more times yeldar and you could be MVP of the whole thing.

Luxoflux
27th September 2009, 09:48 PM
Lol, Yeldar If anyone should have quited it would have been me for getting last in the first 2 races. Finally getting some pionts on Moa and then having to restart :bomb. Anyway, great racing guys and till the next time. Cant wait for all the vids :)

yeldar2097
27th September 2009, 09:55 PM
yeah i stopped filming after 4 races so that won't be happening...from me at least.
oh well, ag-systems is ugly as sin anyway :P

Connavar
27th September 2009, 10:31 PM
WOW I didn't know we were losing so badly after the first 2 races, we've been
super lucky with that disconnection after all.

Sorry Lux for hitting you twice + a leech beam, haha I'm sure you were super
angry on Ubermall with that bomb ... I had 2 options: play safe and recharge
my shields, or just shoot a lot and cause some chaos, I picked the 2nd option!

SaturnReturn
27th September 2009, 10:33 PM
It's easy to mistake teammates for Frenchmen when they're going as fast as Luxo was. ;)

yeldar2097
27th September 2009, 11:55 PM
haha I'm sure you were super
angry on Ubermall with that bomb ...

If that was on the first lap (it was either you or lux), then it hit me - right on the nose :P

who cares :g

Luxoflux
28th September 2009, 01:57 PM
Lol, tbh i cant remember hitting a friendly bomb on uber. I do remember that Leech beam though :g It nearly killed me

Perhaps Saturn's vids got the answer about that bomb

Mad-Ice
28th September 2009, 03:34 PM
Well done pirates! I felt so bad last night! Indeed Saturn I think we have been sabotaged, lol Now I feel much better especially, that we have won this match against the French.

Semi-finals here we come. BTW: big up for Kaori for being the fastest Frenchman of the night.

yeldar2097
28th September 2009, 03:44 PM
Lol, tbh i cant remember hitting a friendly bomb on uber.

I certainly do, I swore VERY loudly :lol

Connavar
30th September 2009, 10:58 AM
Haha so you received it? Yeah it was at the very beginning of the race, I had
the reflex of protecting myself after doing that mini shortcut and then I thought
OOPS there are teammates just behind me (let's hope they can avoid that one)

yeldar2097
30th September 2009, 11:32 AM
3rd to 8th in the blink of an eye :eek

:lol

SaturnReturn
30th September 2009, 05:12 PM
Guess who's undefeated on Ubermall. :D (Forward obviously, I fall to pieces on reverse [Oops! I thinkI gave it away :P]).

Mad-Ice
13th October 2009, 05:29 PM
I would really like to be there against team England on sunday, but I am in Oslo without my PS3. So if you all like me to be there? Can we play on coming friday?

SaturnReturn
14th October 2009, 12:41 AM
Let me know what time Mad-Ice and I will see who else is available.

Mad-Ice
14th October 2009, 09:37 AM
Fridaynight from 19:30h untill late. I hope everyone is available!?

djKyoto
14th October 2009, 10:03 AM
Good luck agaisnt those plucky brits. :D

OBH
14th October 2009, 11:57 AM
Id reccomend pming Amorbis, Andybob, Greenix, hellfire and xBARNSTERx through your ps3. You'll get a quicker responces that way, i think they all think its sunday.

Greenix
14th October 2009, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately I've already made commitments for Friday night so you'll have to hope none of the other england chaps are busy if you still want to race then. We can still just reschedule for a later day before Hellfire goes on holiday?

yeldar2097
14th October 2009, 08:45 PM
No friday for me

Mad-Ice
15th October 2009, 04:57 PM
Who is going to race on sunday for the :pirates?

SaturnReturn
15th October 2009, 05:40 PM
Available are: SaturnReturn, yeldar2097, Luxoflux, AnErare, Connavar.

Connavar doesn't feel too confident in his skill as I don't think he's playing much at the moment. I'm thinking he could be backup?

Taking England down would probably be easier with you there Mad-Ice. I'm not sure what to do. Either we can try and arrange a time when you are available or we can just go for it. What does everyone think?

yeldar2097
15th October 2009, 07:20 PM
i might not be available on sunday and i might be around on friday.
go for friday so at least mad will be there

SaturnReturn
15th October 2009, 09:58 PM
Connavar can't do Friday, neither can Luxoflux. I have to stay late at work as I was late this morning. (It was the train's fault, not mine, honest) Not sure exactly when I'll get back. I think Friday is a worse option.

If we want there's always next weekend, if England are willing. I don't think I'll be going away now so I'll probably be around. I think that if it's not this coming weekend then it should not be later than the next weekend. But we need to be sure about next weekend if it's an option so that we're not messing England around as I think they're ready and willing etc.

So everyone - we have team for Sunday 18th. But no Mad-Ice. :( I need everyone's availability for say, Friday 23rd-25th. If it looks like a viable option I'll see if it's OK with England.

yeldar2097
15th October 2009, 10:16 PM
Not next week, not here

Hellfire_WZ
18th October 2009, 08:31 AM
What's the news guys, are we on for tonight?

SaturnReturn
18th October 2009, 12:04 PM
Yup, we're on for tonight. :+

TarotCardKiller
20th October 2009, 01:29 PM
congrats on the win. When would TFD want to race again ?

yeldar2097
20th October 2009, 06:17 PM
If you're racing, never - you with your evil "i know, i'll slow down and blow yeldar to **** with three rockets" tactics :P

love you really ^_^

djKyoto
21st October 2009, 12:07 AM
Best wishes against those Americans in the finales. :)

TarotCardKiller
23rd October 2009, 05:13 AM
We should work on setting a date/time for the match. This weekend is out of the question. We might not be able to do it next weekend as it's Halloween weekend. Do Europeans celebrate Halloween?

yeldar, you gotta do what you gotta do =]

Connavar
23rd October 2009, 10:33 AM
I don't think I'll be online much till november ... don't know about you guys?

Mad-Ice
23rd October 2009, 11:17 AM
Yihaa! We won. Congrats to the Dutch pirates. Looking forward to the next race.

SaturnReturn
24th October 2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks Mad-Ice. Still can't believe we're in the final. :D

I'll start asking around for availability next weekend.

TarotCardKiller
28th October 2009, 01:52 PM
We can't do weekdays. Saturday and Sunday are best; what is your team's availability for next weekend ? I'll get back to you.

SaturnReturn
28th October 2009, 06:20 PM
Weekend of 31st October/1st November is no good for us. I'll check for 7th/8th November.

Mad-Ice
8th December 2009, 04:45 PM
It's been a long time! The end of this year is coming close and also the final of the WWC 2009! It has been fun and tough to get the ball rolling and we have learned a lot.

Now we only need to get 8 pilots on the same time together on the grid. 4 from Team Nawty and 4 of the Flying Dutchmen.

On these times I will be available:

-13th of December on Sunday, anytime of day.
-18th of December on Fridaynight
-19th of December during the day
-20th of December during the day and night
-21st untill 23rd of December, anytime

After these data I will be in Kenya untill the beginning of the new year. Ok guys, just let me know, when we can get this match online.

Greetz Mad-Ice

AnErare
8th December 2009, 05:54 PM
Because I've been stupid and negligent with my dsl connection I no longer have one.. I'm online now with my desktop through T-mobile but have not been able to get the ps3 online this way. Not that I'm expecting umts performance to be game-worthy..

But this means I have no dsl for a few weeks so I wont be able to race at all, or stand backup :/ In my opinion we should be able to arrange for a final without need for a backup anyway ;)

I'm really sorry guys! :paperbag

yeldar2097
8th December 2009, 06:08 PM
Hang on, what about avalon? If you're not there I will cry and cry and cry til rocky comes to smack me :P

AnErare
9th December 2009, 05:27 PM
Not sure yet..

I've called the guys and the voice computer tells me I'm back online the 28th, but when I ask the orderdesk they tell me it's the 16th!

The frontoffice cant say for sure what I should expect.. So I'll be calling them daily to keep tabs and generally annoy them. And become very poor because their servicenumber isn't free of charge ;p

We'll see..

If I cant attend avalon I'm going to weep in front of their office, you might want to join me Yel ;)

Connavar
10th January 2010, 01:15 AM
Hi guys, I think we should organize a few international friendlies, you see, just
to remain somewhat competitive, this time with Fury tracks too :)