PDA

View Full Version : If you can't get your PS2, to play Wipeout 3 what, Do U do?

DJ Techno
20th November 2002, 07:11 PM
If can not get your playstation 2, to play wipeout 3, and you have tried everything, except throw it out the window, the game and the PS2.

What is the best thing you can do do, without getting angry?

Task
20th November 2002, 11:00 PM
Well, the first thing you can "do do" is study english. :lol:
Considering how much you type, it's surprising that your level of eloquence is so low.
Anyway, all joking aside, you can try out the different PSX driver options in the PS2 menu. Start up the PS2 with no disk and you can go change the settings on disc spin speed (there's "normal" and "fast") and the texture mapping ("normal" and "smooth"). Clean the disc, that helps too.

DJ Techno
21st November 2002, 02:59 PM
When it the PS2 loads or try and read the disk, all I get is a clicking sound from the PS2.
If the laser can read all other video games, but not read Wipeout 3.
Is it a faulty laser?
or a problem with the disk?

It's cleaned 4 times with disk cleaner formula and a rag or a clean cloth.

auslander
21st November 2002, 03:35 PM
Most likely, it's a disk problem. Try to borrow / return / rent or somehow get a hold of a new copy of wipeout 3 and see if it helps.

aus!

Synthetic Consciousness
13th July 2003, 06:22 AM
[If you can't get your PS2, to play Wipeout 3 what, Do U do?]

Act a fool!! 8)

Sorry...couldn't resist it! :lol:

NiktheGreek
19th July 2003, 08:46 AM
For a start, I'd be wondering why I had a PS2 in the first place...

jmoid
17th September 2003, 09:02 PM
This is a bit of a late reply but I bought some disc repair polish stuff off Ebay and it actually worked, on a copy of SSX that used to crash every time I tried to race on a certain track, and on copies of W3 and 2097 that played OK but on which the music would skip. Might be worth a try:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3719&item=3046064312

yuusen
22nd January 2004, 03:28 PM
_
you got rid of your psx!?
you threw out a hallmark in gaming history, the womb of the wipEout series!?
sheesh...
_
¥

Piranha Advancements
22nd January 2004, 05:01 PM
By the way,if DRE's get the best of you and the damn thing makes that grinding noises and scratches your disc,call Sony or get a new one.

Don't be like me and try to repair it yourself.Even with a Faq,I ended up killing it.And weirdly,I enjoyed putting misery on the defenseless faulty PS2 and kept on poking the lens and whatnots.

Now that I have a quieter and faster SCPH-50 006 model,life is good and less violent if you have cash to spare...hyuk hyuk