PDA

View Full Version : times database and pal users

JABBERJAW
20th November 2002, 01:05 AM
the time database is fully updated. WE need much more pal users for the contest. get your friends if you must. Where are all the pal users? Certainly we can get a lot for wipeout 3. Maybe someone could email dave pegg and the boye, or even [:CAZ]

infoxicated
20th November 2002, 08:31 AM
When I go back to Scotland at xmas I'm going to liberate my copy of Wipeout 3 from my little brother. It's a bit of a bitch that I deleted my old W3 save when I got Wipeout 3 SE, but I guess I can work my way through it again.

At least I didn't delete it like Nuwie did! ;) :P (Seems weird to call him Nathie :-? )

It will be kind of hard to raise the level of pilots in the tables... how do you get people interested in a game for a last generation console that was released more than three years ago... hard work...

xEik
20th November 2002, 11:15 AM
Where are all the pal users?1000 Km away from home? :P

Having the original, 2097 and 3 I would have been glad to participate but no luck for me. :(

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Wamdue
20th November 2002, 04:30 PM
well, I get home from school around 17.00, relax and eat for 2 hours, then I start playing practice clanwars / leagues in cs til like 23-00.00 then sleep. So I got no real time for the contest, and Id need a big amount of it to get myself in good shape again and perform good times.

DJ Techno
20th November 2002, 05:55 PM
Wamdue-Try what I do before I play? You'll gain energy

The tournament needs some more PAL players.
Has anybody been asking around the WipeoutFusion board? Rachel, Stin, any of those people responded.

Tried but little reply, or just they will be introducing themselves coming to the last week of the tournament. Wipeout Fusion?

Lance
20th November 2002, 05:58 PM
ah.. so cs is more important to you than [sniffle] ... wipeout. sigh.
we've lost him, fellas. ;)

you eat for two HOURS?! yikes! so what are you up to, about 150 kilos now? [Lance goes to check on his own weightage.... hm.. up to 54.5 kilos. woohoo! i dropped to just under 52 for a few days last week; that was not good. all those fig bars and ginger snaps brought me back.]
Wam, you don't seem to have any skating time scheduled; is it too cold and snowy now?

zargz
20th November 2002, 06:57 PM
the time database is fully updated.

not rEAlly yet!

my times r stll wrong on Phenitia park And Spilskinanke .. :-? :x :evil: :roll:

JABBERJAW
20th November 2002, 07:15 PM
I didn't have time until now to fix it. I didn't know you updated your times, I had written them down on a piece of paper for figuring.

infoxicated
20th November 2002, 08:39 PM
Sorry, but let me get this straight - it looks like I misunderstood you above, I thought you were talking about the Wipeout 3 tables on this site, not DJ Techno's competition.

On the day that this site becomes www.DJTechno'sWipeoutCompetitionZone.com then you can start a different topic every time you want to prompt people to enter it, OKAY?

Until that day, keep the discussion to THE ARENA and keep it in the umpteen threads already created for the purpose as this is borderline spam now. :evil:

It's been advertised here for over a month, there are more than enough threads going and if people haven't entered by now then the chances are they aren't going to or they don't have the earlier versions of the game available to them.

Jesus, like I need an excuse to get pissed off with this place at the moment - these forums are starting to look like a teenagers bedroom FFS!

zargz
21st November 2002, 12:47 AM
al: ok. 8)

foxy: :o

:P

Wamdue
21st November 2002, 06:36 AM
haha lance, wipeout is still important ;) theres a reason my hdds are named Piranha, Feisar and XIOS :D

I dont eat for 2 hours, but I definetly need some time off from computers , Im using computers almost all day in school and when I get home its the same.
About the skating, well, its definetly too cold now but I wouldnt skate anyway.
I got injured bad so many times that I started to feel scared of what might happen, and
some friends moved to other cities, some concentrated on school etc.. the whole uhm
"gang" just split up naturally. I used to miss the skating, but not anymore. I tend to find
one intrest, and then go in for it completly, during my inline skating time I found computers
, cs, illustration etc, So I made a "change of heart" ;)

Wich Wipeout version is being played in the contest now?

zargz
21st November 2002, 11:37 AM
wipeout64

Lance
21st November 2002, 12:52 PM
Rob, i apologise for not noticing that this topic was started in general discussion instead of the arena. [the one flaw that i notice in the current version of BB's program is that even though the display block of the most recent posts is a great convenience, it reduces awareness of individual topics and also results in stickytopics not being seen] [but that does not excuse my failure to notice]

even aside from infox's objection to this topic being in this area of the forums, the comments have wandered totally away from the topic [and yes, i'm guilty of doing it, too] while PAL pilots have had plenty of time to respond to the call for more participation, almost none have. in fact, this topic should have been about the fall-off in the general level of activity amongst the PAL pilots, when it comes to actually playing the game for best racetimes. even though the north americans have actually increased in numbers and activity on the wipeoutzone WO3 times tables over the course of the last few months despite the flurry of interest in Fusion, the members from other regions don't seem to have recovered their interest. is this a difference in their approach to games, a need for novelty rather than seeking perfection? or is it just an accidental phase? i know xeik would be competing with zargz for number one positions on the tables if he could, but aside from them, very few, if any, of the other PAL pilots seem to be currently interested in actual competition for best times in wipeout. they seem to have drifted away, at least temporarily. i'm curious about the reasons. anybody got any answers?

lunar
23rd November 2002, 05:16 PM
Too many other games, Lance. I was just getting into the tables here when PES2 came out - and that`s me in footie hell for at least six months. But I WILL get into the Wip3out tables seriously sometime, and I`m sure a lot of Pal people will again or for the first time. Wipeout lasts forever if you really love it, there`s no hurry. And one day there might not be so many decent PS2 games available.

I think a simpler competition than the DJ Techno challenge might get people interested. :D

Lance
23rd November 2002, 05:37 PM
:)
there have been a lot of simple ones, and after this big one is over, i'll probably start one, but a really comprehensive challenge is an interesting change of pace

zargz
24th November 2002, 02:52 AM
and where Xactly is Cotswolds? :-?

Lance
24th November 2002, 06:40 AM
it's the region of the UK just to the east of the city of Bristol in the southwest part of England. or somewhere around there. ;)
east of the Severn River, anyway.

Morgan sports cars are made in a little place called Malvern Link, which i think may be in the Cotswolds, but i'm not sure.