PDA

View Full Version : my new wipeout edge game idea

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 09:15 PM
My Wipeout

This is my first attempt at this…So no laughing.
These are my ideas for a new Wipeout game..

I’ll call it Wipeout Edge

Changes and additions will be as follows

Weapon pads will go and will be replaced with weapon slots on ships. Ships will have to arm themselves before the race begins.
Bigger ships have more weapon slots than smaller ships but will suffer with poorer handling.
Big weapons take up more slots than smaller weapons
Players can save their favourite configuration of weapons so they can jump straight into a game without having to arm their ship.
Weapons are hot keyed to either stick or d-pad

Shields won’t protect the ship against all weapons maybe things like plasma and quake
For rockets the only way to defend would be to fire a decoy out of the ship to detonate it. This will make defence more reliant on reflexes and picking the right defence for the right attack.

Pilots have hand gun and new mini-mode in game play is drive by shooting where you can shoot from the side of your ship and try to kill off the pilot. It would have to be really hard to do but if successful you get to eliminate the racer straight away. When you drive beside the other racer you can use a side view button and manual aim your gun and shoot the pilot dead.

Custom ships and upgrades.

Loyalty points replaced with money to buy new custom parts

Each team has multiple pilots.
You choose your ship and your pilot each pilot will slightly affect the way the ship performs.

Example pick pilot A and weapons have more chance of a hit
Pick pilot B and barrel rolls are easier to pull off.

You can have custom pilots and maybe they can gain experience from being used to play.

Ships get ship damage which can be seen with bits falling of ship. Performance is affected with great damage.

Tracks

I would make a track with traps in it like giant doors that come up and down. Lasers that shoot at ships that pass. During the race one racer could ram another racer into a trap

Circular magnestrips tubes with 360% movement loaded with speed pads for mega speed.

Super jumps which require precision landings

New manoeuvre (Loop the loop)

Racer can do loop the loop and get behind another racer that was up their ass and shoot them off the track.

On screen rear view box so u can see what’s happening all the time. No more view switching and crashing.

Cockpit view you can se the cockpit of your ship with all the controls and flashing lights and cool warning sounds .the dashboard interacts with the gameplay. For wide screen TV’s stretch this view so you can see out of side windows.

Custom ship skins. Full custom not lame pallet swap rubbish.

Plus plenty of other things but I can’t think of them at the moment..

What do you think of my idea and why ?????:nod:nod

Lance
6th August 2009, 09:37 PM
Seems too much trouble to go to for the people who just want to race, so I would suggest two basic modes, one with all the customisations and pre-race weapon selections [which might be better suited for offline solo play because it would tend to consume racing time] and the other mode with basic ships that don't have custom selection so action can start right away and ranking and progress would be easier to track, and would also be a purer test of pilot skill plus or minus racing luck.

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 10:31 PM
Too true lance..:nod:nod

thats why i said you could have a save configuration option so you can load up and go straight online without having to set up your ship every game.

Lance
6th August 2009, 11:45 PM
That would be insufficient as a second mode since it still requires the I just wanna race group to spend time customising and tuning their ship to avoid getting whomped. Should be an entirely separate mode.

Aeroracer
7th August 2009, 12:04 AM
Fair point..but it was my first try at game design:nod

Frances_Penfold
7th August 2009, 05:54 AM
I have a suggestion-- do NOT use the word "edge" :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Langdell

http://kotaku.com/5317360/effort-begun-to-remove-trademark-troll-from-igda-board

http://tigsource.com/articles/2009/05/29/tim-langdell-the-edge-of-insanity

Vartazian
7th August 2009, 09:22 AM
sounds more like a Full Auto type game then wipeout.

The Primary spect should be racing, hell 3/4 modes in Wipeout are racing over Damage.

Aeroracer
9th August 2009, 12:25 AM
@Francis.....Intersting stuff there about Tim Langdell...people like him make our world the way it is.Hopefullly he will pass away soon and do the world a favour.:nod:nod

@Vart....Yes my idea would take a lot of the race out of wipeout...luckily for you i do not work for team liverpool:p:p:p