PDA

View Full Version : Your most pathetic moment in WipeoutHD

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 02:25 PM
Whats your most pathetic or embarrasing moment you have experienced while playing Wipeout HD.:dizzy:dizzy

Mine are

1 Losing a online venom race.I didnt even get a DNF i got a DNS "Did not start" cos my pad died on the start line just as the race was about to start.

2 Taking over 3 hours to finish a single game of the zone cos i talk to much and still didnt get to zone zeus

3 The most pathetic moment has to be getting killed on a speed lap.I was under the impression it was impossible to die on speed laps, but somehow i managedto pull it off

XBARNSTERX
6th August 2009, 02:36 PM
3 The most pathetic moment has to be getting killed on a speed lap.I was under the impression it was impossible to die on speed laps, but somehow i managedto pull it off

How on earth did you manage that lmao, its not possible surely.

TheDukeZip
6th August 2009, 02:46 PM
Dying in Zone on Syncopia at Zone 10 -- I'm was pretty aggressive with my barrel rolls on the first few laps resulting in shield of 0 and accidentally tapped the wall around the last turn :brickwall

stever
6th August 2009, 02:54 PM
falling off Syncopia in Zone Mode repeatedly after respawning and then somehow ending up going the wrong way around the track... not very helpful on Zone :clap

IH8YOU
6th August 2009, 04:17 PM
boosting past motorsagmannen just before the finish line, getting shot and eliminated by a SINGLE ROUND from his cannon ( also his last bullet ) watching chunks of my Auricom fly across the finish line, and respawning just in time for 5th place. Awesome yet pathetic.

username
6th August 2009, 04:21 PM
Anulpha pass - Went to go the top way, but lost control, and decided to take the fatter lower path. However bashed into a support beam and was thrown backwards a few 100 feet or so! and it was online mode lol

sny
6th August 2009, 04:32 PM
I was en route to getting the 'Comeback King' badge online after getting plasmafied in the first lap and reclaiming first spot on Chenghou Project phantom, and on the last lap, with 2 seconds advantage over the closest craft, I barrel rolled off the big drop before the final chicane... and missed the track entirely. Ended up in 6th place.

SaturnReturn
6th August 2009, 05:57 PM
I caught mine on video. I'm really not sure anyone can beat this:

Lap 3 - 54 seconds - SR take's a trip down Saturn's Cave (as named by JJPAP) (http://www.wegame.com/watch/Team_Nordic_vs_The_Flying_Dutchmen_WipEout_HD_Vine ta_K_Reverse/)

sny
6th August 2009, 06:24 PM
I've heard of head-banging to music, but ship-banging? That's new. :lol

Darkdrium777
6th August 2009, 06:43 PM
Being first in an online race on Talons Junction Reverse.
Coming up to the start line on lap four.
Touching the left wall just a little.
Hitting the only spot where the wall collisions are ****ed up on Talons Junction.
Flying upwards for fifty million years, three people pass you.
Use your turbo while in the air to try to catch up again.
Somehow the start/finish line panel is solid, unlike on the normal HD tracks.
Hit it, bounce backwards again.
By now everyone has passed you.

Finish the race in sixth place.

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 07:13 PM
wow some really pathetic moments there.

Dying on syncopia at zone 10:clap:clap

Saturns pit stop down the bottom of a pit.(could he have done that if he wanted too...probally not)

DD pathetic moment wasnt too pathetic cos to still came 5th shows he is great at comebacks.

better than DNS (did not start..like i got online):nod:nod

Darkdrium777
6th August 2009, 07:32 PM
I forgot to say there were only six people in the race. I finished last.

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 08:00 PM
lol....that was a truley pathetic moment then :p

Spece2goin
6th August 2009, 08:08 PM
wanted to drop bomb to protect from incoming missile
but did it too late, bomb not dropped, missile destroyed me, and my destroyed ship went into mines.
then respawning near a weapon pad, i wanna drop bomb to get my new weapon (and not finish last) and go
but my engines were still down when i respawned because of the mines i hit when i died(btw that needs a fix!)
so, bomb dropped on my own face xD then i was rammed by the last contender = destroyed 2 times!
nice firework! i should have absorbed

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 08:19 PM
lol thats super pathetic.

jimsin
6th August 2009, 09:18 PM
I think my most pathetic moment was in one of my first eliminator races - I dropped mines, flipped 180 degrees, then drifted backwards into my own mines and destroyed myself. *cringe*

You ask all the best questions Jasmin! :D

Edit: Actually, just realised I posted this wrong. I flipped 180 degrees, then went FORWARDS over my own mines and destroyed myself - even more pathetic :S

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 09:22 PM
Lol i see you watched my eliminator tutorial..i am the best player in the world at flying over my own droped weapons..:nod:nod

sny
6th August 2009, 10:25 PM
LOL! Almost the exact same thing happened to me on Talon's Junction too, Darkdrium777, but it was during the 8-round tournament on phantom speed on the last grid. First I got thrown up a mile into the air, and - in a moment of supreme enlightenment - I performed a barrel roll to try and make up for the 5 second loss that bounce would mean. Well, the speed boost was just good enough to launch me off the track and somehow I respawned facing a speed pad that would keep throwing me off the track (much like the one before the drop on Chenghou Project). By the time I got out of the chaotic vicious cycle, I was down to 8th from 1st, with 10 seconds to make up. Then came the plasma that hit me in the very same tournament on Modesto Reverse while I was behind(!) the AI ship that fired it, and ended up getting rammed to death.

At that moment, for the first time, I threw my controller (not at the cat, though, 'twas just some pillows), something I never thought I'd do. :rolleyes::evil

All in all, I only managed bronze in the tournament due to these two dismal races, but the second try saw me get elite gold by a convincing 15-point margin.

SaturnReturn
6th August 2009, 10:26 PM
I thought I'd have no competition, but sny, username, jimsin and TheDukeZip are all tough competition. I think I've been beaten.

Darkdrium777's and Spece2goin's are more just insanely unfortunate. But still entertaining :).

Vartazian
6th August 2009, 11:33 PM
I over compensated on Modesto Reverse once on the final turn, got turned around and raced a lap backwards before realizing that I Was racing the wrong way.

Aeroracer
7th August 2009, 12:07 AM
Hahahaha...
Now thats what im talking about. A truley pathetic moment..made even more pathetic as you are one of the best players around and bought into doing a whole lap the wrong way around:nod:nod:nod

Can anyone really top that one.:clap

Syntek
7th August 2009, 03:39 AM
Agreed, how the hell can you not realize you were going the wrong way an entire lap?

IH8YOU
7th August 2009, 04:06 AM
Most pathetic moment - oh wait - I actually found it. :dizzy

Motorsagmannen
7th August 2009, 04:09 AM
lol yeah epic, even more pathetic for me. i lost :P.

Darkdrium777
7th August 2009, 04:10 AM
What the ****, a 51 minutes race?

RedScar
7th August 2009, 04:22 AM
o.O Crazy
1) When ever I race against a wiper I fail hardcore, so lets just say that.

Darkdrium777
7th August 2009, 04:28 AM
Venom, 20 laps, no weapons or what??? :lol

IH8YOU
7th August 2009, 04:34 AM
That information is classified.

Classified as utterly sad, that is...

alexk9
7th August 2009, 11:58 PM
I caught mine on video. I'm really not sure anyone can beat this:

Lap 3 - 54 seconds - SR take's a trip down Saturn's Cave (as named by JJPAP) (http://www.wegame.com/watch/Team_Nordic_vs_The_Flying_Dutchmen_WipEout_HD_Vine ta_K_Reverse/)

That looks harsh!

crawdad62
8th August 2009, 03:26 PM
Last night. The whole night. Didn't matter what I did. I came in last every race. Eliminator? Last? Single race? Last. Tournament? Last. Didn't matter which speed class or who I was racing against. I got last every time.

kaori
8th August 2009, 03:33 PM
Most pathetic moment - oh wait - I actually found it. :dizzy

Sideshift race ?

Spece2goin
8th August 2009, 08:02 PM
taht would be truely pathetic! but fun with more players!

SaturnReturn
9th August 2009, 05:22 PM
That looks harsh!

It was. I'd completely forgotten what happened later on in that video (http://www.wegame.com/watch/Team_Nordic_vs_The_Flying_Dutchmen_WipEout_HD_Vine ta_K_Reverse/) too. At about 1min30secs I find myself humping the wall in the second tunnel, and then at 1min45secs I did exactly the same as the first thing at 54 secs all over again:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall. I thought one or two people here had me beaten on the pathetic moment front, but after seeing myself do it twice in the same race, I'm really not so sure. I wonder if that was the day I stopped using FEISAR.:|

crawdad62
9th August 2009, 05:35 PM
Man that's some self restraint having those missiles locked on and absorbing them. I absorb a lot of stuff but I don't think I could when I have such a clean shot.:clap

SaturnReturn
9th August 2009, 05:40 PM
Hehe, well when I suck so bad myself, it would be unfair to take it out on my teammates. ;)

KGB
9th August 2009, 06:21 PM
Has to be a doubles match against Saturn and TCK. Out of 16 races I didn't win a single one :paperbag.

I don't think I have recovered yet from that. I've never raced another one since. Infact they pushed me into semi-retirement. Bastards :p.

SaturnReturn
9th August 2009, 11:26 PM
Aw :( Come back KGB. I haven't seen you around much at all recently. I wouldn't say that was pathetic anyway. I've been in other doubles matches where I haven't done too well and TCK has shown me up. All it takes is for one person to have an off day while the other is on form and the results can swing heavily in one's favour.

Anyway, I'm glad to see your name popping up a bit more on the forums again. :)

shapealot
11th August 2009, 09:29 PM
XBARNSTERX showed me how to cut the first right hander on ubermall forward phantom with no boost then went home for a few online races with him. 1st track we end up racing is ubermall so thinking "ill show him a thing or two" i hit the pad got some air barrel rolled an fell to me death, i realised then that the corner cut didnt work on venom :?

Aeroracer
11th August 2009, 11:15 PM
No super pathetic moment.......

I was playing wipeout pulse today.....yes i know this is HD but i cant be starting a identical throead elsewhere..

Anyway i was really doing bad at game losing every race time attack...everything..i got so annoyed i just didnt want to play anymore as i accepted i suk at the game.so i threw psp.. Anyway later when i calmed dosn i played again and suddenly realised when i looked at my ship i had both air brakes configured to one button...:dizzy:dizzy

I fixed it so air brakes were on both buttons now i win everything..it took whole day to work this out..:donut:donut:donut:donut:donut:donut

Is there anyone who has done anything dummer than that.

LOUDandPROUD
12th August 2009, 04:29 PM
I highly doubt it...congratulations, you've just won the Supreme Dumbness Award! :nod:clap:p

Aeroracer
12th August 2009, 09:04 PM
lol :dizzy:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

IDReaper
12th August 2009, 10:54 PM
I've had one recently, was in a game on Sebenco Rev. I was fighting to stay in first and I blow up just before the finish because my shields were gone from br. I tapped the part where the wall bend in slightly just befor the final curve. I finished in fourth of about 6. TT oh well.

brummpahh
12th August 2009, 11:48 PM
I can top Jasmins dumbness award.
Raced 1 hour last week, loosing every single race.
Had a sign on me: kick me! (and they did...)

Then i saw, my grandson turned pilot assist on, when he
visited that day.
It was to see in the middle below and i did NOT check it:!
feck feck feck.

turned it off and kicked some xss.:rock

LOUDandPROUD
13th August 2009, 02:23 AM
Yes, that's pretty dumb too, but I don't think you've quite robbed Jasmin of her award. :p

brummpahh
13th August 2009, 07:51 PM
Hi LOUDandPROUD,

as you are the inventor of this award,
i fail to contradict you :beer

Someone else here about to reveal his/her most
pathetic moments in WO ?

LOUDandPROUD
13th August 2009, 08:21 PM
LOL brummpahh :)

I know I've had many pathetic moments, but I'm having trouble remembering my most pathetic moment. While I continue mulling that over, I'll present you with a pathetic moment(s) that does come to mind:

The many times I've chosen to use a turbo in a spot where I know to absolutely NOT use it, resulting in my ship smashing into a wall or ceiling. This has occurred on Ubermall, Sebenco and Chengou, for sure. Just as I finish hitting the button, I always think to myself, "Why did I do that?!". Impatience? Stubborness? Stupidity? Regardless of the answer, it is a truly pathetic maneuver. :dizzy

Aeroracer
13th August 2009, 08:24 PM
happened quite a while ago but its still pathetic..Couldnt play wipeout hd cos i couldnt find the disk.
I was only fooled for about 15 minutes before i discovered there was never a disk...i downloaded it.

To be honest i personally think the most pathetic moment has to be Vart crashing and completing the whole race backwards..wow thats dumb.:nod:nod.even i wouldnt fall for that one.

CJS
25th August 2009, 12:45 PM
AP, Zone 56. 08% shields. Get to end of raised bridge. Smash into wall above track. Goodnight.
I can't understand how everyone except me sees AP as a Zone Zeus track

DISRUPTOR
25th August 2009, 02:48 PM
Getting the Gemini trophy. I did not have anyone to play against so I set player 2 to pilot assist and used my foot to hold in the acceleration.
My pathetic moment was I lost a race, being beaten by my foot in conjunction with Pilot assist.:bomb

Vartazian
25th August 2009, 11:03 PM
Good too know poeple still think im the dumbest ;)

Kaede
20th September 2009, 11:35 PM
One time on an Chenghou Project offline race, I crashed very badly and my ship began pointing down nearly orthogonally, hitting continously against the track.
If I remember well, it was on that loong curve just before the tunnel (not the long tunnel just before the starting line, the very short tunnel before that one)
It stayed like that for about 10-20 seconds, while about every contender was passing me.

I should've earned some stunt trophy for that !:p

edit : terrible typo

Subsonic Retinal Burn
22nd September 2009, 01:14 AM
Got a few, but the worst I can think of just now is during my first run around metropia on phantom I overshot the same turn and smashed off the same pillar 4 out of the 5 laps. Did a lot of backwards distance off that pillar :(.

Mietepiet
22nd September 2009, 08:31 AM
My pathetic moment was reaching zone 74 a million times on Syncopia for Zeus attemps.
One try I automatically started barrel rolling after a perfect lap @zone 72 :(

edit: and 1 try my time was 12:30.32 where zone 75 starts @12:30.00. Didn't got my trophy on that one, luckily I could just hold on and not destroying my controller and TV

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd September 2009, 11:37 AM
Mine had to be an online race on Sol 2 Reverse. I hit 2 out of 5 mines and fell off the edge. I respawned and hit the 3rd and 4th mine, and fell off again. Then, I fell off for a 3rd time after respawning and hitting the 5th mine!

ProblemSolver
2nd November 2009, 05:36 PM
"... most pathetic moment in WipeoutHD...."? Watching ads over and over again.

http://www.consolewars.de/messageboard/images/smilies/puke.gifads

Gusto-Pastel
2nd November 2009, 06:58 PM
Either launching myself off the same point in Metropia Reverse about 6 times in a row, or turboing off the bump in the track in the middle section of Ubermall, sailing beautifully over the chicane, and then instead of landing back on the track, smacking the wall above with enough force to send me back to where I started.

IDReaper
2nd November 2009, 09:32 PM
I think I can now say with confidence that I have a terrible habit of hitting all the places that pop your ship into the air. I always do it when I have the lead too. Oh yeah and adds.

http://www.consolewars.de/messageboard/images/smilies/puke.gifads

Unless they're Red Bull. Then we're good.:+

MetaKraken
2nd November 2009, 09:45 PM
My most pathetic moments are... you know what it is. It's Zico-related.

JaLK
3rd November 2009, 02:04 AM
I managed to be turned upside down at the hairpin in the Amphiseum. Was boosting to avoid a missile, hit the wall sideways and flipped over. Then the game thought it would be nice to respawn me upside. Again and again and again. I eventually cursed aloud and left the game.

Koleax
3rd November 2009, 02:54 AM
Mine was very similar, boosting over the magstrip in Amphiseum a little too early, hitting the overhang, and falling backwards. Lost about 30 seconds? It felt pretty long.

If anyone wants to make fun of the Fury AG-Systems, use this picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091027_233140.jpg

Although, on a different lap, I actually boosted even further and went through the top of the building, taking several very interesting pictures of different parts of the track. Normally they can't be seen all together, so it puts things into perspective and proportion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091027_225835.jpg

The distance between pathetic and cool can be so close sometimes. "Oh yeah, uh, I meant to do that." :)

JaLK
3rd November 2009, 03:42 AM
Mine was very similar, boosting over the magstrip in Amphiseum a little too early, hitting the overhang, and falling backwards. Lost about 30 seconds? It felt pretty long.

If anyone wants to make fun of the Fury AG-Systems, use this picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091027_233140.jpg

Although, on a different lap, I actually boosted even further and went through the top of the building, taking several very interesting pictures of different parts of the track. Normally they can't be seen all together, so it puts things into perspective and proportion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091027_225835.jpg

The distance between pathetic and cool can be so close sometimes. "Oh yeah, uh, I meant to do that." :)

Yeah. Though I'm sure we would be hard pressed to try and repeat those stunts on purpose.

Zitrax
3rd November 2009, 08:30 AM
My most pathetic moments are... you know what it is. It's Zico-related.

Mine too, I managed to do a 99 lap race trying to barrel roll up the ramp on every single lap with just 1 successful try and 98 fails :mad: and of course it's still the only trophy I lack.

And yesterday I managed to blow up three times in the tunnel on modesto heights on the first lap, first due to a lot of collision with other ships in the start then mines two times in a row.

Gusto-Pastel
3rd November 2009, 09:29 AM
I managed to be turned upside down at the hairpin in the Amphiseum. Was boosting to avoid a missile, hit the wall sideways and flipped over. Then the game thought it would be nice to respawn me upside. Again and again and again. I eventually cursed aloud and left the game.

Oh gawd yeah. One time when trying to beat Zico, I ended up off the track and it spawned me, reliably, upside down every single time I fell off there.

yeldar2097
3rd November 2009, 10:23 AM
Can I just clarify (again) that you don't need the roll onto the overpass to beat Zico :)

Zitrax
3rd November 2009, 10:28 AM
I know.. but I have not really tried without as I have been so far off anyway.

MetaKraken
3rd November 2009, 03:26 PM
IDK why would online players want to destroy my AG-SYS Fury for no reason. Maybe because theyr'e just jealous because they ahve never tried the AG-SYS Fury before? Icaras is the weakest ship ever, yet they (online players) don't even know it.

Gusto-Pastel
3rd November 2009, 06:57 PM
It's just OMG SO FAST. And then I zip by them in a Piranha after raping them with a missile.

il_mago_di_Doz
3rd November 2009, 08:31 PM
Ok I have the answer!!!!
It happened yesterday....
I was just guoing to win a phantom race at Chengou fwd after 4 and a half great laps :+. Final lap, last chicane ...

stay calm.... cold and mercyless... this is it ... just don't freak out!
ok, I got a bomb. Just drop it. So bastard, I've already won!
I don't care, just dropped the pack.
Left side-shift to take the boost-pads and ....
NNNOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I jump the fence and say hello to the fans ... :blarg
If that isn't enough, I just respawn a millimiter before my beautiful bomb and Kaboom!
The End :|:|:|

Gusto-Pastel
4th November 2009, 09:37 AM
Derp derp derp, that's it, show the fans some love :D

mizunoori
6th November 2009, 11:09 AM
I was wondering if my own weapons can hurt me. Now I know, they can.
Boosting right in your own plasmashot isnĀ“t very clever ^^

yeldar2097
6th November 2009, 11:13 AM
How the?! What the?! eh?!
This is why we need video replays...I'd love to see that :+

Constrictor
6th November 2009, 11:42 AM
"I've seen things you little people wouldn't believe." - quoted from one of the best movies ever - is what comes in my mind when I read this plasma stunt story.

@mizunoori: You made this up, don't you?

Lance
6th November 2009, 12:07 PM
And to think that he was only 4 [?] years old when he said it. More precocious than Rimbaud, even. :)

mizunoori
6th November 2009, 01:38 PM
@yeldar: It was a just bad luck. I was on Metrophia forward with Zoth this morning. Last lap, bevor the finishline I had a plasma und just as I flew over the last weapon-pad I fired the plasma and in the same second I hit the weapontrigger again, without to see, what weapon I got. It was a turbo and it pushed me into the plasma.
The Plasma didnt exploded but my Ship had fire on its back.

With a little luck it should be easy to do this again ^_^

Koleax
6th November 2009, 03:29 PM
I've almost plasmafied myself once or twice down the Sebenco slope, when starting out. Not sure if I actually did it, but it certainly gave me a chill!

il_mago_di_Doz
11th November 2009, 04:25 PM
Other very frustating moment: the respawning before the last jump at Chenghou.... I respawned 3 times in a row and always fell down on the right of the track :blarg

Zitrax
11th November 2009, 05:42 PM
Yes, the same issue exists on Talons Junction.

JFthebestJan
11th November 2009, 08:08 PM
"...I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain..."
that's what my murder said :)
@ Studio Liverpool: we need a replay-function, please.

Constrictor
11th November 2009, 09:17 PM
Oh, JF - that's so heartbreaking :P

Lo-faast! SL will never add a replay function

pigmak
12th November 2009, 11:59 AM
I was 1 gold medal away from Fury Campaign...It was the 8 race tournament...I tried and tried for days only able to achieve bronze....I seriously was getting upset.....Then I realized I was racing on the difficult setting....Musta changed it by accident....UH derrrrr

QjonPL
12th November 2009, 12:06 PM
Racing online at TJrev, on the 5th lap, leading with 5sec gap I was hit by 5 quakes... in a row... with 1-2sec intervals... Finally just before Finish, about 1 second before 2nd position I saw phaeton getting Boost, but I managed to get first... :) ... NOOOO, finish LAG :mad:

TorquedSoul
12th November 2009, 03:42 PM
All of my pathetic moments are equally pathetic.

F.E.I.S.A.R
25th November 2010, 11:16 AM
Is freezing up considered pathetic?:g
Because as of now I can't think up anything else other than that.

OBH
25th November 2010, 01:36 PM
Cool topic :)
I have 2 distinct ones in my mind -

Multiplayer -
Dying on the 4th corner of sebenco climb on lap 1.... without being hit by a single weapon :)

TT -
About to beat my VKRev time, then for no apparent reason whatsoever on the final straight speared left STRAIGHT into a wall :g

My word i felt like such a tool lol

edit:
I also once failed the shortcut on Amp, and it respawned me at the beginning of the track!!

Nutcase:259
25th November 2010, 09:13 PM
Stupid little things like lining up a good missile shot then all of a sudden forgeting which button it is to fire and absorbing:turd

also when you pathetically grind to a halt as you've run a little too close to the barrier and inexplicably dont side shift off it.

& finaly seeing a bomb in the distance and still hitting it

MetaKraken
25th November 2010, 10:38 PM
Getting attacked all at the same time by different players online, giving me no chance to even recover! :bomb

Aeroracer
25th November 2010, 11:31 PM
falling asleep inbetween races online and recieving a text thanking me for the good games..

F.E.I.S.A.R
26th November 2010, 12:26 AM
Seeing OBH's post and thinking about it,failing the shortcut at Amphiseum Reverse is one of my very pathetic moments in HD.I am lucky enough to get a Turbo,then I fail and respawn at the end of the Mag-strip. And that means I waste a Turbo.

mikrucio
27th November 2010, 06:41 AM
Hmmm mine is definitely failing at doing the triple on Metropia reverse..

still can't do it....
I dont think im ever going to be able to do it..

Thats gotta be the hardest thing in this game...

Mr Phlanj
27th November 2010, 07:05 AM
-putting a bomb down in eliminator then hitting the flip button stright after :P

Dexito2097
27th November 2010, 04:02 PM
Playing on a stormy night, having a few beers with your friends, doing great, basically enjoying the game.

and then a two hour blackout.

F&C%$K@!!!!!

DaMiGi63
28th November 2010, 02:29 PM
My most pathetic moment would have to be racing on Ubermall & boosting right into the portion of the track where it splits into a fork with low energy & then eliminating myself. :"> :P

IndoorSnowStorm
20th December 2010, 10:35 PM
Does it count if I saw someone else's pathetic moment? If so, I was online today in a race with Dark Phantom 89, Unctuous, and some others, and this one player (His name escapes me) eliminates himself with his own missile. He didn't lock on, and it was in the really bendy part of Modesto. It was hilarious! I was lapping him as this happened (he was in 8th, and I was in 6th trailing really badly), but I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him.

MetaKraken
20th December 2010, 11:25 PM
My MIRAGE was being retarded because it loves to make friends with walls during online races. :bomb

triboy
21st December 2010, 08:53 AM
Here is my, maybe not a most pathetic moment in WHD, but for sure it was interesting experience. Listen...
Once upon a time <fwd><fwd><fwd><play> and I was rusted, but my teammates want's me to join, so, why not. First race, "Welcome on board tri" BANG BANG, 2 deaths... Not too often You can die twice in one race. 2nd race, "How You feel tri?" BANG BANG, 2 deaths... What the f#$^%!!! Who turns <Kill tri mode> ??? 3th race was calm, and in 4th I died once again. In first 4 races of evening I died 5 times... In online races not eliminator...

Flint Fandango
22nd December 2010, 06:56 AM
It was one of those evenings that follow "Bad-WO-Days". Similar to the "Bad-Hair-Days".
I have done a few laps on SOL2, when I fell off this certain bridge (once again) on full speed. For a non-obvious reason, I just could not take my thumb off the gas - probably the shock - and so I rushed down the abyss incredible five times (!) in a row from the same point! :redface:
It was so embarassing, even when you consider that I simply had to get back on the line, without giving full throttle constantly...
There was something unintentionally funny about that situation.

Twister
25th December 2010, 12:47 AM
I dunno about pathetic, but it certainly was infinitely annoying and hilarious all at once: online racing on Sol 2 reverse, was leading for the majority of the 3 lap venom race in my Icaras, only to be passed by an AG-Sys with a turbo boost, who subsequently smashed into the first corner after the finish line and promptly exploded victoriously all over the track.

First reaction: :bomb

Second reaction: :lol

Xpand
28th December 2010, 03:10 PM
I recently started playing HD... I played the campaign for 3 days and then, today, went online... I keep oversteering and hitting the walls before the turn. That's because I'm used to the early versions of Wipeout in which the ship slides.

Well, while I was playing online with Danterich, I had a server error, of which I didn't know until it ejected me from the online race. Well, what happened was I saw all the ships banging in a wall and suddenly I was in first place! I was completelly thrilled because I always came in last place with the Fastest Lap or Highest Speed thingy. But then the warning message came and I was ejected from the session... I was like: :eek and then :lol

zero3growlithe
31st December 2010, 10:32 AM
My pathetic moments:

- fall of on Sebenco Climb rev "snake", and being respawned about 6 times in just 2 sec (it was an big bug in game)

- just like the other player here... being destroyed on speed lap (chenghou project x2 - flash)

- falling of the track 3 times in row on moa therma rev before 2nd mag strip (where 2 weapon and 1 speed pads is)

- on ubermall being eliminated before "big kitty" and finished by him (by his big hand... why i wasn't recording it)

- hit 2 bombs in row that are near themselfs (fall in one and being pushed to the 2nd one)

- leave bomb on first lap and hit the same one in 2nd lap

- hit the flower pot 3 times during race on ubermall rev while trying (now i just don't try to do this one) to do barrel roll with boost, sometimes on forward i hit it

- fall of the track on amphiseum rev (not becouse of "window"), on big jump before finish line, 1st time on right side, 2nd time on left side, then after making (finally) barrel roll down the track hit the wall on turn...

and the last one... being destroyed by quake when flying over first shortcut on ubermall

there were more pathetic moments (many of them), but... i don't remember them (or i don't want to...)

EDIT: i remembered one... having two same controllers on table and picking the wrong one when the race starts...
EDIT2: this happened today on talons junction reverse, i've turned to early on this hard turn and hit a wall, when trying to continue race i've end up racing in opposite direction. turning back took me 6 sec :/

Temet
31st December 2010, 11:30 AM
Ah, can't remember exactly the scene but it was pathetic...
I was racing and got out of track (or maybe eliminated, doubt) just after lauching a bomb... I respawned I got hit by my own bomb... :blarg

ion harvest
24th March 2011, 11:31 PM
Serial respawns on chengou reverse rapier. Felt like groundhog day. Then I decided to hold both airbrakes to stop it and ended up getting lifted into the air so I BRd. And ended up serial respawning a little bit further down from before. I rage quit just as I get lapped and throw my pad into the bin in disgust. I realised I threw my half finished cheesecake in there about half hour before and jumped to get the pad out. The pad comes out with bits of banoffee cheescake stuck to it. And yeah you guessed it.

Well this thread did say pathetic :D

(pad did get a clean after with a wetwipe I'm not lying) :D

Colonel
25th March 2011, 01:06 AM
Haha, I love the way you just throw everything in the bin. :lol

XR_GTR
24th June 2011, 08:29 AM
Eliminator mode. Sol 2. Novice difficulty. Speed class Venom. Flying Icaras.
I got nailed by a plasma bolt.
Tears came rolling down my cheeks.
(more salt to my wounds: it was a FEISAR that nailed me)

Single Race. Ubermall, reversed. Elite difficulty. Phantom speed. Flying Harimau, cause I was bored.
I get a turbo. I use it.
In an attempt to get in a cheeky barrel roll, I do the most epic AG-racer equivalent to a face plant into the high wall right after the home straight.
I double facepalm at my utter incompetence, shamed that I did something even the most craziest of pilots would never even think of doing.
(I did this plenty of times with the back straight of Sebenco Climb too...)

Aeralys
24th June 2011, 04:19 PM
Just had one moment on Anulpha Pass Reverse, performed the barrel roll before the last corner, landed on top of the guys ahead of me and the boost flung me off the track. Such BS xD

Medusa
24th June 2011, 04:35 PM
Trying to get past zone 20 in zone battle and being unable to figure what "target depleted" means...
now that's pathetic :lol