PDA

View Full Version : No New Coloured Skins for the New Ships? what a let down!

darkfaerytales
5th August 2009, 03:26 AM
so, no new coloured skins for the new ships like for the old ones ? 2 additional skins only each fury ship and one are the glass skin from battle zone the other one are the useless bland as hell chrome skin again...wtf?
WTF!
what a wasted opportunity to make some new cool paint scheme each ship

SL can you provide with some future patch, please? most of the the new models are cool, but really lacks of some variety/alternative skins like the old ones...

Kyonshi
5th August 2009, 03:35 AM
And please, PLEASE, allow us to make custom skins!!!! I dont know any recent racing games whatsoever that doesn't have a custom skin/paint feature!!! :bomb

I honestly think that when it comes to online competitive mutli-player games, custom appearance are imperative to personalize your character, car, or in the case of WipEout, your ship...

Vartazian
5th August 2009, 04:24 AM
Id spend 18 Hours Drawing Ayane on my ship, Everyone would be like Oh Its Vart with the hot girl on His AG SYSTEMS.

Yeah... :rock

GreenPhazon
5th August 2009, 08:16 AM
HD + custom skins = brilliance. I would NEVER use the original skins again, because, lucky for me, other people have made skin-drawing skills.

Darkdrium777
5th August 2009, 08:57 AM
I'll say it again: this game needs skin customization like in Armored Core, or other racing games (Whichever is better, though Armored Core's was pretty good); and a replay mode with which you can take screenshots like the one in GRID at the end of the race.

yeldar2097
5th August 2009, 11:04 AM
ooh i like the replay mode idea :+

custom skins would be awesome. thay'de be better than awesome.
although oldgx skin 3 is THE SEX :P

Bytehawk
5th August 2009, 11:22 AM
I'm pretty sure every ship has a single bitmap uv texture map. If you release those and we paint based on those. Would it be so hard for us to be able to upload new skins to a server ?

I know, it's an elite solution only graphics designers really might grasp, thus limiting the feature. But it's better than nothing...

Releasing models to paint on (mudbox/bodypaint/zbrush style) is probably an idea you're not too keen to consider.

Vartazian
5th August 2009, 11:31 AM
Please please please please please please please. Add Custom skins. How about I make an AG systems on my 3d Programm, attach my skin and you make me a custon ship SL :D

Lightgert
5th August 2009, 11:35 AM
I 100% support :o

Custom skins would be bloody awesome!

PLazarou
5th August 2009, 12:09 PM
Yes indeed. As much as I love the new Fury models, some of the skins are really not to my tastes. Just one other alternative would have been nice. I dunno if a skin editor is going too far - it's nice to have some kind of consistency in the team colours and branding, and if it's just a free-for-all then you would lose that. Perhaps you could limit the editor to certain areas/panels on the ships so that they don't lose all of their branding.

Sven
5th August 2009, 02:52 PM
You know, I was really hoping the Fury campaign skins would be an obsidian finish. That would have been super bad-ass.

But alas, it was just chrome again.

LOUDandPROUD
5th August 2009, 03:54 PM
Oh, man...custom skins would blow my mind. This must happen.

@ Sven - Agreed.

SonicChaos
5th August 2009, 06:20 PM
I would love to see some sort of skin editor as well. I may not have mad skills, but even a skin download feature would help.

Aeroracer
5th August 2009, 06:34 PM
I found a way to get load more colour skins for the ships.turn the colour to zero on your telly.that way you get like 30 different colour ships you never had before..:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod

black n white...black n white...black n white...so ..on.....:nod

SaturnReturn
5th August 2009, 06:46 PM
Id spend 18 Hours Drawing Ayane on my ship, Everyone would be like Oh Its Vart with the hot girl on His AG SYSTEMS.

Yeah... :rock

If you mean Ayane from Dead or Alive, then based on my very limited (honest :p) knowledge of the female characters from that game, I think the reaction would be more like:

"Oh it's Vart. Check out the big boob. And that chick on his ship ain't bad either"

;)

RedScar
5th August 2009, 07:07 PM
Wipeout HD "Custom"
The new WO DLC coming in 3 years to your PS3, with the ablitiy to customize ur ship skins.

I must admit, this is probably the single most agreeable item to add, since everyone will love it. I'm sure it has its design problems on a 1080 scale unlike the PSP verson, but it would still rock your socks.

Oh and Vart, put the chick toward the backside of the ship so I will be able to see her more often lol

Aeroracer
5th August 2009, 07:11 PM
:dizzycustom ships and teams is a must.i would be happy to have a custom ship over 10 new tracks or new modes.

SL Please make custom ship patch..PLLLLEEAAAASSSSE:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

SonicChaos
5th August 2009, 07:14 PM
You should make the font a tad bigger if you can. Some people are hard of hearing :D

Darkdrium777
5th August 2009, 07:27 PM
I love my high resolution monitor. It still fits on a single line. :D

Aeroracer
5th August 2009, 07:31 PM
lol sorry..i just realised if you have lower res writing gets bigger..sorry to all those using small monitor and i'll make writing smaller:nod:nod

yeldar2097
5th August 2009, 07:32 PM
mmmmmm 1920 pixels.....
although i might just be able to see it cos i'm massively zoomed out :D

i love jasmine's subtlety :P

SaturnReturn
5th August 2009, 07:38 PM
There's no point having custom ship skins for the new Fury Icaras. Nothing can save us from Icaras's ugly behind.

Custom skins would be a nice addition, but better than new tracks? I think someone just plays this game for the pretty colours.

Also, this isn't aimed at anyone specific. It's just a general point. But why does almost every thread these days seem to turn into a wish list of things people want added to the game? A lot of the same people who talk about how amazing Fury is, particularly for £8, are constantly asking for more, and at no added cost. Why not just say, "Fury's amazing, now give me this, that, that other thing, and a few more of these, and then maybe I'll be happy"? It's reasonable for people's opinions to change a bit here and there as their experience is updated, but the hypocrisy around here recently has reached insane levels. It's fine to make the observation that perhaps it was a missed opportunity, but folks should stop demanding so much of SL. It's no wonder they don't have time to fix bugs in the game when they have to try and keep up with what little Timmy wants for Christmas.

If you want to see new stuff in future WipEout games, then go here:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Who knows, maybe if people just get on and play the current game, then they might actually have time to work on a completely new WipEout game in future.

Aeroracer
5th August 2009, 07:46 PM
its what makes us human..whatever we get humans want more.its what drives us..without that we would never of got out of being monkeys.

One monkey says "iwant more lets learn to walk and make some clothes"

monkey 2 say "no no no things are fine lets enjoy what we have who wants a audi tt when i got my bananna and my tree"
monkey one say "well see you in my zoo in 6 million years adios..":guitar:guitar:guitar

SaturnReturn
5th August 2009, 07:51 PM
You are one confused individual. Self improvement and greed are not the same thing. Asking for more and striving to improve are completely different.

Darkdrium777
5th August 2009, 08:01 PM
I think you are confused... How is it greed to say that we would like to see this and that implemented in WipEout HD?
Key words: we would like to see.

IMO the game "needs" custom skins because that feature is simply awesome. The way they do it, and if they do it, is up to SL, but I find that it lacks it. The game isn't bad without it (It's great already actually), but having it would make it so much better (Which is what everyone here is saying.)

So I don't know where you get the idea of "hypocrisy", we already paid for the Fury expansion and that's probably the only thing that matters to SL. We are simply suggesting some new cool features that they could implement or not, and nobody's been saying for free. They could very well make us pay for it in a new DLC, I wouldn't be against it.

Aeroracer
5th August 2009, 08:03 PM
can be relevant and connected. i think the monkey thing was proberly a crap example and maybe i am greedy but I still want custom skins .:nod:nod

Edit btw mr saturn..im am not one confussed individual..i am a bit blonde and scatty at times but i definatlry got my head screwed on the right way.:dizzy:dizzy

Edit 2 btw my saturn that guide thing we were talking about...it's almost finshed i will send it to you ..please tell me what you think

DividedXZero
5th August 2009, 08:10 PM
First off, the custom skin aspect was discussed before Fury was even announced(at least i know that for a fact on Gfaqs).

I dont recall anyone saying we wanted it free, i'd pay a few bucks for a dlc that allowed some sort of ship color/scheme customizing.

Personally i dont think we should be limited to team colors, since not all of the HD ships followed that in a very strick manner. (I do think the Armored Core approach would be a happy medium for SL to create and for us to get what we would want).

*I like the Icaras Fury behind design-very compact and fitting to the ship's overall demeanor IMO

PLazarou
5th August 2009, 08:12 PM
There's no point having custom ship skins for the new Fury Icaras. Nothing can save us from Icaras's ugly behind.

Custom skins would be a nice addition, but better than new tracks? I think someone just plays this game for the pretty colours.

Also, this isn't aimed at anyone specific. It's just a general point. But why does almost every thread these days seem to turn into a wish list of things people want added to the game? A lot of the same people who talk about how amazing Fury is, particularly for £8, are constantly asking for more, and at no added cost. Why not just say, "Fury's amazing, now give me this, that, that other thing, and a few more of these, and then maybe I'll be happy"? It's reasonable for people's opinions to change a bit here and there as their experience is updated, but the hypocrisy around here recently has reached insane levels. It's fine to make the observation that perhaps it was a missed opportunity, but folks should stop demanding so much of SL. It's no wonder they don't have time to fix bugs in the game when they have to try and keep up with what little Timmy wants for Christmas.

If you want to see new stuff in future WipEout games, then go here:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Who knows, maybe if people just get on and play the current game, then they might actually have time to work on a completely new WipEout game in future.
Well the thing is, there's no reason to consider a completely new Wipeout yet. They've put so much effort into upgrading the PSP games for PS3, I highly doubt they've also been working on a brand new engine. HD isn't a taster for the real thing - it is the PS3's Wipeout, and I don't think we'll see another all-new game until the next generation. But Fury shows how a DLC pack can not only add content but transform the presentation of a game. There's plenty more tracks they could do for another DLC pack, and I'm sure they won't stop at just tracks again. Custom skins is just one thing they could add to a future DLC pack to sweeten the deal.

But HD + Fury is already a very complete Wipeout, and there is little reason to make such a significant add-on again. HD needed Fury to make it the full fat. Now we're just greedy for more tracks. They could easily do a pack of two tracks (+ two reverse) for £4.99, and not everyone would be convinced. But throw in a basic skin editor as well...

finngers
5th August 2009, 08:13 PM
I was browsing around some wipeout websites before and there was a section on one site where people had uploaded there customs skins for one of the older games and to be honest they looked horrible. Also the new ship skins look fantastic anyway, I don't see any reason to mess with them, frankly I'd prefer for them to stay the way they are rather then be racing seven fugly abominations like this (http://www.wipeout-game.com/html/ship/GetThumbnail?accountId=260323&slotId=3) haha :beer

TheDukeZip
5th August 2009, 08:13 PM
I'd just be afraid that with custom skins you're gonna end up in a race with a bunch of kids who think it's funny to make a ship covered in "boobies!" or some obscene pictures... how do other games that allow custom skins handle this?

RedScar
5th August 2009, 08:21 PM
I would like to see any new feature added to WO, and I have no problem paying for it. The game is already given me more content and fun for half the cost of most other games. The only thing that SL can do is keep adding content to make it even better, well worth the extra costs that they SHOULD charge.

DividedXZero
5th August 2009, 08:21 PM
Or you could have one like this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dividedxzero/2923411192/in/set-72157607851829968/)

(A personal favorite)

@Jasmin: Thanks, it's my Monster energy themed Pulse skin (The proper way to have an ad, vs state farms approach..lol)

Aeroracer
5th August 2009, 08:24 PM
I would like to see any new feature added to WO, and I have no problem paying for it. The game is already given me more content and fun for half the cost of most other games. The only thing that SL can do is keep adding content to make it even better, well worth the extra costs that they SHOULD charge.

I can t see a problem with custom skins. so what if a dumb kid makes a ship with boobs all over it ..chances are you wont even see him till you lap him..

My experience with custom whatever is yes some players make crap things but most want to try hard and make the best thing possible.

the best skin in the world is gonna get real boring sooner or later custom skins breathe life into dying games..

Edit..love the ship divided-zero. mean looking:)

Asl ace about what custom skins didi to psp wipeout..just made a good game better...

:nod:nod:nod:nod

SaturnReturn
5th August 2009, 08:31 PM
I'm not saying it's wrong to suggest things for the future of the game. I'm saying it's wrong to turn every thread into a wish list. It's not this thread specifically, but it's a fair example, and the majority of the time people are asking for this stuff to be included in upcoming patches, which I read as free patches. Maybe that was an incorrect assumption, but I think based on many people's comments, it's a fair assumption. Some people are being quite demanding. You Darkdrium tell me I'm confused and use the words, "would like to see", but you yourself actually use the word "needs". Anyway, I'm not attacking you here. This is an opinion based on a general feeling of multiple posts, by various users in various threads. I just think it's getting out of hand when it happens in so many threads and on some occasions leads them way off topic and prevents genuine proper discussion around a topic. I think it's especially unnecessary when there is already a thread called patch change requests (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6488), another called suggestions for upcoming patches (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6515) and a whole forum section (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21) devoted to suggestions for the future of WipEout.

Aeroracer
5th August 2009, 08:34 PM
fair point mr saturn..

But you didnt answer my rmarks:p:p:p

Sven
5th August 2009, 08:41 PM
it is the PS3's Wipeout, and I don't think we'll see another all-new game until the next generation.

God, I hope not. Wipeout HD, for all it is, still never really felt full enough for me. It feels like a warm-up or intermediate game to tide us over until a major retail release. But maybe that's just because I don't have to put a disc in the system to play it.

SaturnReturn
5th August 2009, 08:41 PM
@jasmin-jade: A lot of people said stuff while I was typing. Folks are too quick for me. I'm getting old.

Anyway, thanks for doing that. I'm sure it will be very informative. :+

finngers
5th August 2009, 08:44 PM
Haha yeah that does look nice, some of them are alright so sorry if I just shat on anyone skins from that website in my previous post lol...

Also the ships in HD and especially Fury look a lot more complex so what I'm getting at I guess is if they did make it availiable (I'd buy any wipeout DLC whatever it is :)(animal skins>*)) that it would be very hard to make a decent looking skin, even moreso than it was for the pulse (I'd imagine, I'd still give it a crack if it was available)

Darkdrium777
5th August 2009, 08:45 PM
but you yourself actually use the word "needs"."Needs" to "make it so much better" :)
Of course there are other things that can be added too that could make the game so much better, but IMO it's a critical improvement SL could bring to the game if they wanted to :)

SaturnReturn
5th August 2009, 09:06 PM
For me it would be a novelty rather than an important update, but that's personal opinion. It would be pretty funky in some ways, especially as a lot of people have already got ship designs up their sleeves, many of which are very impressive.

finngers has a valid point . I think someone (maybe PB) pointed out how hard it is to make angular/fractured designs like the Fury ships work. Does that mean it would be much more difficult to implement on the Fury ships than the HD ships? I don't know, just asking. Similarly, can anyone more knowledgeable than I, on this kind of thing, see key issues that would prevent this from being implemented at all? If HD is pushing the limits of what the PS3 can do (which I think I read it is), then perhaps it would only be possible to create very simple graphics for the ships. Pure ignorant speculation on my part, but if anyone has input it would be appreciated.

DividedXZero
5th August 2009, 09:13 PM
Well have you guys taken a look at Armored core for ps3?
It has a decent customizing system for mechs with several movable parts with various colors for each part(main,sub,support,optional,joint, and device) that can have altered RGB..plus preset decals (each with 5 color presets)that can be added to as layers upon layers to make a variety of schemes and designs.

SaturnReturn
5th August 2009, 09:25 PM
Do you know if there are any videos of that feature DividedXZero? It would be good to see that it in action somewhere to get a point of reference.

DividedXZero
5th August 2009, 09:31 PM
trying to find a decent one (but just found the complex one that show's how the decals system can be used to make "art work" and landscapes-> and unexpected unorthodox approach to the system implemented)

Darkdrium777
5th August 2009, 09:32 PM
Here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhb8Rl8lIRs)

PLazarou
5th August 2009, 10:14 PM
God, I hope not. Wipeout HD, for all it is, still never really felt full enough for me. It feels like a warm-up or intermediate game to tide us over until a major retail release. But maybe that's just because I don't have to put a disc in the system to play it.
HD itself wasn't enough, but we knew DLC was coming. And Fury + HD is easily equivalent to a retail release. And I'm sure it's not the last DLC pack...

If there's ever a retail release it'll be HD Fury on Blu-Ray. Or Possibly HD Fury + whatever extras are next on Blu-Ray.

fusionfrenzy
5th August 2009, 10:33 PM
Personally, I quite like that each ship has only one skin; it means that the teams should stay with their 'proper' colours - and with that in mind, I don't want a skin editor, at all. A Green Goteki? A Yellow Icaras? Cool, perhaps, but it wouldn't feel right to me. If they included one, i'd like it so that you had to stick to team colours, so any Goteki variant still had to be yellow/pink/black.... most people probably wouldn't like that restriction though.

Bottom line, nah, I'd rather not have skin editors (just another DLC/ Full new release).

love9sick
5th August 2009, 10:47 PM
The issue with custom skins that I see is that when you make a new skin and I join your game in order for me to see it I would have to down load it. Everyone would be racing with new skins all the time and this would increase load times and server loads but a significant amount.

Vartazian
5th August 2009, 10:48 PM
If you mean Ayane from Dead or Alive, then based on my very limited (honest :p) knowledge of the female characters from that game, I think the reaction would be more like:

"Oh it's Vart. Check out the big boob. And that chick on his ship ain't bad either"

;)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/Vartazian/MikesAGSYSTEMS.jpg?t=1249512407

Threw That together. Thats what I would make to be my custom skin. got lazy on the tail end.

RedScar
5th August 2009, 10:55 PM
Lovesick, is it possible that since all WO matches are held online while connected to the master server that when you make you skin it auto uploads it to the master server which saves it. This way the load time is not based on a user to user, resulting in a smaller loading time? I'm just throwing it out there.

Darkdrium777
5th August 2009, 11:09 PM
The issue with custom skins that I see is that when you make a new skin and I join your game in order for me to see it I would have to down load it. Everyone would be racing with new skins all the time and this would increase load times and server loads but a significant amount.It's working fine for Armored Core online multiplayer...
Remember: Armored Core's system is based on a predetermined colour palette (Though you can select any RGB and luminance value as well, from 0 to 255) affecting specific regions on the metal plating of the NEXT (The robot), and premade decals (Though you can make custom ones in a small design tool similar to MS Paint afaik) All of that is already in each and every copy of the game, therefore you only have to load the correct RGB value for each ship/skin region, and the locations of which decals. There's no need of uploading/downloading anything to any server, it's all peer to peer.
Why I suggest a similar system to be implemented in WipEout HD if they ever want to allow custom skins is exactly because of this: they have no moderation work to do (Everything is premade, so you couldn't possibly make in sexually oriented, violent or defamatory skin) and there is no real download/upload problem. Also, skins can be as detailed as the original one if done right, since you aren't touching the bump/specular map, only the hue of that specific piece of metal plating.

SonicChaos
5th August 2009, 11:10 PM
It's possible. Hopefully SL is listening and can give us some feedback on whther it's viable.

Vartazian
5th August 2009, 11:15 PM
Actually DD, You COULD make something offensive, I prefer the paint systems of Old Armored Cores, Where you get the MS paint type program. Now they have this crappy decal system.

Darkdrium777
5th August 2009, 11:18 PM
I haven't played the recent ones except AC4 a long time ago, don't remember what exactly are the possibilities. But you think that with the decals alone you could make a naked woman and stamp it on your ship? (Provided you can't make custom decals and it isn't in the game) That seems far more likely to happen with that painting tool they had than only decals.
And it can't be with the colour palette, because that is only for certain sections of the ship, like top, rear, underside, cockpit left, cockpit right, etc.

Vartazian
5th August 2009, 11:22 PM
Yep, You bet you can make a naked woman, Ive seen it done, Ive seen Lots of hentai on ACFA. Hell in AC1 I made a Custom Ayane Decal, I could of just as easilly stripped the clothes off if I so desired. That was in 1995. Now imagine when the Eisels are huge. you could easilly make a large... undesirable object on your ship.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/Vartazian/IMG_00061.jpg

thats 1996 Graphics right there.

Darkdrium777
5th August 2009, 11:27 PM
Yes, but if you CANT make custom decals, there's no way there will be any hentai on any custom skin ;)
If you only have the colour modifier and premade decals (Basically just like the online skin editor at wipeout-game, without the ability to export to Photoshop), there's no way you would be able to do it.

Vartazian
5th August 2009, 11:29 PM
Have you played 4 Answer? Im telling you, its possible. They have Basic Shapes and a Color pallete for the shapes as well. You could easilly make a Naughty object with just decals.

Darkdrium777
5th August 2009, 11:33 PM
Ah I see now, but that wasn't an issue with Pulse anyways as they allowed you to export to Photoshop... So if they didn't care then, they probably wouldn't now I guess...
But if they want SL could easily not give basic shapes and just use logos (Like Mirage, Triakis, Goteki logos) and text (warning, exhaust, caution, fx-350), so unless you really want your naked girl, it's not happening.

Motorsagmannen
5th August 2009, 11:34 PM
i agree on how epic it would be to make custom skins for the ships in WO-HD.
although we would probably see a lot of skin-coloured piranhas out there then :P
but i were also disapointed in the lack of variety on the fury liveries. but its not all bad
IMHO, the fury ships looks way better in silver skin than the HD ships, and also some of the ships suit the transparent bodypanels nicely. so basically my only complaint on them is the fact that theres still only "one" livery pr team thats unique. and although i like moste of the standatd liveries in fury some variation is ALWAYS welcome.

Mu5
5th August 2009, 11:54 PM
It's possible. Hopefully SL is listening and can give us some feedback on whther it's viable.

Its not viable. We were told months ago by SL (before we even seen the more complex Fury craft) that it was not possible due to the number of poylgons and the complexity of each ship.

darkfaerytales
6th August 2009, 12:08 AM
i've start this thread...when i've start this thread i haven't in mind to start a flame war, so...i haven't read the entire thread yet, i've stop to read after the hot post

in fact, i haven't mentioned any damned skin editor, and to all the detractors of skin editor :+ good points, in fact, i never want a skin editor...why?
simple: 'cause it would take away valuable time & money to SL and all the effort they can do it would end surelly as a crappy thing, it has been repeat to death...not to burn the dreams to anyone, but this is it

now, my reason to start this thread was simple: i did think that the new models have at least another coloured skin ( since was already clear looking in the menu that one of them was sure a battle zone skin ), and i didn't think that SL reused the ultra-crappy and useless as hell chrome skin again, who, c'mon telling the truth don't like so much at many people around...

can i've the right to be quite dissapointed for this reason?

Darkdrium777
6th August 2009, 12:37 AM
A hypothetical addition to a hypothetical WipEout game will certainly be crappy. That's your reason for not wanting a skin editor? :lol

Well have you guys taken a look at Armored core for ps3?If they do it right, it can be as good as Armored Core's system, and Armored Core's customization is far from crappy (Which we could say was about the level of the Pulse online editor sans Photoshop.)
Will it be hard for SL to implement such a system: yes, definitely. Is it possible in WipEout HD? I don't think so myself, but I think it's something they should seriously consider for the next WipEout game. It adds personality to the ships, each player has his personal colours. I find that pretty fun... Think about it, clans, groups of friends, WipEoutZone could have their very own skin. Wouldn't the WipEout HD World Cup be far more cooler if each national team had their skin to differentiate them from the others?
Will it be hard for us to create a skin if ever such a system is implemented? No. Go play Armored Core and build any robot, start editing the colours. Very easy, the colours are controlled by sliders and the decal placement is in fixed positions, but for WipEout SL could use a freeform placement like for stickers in LittleBig Planet (Which is easy too.) The only "hard" thing is choosing a colour pattern and decal placement. Oh wow. It makes it even easier than it was in Pulse, with or without Photoshop.
Moderation job for the custom skins can be limited to none, if the skin editor is done right.
And as for the teams retaining their "proper" colour. You'd rather enforce your choice onto someone else than allow them the freedom to choose? Please... I can't help but disagree entirely with that.

Vartazian
6th August 2009, 12:47 AM
I agree with DD777, (and no I wasnt starting a flamewar with him I was just saying something he said were wrong) hes entirely Right about how simple the Armored Core Paint scheme is.

I just want my Ayane Skin :(

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/Vartazian/MikesAGSYSTEMS.jpg?t=1249512407

RedScar
6th August 2009, 02:22 AM
WE GET IT VART
you want ur ayane, calm down already :P

Vartazian
6th August 2009, 02:24 AM
You better get it. cause if you dont. Well. Ill come in second in races damnit!

blackwiggle
6th August 2009, 06:22 AM
Just a question .

If there was an ability to create and change your own skins in HD or FURY, who would use it to make a camouflage skin that matched a particular track,there by making it harder for the other racers to see you?

I know I would,well I'd give it a good attempt.
I don't know how successful it would be,but it if it gives you an edge why not.

Vartazian
6th August 2009, 06:35 AM
My God the Track has a Glowing Red and Blue Plasma trails coming off of it!

SHOOT IT!

blackwiggle
6th August 2009, 06:54 AM
Catch up to it first!:)

XBARNSTERX
6th August 2009, 07:56 AM
How about just downloading them off the store , like the way lbp has different costumes. i mean there not your own designs but you'd still have more of a choice. :)

GreenPhazon
6th August 2009, 10:26 AM
Just a question .

If there was an ability to create and change your own skins in HD or FURY, who would use it to make a camouflage skin that matched a particular track,there by making it harder for the other racers to see you?

I know I would,well I'd give it a good attempt.
I don't know how successful it would be,but it if it gives you an edge why not.

Just grey?

It'd be easy to implement custom skins on the HD ships, because they're all pretty much the sames the Pulse models.

blackwiggle
6th August 2009, 11:31 AM
No a dazzaled effect like the first WW ships had pre RADAR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Vartazian
6th August 2009, 11:42 AM
You paintjob will be very "dazzling" when you explode!

DividedXZero
6th August 2009, 01:30 PM
How odd...i just read that article on dazzle camo Monday as a random point of interest..and now i come across it again, LOL.

blackwiggle
6th August 2009, 01:35 PM
Serendipity

SonicChaos
6th August 2009, 04:01 PM
"By The Power of Wikipedia!" It's were I get all my random facts and useless information from.

Motorsagmannen
6th August 2009, 10:11 PM
@barnster: thats acctually a quite good idea, i know for sure i would by some. and if they arent prized too high like (1euro or something) im sure that they could still make alot of money on it due to many people getting them.
variety is king, always

Darkdrium777
6th August 2009, 10:24 PM
I'd prefer if Wipeout or any game never followed that horrible micro-transaction model.
I have my personal reasons, but there are a few objective ones:
1. We've seen what happened with WipEout Pulse and the packs that contain only one ship and two tracks, priced ridiculously high and not being purchased as the result. Sure they dropped the price after, but I doubt they are selling today.
2. WipEout HD wouldn't be synonym with good value for money anymore. We just got the Fury pack and all the stuff that comes with it, for only 10$. Start selling one ship skin for 1$, and then a bunch more later on... You're not getting the same amount of stuff for 10$ if you buy 10 ship skins...

SonicChaos
7th August 2009, 07:39 PM
I got to say, micro transactions are horrible. I'm a fan of one-time charge and if that would stay that way it'd be great.

darkfaerytales
8th August 2009, 05:57 AM
ok but...people let me tell you my reasoning:

the fury pack bring on the new shiny ultra cool tweaked for better performance models...now what will be the end of the old ones?
have you try to switch between the old and new ships on the menu and take a deep look...what is the result? OBSOLETE , old ships are obsolete, you can like the new ones or not, this not change this fact, that for old ones not just only the result to introduce a new ship by the same manufacture but with better overal performance turn the desire and the need to use the old one again near ZERO , but even aesthetically talking...they LOOKS OBSOLETE

so would have been an intelligent move to bring new fresh skins for old ships into the mix, to induce people to re-use them again with more happines

so

new models - reason to use: they are NEW, they are BETTER and more vary

old models - reason to use: would have been a valid reason to have just a fresh touch of new coloured skin paints even just for the eye-candy sake

just a thought

RedScar
8th August 2009, 07:51 AM
You talking bad about my old AG-S darkfaery?
Those look like fight'n words, they best not be fight'n words ;)

Vartazian
8th August 2009, 08:04 AM
Oi, Badmouth my AG Sys and Ill wreck your face!

PLazarou
8th August 2009, 10:54 AM
darkfaerytales, I'm afraid you're talking nonsense. The performance advantage from the Fury ships is very small, in fact I've not really found any benefit from using them. Some of them are cool, for instance the new Qirex feels a bit better to pilot than the old one, but at Phantom speeds I invariably pick AG Systems, and I prefer the old one (in both feel and design).

On top of this, it feels very satisfying to beat Fury ship users online with an old ship. Myself and DividedXZero were laying the smack down yesterday on Fury users with our HD ships. Great fun!

And if you want to talk purely about design, I still think the HD versions of Icaras, AG Systems and Harimau look better than their Fury counterparts.

SaturnReturn
8th August 2009, 11:02 AM
I still like the old skins. They're super smexy! Except AG-S, which I've always found flat and soulless. :lol But perhaps you're right DFT, some new skins for the old ones could have been a good way to encourage more people to still use them, as the stats of the new ships are making them more favoured by most online (fair enough) and it would be a shame if the old ones became like rare birds that we were amazed to see flying around the place.

PLazarou
8th August 2009, 11:14 AM
The only one that is flat and soulless is Goteki 45. :P But they absolutely nailed the Fury version - looks awesome!

The Fury version of the AG Systems exaggerates the flatness imo, because it's more angular.

But ultimately, you should be flying the ship you feel most comfortable with. In my case it's AG Systems, even though I've become sick of staring at its backside.

Vartazian
8th August 2009, 11:24 AM
I love the new Harimau, the old one was as attractive as... a ugly chick at a bar before a few drinks. The new one looks like a Ugly chick at a bar after alot of drinks! PURE SEX.

djKyoto
8th August 2009, 01:28 PM
I think the new AG-S is pretty sexy tbh. Except from the rear. Which is where you normally see it from. :s

RedScar
8th August 2009, 05:26 PM
lol I actually like the rear of the AG-S and hate the front. The new Harimau is awesome...save for the back of it lol.

SonicChaos
8th August 2009, 06:10 PM
I don't mind the new Icaras design personally, but it's all a matter of personal preference. The stats really aren't upgraded significantly, so any good pilot can overcome it easily.

darkfaerytales
8th August 2009, 06:57 PM
ok, i'm talking nonsense...

i'm talking for the hundred of people that aren't exatly the uber-elite phantom pilot , try to think from an average people point of view sometimes

have you ever try to let see wipeout hd to some of your friends who has never seen any wipeout game before?

ok, if yes, describe me their comments, and how you can explain some facts about wipeout game/universe and some of the new chooses

Vartazian
8th August 2009, 10:02 PM
My Friend who played wipeout for the first time last week says he likes the old Mirage more then the New Mirage.

He says the new mirage looks cooler.

So there, Newbie pilot likes onld ships more then new ones.

SaturnReturn
8th August 2009, 10:17 PM
Correction - One newbie pilot likes the old version of one of the ships more than the new version. It's been mentioned by various people that they feel new Mirage is funny looking.

In general I feel there is more of a sense that the old ships are worse. It doesn't make a huge difference in online races, but I do agree that more people who are new to the game will only see stats. This isn't a new thing. Who remembers all the comments that Harimau is obsolete because it has virtually the same stats as Assegai, but has slightly worse thrust? Some people do only see the stats. Although to be honest, for those people I don't think new skins for the old ships would be of any consequence.

PLazarou
9th August 2009, 01:01 AM
ok, i'm talking nonsense...

i'm talking for the hundred of people that aren't exatly the uber-elite phantom pilot , try to think from an average people point of view sometimes

have you ever try to let see wipeout hd to some of your friends who has never seen any wipeout game before?

ok, if yes, describe me their comments, and how you can explain some facts about wipeout game/universe and some of the new chooses
I'm not an uber-elite phantom pilot either. And my friend also agrees with me that the Fury Icaras doesn't look as good as the old one.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm saying that you'd have to be a pretty spectacular pilot to gain anything from the improved stats of the Fury ships. There's always tenths of seconds to be gained from just taking a slightly better line through a corner, before a slightly improved ship makes any difference. I for one have never reached the limits of the HD ships' capabilities.

I was just disputing the fact you said the Fury ships make the HD ones "OBSOLETE". This is totally incorrect. If, as an average pilot, you reckon you're getting a performance advantage from using a Fury ship, you are wrong. The only difference is that they 'feel' slightly different in terms of handling. And if you find the Fury ones 'feel' better to you, that's fair enough. But I can guarantee that someone (who was taking better lines) in an HD ship could easily come along and beat your times, etc.

blackwiggle
10th August 2009, 03:37 PM
Bring back the old 2097 flying pig or turtle ships you could get by entering a code.:)

Lance
10th August 2009, 03:53 PM
And the snail and the swimming shark!

Sven
10th August 2009, 05:35 PM
Oh those were so great. What ever happened to cheat codes like that?

SonicChaos
10th August 2009, 11:10 PM
They died a long time ago unfortunately, replaced by DLC content and modding.