PDA

View Full Version : squished picture on TV with different format TV and game?

FishDK
4th August 2009, 10:28 PM
I have a display problem with my European original copy of WO3. I only have a NTSC PS2, but it has been modded to play my EU region CD's. Now, when I play WO3 on my regular and new plasma screen the screen becomes all...squished. I can't see the top and bottom of the game screen, which means I can't see my time, lap, position or my thrust /energybar. And the tracks become all narrow which means it's really hard to navigate. I have tried to adjust it to widescreen display both in the game and in the PS2 itself.

I was figuring that the problem was that it's an EU game in a US ps2? I guess the only solution would be to get a EU PSX?

Task
4th August 2009, 10:58 PM
And a PAL TV, yeah.

Al has a couple setups like that just so he can enjoy the EU versions of the games, and he's definitely not the only fan to go that distance.

So if you do travel that path of fandom, you'll have company as well as fame and glory. 8 )

FishDK
6th August 2009, 07:20 AM
Lol - well I assume that my plasma can display both pal and ntsc, so it's more a question of just getting a psx that is pal. I want fame and glory! Off to the second hand video game store and see what they've got.