PDA

View Full Version : Zone Rankings - not updating??

GTP_Rorschach
3rd August 2009, 12:01 PM
Quicky for you all....

Has the bloke that updates the Zone rankings (in the game, not the site) gone on hols for the long weekend? Its been 48 hours since the last update, an unusually long time. Am concerned that there is an error of sorts?

any comments?

ProblemSolver
3rd August 2009, 12:38 PM
Right. It doesn't update atm.

GTP_Rorschach
3rd August 2009, 01:49 PM
Ok - thanks for letting me know you see the same, helps ease the anxiety.:beer

XBARNSTERX
3rd August 2009, 02:38 PM
Yes glad to see others with the same problem, hopefully this will be sorted soon:beer

ProblemSolver
3rd August 2009, 02:43 PM
Perhaps SL has something in the works, a new patch? Would be cool if the board
would update instantly when given a new record.

XBARNSTERX
3rd August 2009, 02:52 PM
Would be cool if they updated, how long it takes dont matter as long it takes . An instant update would be sweet though. I thought maybe so many records are getting set in new game modes and new tracks that the updates have sort of overloaded. Alot of records getting set at one time , the phone line is engaged maybe:)

okam
3rd August 2009, 04:58 PM
Fingers crossed they have "locked" the boards while they clear it of glitched scores...

XBARNSTERX
3rd August 2009, 05:01 PM
Hmm i didnt think of that, makes sense. A heads up would of been nice though:?

superpj1
4th August 2009, 12:15 AM
Fingers crossed they have "locked" the boards while they clear it of glitched scores ...

maybe maybe maybe ;) fingers crossed !

btw all records from saturday have not been updated not only the zones ones. (@XBARNSTERX : you know what I mean :nod )

XBARNSTERX
4th August 2009, 12:20 AM
I know exactly what you mean pj, 5 seconds clear of second place on the amp is something i wont be doing again:? Never mind eh:beer

micky1984
4th August 2009, 07:57 AM
has anyones online rank stopped progressing also yesterday mine was stuck at 37 with no blue bar. id raced 4 races and won all, but still no increase

superpj1
4th August 2009, 08:08 AM
mine is increasing. maybe you were racing very low-ranked people ?

Constrictor
4th August 2009, 08:29 AM
with ref. online rank: mine increases locally but not in the online records db. Just checked that. Yesterday I gained ~5% and reached 50, online it's still rank 49 @ 73% or something.

micky1984
4th August 2009, 02:15 PM
that might of been what was happening cant remember if there rank was high or not, plus there was only 2 of them. just did a few races today and the bar went up as normal

Constrictor
5th August 2009, 05:58 AM
Just a few races yesterday night and I was curious on the records db. 1st the achieved offline records of yesterday did sync (thats what the game told me when accessing the records) and 2nd my online rank is in sync, too.

It's fixed?

djKyoto
5th August 2009, 06:05 AM
with ref. online rank: mine increases locally but not in the online records db. Just checked that. Yesterday I gained ~5% and reached 50, online it's still rank 49 @ 73% or something.

Man, how many races did you do? I've only gone up 2% since fury came out.

Constrictor
5th August 2009, 04:44 PM
Err, what? 5 races equals 5 % ... here :rolleyes: - not!

Didn't do that much racing recently because it's summer and real racing is more fun at the moment - but also a little bit more expensive :? . On the contrary, it's winter down there, isn't it? Gaining %age should be a piece of cake for you. ~20 races are good for 5% - winnng races will help, too :beer

ProblemSolver
11th August 2009, 07:34 AM
The leaderboard doesn't update for over 24h now. Honestly, what's the problem with
all the server stuff?! It seems like SL (or who ever is in charge) isn't able to rightfully
maintain a leaderboard / server. And all the glitched results are still there as well. Hell,
we live in the year 2009 and we still have to deal with these problems. Is it really that
difficult? Tell me, please!

RobCoxy
11th August 2009, 10:04 AM
It seems to only be the online ranking leaderboard that isn't updating for me. Everything else is updating pretty quickly (time trials, zone, multiplayer).

ProblemSolver
11th August 2009, 10:18 PM
Still no update of the ZONE leaderboards. :(

superpj1
12th August 2009, 04:07 AM
It seems to only be the online ranking leaderboard that isn't updating for me. Everything else is updating pretty quickly (time trials, zone, multiplayer).

I set 3 top10 times the same day on multiplayer. Only one of them was updated (very quickly), the two others were forgotten. I don't understand why some records are updated and others not ? Maybe the servers are not powerful enough to handle all these records ?

XBARNSTERX
12th August 2009, 05:27 AM
Its annoying to set a time for it just to be forgotten about, take modesto. i set a 6th place record on phantom speed lap after bettering my amp time. the amp updated straight away pretty much but modesto was forgot about. this was in the space of half an hour. whats happened in that short time for one to update but not the other?

djKyoto
12th August 2009, 06:21 AM
Err, what? 5 races equals 5 % ... here :rolleyes: - not!

I mean 2 levels, not 2%. Sorry. Will take me weeks to even get to 40.

amplificated
1st September 2009, 05:20 PM
I hate to bump an old-ish thread, especially since the chances are pretty slim that anyone knows what's happening, but I thought I'd still ask if anyone knows what's up with the leaderboards.

My results for zone haven't updated since my first attempt on Syncopia about 2 weeks ago. I haven't tested it for much else, but my new records are usually still being recorded in 1-2 days for other game modes, and since it said my latest score is ranked 49th for Syncopia it's depressing! Though I guess about 2000 other people with better scores still haven't had there's uploaded either... but anyway, I'm nevertheless curious.

sh1kamaru-
1st September 2009, 09:16 PM
I don't take care of this leaderboard anymore, glitched time haven't been wiped, it's not updating since a month, now I only suggest you to look at those two sites :

http://wipeout-rankings.mooo.com/
http://www.wipeoutrecords.com

what I like is that you gain points for each track, the closer you are to the #1, the more points you get, so I took this opportunity to increase my bad zone scores :)

Don't be depressed, you know what you're able of, I'm still ranked ~50th on syncopia while I've crossed zone 100 :lol

anyway a month of downtime seems pretty bad, I wonder what's going on :|

[edit] by the way, it would be nice to add a way to prove your scores, like what's done on scorehero.com you can upload a screenie or a video, wipeoutrecords already has a way to flag suspect records, but up till now they have been mostly based on the official leaderboard...