PDA

View Full Version : Fury f*(@ed up the history of Wipeout?

KamatsuKyoto
2nd August 2009, 09:43 PM
Well,

Wipeout HD happens between Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse, right?

And Wipeout Fury? After HD but before Pulse, no?

Ok then. All the problem is when we consider the Battle Zone and Detonator modes. They do not exist in Wipeout Pulse. Is there some explanation for, historically speaking, they have "gone"?

An why exactly exist the "Fury campaign" with all the "agressive skins"? Have some reason?

I know it is only a game, hehe, but the series always had a special care in all, even the history.

But I always thought, since the announcement of Fury, how it fits into the hole history of wipeout.

Someone has a thought about it?

Oh yes, and sorry my bad english, hehe. :beer

Aeroracer
2nd August 2009, 10:14 PM
Wasn't even aware there was a storyline or history to wipeout. i was under the impression it was a racing game :dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

tileon
2nd August 2009, 10:29 PM
Think of it as an alternate reality where no one cares. :beer

Aeroracer
2nd August 2009, 10:34 PM
:clap:clap:clap

Luillin
2nd August 2009, 10:37 PM
I really dont know O.O?

I just think that Liverpool did an amazing work with fury, and I hope this was not their las DLC for the game, or at least a new Wipeout =P

KamatsuKyoto
2nd August 2009, 10:44 PM
Sure. I really love Fury! Its incredible! :rock

But i just thinking if Fury has a history... :robot

Connavar
2nd August 2009, 10:47 PM
Actually those 2 modes have been cancelled fort the Pulse era because they
weren't enough racers, simple explanation!

tileon
2nd August 2009, 10:53 PM
This is simple indeed.

Or it all happenned in dream. Like in the Simpson's episode about Moe's new face: the red pages are for dreams (fury, etc), the blue ones for explanatory development (HD) and the green pages for hallucinations (Wipeout HD Acid)

SaturnReturn
2nd August 2009, 11:18 PM
Wasn't even aware there was a storyline or history to wipeout. i was under the impression it was a racing game :dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

I know we hate quotes here but in respect of the person who informed me...

SaturnReturn: was in reference to the Mirage Anti-Gravity Excellence Centre. Crazy wipeout database collection can be found here lol, don't loose your mind like me!
http://www.wipeout.netsan.fr/

Plus:
http://www.noiseheatpower.com/wipeout.htm
(Found via google search but it's on the WOZone main site's links page too)

Also, what are the dizzy smilies supposed to imply?

Aeroracer
2nd August 2009, 11:23 PM
:dizzy:dizzywow thats quite a bit of history in those links:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

SaturnReturn
2nd August 2009, 11:35 PM
I see. I understand the smilies now.

Darkdrium777
2nd August 2009, 11:58 PM
I'll be in the Nevada desert whenever we need me to pilot the NX-1000 :g

darkfaerytales
3rd August 2009, 01:02 AM
if it were only for the 2 modes...modes can be omitted by the racing commission for whatever reason...

what do tou tell me about talon's junction? in wipeout HD , near the circuit complex you can clearly see an entire city in the background and an entire highway below halfway in the middle...then after a year, in pulse an entire future city and a huge highway dissaper into nothingness and instead in the same place just remain a desolated field, hills with pine trees and a river??? :?

i can understand that psp have limitations and this is what SL would have do...but from a story point of view...how do you explain that?

KamatsuKyoto
3rd August 2009, 01:04 AM
LOL. I didn't notice that.

Reezy
3rd August 2009, 01:15 AM
Cool links, but the guy who invented AG was only 13 at the time, huh??

Cerbis
3rd August 2009, 01:59 AM
Okay, if I don't remember entirely wrong Wipeout HD is the FX350 league, whereas Wipeout Pure is the FX300 and Wipeout Pulse is FX400.
I'm not sure where I read it, but I did definetly read somewhere that the FX350 league was formed as a feeder league for FX400.
This is exactly how it works in reality, where lower leagues with different vehicles are used to gauge people's skills and invite them to higher classes.
Compare the GP2 series, which is the feeder series to Formula One. GP2 has in turn the GP3 series as a feeder series.

What this means is that Wipeout Pure, Pulse and HD do not have to have timelines that follow the league numbering, i.e. FX350
can very well have been concieved well after FX400 was formed. As I said, I do believe that I read somewhere that FX350 was
formed specifically to provide pilots with an intermediate league between FX300 and FX400. If you want to be nit-picky you could
argue that this makes Wipeout Pulse the greatest of the three as it's the highest (and arguably most prestigious :guitar) league!

I hope this helps clear things up (Unless I'm wrong of course :) ). Oh, and if someone knows, do tell where I might've read that detail about the FX350 league?

KamatsuKyoto
3rd August 2009, 03:17 AM
Oh, and if someone knows, do tell where I might've read that detail about the FX350 league?

http://www.wipeout-game.com/html/content/GameInfoHD?lang=en-gb

"The year is 2206 and the developmental FX350 Racing League is the proving ground for pilots making the transition from the FX300 Racing League to the challenge of the world class FX400 series events. Alongside familiar tracks based on the island of Makana, the FX350 series includes tracks from around the world which feature MagLock technology from FX400 series.

With an all new weapons package, incredible acceleration and handling, the FX350 is the ultimate test of pilot and machine."

I understand what you said, Cerbis, but I think the leagues are linear.

And, it's strange, but somehow Fury doesn't has a official site neither.

Dr. Angryman
3rd August 2009, 03:27 AM
I really don't believe HD is a part of the WipEout timeline. It is a demonstration of what WipEout on the PS3 can do. But that's just my opinion....

darkfaerytales
3rd August 2009, 04:20 AM
well, all this is interesting...but nobody asked my question

how it is supposed to dissapear an entire city + highway within a year?

wipeout hd set in year 2206 wipeout pulse set in year 2207

Darkdrium777
3rd August 2009, 04:25 AM
Pixies.

Seriously though, there's no reason. They just changed the design when they remade Talon's Junction for WipEout HD.

Lance
3rd August 2009, 08:46 AM
mm.. Earthquakes? Lava flows? Switch to parallel universe Number 11?

alterego
3rd August 2009, 09:22 AM
Hi All.

...change of location?

They disassembled the track inside the city and have moved to a different place, perhaps in order not to disturb the public peace with a bomb, rocket and mine too. ;)

:D

read you soon
cdrom

Rapier Racer
3rd August 2009, 02:14 PM
A Nuke blast localized entirely within the area of the city in question.

Or the real explanation, someone from SL didn't give the backstory a second thought, after all most of the new comers to HD won't even know it exists. Only some sharp eye people who pay real attention between games are going to notice things like this.

Connavar
3rd August 2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah Rapier Racer is right, there was a war between Humanity and 01,
resulting in a few cities being destroyed, the situation has been resolved now.

Xavier
4th August 2009, 01:09 AM
Maybe there are multiple courses in the same area. They first built the one near the city, then another course (for the other league) out near the forest.