PDA

View Full Version : Speed Lap and Time Attack Errors.

Vartazian
1st August 2009, 03:41 AM
Hey Folks I dont know if I can stick this in another thread or not, mod feel free to splice-er-in there if this isnt good enogh to be a "stand alone thread"

Anyways.

Recently Ive noticed that there has been a huge flaw in the SL/TT/Zone Score boards.

It doesnt register if your online, I was wonding if SL would be having a fix to this anytime soon, I know I worked hard for my 21.48 Time on Tech de Ra Reverse and it stil says that "player" did it, not Vartazian.

Anybody else had this heartbreaking event happen? :'(

XBARNSTERX
1st August 2009, 03:49 AM
Loads of times. Quite annoying really:?

Vartazian
1st August 2009, 04:00 AM
Tell me about it, nothing worse then working ona record for a few hours only to have it not count.

thats like saying

Oh you ran the marathon, but you werent wearing a nametag, Sorry. Disquallified.

XBARNSTERX
1st August 2009, 04:16 AM
But me names jim:?

Spece2goin
2nd August 2009, 05:15 PM
For me, the record tables does not take my new times into account
i don't know when it updates, but it's been 3 days i took #1 on TdR revers / Rapier and that's still my old time in table...

XBARNSTERX
2nd August 2009, 05:21 PM
I set 4 new times in speed lap yesterday and a few multiplayer times that have not updated yet. I set another about 4 hrs ago that has not appeared either. Dont see the point speed lapping now. Why is this?

Spece2goin
2nd August 2009, 05:23 PM
it's really frustrating to see you set good times, and have a good place in record table, then to finally see days after when updated that you are few places further...

XBARNSTERX
2nd August 2009, 05:32 PM
Tell me about it on the amp at flash i managed to knock a fair bit off my time. But hasnt updated. I could possibly do it again but would it update. I thought set an ok time , one i know i could easily beat and see if there was any change today. No change, no point. Speed laps and Time trials are down:?

shapealot
3rd August 2009, 12:09 PM
i 2 set a new speed lap WR and it didnt update i have to get an even faster lap now for another chance of it updating, its gona be tough 2 beat but even if i do will that time update making it even harder next time? i was 4th on an event and i had to beat that time 4 TIMES before it would update. im giving up on SL and TT for the moment

leungbok
3rd August 2009, 12:13 PM
I have 5 WR that doesn't update, but i hope it'll be updated in one day or two, so we have to be a little patient, SL will surely fixes that very soon ;)

ProblemSolver
3rd August 2009, 12:35 PM
... I know I worked hard for my 21.48 Time on Tech de Ra Reverse and it stil says that "player" did it, not Vartazian. ...
It will read Vartazian once the board updates. But since the board currently
doesn't update at all, we have to wait for awhile.

I've set a new (personal) record as well, on Tech de Ra SL / Phantom using
Feisar. My first attempt to get some record in this mode. I'm currently ranked
10. Wasn't my best turn going by sectors. And, I did only one BR despite one
can make two or even three.

leungbok
3rd August 2009, 12:40 PM
Vartazian's record on this tracks finally updated. So there's hope that our new laptimes will too. I wait mine on this track :robot
Problemsolver - Even four ;)

ProblemSolver
3rd August 2009, 01:06 PM
@leungbok: Ehm sorry, I meant four as well. xD So I did two BRs on my run. Ok,
if I count, I would say one can do 6 BRs but one may not pays off, the one you
can do by climbing a wall on the semi-transparent section. And I'm not sure so
whether the first one after start/finish pays off as well.

leungbok
3rd August 2009, 01:12 PM
Yes you're right, you can do 2 or 3 other BRs using the walls, but it's not faster so big risks for no gain ;)

XBARNSTERX
3rd August 2009, 02:47 PM
My favourite mode, speed lap is down for others too. This is a bit of a relief on my part but still annoying. The sooner its sorted the better IMO. @Vart, glad your time updated mate.:rock

leungbok
3rd August 2009, 04:19 PM
It seems to be a general issue. So we can hope it'll be fixed soon :beer

XBARNSTERX
3rd August 2009, 04:25 PM
I hope so mate i'm going crazy for speed laps :dizzy to hear new lap record again:)

blackwiggle
3rd August 2009, 05:42 PM
Well I've seen two different "Corrupted" times in SL when I have compared mine with others on my friends list about an hour ago.

One was RIVVIT's SL Modesto reverse Phantom speed,the time shows up as 44739.14.55,and somebody else had one showing up with a similar 9 digit number.

I have no idea what's the cause or if there is a solution.

leungbok
3rd August 2009, 05:50 PM
weird :eek

XBARNSTERX
3rd August 2009, 05:53 PM
I've seen something similiar 9.99.99 or something. Think this is where invalidate laps been used but no actual time has been set.

RedScar
3rd August 2009, 07:07 PM
This record not updating is also affecting detonator scores, as most of my new scrore in the last week aren't updating.

leungbok
3rd August 2009, 07:18 PM
maybe some cleaning on the most obvious glitched records on multiplayer and zone 8)

RedScar
3rd August 2009, 07:20 PM
I'd like to hope so leungbok

leungbok
4th August 2009, 10:20 AM
About that (cleaning the boards). Maybe the devs can look at abnormal times at least. Single races with 0 speedpad hited or zone zeus reached with less than 10 perfect zones. It makes me remind about the incredible times made by Ahquadzzillah and larikun on TT/SL boards. Their respectives records disappeared from the rankings several month ago ! Do that happens when you delete your psn account ? Or maybe they where bots used by the devs (Mulder's syndrom :lol) to push further the TT contest :robot

pirahpac
4th August 2009, 01:54 PM
i think tt sl bugged are not a problem for their ( jpense quils ont en rien a foutre quoi) nice tt ub rev saturn O_O (......) !

XBARNSTERX
4th August 2009, 02:26 PM
Just to let all know, just put wo on and all my records from the last few days have updated:rock didnt check for glitched records zone etc. But great news anyway :beer:beer:rock:rock:beer:beer

shapealot
4th August 2009, 04:12 PM
my records have updated aswell :) but i had quick check of the zones and the glitched times are still there :(

XBARNSTERX
11th August 2009, 12:18 AM
Is anyone else still having this problem . Its becoming a common problem for me to have records just not register. I hope there is a fix /patch in the making to sort this out. I'm only experiencing this with the fury tracks, i could set three times only to have the second update and not the others. Loving this by the way :clap:clap:clap

Aeroracer
11th August 2009, 12:40 AM
yes ..its happened to me a few times..i got the time and record but it wont update on the boards.. i thought it just takes time to do it.but obviously their is a problem..:nod

Mu5
11th August 2009, 12:53 AM
I'm only experiencing this with the fury tracks

Yeah? HD tracks are not updating as well. Ive been looking for times posted in the past month.......and they still dont appear.

XBARNSTERX
11th August 2009, 01:47 AM
@jasmin, nope defiantly a problem. The boards went down for a few days the other week and all was updated afterwards, but there is still the occasional record that doesnt. Icant see any other reason for this except a bug.

@mu5 , i've noticed the odd one from the hd tracks too, but this was a rarity , only had about 4 not update in the year plus i've owned the game. In the last few weeks since fury this is happening pretty much everyday with all modes, mainly for me on speed laps and time trial.

I've not played much of the hd tracks lately but if this is also happening on them , then its seems to be a fury problem.

Are SL aware of this?

Is there going to be a fix?:?

ProblemSolver
11th August 2009, 03:23 PM
Just a question. WipEout HD's clock is only accurate to a 1/100th of a second.
Why? The leaderboard gets cluttered more and more with lap times that are the
same up to a 1/100th of a second. That's kinda strange for a fast-paced racing
game. A 1/1000th of a second is the standard for almost all competitive racing
games. Anyone?

blackwiggle
11th August 2009, 05:30 PM
What do you want for $10 ?

A Pattek Phillipe turbinion movement.[This adjusts the mechanical movement when you arm moves to & fro -gravity effect]:paperbag

Sorry,it's seems we have Timex or Swatch doing the timing.

I'm not having a go at you,just making a joke. :)

shapealot
11th August 2009, 09:06 PM
on some fury tracks none of my times have registered at all, not even 1 an ive set loads!!! ive set lap record on other speeds/tracks that updated straight away so i go back an try them again an it still doesnt update. im just gona use connavars site its way better anyway :rock

ProblemSolver
11th August 2009, 10:16 PM
ZONE doesn't updates as well. :( This sux so hard.

superpj1
12th August 2009, 04:22 AM
A 1/1000th of a second is the standard for almost all competitive racing games.

hope the developpers heard you and put this in the next update :nod

XBARNSTERX
12th August 2009, 05:22 AM
I do think that 1 / 1000 gets taken into account anyway. if you see phantom lap on tech da ra reverse, me vartazian and yeldar have the same time. Vart set his first then me, but yeldar has moved in the middle of the two of us. so i do think its taken into account, we just dont see it:)

superpj1
13th August 2009, 02:48 PM
Seems like the forgotten records are now online !
However the fake zone records are still there (Uberlander and his friends).

leungbok
13th August 2009, 03:01 PM
Yes it's finally updated !! :)

XBARNSTERX
13th August 2009, 05:50 PM
Everything has updated for me too. I set some times earlier and they have updated too. The problem seems to have been sorted.:rock:rock

shapealot
21st August 2009, 03:48 PM
looks like the problem aint bin properly fixed after all. ive set loads of new times this week an only a couple have updated. :brickwall

XBARNSTERX
21st August 2009, 05:57 PM
yeah certain courses just wont have it 'computer says no' :redface: