PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite Cold Storage track

DJ Techno
13th November 2002, 01:42 PM
Cold Storage put so much "hard" work into producing the music for the Wipeout tracks
And he even helped out in the second Wipeout game, Wipeout 2097.

But out of all the tracks you could listen to, that Cold Storage wrote "created", which was the best, the real wammy, to desearve a Grammy for best Electronic song?

Hybrid Divide
13th November 2002, 07:06 PM
Messij

8)

Spaceboy Gajo
14th November 2002, 07:28 AM
Cairodrome. I even sent Mister Tim Wright an e-mail telling him it was favourite song. I still have the e-mail he replied back to.

spaceboy gajo :D

Synthetic Consciousness
14th November 2002, 09:52 AM
Aw, man, you're making us CHOOSE? :o Ah, okay...

[WipEout]: "Body in Motion", "Body Plus", "Cairodrome", "Kinkong", or "Hakapik Murder".

[Non-WipEout]: "Around You", or "Acid Rain".

If I had to choose just one from each, though, I'd choose "Body Plus" and "Around You".

Don't let Tim see this thread; his head'll swell so much that he'll float out the window, and we'll have a hell of a time trying to get him down. :lol:

Wiseman
15th November 2002, 07:09 AM
Hard to say, so I'll just pick all of my personal favorites, like SC did.

Wipeout - Messij, Operatique
Wipeout XL/2097 - Messij Recieved, Hakapik Murder
Non Wipeout - Acid Rain, Lost in Music

DJ Techno
15th November 2002, 05:56 PM
I was asking, also because I haven't heard or seen on Cold Storage cd.
At Record Stores here in Columbia Papa Jazz'z, Manifest Disk and Tapes, Sound Familiar

Those are main three record and cd store's to buy music, and non of them carry one piece of Cold Storage, on their selves or counters.

Body In Motion was my favorite.

Lance
15th November 2002, 06:52 PM
My favourite is Operatique, followed closely by Cold Comfort, and DOH-T

Synthetic Consciousness
15th November 2002, 10:56 PM
[DJ:Techno]

He's working simultaneously on 3 (count 'em! :o ) albums currently, but none of them are ready (but, hey, you can't rush art! :wink: ) Once they're ready, they'll certainly be available for purchase via his site. You can download tons of mp3s and mods from his page, for the time being, though: http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/ :)

[FoRUM]: http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/forum3/index.php

zargz
16th November 2002, 01:19 AM
I've always liked the 1st sont dont no the name but it goes like this

'woj oj oj!' :wink:

Anastasia
21st November 2002, 10:38 PM
It's great now CoLD SToRAGE has an up and running website.

I have loved all the tracks I've heard, but my favourites are Operatique, Cardinal Dancer and Body in Motion.

Ana :D

xEik
23rd November 2002, 03:45 PM
Cold Comfort

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Vasudeva
23rd November 2002, 07:29 PM
My favourites would definitely be Cold Comfort, Doh-T and Body in Motion, although Messij best captures the atmosphere of wipEout!

V.

HentaiBoy
24th November 2002, 06:31 PM
Messij XTND (There,t aht covers 2 songs lol) I also like Cairodrome, because it makes me feel like I'm a part of the audience of wipeout 1 cheering on a favorite pilot. And Cold Comfort has that one part that makes time stand still. Oh and Operatique just gets very cool once it builds.

Spaceboy Gajo
25th November 2002, 05:09 AM
It is tough picking just one song.

Great descriptions though!

I agree with what you say about Cairodrome except that I'm at a rave.

spaceboy gajo :D

wisegrape
18th August 2003, 08:49 PM
"Doh T" is my favorite although I do love them all. When I got rid of my PSOne The only things I kept were the Wipeout CD's so I can still listen to the music.

Hybrid Divide
18th August 2003, 09:16 PM
WipEout: Messij, Intro Music
2097/XL: Body In Motion
Other: Grunge Prayer (Krazy Ivan)

Ok so I can't really choose true favorites! They all rock.

There is a good Messij Remix to be found, look for a guy named aXu.
Somewhere in the forums is a link to his site, where you can download the Messij Space Remix!

Soon as I learn to do 3D Modeling, I'll have a nice CoLD SToRAGE / WipEout desktop background for you guys! :D

Vagrant Logic

McConnor
19th August 2003, 11:08 PM
Messij for ever.....ever...ever......

May be the best sound i ever heard of my life

Wamdue
20th August 2003, 10:16 AM
Hakapik Murder , Canada and the intro theme for wipEout are my favorite cold storage songs.

McConnor
20th August 2003, 01:55 PM
Yeah canada is great :P

pinkturkey
21st August 2003, 12:54 PM
Personally my favourtie track is Cold Comfort, can't beat it!! It's just plain awesome. Unfortunately the quality of the music track is a bit lacking, doesnt sound very good on my stereo. :cry:

Piranha Advancements
21st August 2003, 01:45 PM
Cold Comfort,God's Gift and Messij.If I could mix all three,I'll call it Cold Gift Messij.

Escaped_Badger
23rd February 2004, 07:52 PM
It's between Cold Comfort and Messij for me.

Shem
23rd February 2004, 08:21 PM
And I love the Wipeout 1 intro song. I managed get this one as mp3.
Apart that - Cold Comfort, Kinkong, some tracks from Krazy Ivan (remember that game? crappy, but......)....

ufelfo
21st May 2004, 02:28 AM
Messij, followed by DOH-T :D

Lotus
7th September 2004, 06:04 PM
My favourite Cold storage track is Messij ( I love that keychange in the middle) closely followed by Doh T and Cardinal dancer!!

19th January 2005, 10:27 AM
Tranvaal, why no one likes Transvaal? :)

I love the intro, and the changing ambients in the second half.

hoipexn
19th January 2005, 05:49 PM
Nope; mine's Tentative or DohT :P

Dimension
20th January 2005, 11:18 AM
Messij :D

Test-pilot
3rd February 2005, 09:18 PM
My favorite track from the original wip'Eout'' is definately Cold Comfort; I just love that track. Other than that, it's hard to say which of the others I like more, they're all pretty good :P

Rapier Racer
3rd February 2005, 10:55 PM
My fav track is also cold comfort, towards the end more so, I have it stored on my hard rive for frequent listing 8)

Whocares9
5th February 2005, 06:47 PM
Doht is my favorite :) .

pernambuco
6th February 2005, 10:58 AM
my favorite is the song of Intro **WIPEOUT!!!! is the best
Spanish traduction: ES la caña!!!

adam917
13th July 2005, 06:27 AM
Cold Storage put so much "hard" work into producing the music for the Wipeout tracks
And he even helped out in the second Wipeout game, Wipeout 2097.

But out of all the tracks you could listen to, that Cold Storage wrote "created", which was the best, the real wammy, to desearve a Grammy for best Electronic song?
1st Place is Operatique, hands-down. 2nd, I guess would be DOH-T. 3rd is Planet 9 (Saturn version).

phoenixx
15th July 2005, 09:17 AM
Messij and Cold Comfort

Sausehuhn
15th July 2005, 11:12 AM
Same here.
Also Onyx is very good... but that was in another WipEout game...

daminmancejin
18th July 2005, 04:25 AM
the Cardinal Dancer track! :D :D :D

Space Cowboy
18th July 2005, 06:46 AM
Oringinal WO = Cardinal Dancer, DOH-T, Messij
WO 2097 = Messij (recieved, extended)
WO Pure = Onyx (Of course) :)

Sausehuhn
18th July 2005, 01:31 PM
Messij was WipEout 1 as well, wasn't it?

crunchysaviour
13th September 2005, 09:25 PM
It has to be the original Messij. Ooooohhhhh, yeah! (Ohh! Ohhh!!!)

Seek100
13th September 2005, 10:43 PM
wipE'out" - Tentative, first song I ever heard on the demo level of wipE'out" that came with my PS back on Christmas day '95, also quite liked Cold Comfort., though obviously all were good tracks, they're sometimes a little too happy hardcore for my tastes.

wipE'out"2097 - Canada, Body in Motion and their 2 remixes Body Plus and Hakapik Murder respectively are my faves, but also I really liked Plasticity and Kinkong, again all the others are great too Tim was writing much better stuff for 2097 than he did on the original w'o" IMO.

wipE'outpurE - Onyx - fairly obvious as it's his only contribution, unless you count the old songs they put on there in Classic2 pack 1.

I'm really looking forward to his first actual album release, maybe he'll finally get the public recognition that he deserves.

superjar
21st September 2005, 03:48 PM
Well, i've only listened the tracks that appear in the WipeOut games.
from the original WipeOut, i like 'Tentative' and 'Messij' and I LOVE
'Cold Comfort'

I also like 'Body In Motion' a lot (from WO2097)

Seek100
21st September 2005, 06:20 PM
You've gotta hear his stuff for Shadow of the Beast II and III, plus the original Lemmings soundtrack, awesome stuff. This site: http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotica/ has pretty much every Amiga game piece of music ever, in the original formats, plus a link to a player that can run the various file formats called deliplayer. You can search by artist and CoLD SToRAGE 's work can be found under Tim Wright (obviously as it's his real name).

Renegäde
24th September 2005, 02:55 PM
Cairodrome i think is my fav, Onyx rates pretty high for me too.

ExO
27th October 2005, 06:12 PM
well Cairodrome and Messij are my favorites while racing in Phantom class...
Transvaal and Operatique are beside some W3 titles always in my playlist when I'm happy ;)

[off topic]
has the slower, "damped" passage from Messij (starts at ~ 3.55min) been omitted in wipeout pure? I liked it a lot
[/off topic]

CoLD SToRAGE
7th November 2005, 12:56 PM
Rumour has it that some of the audio has been "cropped" in length for the downloads... not sure why... :?

Can anyone confirm/deny?

C.S.

Hellfire_WZ
7th November 2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, they have. The original Messij is about two minutes longer than the Pure version, and you can hear where bits have been cut when you compare the two. It's the same with Operatique as well, slightly more obvious as it actually starts about 15 seconds in.

SMThomas
8th November 2005, 10:35 AM
I think that's done to reduce space, that means Canada (my fave 2097 track) for Pure is shorter! Well, maybe...

Anyway, I liked some of the orignial WipEout tracks but don't know which one is my favourite out of all; didn't you know that there are more CoLD SToRAGE tracks on the saturn version? I do and I got the game for that format, at least I can listen to them and enjoy the music...

username
8th November 2005, 12:17 PM
Messij :D

i never knew that messij was from cold storage, is cold comfort done by them too. if so cold comfort wins hands down!! if not then messij is easilly the winner :lol:

Seek100
17th November 2005, 10:07 PM
CoLD SToRAGE is not a 'them', it's a 'he'. His name is Tim Wright, he occasionally posts here on the ZonE and he did all of the original wipEout music except for Afro Ride (by Leftfield), Chemical Beats (by the Chemical Brothers) and P.E.T.R.O.L. (by Orbital). All the other tracks are him. He was working in-house at Psygnosis at the time and was responsible for the music for various other great Psyggy games, (Krazy Ivan, Shadow of the Beast II and I think III, and of course everyone's favourite - Lemmings).

SMThomas, you don't have any extra CS tracks as there are no extra CS tracks on the Saturn version, those 3 bonus tracks that were on the Saturn version in place of the 3 licensed tracks on the Playstation version, Tim has publicly said he didn't do them, and he noted he wouldn't have named them such if he had done them. All CS tracks from wipEout and w'o"2097 can be gotten from his website: www.coldstorage.org.uk (http://www.coldstorage.org.uk) in high quality mp3. Remember to get the extra 2097 tracks from the PC/Amiga/Mac version, some of those are really brilliant, especially Plasticity and Kinkong.