PDA

View Full Version : W2097PA removed ?!!

vincoof
14th February 2002, 09:17 PM
Thruster, do you know what happened to W2907PA ?
I tried to go there and ezboard told me that it did not correspond to an existing board id.

EzBoard may have probably removed it, since they were on a "cleaning" stage, lurking around for boards that would not be active 24hours in a row.

Thruster2097
15th February 2002, 06:56 AM
yeah, that sounds about par for the course...

I set a community up with them, and because they dont think it's special, they delete it without giving me any notification whatsoever. Doesnt matter now, though... :grin:

W2097PA is dead.
Long Live WipEoutZone!!!!

Lance
15th February 2002, 09:53 AM
i hope amigojack is getting well along in his backup of the w3pa EZ-board cos i don't think there were any posts there in the last 24 hours before i was there several hours ago.

vincoof
15th February 2002, 07:17 PM
Thruster : now there's just ore less reason for me to visit ezboard :wink:

Lance : I don't think that ezboard will dare deleting a gold board before it loses its gold feature.
Moreover, ezboard sets up a meesage on all boards, at the top of the board layout, with a link "click here or this board will be deleten in 24hours".
So if at least one guy visit w3pa every day, this guy just has to click the link to cancel the deletion process.

Lance
15th February 2002, 08:56 PM
then i shall be on the lookout for that link when the time comes.

vincoof
19th February 2002, 04:53 PM
Well, IMO it will not happen. At least not soon.

In this period, ezboard is trying to get some disk space by removing "obsolete" boards.

Now they check all their servers and install this message 'click here or the board will be deleten blah blah' but when the *shrink* process will be over, I think they'll stall their research for a while.

And I think the *shrink* process for server pub4.ezboard.com is already over.

vincoof
26th February 2002, 10:36 PM
Hey, it seems that the board is back again !
I don't know what's going on at ezboard, but man can guess we made a good choice (talking about the forums move) :smile: