PDA

View Full Version : not really impressed by Fury... ?

AG-wolf
29th July 2009, 07:06 PM
don't get me wrong, the new tracks are a welcome addition, the new modes are lots of fun with an audience who has been smoking weed like fiends, and the interface is considerably better... but, there's just something about it that doesn't really catch me... maybe I'm depressed, maybe I'm distracted (getting ready for school atm actually), maybe I'm frustrated that my Qirex isn't much faster than anything else after the new Fury update or the fact that it looks like garbage compared to all the other teams' new skins *cough* :3

But whatever the case, is there anyone else who isn't exactly OMG WOW UBAR-IMPRESSED at the new update? :/ I like it, I don't really have any complaints... but, I just feel kind of indifferent...

ProblemSolver
29th July 2009, 07:09 PM
it begins

AG-wolf
29th July 2009, 07:13 PM
lol yeah, I'm waiting for the flames... though, ironically, I haven't really said anything inflammatory :P

SaturnReturn
29th July 2009, 07:18 PM
I was never uber-impressed. At first I was like, meh, then I had a good online session and some good eliminator and had a lot of fun. I liked Modesto heights too on my first TT on it. It felt really fast, which was cool. But that was the last thing I did and I haven't played any of the Fury content for 2 or 3 days now. I don't really find myself wanting to play it as much. The campaign has far too much detonator in it for me to be bothered, especially considering all I will get from it is the new ship skins, which I don't like, and which don't work half the time online anyway (the unlockable ones that is). Whereas, I find it a joy going round and round for hours on my old favourite HD tracks.
The thing I'm probably most pleased about is that the whole game runs smoother since the update. But I think that once people incorporate it into their online games along with HD tracks, it will be better. Currently everything is about Fury and we might just have overdosed, willingly or not.

Darkdrium777
29th July 2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not UBERmall impressed, but it's some good fun :) Certainly adds more tracks because I was down to playing only six out of the eight original ones... So that's not bad. But I would like more, soon.

AnErare
29th July 2009, 07:36 PM
I am impressed.

But mainly so because of zone mode on the Pure Four and their differing colour schemes from the regular tracks. Supersonic looks splendidly amazing on them. They are actually taking me back into the mode. And besides that Tech de Ra is one of my favourites from Pulse so it adds up.

shindubhe
29th July 2009, 07:36 PM
i really like it although its not like ive been sucked in like with HD. i think it would have been nice for there to have been more hardcore trophies to go for as all the new ones seem a bit lackluster, i was hoping for another Zico or just a few more golds and silvers.

dont get me wrong im not just playing for trophies but going for that platty in HD really made me push to get better

ProblemSolver
29th July 2009, 07:44 PM
Day 7 into the new content and still impressed. :rock

Z_Zoquis
29th July 2009, 07:54 PM
I don't know what it takes to impress some of you guys. Its a great dlc pack...what more do you want?

Anyway, I love it...

ProblemSolver
29th July 2009, 08:10 PM
@Z_Zoquis: I think it's a natural phenomenon.
People almost forget on what shoulders they really stand upon once they
see something as commonplace, despite it took a great effort to get there.

DividedXZero
29th July 2009, 08:12 PM
Well the new tracks i'm still learning...
Zone battle is fun (but i suck @ zone)
Eliminator is short lived fun, i find myself wanting to just race most of the time.
Detonator atm hasnt caught my interest...so i've avoided it in campaing.

Fury ships are nice....but back and forth on some of their designs....
I'm trying to like Icaras, but some aspects i like...others i dont.
But i've really been intrigued with Auricom's new look, Qirex is nice too..but it's still not XL/2097 Qirex.

I'm disappointed on the lack of color schemes provided. In HD we had 3 different color schemes plus the silver. Now we seem to have one color scheme, the zone skin, and i guess another silver for the new ships.

**Too bad they cant at least do an Armored Core type of custimization where you could change the RGB colors of all the different parts, add emblems (originially make your own emblem, now choose from preset emblems and preset colors for the emblems). You could also layer these emblems as decals to create unique patterns and designs for you mech.

**Since Pulse type of custimization cant be done on HD, perhaps a different approach to custimizing as mentioned above can be done? The last two installments of the mentioned game were for PS3, and other racing games have also allowed for some degree of custimizing. We are proud pilots and seeing a certain distinguishable ship on the track and have someone say "Oh no, not THAT GUY again" is nice pleasure

Lastly, i would like some counterbalancing of the HD ships as they are not just the lowered stat ships when compared to the Fury ships. I look at it like this, the teams made advancements and redesigned their ships with higher stats in some areas. But while making advancements they also managed to upgrade their current ship model improving its stats in some areas as well (but not necessarily in the same areas as the Fury ship)

But overall..i'm content and happy and no regrets on buying Fury.

ProblemSolver
29th July 2009, 08:46 PM
Customization / personalization would be a great thing, right. Would be nice
to have one's PSN name painted onto the craft. Or why not printing your
fastest lap / highest zone, on a given track, onto the craft using a code like
for example the Morse code (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code)? That should produce kinda of a techy look esp.
when those things are even animated.

Lance
29th July 2009, 08:51 PM
The Fury wish list is over 'there'>
;)

KIGO1987
29th July 2009, 09:45 PM
Im pretty happy with Colin, Crob, Egg, Paul and the rest of SL efforts,

"not really impressed by Fury"

Is a bit of a crappy thing to say to the SL crew, these guys do read these forums.

All there effort is paying off, im sure the sales would identify that,

Keep up the brilliant work guys.

DividedXZero
29th July 2009, 09:54 PM
Well.."not being impressed" i agree is rather harsh.
But i the only thing i tried to state, like everything in life, everything has its pros and cons.

I suppose to directly respond to the title, yeah i'm impressed...but i do have some reservations on certain aspects of the DLC, but overall content and happy.

Griffon
29th July 2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, to be honest, I can't think of anything I don't like about Fury.

And no, I'm not saying that to kiss ass of the Sl guys that read the forum.
<<
>>
Really, I'm not.

Naw, but seriously, it's great.

okam
29th July 2009, 10:19 PM
It's tons of fun, for very little money. Now, I probably won't be playing Zone Battle or Detonator outside of the campaign grid, but I can see myself playing Eliminator and racing the Fury tracks (alongside the old tracks) for many a month to come. Even if the Fury trophies were a bit on the easy side, I did have lots of fun getting them (just need the campaign one now).

Very impressed, and very happy with Fury :)

Aeroracer
29th July 2009, 10:42 PM
Im pretty happy with Colin, Crob, Egg, Paul and the rest of SL efforts,

"not really impressed by Fury"

Is a bit of a crappy thing to say to the SL crew, these guys do read these forums.

All there effort is paying off, im sure the sales would identify that,

Keep up the brilliant work guys.

I agree. I dont think anyone can critisise, after all its an £7 update,

SL have put a lot of effort into the update, that is obvious from playing fury. But such as life is their is always someone who is not happy.
I probally wont get into eliminator or zone battles as i like racing and speed laps but there is still the new tracks for me to master so i am really happy and very glad to have bought fury. I hope they make more updates for the future to help keep the game alive and keep the pilots from quitting.:nod

I would love to see some form of ship customization in future and a rear view window box on the main screen as i feel the R1 button is rubbish in game as you cant see forward when you do it and you cant use R2 aibrake at the same time easily. so you only tend to rear view on a nice easy straight.If they had an option of onscreen box with rear view it would really jazz up online play allowing blocking opponents and precision mines

jimsin
29th July 2009, 11:43 PM
Lets see now.

ICO(tm) and Shadow of the Collossus(r) - Costume Kit for Little Big Planet = £4.79

Wipeout HD Fury = £7.99

So for £4.79 you can put a couple of new outfits on your sack creature and jump about the screen.

And for £7.99 you can indulge in a new campaign, Zone Battles, Detonator & Eliminator modes, race around loads of extra tracks which are nothing short of three dimensional art, pilot new ships - etc. etc. etc. Can you imagine how much work went into this £7.99 expansion compared with the little sack puppet costumes?

But we can't customize our ships. We dont have 100 extra circuits. We don't have ten new teams. New weapons, The expansion doesn't nip through to the kitchen and make a coffee for us when we fancy a break.

Personally I see people trying to rip people off with overpriced, third rate, rubbish content left right and center .... for me, Wipeout Fury isn't just an amazing expansion to HD, but is also practically a gift at the price. You can tell that it's been made with a real passion for quality and balance. Of course there are more things that could possibly have been included - but you can say that about anything. For £7.99 you're getting a hell of a lot of time and effort for your money.

So I guess it saddens me a bit to see the 'not impressed by Fury' thread - to me it seems that SL bust a gut to produce something absolutely amazing, at an incredibly reasonable price, and if that's an unimpressive DLC then I'd love to know what's an impressive one. A Sackboy costume? Maybe the Velvet Revolver Pack for Guitar Hero? 3 songs to play along to for only £3.99.

/end rant.

SaturnReturn
30th July 2009, 12:43 AM
It's not about the price. No-one would argue that it's anything other than excellent value. It's about the game and that it just doesn't grab some people in the same way as others. Some people might not be into all the new zone based modes and just want to race. For these people the expansion represents some new tracks, and not much else. That's a perfectly valid response. There could be plenty of other reasons people are not impressed too. I don't know why people get their knickers in a twist so much whenever a slightly negative opinion is expressed. It's as if SL made a game especially for us entirely in their own free time and out of the goodness of their hearts, and now we're kicking them in the face as a response. None of that happened. I don't doubt that a lot of effort went into Fury, but let's no forget that some people were complaning not so long ago that DLC had been taking too long to arrive. People can criticise and critique it any way they like. If SL read the forums then fine, but why should people not be able to be honest just because this is the case?

Personally, I think if people aren't impressed by Fury itself, then it's only because HD was so damn good in the first place.

blackwiggle
30th July 2009, 01:00 AM
I played FURY solidly for the first few days,but now I fire it up have a few laps and,I hate to say it,turn it off again.

I think it might be some subconscious reaction to the new black FURY GUI,maybe if I return it to the HD one I might feel differently about it,the new one tends to make me feel in a som'bre mood and not wanting to participate.
What with Detonator [another dark background] Zone battle[ Dark again for a lot of it]New Zone tracks [You guessed it,Dark again],75% of the DLC doesn't really feel like a wipeout game as we would of normally/historically have described it.

Still,it's great bang for your bucks

One thing I defiantly don't like is the light blue speed pads on the reflective race track [Talons],very hard to make out,they needed more contrast.

Z_Zoquis
30th July 2009, 01:11 AM
I just don't see how it's possible for someone not to be impressed by Fury. Even if a person doesn't find themselves that interested in the new modes....so what? The modes are still there and maybe the interest will grow over time. It's like not being impressed by a Ferrari becuase you don't happen to like leather upholstery. I also take issue with the notion that "it's not about the price." I think price matters and in the context of price, Fury represents a huge bargain for a fan of the original game. Afaic it would have been well worth the $9.99 even if it was only a package of four add-on tracks.

I guess what bugs me about a thread like this is the fact that some people seem incapable of stepping outside the box of their own personal desires and recognizing a quality product even though it may not be exactly what they would have wanted in their dreams.

But yeah, everyone is entitled to express their perspective on a forum like this and I don't really have any issue with that. By the same token though, we're entitled to express a contrary opinion. ;)

jimsin
30th July 2009, 01:18 AM
I agree that everybody is free to express their opinion and be honest - negative or otherwise.

I also feel that one should be free to disagree with that negative opinion. I'm not saying that I'm right and he's wrong - I'm just trying to explain why I disagree so strongly, and am asking what other PS3 DLCs have been more impressive?

Being unimpressed has no relevance unless someone has something else that they actually were impressed by.

blackwiggle
30th July 2009, 03:40 AM
My reaction to FURY is one of ambivalence atm.

While indeed FURY's overall content is impressive as a whole [I never suggested otherwise],especially considering the price,It's just the way FURY makes me "Feel" in comparison to HD or previous installments of wipeout.

I've been a long term fan of wipeout [and remain so] and having been playing it for close to 15 years,so have many other forum members here.
I've played every version of the game except the N64 & PC versions.

There are plenty of threads in the HD section containing posts from people who are absolutely in love with FURY,I don't see why so much umbrage is being show to those who don't feel the same way.

This thread seems very similar to how some of the wipeout community felt about FUSION to some extent ,but that was a full game not added content,so opinions were slightly more polarized and voiced as such.

FURY doesn't need defending,it just needs an understanding from those who love it that not all others feel the same way,and it's not as if anybody has said they hate it.:)

IH8YOU
30th July 2009, 04:01 AM
To be honest - Fury isn't my ball of wax. New tracks have great shadowing - but they feel too synthetic, or dead. Hard to explain - but race on the 4 new tracks - then go to Vineta K - it just seems more "alive".

I welcome change and new material - but I'm really iffy on the new ships / stats, and bummed about the broken-again side shifting - especially after it was just working again before 2.0 dropped.

So YES, SL keep cranking - I do appreciate your hard work, and I WILL spend my $ on anything new - but I'm already back to the old ships and original tracks after Fury.

Who knows - maybe I'll come around? Its still only been a week or so...

BlochNWhitey
30th July 2009, 05:30 AM
I honestly think Fury is fantastic, I love the new ship stats, it gives me a good chance to beat my old times and such. The new tracks have a fantastic flow to them, BRs work fantastic. If there's anything I don't like it's that the AI seems to LOVE getting in the way tons more now (But I have a good round of eliminator to take out the anger with). As well as zone battle.. I just don't like people getting in the way to be honest, my idea of zone is: Throw on the classical music and bring on the speed!

Edit: I just wanted to add that I really don't enjoy piloting on Amphiseum at all, both ways. There's just nothing exciting about going 'round that track..

krioto
30th July 2009, 08:11 AM
No complaints - loving it!

Really expands the wipeout universe. Keep it up:guitar

Mad-Ice
30th July 2009, 08:12 AM
Impressed I am for sure! It is because of all the new content, it is so much. There is only 1 thing that really bugs me:

It is the way campaign mode works. Eventhough the DLC is called FURY and the most important thing is weapons based. I really don't like the way how everything gets unlocked. You have to play Detonator mode and some Eliminator and Zone battle to get everything unlocked.

These are new modes and they are on top what Wipeout is for me! I think all new game modes are a welcome edition to the series, however I think that campaign mode should always be true to the basics; SR, TT, SL and Tournaments to get through campaign mode and unlock everything without having to play the other modes which are included in campaign anyway.

So if you just really like the other game modes you are also able to get everything unlocked by just playing; Zone, Zone battle, Eliminator and Detonator mode. Or a mix of all modes if you like.

Because of this I quit campaign mode and started with Speed Lap on the new tracks to train for online battles.

gettinmoney662
30th July 2009, 08:15 AM
I don't know what it takes to impress some of you guys. Its a great dlc pack...what more do you want?

Anyway, I love it...

The Fury pack could give free blowjobs while you're playing it and some people would complain about the technique of the blowjob. Gamers are some of the most nitpicky and whiny people ever. You shouldn't be surprised that some people will complain about Fury.

Vartazian
30th July 2009, 08:54 AM
Best Analogy EVER

Asayyeah
30th July 2009, 09:24 AM
Sorry Eric , i have nothing to complain about Fury : speed sensation is definitely there ( more than HD), new tracks are awesome ( eventhough i was not super excited when i heard about their names but their flow is absolutely fantastic, same for graphics and what about the new modes , fully playable on the other previous tracks and so much entertainment ( detonator WOW ! )

BIG thumbs UP for SL

KIGO1987
30th July 2009, 09:39 AM
@ Arnaud; "but their flow is absolutely fantastic";

Spot on there, Pulse tracks rulz. I know you like Modesto Heights, but im too much of a fan of that one, i would of rather had Blue Ridge instead of Modesto Heights in the Fury DLC. But The Amphusieum and Tech De Ra, a just perfect.

alterego
30th July 2009, 09:49 AM
Hi All.

I like Fury dlc.

I see two style of wipe life now....the old one, race, velocity and tip, trick for more velocity and good timing, and the new one with a lot more war and weapons.

between these game styles I prefer the old one, but the new is funny for sure. ;)

in the weaponed side I don't love detonator because it remembers me a lot the old 'space invaders' in 3D acid....ah ah ah ;)
I don't love the games with heavy weapon inside :)

...but Fury it's the perfect completation for HD.

read you soon
cdrom

blackwiggle
30th July 2009, 10:03 AM
I think Mad Ice hit the nail on the head.

To we long term Zoners wipeout has always been,first and foremost about racing.

FURY just seems a diluted version of a wipeout game to those who cherish fast times and perfect laps.

I'm not sure if SL are trying to garner new wipeout players with the different modes [fractured thinking perhaps,as it is an ADD ON,not a new game]

If you don't own the original what would tempt you to by it & the add on?
Zone Battle & Detonator....I don't think so.

If it was promoted as a NEW STAND ALONE VERSION of wipeout,then maybe you would get more bites,but it isn't, so you can't.

Look at the publicity FURY has got,even at Official PS sites have very little if anything about it.

Are any other forums a buzz about this title apart from this one?,please link me to one I would love to see it.

Wipeout has a CORE following,SL knows it,a lot of SL staff are forum members.

Fair enough they have listened to what people have wanted in a wipeout game,and with FURY they have delivered the vast majority of that.
NO CONTEST.I agree

Problem is that the "SOUL", the thing that makes you want to race again and again,challenge yourself before others.
It isn't quite there.
It like having a girlfriend/boyfriend that you suddenly just don't really want to spend that much time with any more,your drifting apart.

HD had it,FURY doesn't.

The online boards are now a distraction to those who want to RACE.

Having somebody host a few races and then suddenly turn it into an Eliminator or Zone Battle is not on.

I'll JOIN a race like that at MY choosing,not at the whim of somebody else that suddenly,and without warning want's to change it.

False advertising it could be equaled to.

I don't dislike FURY.
It's just can't love it,it's like my girlfriend went and got her face tattooed :?

Jambo
30th July 2009, 10:41 AM
Ok I see where you are coming from, but at the end of the day you don't need to play the other modes. The raceing is still there.

I think its great they have given us further options and the darker style reminds me of 2097 a bit.

I still need to learn the tracks properly but what is there I really enjoy.

However it is all opinion and everyone is free to theirs.

lunar
30th July 2009, 11:21 AM
I love Fury more than the original HD. To me it feels more exciting to play, like Asa described, in normal race modes. Normal racing has been expanded in interest with new tracks and interesting ship options. New game modes pull in new players and offer fun we can take or leave. It`s all great fun to play, for me, and great value and I don`t want to analyze it any more than that really as we are just in the area of personal opinion and preference here :)

I do agree with Blackwiggle that there really really needs to be a "get out" option after options are changed online. This is really important. If you join a flash eliminator and end up doing Target 50 Zone Battle because your host sucks it`s kind of rubbish. Not SL`s fault that there are inconsiderate hosts out there, but I think it needs dealing with especially now there is so much choice of game modes. The other thing that needs addressing now is the broken leaderboards. It`s a blot on what has become a terrific game package.

jimsin
30th July 2009, 11:32 AM
I'd just want to second what Jambo says - I'm also MUCH more keen on the racing aspect than the combat aspect ... but the racing is still there, with extra tracks - and if detonator/eliminator doesn't appeal to me, then I don't have to play them.

Perhaps some of the negativity is because a lot of the more dedicated players here feel the need to get a gold medal for every event - so feel pushed into doing things they don't enjoy so much?

I found Zone Battle and Eliminator a bit frustrating at first - but that's because I couldn't properly get my head round them. After getting advice on the boards I'm finding them relatively easy now though - and can enjoy playing through them in the campaign as a bit of a diversion to the usual modes. I still can't figure out Detonator, but am looking at it as a future challenge for when I get tired of the other modes.

Blackwiggle - I couldn't really relate to what you were saying about not enjoying Fury so much because of the darker look to the menus - the old HD menu is still available (I think I prefer it too, but again it's nice to have a choice) - so if you just go back to the HD menus, then it's like your girlfriend getting instant corrective surgery on her facial tattoos! ............ I do think you have a very valid point about the online side though - if you're not into eliminator / zone battle, then I would agree that it would be offputting for somebody else to switch the mode and force you into it. I know you could just leave the game - but you don't really want to have to keep chopping and changing. Perhaps a future patch request could be that you can only go to eliminator / zone battle by hosting a new race?

I'm not taking umbrage to the negative comments, I'm just trying to understand them - and by extending the debate, I am indeed grasping it better. There are some people who just don't get impressed with anything ... it's only by explaining the reason for being unimpressed that it says something about Fury and not just about yourself.

blackwiggle
30th July 2009, 11:58 AM
I turned the Fury GUI back to HD in control options......It's still black...go figure.

It's a mood thing,some people like to race with heavy metal music,I don't mind it as such,some I actually enjoy,but I would rather have the option of changing the mood.
The BLACK default FURY GUI was initially stunning,the novelty wore off very quickly.

Must be a generation thing.

I NEED something UPLIFTING,VISUALLY,Black is not uplifting IMHO.

All black has is IMPACT....which wares off quickly after repeated viewings .

I wouldn't mind it so much if I didn't have to constantly have to return to it.

Asayyeah
30th July 2009, 12:31 PM
Between you and me, BW, i hate heavy metal music (but i ate Pony burger :burger , nvm another story :redface:) can't stand thinking to listen to other genre than 'progressive trance happy music' under Wipeout, actually that gives me the light to the darkness of my fav Wipeout : 2097/XL and in extenso to the new Fury tracks.

djKyoto
30th July 2009, 12:50 PM
I love Fury, It's a Dark, dirty, gritty Explosive turn from the Bright, clean crisp HD. Theres nothing that revolutionary about fury over then normal HD, but it just gives you so much more to do. I loves Fury. I changed all my Custom music to reflect, going from Chill out / Dance to Hardcore / Speed rave. :rock

Fury Rules.

blackwiggle
30th July 2009, 01:01 PM
You had HARDCORE DANCE tracks while beating Zone Zeus :eek

I still wonder how you managed that.

Not that I want to listen to morse code or Elbow while racing.

Neither suits.

TechNetic
30th July 2009, 03:08 PM
I'm extremely impressed with Fury, the new ships, tracks and modes are sweet. The visuals in Fury are so much better than standard HD too.

TheDukeZip
30th July 2009, 03:13 PM
I am impressed with Fury. You've got 8 new tracks to master if you count reverse. Online zone competitions for the zone zueses, plus a battle mode which needs with an entirely different strategy than racing.

I don't really know what else you could hope for with a $10 DLC.

ACE-FLO
30th July 2009, 03:26 PM
So Fury is an expansion to HD. Not a game in its own right... and for very little money.

How can so many peeps complain at all that extra content? Pulses combined DLC costs almost twice what you lot paid for Fury! Come on peeps, just enjoy your game, it cost you the same as a nando's meal! The food is in transit - Fury has arrived and is for life!

Connavar
30th July 2009, 04:20 PM
I've just played a bit of the campaign (finished the first 2 events, but didn't
get a gold on detonator elite ...), this game is fantastic!

It looks like SL listened to us :+, they've fixed a bunch of details, for instance
they even readded the non stop beep-beep-beep in Zone mode when you're
about the explode.

And it appears they fixed the BSB as well?

The Eliminator is phenomenal thanks to the ability to turn 180 degrees!!
And Zone Battle looks great too.

AG-wolf
30th July 2009, 04:58 PM
I don't think people quite understood what I was saying. I didn't say I really disliked anything about Fury... I'm just saying after all the hype and anticipation, I was surprised that I didn't go apesh*t over it. It's good, the new tracks have a notably different atmosphere than the original ones but it works well, the new ship designs suit the "feeling" of the update (regardless of personal preference on a few key design choices), and for ten bucks, it's definitely an awesome buy... SL could have charged 50% more and I still wouldn't have thought twice about it.

I just... maybe I'm burned out on Wipeout lately. Fury is pretty much the ONLY Wipeout I've been playing since the NA tournament up at Al's place, too...

subtotal
30th July 2009, 05:47 PM
the new fury game modes didnt really appeal to me when i first played them
but now that i'm getting better at them i'm enjoying them loads more

good work all round from SL in my opinion -although i'm getting massive frame rate drops and my ps3 froze 4 times during my first evening's play -it has been fine since then though

Darkdrium777
30th July 2009, 05:50 PM
I think part of the problem for why I am not "OMG WIPEOUT HD FURY" all the time is because I had to wait EIGHT hours before actually being able to buy it, and by then I knew pretty much how Zone Battle and Eliminator worked. The only "surprise" was Detonator... And we all know what this made me do.
I couldn't share the fun with my Euro and Australian friends, so that's what's probably killed the interest for me. By the time I had it downloaded and installed, there was practically nobody online and I was doing the campaign. It's not as exciting when you're starting in Venom...

Don't get me wrong, Fury is great, it adds a ton of stuff to WipEout HD which would be too long to list here, however I'm not as excited about it as I hoped I would be. :(

MEKAGORI
30th July 2009, 06:54 PM
You know, if it wasn't for Fury, I wouldn't be playing WOHD this much.

I wouldn't have fallen in love with Goteki 45 and joined this site.

...despite this, the new ship models are, for lack of a better term, ugly. They looke like Transformers, or like they're trying too hard.

They also kinda all look the same, almost. Each of the older models had a distinct look to them, like Piranha with its curves and Harimau with it's fishy body and Mirage with it's... lol, roundness.

Aeroracer
30th July 2009, 07:15 PM
i like wipeout fury. Anyone who wasnt too keen on wipeout hd cos it was too much about racing and not about combat are now happy, thx to fury. so i think most people are happy as the game appeals to all.:naughty:nod:nod

I think all the crybabys who whine about fury should be sent to bed without supper.:naughty:naughty:naughty:p:p

newtype
31st July 2009, 06:54 PM
I think part of the problem for why I am not "OMG WIPEOUT HD FURY" all the time is because I had to wait EIGHT hours before actually being able to buy it, and by then I knew pretty much how Zone Battle and Eliminator worked. The only "surprise" was Detonator... And we all know what this made me do.
I couldn't share the fun with my Euro and Australian friends, so that's what's probably killed the interest for me. By the time I had it downloaded and installed, there was practically nobody online and I was doing the campaign. It's not as exciting when you're starting in Venom...

Don't get me wrong, Fury is great, it adds a ton of stuff to WipEout HD which would be too long to list here, however I'm not as excited about it as I hoped I would be. :(

I agree. I thought HD was great and I do appreciate the added content, but for me, something about Fury just doesn't resonate well with me. I think some of it has to do with:

-the new ships being superior over the regular (why use the old?)
-framerate dips
-ads within loading screens

Fury was a great deal for $10, but I can't help but wonder if I liked the regular HD more before things got all, umm, furious-

Aeroracer
31st July 2009, 08:05 PM
I dont really get where your coming from...Fury is a update for hd.hd was a standalone game. How can you say one is better than the other when its the same game and its update.Its just extra tracks and options to add variety to the game and lengthen it's life.

I think SL achieved everything it intended to do with fury, hopefully it's success will lead to another patch one day that may make the players that are still unhappy happy:nod:nod

Avenger2197
1st August 2009, 12:37 AM
@jasmin-jade

I think the major problem with Fury IS it's feel. To elaborate, try taking an HD ship out on the new tracks, then take a Fury ship on the same run. Notice a difference? Sure, sure, that may be the point, but it does not diminish the fact that some of the "feeling" seems missing. Like the soul of Wipeout has gone out of the game and left forever. Especially when we were so close to a return of the glory days of AG racing. The Fury craft seem to lack a lot of the "character" that the HD ships have in abundance. They seem too over-powered to me, more like a zone ship rather than a regular racing craft. Again, maybe that's the point, but I don't feel the same way I did about Fury as of two days ago.

Am I impressed? Oh hell yes! I think that ALL the new content was needed and is welcome. It just needs some work done to specific aspects of it that don't exist atm. A major thumbs up to SL for slaving away at this for almost a year.:+ Definitely well done, it just needs some "spit and polish" so to speak;)

Lance
1st August 2009, 12:43 AM
" Like the soul of Wipeout has gone out of the game and left forever."

That'a bit unduly pessimistic, isn't? Forever is a looooooooooooooooong time.

Avenger2197
1st August 2009, 12:55 AM
Could be lol. That or Three years or so, like last time.(Fusion to Pure timeframe) Take your pick.:g

KIGO1987
1st August 2009, 12:56 AM
Wipeout still has its soul, its still being produced by Studio Liverpool and being sold on the Sony format.

SL works on Fury is well done, all really needs to be added to the game is some more in game content like a couple of more ships, some more tracks, and some retro ones too. Then that will be perfect.

Colin Crob Egg Paul and the Crew :+

Avenger2197
1st August 2009, 01:00 AM
Your right Kigo, it does. I don't know about anyone else, but when I first flew the Fury ships, Fusion came to mind immediately as per how they handled around the track, well at least somewhat.

Aeroracer
1st August 2009, 01:24 AM
well what can i say..You must be very good at the game and played for a long time and one with your ships.

I really cant tell any real difference myself from fury or hd ships.perhaps with time i will notice.:nod:nod

brummpahh
1st August 2009, 01:32 AM
Hi everybody,

still trying to get used to the new feeling...but fury
(4me) really drew a great amount of fun out of the game.
2097 kicked for years
HD rocked me the last few weeks. yeah.
Fury - ok. 4 new tracks. narrow. curvy. One
moment silence for Talon's reach...ahh better now.

It definitly needs a large patch to become to a smooth,
superior racing dream. crappy sound, stuttering images,
PC-feeling...it's no fun piloting at >800 miles/hour and
ps3 stops for a while thinking about drawing the great
landscape (i don't care about it in this moment , because there are so much of you skilled contenders out there :rock:beer).

back to racing, cu on the tracks :)

gettinmoney662
1st August 2009, 08:53 PM
Bwahahaha at the "soul of Wipeout." Woooow.

newtype
1st August 2009, 11:00 PM
I feel like HD = Pure and Fury = Pulse...Pulse wasn't bad, but something just doesn't resonate with me. I wanted to finish all of campaign with HD, but with Fury, I don't really care.

...this probably comes from my disgust with another "feature" they thought fit to add last week -_-

Can someone please tell me how to block/ignore people on the board?

RedScar
1st August 2009, 11:14 PM
To say that I am 100% happy with Fury is a lie, but overall it is a great bit of DLC for my most played PS3 game. I may not be a fan of Zone Battle, but detonator is my new passion, I've been playing it to death so I can catch DD777.
The biggest problem that I have with it is that after playing the hell outta the old 8 tracks, that the new 4 I almost don't even wanna try. That maybe just my "online" self getting frustrated at the collision lag, but narrow tracks are not my favorite.

Amon
2nd August 2009, 01:32 AM
For me it's real nice. The new modes change the scope of the gameplay, the new tracks are a beauty to watch ( but a little too narrow to race on ) andthe ships designs are quite nice.

It's a pity that they've not been able to mantain a stable 60fps. You can really feel how much it is important when, after a couple of hours with fury, you go back to time attack at sol2.

XBARNSTERX
2nd August 2009, 03:44 PM
I'm not impressed by the fact my records havent updated in the last two days. To tell you the truth i'm pissed. Campaigns **** also.

DrMannevond
2nd August 2009, 07:04 PM
My two cents :
Just to make one thing clear - I absolutely LOVE wipeout, and it's about the only thing I've played over the last year. The intensity of a close race on phantom is just mindblowing at times, and that's my problem with Fury right there. What happened to my beloved racing-game? I have to admit - testing fury for the first time was a bit like popping in Fusion for the first time. It was fun for about two minutes, and then I crashed into a bunch of TREES (wtf?) conveniently placed in THE MIDDLE of the track. And then I was stupid enough to think I could grind walls, like in 2097/XL, and lo-and-behold; the bloody barriers blocking the alternate routes ground my ship to a complete halt, and then flipped it 180 degrees. And that's why I stopped playing Fusion.
Now - Fury :
The good thing is the new tracks. More tracks is always a good thing, and I am already in love with Tech De Ra.
The "bad" is, well, everything else. Eliminator is vaguely fun at times, but I keep losing because it's just so much more fun to race. Detonator and Zone races I have to admit I don't like at all (Never been a fan of zone mode to start with). And the reason I'm not a fan of any of the new modes is just that - they're new! It's the exact same problem as with Fusion. They took perfection and started adding stuff to it that just doesn't belong there.
Why couldn't they have added things like team matches, a new speed class, more ships, custom ships, a mines OFF option, league play, etc. instead of three completely new modes that have one thing in common - taking the game away from what it's supposed to be.
And a final note to SL : Don't get me wrong - you have given me one of the greatest games of all times, and for that I'm grateful, but this is also the second time you have taken the game I love and added stuff that does not belong there, and in the process diluting the essence of wipeout. (Fusion/Fury).

XBARNSTERX
2nd August 2009, 07:36 PM
My thoughts exactly, love the tracks , ships and quite fond of detonater. I realise different people prefer different things so i'm all up for new modes. Online races consist of nothing but eliminaters which is the worse mode for drops in the framerate(not very attractive). Also i like zoning with just me on the track, pushing my pilot limits. Wasnt that the point of zones, instead off crashing into a black hole around ever bend. With update 2 everything seems/seemed to run a lot smoother, heck the game even stopped crashing in online races. Until it crashed in a racebox tournament for the first time ever. Now there are a few pilots, i imagine more too that complained about records not updating. Seriously i 'm getting to the point where i dont want to play the sodding game anymore. I'm heart broken:? p.s speed laps my favourite mode(whats the point with no updates)

sny
2nd August 2009, 09:37 PM
Barnster: I'm pretty sure that whatever is causing times to not update will be fixed soon. In the mean time, there's Connavar's excellent ranking site to compare your times on. :)

I think Fury is a great addition even though it deviates from the tried-and-true "high-speed racing with weapons" mantra... I think of it as an excursion that some people will only take once and - feeling uninpressed by it - will go back to their old way of racing, whereas some will revisit the new modes that have been added from time to time, if they need a break from single races/speed laps/breaking zone records. The good thing about the add-on is that the new modes needn't be played to enjoy all the benefits of it: you get all new tracks and ships right off the bat, the campaign is only for the collectors and achievers among us, really, because the locked skins aren't really that special.

To be truthful, by the time I got the last gold medal in the Fury campaign I actually longed for some speed laps on the old tracks, so I'm pretty sure I won't be doing zone battles and detonator runs for a while (with the sole exception of reaching 470k on Tech De Ra reverse detonator, which I'm already pretty close to... it's the last elite gold medal I lack). It's back to 99 lap sessions for me to learn the old - and new - tracks and improve on my consistency. :)

Aeroracer
2nd August 2009, 10:17 PM

????????
translate please

Darkdrium777
2nd August 2009, 11:46 PM
Can someone please tell me how to block/ignore people on the board?Easy: User CP > Edit Ignore List , enter the name and press Ok.

nexusc
3rd August 2009, 12:55 PM
They took perfection and started adding stuff to it that just doesn't belong there.
Why couldn't they have added things like team matches, a new speed class, more ships, custom ships...

I completely agree! I think Wipeout HD was seriously a masterpiece in its own right, but (personally speaking) the future of Wipeout is not in new and crazy game modes which make it totally different to.. well, Wipeout.

Campaign mode for me is great fun until I see all these empty boxes for Detonator and Zone Battle. From then on the only zoning out that happens is my interest..

Time to re-focus SL - I wouldn't have a problem with Fury if it didn't have the "Wipeout" badge attached to it, something like "Futuristic cyber shooting, barrier dodging mini games of fun" would have gone down better.. seriously.

We have internet, we have community. We have a complete ball-tearer of a game in its original format. Build the online component, expand the tracks, add in new teams and a proper ranking system etc.

Sigh....

Constrictor
3rd August 2009, 01:47 PM
@DrMannevond: THX for your (Fury) comments. That's it for me, too.

New tracks are fun to learn and play. 10 bucks is ok w/ me. The other stuff is short term motivation (eleminator) or complete crap (zone battle) ... in between I find detonator. I even lost my motivation to complete the campaign on elite thanks to detonator.

Being not that much online recently (not because of Fury) I just asked myself: Did the community split already? Where are all those long term online followers I stumbled on every day in single online races?

anderkovver
3rd August 2009, 02:38 PM
i dont like detonator and dont like zone battle, and even eliminator dont give me the fun like race mode does but still i think the game is awesome i would buy the fury pack even if there was only 2 new tracks but that is for everyone to deside i spend much more money on games they last that long as wipeout ....hope there will be a new wipeout next year as they promise a long time ago

ProblemSolver
3rd August 2009, 02:52 PM
I don't really get the rant about Zone Battle her. First off all, this mode
works. And secondly, why not to give WipEout a chance to expand?

crawdad62
3rd August 2009, 04:38 PM
I think it's beautiful. Another stellar job by SL. However I'm not too keen on the added stuff. I just like to race. I know I can still do that and I'm sure there's people that would rather have all the other modes in there but to me it just seems diluted from Wipeout.

Eliminator is fun but it's just a free for all (I know that's the point) but I find myself just trying to lead the race. The rest of the added content I don't compete in.

Impressed? Yes. It's impressive and I'm sure there's a lot of new people playing because of the added forms of play but for me it just doesn't need to be.

silverfoxy
4th August 2009, 11:34 AM
I never thought anything would be able to cure my addiction to Wipeout.

However, Fury has.

Not a fan of the new tracks at all. Most seem to have far too many 90 degree turns for me and I struggle to do PLs at venom speed let alone phantom.

The only one I enjoy slightly is Syncopia and even that gets dull with all the BRs you have to do.

I've gone back to the HD menu as although I'm sick to the death of the music its more preferrable than the Fury darkness.

Not getting on well with the new modes. Detonator is a shooter which goes against the grain of what I believe Wipeout is about. I can understand why its been introduced but its really not for me. Eliminator is alright, only so long you can go round shooting people before it gets tiresome though.
And Zone battle - I thought I'd really love this but it hasn't grabbed me at all. It takes away the skill of zone IMO and makes it more about dodgems and who can hit the most pads.

Well, at least now I can get back to playing other games instead of being a 1 game Fox !!

Constrictor
4th August 2009, 01:59 PM
Wow, that is hard to read. With all the non-WOHD-games left aside I'm still addicted to the the game. But that seconds my impression that fans been lost.

The new tracks are difficult or different - granted - but even that I still suck it's getting better every time I race. I like that now because I'm able to improve and have fun. What really hurts is the gap between old and new tracks. Rage-quit is an option for me on the new ones :)

btw, I also changed back to the classic menu after 30 minutes of fury racing. Not because the fury menu sucks it's because my eyes couldn't adjust to it. From time to time I switch back to enjoy it for a few minutes.

OBH
4th August 2009, 02:08 PM
I love detanator mode. Only attempted it once and completed vineta k but i love how hectic it gets! tracks like CP or Seb must be nuts.

love9sick
5th August 2009, 07:47 AM
I disagree with all complaints against Fury. I can't believe the changes and awesomeness offered for 10 stupid bucks. I paid that much for a stupid sandwich meal yesterday. Tech D Ra is awesomeness!

ProblemSolver
5th August 2009, 09:32 AM
ROFL xD

SonicChaos
5th August 2009, 06:22 PM
I'm not OMGZ! impressed, but for a $10 DLC it's well worth it. on a scale of 1-10 it'd probably be an 8.5 imho.

DawnFireDragoon
9th August 2009, 12:41 AM
While i wouldn't say that i was not really impressed, i would say i was a little underwhelmed.

i read a lot about the menu been sharp and amazing. it does have nice music, but its shakey and fuzzy when you select something. i guess it's the future and that sort of thing happens??? even the studio liverpool logo suffers from Killzone-menu-itis.

Tracks, (now this is personal taste here) i played talons and was just like, yep bright, transparency, neon, the usual HD stuff, then played tech de ra and amphiseum...which almost had me...there are some really nicely lit, old school wipeout esque portions to these tracks which i loved...ruined by the HD design approach portions...in my opinion. it shows it is possible to do a HD version of older Wipeouts...which is a very very exciting prospect.

New ship designs, ugly. not for me.

Having said that, it has a great new soundtrack, some new game types and is totally worth the asking price as a fan of wipeout.

to me it is a mixed bag, of
'oh, that's kinda cool'
'don't like that' and
'damn, that's almost awesome'

i do wonder how a pack purely based on Wipeout as a core racer would have turned out. no new modes, just pure racing. new tracks, ships...e.t.c.

PLazarou
9th August 2009, 01:15 AM
Well I'd guess it would have turned out the same. It would have cost £4.99 instead of £7.99, and it would have had the four (+ four reverse) new tracks, and some new ship designs/skins. And nothing else. No new menu, no new music, no new modes, no new campaign.

Z_Zoquis
9th August 2009, 12:38 PM
and I guarantee there'd have been a thread within a week entitled "Underwhelmed with the new track pack??" which would have contained endless posts (possibly from some of the same people in this thread) complaining about the "lack of anything more than just some tracks and a few new ships."

:)

ProblemSolver
9th August 2009, 12:55 PM
xD True dat is.

PLazarou
9th August 2009, 01:47 PM
Exactly!

DawnFireDragoon
9th August 2009, 03:04 PM
yeah, i would agree. :nod

but i think it's a good thing, you get a wide range of opinions. rather than extreme love / extreme hate.

Also, for the most part Studio Liverpool probably aren't too fussed on some views of their product and people complaining about 'their vision' of wipeout, but also some of it has to help them with what people like / dislike, whats popular / whats not.

there is some good here, and would have been, if like you guys suggest, there was a different selection of content and different threads as a result.

crawdad62
9th August 2009, 03:21 PM
I don't think that there's a lot to complain about. I can see where the OP is coming from though. Unimpressed probably isn't the correct term but it is different.

After spending more time on it I'm coming around to some of the newer aspects. But from a purist standpoint it maybe different enough to cause people to question the direction of the series.

Sausehuhn
9th August 2009, 04:17 PM
[…] and was just like, yep bright, transparency, neon, the usual HD stuff, then played tech de ra and amphiseum...which almost had me...there are some really nicely lit, old school wipeout esque portions to these tracks which i loved...ruined by the HD design approach portions...in my opinion.[…]
Yep, signed. Transparency and neon are nice, especially on high definition, but they should be used sparingly to keep the impact of these effects.

Constrictor
10th August 2009, 01:20 PM
I am impressed!

Let's have a look at the real costs for me: I'm down to ~0.10(298122...) EUR / 1 hour gameplay (incl. Fury Update) w/o PS3 cost and power included.

That's a bargain :hyper I think I'd never invested that 'less' for so much fun. And to keep the bashing alife: I even deducted Detonator and Zonebattle time from the calculation - 'cause that wasn't fun :p

Michelasso
10th August 2009, 01:38 PM
Wipeout HD is for me the best PSN game ever. Fury is the best PSN dlc. Even if they are a little overpriced in euro compared to dollars, they still are great value for money.

Fury itself is great. Just for Eliminator is worth the buying. The 4 new tracks are cool, I like the new ships design with their improved specs. Still, it is the damn hardest game to make trophies for. I'm at 52%, having few Fury bronzes as well. But all together it's a technical masterpiece. Never has connection issues, for once. And we all know about the graphics.

Lightlord
10th August 2009, 09:51 PM
Its pretty good except the piranha looks fat and ugly limited tracks for normal race and the game still crashes onlime, grr sort that out studio liverpool lol
Oh well you can't get everything you wish for maybe in the next patch eh guys?

SonicChaos
10th August 2009, 11:15 PM
I still encounter crashing every once in awhile as well. That's also why patches were invented so hopefully it'll get fixed.

darkfaerytales
11th August 2009, 04:13 AM
i do wonder how a pack purely based on Wipeout as a core racer would have turned out. no new modes, just pure racing. new tracks, ships...e.t.c.

modes are important yes, but sincerelly i have prefered one mode less, and two more tracks instead...

Tracks, (now this is personal taste here) i played talons and was just like, yep bright, transparency, neon, the usual HD stuff, then played tech de ra and amphiseum...which almost had me...there are some really nicely lit, old school wipeout esque portions to these tracks which i loved...ruined by the HD design approach portions...in my opinion. it shows it is possible to do a HD version of older Wipeouts...which is a very very exciting prospect.

good point here, i remenber someone from SL who was talking about the new tracks were choosen for variety aspect :? umm...
anyway i haven't nothing to rant since 3 out of 4 tracks introduced in fury are my favourites, and the new HD version of talon's isn't bad afterall
and...
tech de ra:rock
the amphiseum :clap

sure, a blue ridge and a vertica would have helped such variety but...( a " stay true to the original version " of blue ridge, i have a bad feeling to expect me a future version of blue ridge with all the forest trees rid out and replaced with neons, robots,glass shapes, monorails and crazy traffic )

crawdad62
17th August 2009, 04:33 PM
I was racing online last night and raced only one new track. Seems like most of the rooms were HD tracks. Played Eliminator a few times but every time it was on an HD track. There just wasn't anyone hosting any of the Fury tracks. Hmmmm

blackwiggle
17th August 2009, 04:50 PM
Even the ELITE pilots are staying away from the new tracks.

Online has changed,eliminator has taken momentary charge ,but only at low speed.

It is SO dangerous for Phantom pilots to get used to the new craft on the new tracks.

Reason: Wipeout World Cup.

The rules are old craft old HD craft.

Nobody in their right mind want's to suddenly change back,it's practice,practice,practice.

Get it right and keep it solid :hyper

crawdad62
17th August 2009, 05:02 PM
Looks like not only the Elite players are staying away.... it's everyone. Plenty of Fury ship though. It's kind of a shame. I can't say I enjoy the Fury tracks as well as the HD ones but there's some good racing to be had. I've never played any of the older Wipeout franchise so they're all new to me. I do think they've gone a bit overboard with the chicanes. At least for me I can't get into a rhythm. They just don't flow like the HD tracks.

Aeroracer
17th August 2009, 05:08 PM
fury tracks are cool.nothing wrong with them..just as good as hd tracks

only reason they are not played as much as hd tracks is because when you are hosting like i do with 8 players more often than not there is a player who hasnt got fury and it will kick them out of the game if you select a fury track.so i pick a hd track cos im a nice person. thats it.plus the fact many players are not good enough on the fury tracks to compete like me. but i will soon be playing them in my games..:hyper:hyper

i have never seen more eliminator than racing when i go online but there are so many regions and times of day. i cant really say for sure..SL will know for sure.
The good thing with eliminator is anyone can win, if they get a good run of luck, with racing though its a lot harder to do that and generally the best player wins mostly.

It is SO dangerous for Phantom pilots to get used to the new craft on the new tracks.

they are playing the new tracks. check the leaderboards they have all the records. I was playing online with a bunch of them on saturday and they were reallllyyyyy fast..

silverfoxy
17th August 2009, 05:12 PM
When I go online all I'm confronted with is Eliminator. When I've been on between 50-75% of all games are these. Its very rare as well that I come across a Zone battle. These just don't seem to have caught on that much.

I'm slowly getting my head around the new tracks on rapier but fear most will be a bit too technical at phantom. I'm just as happy on the HD tracks though to be honest.

Darkdrium777
17th August 2009, 05:15 PM
WipEout does not consist of Anoobpha Pass only.
Tough luck, if I'm ever hosting (hahaha good luck with the online code in the state it's currently in) you'll find plenty of Sebenco, Sol 2, Chengou, Metropia, Tech de Ra, Talons Junction or Amphiseum. But no Anoobpha Pass or Moa Therma. Ever.

PoliPino
17th August 2009, 05:29 PM
I agree with crawdad on the Fury tracks, mostly. Tech De Ra and Amphesium are actually pretty fun tracks though, and Modesto Heights makes for a pretty good race. Talon's Junction is the only track I can say a truly dislike. Really skinny, tight turns, and the semi-transparent track = frustration
But they don't have the same 'flow' as the HD tracks. Maybe I'll eventually get used to them though. I kind of thought the same way about Chenghou and Sebenco when I first got the game, but I like those tracks now.

As for the new modes, eliminator is really the only one I really like playing. I don't like Detonator at all (I cringe at needing to play the mode in Fury campaign), and Zone battle isn't nearly as fun as single race, IMO.

The new ship designs took a bit to get used to, but now I like the look of them. The HD ships look almost plain in comparison now. The increased stats level the field pretty well too. Icaras isn't the runaway it used to be.

BTW, does anyone know for sure if Eliminations in online Eliminator events count toward the AG Assassin trophy? That was a pretty tough trophy to get when it all had to be done in regular racing. Now you could get that many kills in a couple days...

SonicChaos
17th August 2009, 07:20 PM
Yes they do count. I got mine in Eliminator, you just can't get Double Kill that way unfortunately.

PoliPino
17th August 2009, 08:00 PM
That's a shame. Oh well, I got mine the old fashioned way :)

It must be one of the easier Silver medals to get now.

crawdad62
17th August 2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah that does kind of seem like a cheap way to get the trophy. I would imagine it wouldn't take long. A few races and you've got it. I never kept track of when I got mine but I know it was after I'd had HD for quite a while.

silverfoxy
17th August 2009, 08:11 PM
It was my last trophy before transcendence and I really had to work hard for it. It does feel lessened to know you could prob do it in a day now :frown:

SonicChaos
17th August 2009, 08:41 PM
You can. Still it was one of those grind trophies where it was just a matter of time before you got it.

fragje
17th August 2009, 09:05 PM
its a matter of just a few races now.. just like the 100.000 loyality one :/

SonicChaos
17th August 2009, 09:12 PM
Eliminator made them go a lot faster. Livery Liberation, AG Assassin, and WipEout Disciple are a lot easier.