PDA

View Full Version : WipEout HD Acid (not) coming

pascal
28th July 2009, 03:24 PM
The following is both French, and complete and utter nonsense. There's no truth to it at all.

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5134/wipeoutacid.jpgNous apprenons la venue d'un nouveau contenu téléchargeable qui viendra étailler de nouveau le célèbre jeu de courses WipEout HD de courses anti-gravitationelles. Après WipEout HD Fury, c'est au tour de WipEout HD Acid de se dévoiler et d'annoncer ce qui va être ajouté au jeu. Les écuries Tigron, Van-Über et G-Tech seront bel et bien présentes pour faire passer au complet la flotte de l'opus HD. Du côté des nouveaux circuits, quatre pistes ayant fait le bonheur des joueurs dans les versions passées referont surface dans des versions remixées. Deux nouveaux modes devraient également être de la partie, Détonateur en équipe et un autre mode plus obscur.

Pour résumer le nouveau contenu :
- Écuries Tigron, Van-Über et G-Tech,
- Quatre nouveaux circuits ayant marqué l'histoire WipEout en version normale et inversée,
- Le mode Détonateur en équipe,
- Un autre nouveau mode non dévoilé pour l'instant,
- Remixes de certaines musiques des précédents WipEout,
- Et probablement le même lot de nouveautés apportées par Fury en son temps, comme un nouveau style de menu, des nouvelles apparences de vaisseaux...

Sortie prévue au premier trimestre 2010.

NightArh
28th July 2009, 03:26 PM
What is this? Teamplay... New ships... Translate please...

djKyoto
28th July 2009, 03:32 PM
I'm not buying this from someone with a 1 post count.

krioto
28th July 2009, 03:34 PM
Hmm - seems to suggest the return of the other teams, 4 new modes - 1 yet to be determined, and Detonator team play?

zerojay
28th July 2009, 03:34 PM
I'll translate it for you guys:

We just found out that a new downloadable update will be coming to the celebrated antigravity racing game Wipeout HD. After Wipeout HD Fury, it's Wipeout HD Acid's turn to reveal itself as the next addon for the game. The Tigron, Van-Uber and G-Tech teams will be present to take their turns around the Wipeout HD opus. As for new tracks, four new tracks that have made players quite happy in previous versions will be coming back remixed (I wouldn't take this to mean anything more than the standard HD makeover, by the way). Two new modes will also be a part of the update including Team Detonator and another unknown mode.

To sum up the new content:
- Tigron, Van-Uber and G-Tech teams
- Four new tracks from Wipeout's past in both normal and reversed versions.
- New Team Detonator mode.
- Another new mode that hasn't been revealed yet.
- Remixes of music from previous Wipeout games.
- And probably the same amount of new stuff that Fury brought such as a new menu style, new ship styles, etc...

Release is expected to be first quarter of 2010.

Artieficial
28th July 2009, 03:37 PM
If this is true, then I'll be damned. More Wipeout HD is *always* a good thing, you know. ;) I'll keep buying whatever Studio Liverpool decides to release, as WOHD is my favourite PS3 game by far.

pascal
28th July 2009, 03:40 PM
Hey, it may not be true ! I want that to be real. I did not say they were developing it.

micky1984
28th July 2009, 03:41 PM
hhhhmmmmmm slightly dubious . . . . . . . still show the proof and ill b happy

Yomismi
28th July 2009, 03:41 PM
:? Is this real?

I hope it is real :dizzy

Jambo
28th July 2009, 03:42 PM
Hmm why do this to us!

pascal
28th July 2009, 03:42 PM
I do not know if it is real. I found it on a french forum.

micky1984
28th July 2009, 03:43 PM
you bumder :p lol

NightArh
28th July 2009, 03:43 PM
Is this from Wipeout Future forums? :)

pascal
28th July 2009, 03:44 PM
No, a french forum, but the topic has been deleted, I kept a save :).

zerojay
28th July 2009, 03:54 PM
Hey, it may not be true ! I want that to be real. I did not say they were developing it.

Uh... yes, you *did*. There's nothing in your original message that says that it's a "concept" or idea or wishlist or anything like that. You presented it like it was a news post on a website that was just unsourced.

pascal
28th July 2009, 03:57 PM
In fact, I reported the information. If you want, it is not coming out of "my" mouth :). I did not make it, I found it. I copy/pasted the whole thread.

kaori
28th July 2009, 04:00 PM
Why G-tech ? G-Tech is AG-Systems
Why Acid ? Fury was for cambodia, what does Acid mean ?

It's a fake for me.

Artieficial
28th July 2009, 04:06 PM
Fake until proven otherwise, eh?

Amorbis
28th July 2009, 04:11 PM
Based only on the new logo I think it's a hoax, why would Studio Liverpool reuse the old Wip3out font? I'm not saying that they won't ever but it seems unlikely. Also the logo looks badly shopped with the outer and inner glows plus again the font. One of the Studio Liverpool staff said that making these packs is incredibly time consuming to it perfect so I doubt it would be coming out early next year, if anything it would be late Spring/early Summer.

It won't be long before Colin, Paul or another Studio Liverpool'r comes along and debunks it. I'd love it to be real but we've just got Fury so I'm happy for now, I won't be needing anything else for another year or so :D.

Rubix42
28th July 2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking false too. Based solely on the look of that logo. It looks incredibly photoshopped and I dare say I don't think SL would go from the clean futuristic font of Wipeout HD and Fury into a font like is used in that picture. It doesn't look that nice together and a big part of Wipeout is that it looks so smooth and clean.

Spece2goin
28th July 2009, 04:22 PM
STOP!!!

Remember, unless Paul or Colin say something to us, rumors are only rumors!!

mic-dk
28th July 2009, 04:23 PM
But... but... it sez so on teh Interwebz?!?

ACE-FLO
28th July 2009, 04:34 PM
Baise moi... I smell bull crapola in abundance lol...

It can't be true. Logic dictates that SL would be working on fixing patches and the like. Fury just got released. Sony/SL have to see how popular Fury is with gamers before commissioning another release... they won't collate these stats for 3months at least!

Besides, we haven't heard it from the horses mouth yet.

I mean, did anyone know about Fury before SL posted here? exactly...

HD ACID, just got burnt!

Mu5
28th July 2009, 04:38 PM
Soon as I seen the logo I knew it was :turd lol

Darkdrium777
28th July 2009, 04:43 PM
I won't be needing anything else for another year or so :D.Personally I'd like the DLC to come out a little faster, right... We sure got new tracks for HD but it is still falling short of the number of tracks in Pulse a little. I'd like it for HD to get the same amount of tracks as Pulse, or more, quickly so I don't get bored of some tracks like what happened with both Anulpha Pass and Moa Therma (I basically don't play these anymore.)

But yeah, nice fake there. :clap

IH8YOU
28th July 2009, 04:48 PM
I hope this IS fake, its high time we got NEW content, no more recycling Pulse and Pure tracks. *XL/2097 remake exempt from that statement. ;-)

Yagya
28th July 2009, 07:14 PM
This sounds like fishy business, but OH HOW I WISH IT WERE TRUE!

Hemicrania
28th July 2009, 07:28 PM
fake photoshopping, period.

and it looks ugly too, doesnt line with anything. Not very professional. Hehe, I should create such a topic, make some brilliant logos / fanart. Recreate all the old ships in 3D, and let you guys drool for a bit...but I won't ...cous its mean...

GreenPhazon
28th July 2009, 07:38 PM
I hope this IS fake, its high time we got NEW content, no more recycling Pulse and Pure tracks. *XL/2097 remake exempt from that statement. ;-)

Here, here. Let's see something new from the Studo at Liverpool.

KIGO1987
28th July 2009, 08:58 PM
Release is expected to be first quarter of 2010.

Probably more like Q3 2010, like 2009 for Fury, and 2008 for HD.

STOP!!!

Remember, unless Paul or Colin say something to us, rumors are only rumors!!

They cant say anything regardless about any future title. Some sorta secretive agreement or some shi t.

BTW Gare De Europe better be in that DLC if old ones are going to be included.

IH8YOU
28th July 2009, 09:17 PM
I'm sorry - when I say XL - I MEAN Gare d' Europa. :)

RedScar
28th July 2009, 10:24 PM
I'd be cool with this, the more WO the better. I'd like to see some new teams thrown into the mix (new new or from olders WOs) to break up the online lean towards certain teams.

RJ O'Connell
28th July 2009, 10:33 PM
Even if it is fake the prospect of seeing HD Altima VII made me...well, you know. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4)

Hopefully we'll get a new DLC set in 2010.

akirapill
28th July 2009, 10:57 PM
Its Bollox. Layout and colouring is crap, not something that would come from Studio Liverpool.

eLhabib
28th July 2009, 11:32 PM
:rolleyes:
Seriously guys, don't even think about trying to believe this could ever be genuine. Worst fake ever if you ask me. Just some attention whore feeling insanely happy now because so many people actually thought about buying this BS. Move along, nothing to see here...

yeldar2097
29th July 2009, 12:30 AM
HD ACID, just got burnt!

I'll burn you if you don't hurry up an get a PS3! :P

I swear G-Tech is the same as AG-Sys.... If you're going to fake, at least do your research (and do it better next time please - I enjoy getting over excited about a load of bollocks :D)

djKyoto
29th July 2009, 12:56 AM
STOP!!!

Hammertime.

wivern
29th July 2009, 01:13 AM
sounds really fishy

okam
29th July 2009, 01:19 AM
All I want for the next expansion is a ton of new tracks, and reflector weapon for eliminator mode :P Everything else I can do without.

tileon
29th July 2009, 01:39 AM
Oh le joli fake. Vive l'intox! Je crois qu'il est trop tôt pour espérer ENCORE un nouveau contenu téléchargeable, et je dirais même qu'il est trop tôt pour faire circuler des hoax sur internet... Je crois que l'artwork est bien travaillé, mais le moment est mal choisi...

Also why are we speaking french?

EDIT : I just read out of curiosity, and it sounds so fake it's not even worth throwing rocks at...

nexusc
29th July 2009, 02:35 AM
I have a great idea for a Wipeout HD expansion.. hear me out..

More modes!
More ships!
More skins!
More tracks!
More music!
More stuff!

Wipeout HD - MORE STUFF

Original or what?

tileon
29th July 2009, 03:25 AM
Stuff mode: there's stuff everywhere and you must make do with this ****.

Squint mode : You have achieved multiplayer detonator.

Wipeout Weeds.
:rock:rock

Hemicrania
29th July 2009, 06:47 AM
:beer

Darkdrium777
29th July 2009, 07:25 AM
SWEET!
I can't wait for the MorE StufF ExpAnsiOn! :D

Here's something I heard somewhere myself:

Hemicrania
29th July 2009, 07:42 AM
:rock

NeilSmith
29th July 2009, 07:46 AM
All I want for the next expansion is a ton of new tracks, and reflector weapon for eliminator mode :P Everything else I can do without.

Well think about it, with Fury, SL made the Wipeout ground package more complete with all the different modes, new ships and additional features. So for their next DLC's it won't be as much work now that they have all the essentials in the game. Hopefully they will capitalize on this and release new tracks more regularly. But hopefully not too often either, after all I want to learn the existing tracks inside out :) For the next DLC I'd love to see some exotic themes from places like deserts, arctic, jungle, underwater etc.
I know a lot of people also miss their Van-Uber and Tigron ships ;)

Casshern1981
29th July 2009, 07:56 AM
I think it's fishy too, it is too soon to announce another dlc, if it is true then it would be great news, we need a confirmation on this...

lunar
29th July 2009, 07:58 AM
Well the logo looks like something I could make. Ergo, the thing is BS.

Asayyeah
29th July 2009, 08:44 AM
What a 'great' :? start for a new member : it's not because you read that on a forum (besides it has been deleted so there's a reason) that you can easily rely on this and display it everywhere, especially in french in an english forum :naughty.
We don't trust in this sorry and bad rep is sending to you :nod

Paul Tweedle
29th July 2009, 08:45 AM
Heh. As most of you have suspected, this is a bunch of nonsense.

I am loving the images you guys are knocking up of possible future titles. "Wipeout HD- More Stuff!" is genius! :p

Paul.

NightArh
29th July 2009, 08:57 AM
Paul take Hemi in your studio ! ;)

blackwiggle
29th July 2009, 09:59 AM
Somebody make up a Wipeout.
OOPs forgot the keys.:)

IH8YOU
29th July 2009, 10:57 AM
Can SL please confirm this next installment of HD and give us a release date?

NeilSmith
29th July 2009, 11:38 AM
How about this for a title; Wipeout XXL ;)

NightArh
29th July 2009, 11:41 AM
Aha like Contex condoms :rock :p

KIGO1987
29th July 2009, 11:53 AM
I call that zone track on the Fury DLC, Condom 12.

I dont think there honestly be a new Wipeout game on the PS3. I expect that the game will be constantly expanding from the constant addition of new DLC for the game.

djKyoto
29th July 2009, 12:33 PM
I'm not buying this from someone with a 1 post count.

Heh. As most of you have suspected, this is a bunch of nonsense.

F**king called it first. :beer

sny
29th July 2009, 12:38 PM
Okay, you made me do it... :g

Feel the Fury of Ponies!
Posted 29.07.2009. by DubiousSourceOfInformation

Studio Liverpool announced today that hot on the heels of the Fury add-on for the PSN hit title, WipEout HD, another DLC would soon arrive to add further horse-power to the game. "This is a big challenge for us", Paul Tweedle, Development Manager explains. "Once we learned that housewives and kids were sent away from home on evenings by husbands and dads, or mothers were unable to converse with their sons for days on end due to the engrossing experience provided by HD and Fury, we felt we had to come up with something that was engaging for the whole family. We looked for more accessible implementations of Anti-Gravity racing, and finally decided to team up with Hasbro to bring the two breeds of AG racers together." New features will include:

- 8 new tracks, including "Rainbow Land", "Paradise Estate" and "Gallopin' Gardens"
- New Equestrian mode, where you have to boost/leap over obstacles and gaps ever increasing in difficulty
- New pony skins for all stables (Auricom pony pictured below)
- New zone-only craft called "My Little Zony"
- Customizable engine trail colour (except for pony skins, which always have a rainbow trail)
- New pony-only pickup which transforms ponies into pwnies, enabling them to ram other ships and ponies off the track

The add-on is expected to be released this winter holiday season.

yeldar2097
29th July 2009, 12:40 PM
I really really want to see that in action :lol

djKyoto
29th July 2009, 12:43 PM
I LOL'D, hahahaha +rep for that man.

Motorsagmannen
29th July 2009, 12:46 PM
haha omg.

thats the best DLC ever. :g

Paul Tweedle
29th July 2009, 01:45 PM
Sny,

That IS truly a piece of warped genius!

Paul.

Hemicrania
29th July 2009, 02:18 PM
what happens when yer in cockpit view and slam with yer Feisar into the behind of a pony...

"everything turnes black......

hey I hear people cheering...I guess we both finished..."

chalovak
29th July 2009, 02:57 PM
Let's rename this topic into Final WipEout HD Fantasies. Where we can share such funny nonsense.

LOUDandPROUD
29th July 2009, 04:02 PM
Sny! ROFLMBO! :lol :lol :lol

infoxicated
29th July 2009, 04:14 PM
That IS truly a piece of warped genius!It could have been worse, though - could have been a WipEout/My Little Pony based karting game or something.

That would have been terrible! ;)

okam
29th July 2009, 06:58 PM
Skate 2 releases new skateparks as DLC; smaller ones for $2 each and some more larger ones with trophies for a little more.

Would like to see WOHD "track packs" or even single tracks sold separately, even if it would make a right mess of online play.

I know it won't happen, but let me have my dream :P

Arma12
30th July 2009, 01:01 AM
I hate the idea of single tracks being released separately. But if it meant a new track (& maybe a skin each for Fury/HD ships) every couple of months... where do I send my money?

Wipeout HD Ponies :clap
Wipeout HD Return of the Jedi would rock, presuming a new Speeder Bike team is added (and Van Uber/Tigron), and there's no Ewoks, or that mook who played Anakin in the prequels (who they CGI'd in for one of the DVD re-re-re-releases of Jedi).

And on that note, I couldn't find a custom Wipeout My Little Pony, so I found the next best thing:

CJS
4th August 2009, 07:11 AM
Tigron... uh... I thought that they bought Qirex and died after that FALL OF THE F9000 thingy (then came back in Pure and died again)... Van Uber would be cool in HD, though

Edit: Oh, okay! So you get graded on how many times you posted... so I am teh puny leetle Vector pilot, oh noes...

RedScar
4th August 2009, 08:08 AM
Well considering that HD and Fury have no backstory what so ever I think any of the old teams could be revived.

blackwiggle
4th August 2009, 08:18 AM
It could of been worse.

WIPEOUT ACRID.

All your favorite Hannah Montana.....blah blah....bought to the Wipeout universe

superpj1
4th August 2009, 09:26 AM
Personally I'd like the DLC to come out a little faster, right... We sure got new tracks for HD but it is still falling short of the number of tracks in Pulse a little. I'd like it for HD to get the same amount of tracks as Pulse, or more, quickly so I don't get bored of some tracks like what happened with both Anulpha Pass and Moa Therma (I basically don't play these anymore.)

But yeah, nice fake there. :clap

woud be great if they could make tracks as beautiful as tech de ra. this track is :+

Lance
6th August 2009, 10:14 PM
sny did a brilliant bit of humour there. I do believe that his imagination is so good that he should be made lead game designer on a future edition of Wipeout. :g

Spece2goin
7th August 2009, 07:25 AM
they could make a game in wich your gain xP by detroying opponents in a free open envirronment, and increasing your ship statistics with level and stuff.
they could make it very very addictive, with spells to unlock, secret weaponry, guilds, quest etc...

that would be called "World Of Wipeout"...

djKyoto
7th August 2009, 08:19 AM
^ Don't make me stab you. :lol

Lance
7th August 2009, 08:22 AM
With a wickedly sharp Validusian dirk. Poisoned with the juice of a plasma bolt.

DawnFireDragoon
7th August 2009, 05:04 PM
Not coming soon to a PSN near you...

The ultimate package of anti-gravity racing, featuring everything ever developed in the sport and the pursuit of victory.