PDA

View Full Version : Speed Lap lockup - Anyone else?

PoliPino
26th July 2009, 07:49 PM
Gah! Lockup!

Game region version [EU or what]: US
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.01
Firmware version: 2.80
Console version and harddrive size: ???? (where can I find the console version?) 60GB - Mine is a US launch system.
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes
Controller type: SixAxis
Options settings: default (AirBrake & Acceleration sensitivity 10%)
Track [if any] where error occurs: Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Moa Therma so far
Online/Offline: Offline

So, whenever I do a speed lap session the game will lockup once I hit X to confirm on the Results screen. It has happened all 3 times I've tried it. I was running Icaras at Rapier Class.

Anyone else seeing this?

SaturnReturn
26th July 2009, 07:54 PM
Hellfire had it. It was discussed in one of the Fury thread, but I'm afraid I can't remember the answer right now. I'll let you know if I find it, or he might be able to answer himself if he's around.

EDIT:
Post number 205 onwards. See if it helps. It looks like the problem may have just stopped randomly for Hellfire though:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6468&page=21

PoliPino
26th July 2009, 08:18 PM
Turning on Ghost ships fixed it. I prefer racing without them, but I can deal with it.

Thanks a bunch for the help. :clap

Hellfire_WZ
26th July 2009, 08:35 PM
Interesting. It did stop randomly for me, I'm still racing with ghosts off... :?

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 09:01 PM
never had the problem with ghosts ship on so ghosts off probally caused it.

exxos77
2nd August 2009, 09:20 AM
It happened to me yesterday (several times), right after I upgraded to 2.01. Then I installed Fury and it went away. It might have something to do with the fact that all my settings (including no ghost ship) were reset by the Fury installation.

sny
2nd August 2009, 11:45 AM
I had this too, and I think fixing it for good is merely a matter of toggling the state of the 'Ghost ship' flag once. My guess is that its value is not properly initialized after patching, so once you set it, it'll stick.