PDA

View Full Version : Your Top 5 reasons why wipeout HD/Fury rocks ;-)

superpj1
26th July 2009, 04:13 PM
Please give your Top 5 reasons why Wipeout HD/Fury rocks. Mine :

1/ From beginners to experts, everyone can play it thanks to Pilot Assist and the various speeds (personnaly I got into it thanks to Pilot Assist, I always found this game far too difficult)

2/ Incredible 1080P graphics + 60fps (I have never played such a smooth racing game)

3/ Barrel Rolls that make this game so special and "hidden" places where you can make them. On Wipeout, more than any other racing games, you can easily see a difference between a good player and a bad player.

4/ Userfriendlyness (driving tips, menus, records tables, screens that display what your friends are doing, etc.)

5/ The big community

Your turn :p

IxDELTAxI
26th July 2009, 04:25 PM
1. Great sense of speed
2.Amazing tracks that test your skill
3.Powerups that can change the outcome of a race at any moment
4.Zone mode
5.Great online community

Handmadelion
26th July 2009, 04:26 PM
Oh gosh where to start!?

3. The Ships

They. Look. Freakin. Sexy. Every one of 'em.

2. The Menu

The HD menu used to be a factoring ingredient in what would eventually get me bored of the game. That bright white (which really brought out the soldering iron deficiencies of my 27" television with numerous white lines at the top) over to that sexy black cherry fury menu (which doesn't show the problem as bad :D) is just all around cool to have on when you're setting up a game or browsing your awesomeness in the just as sexy stats menu.

1. The Tracks

More than anything, even the ships with their furious red tails, I love the tracks in this xpac. lotta Talon's Junction hate going around (and I am with you when zone battling on it) but I think it's a beautiful track with it's seven other counterparts. The zone tracks are incredible to look at, especially at the different zones. Mach 1 On Syncopia for example has a certain point that looks like two monsters grinning at you when you start dropping down the ramps! I love it.

All in all I think it's a great sport to challenge one another in, and it was before, but now particularly with the black and red of fury amongst us.

GreenPhazon
26th July 2009, 04:28 PM
5. Price
4. Better than Pulse/Pure
3. I'm better than anyone I know in RL (although that's not saying much)
2. Graphics and how fast they make you feel
1. Until F-Zero GX sequel (in full HD please, Nintendo!) it's my favourite racer.

tileon
26th July 2009, 04:36 PM
You're making it sound like some sexy sex sex SEX! lol

NightArh
26th July 2009, 04:40 PM
Great community
Stylish graphics
Very fast speeds
Unique race physics
Excellent music

Cheers! :beer

eLhabib
26th July 2009, 05:26 PM
- top-notch graphics
- killer trackdesign
- awesome art direction
- fantastic competition
- wonderful fast racing friends

Handmadelion
26th July 2009, 06:04 PM
Sex appeal sells cars. It's the same for AG crafts ;)

billychanxtr33m
26th July 2009, 07:28 PM
-amazing graphics. the best looking game ive ever played
-bargain price. for HD and fury
-online works great
-zone mode. worth the price of admission alone
-custom playlists

YouAreFubar
26th July 2009, 07:58 PM
1 - Graphics and art direction is fantastic. If you want to show off what PS3 is capable of, this is the game. Its the benchmark PSN title.

2 - The tracks are fun and challenging at the same time.

3 - Value for money. HD and Fury together is half of the price of a release game and WipEout is so much better than most.

4 - Plenty of fun game modes to choose from.

5 - The physics feel right. The ships react as youd expect AG craft to react.

RedScar
26th July 2009, 08:07 PM
1 - The art style is clean and fitting of the futuristic racing league. Graphics really pop and it all runs flawlessly.

2 - Game play is easy to play but hard to master, with a perfect racing line obtainable but oh so hard to reach. Neat modes like Zone, detonator, eliminator change a track you've been racing on to something completely different.

3 - Best bang for your buck if you own a PS3 and love any racing game.

4 - Online play is unbeatable, with ton of skilled wipers all looking to finish first it is always (well usually when not getting owned by weapons :p) great fun.

5 - The WipeoutZone community make a great game even better with tournaments, helpful tips, videos, and an overall great user base. Nothing like trash talking in the WOzone chatroom after an awesome (or more common bad :P) race.

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 09:06 PM
in no particular order.

1 fantastic graphics
2 super fast
3 play your own tunes
4 fantastic graphic again
5 hard to master
6 super quality human opponents to beat online
7 this website works perfectly with the game
8 All together everything works well artwork theme style...nice :)

Artieficial
26th July 2009, 10:19 PM
1. The best-looking next-gen game out there, period. The visual design is amazing, and the framerate is as smooth as butter 99% of the time.

2. Zone-mode. Need I say more? One of the most hypnotic gaming-experiences ever, and it just doesn't get old. Also the best way to listen to new music, especially if it is techno / house / electrical.

3. Gameplay. Wipeout HD is the most perfectly balanced out of the franchise in my humble opinion. Think a middle-ground between Pure and Pulse.

4. Online-community. WipeoutZone <3

5. Track-design. I know they're remakes, but they are the prime example of how to do 'em. Studio Liverpool really hit it out of the park with these.

sny
27th July 2009, 05:53 PM
In no particular order:

1. Visuals: The game looks simply amazing, it's the first game I show to any of my friends and the jaws never cease to drop. This is even more true now with the incredible visuals of the new tracks in Fury.

2. Difficulty: Easy to play, hard to master... I think every kind of player will find something to challenge him in WOHD, from the most casual to the most extremely hardcore.

3. Zone mode: There is no experience like it. You have to try it to believe how awesome it looks and feels. The colour schemes (especially the new ones we get to see in Fury) are simply breath-takingly beautiful at times. It's also the second coolest visualization for your music library after Audiosurf.

4. Value for money: This is by far the most rewarding title on the PS3, if not on any next-gen platform. I dare you to think days on another game at this price that can glue you to your seats for 400+ hours (the game time of some hardcore players here who've been playing WOHD since its releace). You won't come up with any.

5. Diversity: There's so much content in this game - especially since Fury - that I sometimes find myself not being able to decide which mode/track combination I want to play next. It's mind-boggling!

Crob
27th July 2009, 09:27 PM
Bless everyone for politely ignoring jasmin's faux pas, and bless jasmin for coming up with 8 :)

IDReaper
28th July 2009, 12:21 AM
1. Modesto Heights:rock

2. The new visual style is absolutely stunning. Super high-tech future for the win!

3. The Huge amount of new content, new campaign, ships, modes, it completely delivers.

4. The soundtrack hit my sweetspot, my favorite genres and awesome tunes all around.

5. New online badges, increase ranking possibility and the sweetness that is multiplayer eliminator!

6. Feels like it got a whole lot faster!

7. I've started liking different ships with their Fury variations.

Seven for good luck:p

Hello Crob, awesome expansion.:clap

Amorbis
28th July 2009, 12:31 AM
The new circuit selection is impeccable, Modesto Heights was one of my favourites in Pure
Fury ships with their looks and improved statistics
The tracks with their striking architecture and amazing designs (I spotted a Rubik's cube type thing in the Amphiseum which made me smile :))
Eliminator, I loved it in Wip3out and Pulse and I love the ultra destructive nature of it in HD
Online mode brings lots of variety with the game modes and enables you to race real pilots

WipEout HD is certainly one of my favourite PS3 games, I've spent more time on it then all of my retail games.
Good job Studio Liverpool :beer

yeldar2097
28th July 2009, 03:57 AM
1. The visual are obscene in every way: smooth, crisp, awesome, phan(om)tastic.....I need a thesaurus of positive words....
2. 2097 was the first game I ever played and this game has rekindled the feelings that I had for the game way back then
3. The community is awesome, everyone's dead helpful and the events organised by people are brilliant
4. You can always improve, the game never stops.
5. The design: the whole aspect/genre/ideas behind the game, from the ships to the tracks to the logos have inspired so many things in me it's unreal. If SL have a job placement I will PAY to get it :P

Sorry if I got a little emotional/sappy/sentimental back there. I'm knackered but honest...honest ;)

djKyoto
28th July 2009, 05:40 AM
Art Style & Presentation
Replayability
It's fun
It's fast
It looks beautiful.

Yeldar - That spot is mine. :p

guggle
28th July 2009, 06:25 AM
In no particular order:
1. Graphics - simply stunning!!!
When people who've never seen the game before look at it, they are amazed at how good it looks and how smooth the action is.
2. Online play is awesome!!!
When I first started playing Wipeout 2097 I knew that it would have made a great online game and I was right!!! There's nothing like racing on your favourite class, in your favourite ship, against pilots who are similarly skilled (doesn't matter how good or bad you really are, if the others are similar, you can't beat it!)
3. Music
The supplied tracks are awesome but the ability to create your own playlist adds to the whole experience.
4. The tracks - so very real!
Every track I've ever played in Wipeout (only HD/Fury & 2097) are utterly realistic. Not just the tracks but the entire environment. When I re-spawn in a few centuries time I want to come back as an AG Pilot!!!
5. The price!!
When I bought WO 2097 it cost me about AUD$90.00. I've just paid a total of AUD$41.00 for the absolute pleasure of playing HD/Fury and would have happily paid twice that!!!
Michael.

Griffon
28th July 2009, 07:07 AM
Man, I mean I love the game for just about everything overall, but now I gotta single stuff out? Aw man.

1) Overall gameplay. Growing up my two favorite racers were Extreme G and F-Zero. Wipeout is more or less the combination of and improvement on, everything that was good about those games. Speed and movement of F-Zero with the tracks and weapons of Extreme G? Yes please. (Yes, I'm aware that Wipeout predates Extreme G. :P )

2) Customizable options. Prefer the old HUDs to the new HD one? Change it. Don't like the Fury Menu as much as the HD menu? You're nuts, but change it. Not to mention the almighty Custom Soundtrack. Few, if any, games have put this much effort into the small details that allow the player to experience the game how they want to.

3) Online play. Now this day and age that's sort of a given, but it's still awesome. Most of the racing games I was hooked on previously were older, so all I had to race were my friends, and as awesome as that was, now I can race anyone in the world. Badass. Not to mention how well the online system actually works. No problems like horrible lag or anything despite races having people from all corners of the world blasting along the track at mach 1. If only Armored Core's online play was this sturdy.

4) Difficulty. This game does a great job of easing new players into the game and letting them get their bearings without making them demolish their controllers in frustration. And even if they do get trashed, it just makes them want to come back and try harder. But on the other end of the spectrum, there's more than enough here to keep the elite players busy and their skills honed and tested to perfection.

5) The price. Everything that was said above, and for the third of the price of a regular game? And a whole new expansion for half the price of that? There's gotta be a catch. :P

lunar
28th July 2009, 11:05 AM
1. The new tracks in Fury just work so well. They feel fast and exciting - perhaps more so than the HD tracks for some reason. They have enough BRs to keep things interesting for those who like them, but they are not all going to be BR crazy. This is a good compromise.

2. I love the new ships. It`s a great decision to bring these in - they spice things up.

3. Online is working very well. To me it`s quite amazing that I can play wipeout against guys in Japan with no apparent or significant lag, when I think about it that is incredible really.

4. The new game modes add an amount of replay value to HD that I will never exhaust it all. They are very clever and exciting game modes too.

5. The menus and artistic design are just awesome in so many places. My kids were "WOW" just when they saw the HD menus, and they are tough, cynical little people. The other design highlight is surely the "Pure 4" zone tracks - works of art!

Haywire_Guy
28th July 2009, 11:22 AM
1) Online hardware - Virtually lag free and server connections lightning in comparison to games such as UT3 etc.

2) Amazing 1080p graphics, displayed in full motion at 60fps. To find an awesome racing game is hard, to find it graphically awesome is even harder. Most find it hard to support 720p even at 30fps (looking at you BURNOUT PARADISE) but this supplies graphics, fluidity AND sharp controls.

3) Selection of crafts, suited for any player of any skill level and racing preference.

4) PSN only: load times are super fast and no need to insert/reinsert disc everytime your up for a futuristic combat race.

5) total file totals LESS THAN A GIGABYTE. Where as rubbish like Dark Sektor manage to space out 24 GIGABYTES, this game packs better graphics, tight controls and a superb online multiplayer into a single file. To reinforce this Fury, a whole new game in itself, is only 750mb.

yeldar2097
28th July 2009, 01:00 PM
Yeldar - That spot is mine. :p
I live in england so i call shotgun :D

Cyberio
28th July 2009, 02:29 PM
Well, the first time i see the classic "10 things i like about wipeout xxxx" in this HD, but with 5 reasons.

Well, this is my second favorite wipeout. The first is the very first WipEout, from 1995.

1. Fluid, constant fps. I have a 50Hz and i see the game with a very nice scroll.
2. Gameplay. Control of the crafts, barrel rolls, weapons, literally flying over the track after a turbo many times... i love it.
3. Custom soundtrack. I never thought that Uplifting Trance from Ferry Corsten, M.I.K.E, Robert Nickson... could play it in some WipEout. The original soundtrack is good too, Mason, Kraftwerk remixed by Alex Gopher and Etienne de Crecy, The Stanton Warriors, Ed Rush, Optical and Matrix...
4. The graphics. I have not at the moment a HDTV, but in any case the game looks amazing. Crafts, tracks, menus, color skins... wow.
5. The environment. The presentation of the tracks with this futuristic, in some cases urban, with financial buildings, hotels, mega malls... keeps me inside this world for the time i play the game.

But there is a thing that i don't like. What about the 4:3 TV owners? Luckily in my TV i have an option to put two black brands up and down to make the correct aspect ratio if it is showing something at 16:9, like this WipEout HD. But the game does not this, not like few others which they do.

Anyway, the game is cool, i didn't talk about the great and nice online community, sometimes with people talking "good race man" and something like that which makes better ambient to play with. I love the bugfixes in the case they are, updates and expansions.

darkfaerytales
29th July 2009, 03:01 AM
1- Tech de Ra , The Amphiseum , Modesto Heights

2- new ( and improved ) harimau, quirex , goteki, piranha, triakis and so on

3- new menus style ( although it's little glithcy in my case )

4- finally a damned DLC...

5- ...and it comes in SUMMER

username
29th July 2009, 03:04 AM
1. Its realistic, in a way. It manages to convince me I am racing in the future. Mass advertisement on the track walls, convincing scenery etc.
2. Appearance of the ships. Most of the ships look so cool, and like they are really designed to do, what they do!
3. Tracks. I like the way i can chose from either a fast and fun anulpha pass, or a sticky walled uber mall or sol 2.
4. Custom soundtrack - I only listen to the wipeout 1 album while playing HD.
5. The return of some classic wipeout things. Like the 3, 2, 1, Go! (though i still miss curly's sexy voice haha), and also the partial return of the technical style used for wip3out menu design (as in the rectangles, with corner missing, triangular arrows etc)

Does anyone agree with my points?