PDA

View Full Version : Elite Difficulty seems easier now

Hacker X
25th July 2009, 04:42 PM
Is it just me, or is Elite more playable now? Before, I had to struggle just to get 5th or 4th place, but now I'm actually getting 1st place! It definately is MUCH more enjoyable now, and is more balanced for veteran players. I've been playing since 1996, and all but gave up on the hair pulling Elite difficulty before, as you could only win almost by luck. Now granted, its still no walk in the park, but it is now easier to move up through the positions from 8th to 1st then it was before.

I actually blew through the first 3 HD tracks on Phantom Elite with almost no issues in Racebox. Now I'm playing through Fury on all Elite and will go back into HD Campaign and finish those all as well.

Anybody else notice the difference? I'm a happy pilot now!

Edit: FYI, I'm using the new Qirex Fury craft.

Sausehuhn
25th July 2009, 04:56 PM
I could imagine that it is caused by the more powerful ship stats compared to the original HD ships?

Hacker X
25th July 2009, 05:00 PM
I was thinking that too, but when you pick a Fury craft, the other craft are Fury craft as well, as they have red exhaust instead of blue, but it still may be the issue. Either way, it makes for a more balanced Extreme Wipeout difficulty.

TheFrostE
25th July 2009, 05:32 PM
i find myself burning through elite golds on fury MUCH faster than in HD...but ive gotten better since then ne ways...and plus with fury all the tracks are still old remakes and everything so i went into it knowing the tracks already as well as eliminator mode

Rapier Racer
26th July 2009, 08:35 PM
I thought it was harder when using a Fury ship, they seemed even more trigger happy than before.

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 08:59 PM
time goes on and you are just better at the game now.take the credit and be happy:)

billychanxtr33m
26th July 2009, 09:46 PM
it seems a bit easier to me too. before there would be a huge gap between 1st+2nd place and the rest of the pack, now there really isnt. though this is just what ive seen racing campaign... racebox elite always seemed harder than campaign elite to me in HD

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 11:43 PM
time goes on and you are just better at the game now.take the credit and be happy:)

i take that commet back now. just completed campaign. last level was easier than hd 8th level. but it neve had sebenco climb or chengu i guess.:robot

GreenPhazon
27th July 2009, 03:56 PM
I thought it was harder when using a Fury ship, they seemed even more trigger happy than before.

I had that too. Fury campaign is much harder than the HD one. I had no trouble doing the early HD grids on Elite, I've had many bronze/silvers in Fury's campaign thus far. I'm still chipping away at the third(?) grid.

Nunalho
27th July 2009, 05:47 PM
I think its easier but only in the Fury Campaing, the HD remains hard.

YouAreFubar
27th July 2009, 10:51 PM
To be honest, I found it pretty easy (completed Fury with all trophies by Saturday evening), but I dont think it was easier than HD. Yes, HD was an absolute pain to finish and took ages. But since then ive continued to play it and have been playing against human opponents who are a lot better and more challenging than the AI. I think playing the game regularly since then against a more challenging opponent has made me get a better grasp of the game than I had when I worked though HD's campaign. If I didnt have that previous experience, id probably be having a nightmare by now!

jimsin
27th July 2009, 11:26 PM
I've only had one evening with Fury, but must admit that I thought the elite AI seemed a little bit easier than HD.

Feels strange to be winning elite golds when I don't know every turn like the back of my hand, but yes, it might be that I just have a much better grasp of how the ships handle than I used to.

To cut a long story short - I don't know :S