PDA

View Full Version : Which Fury track do you love most?

eLhabib
25th July 2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, someone had to do it :P
Anyhoo, I'm gonna make a start and say that I am absolutely in LOVE with the new tracks, and I mean ALL OF THEM (okay Talons kinda sucks but ah well ;) j/k).

My Favorite? Modesto Heights Forward - I just wish more Pure tracks would make a return, those were (and still are) AWESOME!
Gimme BlueRidge and Staten Park and I'll never need another game...

I also REALLY like the HD version of Tech de Ra (which didn't appeal to me in Pulse - although I barely played that, admittedly), I really like the atmosphere, with the bleak sunlight and the rocks, classy! Bit like a Fusion track, in a good way!

Speaking of atmosphere: it doesn't get any better than the HD Amphiseum! The new lighting is a thing of beauty - this is the one HD track that definitely oozes with 2097 feeling! Love it!
I have one concern though: on the forward version, right after the start, there's that big magstrip dip, and on phantom, no matter how much you pull up, your nose will always grind the track. It doesn't do any damage, but man, it's SO annoying! Couldn't they design the angle of that dip a bit smoother so we don't have to hear that awful chr-chrnk every lap?

And yeah, not so fond of Talons Junction. Not bad, but... meh. But that's probably because I suck at it right now ;)
Don't really like the track texture there either, and a loop, well, it's basically a straightaway, so woohoo, exciting! :/

But, to end this on a positive note: Modesto is a Pure fan's wet dream come true - even without the graffiti ;) - and the reverse version works surprisingly well, and also makes the new hardest track in the game (which is good. very, VERY good :))

ProblemSolver
25th July 2009, 02:02 PM
Syncopia

EDIT:
I still have to see all the normal tracks under their default texturing. xD
Tonight, tonight!

IDReaper
25th July 2009, 02:19 PM
I've never played the PSP versions, so these are all brand new to me! I love Modesto Heights fwd. Boosting through the chicane is a thrill! The downtown setting is also incredible and contrasts well with Ubermall's commercial district style. Love phantom speedlap with The Touch- Le Night Dominator playing.

Cyberio
25th July 2009, 02:26 PM
Modesto Heights is very nice, but i think i prefer the "entertainment city" Amphiseum, especially Amphiseum White, that is Reverse in this game.

Habib, anyway you forgot the exclusive zone tracks, pro tozo, mallavol, and the others.

Avenger2197
25th July 2009, 02:27 PM
I'd have to go with Modesto forward.:) Something about it demands that you tame it in any way you can. The reverse is the new Outpost 7 in my eyes.:p Only time will tell if I actually like racing the reverse of this track. The atmoshepre on it is beautiful as well, making one feel like your IN a city, not on it's outskirts.

The Amphiseum is a wonder to behold as well. Both directions offer some great "WOAH!" moments. And I agree El, the lighting is just like racing on Gare D' Europa for 2097/XL. SL definitely have done a marvelous job on the track atmosheres for all of them, but Amphi and Modesto take the top slots for overall awesomeness.:g

micky1984
25th July 2009, 02:32 PM
YES i completely agree with the annoying dip which makes ur ship scrape the track on amphesium, ruins the flow of an otherwise perfect race . . . . at least this time u can boost down it on phantom without luanching of the track like in pulse :) think talons is my favorite but amphesium wud b if it wasnt for that issue

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 02:37 PM
I think you would love the PSP Modesto Reap, it was kinda sunset-ish, whereas this one is full on day. And that second or third turn was JUST as bad as the Chenghou hairpin on Pure. But that one's not racking up in my favorites. And Reverse I HATE on Phantom. I bounce all over the damned place.

My favorite so far would be Tech De Ra reverse, and Talon's Junction reverse. And have a feeling they will be my favorites. Both of their forwards too. But that damned reverse Modesto. Amphiseum I love too, cause when I took that big drop right after the amphi-scenic shourtcut that was my very first moment going "wow, this is fury." Falling down between all those big buildings. Gah, love it.

djKyoto
25th July 2009, 02:57 PM
I like Talons Junction atm due to my #1 online time. :lol

Couldn't really pick to be honest, I love them all. :rock

Amorbis
25th July 2009, 03:32 PM
I have to say I like all the new tracks. I never really liked Tech De Ra in Pulse (I always fell off) but it plays nicely in HD. The Amphiseum is still good, probably one of my top Pulse tracks and is very fun in Zone. Talon's Junction is a bit meh and has nothing too special, it's OK but doesn't stand out. Modesto Heights is easily the best new track for me. It's the most aesthetically pleasing track in Fury and is a challenge to navigate.

The new tracks are very good, SL made good choices. I still need to learn them all properly :P.

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 03:39 PM
This is absolutely hilarious. I thought you guys weren't going to like the Pure track and I was going to go nuts over it but it's the exact opposite!

Really about Talon's Amorbis? The floor is the most incredible thing to me about Talon just for one of the instant things you can get into that really flesh out the 1080p (i know a lot of other stuff does too) and that's a unique bit for me, especially on zones where you can make it deep purple or orange (my favorite). But like Avenger said only time will tell. I might be able to get around Modesto Reverse and it not make me want to cry.

Sausehuhn
25th July 2009, 05:17 PM
I like the architecture of the HD version of Modesto. Though I have to admit I loved the atmosphere of that industrial, rusty Modesto in Pure. They really turned the whole atmosphere upside down. They did that with Talons Juction as well, which had a Wip3out feeling to me in Pulse.
But that's not certainly a bad thing I must admit :)

Though, I would like to see another track with Pure Modesto's mood to it in HD as well. Yep. That would be nice.

khnemu23
25th July 2009, 05:28 PM
I thought most of the new fury tracks had some charm to them, but I could hardly call one a favorite. I was much more enamored by the new zone tracks. Syncopia is amazing. I also like Corridon 12's design, but for some reason I don't care for doing zone on it.

Kyonshi
25th July 2009, 05:33 PM
Tech De Ra >> is atm my favorite. It drives smooth and the scenery is astounding! In close second it the Amphiseum << because of the ENORMOUS drop near the finish line WOAH :D The level design of this track is also gorgeous.

Then after its Modesto Heights in both ways, its just total madness.

Talon's Junction aint my favorite, its short, the track is narrow and i feel claustrophobic :lol I still can't figure how to work out the looping... It feels like its slaloming while i'm passing in... o_O

But overall, i like the new tracks very much, they give me a feel of 5th Element's futuristic panoramas!! SUPERGREEN!!! :P

JJohnEames
25th July 2009, 05:49 PM
Modesto heights is my favourite but i am lovin all the new tracks aswell. I think the new tracks fit in great with the old ones. Bravo SL :clap

KIGO1987
25th July 2009, 05:59 PM
More, more Pulse tracks are need, still too many Pure tracks that out weigh the Pulse ones;

Vertica
De Konstruct
Platinum Rush
Gemini Dam

Are the next coming DLC packs of optimum choice;

Look at the pole, and how successful Tech De Ra is. Ive even seen KANDANG is back in the game killing the Single Race, TT and SLs on Talons Junction, The Ampisuem and Tech De Ra. Shows the massive interests in these Pulse favorite tracks.

Sausehuhn
25th July 2009, 06:22 PM
Gemini Dam looked nice from what I've seen from videos. The whole DLC for Pulse looked pretty awesome (huge jumps, tight corners etc).
And tehn throw Citta Nuova from Pure in and you're done :D

By the way: Any ideas what the "theme" for the next DLC is? I could imagine it being focussed on something pure, as Fury is more based on battle and destruction :)

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 06:32 PM
Oh yea? Well there's a few from Pure I wanna see too!

Like Sincuit
Iridia
Altima Vll
CittaNuova

And maybe, maybe Blue Ridge. Thanks goes to Kandang for having his videos up on YT while I searched through them to remember which tracks from Pure I liked. Some of them like that House of Cards and Purple Hair and Burgertown looked incredible and I've NEVER seen them before! The joys of Pure I never found. :?

stin
25th July 2009, 06:34 PM
you know I want De Konstruct on the next HD project! that track would be awesome!

That will be a cool scenery and dark!:nod

Sorry, I`m drifting away into another world!:paperbag

stevie:g

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 06:35 PM
Oh gawd Sauce, the next xpac. I like your way of thinking! Never say die! And as to what you've said about Modesto on Pure having that beautiful darkness/industrialization to it; I couldn't agree more. When you go down into the dip around the first turn or so and into that neat little underground tunnel it always used to remind me of my childhood going through the tunnel systems through the mountains whenever we went visiting relatives. Ahh, too bad HD Fury's Modesto had to be at day time.

mic-dk
25th July 2009, 06:37 PM
It's a close call between Amphiseum and Tech de Ra, but I'll go with Amphiseum reverse. Not too technical, not to boring.

I can only imagine the 3D neon signs whenever FX350 comes to town!

To borrow someone elses catchfrase: This is entertainment!

Reezy
25th July 2009, 06:41 PM
I love modesto, been playing zone on it and the 1st time I was crash bang wallop everywhere. Then I got the "flow" of the course, and its amazing how easy the tough corners are, well, until zone 30+ that is :P
When I saw amphiseum in youtube vids of the psp version, I loved the sky view when you do the big jump at the end of the reverse course, but that seems to have gone for the HD version, bit disappointing :(

Amorbis
26th July 2009, 12:33 AM
Really about Talon's Amorbis? The floor is the most incredible thing to me about Talon just for one of the instant things you can get into that really flesh out the 1080p (i know a lot of other stuff does too) and that's a unique bit for me, especially on zones where you can make it deep purple or orange (my favorite).

I agree that the track looks stunning with all the transparent floors and beautiful architecture but it doesn't really impress me as a circuit. I never really likened to it in Pulse but I might try harder in HD. Maybe a few hundred speed laps will change my mind :D.

lunar
26th July 2009, 12:56 AM
I love them all, but poor old Talons the least. A very mediocre track I think, but it does look great.

Modesto forward and reverse are the best I think. As Reezy suggested, they look very hard but like a lot of Pure tracks you soon unlock their rhythm and flow, all proving once again that the Pure tracks were the greatest. Now we need Koltiwa, Staten and the Omega tracks - all where the Pure team were most on their game imo :D

IxDELTAxI
26th July 2009, 12:58 AM
My favorite new track is The Amphiseum my least favorite is Talon backwards.

stinkleroy
26th July 2009, 01:00 AM
I'm loving all the new tracks, but specifically Tech De Ra and Modesto. I voted for TDR fwd in the end as it seems to have a nice flow that I can relate to, whereas Modesto is just pure, on the edge of your seat, craziness. Awesome job SL :+

tileon
26th July 2009, 01:29 AM
Talon's Junction is seven kinds of bleh. Would have liked Blue Ridge better...

Love the rest.:beer

eLhabib
26th July 2009, 01:45 AM
Amen to that.
Let's just hope Fury is successfull enough to justify another DLC pack with some Pure tracks!

tileon
26th July 2009, 02:00 AM
Mmm.. don't really feel the need another Pure track... Basilico, my personal favorite on Pulse, would be welcome in a more "night-ish" style like in old days!

Or let them just adapt them all! :rock:guitar

Darkdrium777
26th July 2009, 02:52 AM
Already payed 30$ for WipEout HD Fury. Make 3 other DLC packs and it's 60$, four new tracks in each and boom, you get WipEout HD Ultimate with 52 race tracks (Forward and Reverse + Pure Four), a bunch of new game modes, 5 distinct campaigns, a lot of new music, and craziness all around.
I'm salivating already, and if it ever happens this way, that's THE BEST racing game ever made, period. Imagine: 60$ for 52 tracks, that's 1,15$ per track :o Not counting ships, music, game modes, campaigns, features, etc.

SaturnReturn
26th July 2009, 02:52 AM
Did some Modesto Time Trial tonight. Damn, that track feels fast.:rock The odd perfect lap here and there at phantom speed is a very good feeling. I don't like the look of it so much though. Apart from the Amphiseum I think the tracks have a weird kind of lego & plasticine look to them. So for looks and atmosphere I'd go with The Amphiseum. But for the best feeling of all out speed, I'd choose Modesto Heights. Tech De Ra would take my best multiplayer track award though, because Modesto is a bit too crazy when weapons are involved.

Vartazian
26th July 2009, 03:34 AM
Tech De Ra reverse. Dual chicanes are amazing. I've preety much mastered that couse it's amazing! I don't like talons junction. It's to eratic, Modesto heights both ways is a fun chaotic course! Still want have to give if to Tech De Ra though. It rocks!

loxy
26th July 2009, 07:33 AM
tech de ra could have been splendid but is really visually bungled I think (in spite a choice of sympathetic colours), incoherent lighting (very low pre-twilight sun and cloudy sky can not given this result), shade on the road of the structure cell unaesthetic (and no realist), re-use of elements of another tracks, modeling and texture of rock hideous , … and for nothing arranged, nothing really special topologically (unoriginal in reverse), no difficult, and very short (because possible high-speed lasting almost all the track )… worst of the tracks of the game for me...

modesto heights is awesomme :dizzy

leungbok
26th July 2009, 10:20 AM
Modesto F & R :hyper
T d R 2nd :beer

GreenPhazon
26th July 2009, 10:34 AM
Tech de Ra. I disliked Talon's Junction initially, but now I'm used to spotting speed pads on the blue surface.

jan709
26th July 2009, 12:29 PM
tech de ra > FTW!!

KIGO1987
26th July 2009, 12:50 PM
And Tech De Ra is in the lead!!!! XD

Love that track in Pulse, good in HD too, reminds me of Fusion a bit on HD though, which isnt a bad thing at all,

This mean more Pulse tracks are needed, once again

Vertica -- ------- [ Darkdrium and I want it ]
De Konstruct ---- [ Steve wants it ]
Platinum Rush ---- [ Flashback Jack wants it ]
Gemini Dam --------[ The Pulse TDL crew wants it]

Full power straight ahead!!!! XD!!!!

djKyoto
26th July 2009, 01:20 PM
Dam, only 0.07sec within Lengbok's time on Modesto Reverse. :beer

Good tricky track that.

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 02:07 PM
ermm, talons junction everse seems popular...NOT..it's the only track no one has voted for as yet.
I love the amphisium track its got a real nice feel to it and i like tech da ra, forward.:)

NightArh
26th July 2009, 02:52 PM
I love all the tracks and want more from Pulse (yes, Kigo) in advance :lol

GreenPhazon
26th July 2009, 03:51 PM
I too want more from Pulse.

Platinum Rush FTW!

superpj1
26th July 2009, 04:26 PM
I think the Amphiseum is the easiest track. That's why I love it :rock

YouAreFubar
26th July 2009, 04:35 PM
I had to go for Tech De Ra reverse. Tbh I loved that track on Pulse and now its been given a HD revamp it also looks absolutely amazing!

Rapier Racer
26th July 2009, 08:22 PM
Tech De Ra, my favorite Pulse track.

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 09:03 PM
:nodpro toza is such a nice track to fly on, obviously looks wise its not upto standard versus the 4 main tracks but it plays really well in zone which it was created for

ampheseum fw and bk are my fav main tracks

Dark_Phantom_89
14th September 2009, 09:38 PM
Syncopia is my favourite, but choosing out of that list, I'd go for The Amphiseum (Forward)

Kurlija
14th September 2009, 09:53 PM
I'd have to go with Modesto Forward, since it's the only new track from Pure, which I loved.

I hate the Reverse version with a passion, but I guess I'll feel different once I get better at it.

KIGO1987
14th September 2009, 10:29 PM
Only til tonight ive actually have understanded that bastard Modesto Heights track. I was always racing Triakis on that track, getting nowhere through that stupid tunnel in that track. Until i reverted back to EG-X, and realized the fun on the track that the Frenchies always go on about, its a very extremely fast reflex track, and only a few fidgety good ships can be good at mastering this track. Those Square corners on the main straight of the track are quite fun to fly around in when you get the side shifting right along with flying over the right pads too.

RedScar
15th September 2009, 06:02 AM
Pro Tozo. Best detonator track by far, although synco and malla are also good detonator tracks.

It I have to vote on a racing track, then its Tech Da Ra. The track is very fun for me, and the more I play it the more it grows on me like metropia did.

Connavar
15th September 2009, 06:43 AM
Loving Modesto curves, especially on Reverse.

finngers
15th September 2009, 12:31 PM
Once I got used to it I think Modesto Reverse is prob my fav, when you line up all the boost pads and get it down its nice :)

Tech De Ra is really pretty as well :cowboy

DawnFireDragoon
15th September 2009, 08:16 PM
amphiseum, either way.

It's got some bits which really remind me of old school wipeout games, art wise. and i like that. minus the mag-strips and transparent track sections and it would be damn near perfect as the 'new' gare d'europe type track. if only in art style anyway!!! racing it with the 2097 HUD makes me happy!

ProblemSolver
16th September 2009, 06:21 PM
... I still have to see all the normal tracks under their default texturing. xD ...
After playing for quite awhile on all the new tracks, I can say now that I love
them all to a large extend. :)

Rennfisch
18th September 2011, 12:07 PM
In this poll I've found my MOST FAVOURITE track of all I know: Talons Junction! :hyper

trackripper
18th September 2011, 01:17 PM
Modesto FWD. Loved it in Pure, still love it in Fury HD. Modesto REV however...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RUN AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

MrSmadSmartAlex
18th September 2011, 01:43 PM
Tech De Ra Reverse. Great track in Pulse, and one of the few that I really enjoy in HD Fury. One of the best tracks for weapons off races in both games, too. :)

SoA_Booney
18th September 2011, 10:50 PM
Comepletely agree Alex, it awesome! especially the little barrel rolls possible on the lower speeds :) a real sense of achievement for me landing the quad :P

Temet
18th September 2011, 11:00 PM
I voted TDR Fwd.
I'm a bit suprised so few people like Amphi R... the shortcut is cool! :rock

MrSmadSmartAlex
19th September 2011, 03:23 PM
I like The Amphiseum Reverse. It's a nice track, though I doubt it'll ever be my favourite. I hate the shortcut, though. :D

Comepletely agree Alex, it awesome! especially the little barrel rolls possible on the lower speeds :) a real sense of achievement for me landing the quad :P

Oh, I haven't tried that track at lower speeds yet. I'll have to give it a go. :)

Flint Fandango
19th September 2011, 06:32 PM
Amphiseum reverse is a great track; there are not many of them in Fury, imao.

It´s a true racetrack with manageable curves and less chicanes. Good for pretty much everything - Eliminator, Single Race, Zonebattle...:+

XR_GTR
19th September 2011, 10:26 PM
It's a close tie between Modesto Forwards and Amphiseum Reversed. I fly Modesto Forwards more, so I can't make a fair judgement... but, actually, I prefer Amphiseum Rev simply due to the lack of chicanes. I feel chicanes in WO-series are like attempts to fill empty space for the sake of filling it, and that really kills it for me at Modesto Heights.

Colonel
19th September 2011, 11:20 PM
Modesto Reverse for me. It has such a nice flow to it, when you get it right it's unbeatable. And Zone Battle is amazing on it. Don't like it for Elims though, as the weapon pads are almost all on a weird line and I miss loads of them.

Bit off topic but I was thinking earlier that there isn't a single track (HD or Fury) where I prefer the Forwards version. Every Reverse track without fail seems to make more sense. And I've not played Pure or Pulse by the way.

trackripper
20th September 2011, 08:28 PM
Modesto Reverse for me. It has such a nice flow to it, when you get it right it's unbeatable. And Zone Battle is amazing on it. Don't like it for Elims though, as the weapon pads are almost all on a weird line and I miss loads of them.

Bit off topic but I was thinking earlier that there isn't a single track (HD or Fury) where I prefer the Forwards version. Every Reverse track without fail seems to make more sense. And I've not played Pure or Pulse by the way.

Duuude. Not cool. Both the not playing Pure or Pulse bit, or the liking Modesto Rev bit. :P

Colonel
21st September 2011, 03:11 AM
Yeah I never got a PSP so it didn't happen. I'm definitely getting a Vita though, specifically for 2048. Better be bloody good 'n all, £280's a lot for a game these days ;)

Oh and Modesto (Rev) is ace by the way. As opposed to The Amphiseum, can't stand the place. That and Vineta K are my two worst tracks by a mile.

Oryx Crake
21st September 2011, 04:16 AM
dont know about favourites but TDR rev is deffinitly the one I'm best at.

skrotos32
21st September 2011, 11:21 AM
all tracks fury are pretty but i love anphiseum frw! :P

Ragsus Maxima
21st September 2011, 02:16 PM
My personal favorite is The Amphiseum in forward racing. I just love the feel of the track and its atmosphere.

For me, the flow it's pretty smooth yet not easy to follow, and that's one of the things I really like about The Amphiseum, especially in forward direction.