PDA

View Full Version : WIPEOUT FUSION : ONLINE ?

Dragon
12th November 2002, 01:17 AM
Man, i would love to test my skills against wipeout players around the world, being a master of Fusion. Is there any possibility that there will be an online version of Wipeout Fusion, if so
that would be awsome!

DJ Techno
12th November 2002, 01:28 PM
Dragon

test your skills here

but, there is no place to post WO Fusion times, but get the WO3 game and challenge yourself and everybody that way.

Oh, yeah I was told never concider yourself the Master, unless you can show it.

Lance
12th November 2002, 03:23 PM
y
Dragon, i hope you're being ironic. but in any case, i feel like being philosophical about this:

and even if one can prove that one is a master of any discipline, such as politics, videogaming, charity work, fingernail clipping..., one needs to ask oneself two questions:

1: where did my skills come from? sure, i worked my posterior off to get good, but where did the basic physical and mental abilities come from? did i create my body? did i design my motor systems? where did the ability to discipline oneself, to focus on a goal, to persist in the face of difficulty, where did all that come from? my own little self-conscious ego? or was it my genetic structure, the way my family brought me up, the things i've learned from friends and enemies? my own intelligence and will may seem indeed to be my own, but they came from other people through the process of physical inheritance and of everyday experience with other people. i am nothing without what they did for me, whether that was their goal or not.

2: this thing that i am a master of, how important is it, really? a thousand years from now, will anyone but a few historians know i ever existed? how many people will even be aware of it next week? am i famous for doing good? or bad? is fame going to make me happy? will the planet Jupiter be affected? will the Sun even notice? will the Universe care?

i should not be the prisoner of my desire to be thought of as the best. that is the path of self-doubt and depression and disappointment. i should enjoy the intensity of life, but attach no importance to it

Dragon
12th November 2002, 07:02 PM
I was kidding about the master thing, but i am increadibly good.

Lance
12th November 2002, 07:17 PM
if you have some times in WO3, enter them on the NTSC section of the times tables of the main wz site. make sure that the times in SingleRace mode were made with all ships and weapons enabled. we can always use more competitors to keep us sharp or offer the incentive for us to get really good

zargz
12th November 2002, 07:37 PM
yeah dragon, let's c how fast u can fly!! :wink:
so run out and get wo3 !

welcome here !! 8)

y'all: .. a lot of jokers coming here lately, aint it? .. :lol:

Task
12th November 2002, 08:20 PM
Jokers? Well, if you wanna talk nice, yes. I prefer the term "wankers", it's more European (you know, like WO) and I feel that it's more descriptive.
I'm just hoping that we as a group can sucessfully cast "Transmute Wanker To Wiper" and maybe in a couple years all these 14-yearl-olds will turn into good pilots.

Dragon: "increadibly good"? I take it you don't mean "at spelling". You've heard of "innocent till proven guilty"? Well here it's more like "Sux until proven otherwise". Until you put some times in the tables, nobody's gonna think you're anything but a poser, and talking about how good you are is just gonna catch you more disrespect.

Newsflash: Nobody cares how good you think you are.
Did all you Fusion people hear that? I hope so, 'cause this is the third "I'm the best!" post I've seen, and that's 3 too many.

xEik
12th November 2002, 08:44 PM
me goes at dictionary.com and looks for 'wanker'

me finds this

wank·er
n. Chiefly British Vulgar Slang

1. A person who masturbates.
2. A detestable person.
Which meaning were you refering to? :roll:

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

DJ Techno
12th November 2002, 09:03 PM
I'm glad you looked the word wanker up 8)

Because I was told, it means something else :)

Feisar
12th November 2002, 11:34 PM
hmm, getting gold teeth ehh?

for me, all i need to know is what i know, if i have something great or have a great skill i do not share it with the world, why should i? if i know it thats all that matters.....unless you dont have any self-esteem.

when a person brags to me on something they have that i dont, i congradulate them and wish them the best of luck, even if i know there being a idiot. making a person feel dumb is a horrible thing, it causes the lowering of self-esteem, making one feel bad.

dont correct people if there wrong in there actions, they will figure it out, and somethimes, thats the best way.

hmmmmm, thats a good quote for me.......

Lance
12th November 2002, 11:47 PM
''dont correct people if there wrong in there actions, they will figure it out, and somethimes, thats the best way.''

i do not agree at all. many people willl never figure it out unless you tell them, and even those who do figure it out often do so only after they've hurt or at least made miserable many other people. had they been made aware of reality right away, much of the pain and trouble they cause to others and to themselves could have been avoided

jmoid
13th November 2002, 06:39 PM
yeah i agree with that, people need to be told sometimes. sometimes you find out they don't care, but sometimes you might turn them around.