PDA

View Full Version : Well I suck at this game.

HorizonShadow
24th July 2009, 11:28 PM
Got Wipeout at release because I was in love with the games on PSP before mine broke and recently got the Fury add-on to try and get myself back into it.

So far... Even novice races give me a little bit of challenge. (meaning a get a bronze every once and awhile in career)

It's kinda weird though, I played with my friend here on the highest speed class and elite... and we placed 1st and 2nd.. But I can't play single player worth anything. (or online for that matter)

so WHO wants to gimmie some tips! =D

(I'm actually good at the 3 new modes.. thats bout it)

tileon
24th July 2009, 11:35 PM
yes you suck but It's ok we need guys like you to fluff up our egos more. :)

Nah, kidding! You have to try again and again and learn tracks by heart and it works out. Do you know there's a trophy for being a total noob and loosing with minimum difficulty and pilot assist? (or such)

IDReaper
24th July 2009, 11:43 PM
I suggest jumping into speed lap with the settings of your choice(Pilot Assist off) and simply do laps till you find what feels right. Atleast that's what I do. Make sure you find a ship that fits your style as well, makes a big difference.

HorizonShadow
24th July 2009, 11:44 PM
yes you suck but It's ok we need guys like you to fluff up our egos more. :)

Nah, kidding! You have to try again and again and learn tracks by heart and it works out. Do you know there's a trophy for being a total noob and loosing with minimum difficulty and pilot assist? (or such)

I know one track inside out and backwards...
Whichever the beat zico trophy is for.. I've done that tracks hundreds of times trying to get that trophy.. :turd

Aeroracer
24th July 2009, 11:45 PM
want to get good.

1 turn off pilot assist
2 goto speed lap
3 keep playing on venom till you can do a perfect lap and hit all the speed pads on the racing line and barrel roll when you jump
4 increase speed and repeat till you can do the same on phantom
5 play and beat other elite players.

two months of solid playing will put you in top 100 in world like this.

shortcuts are watching the videos made by the elites from this site and learn the best tricks

put acceleation at 10% sensitivity
airbrake at 70% and take it from ther.

Two weeks ago i came last on easy venom races every time. now i can win some elite phantoms with pilot assist off and im a girl and you know what they say about how crap girl drivers can be :)

YouAreFubar
24th July 2009, 11:46 PM
IDReaper is spot on. Experiment with the different teams to see what suits your style and I think Speed Lap is the best way to practice the tracks. Also check the video thread if you want to see others have a go and see what racing lines they take.

IH8YOU
24th July 2009, 11:50 PM
What Jasmine said.... "put acceleation at 10% sensitivity" I think EVERYONE sets it to 100% - thinking that's fastest - but it's actually 10% that is.

I lost every online race I ever entered before I learned that. :)

HorizonShadow
24th July 2009, 11:56 PM
Good deal, I'll go adjust that now..

As soon as I figure out why I'm getting 400+ trojans found in various itunes DLLs... oh dear.

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 04:21 AM
I think that is the thing about WOHD. Just keep telling yourself this. Instead of thinking you're "bad" tell yourself this game is just that "hard." Cause that's quite honestly what I believe. On Pure, when the race starter voice said "go" I was instantly, at the head of the pack. I got that, every time. In this one, especially with the AI like Elite, they will probably leave you for a good while. What also makes me feel good is thinking of the elite AI like constant autopilot, which is faster than any ship, rougher and tougher, and can pull off ridiculous physics-defying moves. (Ever hit AP going into a wall on Chenghou hairpin? That sht drove me up the ramp sideways into 1st!)

ProblemSolver
25th July 2009, 02:17 PM
I like the thread title. :g

HorizonShadow
25th July 2009, 02:25 PM
I think that is the thing about WOHD. Just keep telling yourself this. Instead of thinking you're "bad" tell yourself this game is just that "hard." Cause that's quite honestly what I believe. On Pure, when the race starter voice said "go" I was instantly, at the head of the pack. I got that, every time. In this one, especially with the AI like Elite, they will probably leave you for a good while. What also makes me feel good is thinking of the elite AI like constant autopilot, which is faster than any ship, rougher and tougher, and can pull off ridiculous physics-defying moves. (Ever hit AP going into a wall on Chenghou hairpin? That sht drove me up the ramp sideways into 1st!)

I've been searching through ships for one I like..
Tried the Mirage, and now absolutely love it!

I'm gunna go do what Jasmin said, see how that works out.!

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 02:46 PM
Well good on ya sport! That's the spirit!

SaturnReturn
25th July 2009, 02:55 PM
I'd suggest airbrake sensitivity very low as well, e.g. play with it at 10%-30% first. Then only turn it up higher if none of those feels good. Mine is set to 10% always, but 30% sometimes if I need to use Feisar a lot. Higher settings can work fine for the individual based on preference, but from what I've heard, in general terms lower settings are better.

Aeroracer
25th July 2009, 03:17 PM
what saturn says is really good, when i use a ship like a pirahna with low air brake sensitiviy it makes it feel like a feiser but just faster.

just keep practising. this game is hard, but hard games are cool, i love it when i get a perfect lap on phantom as it feels so rewarding,when originally i had trouble doing a lap in venom.

HorizonShadow
25th July 2009, 06:27 PM
I went to see if I could get he beat zico trophy today.

And then watched as my ghost from months ago showed me up.
Badly =/

I couldn't beat 32 seconds XD

I'm really liking mirage..
Got 1 perfect lap on V K today aswell, hit.. 8(?) speed pads during that aswell.