PDA

View Full Version : 2.01

GreenPhazon
24th July 2009, 06:32 PM
Anyone already got it? I think it's fantastic that they've released a patch this quick, although there was some serious problems since the Fury/2.00 update.

Norfolk'n'Clue
24th July 2009, 06:34 PM
Nice one for the heads up. It's 109 Mb - grabbing now...

Roz
24th July 2009, 06:35 PM
Wow it's huge. What could possibly need fixing this big?

SaturnReturn
24th July 2009, 06:37 PM
Is there any way to find out what it does? I just got the 2.00 update message on start-up.

kaori
24th July 2009, 06:38 PM
I am downloading it, 109 Mo like the update 2.00, it's a proof that the update 2.00 had some issues on some PS3.

GreenPhazon
24th July 2009, 06:49 PM
Aprrox. 8 minutes left. I wonder what it does...

Norfolk'n'Clue
24th July 2009, 06:50 PM
Well, I tried the race that I first noticed framerate drop on just after D/l fury and 2.0...there was no framerate drop.

That is not to say that this patch is for fixing this, just that I haven't noticed any stutter on the quick go I've just had after patching.

Good work if so :)

Axel
24th July 2009, 06:53 PM
Really big patch indeed. Well hopefully most of the issues should be resolved, i'll give it a spin in a bit. But I need to eat now lol :)

GreenPhazon
24th July 2009, 06:55 PM
I'm guessing the main fix is the online list crash one. Surely they should test for things like that.

Nunalho
24th July 2009, 06:56 PM
Mine is finished, gonna try it now to see if there is a change log or if i notice anything different. Hopefully framerate and sounds are back to normal, and no more freezes in the online.

ProblemSolver
24th July 2009, 06:57 PM
I hope SL can finally go to holidays after this patch.

yeldar2097
24th July 2009, 06:58 PM
ffs i'm not going to be able to try fury for about a week...
ease up on the downloads yo, 56k doesn't like phat bandwidth needs

GreenPhazon
24th July 2009, 06:58 PM
No details of what's been updated, but the online list crash is fixed.

Not racing yet - Star Trek!

multibodydynamics
24th July 2009, 06:59 PM
Scrolling up and down in the online lobby is now very much possible... :p
SL :clap

Nunalho
24th July 2009, 06:59 PM
platinum skins are back being platinum.

Sound on the new tracks still seems like we are constantly inside a tunnel.

No crash in the online list.

Sausehuhn
24th July 2009, 07:04 PM
I find it amazing how fast they reacted on the things that were posted here within the last 24 hours. Respect! :)

Roz
24th July 2009, 07:09 PM
Well, it didn't stop the game from freezing during a very fun online eliminator match. Kinda lost the will to play it more... :(

Nunalho
24th July 2009, 07:10 PM
:!
Now i understand what´s wrong with the sound effects... You guys can also check it!
Get on Talons or Modesto (for example, new tracks), when you are racing outside you get the sound from inside tunnels and structures, but once you actually get inside tunnels the sound is back to normal as if you were racing outside!! Its switched...its messy letting this pass imo. SL have to switch it back to normal...:!

SaturnReturn
24th July 2009, 07:13 PM
@GreenPhazon's earlier post:

Like I have said many, many times each and every patch has to go through a lengthy and thorough testing process. It's not as simple as fixing a bug and chucking a fix up on the server. Believe me when I tell you that we (and every other developer no doubt) work very, very hard to provide the very best product we can.

Paul.

Negative, grumpy bastard SR says: Well 2.01 came out in day so I guess not that lengthy of a testing procedure for that one, and 2.00 obviously wasn't thorough enough or we wouldn't need a 2.01 already.

Neutral SR says: I don't necessarily like what's happened along the way, and some things are currently less than ideal, but latest patches are much better than older ones.

Positive SR* says: They're obviously trying to fix things quickly and are being pro-active, and issues that came with the 2.00 patch aren't generally as bad as previous ones. The game is running smoother now than it has in a long time and is more enjoyable for it. Overall, apart from records table problems, which won't bother the vast majority of people, the game is more awesome than it ever was.

*Disclaimer: This won't happen often, so don't get too used to it, OK?

Hemicrania
24th July 2009, 07:13 PM
hey...yer right...I was wondering why the music sounded so crap when I raced outside...

LOUDandPROUD
24th July 2009, 07:51 PM
Not being prompted for 2.01 here... :?

SonicChaos
24th July 2009, 07:57 PM
Me either, is the update lagging for NA users again?

IDReaper
24th July 2009, 08:01 PM
No update as well, NA is behind again yay! Well atleast we can still play so it's not so bad xP

SonicChaos
24th July 2009, 08:11 PM
It is when I can't go online because the menu is continously freezing.

Aeroracer
24th July 2009, 08:25 PM
Wow.. update 2.01 less than 24 hrs after fury. Thats ultra quick.

Team Liverpool certainly do not mes about.:clap:clap

I am stil waiting for the patch to fix MK vs DC, like 9 months later, shame i gave up on the game months ago like everyone else did:)

SonicChaos
24th July 2009, 08:57 PM
Lol at mystery Patches, like the so-called B/C patch Sony might be releasing sometime in the future. Allows Software Emulation of PS2 games on any version of the PS3 that doesn't have it already.

Paul Tweedle
24th July 2009, 09:09 PM
Hi,

Update V2.01 fixes the problem with the online game list and the mid-race stutters we were seeing.

Oh and, yes, the chrome ships are chrome again ;-)

It is 109mb again because each update has to contain the content of the previous ones in case someone has missed one.

Also, it is coming for the US, Japan and Asia. Those guys are working as hard as they can to get it through QA and out as soon as they can. Please be patient.

Enjoy, have a nice weekend,

Paul.

SaturnReturn
24th July 2009, 09:19 PM
It doesn't fix mid-TT stutters. I'm still getting those sometimes, although they're not a big deal most of the time.

KIGO1987
24th July 2009, 09:23 PM
Hi,

Update V2.01 fixes the problem with the online game list and the mid-race stutters we were seeing.

Oh and, yes, the chrome ships are chrome again ;-)

It is 109mb again because each update has to contain the content of the previous ones in case someone has missed one.

Also, it is coming for the US, Japan and Asia. Those guys are working as hard as they can to get it through QA and out as soon as they can. Please be patient.

Enjoy, have a nice weekend,

Paul.

Ive noticed the large size. I cant go into the game now til 6:30am now, not particularly too happy. Ive havent seen any issues with 2.00 at all on my end.

SaturnReturn
24th July 2009, 09:33 PM
I think you should still be able to play offline, possibly. Not ideal though I guess.

KIGO1987
24th July 2009, 09:36 PM
The download time just went up then...........

ill clean the house up in the mean time.

Ill go online later today then.

Rolodzeo
24th July 2009, 09:48 PM
Quick move. Nice to see you guys working that hard for the community. Keep it on.

SonicChaos
24th July 2009, 10:11 PM
I await the patch, I have Fury so I'm no longer angry and am willing to wait for the update.

tileon
24th July 2009, 10:19 PM
Many bugs, but overall grat experience. It's only cause I spent the day on it that I saw so many I guess. Mostly freezing while chatting through XMB

Also got Bling Brigade and 50 online kills trophy today yaaaay!

SonicChaos
24th July 2009, 10:22 PM
I'm working on Bling Brigade. If anyone doesn't have it I'd be willing to set up a room so we can all get it.

brummpahh
24th July 2009, 10:35 PM
Hi folks,

now i know why they only charged 9.99euros.
they give you a 30 euro discount for your upset.
installed my whole system new 2day. loaded 2.01
and still framedrops. that's the pitty with release
dates. you'll get a banana product.

Anyway 4 new tracks. ok 4 me,
but i'm sure we all want the smooth stutterfree 60fps
back. really. SL. please.

newtype
24th July 2009, 10:58 PM
Me either, is the update lagging for NA users again?

No update hear as well, but I at least feel better knowing it's in the wild and polishing some minor issues-

Vartazian
24th July 2009, 11:02 PM
Hi folks,

I have never seen a game thats perfect from release that has no Online content.

wouldnt bash it, they are doing the best they can. if I cant race because of a small fromedrop. your just a finnicky pilot.

Aeroracer
24th July 2009, 11:04 PM
Hi folks,

last night my eliminator and zone battle was jerky and dropped frames, now with new update everything is perfect.

Its strange how some players are reporting issues whilst other appear to be fine.:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

tileon
24th July 2009, 11:26 PM
last night my eliminator and zone battle was jerky and dropped frames, now with new update everything is perfect.

Its strange how some players are reporting issues whilst other appear to be fine.:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

The update (2.01) seems to only target the european customers as of now. I played a game of eliminator running at less frames per second than split screen mode. I would have guessed 25/30 fps. It was throughout the whole game.

Guess what, it was still perfectly enjoyable and responsive.

I'm counting on SL to fix all those bugs, I'm actually impressed they come here after work to check on us like a Chef in a Grand Restaurant!! :nod

Aeroracer
24th July 2009, 11:28 PM
you will be patched im sure.its just a day later cos of time zone crap..itll fix all the problems im sure.

BARTgai
24th July 2009, 11:32 PM
Even though there are slight fps drops, I'm too busy enjoying all the new content to notice. Will be a good patch especially for online :)

Reezy
24th July 2009, 11:58 PM
To everyone with sound problems, try turning off music effects. I race with them off by default and not had a problem.

superpj1
25th July 2009, 12:16 AM
personnaly framerate drops have never bothered me. in fact it's better when it slows down because i have more time to react. this game is so fast ! :p

Z_Zoquis
25th July 2009, 01:48 AM
wow, I can't believe people are actually ragging on the framerates in this game. Is this only online or something? I haven't raced much online but offline its mostly like butter. I haven't seen many (any?) games with a framerate like this that look nearly as good. THis update was so so worth the 10 bucks. I just can't even fathom a comment like the one posted a few back...

ProblemSolver
25th July 2009, 02:12 AM
Yeah the shuttering is gone! I instantly improved from zone 77 to zone 90 on Syncopia.
Zone 100 incoming! xD

tileon
25th July 2009, 02:19 AM
This invalidated my theory that the game might be so advanced it might play itself with robotic skill, topping the leaderboards when humans aren't watching. :robot

djKyoto
25th July 2009, 02:37 AM
Downloading it, should be done in a few minutes.

I have to confess the game actually did crash once (for the first time in ages) whist navagating through the online lobby, so hopefully it won't happen again. :nod

LOUDandPROUD
25th July 2009, 02:43 AM
To everyone with sound problems, try turning off music effects. I race with them off by default and not had a problem.

I shouldn't have to disable a feature of the game in order to play it though...especially not a feature that I've had no problems with up until this point. I will try that the next time it happens though, just to see if it does, in fact, "cure" the problem.

darkfaerytales
25th July 2009, 02:45 AM
ok , just to know if i'm the only one:

on all the fury pack tracks, expecially modesto e amphiseum at starting grid when i do a fast start there is a BIIGGG frame drop...annoyng, trully annoying...is pretty like a matrix slow motion effect...bah:?

SuperNova
25th July 2009, 02:51 AM
Im only Getting Framerate drops on Elite Eliminator Races, No Need for an Explanation :hyper

ProblemSolver
25th July 2009, 02:56 AM
@tileon: xD
Framedrops (actually, the strong shuttering we had seen) are the biggest
enemy in ZONE.

@darkfaerytales: True, that's odd. It's like playing on Xbox 360. :( xD

superpj1
25th July 2009, 05:10 AM
Yeah the shuttering is gone! I instantly improved from zone 77 to zone 90 on Syncopia.
Zone 100 incoming! xD

is Syncopia easier than Anulpha Pass according to you ? I'm still trying to get that Airbreaker trophy on Anulpha grrrr it's hard ! :(

abukii
25th July 2009, 06:38 AM
Really on the framerate drops...what is everyone running for a ps3. We could potentially help the devs with a clean fix.
I only experience framerate drops when there is an azz ton of stuff goin on, on screen. Im also on an SP-808 60 giga bomber...second launch 60 gig on the market. I really have no problems with the game, though, I havent played online since Fury launched (too busy in campaign)....

Darkdrium777
25th July 2009, 07:01 AM
Better late than never. It's out now, 3:01 AM GMT-5 D:
Not downloading yet though, I'm uploading my Detonator video. Check on my channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Darkdrium777) in about 1h, or 2-3h if you want to have the HD version available.
Off to bed, Fury has caused enough sleep loss. :lol

Z_Zoquis
25th July 2009, 12:58 PM
ok , just to know if i'm the only one:

on all the fury pack tracks, expecially modesto e amphiseum at starting grid when i do a fast start there is a BIIGGG frame drop...annoyng, trully annoying...is pretty like a matrix slow motion effect...bah:?

hmm, you must have more finely tuned wipeout eyes than mine. :) I'm not seeing anything like that. To me it just looks like the regular speed boost effect.

ProblemSolver
25th July 2009, 01:44 PM
@superpj1: Same. But Syncopia is more smooth. It feels a lot better.

@Z_Zoquis: Have a ZONE pill and you will see it. ;) Play ZONE on Amphi and you
will see strong framedrop on start/finish.

Z_Zoquis
25th July 2009, 01:50 PM
ah, I got the impression it was in all modes. I'll give zone a try...

KIGO1987
25th July 2009, 05:48 PM
Ive just had a huge massive fuk up in the game, froze in online eliminator on Moa just when i hit square to shoot these rockets.

Then it froze again when i went into the game after rebooting the console.

i havent attempted again, fearing that the console could of massively fuked up beyond all repair. Ill try again soon. 2.01 must have a massive bug in it, i havent experiences a freeze like this to the 1.30 days.

Nunalho
25th July 2009, 07:05 PM
I dont have any issues with framerate.

Just fix the sound effects on the new pack please :)

HorizonShadow
25th July 2009, 09:04 PM
Just to contribute..

I'm running an 80 gig launch (motorstorm bundle, BC compatibility) PS3 and haven't had any framerate drops as of yet.

Futurespect
26th July 2009, 12:51 AM
It now locks up when I try to exit Speed Lap mode. Happens after I confirm (X) on the final screen. I have to reboot the PS3 via its power button.

Is that a known Fury/2.01 bug?

Skvall
26th July 2009, 01:58 AM
The only thing im not pleased with is the framerate. :(

Cant you at least give people the option to disable effects to get 60fps?
I want the game to look good but not if its affecting the framerate. This makes me want the game on PC. which is kinda weird because that's where framerate should be a problem when everyone has different hardware.

I dont understand why developers choose to have a choppy game. :(

make the game look as pretty as it can without interfering with framerate! Plz!

(im running EU version 2.01 of game on a US 60GB launch Ps3 in 1080p.)

Z_Zoquis
26th July 2009, 05:55 AM
I've often felt the same way (that when a game is being developed for known hardware like a console system it should never suffer framerate problems) but when you really think about it, its probably not as easy as it seems it should be. I mean its a simple matter to say "if theres a framerate problem at any time you need to lower the visual overhead to keep the frames up." But doing that most likely would mean you'd end up cutting down greatly on the overall "wow factor". The framerate issues likely only occur when you get a confluence of different things happening at once (ftmp). If you design the game so that that never happens, you probably have to basically cut alot of the effects right out which would leave you with a game that's bland looking all the time but has a great, never-wavering framerate instead of a game that looks fantastic (like Wipeout HD) in general with occasional frame issues. The fact of the matter is that games that look bland don't usually do very well...

diddymal
26th July 2009, 06:04 AM
I might be totally off on this, but I downloaded the Fury pack, installed it but my net has crapped out so I haven't been able to patch my game.

The problem is, I can't play Fury! It says 'fury" when I select the game from the XMB, but when it loads it's nowhere to be found, do I havew to patch it before I can play it or something? This is bullshit.

yeldar2097
26th July 2009, 07:23 AM
has anyone else noticed that the 'fastest lap' badge is always given to the guy in last place?
this may just be if the guy in first has a higher ranking trophy but i'm not sure yet...

Constrictor
26th July 2009, 10:48 AM
yeldar, fastest lap doesn't imply to be 1st in race - if I get your comment right.

Skvall
26th July 2009, 10:53 AM
Z_Zoquis: My first thought is that the game shouldnt be 1080p. Doing it in 720p would probably help this issue straightaway?
I play the game scaled from 1920*1080 -> 1366*768 in 40" and it looks really crisp anyway. (And yes I have seen the game on a 1080p TV too! :] )

I get screentearings 1-2 times per lap on Metropia when I play Speed Lap, everytime on the last curve. Either my Ps3 is broken or I think the problem is more than "occasional frame issues" (since speed lap should be easy on the ps3 compared to many situations in the game). I dont know what im hoping for of the two to be honest..

And yes this affects my gaming experience, otherwise I wouldnt bring it up. Compare with framerateissues in a beat em up, just shouldnt be there. :P

I love the game and expansion pack if you ignore this issue.
(just a little bit hard to do for me..)

sorry for only complaining..

KIGO1987
26th July 2009, 12:44 PM
Appears to be working normally now,

Is it normal in Zone and other modes for your custom music soundtrack to skips and kick in and out, has anybody else had music issues at all?

Dargonxtc
26th July 2009, 06:01 PM
I am not playing Fury (though I do plan to get it). I rarely play online. I love the game though. Now I updated (the 109 MB) last night and the game crashes all the time. I just want to say thank you to whoever made the update (and threw advertisements in it of all things :rolleyes:) for making one of my favorite games that I can always turn too for some quick fun, and turning my PS3 into an XBOX (and that's not a jab at XBOX, I like both systems, but let's face it crashing is the XBOX's forte). I hope that they fix this atrocious update soon, and I warn anyone that if they can get by without updating then they should try until this issue is resolved. Because as far as I can tell, you can't "un-update".

It now locks up when I try to exit Speed Lap mode. Happens after I confirm (X) on the final screen. I have to reboot the PS3

THIS.

This is a sure fire way to make it crash every single time.

Nunalho
26th July 2009, 06:14 PM
My game never crashed and i dont have fr problems, only sound bugs.

KIGO1987
26th July 2009, 10:16 PM
Really getting pissed off now,

Second online eliminator session freeze;

26/07: On Moa forward with JJ in the room, on the main mag strip, game custom soundtrack was still playing though.

27/07: On Amp forward with Stink, Amb and FUBAR in the room, on the first mag strip just after the starting grid, game custom soundtrack was still playing though.

Is this a bug, or that i have a really shiity net connection that cant handle this new mode too well?????

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 10:30 PM
could be your con. Australia is a long way away. hope you get it sorted though whatever it is.:)

SonicChaos
2nd August 2009, 01:52 PM
I only had the Online Lobby crash on me a couple times. I'll let ya know if I have any issues when i update.

ProblemSolver
16th September 2009, 07:16 PM
... Update V2.01 fixes the problem with ... the mid-race stutters we were seeing. ...
And we got them back with Fury. Even in ZONE mode there is a strong
random shutter that last for about a 1/10th of a second, whether being
online (connected to PSN) or not.

superpj1
17th September 2009, 05:23 PM
Sometimes I have stutters that last for a hole second, and meanwhile I get overtaken :?