PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator Tips?

Nitex
24th July 2009, 06:28 PM
I have to admit I'm loving this new mode the most, even though detonator and zone battle are also amazing I'm addicted to Eliminator. The only real problem I have is when I get knocked behind a bit and it takes a while to catch up. Is there any special way to go faster to catch up to the rest of the competitors? I'm guessing silverpool didn't implement a rubber band effect?

Rubix42
24th July 2009, 06:41 PM
You could always just go the other way and smack the leader with a nice weapon.:nod

It shows on the bottom of the screen where you are in comparison with the rest of the racers, so it's easy to see where to go.

Reezy
24th July 2009, 06:44 PM
If you get cannon, just absorb it, its pretty useless in eliminator mode.

Norfolk'n'Clue
24th July 2009, 06:57 PM
You could always just go the other way and smack the leader with a nice weapon.:nod

It shows on the bottom of the screen where you are in comparison with the rest of the racers, so it's easy to see where to go.

You can only go back so far I discovered today. Having said that, there's no lap count, so you could just lie in wait for them.

Nitex
24th July 2009, 06:59 PM
I always got some nice points with cannon. When I go backwards for too long it always just turned me around.

Rubix42
24th July 2009, 07:05 PM
Well that's good info to have. I didn't know there was a limit to how far back you can go. I did it once last night when I got eliminated, bombed, bombed, back quaked and then was just a little ahead of the leaders.

And yes, I did have my revenge! :rock

GreenPhazon
24th July 2009, 07:53 PM
You can only go back so far I discovered today. Having said that, there's no lap count, so you could just lie in wait for them.

Does umber of laps completed not effect your loyalty points a la Pulse?

Touring Mars
24th July 2009, 08:55 PM
If you drop mines, don't flip around and then plough right through the mines you just dropped... like I just did... don't do that. :clap

IxDELTAxI
24th July 2009, 09:11 PM
If you get quake and your behind most of the pack just turn around and wait and then shoot it at the leader most of the time you will eliminate atleast 2 or 3 players if they are fighting each other.

KIGO1987
24th July 2009, 09:20 PM
Weapons to shoot forward and backwards:
Leech Beam
Missiles
Rockets
Quakes

Weapons just to let go while driving forward:
Mines
Bombs

Best advice, would be just go, dont talk, go. Pondering around thinking whether to use a weapon or not isnt good, in that time frame, youve could of got 3eliminations and lost your lead in the process.

In not loosing yourself in the grid, youve got to race like you are in any normal single race mode, but it comes down to weapon strategy also and keeping pace is prime.

Norfolk'n'Clue
25th July 2009, 12:14 AM
Does umber of laps completed not effect your loyalty points a la Pulse?

I suppose it might do, but compared to getting bags of points for lying like a snake in the grass it's negligible. I think anyway. :)

zeeZ
25th July 2009, 12:20 AM
And please for the sake of racing, don't just camp a bunch of weapon pads, then sit there and wait for someone to run into you so you can plasma them. I WILL shoot you down, even if it has to be done with a cannon.

Aeroracer
25th July 2009, 12:43 AM
From playing eliminator i think it should be called whore the quake weapon.
The game seems to be all about getting it and getting a group behind you and flipping or get behind them and quake for big points.. All other weapons just dont score like the quake and i just dump them until i get a quake.

3 quakes wins me every eliminator in campaign upto level 7 where i am at moment.

Am i missing something or is this how it is.???

edit ....Thats on novice level..but what im saying is its all about quake's

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 04:51 AM
This zone is getting more, and more fun the more I play it. you are "going" to get hurt, so why not fight back? THat's what I've trained myself, because trying to race doesn't do jack even for the tiny health refund you get by completing a lap. Oh no, it's all-out brawl time. Only tip I have so far is if you are ahead of some ships and you happen to have the -+ weapon, just flip til you get a lock-on (the leech doesn't take long at ALL to lock-on) and then flip back and you should stay connected while you continue bringing on the carnage.

TaroBarkhan
25th July 2009, 09:03 AM
I figured out that the most effective thing in eliminator mode is to do eliminations. Who would have guessed this?:p

Shooting at somebody (no matter if it's a cannon, rockets, missile, or whatever), doesn't give you much points. Only if you get a kill, you can boost up the points. From that point of view, a quake or a plasma will dramatically increase the chance to eliminate opponents and therefore these weapons seem to be more efficient. But you get the same high score with any weapon, it's just unlikely that you happen to shoot at an opponent with such low shields.

My "strategy" is just to shoot out everything at everybody as fast as possible. That way the chance to eliminate someone is highest.

Cheers, Beers :beer

Roz
25th July 2009, 10:48 AM
I love it when I start charging a Plasma while crusing and then, right before it shoots, I turn around and give some love to whoever is behind me.

Vartazian
25th July 2009, 11:18 AM
Getting the quake does help but in rounds where someone gets like 4 or 5 quakes Smart firing of rockets and Plasma can catch you up...

Ask Luna if you dont believe me

IxDELTAxI
26th July 2009, 01:01 AM
I love eliminater it helped me get AG assassin in less than an hour.

yeldar2097
26th July 2009, 01:41 AM
two plasmas cancel each other out...didn't know that. might be useful...

PjotrStroganov
26th July 2009, 09:49 AM
Afaik all projectiles have an effect on each other.

Try using quake around the finish line. Or any other weapon. Guys who survived the lap will be at their weakest before crossing the line.

okam
26th July 2009, 03:27 PM
As far as online goes, there is so much luck and randomness involved that it's hard to be consistantly "good". Sometimes you respawn in the middle of a quake, sometimes you get nothing but mines and cannons while the guy right behind you gets the good stuff, sometimes you are nose to nose with someone and your rockets miss... The only comfort is that it's the same for everyone, and better luck next round :P

As for the campaign elites, the first AI ship seems to always get a quake, so they start with 50-75 points and you start with a "energy critical" warning - and the round has only lasted 5 seconds *sigh* It's a really cheap way to make it "harder" and it feels really unfair sometimes.

(Btw Pjotr didn't I just see you in eliminator online? Didn't recognise your name out there in the battlefield.)