VORTEX
CORRUPTION
NUKED
AFTERMATH

Where are you up to?

I'm on Aftermath,but finding eliminator HARD [*&$#@}

Reezy
24th July 2009, 12:43 PM
I'm on the 2nd one, doing everything on elite difficulty. Lasts longer that way :)

Handmadelion
24th July 2009, 12:46 PM
I am on corruption, and I am not finding my happy place with zone battle or detonator. Detonator matches take way longer than my like zone zeus attempts did. And zone battle I just kinda go "huh?" to some of their outcomes.

KANDANG
24th July 2009, 12:49 PM
aftermath :)

some tracks remind me of the good times in pulse

blackwiggle
24th July 2009, 12:53 PM
Zone Battle is SO easy once you realize what's happening.

Handmadelion
24th July 2009, 12:53 PM
Ohhhh yea, Modesto Heights takes me back to my time on Pure. I'll bet those poor sons of bitches back on there wish they had sideshift for that hairpin. :D

IxDELTAxI
24th July 2009, 01:04 PM
Im only on impact i only got to play for 30 minutes yesterday.

Constrictor
24th July 2009, 01:06 PM
@blackwiggle: Plz enlighten me :? I usually try to avoid zone battle 'cause it sucks for me ... correction; I suck at it! Same w/ Detonator *sic*. But I'm pretty good at eliminator :robot

Ah and btw, turbulence it is for the time being. No time at all to play

blackwiggle
24th July 2009, 01:14 PM
Im sure I will get my butt kicked in these events at Phantom speed ,but at anything less I have hope [ A chance ]

I'm still learning the tracks .

djKyoto
24th July 2009, 01:33 PM
Only on Corruption atm, but I can tell that aftermarth's Phantom Elite AI races are going to be a ***** to do.

Fantastic. :D

blackwiggle
24th July 2009, 01:45 PM
I would have to agree.

The FURY ELITE AI are particularly nasty.

alterego
24th July 2009, 01:54 PM
Hi All.

I Play Fury for 2 hour and at this moment i'm in Impact.
I play all in hard mode and my personal hell is detonator and zone battle....I'm not use to them at all :(

hard and long training....i need. ;)

read you soon
cdrom

Spece2goin
24th July 2009, 02:02 PM
On turbulence only
getting all medals on elite

but restarting many times Eliminator and Zone battle sessions for fun...

Hemicrania
24th July 2009, 02:03 PM
hmm, anyone know how to rack up big scores in detonator?

I realized I was missing a zero every time I finished....crap. This Fury is gonna be hell to finish on elite. Specially now that I am without PA and playing ONLY on elite... far more satisfying though.. shiny medals hmmm

blackwiggle
24th July 2009, 02:07 PM
Wait till close :rock

Sorry ,not much of a reply.

But concentrate on running over the red pads,shoot as NEEDED,avoid rest,then hit with wave.

okam
24th July 2009, 02:08 PM
Just started on the 3rd grid, after getting gold elite on everything (except one of the detonator events) on grids 1 and 2. Slower progress, but I have to learn the tracks anyway, and I don't want to rush through it just for a bronze trophy.

Handmadelion
24th July 2009, 03:57 PM
I've noticed in the zone events the "bronze.................silver...........gold" is pretty spaced out over the zones. And then I did this one detonator, took up nearly an hour of just dying when I'd get really close to bronze, but not quite cut it. Well I eventually get it right? And then guess what happens. "bronze..silver..gold." they were all clustered in the same area! So TIP: If you've got the bronze just stay alive a little while longer!

Darkdrium777
24th July 2009, 05:14 PM
I'll be giving tips for Detonator soon on the thread, just need to test out a few more things strategy wise. Don't want to lure people into the wrong direction.
If I were to talk now, it would probably work for you, but I'm currently doing higher and higher scores even on the tracks where I thought at first I couldn't do better.
But yes Handmadelion is right, if you can get to Bronze, it's only a matter of surviving a little while longer to get Gold. It's this way on Elite, so it should be even easier on Novice.

Hellfire_WZ
24th July 2009, 05:39 PM
Downloaded Fury about four hours ago. Already got Elite Gold in all cells in the first three grids, but Zone Battle is getting on my tits...

SaturnReturn
24th July 2009, 06:00 PM
I haven't started it yet. I just can't bring myself to race that slowly again. It's scary I tells ya. :(

sny
24th July 2009, 09:35 PM
I completed the first event only so far, but I only started playing Fury this evening, and most of that was spent in Zone and Speed Lap racebox races. :) Oh well, at least the first event has Elite gold medal in all cells already. Detonator and Zone Battle modes will be quite a grind to do later on, I suspect, the rest only require a bit of luck and the gradual learning of the new tracks.

I'm amazed at the number of events, though, I expected the Fury campaign to be like 30-40 races altogether. But I'm not complaining, at least it'll keep me busy for longer. :rock

Spece2goin
24th July 2009, 09:37 PM
i'm made a break after Vortex
the Tech De Ra reverse SL on rapier pushed me to try it on racebox in phantom

and i'm Top1 with 22.02, but i'm sure 21.5 is possible, as i missed 2 pads and my turbo+BR is not very well done...

anyone else did his try on speed lap or time trial before the big sharks eat them all?

KIGO1987
24th July 2009, 09:45 PM
aftermath :)

some tracks remind me of the good times in pulse

Where the hell have you've been all this time?

Tech De Ra your talking about right?

I would have to agree.

The FURY ELITE AI are particularly nasty.

More than that, cheeky bastards on the track. With the ship i choose, i just plow through the bastards if they want to muck around with me. Fury Triakis seriously rules, love it.

BTW any trophy's available for getting all "Elite Golds" in Campaign? Or is it just a bronze trophy for novice golds and that is it?

Aeroracer
24th July 2009, 09:46 PM
same for me..corruption. but im doing it on girl nail exstension level (easy):nod:nod

Hellfire_WZ
24th July 2009, 09:55 PM
Getting the hang of this now, first six grids completed with all Elite Gold. :)

Aeroracer
24th July 2009, 10:20 PM
wow,, show off

IDReaper
24th July 2009, 10:27 PM
Wow, a lot of you guys got pretty far! I'm working on Vortex right now, got the previous four grids complete Elite Gold. I don't move on until I complete each grid, lasts longer that way. Getting the hang of Zone Battle, finally.

Aeroracer
24th July 2009, 10:30 PM
am i right.......

they said 12 tracks

is that the 4 tracks on race box plus the same 4 backwards plus 4 zone tracks = 12 or are there more tracks in campaign to find..

IDReaper
24th July 2009, 10:31 PM
You are correct, reverse counts toward the total.

gettinmoney662
24th July 2009, 10:31 PM

Tech De Ra your talking about right?

More than that, cheeky bastards on the track. With the ship i choose, i just plow through the bastards if they want to muck around with me. Fury Triakis seriously rules, love it.

BTW any trophy's available for getting all "Elite Golds" in Campaign? Or is it just a bronze trophy for novice golds and that is it?

Not even golds, just any medal.

I haven't even started this campaign. I still need to work on getting all elite golds in the original campaign.

Vartazian
24th July 2009, 10:34 PM
Im on your tail for detonator we seem to be flipping on Sebenco and Chengou for top record.

KANDANG
25th July 2009, 01:35 AM

hehe.. jst got it to finish off singleplayer, back to sf4 :beer

menus look good. handling seems different frm the last time i played in jan , especially zone mode compared to pulse. might jump in for some games in future.

yeldar2097
25th July 2009, 01:47 AM
stuck on blitz..... :(
bastard elite AI won't let me win

djKyoto
25th July 2009, 02:11 AM
I should have 167 elite golds by the end of the day hopefully, first 6 campaigns havn't been too bad. :rock

Hellfire_WZ
25th July 2009, 11:23 AM
All done, every cell completed with Elite Gold :D

Now, lots of Speed Laps on the new tracks and then online ;)

okam
25th July 2009, 11:38 AM
Any special reward for all elites? I'm assuming new skins with all gold medals (of any kind), but anything special for elite?

NeilSmith
25th July 2009, 11:55 AM
Yes okam, you get a tingly feeling in your tummy, plus you'll go to sleep with a smile on your face ;)

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 12:20 PM
Has anyone figured out how to unlock that second set of skins? I'm unlocking zone battle skins but those other ones are killing me. And if someone confirms they ARE just chrome, then awwww :(

okam
25th July 2009, 12:22 PM
Oh wow, it will be totally worth it then for the tingling feeling alone... I was going to do it anyway tho :P

djKyoto
25th July 2009, 12:24 PM

I don't see your 470k+ score on Denonator Tech da ra reverse :p

Edit: See it now. Got 521k tho ;)

mic-dk
25th July 2009, 12:25 PM

Holy sh*t Hellfire - in a hurry are we? :D
I managed the first 3 campaigns last night. The normal races, eliminator and zone are not to bad on Elite, but it'll be months before I beat the zonebattle and worse, Detonator on elite.

Good thing the wife and dog are sent away tonight = Fury heaven :)

SynergyBlades
25th July 2009, 12:32 PM
Has anyone figured out how to unlock that second set of skins? I'm unlocking zone battle skins but those other ones are killing me. And if someone confirms they ARE just chrome, then awwww :(

Just get a medal in every cell, the top set of skins are a nice sort of deep grey metal colour :)

djKyoto
25th July 2009, 01:12 PM
Elite Gold all done. :rock

YouAreFubar
25th July 2009, 06:35 PM
Ive just completed it on elite with all gold and got the campaign skins for it. Good fun and now its time to join the masses online!

abukii
25th July 2009, 06:59 PM
Working on Corruption atm. I agree with one of the posters here, once you realize whats going on in Zone Battle its kinda easy. Eliminator is just way too much fun !!

TheFrostE
25th July 2009, 07:04 PM
just got aftermath to do then elite gold complete!

Nunalho
25th July 2009, 07:09 PM
I m about half way through, but i suck at detonator events...most of them i played in easy! Shame, i cant seem to grasp the better way to play it. :!

Races are done in Elite though.

YouAreFubar
25th July 2009, 07:16 PM
With detonator I found just tapping the fire button rather than holding it made a massive difference. It seems the bullets go through the mines on the track so you dont need to keep firing to take a load out.

Worked for me anyway....

Darkdrium777
25th July 2009, 08:24 PM
For bullets, they actually don't go through. But they are fired in pair, so if you arrange it so that one bullet hits one mine, and the other one another, you get two mines for essentially the price of one bullet. :)
It costs 400 000 dollars to fire this weapon for twelve seconds, so better start saving some ammo xD

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 08:27 PM
I'm sure if it were real, Ridium :beer

But hell it's a good thought to keep us conservative on this mode.

zeeZ
25th July 2009, 10:28 PM
Easy peasy mode all done, just to see what the final row of unlocks was, and to get the last trophy. I was in a hurry, have to pack tomorrow for some heavy metal camping, it'll take me a while to get all Elite

designer_79
25th July 2009, 10:31 PM
Not making quick progress here ... just finished blitzed. Well, playing another pretty similar game at the moment, called Shanghai Fury. Works the following ... invite your younger brother to Shanghai (actually its only playable in team mode) and take a first look at the game. Every district of the city worth a clubbing visit makes for one campaign grid (5 in total) filled with several game modes testing different of your skills.

- 1st 'roll dice and drink' ... a mode pretty much determined by luck, roll an '8' you fill your opponents glass with half of what is already in there , roll a '9' you fill with every amount you seem good, roll a '7', unlucky loser you empty your glass.

- 2nd 'dance till ya drop' ... test your stamina , the first which passes out on the combination of shaking hips to tunes worth being included in the original WO series and illegal amounts of alcohol simply loses this mode.

- 3nd 'catch tha girl ' ... pretty hard mode , the elite AI present around the players make it hard to succeed. Goal is to simply approach every opposite sexed co-player and to apply a leech-beam like weapon to crush the opponents last defensive shields.

All in all a pretty time consuming game, but fun as hell, Fury you rock though! Gotta be back to you soon ... 8)

BlochNWhitey
26th July 2009, 02:46 AM
I haven't even touched it at all.. I realllllly don't wanna drive these courses and such on Venom speed.. ):

Darkdrium777
26th July 2009, 02:54 AM
I've completed it, no troubles at all except Zone Battle and Eliminator a few particular times. I guess I'm the reverse of everybody who's been having troubles with Detonator xD :lol
I'll be writing up a complete tutorial soon ;)

RobCoxy
26th July 2009, 04:29 AM
I completed the campaign too :D. All elite golds :D. And a few new WR's :D. Overall i was very pleased with it, great job SL ;).

@Darkdrium: I also found the Detonators easy. Done them all usually on 1st or 2nd go and got some good scores :). Awesome mode! :D

YouAreFubar
26th July 2009, 04:24 PM
Once you get used to it, I agree that detonator is pretty easy (and great fun!). Ive just got all the trophies for Fury now as well. Completely complete! :p

Handmadelion
26th July 2009, 06:23 PM
All Elite Gold and all the new trophies makes for 100% completion both on the record and in my mind. I saved that deserving final 8 race tournament in Aftermath for my last medal and my last trophy was Da Bomb. And boy, was it the hardest of the bunch for me.

blackwiggle
26th July 2009, 06:30 PM
Da BOMB is Da PITA.

My first detonator race I got 13 ,Oh this will be easy, NOT!

Anybody else finding Phantom speed back to the old Wipeout Phantom speed?

I've gotten so used to HD's slower version it was a bit of a shock at first.

O_BR
26th July 2009, 06:39 PM
Hello my name is Olli and I'm addicted to WipEout.

Somehow this feels like a different game altogether with the Fury pack. The visual
style is waaay more out there when comparing to the basic WipEout HD. And of
course, since I haven't played the PSP games the tracks are brand new for me.

I just finished Blitzed with every slot in elite gold. Having a pizza break for a while
and then it's more wiping!

But the problem is that my DS3 is out of power. SIXAXIS doesn't have much juice
left and I can't find my usb-cable! I think I gotta go buy one tomorrow if I can't
find the old one,...

RobCoxy
26th July 2009, 08:01 PM
Anybody else finding Phantom speed back to the old Wipeout Phantom speed?

I've gotten so used to HD's slower version it was a bit of a shock at first.

I was wondering that! I swear it is faster! Took me a bit of getting used to to be honest. Much harder to navigate the new tracks (which i had hardly played before fury) on phantom speed.

TheFrostE
26th July 2009, 08:12 PM
i dont know why ppl are making a fuss about detonator mode...its the easiest out of the new modes.....the amphiseum score in first place AND second place is actually mine...i did the better score at my GFs house so its her name :p

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 11:39 PM
completed fury campaign and got my shiny new silver ship:nod:nod..i am happy now:):guitar

now i can play speed lap to get my speed up with my new shiny ship:):):guitar

sny
27th July 2009, 05:41 PM

Now, lots of Speed Laps on the new tracks and then online ;)

That's exactly what I intend to do! Only 3 Grids to complete now, first 5 has elite golds in all cells. :)

Constrictor
28th July 2009, 06:44 AM
Seems that there are equal startegies w/ Fury. Yesterday I completed the campaign with all Gold on Elite (except Detonator ... these are mostly easy Gold ) and got (offline) bored and went for the trophy hunt. I have to admit that this was near cheating and quite easy. Now I aim for the new tracks so I won't get kicked a*s online again.

btw, I'm in (maybe Vice-President) for a Fury Detonator Loser Social Network

guggle
28th July 2009, 08:15 AM
I'm up to VOLTAGE but I'm mixing it up a bit. I've got Elite on some of the events, Skilled on others and Novice on the hard ones like Detonator - can't get a grip on that one just yet. Still in training though....

Michael.

RaiderHutch
28th July 2009, 02:52 PM
I'm impressed by some of the folks who have already blown through the campaign on elite! :clap

I'm taking my time and doing everything on skilled (elite is way too tough for me), once I get more familiar with some of the tracks though I'm sure I'll try to tackle the races on elite difficulty. My biggest struggle right now seems to be the Zone Battles, that event can be tough especially when I'm following too close and plow into a barrier!

NeilSmith
28th July 2009, 03:17 PM
I got my final Elite Gold today for the Fury Campaign. It wasn't as hard as I initially thought it was going to be. I've gotten every single trophy apart from the Zone Zeus one, but I'm only 5 zones away now :) I've also gotten all the badges and 100 000 loyalty points for all the ships apart from 1 team. So I guess that all I have left then :) I wonder what's next. Oh.... I know, reaching rank 100 for online play ;)

Artieficial
28th July 2009, 03:41 PM
Wow - the only ship I've gotten 100k on is Feisar; the others aren't even close. :D

I'm going through the Fury campaign on Novice, by the way, but I already feel bad about it. I've cleared every race on the first go. :? I'm taking it too easy. I'll probably switch to Elite later today.

Darkdrium777
28th July 2009, 05:00 PM
This is why you should play Detonator. A few games got me Feisar maxed out, and Qirex is very close to it as well, after just about a dozen games (It started from only a few 1000 loyalty points.) I don't think there's anything faster to increase your loyalty score, even reaching Zone 100 wouldn't be faster.

Motorsagmannen
29th July 2009, 02:41 PM
eliminator also racks up points like crazy.
EDIT: in my case it IS faster, simply because i still suck at detonator.

yeldar2097
29th July 2009, 02:52 PM
pfff i was on 100k with all teams before fury :P

Elite gold in all cells except EVERY detonator event (besides a gold on tech de ra :D)

I intend to rectify this soon

jimsin
29th July 2009, 07:09 PM
Just to chip in about my own campaign progress.

Races, Time Trials, Speedlaps, Zone - all getting elite golds with no problems so far.

Zone Battle - I was hopeless at this untill I started reading about it on the forum, but now I seem to be getting elite golds fairly easily.

Detonator - Aaaargh!!!! Even after reading the very detailed thread about it, I can't even get an elite bronze - seems impossible to be getting these massive combos when you can only shoot in the direction you are flying, and you have to keep it on the track.

Eliminator - Starting to get really annoyed with this mode - sometimes I'll have 75 points in about twenty seconds, other times I'll be on about 6 and I see that one of the AI is sitting on about 150! Whole thing just seems to be completely random. Is there a thread for advice about playing eliminator, because I can't see one - only useful thing I have learned so far is that if you miss a weapon pickup, it's easy to use L1 to stop immediately and go back over it.

In short, the racing is great fun and everything I had hoped for - but the shooting modes are quickly turning my brain to jelly - maybe you have to be a shooting kind of person to do well at them?

LOUDandPROUD
29th July 2009, 07:58 PM
I'm progressing through the campaign in the same manner as you, except for Eliminator, which I kick ass at (offline anyway lol) and find exceedingly easy. I'm completely flumoxed by Detonator...and yes, I've read everything posted by DD777 (and others) on the subject. I've only been able to get an elite gold in Detonator in the first grid...the rest I couldn't even get an Elite bronze. :?

sny
29th July 2009, 08:49 PM
Is there a thread for advice about playing eliminator, because I can't see one - only useful thing I have learned so far is that if you miss a weapon pickup, it's easy to use L1 to stop immediately and go back over it.

None that tackles that topic specifically, but there is a general eliminator mode thread somewhere out there. :)

Regarding advice, hmm... Eliminator events are by far the easiest ones to win for me, after Speed laps, so I guess I'll share some of the things I came up with to score higher/faster:

- Your position in the fray is crucial to scoring high. Obviously you're not going to get many points if you're half a lap behind the pack, since you won't actually see ships at all, but the point potential is much higher for someone on first or second place than on the last, for example. The reason is quite simple: if you're up front, you won't have to worry about ship damage too much, and you can just flip your ship and blast away at the followers with most weapons you get. Keep in mind that a quake fired by the player in 8th spot might not even reach the first few players at all if the difference is big, especially since the ships are moving the same direction as the blast wave. However, if you're firing a quake backwards from first spot, the ships are actually running to meet it, and all of them will be hit.
- Learning how and when to use plasma makes all the difference, since it's an almost(?) guaranteed instant kill, which gives the biggest point boost in Eliminator. Not much to talk about when aiming it at someone in front of you, nothing new there. But when aiming it backward, I think the most common mistake that people make judging from the videos is that they flip their ship first, then charge the plasma. You should always fire the weapon first, then flip the ship a few tenths of a second later. This way the opponents you're trying to shoot will have much less time to react to the purple bolt of doom heading their way and it is also less likely that they will pass you before you can actually fire the plasma. Obviously for best results, always do this flip/shoot maneuver in a straight section, preferably following a corner. That way it's much more predictable where the ships will appear, and furthermore, when coming out of the corner they won't have time to sideshift before they go splat.
- If you get a rocket and someone is ahead of you but not too close, try to gain as much as you can on him in tough corners before firing the rockets. For best results, you might even sacrifice taking a difficult corner (like the hairpin in Talon's Junction) properly and aim your craft directly at the cornering ship and fire your rockets at point blank range. When shooting ships behind you, the same applies here as with the plasma.
- I'm getting surprisingly many eliminations with leech beams, but they are quite difficult to fire backwards unless the ship chasing you is a good distance away. So if you're closely dogged by someone, absorbing it to gain a shield is probably better, but if there's someone ahead of you or you have time to turn and lock on your target, go for it by all means. Just remember that any damage will break the beam, so don't come to a complete halt when aiming it or you'll be a sitting duck for any incoming fire.
- I wouldn't recommend doing what you do and turning to go back for a missed weapon pad unless there's nobody around you. Losing sight of targets to shoot is the worst possible thing in an Eliminator match. Plus, you heal 20% shield if you complete a lap, so you should race forward as much as you can.

I hope this helps!

jimsin
29th July 2009, 11:52 PM
Sny - heaps of thanks for the advice on eliminator. I am quick enough to get infront of the pack, but because I've been concentrating on trying to shoot things, I've found myself floating around at the back of it - catching up, then dropping back again - during all this time the AI ships are raking up kills and my score invariably drops to 8th.

The approach you suggest makes so much sense that it's a bit embarassing that I didn't think of it myself - so I'm extremely grateful. Now to go see if I can make it work :S

EDIT: Elite Gold on 2nd attempt of following your advice. Can't thank you enough.

mic-dk
30th July 2009, 05:23 AM
One more Eliminator trick, albeit a cheap one. DON'T let the AI eliminate you.

They get points, and you get a small subtraction in your. If you find yourself low on shields and nowhere near the finishline, it's better just to grind the wall until dead. You respawn, full shields and the Ai doesn't get +20 for eliminating you.

jimsin
30th July 2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks for that mic-dk, another helpful tip.

I've been sailing through the eliminator rounds since reading sny's post, so this last point should be the final nail in the AI's coffin so to speak :D

tileon
30th July 2009, 10:43 PM
is it me or does campain go like detonator detonator detonator detonator everywhere with ridiculous targets right from the start? :turd

Sideshow
31st July 2009, 08:39 AM
My grids are like blankets of elite golds ruined by scatterings of completely empty detonator cells :(

stever
31st July 2009, 11:55 AM
I'm getting the hang of detonator and am really enjoying it. As stated in the detonator thread fire conservatively, make sure you get the bombs, don't over use EMPS and try to build those chains up.

LOUDandPROUD
3rd August 2009, 04:55 PM
Completed the campaign last night, getting all elite golds. Wait, huh? Well, all elite golds except for the frickin detonator events, that is...only novice golds for those (aside from the one in the first grid, which I got elite gold on). :?

Plan on trying to recify the situation over time though...we'll see what happens.

Motorsagmannen
4th August 2009, 01:47 AM
funny you should say that L&P, i have the same problem. i suck hard at detonator. might just be a bit training required, but i dunno might be some time untill i get my "elite campaign fury legend" trophy :P

RedScar
4th August 2009, 02:43 AM
I wish I had a way of recording my detonator runs, it really isn't that hard once you learn what to do.
Also finished Fury Campaign all Elite golds 2 days ago.

LOUDandPROUD
4th August 2009, 03:08 AM
Blah, blah, blah, detonator, blah, blah blah...lol. :p

DDark
4th August 2009, 12:40 PM
i just finished fury a couple of days ago im now trying to do the original game in elite and the arcade perfect thing i never seem to pay attention to the trophy lists atleast ive got plenty of wipeout fun to be had :nod

Constrictor
6th August 2009, 04:12 PM
Update on detonator :p

Yesterday evening I wasn't able to play HD online for about 1 hour when I needed it despeartely ... bored as hell I started my crusade for the last three (detonator) elite golds ... made 2 ... was still bored - but also somewhat pleased w/ myself ... HD online was possible again after the 2nd gold ... now I know what to do when the next online outage occurs. Detonator Tech Da Ra , be prepared.

PLazarou
6th August 2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah Tech de Ra Detonator was the only one that gave me trouble. Darkdrium777's guide really helped. Highly recommended!