PDA

View Full Version : HD FURY : What do you think of the Menus Background Music

superpj1
24th July 2009, 03:15 AM
Hi y'all :)

What do you think of the menus background music in Wipeout Fury ?

Personnaly I have switched to the old style menus (HD).

Vartazian
24th July 2009, 03:16 AM
Its So cool. Its 100% better then the old menu

TheFrostE
24th July 2009, 03:17 AM
yes...the fury menu and animation system is far superior to the HD one... i like them both but the fury interface REALLY reflects what its all about.

LOUDandPROUD
24th July 2009, 03:20 AM
Prefer the Fury setup over the HD setup by a large margin...super cool.

shindubhe
24th July 2009, 03:20 AM
i really like it ,its very fitting

gettinmoney662
24th July 2009, 03:23 AM
The menu's colors and backgrounds are amazing.

I really liked the new music when I first heard it, I don't know if I'll get sick of it or not though.

ProblemSolver
24th July 2009, 03:57 AM
Fury's menu is top-notch. :clap

djKyoto
24th July 2009, 04:50 AM
Fury, easily. It's great.

NeilSmith
24th July 2009, 04:53 AM
I think the Fury theme fits perfectly, it's dark and sinister :) The music from the old menu had me so fed up towards the end that I usually put my tv on "mute" while I was looking for races to join. I still think a custom menu music option would be very nice in the future :) Or the ability to turn it off

mic-dk
24th July 2009, 05:27 AM
I like the Fury layout as well, and it's just generally nice to see something new.

Only, my TV doesn't like the Fury menu. Because of the wide, black borders it thinks it's recieveing a 4:3 image and after 20 seconds activates the screen protection. So I get nice, grey curtains on both sides that only go away once the race starts :lol

Crob
24th July 2009, 08:44 AM
Thats very interesting mic-dk - can you tell me more about your setup (composite/hdmi? make/model?)

Cheers

mic-dk
24th July 2009, 09:00 AM
It is a Pioneer 5090 connected to the PS via HDMI. The TV is set to automagically detect the incoming signal and in case of a 4:3 signal activate the side-protection to prevent uneven wear.

As far as I can tell the menu is sized so it will fit inside a 4:3 picture. The loading screen is slightly wider, but it isn't enough for the TV to detect. As soon as I get inside the race, the screen detects it correctly and the whole picture is shown.

It isn't a major problem though. I can force the TV to show a 16:9 picture, whatever the input, and with a programmable remote it's really just adding an extra command to the "Play Playstation" button :)

Touring Mars
24th July 2009, 09:06 AM
I love the Fury menus, and I like the background music too, but I really like the fact that you can revert to the HD-style menu too.

Rod Hull
24th July 2009, 09:07 AM
It is a Pioneer 5090 connected to the PS via HDMI. The TV is set to automagically detect the incoming signal and in case of a 4:3 signal activate the side-protection to prevent uneven wear.

As far as I can tell the menu is sized so it will fit inside a 4:3 picture. The loading screen is slightly wider, but it isn't enough for the TV to detect. As soon as I get inside the race, the screen detects it correctly and the whole picture is shown.

It isn't a major problem though. I can force the TV to show a 16:9 picture, whatever the input, and with a programmable remote it's really just adding an extra command to the "Play Playstation" button :)

That sounds odd - many HDTVs when connected to something via HDMI which is pumping out an HD res (like 720p. 1080i or 1080p) will force 16:9 aspect and won't let you alter it (my Hitachi certainly does) - sounds like yours is one of the few that allows control...

Danterich
24th July 2009, 09:11 AM
I love the Fury menus, and I like the background music too, but I really like the fact that you can revert to the HD-style menu too.
That´s what i think, too :)

Axel
24th July 2009, 09:18 AM
The menu is perfect, very nice backgrounds and the music is so addictive!

cybrpnk
24th July 2009, 09:21 AM
i like the new menu a lot better...has a prodigy vibe to it...darker WipEout...very very cool...

mic-dk
24th July 2009, 09:21 AM
That sounds odd - many HDTVs when connected to something via HDMI which is pumping out an HD res (like 720p. 1080i or 1080p) will force 16:9 aspect and won't let you alter it (my Hitachi certainly does) - sounds like yours is one of the few that allows control...

Oh, it's showing a 1080p picture in 16:9 as such, but since there's only colour/movement within the 4:3 frame it activates the screenprotection. It may be caused by a bit over-agressive screenprotection, but I can only turn it on or off.

It was blanket turned it on, since about half the TV channels I watch still broadcast in 4:3. Now, when I switch to the PS, it is forced in 16:9 (programmable remotes FTW!)

Jambo
24th July 2009, 09:37 AM
I love the new menus and sounds, loved the old one too.

I think the new one is more reminiscent of an aggressive sport as WipEout undoubtedly is.

KIGO1987
24th July 2009, 10:01 AM
Menu theme and graphics are killer, but that music is gonna give me the shiits in about a week i reckon,

Back to the Blue and White HD theme now,

BTW thanks for editing the text appearance, i can actually see the friggin track that i want to choose to play now on an SD screen.

Roz
24th July 2009, 10:58 AM
Fury menu + music just rock. They give this evil feeling, which just goes perfectly with the new super aggressive looking ships and tracks.

Everything is just amazingly coherent.

Hemicrania
24th July 2009, 11:46 AM
from a designers point of view :

Its too hard to find anything wrong with all the wipEout games. I can go all pixelfuk on its ass, but I won't....cous the total package is way too balanced. Compositioning is brilliant. Lining of menu's, positioning on screen....I can go on....but its all magic. I was trying to capture that same mood with my Fury avatars, but only got as far as "decent". (besides, they are too big to use over here anyway)

I take my hat off to the designers in the wipEout team. It turned out great, a stunning piece of artwork. And to think....its a damn game too... :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap