PDA

View Full Version : The girl who says "Perfect lap", "New lap record", etc.

superpj1
23rd July 2009, 03:32 AM
Does someone have a photo of her ? :p

RobCoxy
23rd July 2009, 03:55 AM
You dirty bast*ard you lol ;). I don't btw lol, don't even know who she is...?

IH8YOU
23rd July 2009, 04:09 AM
How about this - I'll give you her # and address - if you hook me up with Curley from Wipeout 3.

Deal? :)

djKyoto
23rd July 2009, 05:08 AM
LOL.

3, 2, 1 , Gooooooohhhhhh. :p

NightArh
23rd July 2009, 05:57 AM
I think she is a cyborg :p Do you like cyborgs? :robot

Handmadelion
23rd July 2009, 06:41 AM
I'm sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

PEPEDA
23rd July 2009, 09:14 AM
hi mate,i think this girl must be blonde,deep green eyes,1,75 cm tall and with a big pair of this and that.....the girl my mom has ever wanted for me.....and my dad for him...hehehehe

mdhay
23rd July 2009, 09:51 AM
I'm sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Awesome. :lol

Chances are the voice is an onboard computer that is uploaded with track information beforehand.

Handmadelion
23rd July 2009, 09:54 AM
Microsoft SAMantha? Anyone thought of that?

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 09:56 AM
Oh god, Studio Liverpool Is trying to Seduce our Ranks with Cybernetic women!

You sly Bastards.

jimsin
23rd July 2009, 12:02 PM
lol - I must admit that I have also wondered what she looks like. There's not many girls/women who can say 'Disengaging!' quite like that.

Spece2goin
23rd July 2009, 12:05 PM
check the credits

there must be someone behind that voice.

imagine the number of recording session to get a perfet "new lap record"!

edit : Caroline Bernstein

i'm affraid your phanstasm is over guys...

but she's a good voice over, appearing in movies, TV shows and many other games...

jimsin
23rd July 2009, 12:20 PM
Ahh, the mystery is solved.

I wonder how much she would charge to do a voicemail recording for me?

"RECORD MESSAGE!"

Think I would get a lot more voicemails than I do at the moment.

NightArh
23rd July 2009, 12:27 PM
Do you know that the pleasing female voice allows for pilot much faster to perceive information in critical situations than male voice? Such is a psychology of a man. That is why this is used in all onboard radioelectronic notification systems on the aircrafts.:sonar

KIGO1987
23rd July 2009, 12:29 PM
I love that english chick accent in HD,

Especially when you do the surround sound system test:lol XD!

chalovak
23rd July 2009, 12:45 PM
What is a surround sound system test are you talking about?:?

rdmx
23rd July 2009, 12:56 PM
If you have a 5.1 system, you can do a surround test.
"Left channel! Center channel! Right channel!, etc"
Am I the only person who likes the way 'gold medal awarded/silver medal awarded' is said?

alka16r
23rd July 2009, 12:57 PM
Main menu =>option=> audio=> sound test

it allows you to check if your 5.1 surround system is ok

chalovak
23rd July 2009, 01:00 PM
thanks! never tried it. well, another chance to enjoy her voice. lol...

infoxicated
23rd July 2009, 01:02 PM
I actually thought Amanda Weston sounded sexier in WipEout Pure & Pulse. :)

chalovak
23rd July 2009, 01:08 PM
if we are talking about voices here, I love when she and male actor announce "sub-sonic" together (only male before sub-sonic) in the zone mode. and all this colors. pretty epic I would say.

rdmx
23rd July 2009, 01:09 PM
Not that I find it sexy or anything :P, but I also prefer the pure voice over pulse and HD - mostly because pulse's was too 'robotized'.

okam
23rd July 2009, 01:12 PM
IMO bring back the WO3 voice for pickups. Ro-ket!

I could have sworn the WOHD voice said "perfect rap" instead of "perfect lap" once when doing zone a while ago, I laughed so hard I crashed and totalled my ship.

tileon
23rd July 2009, 01:12 PM
I just hope she's not so LOUD in real life. Or like she creeps behind you to attest to every single piece of whatnot that comes at/from you in her angry teenage brit girl grunt!

CAR! CAR! CAR! CAR! CAR! BUS! WAAAAAH MYSELF!

ohwait! and then she's very possessive, like she makes your heart skip with the introductory "MYSELF!" (because she's comming at you) then she snatches stuff from your hands snapping "MINE." "MINE." "MINE."

mic-dk
23rd July 2009, 01:23 PM
I love when she and male actor announce "sub-sonic" together (only male before sub-sonic) in the zone mode. and all this colors. pretty epic I would say.

Aye, my personal favorite too.

ACE-FLO
23rd July 2009, 01:37 PM
Some funny posts here.

I like the female announcers voice in pulse, but the one in W"O"3 was perfect. Had a hint of mischief in her voice, i like that...

KIGO1987
23rd July 2009, 01:39 PM
If you have a 5.1 system, you can do a surround test.
"Left channel! Center channel! Right channel!, etc"
Am I the only person who likes the way 'gold medal awarded/silver medal awarded' is said?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is a surround sound system test are you talking about?:?

Just up there:)

chalovak
23rd July 2009, 01:41 PM
thanks, already got it.

KIGO1987
23rd July 2009, 01:49 PM
Does anyone else get distracted by that orgasmic noises on the Paris Hair track in Pure? It sounds like the noises you get from your neighbors apartment when they are having good sex or something.

I find myself slamming into the walls on that track laughing over those seductive sounds in the background. Very distracting. Maybe thats purposely why voice chat isnt allowed properly in online races.

NightArh
23rd July 2009, 02:02 PM
Haha! I didn't play Pure so may I watch this somewhere on youtube?.. with sound rofl

lunar
23rd July 2009, 02:04 PM
Don`t worry Kigo, Paris Hair just sounds like my house on a typical Saturday night.

Does anyone think 2097`s voice was the sexiest? The original was definitely the best - my kids swear that it says "three, three, three, GO!"

Spece2goin
23rd July 2009, 03:41 PM
In Fury we now have an orgasmic " gold medal awarded "

!!!!!!!

Sumimasen
23rd July 2009, 03:46 PM
Kinda related, but I always quite liked Sara Stockbridge doing her best Russian in Krazy Ivan...

There's a blast from the past for you! :)

Sausehuhn
23rd July 2009, 04:20 PM
Don`t worry Kigo, Paris Hair just sounds like my house on a typical Saturday night.
:beer

I still find Fusion's voice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcdYOHWULJ8&feature=related) best. Yes. It's perfect. Yes. Yes it is. I love it.
Now who was she?

abukii
23rd July 2009, 06:44 PM
imdb.com has your answers :)
I came up with only Amanda Weston. I thought they were the same voice overs from the new games to pure/pulse.

Nunalho
23rd July 2009, 11:11 PM
Might be an old lady :guitar

lunar
24th July 2009, 08:46 AM
:beer

I still find Fusion's voice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcdYOHWULJ8&feature=related) best. Yes. It's perfect. Yes. Yes it is. I love it.
Now who was she?

Do you mean the one on the start countdown? :eek I don`t know what she looks like but I`m glad she`s not my girlfriend! I agree about the in race voice - very very good - I even remember there being a discussion about her back on the Fusion boards but don`t remember what was said.

offtopic, I really think Mandrashee (and Florion Heights) would be awesome for an HD update for future Wipeout HD DLC. After Pure and Pulse tracks some Fusion tracks would be very different.

Sausehuhn
24th July 2009, 01:43 PM
Ahahaha no, definitely not the countdown voice. Fusion introduced two announcers, a male one for race stats (like "GO", "Race complete" etc) and a female one for weapons (weapon names, "auto pilot disengaging" etc).
Surely, I mean the female one ;)

And I couldn't find her on imdb.com (http://www.imdb.com), as I couldn't find any credits there. Only for some WOs, but not for Fusion.

superpj1
28th July 2009, 06:09 AM
I could have sworn the WOHD voice said "perfect rap" instead of "perfect lap" once when doing zone a while ago, I laughed so hard I crashed and totalled my ship.

You are perfectly rap ... err right, she says "Perfect Rap" indeed :eek I've also noticed she says "Horridon 12" instead of "Corridon 12" :naughty ... well maybe that's how they pronounce it on the Wipeout planet :P

Griffon
28th July 2009, 08:36 AM
Is it odd that I actually like the Zone voice better? :P

...RAPIER.

...SUB-PHANTOM.

I want that voice on my computer.

GreenPhazon
28th July 2009, 11:40 AM
I actually thought Amanda Weston sounded sexier in WipEout Pure & Pulse. :)

I concur.

yeldar2097
28th July 2009, 12:59 PM
does anyone else thing she sounds a bit funky when she say 'gold' in 'gold medal awarded' in the fury campaign?

RobCoxy
29th July 2009, 02:41 AM
I don't know if it's just the gold part... but there's definitely something funky about the way she says things in fury! :o

KIGO1987
29th July 2009, 10:49 AM
Cant stand that fake wog accent she puts on when she says Mallavol.

Its like people here, who say lasagna as LA GAHN YA! Its a discrace when people call my favourite dish here that, makes me want to hit them over there head with a large non stick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1f4ZfHkICo) fry pan.

Here an example;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs4bqQcYSk4

Motorsagmannen
29th July 2009, 02:27 PM
the thing i think is rather odd is everytime she says "zone 30, completed" nowadays i could swear she said zone 40 instead lol

guillaume
29th July 2009, 02:43 PM
does anyone else thing she sounds a bit funky when she say 'gold' in 'gold medal awarded' in the fury campaign?
True! In eliminator events I always wait to see my rank because I wonder if she said 'bronze' or 'gold'.

XBARNSTERX
29th July 2009, 07:58 PM
the thing i think is rather odd is everytime she says "zone 30, completed" nowadays i could swear she said zone 40 instead lol

Yeah i've noticed that, a bit off putting sometimes. She can be forgetful though. The amount of quakes, bombs etc i've hint with no warnings is ridiculous:!

sny
29th July 2009, 08:58 PM

Thank heavens, I thought I was the only one that heard her say 40 at 30 and 45 at 35! What a relief, my hearing must be okay after all. :D

Vartazian
29th July 2009, 09:56 PM
You guys are still talking about the voiceover lady?

*loses faith in humanity*

Lance
29th July 2009, 11:58 PM
}has opinions confirmed about humanity{ :D

Motorsagmannen
30th July 2009, 04:11 AM
You guys are still talking about the voiceover lady?

*loses faith in humanity*

humanity is doomed anyway, so lets play wipeout :g

IH8YOU
30th July 2009, 04:14 AM
I've got a couple games in me.

Let's just hope Studio Liverpool cranks out another installment before the world ends in 2012. (again)

;)

superpj1
30th July 2009, 07:29 AM
She also says "Malavo" instead of "Malavol" :D

LurifaxFlux
31st July 2009, 03:31 AM
Ahh, the mystery is solved.

I wonder how much she would charge to do a voicemail recording for me?

"RECORD MESSAGE!"

Think I would get a lot more voicemails than I do at the moment.

Haha that cracked me up :D

Anyway, gotta love the first game's voice dude xD

Threy, Tue, Wan, Gou!
or.. Mynes