PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite ship in Pure

XpanDrome2097
21st July 2009, 12:03 PM
I've maked a search, and I don't have found nothing like this ;).
In this days I've taked back my PSP and I've start to fly again in the FX300 League.
What's your favourite Pure's team?

My favourite one in Pure is Auricom, I use this beuatiful ship (I love its line) in tournaments, expecially in the fastest class.
The favourite second one is Harimau, very cool, very good accelleration, very fast, perfect for time trial, but low shield, and this make a bit frustrated in Rapier/Phantom classes.

What's your choices in Pure?

archman
21st July 2009, 12:05 PM
Harimau nowadays, as it makes a good exit from every corner, nice and fast. Also good thrust and speed. The shield is a pain, but it's ok. ;)

GreenPhazon
21st July 2009, 12:11 PM
Assegai, Qirex then Puma 1. I used to use nothing but puma 1, but when I rediscovered Pure, I found it too slow.

Sausehuhn
21st July 2009, 03:50 PM
Played Assegai for a long time but ended up using Goteki45 for most races, as it is not too agile, yet still not too bulky.

ACE-FLO
21st July 2009, 03:57 PM
Icaras, choice cuts... tasty!

q_dmc12
21st July 2009, 04:00 PM
its got to be zone:rock

GreenPhazon
21st July 2009, 04:17 PM
Icaras, choice cuts... tasty!

I didn't think Icaras was in Pure.

Sausehuhn
21st July 2009, 04:28 PM
"Downloadable Content" is the answer here ;)

GreenPhazon
21st July 2009, 10:58 PM
I thought I had all the DLC. What pack was that/where can I get it?

Sausehuhn
22nd July 2009, 05:47 PM
There's "Sticky Thread" (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2524) in this forum that will answer all of your questions :)

willsgb13
22nd July 2009, 11:46 PM
holy ****

i looked a couple of days ago for a vehicle thread and didn't see any... but you made this one before i made mine venom... sorry! :! i did not intend to make a thread to compete with or void yours. perhaps they should be merged or something? sorry once again :?

current favourite = icaras. harimau, in spite of infectious colour scheme and light breezy controls, are a little unassuming to fly at the moment.

Harvai
25th July 2009, 09:36 AM
Mine right now has to be Tigron, with Auricom being second. Both ships have a great balance between power and agility, and they look awesome, too

willsgb13
25th July 2009, 06:26 PM
i've just done a few tournaments and tigron were very dominant, both as a ship to race with and as one of the opponents, other strong opponents were icaras and auricom, while harimau and goteki were useful to race as. assegai and piranha tended to do badly as opponents, while the puma and artist ships' performances varied. qirex and triakis nipped at the heels of the frontrunners. interested in online user performances now

XpanDrome2097
25th July 2009, 10:55 PM
willsgb13, sometimes I've tried Tigron and for me is a good ship in parameters+, I respect all the Tigron lovers but for me its aesthetics destroys all....probably because Tigron for me is one of the most useless ships that I've tried in Fusion (G-Tech is out of parameters, it is THE useless ship for excellence :p): extremely high shield and dimensions, very great max speed but....'so ungovernable!
But the Pure model is at another level of playing, this is true, and in a selection of high-shield models with a good handling at the same time, Tigron is one of the first choices, but I prefer Auricom :).

willsgb13
26th July 2009, 12:01 AM
haven't played fusion at length yet, only tried feisar and vanuber i think, or g-tech, so far... as for pure's fusion, it's totally cool if you don't like the tigron ship, i think it rocks personally :rock but it is quite heavy duty, maybe a little overpowered. goteki is a nice balance of outstanding and moderate for a competitive but not blitzing ride, while icaras is just joyous rapid speed that's a little more manageable then the model in 3 :rock

as for opponent performance in tournaments, i've discovered that it's not really a case of some always being better then others, the performance actually seems to vary without much consistency (although icaras, klor, auricom and triakis seem to excel)

auricom is your favourite? it's got good stats and it's fast, but i can't seem to get to grips with it. actually enjoying qirex more right now, trying a few tournaments on rapier

Lini-R
6th August 2009, 10:17 PM
AG Systems is the ship of choice for me at the moment. It's quite nice all round. However I do like using Goteki just because I'm a long term fan of the team since Wip3out.

stin
12th August 2009, 10:39 AM
I always use Goteki in Pure`s versions!, the thrust at the start of the races are bloody awesome power!

So...yeah!:guitar

stevie:)

archman
12th August 2009, 06:10 PM
Been racing Harimau now. Very nice. I need that response in Pure. :)

limited-velocity
12th August 2009, 07:35 PM
when i say bad i meen like....make u look like a noob because u need the better ships to get good times in the races and such or is it ok and ppl wont look down on you XD. if not...then my fave ship is icaras hands down.....if it is forget what u just read in the past line and replace with ( my fave ship is the Qirex hands down with the livery skin ;) )

archman
12th August 2009, 08:01 PM
Nor Q(not U)irex or Icaras are superships in Pure. Triakis is the supership. Qirex may be, cause of some flaw in it, but it doesn't make you faster like with Triakis.

limited-velocity
12th August 2009, 08:14 PM
typo mah bad ;)

XpanDrome2097
22nd August 2009, 09:55 PM
At this time am playing Qirex ship a lot, but only because am a fanatic of the team....the ship don't feel like a real Qirex (I don't want another supership again, only a ship with its classic parameters, but am gonna say that the Pure's model is more than decent, and it looks great), but it's very balanced and with a great shield, but the old Qirex it's another story....

AG-wolf
23rd August 2009, 03:11 AM
TURBOWEEVEL

For real, I love the thing. In order of preference, my three favorite teams are:
Turboweevel, Auricom, Puma 2

Venom: Try "Puma 2" if you are a longtime Qirex pilot. The ship model is the one they used for Qirex in Pulse, it's very similar to the XL/2097 model, except it's grey. The stats/handling feel more like Qirex, too.

NCR GhosT
28th August 2009, 02:38 PM
assegai and qirex

RJ O'Connell
2nd September 2009, 04:20 PM
For some reason I really like Van-Uber.

MrSmadSmartAlex
2nd September 2009, 04:31 PM
I really like the heavyweight ships on Pure for some reason. Piranha is my favourite right now, but I also like Auricom and Tigron.
I tried Turboweevil after AG-wolf mentioned it, and it's got a great feel to it. Maybe I'll even switch to that as my main ship...;)

Kurlija
2nd September 2009, 08:34 PM
Gotta be Van Uber for me.

At first it was the design that made me choose it. It became my main ship later, I just love the way it handles. Difficult to explain but it turns unlike any other ship in Pure.

XpanDrome2097
2nd September 2009, 10:47 PM
Van-Uber is great, for the first times that I've played Pure I've used a lot, but it's not my favourite ;).

MrSmadSmartAlex
21st October 2009, 08:36 PM
Playing at Phantom only, now that I've unlocked it, and Piranha is still my favourite, but I'm still wobbling a little. I wish there was a ship with handling 1....
:lol

XpanDrome2097
7th January 2010, 10:36 PM
At this time am using a lot the Piranha ship: highest speed ever, poor thrust and handling, essential shield...this is f****n' brutal :rock!
I love Piranha in Pure, the FX300's ship model is very extreme.

And Assegai is cool, but don't feel how a real Assegai must be: it's a good model, balanced but totally different that the Assegai that I have loved in Wip3out, or the Pulse model.

WolfKill01
27th November 2010, 11:02 PM
My favorite ship in Pure alternates quite often. I've mained the Feisar, ag-sys, Van Uber, Qirex, Goteki, and Icaras. Although the one ship that i use the most, as well as being one of my favorite teams of all time, is the Auricom. It's strong, it's fast, and it's heavy. This results in a very quick ship that feels great through turns and doesn't have a problem with busting through the pack. Although when I'm in a light-weight kinda mood, I'll fly an Icaras for a while. It's extremly fast, light, and can hold it's own on those twitsty tracks. Not to mention it's incredible sexy ;)

Xpand
28th November 2010, 09:05 PM
Feisar, no doubt about it... Though I fly AG-S and Harimau often too...

yeldar2097
29th November 2010, 09:24 AM
I think my Pure favourite is Auricom as well. Although I've only really played enough to unlock Phantom to do a few Time Trials so I still have limited experience with the ships.

JABBERJAW
3rd December 2010, 07:00 PM
Havenzoomer by far, best ship in the game!

yeldar2097
5th December 2010, 07:41 PM
But look at the name! Havenzoomer? Really?
:D

Icaras666
22nd December 2010, 10:31 AM
i always used harimau until i got the expansion packs, now its Icaras:D

Flint Fandango
15th March 2011, 02:57 PM
In WipEout 3 (SE), Pulse and HD/Fury my favourite ship is Goteki45 - but in PurE it is quite different.
The Goteki45 in PurE hasn´t got the classical design which is pretty sad...but I´m happy to have an alternative ship especially for PurE:
PUMA 1
Nice stats and an athletic design! It is also a regional home advantage for me, as PUMA was founded not far from where I live. The head office is still there, of course. Thus, I can identify well with PUMA 1.

EDIT: Well, I´m back at Team FEISAR again, lol! A reliable ship, even in higher speedclasses. I´m pretty inconstant, but it takes some time to get through all the teams in PurE, and to choose the best fitting ship. So, here I am on my way to gain the rank of a purist!

Dusk118
18th May 2011, 07:52 AM
I have two favorites: Tigron and Icaras. I've even created a Joint Strike Force known as Tigras, and it's quite formidable to say the least.

WolfKill01
10th June 2011, 07:55 PM
Sigh...once again, my favorites have changed. I'm such a gutless flip flopper :lol Instead of Auricom and Icaras, I know fly the Piranha and Van Uber. The Piranha is just so much faster than the Auricom and the weight is much more satisfying. And on those more technical circuits, I find the Van Uber to be much more useful. While some might argue that it's just an over powered FEISAR, I think that there are many things that set it apart. Like how the back end slides out more around corners. It may say 5/5 handling but I don't think it's as grippy as some might think. It's also very fast when you're flying clean and is decently quick out of the corners. It also can twitch through chicanes unlike anything else in the game. Absolutely love these two teams :cowboy

Xpand
20th June 2011, 11:52 AM
Now I'm in a struggle to find out if I like AGS more than Harimau. Tough call.
I manage to break records with my AGS, but win all the races with the Harimau...

Of course, in HD it's AGS all the way!

trackripper
24th June 2011, 07:21 PM
Pure... I used FEISAR religiously... occasionally turning to Qirex and Assegai for straighter tracks, but anything heavier than that was impossible to handle for me, especially on tracks like Citta Nuova... MY GOD THAT TRACK...

Xpand
25th June 2011, 06:12 PM
Citta Nuova... MY GOD THAT TRACK...

Lol, even the AI have trouble racing around that track! :D

trackripper
27th June 2011, 06:21 PM
That track was absolute hell, I couldn't even get the gold for it on Flash TT, never mind Rapier and Phantom... Oh and Xpand, this is Serpent 1 btw :P

MrSmadSmartAlex
27th June 2011, 07:47 PM
Haha, Shitta Nuova is the best track! :D
I will admit that everybody hating it has played a small part in making me like it :lol, but after I played it a lot, I started to really enjoy it. I rarely play any other tracks in Pure now. After a couple of thousand laps or so, it becomes very nice to race on IMO. :)

noj
27th June 2011, 08:21 PM
Just a thousand laps to get into it lol. I didnt mind Citta Nova that much it was a big challange but nothing compared with Silverstream in the original Wipeout and Outpost 7 in Pulse. The track that really ennoyed me in pure was Karbonis, it was my favorite track in the original Wipeout but in Pure it was shrunk 10 fold with those last couple of corners incredibnly difficult to take cleanly:paperbag.
Ive gone through just about every craft on Pure but my favorites would have to be Feisar for the twistys, Triakus for single races cause I have so much sheild, and Auricom . The Vanuber from the download packs is a really good twisty craft( I would use it between feisar and Auricom) and it looks like Sebulbas podracer from star wars a wee bit :)

MrSmadSmartAlex
27th June 2011, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah, Silverstream is evil! I haven't got the hang of that one yet.
O7 is okay though IMO. It has the hairpins and it's narrow in places, but it has a flow to it. The Black run is much smoother than the White for me though.
Agreed on Karbonis; I only got the original Wipeout a year or two ago (though I played it a few times when it came out), and was surprised at how enjoyable that track was compared to the Pure version. :D

As for ships, I use Triakis for time trial and speed lap (because of the bug). For multiplayer or playing for fun, I tend to use Icaras or Klor, sometimes Piranha. I don't like any of the high handling ships (applies to Pulse too), because I twitch them into walls all the time. :lol

jesse9705
28th June 2011, 04:09 AM
My two personal favourite's would be Van-Uber And Triakis,
With Van-Uber you can just sort of feel the Power of the steering, It handle's so smoothly, And it look's epic

And Triakis, Is really good for winning in this game,

I love coming round behind the other contender's in a Van-Uber or a triakis and Eliminating them :D