PDA

View Full Version : Am i screwed? - firmware issue

Aeroracer
17th July 2009, 09:04 PM
I am playing pulse on psp and i just went to go online to get myself owned and when i went to sign in and computer says "your account has been suspended", i was still signed in on ps3, so whats it mean, and what do i do to sort it out:frown::frown::frown:

OBH
17th July 2009, 09:32 PM
Im confused. Your PSP or your PS3 says its suspeded?

Aeroracer
17th July 2009, 09:36 PM
No my psp said my account was suspended. I think my ps3 was still signed in at the time.

OBH
17th July 2009, 09:41 PM
you tried turning off your ps3 then trying again on your psp?
No idea if thatll work!! :g but if it was mine thats what id try.

That really is as far as my techno-knowledge goes though :g

Aeroracer
17th July 2009, 09:45 PM
thx haydn, i will try that.:)

NightArh
18th July 2009, 07:06 AM
Jasmin also try to upgrade firmware maybe it will help you!

KIGO1987
18th July 2009, 10:16 AM
Damn what the hell, ive never come across that before.

Asayyeah
18th July 2009, 08:04 PM
Oleg i am pretty sure you're right : i had this message on my 2nd psp ( the downgraded one)

KIGO1987
18th July 2009, 08:21 PM
You have a CFW and OFW PSP's asa?

Asayyeah
18th July 2009, 09:05 PM
Kieran, i thought :
1- you were reading ALL posts from the zone
2- you told me you were not abusing any drugs ;) so maybe next time i am coming down-under to visit you, don't give me adress of your drug-dealer : too strong stuff : it destroys instantly your memory. :blarg

Mu5
18th July 2009, 09:39 PM
LOL :D

Yeah I got that message as well - I will update the firmware and see how it goes. Cheers for the info :D :+

Aeroracer
19th July 2009, 09:50 PM
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy245/jasmin-jade1/crybaby.jpg

I can't play online in pulse. Ive made sure the ps3 was turned off and when i log into psp it says "your account has been suspended"
I made new account it said "thats suspended too"
I hardly ever play playstation so i dont understand..

Someoen said about firmware may cause it..
Whats firmware..

Darkdrium777
20th July 2009, 05:10 AM
I don't know what's up. For me it only says a firmware upgrade is required, and God knows I'll never ever use OFW again... So I don't know what's the problem...
I would try going to the far left on the XMB (User interface) of the PSP then up one bit for Network update and follow the onscreen instructions.
Make sure not to turn off the PSP during the update process and follow the instructions carefully. When it says to press a button to reboot, do it, DO NOT USE THE POWER SWITCH.

NightArh
20th July 2009, 06:42 AM
Yeah and make sure your battery is charged well. CFWs were blocked in PSN ;)

Firmware = System Software

Darkdrium777
20th July 2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, they did block some CFW, but not all of them. However that's not the problem here, this is different and it looks more serious... I don't understand where the account suspension comes from. :S
Haven't done anything against the terms of service that could be a ban-able offence?

NightArh
20th July 2009, 07:36 AM
If Sony bans an account they have to send an e-mail with ban reason. And they have to point ban time in addition:sonar I think the reason in jasmin's case is an old version of system software

ACE-FLO
20th July 2009, 12:18 PM
Jasmin, check the email account your PSN is linked to. The reason why your PSNid has been suspended will be there. And instructions on how to get it activated again.

I told you this in visitor message too. A few days ago.

Aeroracer
20th July 2009, 01:18 PM
I checked my email and there are no messages.Thing is i got my psp for xmas when they were first released but never ever used it.Its gotta be 4/5 years old so maybe like some people say it is just old. There is no way i could have been suspended as i have never been online with a psp and i have only been online with my ps3 for about a week or so.

But thx to everyone for trying to get me up and running. I am sure i will get there in the end.:)

Darkdrium777
20th July 2009, 04:03 PM
You should really try updating your system software if you haven't done so already. Here are the instructions (http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/SystemUpdates/PSP) from Playstation.com
At the bottom of this page there are links to the three ways you can update: Through a PC (http://www.us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psp/pc.html), using only the PSP (http://www.us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psp/network.html), and using a UMD (http://www.us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psp/umd.html) with a firmware update on it. You will want to try any of the first two methods.

ACE-FLO
20th July 2009, 05:07 PM
Yes, perform the system update. Instructions above.

Aeroracer
20th July 2009, 06:25 PM
thx for help. iwill try it and let you know..:)

Aeroracer
20th July 2009, 11:07 PM
Well 3 days later i have finally managed to get online.

My software was out of date. i had version 1.? it's now version 5.
I also found out i had to sign in on the psp screen so when the game starts it takes me online when i want to.

Only problem now is Wipeout pulse seems more like Wipeout Flatlined:(......It's a ghost town there was no one to play..8 billion people in the world but none of them are playing wipeout..whyyyy.its a good game.
Maybe the internet made a mistake and sent me to wrong server..i hope so..

Anyway I can play online on psp my PSP name is jade-applebum, if anyone still plays.

archman
20th July 2009, 11:10 PM
See the other topic in this section for online meetings. We will let you know when we're playing. ;)

NightArh
21st July 2009, 06:12 AM
It's a ghost town there was no one to play..8 billion people in the world but none of them are playing wipeout..
It is a normal thing. No one will be waiting in the room cos battery life is not infinite ;) That is why we meet using appropriate thread